Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:19 AM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (377) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (998139 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) ... (469) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by benycent(m): 9:25am On Dec 20, 2015
Pascalbaba:
Top of the morning to you wonderful people.
I got a report from uni-assist yesterday concerning my application (MSc biotechnology) to BTU Cottbus). It reads that my application can't be forwarded to the school because I've not yet attained the necessary undergraduate degree to qualify for the graduate program. My undergraduate course is microbiology and I'm sure its one of those courses that qualifies one for MSc biotechnology.

Also in the report, it was kindly noted that when my bachelor's degree (8semesters in Nigeria) was converted to German bachelor, it's 6semesters. Stating that 7-semester program is required to qualify one for the graduate program.

At this point, are they saying 8-semester program in Nigeria is equivalent to 6semesters in Germany? Was anyone in this dilemma before? What should be done now? Should I request that my application be forwarded to the school that way?

@Eke40seven, @phucado, @Hollyatan and everyone please come to my rescue.

Prompt and critical responses are needed please.

Quickly mail the coordinator of the course....I had the same issue when I applied for my second masters, I mailed the admission office of my school and they requested for my papers....I will recommend you do the same thing...hopefully it should work.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kciano: 9:27am On Dec 20, 2015
kingsleymike:
Learn German for your own sake! you might shit yourself if you fail. Make a huge effort to learn it in Nijja. It will save you money and help you in your day to day activities no matter how little you grab. Moreover, you will have no time to do whatever language course when you get here because the workload in school is more than too much and do not forget you may want to work. (speaking from personal experience, maybe somebody else somewhere finds its easy).
So many are frustrated here in Bremen because they cannot fit into most job opportunities.
There are jobs but forget most of them if you have no German knowledge. If you be street man you go do agidi follow dem bumper2bumper. Dem no born satan well for your matter but If you be Ajebutter, kindly ask your parents to double the normal block account money for your case because after only 3months you begin see 5ksomething as your available balance.
Someone I know went for a packaging interview and the Interviewer fired away in German. PACKAGING OO!. He lost and went home.

KCIANO! pm me your contact naa. Haba! Na so you wan shun your guy forever for Europe? forgetting wat we passed tru together that night. What if I bcom President in the future? na so you go loose your contract oo lol.
Lets keep in touch dude. No one can tel tomorrow's story today.

y i go forget my chairman..this people dey really wound me with equations and symbol i neva see for my life. i dey whatsapp u but its seems u dnt use ur naija number again.. i have replied ur pm.... lets carry on from dia bro.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by willy2000(m): 11:00am On Dec 20, 2015
Eke40seven:

You failed to add that when you go to the shopping mall, you stand there for hours praying you don't buy urine in place of ororo, or liquid detergent thinking its body soap.... And for the love of God, you hardly come by a product with English translations. Yeah! I understand thses things limits you.
You miss a lot of opportunities because of the language, i could have gotten an accommodation for free (in place of some little services) but couldn't get it because of the language barrier, ( a room in a flatshare here in nothing less than 400-500 euros by the way if you are lucky) landlords are choosy based on langauge, etc
Yeah! Staying in Munich can save you a lot of stress, its what they call "multi kulti" they almost all understand and speak English although they will always tell you "Nein/ja, ein bisschien" but same cannot be said of the outskirts, in fact their bavarian accents are so hard, it break stones. Although people here are EXTREMELY nice and helpful.
[size=14pt]I have been to Bremen, Hamburg, Leipzig, Berlin, Oldenburg, Bamberg, Hannover, etc all recently, may be in some i spent only a few hours[/size], and i can fully relate what victz and crowns2 are saying.
For prospective applicants, please learn as much as you can, you don't know where you might find yourself, even in places where English is widely spoken, its absolutely important you can speak or understand what is being spoken.
lie lie you only passed through Bamberg. Spending time at the train station doesn't mean you have visited the city...........Mr EKE shocked shocked

6 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by femo86(m): 11:34am On Dec 20, 2015
takeastep:
Anyone with a candid advice?

Blocked account documents signed and submitted since 17th of November. No sign of account details till now.

Way forward please? Thanks

Bro, how much did you pay for the account opening at the Embassy? 4500 or above
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ohakskid: 11:42am On Dec 20, 2015
ohakskid:
Hello house, pls advice me. I av a gf and I intend to go 4 my msc nxt year and I will lik to do a court marriage onces I get my visa so wen I reach dere, she can apply 4 a spouse visa n join me there. Pls I need u all to give mi a better suggestion dat will make such plan go well. Will b waitn Tnx fam
Anyone with a candid advice. pls hlp out
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ohakskid: 11:53am On Dec 20, 2015
benycent:

Quickly mail the coordinator of the course....I had the same issue when I applied for my second masters, I mailed the admission office of my school and they requested for my papers....I will recommend you do the same thing...hopefully it should work.
@benycent, hwfr? Hw ur 2nd masters dey go? Pls send me your numba.tnx
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Eke40seven(m): 12:03pm On Dec 20, 2015
willy2000:
lie lie you only passed through Bamberg. Spending time at the train station doesn't mean you have visited the city...........Mr EKE shocked shocked
I don catch this one, Beebee5000. I don open your yansh...
I was there for like 2-3-4 hours. I go chop, visit city centre, ask questions for directions, and follow the friend wey drive me visit a friend for a short while... See em head. I dey wait you for Munich for Christmas o.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Pascalbaba(m): 12:30pm On Dec 20, 2015
hollaytan:
According to btu last year, i wasnt admitted to btu for biotech, i was told that i can only gained admission to bridge to masters with my bachelors, bsc micro and a strong cgpa, in the long run i wasnt given any admission

Thank you for the response Mr Hollaytan. I presume you applied through uni-assist, was it uni-assist that told you that or the school? Did uni-assist at any time before forwarding your application to the school inform you that your application can't be forwarded because your undergraduate degree is a 6-semester program when converted to German bachelor? If yes, did you request your application to be forwarded like that?

With regard to the bridging stuff, after completing the bridging program, will one eventually begin the MSc program without rigorous application again?

I shall be anticipating your detailed response. Thank you.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bewaje: 12:59pm On Dec 20, 2015
Would I need to certify my Ielts certificate @ d German embassy, or I should send d photocopy to uni-assist.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by hollaytan: 1:28pm On Dec 20, 2015
uni-assis only evaluated the completeness of my documents and sent me a mail that they have evaluated my documents and they have forwarded my documents to the school, that it is the school that has the final decision. The school couldnt send me an acknowledgment that they have recieved my documents not until i messaged them to ask. It was then they told me that i was only qualified to be admitted to thier bridge to masters program which is a semestter program before i starting with biotechnology. i wasnt told that my undergraduate degree was 6 semester. After taking the bridge to masters program u easily proceed into ur first semester in biotech. Btu biotech dept are not quite reliable because in the long run, i wasnt admitted for the so called bridge to masters program and i wasnt given any reason. they couldnt even tell me i wasnt admitted untill i asked i wish you good luck bro, but apply to wink as many as u can

Pascalbaba:

Thank you for the response Mr Hollaytan. I presume you applied through uni-assist, was it uni-assist that told you that or the school? Did uni-assist at any time before forwarding your application to the school inform you that your application can't be forwarded because your undergraduate degree is a 6-semester program when converted to German bachelor? If yes, did you request your application to be forwarded like that?

With regard to the bridging stuff, after completing the bridging program, will one eventually begin the MSc program without rigorous application again?

I shall be anticipating your detailed response. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kilo4sure: 1:57pm On Dec 20, 2015
bewaje:
Would I need to certify my Ielts certificate @ d German embassy, or I should send d photocopy to uni-assist.
The answer to this question is already on the uniassist website.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by benycent(m): 2:28pm On Dec 20, 2015
willy2000:

Willy2000 werre you there with him grin grin grin all na visits grin grin grin of course if you are going to Hamburg from West and South you must pass through the cities in Niedersachsen....I have visited Essen, Duisburg, Köln, Dortmund, Bonn but my final destination was Düsseldorf grin grin grin grin.... Herr Eke ich bin bei dir
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by benycent(m): 2:32pm On Dec 20, 2015
ohakskid:

@benycent, hwfr? Hw ur 2nd masters dey go? Pls send me your numba.tnx

Bros we are pushing it....you can only add me on whatsapp +491520399172, I am not currently in Germany
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by dolpaz: 2:37pm On Dec 20, 2015
Eke40seven:
I was there for like 2-3-4 hours. I go chop, visit city centre, ask questions for directions, and follow the friend wey drive me visit a friend for a short while... See em head. I dey wait you for Munich for Christmas o.

Lol.. na your city nah..

willy2000:

Shebi I dey talk am since say this guy na Beebee5000, una turn deaf hears...

Whistles away ***
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by dolpaz: 2:39pm On Dec 20, 2015
Neyoalao:
dolpaz what's up we haven't heard anything from your end about the a. m matters

in other news who has seen zeeblamj she seems to have deactivated her account

Neyo, how far?

God punish devil.. We shall succeed at last..

You have a msg though !
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by dolpaz: 2:41pm On Dec 20, 2015
[quote author=dprinz99:

same issue bro,I'm tired oh
I sent mine on 31st Nov,der said it takes three weeks n yesterday completed my third week but I hvnt gotten any reply from them

takeastep post=41147733]Anyone with a candid advice?

Blocked account documents signed and submitted since 17th of November. No sign of account details till now.

Way forward please? Thanks

Make una calm down nah...It takes 6-8 weeks for your blocked account to be opened

Take a chill pill guys !

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by benycent(m): 3:16pm On Dec 20, 2015
Before I hit the street, I had a strong feeling I should drop something here for my brothers and sisters here.
there is no new thing to add here all questions have been delt with by Gurus but I would like to stress the language issues....atleast God has helped us thus far 3 years is no joke in foreign land PLEASE specially for team winter 2016... go register for language class be it Goethe or private lessons, online lesson or self teaching is not enough to learn Deutsch....let me share a joke: A friend of mine(Nigerian) bought a soap at Penny, he's been using the soap for a long time not until we were in the same room at a conference I saw the soap in th bathroom...I first thought it was the hotel that provides the soap but I was wondering why should hotel provide two hand soaps, I then asked him who has the second soap it was for him, he was even praising the manufacturer that I could see his skin had changed, immediately I told him he had been using "handseife" not "Dusche".....in a not shell it is important to learn the language.

I would like to advise those who just entered Deutschland and for those coming in for summer semester.....I know most of your expectations were or yet to be met (the sucking of block account,the jobs......) but I have a good news for you it would still come I can assure that let your feet stand very well and understand the system ( be careful with the heater in your room for now and signing of contracts) do not listen to those bros who will be boosting of 20 years in Deutschland, you are not the same, they came in through Asylum they do not have idea of German education system....I will beg you join our facebook group (Nigerian Scholars in Germany) some great guys are there, they are willing to help you in difficulties...lastly you might face racism or stereotyping in school, class or shops, please do not jump into conclusion that "germans are racist" racism and stereotyping is everywhere even in Nigeria, for example people tell you he's an igbo, he's yoruba, hausas are illiterate.....and so on, treat racism and stereotyping as individual case....

For the team winter 2016, take your time to read threads from page 1-till the end as it would really help you, I want to prophesy into someone's life....You have been seeing good news here and you been asking God when is mine coming, the Lord that brought me here without no block account or sponsorship or scholarship, He's still alive, He would do it! Don't be depressed but press forward, hold on hope and faith....and when God has done it please do not cover the glory of God, share the good news here as it would encourage others.

Lastly I want to thank every one who has contributed in this thread, Eke40seven(took me time to decode d nam grin grin grin) hope to see you in Munchen when I come around, Oye50 I tualle sir, My friend Nevillebolt(awon ti Frankfurt, money city), Crowns2, hollaytan, Kciano...I hope to seee you in Magdeburg in January.

Merry Christmas!
Fröhliche Weihnachten!

Peace out!

3 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ohakskid: 3:18pm On Dec 20, 2015
benycent:

Bros we are pushing it....you can only add me on whatsapp +491520399172, I am not currently in Germany
I just did, when u go enter germany back?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ohakskid: 3:26pm On Dec 20, 2015
Wonderful, I love you for this, just like u were talking to me directly. God bless you abundantly and also bless those yet to come to germany, we all shall succeed in jesus name, Amen smiley
benycent:
Before I hit the street, I had a strong feeling I should drop something here for my brothers and sisters here.
there is no new thing to add here all questions have been delt with by Gurus but I would like to stress the language issues....atleast God has helped us thus far 3 years is no joke in foreign land PLEASE specially for team winter 2016... go register for language class be it Goethe or private lessons, online lesson or self teaching is not enough to learn Deutsch....let me share a joke: A friend of mine(Nigerian) bought a soap at Penny, he's been using the soap for a long time not until we were in the same room at a conference I saw the soap in th bathroom...I first thought it was the hotel that provides the soap but I was wondering why should hotel provide two hand soaps, I then asked him who has the second soap it was for him, he was even praising the manufacturer that I could see his skin had changed, immediately I told him he had been using "handseife" not "Dusche".....in a not shell it is important to learn the language.

I would like to advise those who just entered Deutschland and for those coming in for summer semester.....I know most of your expectations were or yet to be met (the sucking of block account,the jobs......) but I have a good news for you it would still come I can assure that let your feet stand very well and understand the system ( be careful with the heater in your room for now and signing of contracts) do not listen to those bros who will be boosting of 20 years in Deutschland, you are not the same, they came in through Asylum they do not have idea of German education system....I will beg you join our facebook group (Nigerian Scholars in Germany) some great guys are there, they are willing to help you in difficulties...lastly you might face racism or stereotyping in school, class or shops, please do not jump into conclusion that "germans are racist" racism and stereotyping is everywhere even in Nigeria, for example people tell you he's an igbo, he's yoruba, hausas are illiterate.....and so on, treat racism and stereotyping as individual case....

For the team winter 2016, take your time to read threads from page 1-till the end as it would really help you, I want to prophesy into someone's life....You have been seeing good news here and you been asking God when is mine coming, the Lord that brought me here without no block account or sponsorship or scholarship, He's still alive, He would do it! Don't be depressed but press forward, hold on hope and faith....and when God has done it please do not cover the glory of God, share the good news here as it would encourage others.

Lastly I want to thank every one who has contributed in this thread, Eke40seven(took me time to decode d nam grin grin grin) hope to see you in Munchen when I come around, Oye50 I tualle sir, My friend Nevillebolt(awon ti Frankfurt, money city), Crowns2, hollaytan, Kciano...I hope to seee you in Magdeburg in January.

Merry Christmas!
Fröhliche Weihnachten!

Peace out!

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by nevilbot: 4:07pm On Dec 20, 2015
benycent:

Merry Christmas!
Fröhliche Weihnachten!

Peace out!

Mein name ist nevilbot nicht nevillebolt.!!!
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kilo4sure: 4:28pm On Dec 20, 2015
kciano:

y i go forget my chairman..this people dey really wound me with equations and symbol i neva see for my life. i dey whatsapp u but its seems u dnt use ur naija number again.. i have replied ur pm.... lets carry on from dia bro.
Kai Kciano na wa o, your whatsapp isn't functional anymore, I've sent you a PM sha, you don 4get me.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kciano: 4:48pm On Dec 20, 2015
benycent:
there is no new thing to add here all questions have been delt with by Gurus but I would like to stress the language issues....atleast God has helped us thus far 3 years is no joke in foreign land PLEASE specially for team winter 2016... go register for language class be it
My brother it seems u were the one I heard about in magdeburg...anyway plss come back and guide ur boy....when I was in Nigeria I read ur post couple of times but I neva knew u were studying in magdeburg... bis bald

Goethe or private lessons, online lesson or self teaching is not enough to learn Deutsch....let me share a joke: A friend of mine(Nigerian) bought a soap at Penny, he's been using the soap for a long time not until we were in the same room at a conference I saw the soap in th bathroom...I first thought it was the hotel that provides the soap but I was wondering why should hotel provide two hand soaps, I then asked him who has the second soap it was for him, he was even praising the manufacturer that I could see his skin had changed, immediately I told him he had been using "handseife" not "Dusche".....in a not shell it is important to learn the language.

Merry Christmas!
Fröhliche Weihnachten!

Peace out!

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kciano: 4:49pm On Dec 20, 2015
kilo4sure:

Kai Kciano na wa o, your whatsapp isn't functional anymore, I've sent you a PM sha, you don 4get me.

I can't forget u my man ..I still get ur nunber ..check ur whatsapp messages now ..I will anser u
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Neyoalao(m): 5:38pm On Dec 20, 2015
wow... what a sunday... its actually nice to have all the bosses back to write and not to ghost view the thread... with a platform like this amd the Facebook platform we can actually be the change in Europe even as Nigerians.... because everyone just keep attesting to the fact that indians are just too nice to themselves even the newcomers that one know knows the city and how to save cost like them...... lets try our possible best to be like them it all started aday also..... i pray the hustle wey carry all of una reach Germany and wey dey make we wey dey back home to preparing to come will end in praise in Jesus name

merry Christmas to all my bosses oh and nice to have you back...
Una wey just enter for winter dey prepare to come give us information next year oh just like the old tradition...
shalom
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by takeastep: 5:47pm On Dec 20, 2015
femo86:

Not sure. Just asking for a friend. Thanks.

Bro, how much did you pay for the account opening at the Embassy? 4500 or above
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by takeastep: 5:48pm On Dec 20, 2015
dolpaz:

Thanks

Make una calm down nah...It takes 6-8 weeks for your blocked account to be opened

Take a chill pill guys !
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by willy2000(m): 7:24pm On Dec 20, 2015
dolpaz:

Lol.. na your city nah..
Shebi I dey talk am since say this guy na Beebee5000, una turn deaf hears...
Whistles away ***

dude face your front.... I was only stating the obvious. You don't say you visited a town if you actually didn't tour or do some sight seeing.

Eke40seven:

i dey my room for xmas ohh but if you wire me small change or send me ticket i fit come follow you jolly xmas ......
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by benycent(m): 8:45pm On Dec 20, 2015
nevilbot:

Mein name ist nevilbot nicht nevillebolt.!!!

ich danke dich für die Korrektur grin grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by stevemims(m): 9:06pm On Dec 20, 2015
Hi everyone! Is there anyone here who
wants to send his/her docs to germany
this week or in the next few days? If
there is,pls do pm me so that we could
send together and share the cost.... PS:
if you're travelling to germo anytime soon,you can also help with the docs... A blessed week ahead.. Thanks.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by benycent(m): 10:53pm On Dec 20, 2015
ohakskid:
Wonderful, I love you for this, just like u were talking to me directly. God bless you abundantly and also bless those yet to come to germany, we all shall succeed in jesus name, Amen smiley
I am sorry I made a mistake typing the number it is +4915203991972.... accept my apology!
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by stevemims(m): 11:45pm On Dec 20, 2015
Hi everyone.... Anybody with a clue of when the consulate would be going on christmas hols? Its not stated on their website... Thanks.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 4:45am On Dec 21, 2015
striker9:
Good day gurus

I have tried getting info from the previous pages about German Employment one year visa,but proved to no avail.I know the requirements but I'll appreciate someone with the experience to share the experience on how easy or strict the visa and processing is.Thanks....
lol....
Ogami' your qualifications gats dey super duper tight else no german company go reason you (and your Nigerian degree). Even Nigerians wey dey Germany with their German degree never get work, you wan miracolously get the work from 9ja ba? Anyways anything is possible, just believe. I love your faith tho.

(1) (2) (3) ... (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) ... (469)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.