Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,997 members, 7,835,340 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:55 AM

Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! (18836 Views)

Poll: This is:

Right: 34% (50 votes)
Wrong: 65% (95 votes)
This poll has ended

Police Reinstates dismissed Amos Olaniyan (Photos) / 13 Ex-Militants Dismissed From Lufthansa Pilot Training School In Germany / Escape Of Kabiru Sokoto: Zakari Biu Dismissed From Nigeria Police Force (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by chidichris(m): 7:44pm On Dec 23, 2008
McKren,
you sound really lettered. what about the other laws made by that same president that have been unmade by the present admin eg the selling of govt houses, the selling and allocation of oil wells, the selling of nagerian ports authority, the selling of nigeria etc?
do u realise that atiku was the bigest problem of obj and this man ribadu was able to bring him down by preparing a case file and gazetted it within the shortest time frame in the hsitory of man making him unfit to context for president? do you know that govs like alams and orji uzor kalu were too bold to stood on the ways of obj and this same gentle giant was able to convince nigerians that they are the major problems of nigeria?
do u still remember that andy uba was caught in the usa over money laundary via obj's presidential jet and a court convicted him and he was fined according to the usa law but this intelligent officer was able to convience nigerians that it was a civil case?
if you were obj, what can a loyal servant do more to deserve a double promotion in your hands?
sherrry lo,
u asked what is illegal promotion, every institution has rules and regulations guiding the act of their members so any promotion that goes outside these rules in the police is illegal.
to me, yar adua has not started because i expect him to first of all force obj to a phyciatric test to know why among other things he obj would stoop so low as in sleeping with his daughter inlaw.
this is just the begining.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by Loyalty(m): 7:45pm On Dec 23, 2008
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by idiopathic: 7:46pm On Dec 23, 2008
When the history of the country is written, and hopefully with the benefit of hindsight, I have a deep feeling we would regret this moment, and questioning and blaming ourselves why we allowed ourselves to be taken for a ride.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by cre8tivity(f): 7:48pm On Dec 23, 2008
i think in addition, ribadu should also be punished for wasting our time and money.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by cre8tivity(f): 7:51pm On Dec 23, 2008
do you guys have any info regarding when he's going to be arrested?
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by tharma(f): 7:53pm On Dec 23, 2008
cre8tivity:

do you guys have any info regarding when he's going to be arrested?

I think within the next few weeks. The government have already planned that.

But kai yar'adua is a hypocrite. Wallahi yar'adua munafukine.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by Pepeye(f): 8:04pm On Dec 23, 2008
Really don't know which emotion I feel more strongly, anger or sadness. The dismissal of Nuhu Ribadu marks the culmination of his persecution by those he once pursued for corruption. The argument that he was used by OBJ, that he was selective, or that he once flaunted the laws himself does not arise. The main issue is that his persecution is a clear indication that evil men he once prosecuted now have the upper hand in this nation. The brazen and steady manner they went after him is what makes me angry. Our collective powerlessness to do anything about this is what makes me sad.

This is the reason why it is futile to talk about moving Nigeria forward. Until we instil some level of decorum in the society and develop the courage to stand up when this level is crossed we shall perpetually remain servants to evil men who have the will to lord it over us knowing all we can do is debate and complain in beer parlours, in taxis, in offices and on internet forums. Decorum was one thing Ribadu almost succeeded in instilling. Government officials down to the level of state legislators began to realise that they could be called to account for wanton looting. He was on the verge of introducing some level of decency in treasury looting. All that has now been reversed and there is nothing we can do about it.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by cre8tivity(f): 8:17pm On Dec 23, 2008
what did you expect? did you expect the fg to allow ribadu to continue with his stupidity? i don't think so, the npf has done well. the fight must continue. the next thing we should concentrate on is making sure that waziri is doing her job accordingly. life goes on, we must move on. i think ribadu has placed a stamp on his own career. let's kiss this badboy good night.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by maxell(f): 8:22pm On Dec 23, 2008
I think Ribadu must have gone after a corrupt acquaintance of cre8tivity when he was at the EFCC  grin

She reminds me of BigB1

Yar'adua is not a wise man ! Is he going to rule Nigeria forever ? How long is he going to continue to shield James Ibori
from prosecution ?
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by tharma(f): 8:23pm On Dec 23, 2008
Nuhu Ribadu should have resigned ealier. There is no way he would have gone back to the police as a DCP. However, his dismissal is an embrassment to the Government and may be him too. His training and experience is just going to be wasted. I wont be angry at all.

Well it will be nice ,

The next headline will be ,

Ribadu Arrested or Ribadu Killed by a unknown gun men
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by dayokanu(m): 8:26pm On Dec 23, 2008
Ribadu Ribadu ,

How does the shoe feel on the other leg?

This Ribadu flaunted court orders several times. When the court was ruling in favour of the former VP Atiku, He was the one whom was used by OBJ to persecute people.

Does anyone remember the Al Mustapha story? He became law unto himself when Abacha was in power

Tharma, Ribadu wont be killed unless he comits suicide, we would all see when he would be reunited with his BOSS OBJ in Kirikiri to scheme against Fellow criminals there.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by cre8tivity(f): 8:32pm On Dec 23, 2008
dayokanu, you're very correct. they prefer the man alive more than anything else. this is the man that treated the vp of nigeria like a common dog. he forgot that democracy doesn't permit it. a true lesson for all: you may forget today, but tomorrow will not be forgoten so quick. my credit goes to this administration, believe it or not, they gave ribadu enough time to get himself together, but the idiot wouldn't get it. in other country, the fool would have been toasted many month ago
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by tharma(f): 8:34pm On Dec 23, 2008
No Ribadu wont commit suicide. That is onething Im sure. But then they will definately arrest him because of a trivial matter. Ribadu might have a dossier on many of the corrupt people and they would like the get those documents or put him behind bars untill they become irrellvant, just like Al Mustapha case. But honestly speaking the whole drama is very annoying.
When Ribadu was fighting corruption, at least he had the guts to arrest some people. And of course he have sufficient evidence. Ribadu is/was a police officer he knows how corrupt the judiciary is, perharps that is y sometimes he have to use martial law to deal with some powerful people. Many atimes Nigerians always cry for somebody like Rawlings to come from nowhere. Our judicial officers are just bastards as well as the other police officer. If a man considered to be outstanding (even if it is selective) could be reduce to this humiliating level, then I pity the nation called Nigeria. I pity the black race.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by tharma(f): 8:36pm On Dec 23, 2008
cre8tivity:

dayokanu, you're very correct. they prefer the man alive more than anything else. this is the man that treated the vp of nigeria like a common dog. he forgot that democracy doesn't permit it. a true lesson for all: you may forget today, but tomorrow will not be forgoten so quick. my credit goes to this administration, believe it or not, they gave ribadu enough time to get himself together, but the idiot wouldn't get it. in other country, African Country the fool would have been toasted many month ago
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by devonraid: 8:40pm On Dec 23, 2008
Obedience they say is better than sacrifice. Ribadu should have reported to where he was posted to benin, he is now dancing to the tune they want him to dance.
while he was the boss of EFCC, he was busy taking down the Governors who were against his Godfather bid for 3rd term.
Don't be surprised when he will be called by the EFCC boss for question on fraud while he was in office
LOL
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by dayokanu(m): 8:44pm On Dec 23, 2008
If Ribadu flaunted court orders so blatantly, I wonder why this regime is being so civil with him. He should be dealth with the way "Martial way"( apologies to Tharma) that he dealth with others.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by proo212(m): 8:46pm On Dec 23, 2008
The same people who are saying "serves him right for selective victimisation" are the same ones disgusted the Igbinedion got only 3.5m Naira fine for stealing 4.4b Naira.

How long do you need to spend 4.4b? You cannot live in 2 houses at once, hell, you cannot even sleep in 2 bedrooms at once.

The greed is just silly. I personally cannot understand having so much money " that you stole" (not misappropriated) and the road in front of your mansion that you built with stolen money is in a mess or there's someone begging on the street or an accident happened killing people on a road that should have been repaired with the money you stole. I don't get it.

Ribadu was selective but attitudes "changed". People were afraid of stealing (or getting caught). In the present administration, we all know that corruption has increased way above when Ribadu was EFCC boss.

The slap on the wrist for Igbinedion is just the tip of the iceberg, sadly people will be disgusted but nobody will move an inch to correct it. This is the worst administration ever.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by chidichris(m): 8:50pm On Dec 23, 2008
therma,
the worst thing you can do in a war against corruption is to be selective.
if u look back to 1999 till 2007 and compare the level of corruption with anyother era in the history of nig, including the millitary era, u will see that the level of corruption was highest because of this selective justice.
do u know during ribadu/obj era, all u need to do is just be loyal to obj and everything is ok.
do u know that tonny annenih till date has no explainations for the funds mapped out for ibadan-benin expressway?
do u know that chris uba was able to unseat an elected gov? do u know that iyabo obasanjo is a wanted person in a kidnap case in the uk? do u know how much that was found missing in the nigerian ports authority under bode george? do u know how much that was spent on our power supply contracts? but just be loyal to obj and endorse the third term agenda and ribadu will say u are clean.
do u know that some wars will surely take you 3o yrs backward and that is what this ribadu/obj's war has done to nigeria and nigerians.
selective justice is the worst form of justice and that has nothing to do with rawlings of ghana. he made it a food for all and ghana is benefitting from it today.
how can u fight a war when the real criminals are recieving national awards for their criminal activities. shame on ribadu and obj
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by cre8tivity(f): 8:51pm On Dec 23, 2008
ribadu was in love with power than nigeria as his country.
just in case you did not know, it is a known sayania all over abuja that there is no way anybody could work with obasojo without getting dirty, even if you don't want to. when you sleep next to a dirty dog that has ticks, don't be surprised when you wake up with ticks all over your ass. it doesn't necessarily mean you like ticks, but shit happens. this is what is going on with ribadu and el-rufai. with time we shall all be notified.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by PAPABOMBOY: 8:53pm On Dec 23, 2008
Abeg dress go, Ribadu no stupid. You know wetin u dey talk?

Stupidity nah person wey think say im fit come fool us for nairaland. Everybody know wetin dey happen.

Ribadu nah "stumbling block" to both past politicians wey thief awa money and even aspiring poli"thief"ians.

Under Ribadu, even among politicians sef, if you be government official wey chop serious pepper while in office, nah just matter of time you go come answer and dem wey thief know-----body go dey hot in the meantime---hypertension (we all know some of them), no fit sleep for night(lol), worry o ---up and down whether your name dey list.  

Ribadu try abeg.

Question now nah--mention "one" person wey go after our corrupt leaders with RESULTS like am and you go see why dem hurry comot am from office.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by deola007: 8:55pm On Dec 23, 2008
congratulations!!!
Yaradua and the Nigerian Police finally have one achievement to be proud of since the inception of their administration.
the hunting out of Nuhu Ribadu for doing his job blindly and without 'respect'.

Despite not having solution to the endless killings of both the Policemen and innocent citizens in bank robberies, in spite of not identifying one probable cause of the countless slaughtering of innocent citizens in the Jos carnage, despite not having solved ANY of the high profile murder cases of assasinations since May 1999, the top priority is to hunt down one of their own.

i'm impressed. with a farce like this, who needs armed robbers in Nigeria?

hunt Ribadu and many more will rise. God bless NIGERIA!!!

http://adeolakayode.com/2008/11/25/the-many-regrets-of-nuhu-ribadu/
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by idiopathic: 8:55pm On Dec 23, 2008
Fellow nairalanders, don't be outraged by crea8tivity's comments.
She keeps advancing different reasons for her hatred for Mallam Ribadu. You guys must understand that the corrupt Oligarch's in nigeria are very smart and extremely ambitious.
They know the power of the media in changing public opinion and have virtually bought over all the newspapers in nigeria. That is why most of the news from the media have been very soft on Yaradua and his corrupt friends.
They are currently doing everything in their power to clamp down on online sites such as elendu reports, sahara reporters amongst others.

So, don't be suprised when their paid agents scour the internet under different usernames, trying very hard to fool us and thus, changing public opinion.
I am sure, they would always be outnumbered by the majority of nigerians who have a conscience and can think and analyse events for themselves.
Keep your comments comming, it doesn't matter, even if you can't match the the frequency of crea8tivity. She is paid per negative comment on Ribadu and other perceived enemies of the cabal and her friends.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by komekn(m): 8:56pm On Dec 23, 2008
cre8tivity, once again your propositions lack substance and your rationality defies natural justice and the standard of the reasonable man. It is now gross indiscipline to seek redress for injustice, I guess in your book.

What we have seen over the past twelve months of blatant shameless and manipulative deceit by the Yaradua regime, culminating in Ribadu's dismissal has been clearly orchestrated i am sure in the secret and open meetings of the powerfully corrupt that we call our leaders,  months and months ago. Study leave to demotion, demotion to dismissal, WHO IS FOOLING WHO.  

I guess Ibori, Igbenedion and the like will be popping champagne tonight and for a few nights to come.

The disheartening thing is that there is a lot more to come,that is deceit, lies and corrupt manipulations, lets just weep and then pray for our country.    sad shocked sad shocked sad shocked sad shocked sad shocked sad shocked sad shocked sad shocked sad shocked shocked sad shocked sad shocked sad shocked sad shocked sad shocked sad
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by PAPABOMBOY: 8:59pm On Dec 23, 2008
Maybe dat nah the reason why some of the people wey dey support Ribadu dismissal only get a few post on nairaland.

OLOSHI DEM. grin grin grin grin
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by maxell(f): 9:04pm On Dec 23, 2008
About 500 people were killed in the Jos massacre - nothing has been done about this

Bank robberies all over the place - nothing has been done about that

The reverse of the sale of Ajaokuta Steel plant - what is the status of it ?

The reverse of the sale of Nitel - what is the status of this ?

The only accomplishment of Yar'adua in 2008 is the persecuting and dismissal of Ribadu from office.

Congratulations !!!  Thanks for improving the lot of 150 million Nigerians !!
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by cre8tivity(f): 9:08pm On Dec 23, 2008
God, see me see trouble, you people are now turning against me. this is not the way. i wasn't responsible for the demotion or dismissal. my only problem with ribadu was intentionally and boldly disobeying the rule of law. if you don't believe me, please start a topic on one of the thieves and see how it would be handled. nobody is above the law, if only 40% of nigerians could have similar state of mind, nigeria as a nation would be a better place for all of us. you can not buy me and my love for democracy will be forever. a man that feels is bigger than the nation must be brought down on his knees. that is the standard code.
we are all nigerians before anything else. adedibu got away with fooling around with the rule of law, and ibadan people are still paying till today. a great citizen must obey the law regardless of what may be going on. an american soldier that lost both legs fighting for his country must still come back home to obey the rule of law just like the rest of the citizens. ribadu was just an ordinary out of control police officer, his wings needed to be clipped.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by dayokanu(m): 9:10pm On Dec 23, 2008
Ribadu was selective but attitudes "changed". People were afraid of stealing (or getting caught). In the present administration, we all know that corruption has increased way above when Ribadu was EFCC boss.

People were afraid yet $16b was used to purchase darkness,

Billions was used to construst pot holes.

Anenih got richer, Fani Kayode, Bode George, Andy Uba were afraid to steal?

Gbenga Obasanjo, Iyabo Obasanjo they were all afraid. Billion for presidential library.

The looting of OBJ and his cohort makes Abacha look like God sent!!
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by tharma(f): 9:13pm On Dec 23, 2008
cre8tivity:

God, see me see trouble, you people are now turning against me. this is not the way. i wasn't responsible for the demotion or dismissal. my only problem with ribadu was intentionally and boldly disobeying the rule of law. if you don't believe me, please start a topic on one of the thieves and see how it would be handled. nobody is above the law, if only 40% of nigerians could have similar state of mind, nigeria as a nation would be a better place for all of us. you can not buy me and my love for democracy will be forever. a man that feels is bigger than the nation must be brought down on his knees. that is the standard code.
we are all nigerians before anything else. adedibu got away with fooling around with the rule of law, and ibadan people are still paying till today. a great citizen must obey the law regardless of what may be going on. an american soldier that lost both legs fighting for his country must still come back home to obey the rule of law just like the rest of the citizens. ribadu was just an ordinary out of control police officer, his wings needed to be clipped.

But since the very day u register on Nairaland, u only contribute in Ribadu case. I have noticed u for quite a long time. That was y, I told u ealier that u might perharps be James Ibori or somebody related to him when u had only 20something post against ur name.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by cre8tivity(f): 9:14pm On Dec 23, 2008
dayokano, good point. and if you say something, it means your father is an ex governor. nigerians just don't get it. they prefer 140m rules and regulations for each citizens. what a sad group of people.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by cre8tivity(f): 9:19pm On Dec 23, 2008
why don't you test me by starting a topic on ibori.
i may be too aggressive on this topic, may be because i'm very close to what really went down during obasojo's tenure. i'm not related to any ex governor, in fact they all could go straight to hell. a true nigerian should be against stupidity.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by maxell(f): 9:20pm On Dec 23, 2008

People were afraid yet $16b was used to purchase darkness,

The figure is between $4b and $5b and not $16b. Stop amplifying Yar'adua's propaganda please.

Geregu, papalanto. Alaoji and Omotosho plants were not there before 1999. Bayelsa state was not connected
to the power grid before 1999. These were built by Obj.

If Yar'adua had followed up with the completion of gas turbines to the plants and stop going after Ribadu, Nigeria's
power situation would have improved today.
Re: Mallam Ribadu Dismissed From The Police! by tharma(f): 9:20pm On Dec 23, 2008
cre8tivity:

dayokano, good point. and if you say something, it means your father is an ex governor. nigerians just don't get it. they prefer 140m rules and regulations for each citizens. what a sad group of people.

Do you know that if if was in a place where there is rule of law, today the IG and all the senior police officers will have resigned? Within the last one month how many bank robberies have we read in Nigerian Newspapers. How many have we witnessed. We even had a war in Jos but nobody cares how incompetent the IG and all his DIGs are. Is it the same peopel that have not being ablet to stop corruption within the police force will come and tell us that Ribadu have not followed orders? Order ni, Ordern banza.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Jonathan, Sambo To Spend N4 Billion On Food, Travels In 2015 / I’ll Perform Better In My Second Term If Re-Elected - President Jonathan Assures / EFCC Charges Dasuki And Dokpesi To Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.