Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,852 members, 7,813,909 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:14 PM

Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! (18801 Views)

Poll: This is:

Right: 34% (50 votes)
Wrong: 65% (95 votes)
This poll has ended

Police Reinstates dismissed Amos Olaniyan (Photos) / 13 Ex-Militants Dismissed From Lufthansa Pilot Training School In Germany / Escape Of Kabiru Sokoto: Zakari Biu Dismissed From Nigeria Police Force (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by joyAA(f): 10:25pm On Dec 28, 2008
itsso not right,every one who has eyes and ears can see dat.first of all,he was sent on some course supposedly to improve his otential as a leader,all the while,the government and the police force saying it was not a termination of his work,while he was at kuru,a new EFCC boss was selected.How ridiculus is that.u dont put someone else in a post that is not vacant.nigeria cannot send president Musa Yaradua to some institute and in his absence elaect a new president. all im saying is that if they wanted to get rid of him becuse he brought some of them down ,then they shoukd do it in a more just and civilised way,that at least shows that we are running a democracy here.to hell with those involved with his dismissal.i cant stand the irritating politics in this countr.y
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by profits1: 11:57pm On Dec 28, 2008
@all Read Ribadu Sack Letter and Fault the reasons why he was sacked, If those things would have been condoned during his era in Anti-corruption, then Jugge your self?

Moreover, history of his era should have made him be smarter than playing into the hands of The authorities, Why did he not Resume?

Please supporters of Fighting corruption void of rule of law, assist us ask Ribadu to state his own defence to the issues raised in the sack letter,

A hero will Be an anti-corruption boss that fights corruption by even Beaming the search light against his boss without fear, that Ribadu didnt do,

Rule of law means, when there is a court judgement against a citizen, you challenge and vacate the jugdement before taking action against the law,

was it not during Ribadu era that People who were accused of corruption without trial were listed as not being fit to stand for election, then the lobby to qualify for election shifted to EFCC house and ASO Rock, The plea was BABA please Let not RIBadu Include my name, I shall support third term whole Heartedly,

What did Ribadu do about the source of money to the Presidential Library, The billions into Roads under anenih, that has nothing to show for it, the big donors into Third term agenda,
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by profits1: 12:02am On Dec 29, 2008
some one like DORA Akunyili woulnt close her eyes if she caught President OBJ against NAFDAC rules, that is what we call being a hero,

I whole heartedly believe that we can Fight corruption and still obey rule of law, Why Did he (Ribadu) go to court when he doesnt thin k Rule of Law should be respected?

lets think twice, The worst corruption is abuse and lack of respect for rule of Law, Let Nigeria embrace respect for rule of law and corruption will be greatly reduced,
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by LFJ: 12:21am On Dec 29, 2008
Ppl like creativity, profit$, chidichris & co shd be ignore, they are doing what they were paid for.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by topkin(m): 10:23am On Dec 29, 2008
@ poster

I think he over-flogged issues and even sympathizers ran out of sympathy for him. He considered himself a sacred cow and tot he was above the law. He should have at least tread carefully. I guess his advising lawyers put him on the wrong track. Personally, I think he deserved what he got.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by chidichris(m): 10:51am On Dec 29, 2008
Profit$ mentioned Dora here.
if Dora has been the NAFDAC boss for this long and till date nobody has gone to court to challange her actions, it is worth commending.
has anyone come out to tell nigerians that dora closed her shop and leave his or her neighbours' shops?
if ten people imports fake drugs, you can only allow the ten or catch the ten. the idea of catching 9 1/2 and leaving half is what we call selective justice.
dora has set the pace and even her victims will commend her efforts in secret.
if yar adua is going to fight through the present efcc, let him make it a fight for all otherwise, i will come back here to tell you is a selective war and it will not lead us nowhere.
all the ribadu noise on our media did not yield anything as corruption in the last administration was the highest in the history of nigeria and the simple reason is selective justice.
go to my state and visit the villages of all the house members and see the state of the arts houses errected by the honorable law breakers
which war? there was absolutely no war on corruption by ribadu.
let any of you tell me about a politician he knows in the last regime that is not heavily built financially now.
let one of you point at one politician in the last regime that is regreting his involvement.
let one of you tell me that goodluck jonathan and yar adua who were govs in the last regime were not corrupt hence they were selected for the posts.
let one of you tell the basis for which ribadu arrested the few govs he did- maybe they were more corrupt than the others.
let one of you tell me that among all the ministers and federal appointed officials in the last regime, non of them was corrupt and if any is why did't ribadu arrest any.
let one of you tell me that fani kayode, bode george and borrishade who have arrested by waziri are not corrupt and why did ribadu overlooked them.
can someone tell me here that the govs are more corrupt than our ministers in the last regime.

RIBADU WAS SIMPLY A PAID LABOURER WHO INTERPRETED HIS SCRIPT VERY WELL SO POLICE IS NOT THE BEST PLACE FOR HIM - I SUGGEST NOLLYWOOD.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by McKren(m): 11:04am On Dec 29, 2008
Fake drug importers were simply unable to distort the facts.

They have no political clout nor allies in Govt. They dont even own any section of the media. at least 80% of Nigerian media belongs to ex-Governors and their allies and they used it effectively to control public opinnion.

That is why Ribadu's fight against corruption was selective and Dora's was not.

Chidicris do you honestly want to suggest that there are no more fake drug importers in Nigeria, or were the importers of "my pikin" ghosts?
Will it make any sense to suggest that because somebody somewhere could import "my pikin" Dora has been selective all this while?

We need to put pressure on NUJ to set up their media ombudsman fast. The ombudsman should also have the power to correct distorted news aimed at confusing members of the public.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by linuxuser(m): 11:58am On Dec 29, 2008
You know people had accused him of selective justice and I have always said if justice is selective why did it select you? Justice does not select people who have nothing in their closets.

“There must be something you have done wrong that made justice to select you. I have not seen one person among the people this man picked up that didn’t have something to warrant the arrest. Why did justice not select me? Why did it not select you?

Source: Ayo Oritsejafor - Vanguard 29/12/08
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by idiopathic: 2:12pm On Dec 29, 2008
Ijaw group names him Man of the Year
Punch Newspaper, Monday 29th December, 2009.
Former chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, Mallam Nuhu Ribadu, on Sunday, flew to Lagos to hold talks with a team of lawyers who would handle his brief challenging his dismissal from the Nigeria Police.

The development came just as a group, the Ijaw Monitoring Group named Ribadu as its Man of the Year.

Ribadu, who flew to Lagos Saturday evening on an Arik Airline flight was given a historic welcome by taxi operators at the Domestic Wing of the Murtala Muhammed Airport.

Immediately the taxi operators sighted him, they mobilised themselves and swamped at him.

They started showering praises on him for his courage which he demonstrated in the fight against corruption.

They also volunteered to take him to wherever he was going free of charge.

“You have given us hope,” one of them shouted. One day you will become the president of this country,” said another.

When a woman who apparently knew the former EFCC’s boss volunteered to give a ride to him in her car, the taxi operators resisted, saying that they should be allowed to drop Ribadu.

Eventually, they allowed the woman to drive Ribadu away but not until they had said so many unprintable words against those who they said were hell bent to destroy Ribadu.

As at Sunday, one of the lawyers contacted by Ribadu, who spoke with one of our correspondents on the telephone on anonymity, confirmed that Ribadu was in Lagos to hold meeting with his lawyers.

Among the lawyers on the list are Tayo Oyetibo SAN, Mr. Femi Falana, Mr. Charles Musa, and others whose identity could not be ascertained as at press time.

Ribadu had been subjected to series of harassment, he was last week dismissed from the police even while an action he instituted challenging his demotion was pending at a Federal High Court in Abuja.

Also, a group, the Ijaw Monitoring Group, has named Ribadu as its Man of the Year 2008.

It has therefore inducted his photograph on the wall of the Niger Delta Hall of Fame alongside those of over 300 Niger Deltans, making him the first non-Niger Deltan to be so honoured.

In a statement on Sunday by its National Coordinator, Mr. Joseph Evah, the group said Ribadu was honoured based on his efforts aimed at eradicating corruption in the country.

Describing Ribadu as a blessing to his generation, Evah said that the gang up against the ex-EFCC boss was not surprising to the masses.

He said, ”Ribadu was the second African to try to use official position to banish perpetual poverty by combating corruption head on after Lt. Jerry Rawlings of Ghana but while Rawlings succeeded, Ribadu failed because he was not a military ruler with absolute power and today Ghana is ahead of Nigeria in everything except the senseless population we parade as highest in Africa.

“He was the first police officer in the history of the force recognised by the United Nations as the most corrupt institution in Nigeria to emerge stainless and spotless, which has attracted more hatred from within and retired officers.

“He was the first Nigerian to be persecuted like the Biblical John the Baptist but we refused him to be killed like John the Baptist to satisfy the enemies of the masses.

“He was the first public officer to disagree with a sitting president (Obasanjo) that appointed him by indicting a former South-South governor of corruption who was Obasanjo‘s choice for the office of vice-president in 2007 and stop the announcement of the name at the PDP convention.”

Evah said that although the group had had cause to disagree with Ribadu when a former Bayelsa State Governor, Chief Diepreye Alamieyeseigha, was deported from hospital in Dubai to face corruption charges, he remained the hope of the masses.

While that God protect the former EFCC boss, he said that Ribadu‘s recent dismissal from the police further exposed the corrupt element in the system.

Meanwhile, a retired Commissioner of Police, Alhaji Abubakar Tsav, described the trio of Mallam Nuhu Ribadu, Nasir El-Rufai and Chief Femi Fani-Kayode as victims of power.

Tsav said this on Sunday while reacting to the travails of the former public office holders.

Tsav said, “Ribadu, Fani-Kayode and El-Rufai were deceived by power and thought they were powers unto themselves. They forgot that authority comes from God and forgets a dying king.

The former police boss did not comment on the propriety or otherwise of the methods adopted to humiliate the trio; but expressed hope that those currently occupying public office would learn lessons from their travails.

Executive Director of the Abuja based Civil Society and Legislative Advocacy Centre, Malam Awaual Musa Rafsanjani in a telephone interview with one of our correspondents on Sunday said the fight against corruption in Nigeria was in a coma following Ribadu’s ouster.

He said “The Nigerian government has again taken a wrong step by rewarding Ribadu’s hard work with the sack. With this singular act, this government has sent a clear message that the corrupt will always have their way.”

“It is common knowledge that those who have one case of corruption or the other to answer have boasted that they would deal with Ribadu. They have succeeded for now because the victory of evil over good is only temporal.”

Rafsanjani, however, faulted Ribadu’s decision to remain in the force when it became clear to him that this current administration was not ready to take on corruption head-on.

According to him “We expected Ribadu to have resigned since it was obvious that he is not corrupt and could not work with corrupt people.”

He expressed CISLAC’s commitment to genuine efforts aimed at getting justice for Ribadu.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by idiopathic: 2:18pm On Dec 29, 2008
Fellow Nairalanders, we don't have a free press in Nigeria anymore. The newspapers have either being bought by corrupt ex-governors or their friends who are intent on influencing public opinion in their favour.
However, the average man on the street still appreciates Ribadu. Name any other Nigerian who will be mobbed by admirers in Lagos or any other capital city.
No matter how much Yaradua and his rogue friends try to rubbish Ribadu, the average man on the street is very intelligent and can see through their evil machinations.

Ribadu will defeat any candidate with a landslide in a free and fair country. I know, this can't happen in Nigeria.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by idiopathic: 2:20pm On Dec 29, 2008
Those that accuse Ribadu of selective justice and witch-hunting Atiku, i hope you saw the allegation by siemens involving payment made through Atiku's wife.
Tafa Balogun, Mr Sunday Afolabi, Otunba Fasawe and even Mike Adenuga were all Obasanjo's friends.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by chidichris(m): 3:10pm On Dec 29, 2008
Those that accuse Ribadu of selective justice and witch-hunting Atiku, i hope you saw the allegation by siemens involving payment made through Atiku's wife.
Tafa Balogun, Mr Sunday Afolabi, Otunba Fasawe and even Mike Adenuga were all Obasanjo's friends.

Idiopathic,
going by the names you listed above, wht happened to them? is tafa balogun a poor man till date? what was his punishment as a chief security officer who betrayed police and the people of nigeria? pls compare him with the 100 years and above punishment issued to individual fraudstars.
where is adenuga and what happened to him?

how can you convience nigerians that ijaw and ijaw people flew to lagos to honour him as their man of the year? this same ijaw people we saw celebrate alamasiya as their hero when he was released from the jail. be wise, these are paid labourers like you and your group here.

in a simple language, could you pls answer me. did corruption in the last regime 1999 to 2007 on the high or on the low?

how many out of the 36 or more) govs were arrested in the war against corruption and how many were declared as clean?

can any of you here pls explain what happened in the money laundary case established by a usa court against andy uba the then personal assistant to obj.

could any of you explain in simple terms what corruption is when it comes to elected officials in nigeria.

if we are here say that any political office holder during obj's regime including obj himself was clean then let us know who that one is. if non is clean nthen let us know why some were arrested and some were not.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by Nobody: 4:19pm On Dec 29, 2008
I need to start a countdown for Chidicris

How many posts will he take before he type something cohesive. Always all over the place!!!

starting now!!!!

[size=32pt]post No. 1[/size]
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by hobat4cash(m): 4:43pm On Dec 29, 2008
I have not posted on this forum for a long time now but i feel i must contribute to this topic. In the beginning all was well Ribadu was doing his job well because that was what he was hired to do. Along the way he changed a rule, i believe part of his job then was to deal with all corrupt offenses  no matter who  or what was involved . I believe this was the rule he changed, meaning there will sacred cows that will not touched, too bad. There have been many emotional responses on this thread supporting Ribadu blindly probably because he did the job he was paid to do howbeit selectively or because for the first time nigerians saw in him a saviour that will battle corruption to a standstill. To judge this case fairly we must detach emotions and look at the facts. Was he disrespectful? was he sturborn?.This guy was in the Police Force for Christ sake you have to obey your superiors in other not set a bad precedent for upcoming officers. Ribadu may be a good man but he should not have allowed himself to be used to fight personal wars. well the deed has been done. this can only be a lesson for the youth  that what goes around comes around. If he feels he has been treated badly let him go to court let nigerians see the outcome. I rest my case.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by wirinet(m): 5:07pm On Dec 29, 2008
I am sorry for Ribadu and his millions of fans, Ribadu failed the see the signs of the times, he felt he was invincible and that he was covered by the constitution (so he could not be removed as EFCC boss, remember OBJ hurriedly reappointed him few months before he left)

As i said Ribadu, with his Gang, El - Rufai, Fanikayode, Bayo Ojo and Maurice Iwu, with Ita Giwa were the main combatants in OBJ's Coup (third term) Ribadu's Job, was to pronounce any opponents of OBJ as Corrupt and convict you on the pages of newspaper. He took over the Job of our courts. then the others are members of a panel that will convict you (barred from election), then Iwu will officially exclude you.

But since OBJ has lost in the Power Game, he should have taken a UN job. But he thought OBJ was still calling the shots, so he stayed. So see what is happening to others, Fanikayode is spending xmas in Jail, El-rufai is a fugitive, Bayo Ojo has disappeared. Iwu is keeping his Job because he is responsible for Yar adua being president, he is amply aware of the new order.

You people should remember that Soludo almost entered trouble when he felt he does not need to be loyal to Yaradua, but he quickly recognized the new order and went to aso rock to beg Yaradua.

My take is if Ribadu did not dabble into politics and faced his Job of fighting corruption, he would have been safe.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by wirinet(m): 5:14pm On Dec 29, 2008
linuxuser:

You know people had accused him of selective justice and I have always said if justice is selective why did it select you? Justice does not select people who have nothing in their closets.

“There must be something you have done wrong that made justice to select you. I have not seen one person among the people this man picked up that didn’t have something to warrant the arrest. Why did justice not select me? Why did it not select you?

Source: Ayo Oritsejafor - Vanguard 29/12/08

I disagree with your assertions, selective justice is worse than no Justice at all. If i know that justice is selective, then all i have to do is just to lick the ass of those in power and i can get away with anything, then i will not care to break the law. Selective justice is usually a tool of establishing a dictatorship.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by linuxuser(m): 5:25pm On Dec 29, 2008
wirinet:

I disagree with your assertions, selective justice is worse than no Justice at all. If  i know that justice is selective, then all i have to do  is just to lick the ass of those in power and i can get away with anything, then i will not care to break the law. Selective justice is usually a tool of establishing a dictatorship.

The issue is not if or not you agree with the assertions but rather that you answer to
linuxuser:

Source: Ayo Oritsejafor  - Vanguard 29/12/08

Please don't distort the issue.  Kindly mention those that were picked up and did not loot Nigeria.  Five names will survive.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by Dale1(m): 9:12pm On Dec 29, 2008
Again, it's no wonder why Nigeria is in the current moribund state despite it's vast resources. This board is a gathering of Nigerians right? Ok imagine the partisan blindness shown by some on this board to corruption (widely recognized as a deeply ingrained national malaise) - Look closely and see how passionate some people here will give their lives to ensure that Nigeria continues on the same path of ruination while other nations are progressing. Ok now translate this scenario on this board to the national stage. You get the picture? multiply the insincerity and confusion on this board to the local govts, states and national polity. What do you see? progress? Naaah. What you see is what you get! You can imagine how hard Ribadus work must have been amongst the likes of certain people here who see no wrong in the direction this rudderless ship is going! Unfortunately, most Nigerians cry for things to change but can't stomach the actions that are necessary for true change to happen.!! So no surprises regarding the backlash at the work Ribadu tried to do no matter how imperfect it was. Moreover, that was the very first time ever that anything like that would happen in or be attempted in Nigeria. If it needed some tweaking, then do it, but don't throw away the baby and the bath water!!! Sadly, the president has no liver to effect any positive change so the lunacy continues.! The insanity, confusion and groping in the dark will continue while other countries are moving on!!! So dance on everybody!!. If you are on the side of the looters as is very apparent here with some of you, go on, enjoy! You don't even need to post anything here to justify your corrupt nature! We understand. It's in the genes, trust me it's not your fault! That's why it's hard for you to see it! For the few who know we MUST do things different if Nigeria is to change, more grease to your elbows!!! We need at least another 100 years before a new generation of right thinking Nigerians will be in the majority!! This is no exaggeration. Look at the kids of the current looters? where is the hope? All the best and happy New Year to all (except the thieves and crooks of course!)
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by eleven(m): 9:40pm On Dec 29, 2008
This topic no doubt interesting because it chronicles the reality soap opera currently being played in our beloved country.

Some people here are yet to get the point or pretending to understand the deep mess corruption has put us as a nation and seem not to or pretend not to understand the enormity of the fight against corruption.

Corruption is deeply embedded in each and everyone of us here either directly or indirectly, advertently or inadvertently though some of us are in deeply in it but do not like it because our minds are opened to the harsh implications of it, some are a bit comfortable with it, it all depends on our body reactions to the benefits and implications of it.

Someone here tried to compare NAFDAC with EFCC, my dear both are not comparable because the former deals with only a section or arm while the later deals with every section.

Back to my man, Mallam Nuhu Ribadu, he did say from the begining that he know he can not eradicate corruption but he will use selective targets to send down the message that the war is on going and that to my opinion he did very well irrespective of who is invloved either friends or foes of Obj as far as none of the victims have come out to claim innocence.

Until we really understand the menace corruption is to our country, we will NEVER fully appreciate the herculean task this young, fine, intelligent officer was face with and really measure his performance fairly.

As for me and my household we will continue to be eternally grateful to this fine officer for atleast bringing fear to the highly corrupt and untouchable politicians and will NEVER regret it except events prove us otherwise.

For his critics, keeping on criticizing the guy but do so constructively with documentary facts to back up your claims because all I read from you guys every time are just vague allegations without substance. Imagine someone posting a topic on Nairaland Politics titled "I have forgiven Ribadu- Shekirau" JESUS! are we so dumb? Whatelse do that person want Shekirau to say to the SUN (product of corruption, in doubt? Come to Abia state where I live) of all newspapers.

I pray for Ribadu, that he survives his current travails not really because of him as a person but so that others in the future are not discourage from his experience.

I wish you all Happy 2009 in advance!
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by eleven(m): 9:46pm On Dec 29, 2008
Dale1:

Again, it's no wonder why Nigeria is in the current moribund state despite it's vast resources. This board is a gathering of Nigerians right? Ok imagine the partisan blindness shown by some on this board to corruption (widely recognized as a deeply ingrained national malaise) - Look closely and see how passionate some people here will give their lives to ensure that Nigeria continues on the same path of ruination while other nations are progressing.  Ok now translate this scenario on this board to the national stage. You get the picture? multiply the insincerity and confusion on this board to the local govts, states and national polity. What do you see? progress? Naaah. What you see is what you get! You can imagine how hard Ribadus work must have been amongst the likes of certain people here who see no wrong in the direction this rudderless ship is going! Unfortunately, most Nigerians cry for things to change but can't stomach the actions that are necessary for true change to happen.!! So no surprises regarding the backlash at the work Ribadu tried to do no matter how imperfect it was. Moreover, that was the very first time ever that anything like that would happen in or be attempted in Nigeria. If it needed some tweaking, then do it, but don't throw away the baby and the bath water!!! Sadly, the president has no liver to effect any positive change so the lunacy continues.! The insanity, confusion and groping in the dark will continue while other countries are moving on!!! So dance on everybody!!. If you are on the side of the looters as is very apparent here with some of you, go on, enjoy! You don't even need to post anything here to justify your corrupt nature! We understand. It's in the genes, trust me it's not your fault! That's why it's hard for you to see it! For the few who know we MUST do things different if Nigeria is to change, more grease to your elbows!!! We need at least another 100 years before a new generation of right thinking Nigerians will be in the majority!! This is no exaggeration. Look at the kids of the current looters? where is the hope? All the best and happy New Year to all (except the thieves and crooks of course!)

Just saw this and must commend your high sense of reasoning. Your thoughts are well thought of and are sincere in all ramifications. I feel you my man.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by Tapiya(m): 10:56pm On Dec 29, 2008
We still await the Nigeria of our dreams, but from what am seeing here hmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!! Many rivers to cross sang one artiste, Man we have many Rivers to cross o'

Ribadu was just taking us across the first one but we could not stand the attendant tide abi that they could not stand the Attendant Tide so we have decided to go back to Eqypt where we can eat Cuccumber and all that was there in Eqypt someone us do not wanna get to the Land that flows with Milk and Honey So dear Long way to go. God Help us.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by profits1: 11:05pm On Dec 29, 2008
let us reduce this thing to a simple situation.

Did those things detailed in Ribadu's sack letter Happen? if it did happen, what should have been done?

Let Ribadu state why such things happened, Secondly If Such things were done by a police officer of No name, would it have been right to sack him?
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by Tapiya(m): 11:42pm On Dec 29, 2008
profit$:

let us reduce this thing to a simple situation.

Did those things detailed in Ribadu's sack letter Happen? if it did happen, what should have been done?

Let Ribadu state why such things happened, Secondly If Such things were done by a police officer of No name, would it have been right to sack him?

Are you kidding me? A man was removed from his post in the guise that becos he had attained a particular rank and therefore hes supposed to go for that course and just for him to go for that course and the next thing they want to bring him down
then he should not cry abi? he challenged his demotion in the court of Law so what rank would he have worn to the Graduation? and when someone has gone to court to challenge the demotion then you want him again to resume at your posting with the rank hes complaining about how do you expect him to do that? please answer me, and when talking about the Promotion have you not seen someone from ss2 taking Waec becos he feels he is capable? Okiro was choosen ahead of AIG Onovo what happened? was there or is there a revolt? Please lets get to know when things are right and when they are wrong. Lets support the truth even if its going to hurt us.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by Uche2005: 11:50pm On Dec 29, 2008
Shut up, as an igboman , how do you expect me to like the useless nuru. He was bias. Nuru ribadu was the one that hate the igbos so much that stop Igbos presidency in 2007.

Which of the governor was not a thief. but he pass the one from his ethnics group and fail one the one from my own ethnics group.  Is that a fair man?? both of them were thiefs.

An Igboman would have been inside Aso rock for the first time, expect for the bias Nuru Ribadu.

Why did Nuru Ribadu never arrested his people why,  Are you saying that fulani/hausa people are saint,  ?? Nonsense,  Let the idiot go,  let him go find job in security or something.

He was an igbo hater,  common igbo hater.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by eleven(m): 12:04am On Dec 30, 2008
Uche2005:

Shut up, as an igboman , how do you expect me to like the useless nuru. He was bias. Nuru ribadu was the one that hate the igbos so much that stop Igbos presidency in 2007.

Which of the governor was not a thief. but he pass the one from his ethnics group and fail one the one from my own ethnics group.  Is that a fair man?? both of them were thiefs.

An Igboman would have been inside Aso rock for the first time, expect for the bias Nuru Ribadu.

Why did Nuru Ribadu never arrested his people why,  Are you saying that fulani/hausa people are saint,  ?? Nonsense,  Let the idiot go,  let him go find job in security or something.

He was an igbo hater,  common igbo hater.

Another very stupid arguement.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by profits1: 12:15am On Dec 30, 2008
This Shouldnt be seen as a discussion of those in favor of corruption or not, I am doing a lot as a nigerian to check corruption of all soughts not only financial, even more than sum here that are blackmailing or labelling me as likes of corrupt minded,

In Simple terms, Should Rule of law be Sacrificed in Nigeria at the Expense of Financial Corruption?

Is abuse of Rule of Law not Corruption?

Is there no Nigerian That can fight Corruption without abusing the rule Of law?

If these Questions are Not answered right That means we are not ready to fight corruption and what we shall continue having is Selective justice which I know NUHU Did,
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by profits1: 12:18am On Dec 30, 2008
@Tapiya, What is the court without Rule of Law?

Nigerian Constitution Enshrines free and fair Hearing and free and fair hearing Carried out with respect of Rule of Law Guarantees Justice void of selection.

When a court ruled that RIBADU should Obey Rule of law, He was ignoring it, But now he has headed to the Court praying for rule of Law to be observed isnt that funny?
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by Tapiya(m): 12:23am On Dec 30, 2008
Come hear another one now o'

So the thing now is about Ribadu beign tribalistic abi? you go School at all? about Saminu Turaki? What about Joshua Dariye?

Very Stupid indeed
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by Tapiya(m): 12:29am On Dec 30, 2008
Hmmmn Bros what Rule of Law are you talking about? that Kalu that we all know is a thief runs to the court to stop Ribadu from Prosecuting him? or what is it that you are talking about? I just cited and Example, that the People that are professing the Rule of Law have broken that same rule of Law so what did you say to that? nothing. God will Judge us o' Lets be mindful of that.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by PiMpjUiCe1: 1:33am On Dec 30, 2008
i didnt want to post here but having gone thro all posts 1by1, I FEAR FOR NAIJA! thank God 2009 is here. i promised myself years ago i will move if by 2009 things no change, now i know i have no choice but to migrate go ghana, selective or not, dude got the fight started, all that was left for yaradull was to come correct ribadu's mistakes and let the battle continue, but no, he wouldnt dare coshe's too dull. now we r gone back 20yrs, GOD HELP THIS LOST SHIP, waziri is even more corrupt dan tafa balogun, i tell u, u need know wot dis woman is up2, all d 419 bois dat took off during ribadu's era are returning now. 1 i met in d club some fridays back said dis woman dey collect anyhow! God help us
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by Tapiya(m): 2:19am On Dec 30, 2008
Well shey una hear?

Madam dey collect then why would'nt she follow the Rule of Law Rule of lawlesness ?
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by otukpo(f): 8:18am On Dec 30, 2008
Udokpuenyi
For ur information, Ribadu is as corrupt as those he hunted/prosecuted. corruption in any form by anybody shld be condemned. U cannot achieve anything fighting corrutpion with corruption.

To salvage this country, we must reject and fight corruption in totality.

sentiments go kill some people. shine your eyes bro shine ur eyes shocked

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

MINIMUM WAGE: Oshiomhole Disowns Govs, Backs Workers / Buhari Departs From Egypt Arrives Abuja (pics) / President Muhammadu Buhari's Statement At The Coronation Of King Charles III

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.