Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,616 members, 7,823,698 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:31 PM

Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures - Agriculture (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures (214300 Views)

Tomato Jos: Mira Metha, Harvard Graduate Who Is A Tomato Farmer In Nigeria / Green House Tomato Production / Cassava Production And Processed Products Made From Cassava (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by jethro2: 5:33pm On Jun 29, 2015
omode2:
@ Jethro hw do u weed is it manual or chemical?
Its manual. There is no selective herbicide for tomato yet.
However, you can use mulching film
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by lanre2009: 7:24pm On Jun 29, 2015
jethro2:

I am interested in coming for your training, but i wont be available for the July. Will you have any training for August 2015.
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by Juliana7: 7:50pm On Jun 29, 2015
@jethro, pls ma what is mulching film and its functionalities. Thanks
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by omode2(m): 8:36pm On Jun 29, 2015
jethro2:

I was at ds jubaili Agrotech seminar and we were told to use Star Force for post emergence herbicide. What insecticide do u use? What is your take on use of Agro chemicals does it have any harmful effect on d consumer?
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by Austin234(m): 7:09am On Jun 30, 2015
How about the cost, will u cover it frm the crop?
jethro2:
Its manual. There is no selective herbicide for tomato yet. However, you can use mulching film
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by fm4real2k6(m): 1:24pm On Jun 30, 2015
Do you need cheap lands for your large scale Agricultural purposes?

We've got more than 3,000 Hectares of land with C of O and we intend to sell cheaply for Agriculture and Agro-allied purposes.

The land is situated along Ilorin Ogbomosho Old road.

Check out this thread!
https://www.nairaland.com/2405069/big-deal-check-it-out
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by jethro2: 3:22pm On Jun 30, 2015
lanre2009:

I am interested in coming for your training, but i wont be available for the July. Will you have any training for August 2015.
The next training after July is September. First week of September.
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by jethro2: 3:27pm On Jun 30, 2015
Juliana7:
@jethro, pls ma what is mulching film and its functionalities. Thanks
Mulching film is a plastic material/nylon which is use for the following purpose
a. To eradicate weed
b. Retain moisture on the beds
c. The reflective surface reduces insects and pest infestation.
It is lay on the beds before planting. Please check this page www.facebook.com/entrepreneuryouthmultipurposecooperative. to have some idea. Finding it difficult to upload with my phone
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by jethro2: 3:30pm On Jun 30, 2015
Austin234:
How about the cost, will u cover it frm the crop?
Cost recovering from the farm are determine by a lot of factors.
Yes the mulching film cost will be recover if you have good market for your products. This boils down to you having good quality crops.
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by jethro2: 3:42pm On Jun 30, 2015
omode2:
I was at ds jubaili Agrotech seminar and we were told to use Star Force for post emergence herbicide. What insecticide do u use? What is your take on use of Agro chemicals does it have any harmful effect on d consumer?
Its possible but try it on a small space first.
Insecticides varies from places to places.
What works in my place might not work in some other area.
I also try as much as possible to be organic. The chemicals are seriously detrimental to our health.
Not only to consumer but also to the user and anyone in the vicinity
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by Juliana7: 11:36pm On Jun 30, 2015
@jethro, GOD bless u ma, thank u for going out of ur way to answer my question. Thanks
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by jethro2: 10:36pm On Jul 01, 2015
Juliana7:
@jethro, GOD bless u ma, thank u for going out of ur way to answer my question. Thanks
You are welcome
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by Juliana7: 11:25pm On Jul 01, 2015
@jethro, is mulching film sold in nigeria? if yes, pls ma do u know how much? Thanks
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by jethro2: 12:03am On Jul 02, 2015
Juliana7:
@jethro, is mulching film sold in nigeria?
if yes, pls ma do u know how much? Thanks
Yes and No. Yes. A substitute for mulching film which does not last long
No. You have to import the original mulching film

1 Like

Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by Marconau: 10:56pm On Jul 09, 2015
How can I get the details(date, location and contact no) for the July training?
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by Oluaso: 3:10am On Jul 10, 2015
how can one grow tomato in rain forest area,i am in ogun state ijebu ode and the tomato doesn't ripe during the rainy season
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by jethro2: 3:19am On Jul 10, 2015
Marconau:
How can I get the details(date, location and contact no) for the July training?
The July training is ongoing. We started this week. 3 more weeks to go. Location is Ago Amodu in Saki East LGA. Contact no 08064688501.

1 Like

Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by jethro2: 3:21am On Jul 10, 2015
Oluaso:
how can one grow tomato in rain forest area,i am in ogun state ijebu ode and the tomato doesn't ripe during the rainy season
There are lots and lots that are involve in tomatoes growing. Your seed, your management, your soil, the weather etc. Please get some real practical experience
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by securi: 1:11pm On Jul 11, 2015
Tomato price is still on the high side. 50kg basket is 22k today @ fruit market PHC. Am sure its a good time for Jethro and her team
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by enolife(m): 4:36am On Jul 12, 2015
please help me out
I just finished me ND program. I really want to be an agropreneur.
please house advise me,
how can I grow my little N10,000 in Agro biz?
am right now in Zamfara state.
Any suggestions is welcome

Note: the N10,000 is all I have.
thanks
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by enolife(m): 5:07am On Jul 12, 2015
boluwajokosegun:
f u hav a farm & u need cash to expand then goodnews.
FG is helping farmers under a registered cooperative call Drean Nation Alliance
It has online platform
Has a member you can acess a small loan of 200k to start with within 4 weeks
First to months is interest free while d next 10 months are 2% interest
So why don't u take d opportunity now
If u use d 200k for 5 months u can return it & collect 500k or more
U can access it from any where in naija because it is FG powered
what are the requirement to join the cooperative.
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by jethro2: 1:48pm On Jul 12, 2015
enolife:
please help me out
I just finished me ND program. I really want to be an agropreneur.
please house advise me,
how can I grow my little N10,000 in Agro biz?
am right now in Zamfara state.
Any suggestions is welcome
Note: the N10,000 is all I have.
thanks
Hmmmnmn.
Growing N10,000 in agrobiz will be very difficult.
I can understand your plight and would have love be of help.
I don't have money to give you but you can plan to attend our vegetable practical training in September free. That is if the distance will not be a barrier.
The N10,000 may barely be sufficient for your transport.
But if you can find a way to get across and show some little committment, you can half some acres of land to practise, seed to plant, technical support to manage your farm, access to market, accomodation for the next one year, access to all farm equipments that will ease and guide you towards being an agripreneur.
You can send mail to adesola_yinka@yahoo.com or call.
remain bless

4 Likes

Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by Pavore9: 2:03pm On Jul 12, 2015
jethro2:

Hmmmnmn.
I don't have money to give you but you can plan to attend our vegetable practical training in September free. That is if the distance will not be a barrier.
But if you can find a way to get across and show some little committment, you can half some acres of land to practise, seed to plant, technical support to manage your farm, access to market, accomodation for the next one year, access to all farm equipments that will ease and guide you towards being an agripreneur.
remain bless

If he has the will, he will find his way to your end.

3 Likes

Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by lanre2009: 3:27pm On Jul 12, 2015
jethro2:

Hmmmnmn.
remain bless

God bless you more and more....

2 Likes

Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by enolife(m): 4:30pm On Jul 12, 2015
jethro2:

Hmmmnmn.
remain bless
Thank you so much for the big favour and opportunity. Am so grateful
I will do everything to come and acquire the knowledge even if it will cost me to trek to Oyo I will trek with full force.
Once again thank you sir.

1 Like

Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by alakara(m): 7:52pm On Jul 12, 2015
Jethro kudos to u on dis
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by lanre2009: 7:52pm On Jul 12, 2015
We look forward to your success story and na Madam she be no be Sir.... grin
enolife:

I will do everything to come and acquire the knowledge even if it will cost me to trek to Oyo I will trek with full force.
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by enolife(m): 8:46pm On Jul 12, 2015
lanre2009:
We look forward to your success story and na Madam she be no be Sir.... grin
Success story is what I really want to right but I mut first put effort which is what I will do. she has given a big opportunity, I must do everything to use it wisely and to make the positive impact reach others.
thank you for the correction.

2 Likes

Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by jethro2: 10:31pm On Jul 12, 2015
Pavore9:

If he has the will, he will find his way to your end.
I believe so too

1 Like

Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by jethro2: 10:32pm On Jul 12, 2015
lanre2009:

God bless you more and more....
Amen and you too

1 Like

Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by jethro2: 10:35pm On Jul 12, 2015
enolife:

All Thanks belong to God. I replied your mail. You are welcome

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (39) (Reply)

Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures / Updated Price Of Grains And Location. / Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.