Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,707 members, 7,816,907 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:54 PM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (378) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (996534 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) ... (469) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 4:48am On Dec 21, 2015
michlan:
My application for MIP at stuttgart was just refused and most of the programs I really love after the MIP course are offered by Universities of Applied Sciences. I need advice on the prospects of masters degree from UAS as i've read that they are not equivalent to universities. Can one secure a placement for PhD with a masters degree from UAS. Thanks
Not really easy to get a PhD with UAoS. But yeah, you can.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 4:51am On Dec 21, 2015
Williamso:
This is what you posted "they would never want to speak English to you despite the fact that English is their second language. The only means of communication here is German" which I disagree with. Yes, employers insist on German and yes, most (not all) posts come in German. Heck, du bist in Deutschland! Will you employ someone in Nigeria who doesn't speak English? I do not argue that German is not very important for economic reasons, what I disagree with is your assertion that people will socially refuse to speak English to you if they can, but like I said, it probably depends on the city... Endlich man brauchst Deutsch lernen. Es ist sehr wichtig.

All my posts were in Deutsche. undecided

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 4:55am On Dec 21, 2015
crowns2:

Many times I want to come here to say this but i don't know how people will react. From my experience in Germany I would say please don't get on that flight to Germany if you do not know how to speak or read German. In the past people just post and say: Learn the language without giving concrete and convincing reasons why. Let me explain like this:

From the airport you need to get to where you will be staying. You go to information desk to ask how to get to your destination. The people you may meet there hardly understand your question. You get on the train, tram or bus the announcements at the station, digital screen for bus stops are in German. There was i time i was alone on the track because everyone left the place and i didn't know the trip had being cancelled and the announcement over the air was in German. Some Naija people I know have been left alone in trains because everyone disembarked and they didn't understand the announcement. The train hasn't come at the time it should, you need to ask people around is it still gonna come? Sorry no one understands what you are saying.
You need to unblock your account. The bankers don't understand you. They will help you scout for an English speaker. The poor English speaker tries his best to understand you. He is limited in explaining to you. He pauses many times to try to think how he will convey his message to you. He will say i erm erm..sorry I don't know the English word for it. Then comes your letters. 100% all written in German. This are important letters. With some times urgent information. Someone got a letter from the doctor to take some drugs and to go for a life saving procedure. Everything in the letter was in German. Google translator very limited. Ended up in Emmergency room. Doctors says in his poor and limited English why didn't you do what we wrote? Patient says NO I couldn't understand it. The nurse and hospital were supposed to explain but couldn't because they don't know how to pass the message to you. They can't speak English.
You want to ask a passerby, please how do I get to so and so place? Do I turn left or am I to go right. People keep passing no understands you. Germans are unbelievably nice they always ALWAYS want to help or assist you. But you limit them because they don't understand what you are saying. Believe me the last place you should get lost is in Germany before you will find your way eh! God help you.
The emphasis has always being on learning the language to get Jobs. I am not talking about that. I am talking daily everyday life. At my Auslander office NO ONE speaks English to you. You must go with a translator or speak the Language. You know they are the key to your stay here.
You need to call some offices to get vital info or to make an appointment, the reciever cannot understand you. You then decide to visit the office, the receptionist doesnt understand you. They help you look for a colleague of theirs who could understand. Then you ask please can you speak English, the person says a little bit. Explanation begins, you get limited in explaining, the person gets limited in understanding because they cannot understand you fully.
When I first came here I used to shop, get to the cashier, they tell me the amount and I drop all the money in the wallet on the table grin. They select their own and give me the rest. Thank God they are honest. Sometimes I think ah! this must be food, you buy it and its NOT undecided
The person next to you wants to discuss with you, and they are smiling at you to gist with you but you cant understand lipsrsealed and sadly you tell them: Ich spreche kein Deutch Bitte. undecided
This is the little I can explain but please please and please again do not come here without learning the Language please. You may ask me why I didn't. 3 reasons: I was occupied with work but I should have taken a Leave to learn for atleast a month. secondly I never envisaged it was gonna be spoken by everyone everywhere here and all the time, every blessed day. Thirdly I have a compulsory course in my school for Deutsch Language from A1 to the end for a full year. Then I thought no need . I am learning but it takes time. You cant start speaking immediately. Many schools do ont have this offer. And then you have to pay for it. I tell you it is expensive. The 36k charged in Goethe is worth it.
And please don't come here to tell me its because of where you live because I have been in 3 of the 16 states of Germany and its the same experience.
Okay sorry I am typing in a hurry. Lastly avoid with all your might Nigerian non students especially assylum seekers. They are like the devil to steal and to destroy
You must be domiciled in a village then... cheesy grin cheesy
Good points nonetheless...even to toast geh sef, you need Deutsche. Kai, the Language can be and has been limiting.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 4:59am On Dec 21, 2015
Williamso:

Must've been a very bad experience for you... I am truly sorry, but I will partially disagree with you on some parts.

Thank God I got a map of my city and the Fahrplan the day I got here, so getting lost has been very minimal, and when I did have enquiries, all the helpdesks I went to had at least 1 English speaker! Besides, I have always asked someone beside me for the meaning of an announcement, and if they didn't understand me, I would simply ask the next. The young people are more likely to understand English than the elderly.

Unblocking my account was easy as telling the banker "I want to unblock my student account", maybe it's luck, but he understood perfectly.

Well, again, maybe I was fortunate to make friends with my neighbours who help me with translations. However, my letters are not 100% Deutsch, more like 60-70%. And I agree with you that Google Translator is scheiße. I also agree with you concerning medicare. The doctors almost always have poor English. However, my only encounter with a doctor (well, dentist actually) was wonderful as the consultant, the receptionist and the interns all spoke good English. Again, maybe I was lucky.

When I called my Ausländer office to book an appointment for registration/extension, I simply said "Guten Tag. Entchuldigung, ich hätte gerne einen termin für anmeldung, aber mein Deutsch ist sehr schlecht. Sprechen Sie Englisch?" and he immediately switched to English and that was it. Again situations like these are what made me say it is city dependent.

This is spot on! I had a very very bitter experience with vodafone because of this!

Well, I always looked at the screen as the numbers are adding up then pay before I learned to count in German.

Well, when I came here, I knew little more than "Guten Morgen, guten tag and guten abend", and it has been terrible at times, but not as terrible as you have painted it here. That being said, Deutschkurs in my school is free and part of the program. I still wish I had learned it before coming, and would advise anybody coming here to do so.
And you have been to 3 out of 16 states, not bad, but as long as you have not been to Kiel, then you can't speak for me! Heck, even the trains in Hamburg give announcements in German and English!

Hahahaha!!! Truth!
99 percent of the time those announcements are in Deutsche! wink

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 5:02am On Dec 21, 2015
cahnellven:
I live in Munich and I dare say German is only important for economic reasons (like getting a job)
I've not met a munchner that can't speak English, and their English is pretty good too.
At the foreigners office, you'll be asked if you speak English or German. Almost all, the docs here can speak English . Train signs and announcements are translated into English.

Maybe my experience, but as Williamso rightly pointed out, it depends on the city

Learning the language is important, but life can still be relatively easy without it in the big cities
What else would make life relatively easier if you can get a job and not a jab?
The former requires Deutsche, while the latter manpower
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 5:06am On Dec 21, 2015
jaegermesiter:
Thanks @crowns2 for your Constructive criticism.....well I never expected to find engllish everywhere in germany,and just as much as those bl**dy,racist,manipulative indians and chinese are in germany and surviving,why won't a naija survive.....We get ur message loud and clear,Familarise ursef as much as possible with german..alles gut und tausend danks
Azzin, na so I provoke one day shout for one of them for my class ehn...small thing remain we for set blow...
Yeye pipo. I don't take nonsense from any single one of them anymore now..
If dem do anyhow, dem go see anyhow.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 5:08am On Dec 21, 2015
Eke40seven:

You failed to add that when you go to the shopping mall, you stand there for hours praying you don't buy urine in place of ororo, or liquid detergent thinking its body soap.... And for the love of God, you hardly come by a product with English translations. Yeah! I understand thses things limits you.
You miss a lot of opportunities because of the language, i could have gotten an accommodation for free (in place of some little services) but couldn't get it because of the language barrier, ( a room in a flatshare here in nothing less than 400-500 euros by the way if you are lucky) landlords are choosy based on langauge, etc
Yeah! Staying in Munich can save you a lot of stress, its what they call "multi kulti" they almost all understand and speak English although they will always tell you "Nein/ja, ein bisschien" but same cannot be said of the outskirts, in fact their bavarian accents are so hard, it break stones. Although people here are EXTREMELY nice and helpful.
I have been to Bremen, Hamburg, Leipzig, Berlin, Oldenburg, Bamberg, Hannover, etc all recently, may be in some i spent only a few hours, and i can fully relate what victz and crowns2 are saying.
For prospective applicants, please learn as much as you can, you don't know where you might find yourself, even in places where English is widely spoken, its absolutely important you can speak or understand what is being spoken.
Oga, only you? Tchai!!! Eke the TRAVELER!!!
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 5:13am On Dec 21, 2015
styles2009:
I stressed the language part for sometime here but some would come with their theory of English city bla bla bla, i dey laugh in pidgin.

My point even: Surly, you would get through your course of study in English but don't forget ,when you are searching for a Job in Germany, the language aspect would play a very big role and that's,where the cards start to fall.
Don't forget there's a huge competition out there. undecided
Cheers!
Azzzzzzzin...No be lie...The reggae don dey play for my ears already. People don tell me taya...say learning the language is as important, even more, as (than) getting below a 2.0. Both which companies require from you. Well, I no no how to combine language learning with bookwork. I used to, but I don lose ginger as time no dey dey. I hope to reginger next semester tho...when the bookstress go don reduce.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 5:15am On Dec 21, 2015
Slyphax:
I asked a question and everyone turned a blind eye and we are busy conversing about how important it is to learn your receiving country's language. Its the same as asking if its OK for one to eat. Be it for integration and economical reasons its imperative you learn the language,its not optional...Its even easy with the Duolingo app...
Again I asked a question about the 100L transcript for undergraduate admission that I had a a GPA of 2.77 but with two carryovers. Is that good enough and when can i start applying for winter semester admissions 2016
Duolingo ke? That wan na intensive learning? I laugh in Spanish.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 5:18am On Dec 21, 2015
benycent:

Bros we are pushing it....you can only add me on whatsapp +491520399172, I am not currently in Germany
Zweite Masters? Das ist interessant!
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 5:23am On Dec 21, 2015
kciano:

I can't forget u my man ..I still get ur nunber ..check ur whatsapp messages now ..I will anser u
Bros, how is Magdeburg naaa? how the City be? Are the peepole friendly? How studies na?? How the course-work, Is it what you expected? Is it easier than 9ja? More difficult? How you dey cope with Language Sometimes I say to myself why I didnt swap Magdeburg for Hamburg. I dunno if I made the right call.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ohakskid: 6:10am On Dec 21, 2015
@eke40seven, pls how can I view the message sumone sent to me. Weneva I chck my email all see is a notification message. Assist me broda.
Eke40seven:
I don catch this one, Beebee5000. I don open your yansh...
I was there for like 2-3-4 hours. I go chop, visit city centre, ask questions for directions, and follow the friend wey drive me visit a friend for a short while... See em head. I dey wait you for Munich for Christmas o.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by willy2000(m): 7:39am On Dec 21, 2015
Obiwannn:
Azzin, na so I provoke one day shout for one of them for my class ehn...small thing remain we for set blow...
Yeye pipo. I don't take nonsense from any single one of them anymore now..
If dem do anyhow, dem go see anyhow.

Hehehehe i think say na only me. The ones wey dey my class can be so annoying, to the extent that they started making jest of me for learning the language, presumably they felt intimidated by that but me i no send ohh.
When i told one of them to explain some data streams technique, he just bluffed and told me its similar to data base management. I just mind my business jelely go meet prof for more explanations.
Then when I said i knew some machine learning algorithm because i did some basic AI during my bachelors, I became a laughing stock, like who learns AI and doesn't know database management.

Me i know send anybody again ohh. na only me waka come here.......lol

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Williamso(m): 8:13am On Dec 21, 2015
ohakskid:
@eke40seven, pls how can I view the message sumone sent to me. Weneva I chck my email all see is a notification message. Assist me broda.
You could just try replying the message...
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by striker9(m): 9:15am On Dec 21, 2015
Obiwannn:
lol....
Ogami' your qualifications gats dey super duper tight else no german company go reason you (and your Nigerian degree). Even Nigerians wey dey Germany with their German degree never get work, you wan miracolously get the work from 9ja ba? Anyways anything is possible, just believe. I love your faith tho.
Thank you bro..Well its worth giving a try and pls do you reside in Germany?if yes, kindly share your experience .
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by femo86(m): 9:29am On Dec 21, 2015
Submitted my account opening form today....2 copies of the required docs with 4300 naira...

One step @ a time. #teamSUMMER 16

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ichommy(m): 10:41am On Dec 21, 2015
I Hope this help, Am back to this Thread Full-Time. wink

22 Most Asked Questions About Studying in Germany

1. Why choose Germany to study in as a foreign student?

Well, for starters, you’ll get first-class education (German universities are among the highest ranking in the world – right below a few of the American Ivy League and prestigious British universities) and a formal degree to show for it, that is recognized all over the world.

On top of that, the guiding principle of the German higher education being ‘The Unity of Teaching and Research’ (also the cornerstone of what is referred to as the ‘dual education system’), there is strong emphasis on ‘apprenticeship’ and hands-on involvement on the part of the student, in both the practical application of a large part of what gets learned theoretically and in researching novel ways of problem-solving (at many universities and ‘Fachhochschulen’ access to cutting-edge research facilities is available).

Finally, Germany is an important country and culture, so every international student stands to benefit greatly from familiarity with it (to say nothing of the ton of fun they are certain to have in the process).
2. What exactly is ‘Studienkolleg’?

It is a one-year preparatory course which has to be joined by individual candidates who wish to study at a German higher education institution but whose school leaving diploma is deemed insufficient to apply for a degree program.

The course covers full-time education in the subjects of a degree program as well as the German language, for five days a week. A passing score on the final Assessment Examination qualifies you to apply for a degree program that is suitable for you at any German university.
3. Can I study in Germany in English language?

Yes. There’s plenty of International Degree Courses taught in English (in the first semesters, at any rate) for students whose command of the German language isn’t sufficiently good to warrant their studying be done entirely in German. Both before and during the program there are German language courses offered. A large number of postgraduate courses (Master’s and Ph.D.) are designed and taught entirely in English.

Go to https://www.daad.de/deutschland/studienangebote/international-programs/de/ and select “English” from the field “Course Language” to find all programs in English!
4. What exactly are the International Degree Courses?

International Degree Courses have been introduced by institutions of higher education in Germany with the express aim of facilitating the process whereby international student applicants realize their educational objectives in Germany. The medium of instruction is primarily English, with gradually increasing usage of German.

These courses, which have been designed to high academic standards and are available to not only international but German students as well, cover both undergraduate (6 to 8 semesters resulting with a Bachelors degree) and postgraduate (3 to 5 semesters resulting with a Masters degree – in some courses, 6 additional semesters lead to a Ph.D.) studies.
5. Is it mandatory for international students to have passed TOEFL or IELTS in order to enroll on a study program that is taught entirely in English?

Yes, as a general rule, you need TOEFL or IELTS in order to apply for a program that is entirely taught in English at a German university. If, however, you’re applying for a postgraduate program and already hold a Bachelors degree with English as the language of instruction, you do not need TOEFL or IELTS; it goes without saying: no need for TOEFL or IELTS if you’re a native speaker of English.
6. What are the “Fachhochschulen,” and in what way are they different from a University?

Let’s first mention what they have in common: they both lead to Bachelors and Masters degrees (or their equivalents in Germany). However, ‘Fachhochschulen’ do not award Ph.D. titles; in order to earn a Ph.D. a postgraduate course at a university has to be attended.

Universities of Applied Sciences (a.k.a. ‘Fachhochschulen’) are so conceived as to maximize the practical utilization of theoretical knowledge; they are suitable for candidates who have no intention of pursuing academic careers, but are rather interested in the acquisition of as much practical experience as possible. Hence, the vast majority of degree programs taught in them are in the fields of engineering and hard sciences; programs in business administration get taught at ‘Fachhochschulen’ too, but to a lesser extent, whereas courses in humanities and social sciences are rarely offered.
7. Is there free access to computer facilities and libraries at German universities?

As a general rule, all higher education institutions in Germany provide Internet access and set up email accounts for their students. In addition to that, they have libraries and archives that are very well stocked and that supply many of the titles that are mandatory reading for students so they don’t have to buy a lot of the reading material for their study courses.
8. Are there any age limits to apply for postgraduate study programs (Masters and Ph.D.) in Germany?

No, there are no limitations set on age.
9. Are there deadlines for direct enrollment?

The entrance application must be submitted by January 15 each year for the summer semester (beginning on April 1) and by July 15 for the winter semester (beginning on October 1). Students from outside Germany now have the opportunity to apply to several universities with only one set of documents through the Application Services for International Students (assist). assist will check that all necessary documents have been included and that they meet the necessary formal requirements, and will then forward them on to the respective universities.
10. Who does the assessment and recognition of foreign earned degrees in Germany?

As a general rule, the assessment of degrees and academic credits for admission purposes is the responsibility of universities. In assessing foreign higher education qualifications and degrees, the Central Office for Foreign Education (ZAB) of the Conference of German Ministers of Education and Cultural Affairs (KMK) assists with provision of recommendations that are country-specific.
Pursuant to ‘The Assessment and Recognition of Foreign Professional Qualifications Act of 2012,’ the certification authorities of the federal state of residence (or the state in which he/she intends to reside) of the applicant are responsible for the recognition of foreign higher education and degrees earned for the purpose of enrolling on an advanced study program.
11. What tuition fees do higher education institutions charge in Germany?

Even in the last few years tuition fees were pretty much a non-issue in German higher education since they were ridiculously low compared to other developed countries. Also only two out of the 16 federal states (Bavaria and Lower Saxony) used to allow their higher education institutions to charge tuition fees – and when they did, they charged up to €500 per semester. As of October 2014, Germany decided to waive tuition fees in all of the provinces making higher education literally free of charge.

Postgraduate courses (Master’s and Ph.D.) however, are liable for some extra costs, varying between €650 and a few thousand Euros per semester; it is advised that prospective foreign postgraduate students do their due diligence.
12. Do I need a lot of money to finance my stay in Germany?

The fact that there are no tuition fees mustn’t lead you jump to the conclusion that studying in Germany will be cheap. Yes, there are creative and commonsensical ways to significantly reduce your overall cost of life there, but first and foremost you need to realistically assess the resources at your disposal – take good stock of yourself financially. Don’t delude yourself thinking that working part time while studying in Germany, will take care of all your financial worries, as that’s highly unlikely to be the case – your student visa and residence permit entitle you to 120 full (or 240 half) days of work only. A scholarship and/or support by a sponsor (parent, relative, etc) may be necessary, in which case the sponsor has to explicitly state their intention of supporting you.

For more information please read: The Cost of Living as an International Student in Germany!
13. What are good places, other than universities, to apply for a scholarship if I want to study in Germany?

A good place to start out is the German Research Foundation http://www.dfg.de/en/index.html
Also, German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) https://www.daad.de/deutschland/stipendium/datenbank/en/12359-finding-scholarships/

Apart from offering scholarship programs they also give advice on almost everything related to studying in Germany.

You can find more information here!
14. Will I be allowed to work while studying in Germany?

A foreign (not a citizen of an EU or EEA member country – with the exception of Bulgaria and Romania which face restrictions until 2014) student studying full-time in Germany is legally allowed to work a maximum of 120 full (or 240 half) days within a year, without having to obtain a permission from German employment authorities.

The legally allowed number of working days (half days) for foreign students also includes voluntary work placements, regardless of whether the placement is paid or unpaid. Also, foreign students face an additional restriction: while working the legally allowed number of days (or half days), they cannot be self-employed or work on a freelance basis. You can find more information here!
15. Can my spouse/husband who will accompany me in Germany work too?

Spouses/Husbands accompanying foreign students may, under certain conditions, be permitted to work. If you are planning on having your husband or wife accompany you during your studies in Germany and hope they’ll be allowed to work, they must fully disclose their intention to work when applying for the visa.
16. Will I be liable to pay taxes in Germany?

It is the amount of money you’ve earned working as well as the duration of your stay in Germany, that determine whether you have to pay taxes or not. You are exempt from having to pay taxes if your stay in Germany doesn’t exceed six months and/or if you haven’t made more than €450 per month (considered to be income from a so-called ‘mini-job’ and therefore tax and pension contribution exempt) working in Germany.
If your annual gross income is less than €8,130 you will get all the taxes you paid refunded back to you at the end of the year when you file your tax return with tax authorities.
17. Do I have to open a German bank account?

It would be recommendable to open a German bank account because if you are going to rent a flat or if you are going to apply for an insurance you have to provide the bank details so that they would be able to debit the money because it is not possible to pay it cash. If you have a credit card of course you can also use it but cash cards are more common.
18. Can I bring my spouse and children to Germany while I am studying over there?

If you have a residence permit in Germany and if the duration of your stay is expected to be longer than one year, than family reunification is possible. However, in order for them to join you in Germany, you have to be able to support them without burdening social assistance in any way.
19. Do I need a student visa to study in Germany?

That depends on what your nationality is; citizens of EU or EEA member countries do not need a visa – only a valid ID card (once they settle and find a place to live in, they only have to register with the local authorities at the city they’ll be studying in – the ‘Einwohnermeldeamt’ – get the certificate confirming they have the right to reside in Germany, and they’re good to go).

Even if you’re a national of a country the passport-holders of which don’t need a visa to enter Germany and stay for up to 90 days, you have to exit the country after 90 days just as anyone who has entered on a Schengen visa has to, unless you are a citizen of a small number of countries (Andorra, Australia, Brazil, El Salvador, Honduras, Israel, Japan, Canada, Monaco, New Zealand, San Marino, South Korea and the United States of America) who can apply for a residence permit within three months of entry.

(For information pertaining to your nationality check http://www.auswaertiges-amt.de/EN/EinreiseUndAufenthalt/StaatenlisteVisumpflicht_node.html)

So, if you’re not a national of an EU or EEA member country (or of any of the above-mentioned countries the citizens of which can apply for a residence permit while still in Germany) than you need to be issued a national type visa before leaving for Germany if your intention is to stay there for longer than three months.

You apply for a student visa well in advance of planned departure for Germany at the German embassy or consulate general in your country.
20. What documents do I need when I apply for a student visa?

You have to inquire at the German embassy or consulate general in your country in order to be certain; usually the following documents need to be submitted:

proof of your previous studies (and a higher education entrance qualification recognized in Germany),
proof of admission from your university (or confirmation that you are soon to receive a letter of admission),
proof of your health insurance coverage,
proof of possessing sufficient financial resources (income or assets of roughly €8000 per year) and
proof of your language skills in German (or plans to attend a language course while in Germany).

21. If I have proof of admission from a German university providing full scholarship, is it necessary that I produce other financial proof in order to obtain the student visa?

As a general rule, a full scholarship is sufficient financial proof in order to apply for a visa; whether the embassy requires additional proof or not, depends on your country of nationality.

22. If my study program will be taught entirely in English, is it still necessary for me – in order to be issued a visa – to produce proof of sufficient German language skills?

No, if the exclusive language of instruction will be English you don’t need to know the German language; however, a little knowledge of German will take you a long way in your everyday life as a student.

mawista.c.om

6 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by dolpaz: 10:51am On Dec 21, 2015
willy2000:

dude face your front.... I was only stating the obvious. You don't say you visited a town if you actually didn't tour or do some sight seeing.

i dey my room for xmas ohh but if you wire me small change or send me ticket i fit come follow you jolly xmas ......

I dey front already bro..he actually did some touring... lolz. You know say Eke na Ajala travel all over the world..

How's life and how Bamberg??

Talk with you at the other end.
Stay safe bro.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by cahnellven: 10:58am On Dec 21, 2015
Obiwannn:

What else would make life relatively easier if you can get a job and not a jab?
The former requires Deutsche, while the latter manpower

cool cool cool
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by LeoCruz: 11:12am On Dec 21, 2015
Goodmorning house. I just got admitted to study IT ENGINEERING at WEDEL. Meanwhile is an old private uni, with a reasonable tuition fee. The course in question is just started this winter with it's first intake. and the course is still expecting it's full accreditation, of which I have mailed them to know Wats up on that. Now my question is this ,
1) Do I have to pay the full three semester tuition before going to embassy. knowing that my school asked me to pay only one semester fee.
2) will this accreditation thing affect my visa processing.
pleasevguys I need ur advice. mean while am still expecting results from other schools like Bremen, UAS KIEL AND BAMBERG..
Wedel gave me tell weeks to pay 150 Euros Bering my application fee, inorder to keep my semi
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by LeoCruz: 11:15am On Dec 21, 2015
Goodmorning house. I just got admitted to study IT ENGINEERING at WEDEL. Meanwhile is an old private uni, with a reasonable tuition fee. The course in question is just started this winter with it's first intake. and the course is still expecting it's full accreditation, of which I have mailed them to know Wats up on that. Now my question is this ,
1) Do I have to pay the full three semester tuition before going to embassy. knowing that my school asked me to pay only one semester fee.
pleasevguys I need ur advice. mean while am still expecting results from other schools like Bremen, UAS KIEL AND BAMBERG..
Wedel gave me two weeks to pay my application fee, inorder to keep my admission
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by stevemims(m): 11:19am On Dec 21, 2015
femo86:
Submitted my account opening form today....2 copies of the required docs with 4300 naira...

One step @ a time. #teamSUMMER 16
Boss! I sent you a pm yesterday... Do reply abeg
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Eke40seven(m): 11:28am On Dec 21, 2015
LeoCruz:
1. As far as i know, the payment wahala is only between you and your school, its not the embassy's business.
2. Even some courses in many top schools have not gone completely through some of these "accreditation" process in question. Again, its not an issue at all.
My opinion though.
Obiwannn:

You must be domiciled in a village then... cheesy grin cheesy
Good points nonetheless...even to toast geh sef, you need Deutsche. Kai, the Language can be and has been limiting.
No be village matter o.. Dem get one person wey one do extension for bremen, dem tell am boldly make she go bring interpreter as nobody in there that particular day was willing to speak English.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 11:50am On Dec 21, 2015
Eke40seven:

1. As far as i know, the payment wahala is only between you and your school, its not the embassy's business.
2. Even some courses in many top schools have not gone completely through some of these "accreditation" process in question. Again, its not an issue at all.
My opinion though. No be village matter o.. Dem get one person wey one do extension for bremen, dem tell am boldly make she go bring interpreter as nobody in there that particular day was willing to speak English.
I'd have no other option but to call this Racism...

willy2000:

Hehehehe i think say na only me. The ones wey dey my class can be so annoying, to the extent that they started making jest of me for learning the language, presumably they felt intimidated by that but me i no send ohh.
When i told one of them to explain some data streams technique, he just bluffed and told me its similar to data base management. I just mind my business jelely go meet prof for more explanations.
Then when I said i knew some machine learning algorithm because i did some basic AI during my bachelors, I became a laughing stock, like who learns AI and doesn't know database management.
Me i know send anybody again ohh. na only me waka come here.......lol
lol...They can be so proud and annoying ehn.. The thing is that they feel blacks 1) dont know anything 2) are suffering, when actually if we received the kinda education they received in their country, we'd be way smarter plus in reality dem even suffer pass us. Many of my Ogas don tell me not to take nonsense from them anymore... As Germans no dey send them, the only opportunity them get na to use you take shine, something they'd gladly do if u give them chance.

striker9:
Thank you bro..Well its worth giving a try and pls do you reside in Germany?if yes, kindly share your experience .
Oga mi' forget all wetin you dey see online. Getting a job is first very competitive for blacks residing in the Country with the country's certificate, e come be you wey dey come from outside with a foreign often looked-down upon degree. Also the Course of study matters. That's why I tell friends who are in IT not to hesitate in deciding whether to come here or not, as this is the place where I believe there are more available IT jobs than applicants. The only limiting factor again is the German language, something I am still trying to come to terms with.
If you are interested in skilled immigration then cast your net towards countries offering the program like Australia, heard Canada and Denmark, but not so sure. Even boys for here dey run this same program.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kilo4sure: 12:36pm On Dec 21, 2015
Obiwannn:

Bros, how is Magdeburg naaa? how the City be? Are the peepole friendly? How studies na?? How the course-work, Is it what you expected? Is it easier than 9ja? More difficult? How you dey cope with Language Sometimes I say to myself why I didnt swap Magdeburg for Hamburg. I dunno if I made the right call.
Why do you say so bro? Please kindly share your reasons.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by willy2000(m): 12:43pm On Dec 21, 2015
LeoCruz:

which course did you apply for in Bamberg?

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by willy2000(m): 12:51pm On Dec 21, 2015
Obiwannn:

They can be so proud and annoying ehn.. The thing is that they feel blacks 1) dont know anything 2) are suffering, [i]when actually if we received the kinda education they received in their country, we'd be way smarter plus in reality [/i]dem even suffer pass us. Many of my Ogas don tell me not to take nonsense from them anymore... As Germans no dey send them, the only opportunity them get na to use you take shine, something they'd gladly do if u give them chance.

The ones in my class na olodo dem be.... Desperate and hungry. Imagine, one of them asking me what are my plans after study, i just form big guy tell am say i dey go back Naija to develop my country, immediately the other one looked at me like a fool. I just ignored him.

There was this certain day they wanted to know me better and were asking me personal questions, like what was my final bachelors grade converted to German scale and my IETLS score and so on.... They felt deflated after everything, because i was miles apart from them.

The smallest one now asked me, why did i apply to Bamberg when I can attend bigger Uni, i just look am like mumu, its just so unfortunate that they are the only course mates i have. I for bone dem anyhow.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by LeoCruz: 1:39pm On Dec 21, 2015
willy2000:

which course did you apply for in Bamberg?
international software system science
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ohakskid: 1:46pm On Dec 21, 2015
Williamso:

You could just try replying the message...
all I see is a notication message
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ohakskid: 2:30pm On Dec 21, 2015
How can one apply 4 the skilled job in other countries?
Obiwannn:

lol...They can be so proud and annoying ehn.. The thing is that they feel blacks 1) dont know anything 2) are suffering, when actually if we received the kinda education they received in their country, we'd be way smarter plus in reality dem even suffer pass us. Many of my Ogas don tell me not to take nonsense from them anymore... As Germans no dey send them, the only opportunity them get na to use you take shine, something they'd gladly do if u give them chance.

Oga mi' forget all wetin you dey see online. Getting a job is first very competitive for blacks residing in the Country with the country's certificate, e come be you wey dey come from outside with a foreign often looked-down upon degree. Also the Course of study matters. That's why I tell friends who are in IT not to hesitate in deciding whether to come here or not, as this is the place where I believe there are more available IT jobs than applicants. The only limiting factor again is the German language, something I am still trying to come to terms with.
If you are interested in skilled immigration then cast your net towards countries offering the program like Australia, heard Canada and Denmark, but not so sure. Even boys for here dey run this same program.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by striker9(m): 2:42pm On Dec 21, 2015
Obiwannn:

Thank u bro,I appreciate the time you took to explain things out..
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by nevilbot: 2:58pm On Dec 21, 2015
All these arguments abt language is just funny and unnecesarry. Someone even claimed some letters come in english and i just laffed.

I av bin in germany 1yr 2months now and i av neva recieved a letter in english not once not ever. Even frankfurt messe that is an international company and wia i dont need german to do d job cus i dont get to speak during work hours still stoped me from working cus of german. The only place d train annouces in english is frankfurt stadium, frankfurt airport, frankfurt main station and d european central bank despite frankfurt bin an international city.

Im now taking german classes a1.1 and dat level alone cost me 350€

So we should stop saying surviving without d language is easy. Even police will chance u to support dia citizen who speaks to dem in german cus dey know u dont get wat is bin said.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) ... (469)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 145
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.