Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:31 AM

HIV/AIDS Drugs To Be Manufactured In Nigeria - UNAIDS - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / HIV/AIDS Drugs To Be Manufactured In Nigeria - UNAIDS (26744 Views)

Drugs To Avoid When You Are Expecting / Medical Scam: Drugs Manufactured In 2016 Already In Circulation? / High Cost Of Female Condom Affects Its Availability, Distribution – UNAIDS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HIV/AIDS Drugs To Be Manufactured In Nigeria - UNAIDS by Riclord001(m): 11:10pm On Jan 22, 2015
eunisam:
GEJ is working!
i no blame u
Re: HIV/AIDS Drugs To Be Manufactured In Nigeria - UNAIDS by hotgunz(m): 11:10pm On Jan 22, 2015
drered:
Don't be a waste of air.. What does this have to do with GEJ?..
Question is how exactly are they going to be getting their returns in Nigeria when arv's are basically free as they are supported by organisations like PEPFAR et al?
bt if it was killing of people it will have sumtin to do wit Jonathan abi?

3 Likes

Re: HIV/AIDS Drugs To Be Manufactured In Nigeria - UNAIDS by Nobody: 11:11pm On Jan 22, 2015
korel9:
Up GEJ grin

Haters go and die angry
llooool.....you are so daft

1 Like

Re: HIV/AIDS Drugs To Be Manufactured In Nigeria - UNAIDS by kodded(m): 11:11pm On Jan 22, 2015
Hahahhahaha
If buhari was in power he will cancelle the project all in the name of saving our "economy"

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: HIV/AIDS Drugs To Be Manufactured In Nigeria - UNAIDS by waternogeteneny: 11:12pm On Jan 22, 2015
GEJ till 2019...

2 Likes

Re: HIV/AIDS Drugs To Be Manufactured In Nigeria - UNAIDS by nationwide1(m): 11:12pm On Jan 22, 2015
drered:
Don't be a waste of air.. What does this have to do with GEJ?..
Question is how exactly are they going to be getting their returns in Nigeria when arv's are basically free as they are supported by organisations like PEPFAR et al?
PEPFAR has been withdrawing its support gradually since 2013. Most tests that were done free before are now paid for by patients. The staff are owed.

1 Like

Re: HIV/AIDS Drugs To Be Manufactured In Nigeria - UNAIDS by Babysho(m): 11:13pm On Jan 22, 2015
eunisam:
GEJ is working!

This one right here is a fool...am no Buhari supprter by the way....but dont you think dis kind of little develpment isnt somtin dat shud be celebrated...its jus drugs...not the cure...

1 Like

Re: HIV/AIDS Drugs To Be Manufactured In Nigeria - UNAIDS by Riclord001(m): 11:13pm On Jan 22, 2015
wettbabe:
Hurraayyy. I hav neva liked Condom. Raw sex always. Anyway, KONJI na Bastard
na ARV drug o

2 Likes

Re: HIV/AIDS Drugs To Be Manufactured In Nigeria - UNAIDS by golddeejay(m): 11:14pm On Jan 22, 2015
abalaka nko
Re: HIV/AIDS Drugs To Be Manufactured In Nigeria - UNAIDS by 0b1nna: 11:15pm On Jan 22, 2015
Akbee:

www.vanguardngr.com/2015/01/nigeria-commence-production-anti-retroviral-drugs-unaids/

Oh dear!!! Guys go ahead and Bleep with no rubber. Have as much fun as 2015 brings with it!!! HIP HIP HIP HOORAAH!!!
cheesy grin cheesy
Re: HIV/AIDS Drugs To Be Manufactured In Nigeria - UNAIDS by onyeguy: 11:16pm On Jan 22, 2015
Lol

1 Like

Re: HIV/AIDS Drugs To Be Manufactured In Nigeria - UNAIDS by dBard: 11:18pm On Jan 22, 2015
Damianobi:
Aba nd onitsha boys will also take note of dat sharperly grin

so true...

ABANS grin

Damianobi:
Aba nd onitsha boys will also take note of dat sharperly grin

so true...

ABANS (aba boys are not smiling)

1 Like

Re: HIV/AIDS Drugs To Be Manufactured In Nigeria - UNAIDS by nwatakwochaa(m): 11:18pm On Jan 22, 2015
GEJ is working

NIJA is moving

APC is dying

SHARIA law is dead

Cha! Cha!! Cha!!!
GEJians kwenu!
Heiiii!
Kwenu!
Heiiiiiii!!
Kwezuonu oooooo!!!!
Heeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!!!!!!
Udo diri unu ooooo

4 Likes

Re: HIV/AIDS Drugs To Be Manufactured In Nigeria - UNAIDS by skondo(m): 11:18pm On Jan 22, 2015
I wsn't aware!
Re: HIV/AIDS Drugs To Be Manufactured In Nigeria - UNAIDS by Nobody: 11:19pm On Jan 22, 2015
The ApC imbeciles* won't see this one.
GEJ is working
Re: HIV/AIDS Drugs To Be Manufactured In Nigeria - UNAIDS by adepiero: 11:25pm On Jan 22, 2015
meshacha1:
This is What they should have done since ......!!!
Now that court have supported abalaka. ...They want to now start doing something.

Pls just hurry and establish the solution quickly and govt should subsidise it so that ppl can be cured. That illness is scaring, I believe it will never come near us.

Hit like if you know it is NOT your portion!
Anti Retro Viral drugs is not meant to cure HIV, what it does is to suppress the activities as well as replication of the virus thereby making it difficult for the virus to grow.

HIV is not scary at all, if only you can live by its guiding principles. A patient that has cancer would prefer HIV any day.

#GetItRight

3 Likes

Re: HIV/AIDS Drugs To Be Manufactured In Nigeria - UNAIDS by DNBCrew: 11:29pm On Jan 22, 2015
Read DNB Stories - www.danwrites90..com
Re: HIV/AIDS Drugs To Be Manufactured In Nigeria - UNAIDS by Nobody: 11:30pm On Jan 22, 2015
tochman:
I have a strong feeling that this move has something to do with the court ruling on that guy's drug

Just what i was thinking. Immediately the guy won his case in court, they suddenly decided to start anti-retroviral drug production in Nigeria. I think this is a well orchestrated effort to frustrate the production of Abalaka's superior HIV/AIDS vaccines. Maybe they know Abalaka's vaccine is the real thing that actually kills the virus and production of that vaccine will threaten big pharmaceutical anti-retroviral drug business. We really need to start giving priority to our own in this country.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: HIV/AIDS Drugs To Be Manufactured In Nigeria - UNAIDS by Nobody: 11:31pm On Jan 22, 2015
meshacha1:
Now that court have supported abalaka. ...They want to now start doing something.

Pls just hurry and establish the solution quickly and govt should subsidise it so that ppl can be cured. That illness is scaring, I believe it will never come near us.

I was gonna like this until I saw that. Now I'm gonna keep my precious like.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: HIV/AIDS Drugs To Be Manufactured In Nigeria - UNAIDS by Ikengawo: 11:32pm On Jan 22, 2015
Now Buhari doesn't have to go abroad for medical treatment

#FORWARD2015
Re: HIV/AIDS Drugs To Be Manufactured In Nigeria - UNAIDS by Nobody: 11:32pm On Jan 22, 2015
adepiero:
Anti Retro Viral drugs is not meant to cure HIV, what it does is to suppress the activities as well as replication of the virus thereby making it difficult for the virus to grow.

HIV is not scary at all, if only you can live by its guiding principles. A patient that has cancer would prefer HIV any day.

#GetItRight
can't ARV trigger the growth of cancerous cells? Wat about their effects on the liver and kidney? I have a feeling there are long term side effects that aren't so obvious now. I also have a feeling they might have effects on such as gene mutation.. *Just thinking*
Re: HIV/AIDS Drugs To Be Manufactured In Nigeria - UNAIDS by cococandy(f): 11:33pm On Jan 22, 2015
Great point. I know he has his failings but I dislike mischievous propagandists who wont even accord him small recognition for the ones he did right.
Vikkie14:
Good move.
Em... When someone is doing the right, we should commend such. I was listening to a programme on radio sometimes ago, they were debating on the success(es) and failure(s) of Jonathan tenure. One of the speaker was saying that Jonathan' administratiön was this and that, the presenter ask him of the fair electiön under GEJ government, he said and i quote: "On the issue of free and fair election in 2011, i think Jega should take the praises and commendations because of a thorough job", end of quote. I was a bit alarmed to his words cox this is the man that allocate all the calamities that has bedeviled the country to Goodluck but disapproved anything good to him.
When something good or bad happened, the Leader should bear the burden of both, but for us now to dissociates the "good" things from him and blame the "bad" ONLY on him shows we are callous, evil, wicked and biased--- and such should have his/her abode with animals.
GEJ thanks for this cox it came (was pioneered)during your tenure.

1 Like

Re: HIV/AIDS Drugs To Be Manufactured In Nigeria - UNAIDS by Lautechgossip(m): 11:33pm On Jan 22, 2015
That's gud to hear. Plenty HIV patients in Nigeria.
Re: HIV/AIDS Drugs To Be Manufactured In Nigeria - UNAIDS by AfricanApple(f): 11:34pm On Jan 22, 2015
hope those piraters won't pirate it as as its out
Re: HIV/AIDS Drugs To Be Manufactured In Nigeria - UNAIDS by cococandy(f): 11:34pm On Jan 22, 2015
sapiorxxual:
can't ARV trigger the growth of cancerous cells? Wat about their effects on the liver and kidney? I have a feeling there are long term side effects that aren't so obvious now. I also have a feeling they might have effects on such as gene mutation.. *Just thinking*
all based on feelings? Why not research it? I'm sure you may come upon testimonies of those who have lived decades on ARV

1 Like

Re: HIV/AIDS Drugs To Be Manufactured In Nigeria - UNAIDS by Nikapetrelli(f): 11:35pm On Jan 22, 2015
zimoni:
Hope the drug would cure the HIV completely.

Good one there.

This is the kind of news we want to be reading not Buhari or Jonah palaver.

I wish the people living with HIV/AIDS recovery.

God will heal you people.
Exactly enough of those GEJ n Buhari boring n annoying talks
Re: HIV/AIDS Drugs To Be Manufactured In Nigeria - UNAIDS by redcliff: 11:38pm On Jan 22, 2015
meshacha1:

If you like keep haviing random unprotected sex up and down and be saying it not your portion..

1 Like

Re: HIV/AIDS Drugs To Be Manufactured In Nigeria - UNAIDS by adepiero: 11:40pm On Jan 22, 2015
sapiorxxual:
ARV doesn't trigger the growth of cancerous cell but what it does is to suppress it. you know when HIV grows to AIDS, patient start having different internal malfunction and the common ones are kidney failure, liver cirrhosis, as well as different forms of cancer including leukemia.

however, prolonged use can damage internal organs just as a simple panadol can.
Re: HIV/AIDS Drugs To Be Manufactured In Nigeria - UNAIDS by Nobody: 11:41pm On Jan 22, 2015
cococandy:
all based on feelings? Why not research it? I'm sure you may come upon testimonies of those who have lived decades on ARV
My final year project will definitely be on something like that, God's willing. If only Government is ready to fund research but no, they prefer looting. GMB ko, GEJ ni. They're all the same.

3 Likes

Re: HIV/AIDS Drugs To Be Manufactured In Nigeria - UNAIDS by Nobody: 11:44pm On Jan 22, 2015
adepiero:

however, prolonged use can damage internal organs just as a simple panadol can.
you see, that's my concern. Wonder how long children born positive would live when they are on these drugs. God have mercy.
Re: HIV/AIDS Drugs To Be Manufactured In Nigeria - UNAIDS by jozeph1(m): 11:44pm On Jan 22, 2015
Hmm of all the countries like south africa, kenya,and mozambique with high cases of hiv, the saw nigeria as the only country to produce the drugs Is it a marketin strategy or somthing else cos i beliv somthing is fishy, the need somthing in return apart frm using 9gerians as guinea pigs for their drugz
Re: HIV/AIDS Drugs To Be Manufactured In Nigeria - UNAIDS by cococandy(f): 11:45pm On Jan 22, 2015
sapiorxxual:
My final year project will definitely be on something like that, God's willing. If only Government is ready to fund research but no, they prefer looting. GMB ko, GEJ ni. They're all the same.
lol cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Body Odour Awareness And Prevention.. Its No Longer Funny This Days!!! / Suspected Ebola Cases In Ghana / Covid-19: Nurse Died After Taking Vacine In Tennessee, United States

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.