Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,147 members, 7,835,838 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:58 PM

Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! (18840 Views)

Poll: This is:

Right: 34% (50 votes)
Wrong: 65% (95 votes)
This poll has ended

Police Reinstates dismissed Amos Olaniyan (Photos) / 13 Ex-Militants Dismissed From Lufthansa Pilot Training School In Germany / Escape Of Kabiru Sokoto: Zakari Biu Dismissed From Nigeria Police Force (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by abey007: 11:24pm On Jan 05, 2009
My guys I don’t know why we are making this boy Ribadu dismissal an issue. I believe he deserves what he is getting now. If you are a class teacher and you allowed one student to humiliate you in front of others today; what will happen tomorrow? You are know the answer. Other police officers will be doing the same and taken their superiors to court and we all know Nigerian legal system. Don’t you guys??
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by angelina08(f): 2:26pm On Jan 06, 2009
Mallam Ribadu dismissed from the police, he must have a reason for that, Nigeria Police are not helping the situation.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by wirinet(m): 4:58pm On Jan 06, 2009
jacobs123:

@ wirinet & profit$

when you guys claim that Ribadu is a media creation and ask for the name of the FBI director, my simple response is how come we almost know the names of all the bank MD's in Nigeria and most people (even those going on Frank Edoho's Who wants to be a Millionaire) will probably be clueless if asked for the names of CEO's of foreign banks like Citibank, Goldman Sachs, RBS etc and these includes people living in these countries.
It's good you guys have access to the internet and can come online and support the people who have made living a complicated matter in this country against a Ribadu whose actions made Nigeria become a nation where investors are willing to stake their money and some of these money trickling down to those of us who have skills but no relations in government (through Job creation).

Mr Ribadu has done his bit and I'm sure history and God are there to judge him. Mr Yar Adua has now got his own opportunity. Now that he's probably through with reversals and gotten Mr. Ribadu out, i hope we can get on with the business of governance.
It is however important to note that our children and young ones are watching and are forming their opinions. I grew up believing that the triumph of evil over good can only be temporal. I've since seen many things to suggest otherwise but my belief remains yet unshaken.

I do not like the accusations of Jacob123 and others holding his views, that anyone who does not support Ribadu must be supporting corruption or that they are benefiting from this government. I can tell you that I live in Nigeria and I am suffering the effect of corruption every day, in my house (no light or water, and i am struggling to maintain a small petrol generator and no water, as i have to buy water everyday), on the road (bad roads infested with armed robbers, area boys, armed police, Lasma, Lawma, FRSC, KIA, and council boys, i get home with a headache everyday). And there are myriads of other problems to many to mention.

You people should realised that there are three opinions regarding ribadu,

There are those that believe that he was a saint
There are those that believed that he fought corruption sincerely but made some mistakes, and i know a lot of people in this category, Gani falls into this category.
While the third school to which i belong believed he left the fight against corruption and stated using corruption for political purposes, Chief Enahoro belongs to this school of thought also, and i hope you are not saying that Enahoro condones corruption.

We are all here to exchange thoughts and ideas, that is the only way we can grow our sopciety.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by Nobody: 1:15am On Jan 07, 2009
EFCC probes Al-Mustapha wife’s missing N23.4m wristwatch
Written by Albert Akpor
Wednesday, 07 January 2009
THE Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, (EFCC) has arrested a Lagos based business magnate and philanthropist (names withheld) over his alleged involvement in the controversial missing of Major Al- Mustapha’s wife’s wristwatch.
The value of the wristwatch is put at US $170,000.00, about N23. 4m. The wristwatch sources said got missing since 2005 after the detained General’s wife, Hajia Hafsat Al- Mustapha reportedly gave it to the business man said to be a family friend for repairs.

But EFCC sources at the Lagos office told Vanguard that the wristwatch got stolen alongside other valuables of the business man at the Police Force Headquarters in Abuja after unknown person reportedly boggled the airport taxi with which he arrived the Force Headquarters on a visit to the then Principal Staff Office (PSO) Assistant Commissioner of Police ACP Oyebade Leye to the then Inspector-General of Police Mr. Sunday Ehindero.

The bugllary was said to had been incidented with the police and the driver was promptly detained but latter released. The circumstances of the taxi driver’s release was not however known; but sources said the driver is a relation to the General’s wife.

EFCC sources further said that the detained business man has told the anti graft agency through a statement that the missing wristwatch was willingly given to him by the General’s wife whom he got introduced to six days after.

According to his statement, when the airport cab was boggled, and his personal belongings including several international passports, cash and other valuables were carted away alongside the controversial wristwatch, he promptly informed the General’s wife who through a GSM text message consoled him over the loss of the items with a promise that God would restore those valuables back.

An inside source however informed that the business man has also told the commission that when the wristwatch was given to him, the General’s wife only complained that the battery and the strap were bad and that he promised to help her fix them when travels abroad.

But unfortunately, the wristwatch and other valuables were however stolen that same day after the airport cab was boggled.

The sources further hinted that the business man said that a new dimension was introduced when he started receiving amorous text messages from the General’s wife.

It said the businessman told the commission that he had to turn down the overtures following his faith and firm respect for the sanctity of marriage.

According to the business man, the General’s wife only went to make the report to the EFCC because she wants to undo him since she could not get what she originally wanted,

When contacted the anti-graft agency Mr. Femi Babafemi describe the worth of the wristwatch as ridiculous adding that he was yet to get details of the complaints.

“You mean somebody is wearing a wristwatch that cost as much as that?, that is madness. Anyway, I am yet to get full details of it because as I talk to you now, I am going for a meeting with madam; but when I finish, I will get back to you.” he said.

----culled from vanguard

this is what EFCC under waziri has been reduced to

is that an economic or financial crime

very soon they will start arresting people who steal goats and yams.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by dowl: 12:35pm On Jan 07, 2009
that's the best news i've heard in a long tym.[color=#000099][/color][b][/b]
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by komekn(m): 1:57pm On Jan 07, 2009
An opinion is not a fact but a view whether it is has a substantive basis or is mere prejudicial sentiment is open to debate.

Wirinet, what is the basis of your opinion? My view is that it lacks depth

Ribadu carried out his job with stringent and restrictive limitations placed upon him not by consent but by circumstance, (he could not prosecute the president daughter when the president is still in office) within those negative limitations he carried out an exemplary job. When uncle Shege left, so did those limitations to some degree.

The result unprecedented prosecutions against the supposed untouchables, did he breach the rule of law, of course he did, should he have? absolutely , to catch a thief you will have to break the rules sometimes.

Will Ribadu have his day in court? Is the Nigerian Judiciary incorruptible?

PRAY FOR OUR COUNTRY !!! sad angry sad angry sad angry sad angry sad angry
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by 888boy: 4:34pm On Jan 07, 2009
To poster: cre8tivity (f)

This poem reminds me of a composition by a victim of EFCC who was locked up for 6 months under Ribadu Regime. It doesnt matter what you say anyway, what goes around comes around.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
when you fight corruption with corruption= unpleasant outcome
when you think you're bigger than the law= unpleasant outcome
when you disrespect your seniors = unpleasant outcome
when you operate selectively = unpleasant outcome
when you think you're bigger than nigeria = unpleasant outcome
when you accept illegal promotion = unpleasant outcome.

______________________________________________________-
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by fxmaxony(m): 6:30pm On Jan 07, 2009
@mikeansy, when the press write in your favor, you give the m Kudos, when their publication is against your view, you dub them Nigerian Press

yesterday in ur mind keyamo was straight man speaking against corruption, but today he is no more of honor, all a typical approach of the mess obasanjo and his team made by making their mistake.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by suntsmash: 3:41pm On Jan 09, 2009
I will say the nigeria police force is unfair to have teminate the apointment of the formal efcc boss.
His dismisal may likely bring bad reputation on this our great Naija.
abi naija leader's want start the magomago on the high scale embarassed
I beg make we join hand eradicate trouble commot for this 2009 and more also make we shine our eyes well well shocked
abi no be so my people
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by 888boy: 4:08pm On Jan 09, 2009
Why call them leaders, how many leaders have we had since Awolowo died?
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jan 09, 2009
fxmaxony:

@mikeansy, when the press write in your favor, you give the m Kudos, when their publication is against your view, you dub them Nigerian Press

yesterday in ur mind keyamo was straight man speaking against corruption, but today he is no more of honor, all a typical approach of the mess obasanjo and his team made by making their mistake.

if u can pull up where i praised festus keyamo. whatever u say i do
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jan 09, 2009
NANS commends Oshiomhole over comments on Ribadu
By Sunday Aborisade, Ibadan
Published: Friday, 9 Jan 2009
The National Association of Nigerian Students has commended the Edo State Governor, Mr. Adams Oshiomhole, for criticising the alleged victimisation of the former Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, Mr. Nuhu Ribadu, by the Police Service Commission.

Skip to next paragraph

Photo file
Adams Oshiomhole

In a statement in Ibadan on Thursday, NANS said Oshiomhole had by his action, demonstrated a rare courage expected of a unionist even when his other colleagues refused to make public statements on the issue.

The students had in the statement by their National Financial Secretary, Mr. Ponmile Omidiji, described the action of the PSC against Ribadu as the ‘highest point of oppression.’

They also urged the PSC to listen to the voices of reasons from Nigerians by retracing its ‘shameful action against Ribadu.’

The students insisted that “the current fight against Ribadu by the powers-that-be was ultimately a fight against the anti-corruption elements in the country”

They praised the courageous roles of the media and activists like the Nobel Laureate, Prof. Wole Soyinka and Chief Gani Fawehinmi (SAN), who condemned the alleged persecution of Ribadu.

The students said, “Oshiomhole and others had hit the nail on the head by asking the leadership of the Nigeria Police Force to retrace their steps and reverse Ribadu’s dismissal from the force.

“The over 40million Nigerian students and the entire Nigerian masses also believe that a fight against Ribadu is a fight against all anti corruption elements in our dear country.”

The students also hinted that they would soon open a bank account where all progressive individuals and corporate organisations in the country are expected to contribute some money to fight the injustice against Ribadu.

“We are going to meet his legal team to work out the modalities. This is to support Ribadu and encourage future compatriots not to be discouraged but to be more committed to a genuine service to their fatherland,” the students added.

Only Chidicris and his fellow confused bigots have refused to listen to the voice of reason.

I am particularly interested in Chidicris because I dont believe he benefits from the proceeds of corruption. I just know that he just does not get it.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by profits1: 11:37pm On Jan 14, 2009
@Mikeansy, I dont resolve to name calling like you labelled chidichris bigot, when you are through with payment of your widows might into d student account that I am already seeing in d drain, come back and tell us your experience.

the same Naija students are and were still clamouring for rule of law now and then,

We are not saying Ribadu didnt do a single good, He meant well but hijacked OBJ personnal agenda along the line, but he could have done better
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by naoma02: 9:01am On Jan 15, 2009
A Valentine like neva b4
not the regular gifts
not the same old teddy bear
we offer something new 4 her
something different
impress her, this time

call (Lagos) Mosun - 08037211151
(Abuja) Toni - 08036979998
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by cisily: 1:28pm On Jan 19, 2009
finally rubadu is out, if you like take it or contest it there is a click in this whole sham. double promotion was awarded to him by the authority in with the power to do so, he wanted to sanitise the high corruption that has crippled us but he can nopt do this alone. he who pays the piper dictates the tone meaning he has a boss who is reporting to and if his boss was ok by him this government is turn by turn. therfore shall he be purnished for the total loyalty to his boss thereto forstall due process and curb inflation an corruption, let us say the truth we need a courageous man like ribadu to expose us to what these politicians do with our money.

crusify him or sacked, ribadu is a blessing to the nation. we will remember that odumegwu ojukwu started the fight for biafra and as i speak to you we claim to have one nigeria while the niger delta is encapsulated with rocking crises today militant ,kinapping jtf ateke, asari,to mention but few all struggling for their own pocket/share,

whereof dim chukwuemeka has seen this for so long but was cajoled by even the people surfering it today.

let nuhu be sacked, after all san. gani fawehmi has taken up the mater voluntarily so by the time we will recorn ribadu is good it will be late. in the land of he blind , one eyed man, police is not the only work for nuhu rather will he go hunger but this is a lesson for the younger generation, men are evil and will not allow you take credit for good things you did.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Fayose And Aregebsola All Smiles At Governors’ Forum Meeting / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala with Jack Dorsey at UNGA 2019 / Buhari Lacks Political Will To Halt By Fulani Herdsmen - Reps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.