Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,311 members, 7,811,926 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:51 PM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (379) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (994765 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) ... (469) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by willy2000(m): 6:34pm On Dec 21, 2015
LeoCruz:

international software system science

oya na.. I hope u studied computer science or the likes, if yes, then good.
If you graduated with a 2.1 and and you have a background in computer science your admission is sure. Since you are from Nigeria, they may waive the English Requirement for you because i spoke with the program coordinator about it and told him, it's an insult for Nigerians to write IELTS, since English is our educational language. He told me it will be reviewed.
A little advice learn Java before coming ohh.... when I mean learn,I mean master the thing.

Anyway i look forward to seeing you in Bamberg. Its a nice and relatively cheap city but i must tell you, try and learn the language a little bit before coming. So you won't be like my indian class mates who are already frustrated and i want to transfer. grin grin
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by hadassaheke(f): 6:39pm On Dec 21, 2015
nevilbot:
All these arguments abt language is just funny and unnecesarry. Someone even claimed some letters come in english and i just laffed.

I av bin in germany 1yr 2months now and i av neva recieved a letter in english not once not ever. Even frankfurt messe that is an international company and wia i dont need german to do d job cus i dont get to speak during work hours still stoped me from working cus of german. The only place d train annouces in english is frankfurt stadium, frankfurt airport, frankfurt main station and d european central bank despite frankfurt bin an international city.

Im now taking german classes a1.1 and dat level alone cost me 350€

So we should stop saying surviving without d language is easy. Even police will chance u to support dia citizen who speaks to dem in german cus dey know u dont get wat is bin said.
hmmm, na waa o. Diaris God shaa, we shall learn, God helping!
Thank you everyone for all the useful Info's.......I really appreciate
#Team winter2016#

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by styles2009: 9:00pm On Dec 21, 2015
Bro, my opinion, it's not Racism.
Please the word carry lot of meaning in Deutschland,when you use it.
Don't forget the visitor is welcomed and also the official language remains German!

Obiwannn:

I'd have no other option but to call this Racism...

lol...They can be so proud and annoying ehn.. The thing is that they feel blacks 1) dont know anything 2) are suffering, when actually if we received the kinda education they received in their country, we'd be way smarter plus in reality dem even suffer pass us. Many of my Ogas don tell me not to take nonsense from them anymore... As Germans no dey send them, the only opportunity them get na to use you take shine, something they'd gladly do if u give them chance.

Oga mi' forget all wetin you dey see online. Getting a job is first very competitive for blacks residing in the Country with the country's certificate, e come be you wey dey come from outside with a foreign often looked-down upon degree. Also the Course of study matters. That's why I tell friends who are in IT not to hesitate in deciding whether to come here or not, as this is the place where I believe there are more available IT jobs than applicants. The only limiting factor again is the German language, something I am still trying to come to terms with.
If you are interested in skilled immigration then cast your net towards countries offering the program like Australia, heard Canada and Denmark, but not so sure. Even boys for here dey run this same program.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by number13: 10:15pm On Dec 21, 2015
It's been a long time! People coming to Germany from Nigeria: study, study, and study, and prepared to study, study, and study when you get here! I now feel like I cheated myself into TUM. I used to take getting an A (above 70% in the university where I did my bachelor's in Nigeria) as being equivalent to the German 1.0. I didn't know one needed to be above about the 95th percentile to have a 1.0. The reality of the matter dawned on me when I saw the result of my German as a Foreign Language A1.1+1.2 midsemester test. The teacher briefly returned the marked scripts to us so that we could make sure there was no mistake in the grading. I had 54.25 points out of a possible 68 -- just below 80%. I thought it was quite good until I saw the grade: 2.7! That many exchange students in my class still doing their bachelors' had 1.0s and 1 point somethings didn't help matters. I could make excuses that some of them might have studied German before, but I don't know that... The fact remains it was a 'below average score' (if we assume 2.5 to be average). Heck, bachelor's grades better than 2.5 on the average was the requirement to get invited for the interview phase of my present programme in first place! I could still say, well, my grade in German doesn't affect my overall grade in my current programme, but... let me just say, I can't really tell until it's time for the exams, which is drawing nearer everyday, but here, even in the regular programme-related courses that I'm taking, I'm maybe an average student at best. In Nigeria, I used to be very, very good. So, my advise to those intending to come to Germany remains: study, study,...
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by cocolacec(m): 11:34pm On Dec 21, 2015
Hi all I have a friend whose passports was seized by the German embassy Lagos due to. Multiple stamps his travel agent put on his passport to enable him get an Italian visa.He was granted an Italian visa for some days which he used.on getting back to Nigeria he decided to apply to German embassy for businees visa but only to have his passport seized and sent to Nigerian immigration Abuja.What do you advise him to do and how can he get a new passport or the seized passport back? He needs to travel abroad for his ordered goods lying in the warehouse.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by uchezdedon(m): 1:09am On Dec 22, 2015
Greeting My people, it has been a long time. Thanks for hammering on the language issue. For those coming here in 2016, please do your self good by learning the language, to avoid being Deaf and dump when you have many things to say.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by OlaoChi: 1:56am On Dec 22, 2015
Hello guys I just came on nairaland after many weeks, also I can't access my email as I've received many pm

I've had problems with the deutsche bank,
After trying to open through Abuja and failed, I used lagos, now the bank sent me a message saying

"We regret your account cannot be opened because your current home address has not been included. 
Please provide your home address format "street with house no., postal/zip code city, optionally additional address lines (e.g. c/o), country". 

!!! Please reply only in this particular case this inquiry to our email address directly.!!! 

In direct response to our request we will process your order for further processing as soon as possible. 
Our automatic reply does not apply in your particular case"

Truthfully, I filled in my friends address in Germany cause my address in nigeria lacks a postal code.

Now I replied this message but the counter reply was something about "invalid address, I should visit their website for all information and forms bla bla bla"
normally this address is not supposed to get replies but what email address do I send my Home address to now?
Or is this the automatic reply that I was told doesn't apply to my case?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Souljaboi1: 3:32am On Dec 22, 2015
OlaoChi:

Truthfully, I filled in my friends address in Germany cause my address in nigeria lacks a postal code.

No Nigerian city is without Postal Code.

Use this site to check yours [url]nigeriazipcodes.com[/url] if its not there, you can use the closest city/area.

Bis später !

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 6:09am On Dec 22, 2015
Obiwannn:

You must be domiciled in a village then... cheesy grin cheesy
Good points nonetheless...even to toast geh sef, you need Deutsche. Kai, the Language can be and has been limiting.
You don carry ya biggie belle come here shebi? Fyi Its the headquarter auslander in the capital city tongue
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Eke40seven(m): 6:38am On Dec 22, 2015
OlaoChi:
Hello guys I just came on nairaland after many weeks, also I can't access my email as I've received many pm

I've had problems with the deutsche bank,
After trying to open through Abuja and failed, I used lagos, now the bank sent me a message saying

"We regret your account cannot be opened because your current home address has not been included. 
Please provide your home address format "street with house no., postal/zip code city, optionally additional address lines (e.g. c/o), country". 

!!! Please reply only in this particular case this inquiry to our email address directly.!!! 

In direct response to our request we will process your order for further processing as soon as possible. 
Our automatic reply does not apply in your particular case"

Now I replied this message but the counter reply was something about "invalid address, I should visit their website for all information and forms bla bla bla"
normally this address is not supposed to get replies but what email address do I send my Home address to now?
Or is this the automatic reply that I was told doesn't apply to my case?
You were not properly guided, when filling the Deutsche Bank blocked account opening form, never, I repeat never fill a German address, it makes it automatically null and void or at least incomplete. Google your area's postal code, you will find it.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kilo4sure: 7:53am On Dec 22, 2015
Eke40seven:

You were not properly guided, when filling the Deutsche Bank blocked account opening form, never, I repeat never fill a German address, it makes it automatically null and void or at least incomplete. Google your area's postal code, you will find it.
Hmnn Eke baba I hail, thanks again for the stuff of that time.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 8:49am On Dec 22, 2015
crowns2:

You don carry ya biggie belle come here shebi? Fyi Its the headquarter auslander in the capital city tongue
If I enter you now ehn, na cry you go just cry...
I go just leave you because say you be my brother wife.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 8:50am On Dec 22, 2015
styles2009:
Bro, my opinion, it's not Racism.
Please the word carry lot of meaning in Deutschland,when you use it.
Don't forget the visitor is welcomed and also the official language remains German!

Why then should you decide not to speak English when you know the person you are addressing doesn't understand English.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Williamso(m): 9:22am On Dec 22, 2015
nevilbot:
All these arguments abt language is just funny and unnecesarry. Someone even claimed some letters come in english and i just laffed.

I av bin in germany 1yr 2months now and i av neva recieved a letter in english not once not ever. Even frankfurt messe that is an international company and wia i dont need german to do d job cus i dont get to speak during work hours still stoped me from working cus of german. The only place d train annouces in english is frankfurt stadium, frankfurt airport, frankfurt main station and d european central bank despite frankfurt bin an international city.

Im now taking german classes a1.1 and dat level alone cost me 350€

So we should stop saying surviving without d language is easy. Even police will chance u to support dia citizen who speaks to dem in german cus dey know u dont get wat is bin said.

Frankfurt must really suck then!
And you have been in Germany for over a year and are seriously paying 350 for A1.1? shocked shocked Ever heard of Volks Hochschule?

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kciano: 9:23am On Dec 22, 2015
Obiwannn:

Bros, how is Magdeburg naaa? how the City be? Are the peepole friendly? How studies na?? How the course-work, Is it what you expected? Is it easier than 9ja? More difficult? How you dey cope with Language Sometimes I say to myself why I didnt swap Magdeburg for Hamburg. I dunno if I made the right call.

my man magdeburg is cool...the people are friendly unlike what i heard but atimes the racism group springs up but they have anti racism groups that counter them always...the course work is the similar as what i did in FUTO.. i thought FUTO was stressing me, I neva knew they were training me for the future...the only difference here is that they haVe a different symbol in the normal chemical equations which we know in nigeria, so when u study it, u will adjust.. the only thing here is that you have so many things to read and crime too.. u will read and also crime cos they know u cant finish the questions within 2 hours, so speed ,matters ..imagine deriving and applying hundreds of equations similar to Arrhenius equations, runge kutta 4th order and raoults law and doing like 4 iterations in 2 hours? is it beans? so answser the questions .....is it easier in 9ja?, the language is a barrier everywhere in terms of job.. magdeburg is the capital city so most people speak english unlike my friend kelvinpalm wey dey complain about his city say if u no sabi speak german ..u r dead.. so i anser the question ..... did u make the right call?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by dolpaz: 10:33am On Dec 22, 2015
crowns2:

You don carry [size=15pt]ya biggie belle[/size] come here shebi? Fyi Its the headquarter auslander in the capital city tongue

Honestly, The bolded statement above does not correlate with his last response. he gave his own #opinion and all he could get was an insult. Please, We must learn to address ourselves properly on this faceless forum..

Obiwannn:

If I enter you now ehn, na cry you go just cry...
I go just leave you because say you be my brother wife.

Oga, abeg no vex.. Based on prophet parole *winks*

Gemeinsam Sind Wir Starke !

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by OlaoChi: 10:44am On Dec 22, 2015
Eke40seven:

Yes, unfortunately I just realized that.
But the problem now is getting my home address to them. .how do I do this? I sent my home address in a reply to that message but I got a counterreply saying the email address is not available for replies. .. I wonder if that's just the automatic message refered to here

"In direct response to our request we will process your order for further processing as soon as possible.
Our automatic reply does not apply in your particular case
"

Im asking this because I want assurance that I'm on track, I don't want to wait thinking I've sent it the right way when in reality I have not
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by dolpaz: 10:45am On Dec 22, 2015
cocolacec:
Hi all I have a friend whose passports was seized by the German embassy Lagos due to. Multiple stamps his travel agent put on his passport to enable him get an Italian visa.He was granted an Italian visa for some days which he used.on getting back to Nigeria he decided to apply to German embassy for businees visa but only to have his passport seized and sent to Nigerian immigration Abuja.What do you advise him to do and how can he get a new passport or the seized passport back? He needs to travel abroad for his ordered goods lying in the warehouse.

Bros, in my honest and candid opinion, he has been issued a fake Italian Visa. Mind you, the EU operates on a central database. The german embassy in Lagos ran a check on his visa and found it to be fake. Hence, the reason why his passport was not just sent to the Immigration office, but would have been confiscated. This is a serious issue as your friend would have also been handed a lenghty ban.

I remember a fellow here who suffered the same fate but he got everything sorted out by sending series of evidence of what transpired between him and the agent to the German embassy.

First, I'd advise your friend to write an email to the embassy demanding reason why his passport was sent to Abuja. he would probably get a response. he will also be informed if he has been banned of or not.

Secondly, If peradventure he was issued a fake visa, he should appeal the ban with cogent reasons on why he used an Agent for Visa processing and all.

As for immigration, I dont know about that as you will have to write series of letter explaining why your passport was sent to the immigration office. I have always been allergic to using agent in dealing with life issues especially when it comes to travelling. I hope he gets himself out of this messy situation.

#this are my opinions.

Someone with better ideas could also help.

All the best !
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by dolpaz: 10:46am On Dec 22, 2015
OlaoChi:

Yes, unfortunately I just realized that.
But the problem now is getting my home address to them. .how do I do this? I sent my home address in a reply to that message but I got a counterreply saying the email address is not available for replies. .. I wonder if that's just the automatic message refered to here

"In direct response to our request we will process your order for further processing as soon as possible.
Our automatic reply does not apply in your particular case
"

Im asking this because I want assurance that I'm on track, I don't want to wait thinking I've sent it the right way when in reality I have not

Madam, my advise for you is to fill another blocked account opening form with your Nigerian address and send it down there. !

That is an automatic response from the email and I doubt if anything could be effected with emails.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by benycent(m): 12:10pm On Dec 22, 2015
Obiwannn:

Zweite Masters? Das ist interessant!
Este, ist es Deutsch sprache nicht Deutsche grin grin grin grin
I will switch back to English because this Nigerians platform, as you can see now that most of our expectations before coming to Germany is not even 80% of what we expect, some programs are sweet on the webpage, but starting the program you will notice it is rubbish....more also I am equipping myself more....you can add me on whatsapp...i know some great guys in Hamburg
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Cindino20(m): 12:13pm On Dec 22, 2015
Obiwannn:

Why then should you decide not to speak English when you know the person you are addressing doesn't understand English.

So you will learn...do Nigerians speak french with french speaking pple in Nigeria?

Advice learn the lang to at least A2 in Nigeria B1 if possible and if u re here learn on your own..watch German tv...do Tandem or anythin just learn the lang else u will be limited!

One thing I ve noticed is that english speakers re grossly arrogant and ve this mindset that they speak english and dont need to learn the host country's language( use to ve same mindset until I start to see jobs and opportunities pass me by nobody advise me)

You dont need to be fluent as a native speaker just put in some efforts ..most times they just wanna see if u re willing to learn the language or not.

Make una learn o...Happy Xmas in Advance

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Cindino20(m): 12:24pm On Dec 22, 2015
Obiwannn:

Azzzzzzzin...No be lie...The reggae don dey play for my ears already. People don tell me taya...say learning the language is as important, even more, as (than) getting below a 2.0. Both which companies require from you. Well, I no no how to combine language learning with bookwork. I used to, but I don lose ginger as time no dey dey. I hope to reginger next semester tho...when the bookstress go don reduce.

You can

Take d lang course in d uni ( once a week) 1yr for one level...2yrs=Enterin B1..then after ur program u can do an intensive for 4mths to get to B2.

Also u can register for tandem program..also watch German Tv( kids channel: Kika .Disney or subtitled movies) d best..get a German babe or one that speaks German and english.

Abt Final grade...it can also be done....just look for a readin formula that will suit ur program...

Baba its nt easy but it can be done...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by cocolacec(m): 12:49pm On Dec 22, 2015
dolpaz:

Bros, in my honest and candid opinion, he has been issued a fake Italian Visa. Mind you, the EU operates on a central database. The german embassy in Lagos ran a check on his visa and found it to be fake. Hence, the reason why his passport was not just sent to the Immigration office, but would have been confiscated. This is a serious issue as your friend would have also been handed a lenghty ban.

I remember a fellow here who suffered the same fate but he got everything sorted out by sending series of evidence of what transpired between him and the agent to the German embassy.

First, I'd advise your friend to write an email to the embassy demanding reason why his passport was sent to Abuja. he would probably get a response. he will also be informed if he has been banned of or not.

Secondly, If peradventure he was issued a fake visa, he should appeal the ban with cogent reasons on why he used an Agent for Visa processing and all.

As for immigration, I dont know about that as you will have to write series of letter explaining why your passport was sent to the immigration office. I have always been allergic to using agent in dealing with life issues especially when it comes to travelling. I hope he gets himself out of this messy situation.

#this are my opinions.

Someone with better ideas could also help.

All the best !
Thanks for your advise ,his Italian visa wasn't fake because he applied at Vfs centre with the agent and he tracked his application till it was sent back to Vfs centre Lagos.He has multiple stamps from other African countries which the agent put on his passport to boost his chance of getting European visa.The embassy sent him a letter but did not mention anything like a ban.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 12:51pm On Dec 22, 2015
dolpaz:

Honestly, The bolded statement above does not correlate with his last response. he gave his own #opinion and all he could get was an insult. Please, We must learn to address ourselves properly on this faceless forum..

Oga, abeg no vex.. Based on prophet parole *winks*

Gemeinsam Sind Wir Starke !
What's all this about? how was my reply to him an insult? If no be one thing, I for i for tell you ''Abeg swerve''. But i no tell you oh before you go report me tongue tongue
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by victz: 3:43pm On Dec 22, 2015
To travel from city to city no hard kee! na your money kill am. grin grin grin And besides Eke get fans all over deutschland.

Obiwannn:

Oga, only you? Tchai!!! Eke the TRAVELER!!!
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lakesidepapa(m): 6:11pm On Dec 22, 2015
honourableseyi:

Noooo. Even in the same school, admission requirements differ department by department. How is your stuff going?

I'm keeping it tight bro and hope urs is going smooth. Oluwa mashee lagbara olorun
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by nevilbot: 7:48pm On Dec 22, 2015
Williamso:

Frankfurt must really suck then!
And you have been in Germany for over a year and are seriously paying 350 for A1.1? shocked shocked Ever heard of Volks Hochschule?

I am paying dat at volks hochschule. Fees plus textbook and its a1.1 so dont come acting like i dont know wat im saying or doing
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by willy2000(m): 7:51pm On Dec 22, 2015
nevilbot:

I am paying dat at volks hochschule. Fees plus textbook and its a1.1 so dont come acting like i dont know wat im saying or doing
take am easy na, just say the price varies depending on the city....... but i no go lie sha that ur price too much 350€ fa
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Cindino20(m): 7:59pm On Dec 22, 2015
willy2000:

take am easy na, just say the price varies depending on the city....... but i no go lie sha that ur price too much 350€ fa

He is right...d cost varies from city to city...and depends on hw much the city subsidies the program..

In Bremen B1 is 372 euros....I dont think its that expensive in Bochum.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by willy2000(m): 8:06pm On Dec 22, 2015
Cindino20:

He is right...d cost varies from city to city...and depends on hw much the city subsidies the program..

In Bremen B1 is 372 euros....I dont think its that expensive in Bochum.
I know, that is why i said he should tone his voice down a bit.....lol grin grin grin

Besides, you guys should enjoy the other goodies of your cities na, Abi no be only una waka come? tongue tongue
Last year in my small town i paid just 62€ for B2.2..... grin grin
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Cindino20(m): 8:10pm On Dec 22, 2015
willy2000:

I know, that is why i said he should tone his voice down a bit.....lol grin grin grin

Besides, you guys should enjoy the other goodies of your cities na, Abi no be only una waka come? tongue tongue
Last year in my small town i paid just 62€ for B2.2..... grin grin

My broda in Bochum its abt same price..but I just surprise say I see dat amount for vhs bremen i go ball in their office for jan go ask well maybe na typo error grin

Which city u pay 62 euros so...big city big wahala....I sure miss Bochum already

(1) (2) (3) ... (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) ... (469)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.