Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,744 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:18 PM

Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures - Agriculture (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures (214301 Views)

Tomato Jos: Mira Metha, Harvard Graduate Who Is A Tomato Farmer In Nigeria / Green House Tomato Production / Cassava Production And Processed Products Made From Cassava (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by jethro2: 10:35pm On Jul 12, 2015
alakara:
Jethro kudos to u on dis
Thank you sir
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by enolife(m): 3:33am On Jul 13, 2015
jethro2:
All Thanks belong to God. I replied your mail. You are welcome
Thank you
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by securi: 4:49am On Jul 13, 2015
God bless you for being a blessing to othersn for blessed are the merciful. While some ppl try to exploit others on this forum, you can see how kind hearted ppl like Jethro2 is.
God will increase you in all ramification every seconds of your life, amen.
jethro2:

Hmmmnmn.
Growing N10,000 in agrobiz will be very difficult.
I can understand your plight and would have love be of help.
I don't have money to give you but you can plan to attend our vegetable practical training in September free. That is if the distance will not be a barrier.
The N10,000 may barely be sufficient for your transport.
But if you can find a way to get across and show some little committment, you can half some acres of land to practise, seed to plant, technical support to manage your farm, access to market, accomodation for the next one year, access to all farm equipments that will ease and guide you towards being an agripreneur.
You can send mail to adesola_yinka@yahoo.com or call.
remain bless

1 Like

Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by jethro2: 6:25am On Jul 13, 2015
securi:
God bless you for being a blessing to othersn for blessed are the merciful. While some ppl try to exploit others on this forum, you can see how kind hearted ppl like Jethro2 is.
God will increase you in all ramification every seconds of your life, amen.
Amen and Amen. Thank you sir

1 Like

Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by jethro2: 7:14am On Jul 19, 2015
The tomatoes basket that was sent to market last week

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by jethro2: 7:18am On Jul 19, 2015
The tomatoes growing on the farm

1 Like

Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by securi: 10:13am On Jul 19, 2015
Nice one Sis. Good harvest. How much was 50kg tomato last week and how much is it now?
jethro2:
The tomatoes growing on the farm
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by lormarx: 2:55pm On Jul 19, 2015
[quote author=bosunjohns post=30004738][/quote]well done guys,pls can someone help me out,I want to get involved
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by NobleJones: 4:18pm On Jul 19, 2015
Me and my colleagues enjoying ourselves in the Farm2Market Training @Ago Amodu, Saki East LGA, Oyo State. Its #AgricultureToTheRescueOfNigeria

1 Like

Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by jethro2: 12:37am On Jul 20, 2015
securi:
Nice one Sis. Good harvest. How much was 50kg tomato last week and how much is it now?
Good evening sir.
I am using a 35kg basket called Ghana basket. It Ghanaians that use it to bring tomato into Nigeria.
I have an instinct my Yoruba agent lied about the price last week.
So i shift to Hausa agent this week. Last week he said he sold for N7500.
The other agent sold for N15,000
Henceforth the Yoruba agent gets nothing till further Notice.
Sorry for long story.
The 50kg basket is the one referred to as Hausa basket.
Its usually twice the price of my Ghana basket.
I hope i answer some of your question

1 Like

Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by enolife(m): 5:37am On Jul 20, 2015
jethro2:

Good evening sir.
I am using a 35kg basket called Ghana basket. It Ghanaians that use it to bring tomato into Nigeria.
Sorry for long story.
well done Jethro.
house basket of should be 23000 to 27000 in mile 12 market now. I ask a woman who is buying from zamfara and sell in Lagos, she said the house basket was sold for 'N30,000 in mile12 last two weeks due to scarcity of tomato in the north because of Muslim fasting.
I will send you the woman number so that you can confirm from her. she a yuroba
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by lanre2009: 5:50am On Jul 20, 2015
I sent you a PM, please kindly send me the woman's number too, thanks in advance

enolife:

well done Jethro.
house basket of should be 23000 to 27000 in mile 12 market now. I ask a woman who is buying from zamfara and sell in Lagos, she said the house basket was sold for 'N30,000 in mile12 last two weeks due to scarcity of tomato in the north because of Muslim fasting.
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by securi: 8:15am On Jul 20, 2015
Hmmmmmm, our people and their insincerity. Honestly, l prefer relating to those Hausa folks, seems they are more truthful (my view sa o).
So it means same 35kg that was sold for 7500 last week was sold for 15k this week.
I am looking forward to my first harvest this wknd and l hope the price will still be good now that the sallah is over and activities will resume fully in the North. Pls do you advise l use Ghanian or Hausa basket? I plan to move my harvest down to the east to sell but that depends on the quantity and price difference, I really need all strategy to maximise profit cuz we sufferred some losses due to lack of rain in march/april.
I will appreciate your response.
Thanks for your valuable help @ all times. Am looking forward to working with you.
jethro2:

Good evening sir.
Sorry for long story.
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by securi: 8:22am On Jul 20, 2015
Bros, pls send me the woman's no too o. i will pm you Sir.
Thanks
enolife:

well done Jethro.
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by jethro2: 9:06am On Jul 20, 2015
I am typing this from mile 12. I actually came in to verify reports.
My observation
Price is down today.
plenty Yoruba tomatoes in the market
My 35kg basket sold for N8,000 the technisem tomato.
The Hausa basket of 50kg small long type is N7,000.
Cucumber bag is N3,000
It was that expensive 2 weeks ago
Will be leaving the market very soon.
I would love to have the woman's no.
Thank you
enolife:

well done Jethro.

1 Like

Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by jethro2: 9:29am On Jul 20, 2015
Good morning.
It was the same last week that it was reportedly sold like that.
please visit the market you want to supply to and get the real details.
Tomato prices flunctuates that you will be shocked at the difference in price in the morning afternoon and evening.
its also good to network several markets.
I am glad the number if tomatoes farmers are increasing.
I have been working on some standard market that could fetch one reasonable price all year round.
My constraints has been quality and consistence supply.
I have the link to the standard market but it has to be a collective effort.
1. Good quality : means same seed and same methods of production
2. Consistency in supply: means large no of farmers producing at different time.
Standard market has always been the target Mile 12 is just the stepping stone.
Standard markets buy in kilo. The least is from N400 per kilo. They also buys all year round.
The excess production will be the ones for other open market.
We have the market to break in.
I am experimenting on several types of seed to later choose 3 or 4 varieties based on the quality and some other things.
I pray along with you to meet good market cause that will further motivates one to do more
kudos and welcome sir
You can use any basket that is convenient for you.
I even saw a tomato that was really red in colour. I was told it came from Cameroon.
Imagine that
Please
securi:
Hmmmmmm, our people and their insincerity. Honestly, l prefer relating to those Hausa folks, seems they are more truthful (my view sa o).
So it means same 35kg that was sold for 7500 last week was sold for 15k this week.
I am looking forward to my first harvest this wknd and l hope the price will still be good now that the sallah is over and activities will resume fully in the North. Pls do you advise l use Ghanian or Hausa basket? I plan to move my harvest down to the east to sell but that depends on the quantity and price difference, I really need all strategy to maximise profit cuz we sufferred some losses due to lack of rain in march/april.
I will appreciate your response.
Thanks for your valuable help @ all times. Am looking forward to working with you.
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by enolife(m): 9:42am On Jul 20, 2015
jethro2:
I am typing this from mile 12. I actually came in to verify reports.
My observation
Price is down today.
plenty Yoruba tomatoes in the market
My 35kg basket sold for N8,000 the technisem tomato.
The Hausa basket of 50kg small long type is N7,000.
Cucumber bag is N3,000
It was that expensive 2 weeks ago
Will be leaving the market very soon.
I would love to have the woman's no.
Thank you
ok
please kindly help confirm 100kg bag of onion too

1 Like

Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by securi: 10:22am On Jul 20, 2015
Wa o, such a dynamic market, anyway, let's see how it goes before wknd.I actually knew the price will drop after sallah.
Am in touch with many markets as well, but still exploring further.
On that standard market you mentioned, am game and that's why l said earlier than I am looking forward to working with you. Presently, I planted technisem seed and soloxam has been the brain behind the farm so am sure method of production and standard won't be an issue for me, so we can work seemlessly.
I wil get in touch with you soon, to talk better, l have some capacity to participate well in that standard market as I just acquired some huge hectares of land and ready to explore this opportunity further..
jethro2:
Good morning.
It was the same last week that it was reportedly sold like that.
please visit the market you want to supply to and get the real details.
Tomato prices flunctuates that you will be shocked at the difference in price in the morning afternoon and evening.
its also good to network several markets.
I am glad the number if tomatoes farmers are increasing.
I have been working on some standard market that could fetch one reasonable price all year round.
My constraints has been quality and consistence supply.
I have the link to the standard market but it has to be a collective effort.
1. Good quality : means same seed and same methods of production
2. Consistency in supply: means large no of farmers producing at different time.
Standard market has always been the target Mile 12 is just the stepping stone.
Standard markets buy in kilo. The least is from N400 per kilo. They also buys all year round.
The excess production will be the ones for other open market.
We have the market to break in.
I am experimenting on several types of seed to later choose 3 or 4 varieties based on the quality and some other things.
I pray along with you to meet good market cause that will further motivates one to do more
kudos and welcome sir
You can use any basket that is convenient for you.
I even saw a tomato that was really red in colour. I was told it came from Cameroon.
Imagine that
Please
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by enolife(m): 10:42am On Jul 20, 2015
securi:
Bros, pls send me the woman's no too o. i will pm you Sir.
Thanks
ok
drop your Email
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by enolife(m): 10:44am On Jul 20, 2015
lanre2009:
I sent you a PM, please kindly send me the woman's number too, thanks in advance

drop you email address
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by lanre2009: 3:22pm On Jul 20, 2015
enolife:

drop you email address

orebayo@yahoo.com
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by jethro2: 6:42pm On Jul 20, 2015
enolife:

ok
please kindly help confirm 100kg bag of onion too
Today confirmation
Biggest size: N8000
Medium size: N6500
Small size: N5000
By size i meant the size of the onions in the bag of 100kg.
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by jethro2: 6:44pm On Jul 20, 2015
You are always welcome sir. We will see how we create a better network of market.
securi:
Wa o, such a dynamic market, anyway, let's see how it goes before wknd.I actually knew the price will drop after sallah.
Am in touch with many markets as well, but still exploring further.
On that standard market you mentioned, am game and that's why l said earlier than I am looking forward to working with you. Presently, I planted technisem seed and soloxam has been the brain behind the farm so am sure method of production and standard won't be an issue for me, so we can work seemlessly.
I wil get in touch with you soon, to talk better, l have some capacity to participate well in that standard market as I just acquired some huge hectares of land and ready to explore this opportunity further..
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by enolife(m): 7:07pm On Jul 20, 2015
jethro2:
Today confirmation Biggest size: N8000 Medium size: N6500 Small size: N5000 By size i meant the size of the onions in the bag of 100kg.
thanks
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by sealeo(m): 7:46am On Jul 21, 2015
anonimi:

Make I give you three Gbosas for your very nice contribution of FRESH practical ideas on this thread.

More blessings o jare grin
grin grin
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by odinakajeffery: 11:01pm On Jul 25, 2015
jeffmyson:

That's correct and can even be lower sometimes, like yesterday we bought for N1,200 per basket (Big size Basket) the price depends finally on quality.
Cheers!!

Pls I would love to know more about this business. Can I contact you personally.
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by securi: 1:50pm On Jul 26, 2015
l passed through some markets on Fri and Sat, so many baskets of tomato all over, the small basket sold for 1k 2 weeks ago, was on offer for N100. So ridiculous.

1 Like

Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by jethro2: 10:28pm On Jul 26, 2015
The market is getting flooded with tomatoes. The Ghanians, Cameroonians and Beninese have better tomatoes than Nigerians.
securi:
l passed through some markets on Fri and Sat, so many baskets of tomato all over, the small basket sold for 1k 2 weeks ago, was on offer for N100. So ridiculous.
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by jethro2: 10:33pm On Jul 26, 2015
East West Tomato Grown

Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by jethro2: 10:34pm On Jul 26, 2015
East West Tomatoes on the farm

1 Like

Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by jethro2: 10:35pm On Jul 26, 2015
Same tomatoe varieties

Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by jethro2: 10:37pm On Jul 26, 2015
While on the farm. This was grown with irrigation

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (39) (Reply)

Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures / Updated Price Of Grains And Location. / Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.