Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,693 members, 7,816,833 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:14 PM

FG Will Pay Fuel Subsidy For 40 Days – Alison Madueke - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Will Pay Fuel Subsidy For 40 Days – Alison Madueke (25526 Views)

Approval Of Subsidy For Fuel, Buhari Declares Himself A Fraud? / Diezani Alison-madueke’s Neighbours Relieved / Jonathan Ordered Me To Withdraw $2bn From ECA To Pay Fuel Subsidy – Okonjo-iweal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Will Pay Fuel Subsidy For 40 Days – Alison Madueke by Nobody: 9:39am On Jan 24, 2015
hedonistic:

This must be a joke. If this is true, then there is no greater argument against the removal of subsidy than this. Global crude oil prices have crashed, and it is expected that every product derived from crude oil (including diesel) should also witness significant price reductions. If the minister claims that the price of diesel remains high because of "market forces" then that means that a cartel - not "market forces" - decides the price of petroleum products in Nigeria.

So if fuel subsidies are removed tomorrow, Nigerians may never enjoy the benefits of lower fuel prices no matter how low crude oil prices crash. The fuel marketers would simply constitute themselves into a cartel and endlessly rip off consumers in the name of "open market". We don't want that.

Subsidies must remain until sanity is restored in the downstream sector.

Interesting post. I had also expressed concerns over this issue in this thread: https://www.nairaland.com/2101095/why-hasnt-price-diesel-fallen

I still think subsidy will need to be removed eventually. The key issue, if we had a responsible government, would be how to prevent the petrol marketers from forming a cartel to exploit Nigerians. If the DPR were doing its job, the marketers would have a maximum profit margin limit placed on their products, such that any decrease in the price of crude oil would translate to a decrease in fuel prices. Instead what they would do (and have been doing, in the case of diesel) is to increase their profit margins and retain retail price at the same level.

Sad.

1 Like

Re: FG Will Pay Fuel Subsidy For 40 Days – Alison Madueke by annurhaske(m): 9:42am On Jan 24, 2015
U should finish ur dabaru
#gmb2015
Re: FG Will Pay Fuel Subsidy For 40 Days – Alison Madueke by muraj1(m): 9:44am On Jan 24, 2015
upcrown2512:
MY PASSION! MY COUNTRY ! MY NIGERIA

WHOSOEVER GOD HAS CHOSEN.
USE ALL THINGS AGAINST HIM, IT' LL NOT STAND.
SAMUEL TOLD SAUL, THAT HIS REIGNS HAS BEEN DOOMED. FOR HIM TO REPENT HE WAS AFTER WHO GOD HAS CHOSEN.
CHECK IT OUT. I PERSONALLY CAMPAIGN FOR GEJ IN 2011.

THE TRUTH.

WHERE ARE WE TODAY?

GEJ IS A PRESIDENT OF ASARI, SOUTH SOUTH, ETHNICITY, TRIBAL, CORRUPTION, INSECURITY

MAY BE MY BROTHERS HAS FORGOT THAT PDP HAS FAILED FOR THE PAST TEN YEARS (1999~2011)

MY EXPECTATIONS AS NIGERIAN THEN IS. OH HERE COMES A MAN THAT WE RIGHT THE WRONG OF PDP.

WHAT HAPPENED?
HE ABSOLUTELY MISSED IT.

FACTS.
I IMAGINE IF THERE IS A TREAT IN SOUTHWEST IN NEAREST FUTURE WITH THIS TYPE OF GOVERNMENT. HAAA ! ! ! !

IMAGINE WHEN STEALING IS NOT A CORRUPTION. OH OO

IMAGINE A PROMISED OF TWO REFINERIES SINCE FOUR YEARS.

IMAGINE A GOVERNMENT WITHOUT A SINGLE COMMISSION IN SOUTHWEST EXCEPT LAGOS IBADAN EXPRESS WHICH IS AT SLOW PACE.

IMAGINE GOVERNMENT LAUNDERING MONEY TO OTHER COUNTRIES AND TELLING CITIZENS TO GO CASHLESS.

IMAGINE WHEN 16 IS MORE THAN 19.

IMAGINE WHEN OBJ CONFIRMED IN LETTER IS VERY HARD TO BELIEVE......?

IMAGINE EKWEME SAYING THIS IS NOT THE PDP WE DREAM UNDER THIS SAME GEJ.

IMAGINE THE DIVISION BETWEEN ETHNIC AND RELIGION THAT IS GETTING WIDER ON DAILY BASIS.

IMAGINE THAT IT TAKES NO TIME FOR GEJ (NIGER DELTA) BOYS TO PROCURE ARM (WAR SHIPS) BUT ITS TAKING ETERNITY FOR NIGERIAN ARMY TO PROCURE ARM.

MY RECOMMENDATION (PERSONAL) SINCE PDP HAS FAILED AND GEJ HAS MADE THINGS WORST.
LET GIVE ANOTHER PEOPLE A BENEFIT OF DOUBT WITHOUT:
SENTIMENT
HATRED
RELIGION
TRIBAL OR ETHNICITY
LIES
FAVORITISM
NEPOTISM (NA MY BROTHER)

REMEMBER THERE IS NO PROSPERITY WITHOUT SECURITY.

IF WE CONTINUE LIKE THIS FOR THE NEXT FOUR YEARS. THEN NIGERIA AND NIGERIAN WILL BE LIST FOR SALE LIKE (MOBUTU SESE SECO) OF DR CONGO.

STAND UP FOR BETTER NIGERIA.
STAND UP FOR CHANGE.
VOTE COMPETENT.
VOTE GMB AND PYO.

Do you need Car Inverters, Rechargeable Clippers, Alarm Padlocks, Security Gadgets, Wrist watches and so on. Order online and pay cash on delivery @ your door-step.

Go to konga.com/muraj
Re: FG Will Pay Fuel Subsidy For 40 Days – Alison Madueke by fydence: 9:46am On Jan 24, 2015
noblezone:

What exactly did you folks understood from what you read?

The woman simply said prices did not come down immediately because there were already some quantities of fuel in stock and needed to be sold before the price adjustments. These old stocks has an estimate of about 40 days before they are cleared.

What happened to simple comprehension?
Nor mind them, them no get 'cerpitikate fafer'

1 Like

Re: FG Will Pay Fuel Subsidy For 40 Days – Alison Madueke by infohenry(m): 9:53am On Jan 24, 2015
ogene007:

Part of the change Buhari will bring to you is to permit his co- fulani cattle rearers to settle on every part of the country, graze their cattle on any farmland, get away with violence against the original occupants and owners of the land, and over time, build their mosques right beside your churches, and eventually have an emir appointed for them in your state. To cap up the Islamization process, the fulanis will eventually agitate for the implementation of sharia across all those states they have settled over the years, of which the 1999 constitution permits them. They will start with the bullshit argument that the sharia is only for Moslems, but their sharia police will redefine 'freedom' for you at the end of the day. This project is planned for the next 30 years, with Buhari only serving to wrest power as the first in a long line of Jihadist Rulers of Nigeria, as part of the new centenary (100 years), which kicks of from 2015. It is pertinent for the gullible Christians who are queuing up behind Buhari to note that they are playing a dangerous game the the future of their faith, they want to use their own hands to ensure that they are the last Nigerian christians, God forbid. The National Assembly already has a bill before it, which proposes to set up grazing lands for the fulanis, across the entire country, so for those of you who will come with your moronic and deluded arguments that Buhari cannot Islamize Nigeria, just know that the Islamization project is a already on. Good students of history ought to learn from what happened to Lebanon, to see how a 99.75% Christian country became a 98% Islamic country within just three decades. Palestinian liberation organization (PLO) and Hezbollah coupled with the naïvety of the then Lebanese Christians, made it happen, just like Boko haram and the naïvety of some present day Nigerian Christians, including pastors, bishops, GOs and floor members, are trying to make it happen in Nigeria. It is important that political Islam which is what Buhari and his co-Islamists stand for, is thrown away into the dust bin of history, with the Nigerian constitution amended to ensure that their is no ambiguity as to the secularity of the country. The freedom of worship, which is part and parcel of a free society is non-negotiable, and any attempt to move us away from that must be fully resisted. This is a clarion call to all lovers of a truly free Nigerian society to queue up behind the candidacy of GEJ, because he remains the best option in leading Nigeria in this new centenary. GEJ till 2019
one word "NONSENSE"

1 Like

Re: FG Will Pay Fuel Subsidy For 40 Days – Alison Madueke by jayyem(m): 9:54am On Jan 24, 2015
noblezone:

The woman simply said prices did not come down immediately because there were already some quantities of fuel in stock and needed to be sold before the price adjustments. These old stocks has an estimate of about 40 days before they are cleared.

When there is an increase, will they wait for the old stock to be fully sold out before pump prices are adjusted at the filling stations...you've got to think the other way round when commenting on some issues in Nigeria so as not to be caught in the middle.

1 Like

Re: FG Will Pay Fuel Subsidy For 40 Days – Alison Madueke by sammyj: 10:00am On Jan 24, 2015
Your opinion and i don't have time to start exchanging words with you !!!! grin
ogene007:

Part of the change Buhari will bring to you is to permit his co- fulani cattle rearers to settle on every part of the country, graze their cattle on any farmland, get away with violence against the original occupants and owners of the land, and over time, build their mosques right beside your churches, and eventually have an emir appointed for them in your state. To cap up the Islamization process, the fulanis will eventually agitate for the implementation of sharia across all those states they have settled over the years, of which the 1999 constitution permits them. They will start with the bullshit argument that the sharia is only for Moslems, but their sharia police will redefine 'freedom' for you at the end of the day. This project is planned for the next 30 years, with Buhari only serving to wrest power as the first in a long line of Jihadist Rulers of Nigeria, as part of the new centenary (100 years), which kicks of from 2015. It is pertinent for the gullible Christians who are queuing up behind Buhari to note that they are playing a dangerous game the the future of their faith, they want to use their own hands to ensure that they are the last Nigerian christians, God forbid. The National Assembly already has a bill before it, which proposes to set up grazing lands for the fulanis, across the entire country, so for those of you who will come with your moronic and deluded arguments that Buhari cannot Islamize Nigeria, just know that the Islamization project is a already on. Good students of history ought to learn from what happened to Lebanon, to see how a 99.75% Christian country became a 98% Islamic country within just three decades. Palestinian liberation organization (PLO) and Hezbollah coupled with the naïvety of the then Lebanese Christians, made it happen, just like Boko haram and the naïvety of some present day Nigerian Christians, including pastors, bishops, GOs and floor members, are trying to make it happen in Nigeria. It is important that political Islam which is what Buhari and his co-Islamists stand for, is thrown away into the dust bin of history, with the Nigerian constitution amended to ensure that their is no ambiguity as to the secularity of the country. The freedom of worship, which is part and parcel of a free society is non-negotiable, and any attempt to move us away from that must be fully resisted. This is a clarion call to all lovers of a truly free Nigerian society to queue up behind the candidacy of GEJ, because he remains the best option in leading Nigeria in this new centenary. GEJ till 2019
Re: FG Will Pay Fuel Subsidy For 40 Days – Alison Madueke by eightsin(m): 10:03am On Jan 24, 2015
this country's policies ain't straight forward.

1 Like

Re: FG Will Pay Fuel Subsidy For 40 Days – Alison Madueke by KanwuliaJara: 10:06am On Jan 24, 2015
The mango-mango continues! grin
One true pointer that GEJ IS A DUNCE!!!!
Sheer manipulation of fuel prices at the pumps for electoral gratification?
Unbelievable!!!!
Re: FG Will Pay Fuel Subsidy For 40 Days – Alison Madueke by popson1(m): 10:09am On Jan 24, 2015
obibankz:
GEJ till 2019, my vote goes to Nigeria must humble president ever
some goo
Re: FG Will Pay Fuel Subsidy For 40 Days – Alison Madueke by gists: 10:19am On Jan 24, 2015
outstandingjk:

That is if she is not wearing a water resistant make over. Trust me an o in self won't remove her blush self let alone swimming pool. She's beautiful sha
grin grin Then, in that case, I will go with IRON SPONGE to scrub it off grin grin
just kidding
Re: FG Will Pay Fuel Subsidy For 40 Days – Alison Madueke by pazienza(m): 10:19am On Jan 24, 2015
jemimaa01:
well we are nt in China, we are in nigeria and Nigeria is a multi ethnic country incase u dont remember,English is d only thing that wld work....so stop crying over spilled milk,and try and make ur present situation better..speak better English,it helps wink smiley cheesy

You should learn to write better, before advising others to do so.

Using nigeria for Nigeria, ur for your, nt for not, u for you, wld for would, etc, clearly show that you are not a meticulous person, and are not that great at written English.

It smacks of inferiority complex when Africans go about harassing each other over rules of written/spoken English language. I don't see the Germans, Italians, Portuguese, etc, dying over rules of English language.

1 Like

Re: FG Will Pay Fuel Subsidy For 40 Days – Alison Madueke by ToyinDipo(m): 10:21am On Jan 24, 2015
Assuming it was fuel price that shot up and they already had bulk of it in stock as it is the case now, are they going to pay FG the excess amount realized or compensate the citizens? These people...

1 Like

Re: FG Will Pay Fuel Subsidy For 40 Days – Alison Madueke by fabulous01(m): 10:22am On Jan 24, 2015
noblezone:

Seem u forgot! In u do let me remind u:

Wen d pump was increased from N65 to N144 and later back to N97....they did not consider marketers den.....no filling station rejected the outcome..not tot od old stock...if u were affected by d hike price den u wii understand my point... I won't say more than data.....am sorry for pocknoising to ur mata....

1 Like

Re: FG Will Pay Fuel Subsidy For 40 Days – Alison Madueke by pazienza(m): 10:27am On Jan 24, 2015
jayyem:

When there is an increase, will they wait for the old stock to be fully sold out before pump prices are adjusted at the filling stations...you've got to think the other way round when commenting on some issues in Nigeria so as not to be caught in the middle.

This is the truth. If there was an increase, they wouldn't wait for the old stock to be fully sold out before pump price increase.

Everything in this country is done upside down, it's depressing. No patriotism at all.

1 Like

Re: FG Will Pay Fuel Subsidy For 40 Days – Alison Madueke by otokx(m): 10:27am On Jan 24, 2015
I wish all nairalanders had voters card but wishes remain wishes.

1 Like

Re: FG Will Pay Fuel Subsidy For 40 Days – Alison Madueke by mustymatic(m): 10:34am On Jan 24, 2015
noblezone:

it's all nonsense bro, we're Nigerians, we know bullshit wen we hear em

1 Like

Re: FG Will Pay Fuel Subsidy For 40 Days – Alison Madueke by popson1(m): 10:36am On Jan 24, 2015
Some people are simply irredemably daft! How on earth will a sane person be chanting the praises of a veiled enemy whose sole motive is to destroy you?

A critical reassessment of GEJ's government vis -a-vis the indices of growth an development of any nation will unequivocally reveal that he's an enthroned blunder.

Change is what we need and the change we shall get.

Vote wisely, vote GMB.
Sai Buhari!
Re: FG Will Pay Fuel Subsidy For 40 Days – Alison Madueke by Nobody: 10:37am On Jan 24, 2015
bewla:
if only u no what they make of the incoming president u go try get ur certificate and not statement of result engres don kill una de form

Certificate?

No just worry yourself bro,
I have them!

Unfortunately I have never had any use of them.

1 Like

Re: FG Will Pay Fuel Subsidy For 40 Days – Alison Madueke by Enigmaesq(m): 10:55am On Jan 24, 2015
We just hope is not political ochestrated on that 40 days.
Re: FG Will Pay Fuel Subsidy For 40 Days – Alison Madueke by Nobody: 11:20am On Jan 24, 2015
dat9jaguy:

Bros sorry hehn,you being won form English prof but when you were called out concerning your grammatical errors
you come dey form 'English is not my language'.

He is right though....
English language speaking and writing ability is just that. Nothing special

It is actually a colonial construct
One of my pet peeves is when people judge others on their English "knowing" ability or inability

Just soo wrong
lipsrsealed
Re: FG Will Pay Fuel Subsidy For 40 Days – Alison Madueke by Nobody: 11:22am On Jan 24, 2015
pazienza:

You should learn to write better, before advising others to do so.

Using nigeria for Nigeria, ur for your, nt for not, u for you, wld for would, etc, clearly show that you are not a meticulous person, and are not that great at written English.

It smacks of inferiority complex when Africans go about harassing each other over rules of written/spoken English language. I don't see the Germans, Italians, Portuguese, etc, dying over rules of English language.

I would give you a high five if I could for your last statement!
Thank you!!!

My sentiments exactly

1 Like

Re: FG Will Pay Fuel Subsidy For 40 Days – Alison Madueke by fyneguy: 11:46am On Jan 24, 2015
noblezone:

When did prices start dropping? yesterday? 10 days? 1 month
Re: FG Will Pay Fuel Subsidy For 40 Days – Alison Madueke by Osode: 12:21pm On Jan 24, 2015
pekeyim:
I listened to this and to be honest with Nigerians. Two things are involved it is either the Government will remove subsidy completely as the Barrel is low, and allow the market to dictate it's price, when crude oil will increase.

Or the Government will stop subsidy for now, and when the market price of crude oil shoots up, we'll start subsidising again.

Oh... You actually read what the federal Minister said...
And even more surprising, you actualy understood it...
Oh Dats mpressv.
More shokingly, you are not among those who 'understood' that fuel will get back to 150n in 40 days !!!
Ahh, thats quite remarkable.
... On nairaland thesedays with all these tinumbu paid hacks this is really a rare compliment of a sharp mind.
Re: FG Will Pay Fuel Subsidy For 40 Days – Alison Madueke by Immune1(m): 12:22pm On Jan 24, 2015
i support the total removal of fuel subsidy........any new cartel cant maintain high profit margins for so long because you cant compare the demand for diesel and the demand for petrol.Diesel is mostly used by industries and volume transportation as opposed to petrol used majorly by passenger cars and domestic generators.If subsidy is out downstream operators will have to do much more than providing any low quality fuel.......the have to improve their petrol quality standards/burn off rate,improve on the quality of services provided at their stations etc. We will be seeing different kinds of market dynamics......but for the main time,petrol will remain expensive in high brow areas after the subsidy removal.
Re: FG Will Pay Fuel Subsidy For 40 Days – Alison Madueke by Osode: 12:41pm On Jan 24, 2015
noblezone:

Wow... You too, actually read what the federal Minister said...
And also surprisingly, you actualy understood it...
This is phenomenal.
You are not even interested in the womans (a sixty year old grand mother)'s water resistant make-up.
You're also not among those who 'understood' that fuel will get back to 150n in 40 days !!!
Ahh, thats quite remarkable. Thats two of you now, plus me, ...Wow
Quite impressive.
Re: FG Will Pay Fuel Subsidy For 40 Days – Alison Madueke by talktimi(m): 12:50pm On Jan 24, 2015
noblezone:

there's a reason why Musiwa calls people like these educated illiterates, please overlook their error since stupidity is not a disease

1 Like

Re: FG Will Pay Fuel Subsidy For 40 Days – Alison Madueke by pekeyim: 1:00pm On Jan 24, 2015
Osode:

Oh... You actually read what the federal Minister said...
And even more surprising, you actualy understood it...
Oh Dats mpressv.
More shokingly, you are not among those who 'understood' that fuel will get back to 150n in 40 days !!!
Ahh, thats quite remarkable.
... On nairaland thesedays with all these tinumbu paid hacks this is really a rare compliment of a sharp mind.

Well the interview was aired a few days ago on "RayPower" that was Why I used the word "Listened " but Of Course I also read through the post and I personally believe if the public is enlightened properly during this period, We can indeed remove subsidy and stop the corruption in the downstream sector of the petroleum industry.

I.e If the regulatory bodies will do their jobs effectively? That's another issue.
But from what we can see, with the price of Diesel I doubt if that can happen because of SELFISHNESS and GREED.

Thank You for the compliment! grin

2 Likes

Re: FG Will Pay Fuel Subsidy For 40 Days – Alison Madueke by Orikinla(m): 1:05pm On Jan 24, 2015
sincerenigerian:

Keep ranting about comprehension while you keep failing at writing proper English Language.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: FG Will Pay Fuel Subsidy For 40 Days – Alison Madueke by shaqhead: 1:05pm On Jan 24, 2015
dat9jaguy:

Bros sorry hehn,you being won form English prof but when you were called out concerning your grammatical errors
you come dey form 'English is not my language'.
Buhahhahahah....na where they lyk to hide b dt...som folks jst dnt kno where their bustop is. Write d one wey u sabi and if u get stuck, switch enter pidgin-like am givin u d mix.

I also called him out on some other thread where he wrote that the President should "invoke technology" to detect the forgery in GMB certs...haba invoke ke incantatn ni

3 Likes

Re: FG Will Pay Fuel Subsidy For 40 Days – Alison Madueke by gogodaye(m): 1:06pm On Jan 24, 2015
noblezone:

The best answer to your simple question is that basic knowledge is today a hard trait to find amongst the vast majority of heavily of folks parading certificates in Nigeria today.......

1 Like

Re: FG Will Pay Fuel Subsidy For 40 Days – Alison Madueke by tosmartak(m): 1:11pm On Jan 24, 2015
francizy:
This woman, I must confess, the only good thing about you is your pretty face which is full of deceit. Y'all keep flexing your authorities and keep on making the masses poorer. God will judge yall.

What's even so pretty about the face?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Jonathan Visits Shehu of Borno During PDP Campaign Rally in Maiduguri (Photos) / Ben Murray-bruce Mocks NCC On Data Hike In His Latest Tweet - See Reactions / PHOTOS: Flood In Kogi State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.