Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,988 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 11:55 PM

FG Reduces Price Of Petrol To 87 Naira Per Litre - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Reduces Price Of Petrol To 87 Naira Per Litre (73961 Views)

A Litre Of Petrol Now Sells Below N145 In Some Stations — Vanguard / Multichoice Considers Tough Times, Reduces Price Of Offerings For Subscribers / Petrol Price Is Now 74 Naira Per Litre? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Reduces Price Of Petrol To 87 Naira Per Litre by Truckpusher(m): 12:29am On Jan 19, 2015
Kolade354:
Truckpusher pls what is happening to jonathan promised bus............Memory Lane. When he increased fuel price from #65 to #97 approximately #100 he promised us 1200 buses to be distributed to each state to cushion the effect of hike in fuel price but up till now I never see one single bus for my state.........Truck pusher are the bus still on the sea or what.
And you didn't know that the same money that was saved was used for the sure-p programs and youwin?

Until you pay for your fuel 100% you will still be exploited by the government.
Re: FG Reduces Price Of Petrol To 87 Naira Per Litre by perculiarperson: 12:30am On Jan 19, 2015
DaBullIT:
[size=18pt]There's nothing great about this news, first because it's long over due

secondly , 10 fourking naira ? ? ? WTF ... BARREL of OIL is less than half the price it used to be , I expected the pump price to be reduced by at least 40 naira

Finally, last minute reduction in fuel price just as the election draws closer ? ?

Heck No GEJ , I ain't voting for ya , sorry dude [/size]

There is no direct correlation. The price is also dictated by global economic growth and the forces of demand and supply of crude. Bear in mind that the price of importation of PMS has to be factored in with other costs such as storage, etc..

Currently, there is a downward trend in global economic growth and there is excess supply of crude oil.

Thank you.
Re: FG Reduces Price Of Petrol To 87 Naira Per Litre by Firefire(m): 12:31am On Jan 19, 2015
Kolade354:
I know deep inside you,you know Jonathan has failed. He is addressing our pain with #10 difference right?

Failure is a relative word my brother, you are only able to judge GEJ because he made available to you basis of judgement.

Jonathan signed the FOI bill into law thereby opening his government to scrutiny and castigation that would propel him to do more. He did that in good faith.

Have you asked yourself why the people who are claiming Progressive and singing CHANGE never considered opening their books, disclosing their operations for scrutiny and refusing to domesticate the FOI bill in their respective state?

Believe me sincerely speaking if you are privy to the APC states mode of management, you will surely be the first to cast your stone against those criminals and wolves in sheep clothing.

Dr. Goodluck Jonathan remains the BEST that can happen to Nigeria at the moment.

Alafia Oluwa Ki oma ba yin gbe. Amin!

Firefire!

3 Likes

Re: FG Reduces Price Of Petrol To 87 Naira Per Litre by Kolade354(m): 12:35am On Jan 19, 2015
Truckpusher:
And you didn't know that the same money that was saved was used for the sure-p programs and youwin?

Until you pay for your fuel 100% you will still be exploited by the government.
am asking A you are giving me z how does sure p or you win corellate with the bus he promised us.
Re: FG Reduces Price Of Petrol To 87 Naira Per Litre by kilimanjaro(m): 12:36am On Jan 19, 2015
imeller:
Buying 4 drums tomorrow.

You want to set your house and family ablaze because of N10 that will not make any obvious difference in your life? May God deliver you.
Re: FG Reduces Price Of Petrol To 87 Naira Per Litre by MichaelSokoto(m): 12:37am On Jan 19, 2015
Firefire:

MichaelSokoto,

Why not give Jonathan kudos for making you think that your vote NOW count ?

Or have you forgotten so soon Nigerians previous mentality of your vote does not count?

Dr. Goodluck Jonathan has sanitized our electoral process.

Now your Vote Count! cool

Thank you again, the man of the moment - GEJ
Ok, oga GEJ/JEGA, thank u 4 election sanity buh 4 feBUHARI 14? mba 4 u
Jez pack all ya bag ready down angry

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Reduces Price Of Petrol To 87 Naira Per Litre by Firefire(m): 12:38am On Jan 19, 2015
MichaelSokoto:

Ok, oga GEJ/JEGA, thank u 4 election sanity buh 4 feBUHARI 14? mba 4 u
Jez pack all ya bag ready down angry

grin I see...

1 Like

Re: FG Reduces Price Of Petrol To 87 Naira Per Litre by gbodimowo(m): 12:40am On Jan 19, 2015
Justbright:
this won't still stop gej from returning to otuoke come may 30th by latest....he thinks say Nigerians Na mumun abi?since wen did oil price drop for international market.....gej will hear it come febuhari 14

1 Like

Re: FG Reduces Price Of Petrol To 87 Naira Per Litre by tuncy(m): 12:41am On Jan 19, 2015
Ignorant PDP/GEJite be like YES, good strategy to campaign...

Have you noticed these guys(GEJITE) are dumb and don't read?

"At a crude oil price of $47/barrel, import price (cost and freight) of petrol is N64.41/litre (exchange rate of N171.36 advised by PPPRA) and landing cost is N74.41 (inclusive of N1.28 trader's margin). This is lower than the ex-depot price of N81.51 (the difference between the landing cost and the ex-depot price is paid as subsidy). If you add bridging of N5.85, retailer's margin of N4.60 and transporter's margin of N2.99, the total cost is N87.85. Technically, there is no more subsidy on petrol. Analysts predict a fall below $40 before end of Q1. Will our government further reduce the pump price in line with the fall in crude oil price?"

5 Likes

Re: FG Reduces Price Of Petrol To 87 Naira Per Litre by lurex2rhyme(m): 12:41am On Jan 19, 2015
kilokeys:
mtcheew

too late..

its gonna fall to 40 naira

and it wouldn't still make sense if pple don't have jobs.

i fvcking hate the sensationalism and activities happening at this time

imagine Jonathan playing with kids
Buhari wearing ibo clothes
some governors famzing with roasted plantain sellers

lemme go and sleep joor

sometimes i am happier in my dreams.. what a country
i feel ur pains man dose guyz call politicians r jokin wit our integlect. bt hope sure has a warrior
Re: FG Reduces Price Of Petrol To 87 Naira Per Litre by MichaelSokoto(m): 12:43am On Jan 19, 2015
Firefire:

grin I see...
Dat's how 85% of Nigerians gonna roll oo!
Jona fit chop d remainin gullible 15%, oh yes, 15 PERCENT only! grin
Re: FG Reduces Price Of Petrol To 87 Naira Per Litre by gbodimowo(m): 12:44am On Jan 19, 2015
DaBullIT:
[size=18pt]There's nothing great about this news, first because it's long over due

secondly , 10 fourking naira ? ? ? WTF ... BARREL of OIL is less than half the price it used to be , I expected the pump price to be reduced by at least 40 naira

Finally, last minute reduction in fuel price just as the election draws closer ? ?

Re: FG Reduces Price Of Petrol To 87 Naira Per Litre by sapientia(m): 12:44am On Jan 19, 2015
DaBullIT:

Like seriously are you ok?
Re: FG Reduces Price Of Petrol To 87 Naira Per Litre by moufan: 12:44am On Jan 19, 2015
who cares? buhari ni joor,gej for otuoke 2015
Re: FG Reduces Price Of Petrol To 87 Naira Per Litre by scribble: 12:45am On Jan 19, 2015
tuncy:

"At a crude oil price of $47/barrel, import price (cost and freight) of petrol is N64.41/litre (exchange rate of N171.36 advised by PPPRA) and landing cost is N74.41 (inclusive of N1.28 trader's margin). This is lower than the ex-depot price of N81.51 (the difference between the landing cost and the ex-depot price is paid as subsidy). If you add bridging of N5.85, retailer's margin of N4.60 and transporter's margin of N2.99, the total cost is N87.85. Technically, there is no more subsidy on petrol. Analysts predict a fall below $40 before end of Q1. Will our government further reduce the pump price in line with the fall in crude oil price?"

No they dont have to. Nigerians can afford petrol. They should take whatever extra they make at the pump and use it to develop Nigeria like they've been doing.

1 Like

Re: FG Reduces Price Of Petrol To 87 Naira Per Litre by Forwetinnah: 12:47am On Jan 19, 2015
When I don fill up all fuel-ables this evening in preparation for the week ahead angry ...chai!!
Re: FG Reduces Price Of Petrol To 87 Naira Per Litre by klarke(m): 12:49am On Jan 19, 2015
Yippee!
GEJ till 2019!!

Re: FG Reduces Price Of Petrol To 87 Naira Per Litre by gbodimowo(m): 12:49am On Jan 19, 2015
tola9ja:
B-1
U-2
H-3
A-4
R-5
I-6
O-7
S-8
I-9
N-10
B-11
A-12
J-13
O-14

MEANS 14 FEBUHARI 2015 IF YOU AGREE CHANGE IS POSSIBLE 2015 TYPE YES

1 Like

Re: FG Reduces Price Of Petrol To 87 Naira Per Litre by MichaelSokoto(m): 12:50am On Jan 19, 2015
tuncy:

Don't mind all of dem, mek dem dey deceive d white bia-bia wey dey under dia armpit.
Jona will still bring d price of pms to #12/Ltr on feBUHARI 12, yet him must lose d election cool

1 Like

Re: FG Reduces Price Of Petrol To 87 Naira Per Litre by gbodimowo(m): 12:52am On Jan 19, 2015
MAYOWAAK:
Listen people, it is a shame that we, citizens of crude exporting country, have always bought petrol at such exorbitant rate because we export crude and import PMS (and other petroleum products) but it is a bigger shame that since the price of crude crashed, Nigeria is just reducing price.

No wahala.

But don't let them use that as a campaign tool. Got nothing to do with elections but everything to do with economics set by global price crash in crude.

We shall buy at 87 or even 27 bucks per litre and still vote out this government come FeBuhari 14th. Datz it!

1 Like

Re: FG Reduces Price Of Petrol To 87 Naira Per Litre by 1stola: 12:53am On Jan 19, 2015
Tonniey:
God Bless you my president. Just knw dat people will still castigate you 4 dis reduction of fuel pump price, bt history will not 4get u as u ve included ur name among d presidents dat brought down d price of fuel.

If God say u gonna make another four years, so be it, bt if not, let's wait and see when d same people who re against ur re-election vote 4 GMB starts singing hosana in ur name after dey would have discovered dat APC doesn't even worth a wolf in sheep's clothing.

APC=Always Producing Clowns

If u want change, u will neva find it in GBM/osibanjo.

Mind u, I don't come back to read people dat quotes me.
What da fúck is wrong with your brain?
You must be a very silly cretin.
Are you kidding me?
Since the beginning of oil discovery, there has never been decrease in the price we sell. Only in this unfortunate man's time and you're here praising this bastard father of yours.
Crude oil price has reduced from about 120 dollars to 55 dollars per barrel globally. That is about 60% reduction.
let me explain simply to a fool like you.
It means that if we buy petrol N100 before, we are supposed to be buying it N40 now!
Tell me how removing N10 from it now a great achievement.
PETROL WAS N65 as at the time he got there. He meanly increased it to N180 when he removed subsidy and after so many protests, he reduced it to N97!
How has he reduced it now? From N65 to N87 abi?
You must be a complete dolt!
How will posterity not forget him
Posterity will NEVER forgive him!
Jonádaft is the most wicked and corrupt bastard president to ever unfortunately rule Nigeria. He is not different from Nebukadnesari in the in the bible.
HE WILL DEFINITELY LOSE THIS NEXT ELECTION take it or leave it.
Satistics made us know that Nigerians are about 50% Muslim and 50% Christians.
In 2011, many Muslims I know voted for GeJ. I would have vote for him too if i was in the country. This time around, Most people will not vote for him coz HE IS A FAILURE and a disappointment. Now, at least 90% Muslims will vote for GMB and I know at least, 15% christains will also vote for him which totals about 60% of all votes for him. Now tell me how this wicked clueless goat will not be sent to his village by may 29, 2015.
You are a very big hopeless PDPíg.

4 Likes

Re: FG Reduces Price Of Petrol To 87 Naira Per Litre by Macelliot(m): 12:57am On Jan 19, 2015
Justbright:
this won't still stop gej from returning to otuoke come may 30th by latest....he thinks say Nigerians Na mumun abi?since wen did oil price drop for international market.....gej will hear it come febuhari 14
Wish u many likes in advance
Re: FG Reduces Price Of Petrol To 87 Naira Per Litre by Macelliot(m): 12:58am On Jan 19, 2015
DaBullIT:

Wish u too many likes in advance

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Reduces Price Of Petrol To 87 Naira Per Litre by tuncy(m): 1:03am On Jan 19, 2015
Erm erm Senior President Dezeani ( according to My Watch )

At landing cost N74( including importers margin ) was there ever subsidy after oil prices decline ?

U think u can fool 170m people at the same time ?

Btw - Kerosene Nko ma..?

U just foolishly exposed the fraud ,no subsidy since oo

Figures,real costs will hit the airwaves tomorrow

This is what desperation does .

2 Likes

Re: FG Reduces Price Of Petrol To 87 Naira Per Litre by Kolade354(m): 1:04am On Jan 19, 2015
scribble:

No they dont have to. Nigerians can afford petrol. They should take whatever extra they make at the pump and use it to develop Nigeria like they've been doing.
you are so dumb........oil price has fall since july 2014(6 month ago) now he is reducing it 20 days to election who is decieving who.
Re: FG Reduces Price Of Petrol To 87 Naira Per Litre by miserflirt: 1:08am On Jan 19, 2015
Chaii Oga Jona wan fool us again ooo diz time e no go work

1 Like

Re: FG Reduces Price Of Petrol To 87 Naira Per Litre by Naijamericana: 1:13am On Jan 19, 2015
Only #10 reduction...

I hope Nigerians don't rejoice at this news...crude oil has been falling since last year by more than 50% and now they reduce fuel price to #87? sad

Nigerians, shine your eyes o! shocked

I live in New Jersey, and we have been enjoying fuel price decrease since last year! grin
Re: FG Reduces Price Of Petrol To 87 Naira Per Litre by ayokellany: 1:21am On Jan 19, 2015
THE EVILS OF JONATHAN EBELE

1. Jonathan Ebele carried out the first ever bomb blast in Nigeria with Henry Okah n blew up the eagle square Abuja during the golden jubilee celebration sending many innocent Nigerians to their early graves

2. Jonathan Ebele clampdown on the Punch Vanguard Daily times the entire newspaper media for exposing all the frauds and corrupt dealing of his government using the Nigeria army to wreck havoc on their papers and offices

3. Jonathan Ebele is the first president to lock out the Speaker from office, assaulted and tear gas the entire National Assembly with the police in the history of democracy

4. Jonathan increased fuel pump price and unleashed the army to kill and maim as many Nigerians as possible just to have his way amidst the violent protest that followed the increase.

5. Jonathan Ebele insulted prominent Yoruba leaders he place Bola Tinubu under house arrest during Ekiti election. He jailed Lai Mohammed for being in the opposition and labelled Obasanjo a garage tout for not supporting his reelection.

6. He sent River state commissioner of police to bring down the River state governor Rotimi Amechi and possibly assassinate him but failed.

7. Jonathan freed Al Mustapha the killer of June 12 presidential election winner MKO Abiola and Kudirat Abiola.

8. Jonathan Ebele pardoned the convicted criminal Diepreye Alamieyeseigha and made him a senator.

9. Jonathan Ebele stopped Emirate airline flight operations from Kano international airport depriving Nigerians millions of jobs

10. Jonathan Ebele successfully assassinated NSA General Azzazi for disclosing that the president political party PDP is boko haram.

11. The opposition chairman John Oyegun narrowly escaped an assassination attempt on his life in Abuja by Jonathan trained assassins has exposed by Obasanjo open letter

12. Jonathan closed down all Nigeria federal universities for an entire year and polytechnics for 10 month completely ruining educational system in Nigeria.

13. Jonathan Ebele stole $20 billion dollars from the federation account and refused to publish the forensic probe that indicted him. This has never happened in the history of Nigeria.

14. Jonathan's wife was caught with stole billions of dollars at the Muritala Mohammed Airport twice by EFCC and till date she has not been prosecuted.

15. Jonathan Ebele killed several banks such as Oceanic and Spring bank with his poor handling of the country's economy with many other multinationals relocating to other West African countries

16. Jonathan jailed a pregnant APC worker tortured and denied her medication which resulted to bleeding and lose of pregnancy

17. Jonathan masterminded the blowing up of APC office in Port Harcourt and followed it up with shooting and butchering of opposition members

18. Jonathan harassed threatened and fired CBN governor Sanusi for exposing the missing $20 billion from the federation account. He seized Sanusi passport and disrupted his coronation for several month forcing the Emir to seek refuge in Kano governor residence.

19. Jonathan engineered violent protest and killing of Nigeria youth corpers during the 2011 presidential election due to wide spread rigging in the North and his cluelessness to provide any sort of security to protect the corpers.

20. Jonathan Ebele defrauded over a million Nigeria youth in immigration scam and killed 20 of them in broad daylight without justice till date.

Buhari did not even do half of all this and several lies propagated by the PDP Nigeria please vote for change from democratic tyranny.

**Pls note I did not include boko haram so that Jonathanians can see there are still several reason not to vote Jonathan without boko haram has that is debatable and should not be politicised even though NSA Gen already confessed PDP is boko haram

4 Likes

Re: FG Reduces Price Of Petrol To 87 Naira Per Litre by rad8(m): 1:23am On Jan 19, 2015
The price of oil reduced to N87....hmmmm, I still don't care cool
Re: FG Reduces Price Of Petrol To 87 Naira Per Litre by betalife(m): 1:23am On Jan 19, 2015
Don't let us flog the issue. When you see someone doing the right thing always appreciate him/her.
In my own opinion I have to congratulate GEJ for the job well done.
If it is the wish of God you will return back for second term and if not God knows He has done his best for the country and he will be rewarded accordingly.
God Bless Nigeria!!!
Re: FG Reduces Price Of Petrol To 87 Naira Per Litre by Motolank: 1:30am On Jan 19, 2015
Justbright:
He did it b4 en it worked...dat mumu
Soooo it can be sold at this price b4?

Time is close that Buhari ll wip him...

2 Likes

Re: FG Reduces Price Of Petrol To 87 Naira Per Litre by eligibility: 1:31am On Jan 19, 2015
Jalal:
Just announced by Petroleum Minister, says takes effect from today midnight sunday 18th Jan.

Source NTA news

Details later!

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/01/petrol-sell-n87litre/

Even if it's #10 per litre , no sane person will vote for GEJ
..GMB is our choice ....

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (19) (Reply)

Photo Of Buhari And Daughter, Hadiza In London Emerges / Anambra Election Results: Soludo In Early Lead, Wins 6 LGA Announced So Far / Military Men Raid Okigwe, Residents Tortured, Several Dead (Disturbing Video, P)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.