Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,676 members, 7,809,570 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:20 AM

Guys, Can You Get Married To A Lady From A Broken Home?(separated Or Divorced). - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Guys, Can You Get Married To A Lady From A Broken Home?(separated Or Divorced). (36658 Views)

Zimbabwean Woman Married To Another Woman For 3 Years Just Found Out (pic) / Nigerian Couple Reconcile 31 Years After They Divorced / Separated From My Husband And He Is Keeping My Children From Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Guys, Can You Get Married To A Lady From A Broken Home?(separated Or Divorced). by Shymm3x: 12:10pm On Sep 24, 2015
yetseyi:

Loool let "them" catch you I wont defend you at all.

Another assumption and I don't agree with you.

About your question what do you think? just guess.

Lol. Not taking shots. They know that is how Nigerians in diaspora are classified in everyday interaction in diaspora. Folks get along on the surface but that is where it ends - different mentality/outlook, experience, and knowledge scope.

It is not an assumption - that is the reality. Our outlook and behavioural pattern are influenced by what we were raised around. It is just basically like chics who grew up around dads who are supremely loving and successful. Subconsciously, they will always scheme for guys who are or have the same potentials, as their dads. That is what they will subconsciously be attracted to. Just like every guy out there will always be subconsciously attracted to chics who are like their mums.

Chics from broken homes are also always quick to drop that "you're just as useless as my dad" line. If that doesn't tell a story...I don't know what it represents. The truth is: as a guy you will spend most of ya time trying to prove to them that you are not anything like their dads, due to all the negativity their mums must have instilled in them. And that is pretty much hard work.

Err, you are from a broken home. You just need a guy with a lot of patience who can play the role of a dad/partner at the same time. Run as far as you can from knuckleheads like me looool. But you'd make a great mum though.

8 Likes

Re: Guys, Can You Get Married To A Lady From A Broken Home?(separated Or Divorced). by tpiander: 12:16pm On Sep 24, 2015
tpiander:

Just drop pictures of half na.ked women or transgenders on the thread and he and the other hypocrites will shut up.
Re: Guys, Can You Get Married To A Lady From A Broken Home?(separated Or Divorced). by Nobody: 12:17pm On Sep 24, 2015
Shymm3x:

He's right though. Most women broken homes are somewhat problematic due to the lack of father figure in their lives, whilst growing up. It's a mental thing and once they get with a guy - they automatically expect him to provide what's lacking.

I don't know how to explain it...but you have to be with one to know how messed up they're.

Not just the women. The men also are problematic. I am married to one. It's just so difficult to please them and to make tins worse. Each time we av a quarrel. And I say I am fed up of his character. His reply is you can leave if you wish too. Nothing can ever change him.

1 Like

Re: Guys, Can You Get Married To A Lady From A Broken Home?(separated Or Divorced). by yetseyi(f): 12:28pm On Sep 24, 2015
Shymm3x:

Lol. Not taking shots. They know that is how Nigerians in diaspora are classified in everyday interaction in diaspora. Folks get along on the surface but that is where it ends - different mentality/outlook, experience, and knowledge scope.

It is not an assumption - that is the reality. Our outlook and behavioural pattern are influenced by what we were raised around. It is just basically like chics who grew up around dads who are supremely loving and successful. Subconsciously, they will always scheme for guys who are or have the samepotentials, as their dads. That is what they will subconsciously be attracted to. Just like every guy out there will always be subconsciously attracted to chics who are like their mums.

Chics from broken homes are also always quick to drop that "you're just as useless as my dad" line. If that doesn't tell a story...I don't know what it represents. The truth is: as a guy you will spend most of ya time trying to prove to them that you are not anything like their dads, due to all the negativity their mums must have instilled in them. And that is pretty much hard work.

Err, you are from a broken home. You just need a guy with a lot of patience who can play the role of a dad/partner at the same time. Run as far as you can from knuckleheads like me looool. But you'd make a great mum though.

You didn't consider the situation of loosing ones dad while young. The home is broken right? Either way the child is fatherless. Who does she use as the role model since you say she would most likely lookout for someone like her dad. So whats the difference between a child from separated parents that are alive and separated parents due to death.

Loool at the you are just like my dad line.

I am not confirming or denying anything tongue

[quote author=Shymm3x post=38331893]
Re: Guys, Can You Get Married To A Lady From A Broken Home?(separated Or Divorced). by tpiander: 12:42pm On Sep 24, 2015
Shymm3x:

Chics from broken homes are also always quick to drop that "you're just as useless as my dad" line.

is that how you refer to your own dad? If your dad is useless then so are you.

No sane person addresses their father like that, shows a lot about you.

You just need a guy with a lot of patience who can play the role of a dad/partner at the same time.

bro, are you gay? You are placing a lot of emphasis on your fellow males, please turn to Jesus for deliverance.
Re: Guys, Can You Get Married To A Lady From A Broken Home?(separated Or Divorced). by tpiander: 12:42pm On Sep 24, 2015
yetseyi:

he has father issues which he tries to project on others.

go through all his posts- he almost never refers to his dad.
Re: Guys, Can You Get Married To A Lady From A Broken Home?(separated Or Divorced). by Shymm3x: 12:57pm On Sep 24, 2015
yetseyi:

You didn't consider the situation of loosing ones dad while young. The home is broken right? Either way the child is fatherless. Who does she use as the role model since you say she would most likely lookout for someone like her dad. So whats the difference between a child from separated parents that are alive and separated parents due to death.

I am not confirming or denying anything tongue

Now, folks who lost their dads are different cos all they will have are great/positive memories of him and they'll always lead their lives to make him proud. Even if they don't care, mums will always remind them. You can't even call that a "broken home" per se cos there won't be too much negativity there...though the father figure would still be missing. Dealing with chics from this background should be far easier than the ones from broken homes with bitter mums.

Looool. What happened to ya dad? Ijebu men are always faithful, though it seems they also like polygyny (an oxymoron but that is how they get down lool).

2 Likes

Re: Guys, Can You Get Married To A Lady From A Broken Home?(separated Or Divorced). by tpiander: 12:59pm On Sep 24, 2015
tpiander:

shymmex has father issues which he tries to project on others.

go through all his posts- he almost never refers to his dad.

got called out. undecided
Re: Guys, Can You Get Married To A Lady From A Broken Home?(separated Or Divorced). by Shymm3x: 12:59pm On Sep 24, 2015
tpiander:

is that how you refer to your own dad? If your dad is useless then so are you.

No sane person addresses their father like that, shows a lot about you.

bro, are you gay? You are placing a lot of emphasis on your fellow males, please turn to Jesus for deliverance.

Tilapia the broken record - who let you out of the asylum? Loool. Press the red button and ya carer should be there promptly to give you the care you need and enough dose of propofol.

You done lost ya already insane cotton picking mind.

2 Likes

Re: Guys, Can You Get Married To A Lady From A Broken Home?(separated Or Divorced). by tpiander: 1:00pm On Sep 24, 2015
Shymm3x:

my father is useless
Re: Guys, Can You Get Married To A Lady From A Broken Home?(separated Or Divorced). by yetseyi(f): 1:06pm On Sep 24, 2015
Shymm3x:

Now, folks who lost their dads are different cos all they will have are great/positive memories of him and they'll always lead their lives to make him proud. Even if they don't care, mums will always remind them. You can't even call that a "broken home" per se cos there won't be too much negativity there...though the father figure would still be missing. Dealing with chics from this background should be far easier than the ones from broken homes with bitter mums.

Looool. What happened to ya dad? Ijebu men are always faithful, though it seems they also like polygyny (an oxymoron but that is how they get down lool).

well I agree with your first sentence.

Nothing really.
Always is a very strong word same as never. Is faithfulness now associated with a particular ethnic group. Lool ooo a sizeable amount of Ijebus are muslims so that influences the plenty wives aspect to a reasonable extent.

2 Likes

Re: Guys, Can You Get Married To A Lady From A Broken Home?(separated Or Divorced). by yetseyi(f): 1:07pm On Sep 24, 2015
Shymm3x:

Tilapia the broken record - who let you out of the asylum? Loool. Press the red button and ya carer should be there promptly to give you the care you need and enough dose of propofol.

You done lost ya already insane cotton picking mind.

Let it go pls.
Re: Guys, Can You Get Married To A Lady From A Broken Home?(separated Or Divorced). by Shymm3x: 1:20pm On Sep 24, 2015
yetseyi:

well I agree with your first sentence.

Nothing really.
Always is a very strong word same as never. Is faithfulness now associated with a particular ethnic group. Lool ooo a sizeable amount of Ijebus are muslims so that influences the plenty wives aspect to a reasonable extent.

Nah, I was just speaking based on observation of those I'm always around since I'm Ijebu, hence I referenced that cos you're also Ijebu. I can't speak on other people and I'm not trying to compare.

It is just like me saying: most black folks like chicken; Indian homes always smell of curry; naija chics have attitude problems and most of them aren't good looking; Ghanaian homes always smell of fufu; black people can jump; Jamaican homes always smell of weed etc. That's like citing examples based on my reality and what I see everyday.

Looool. Yes, a lot of Ijebus are Muslims and there might be more Muslim Ijebus than Christians.
Re: Guys, Can You Get Married To A Lady From A Broken Home?(separated Or Divorced). by yetseyi(f): 1:40pm On Sep 24, 2015
Shymm3x:

Nah, I was just speaking based on observation of those I'm always around since I'm Ijebu, hence I referenced that cos you're also Ijebu. I can't speak on other people and I'm not trying to compare.

okay

Shymm3x:

[/b] naija chics have attitude problems and most of them aren't good looking; [b]

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry you know I wont let this go.

Shymm3x:

Looool. Yes, a lot of Ijebus are Muslims and there might be more Muslim Ijebus than Christians.

Its just that I don't have the stats I am almost certain we have more muslim-Ijebu than christains. You hardly find a purely christain extended family and a sizeable number among the christains were converted.( Ojude-Oba is on saturday I think)
Re: Guys, Can You Get Married To A Lady From A Broken Home?(separated Or Divorced). by braine(m): 9:00pm On Sep 24, 2015
No, I can not.

Her mother (who is most likely her role model) didn't do a good job at keeping her own marriage, what kind of advice do you want such mother to give the daughter??

If you look at broken homes, you'd realize that the woman's parents' home was broken too.

Thats how it usually works.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guys, Can You Get Married To A Lady From A Broken Home?(separated Or Divorced). by butterflyatalan: 9:00pm On Sep 24, 2015
Seriously? ? Am I meant to answer this question? ??
Re: Guys, Can You Get Married To A Lady From A Broken Home?(separated Or Divorced). by ronald4lif(m): 9:01pm On Sep 24, 2015
Why not and what's the problem with divorcee women?
Re: Guys, Can You Get Married To A Lady From A Broken Home?(separated Or Divorced). by kennynelcon(m): 9:02pm On Sep 24, 2015
No doubt, it has an effect... but what can man do?

1 Like

Re: Guys, Can You Get Married To A Lady From A Broken Home?(separated Or Divorced). by butterflyatalan: 9:02pm On Sep 24, 2015
Timbuktou:
It's a risky proposition. Most children from broken homes haven't been taught how to keep a relationship or home together and make one work; and most of them never bother to learn. E no dey hard dem to divorce at the slightest marital inconvenience or check out emotionally. They are usually biased against the estranged parent and the parent's gender due to one-sided accounts from custodial parents.

Anybody intending to marry a product of a broken home would do well to ensure due diligence in determining their marriage ideals and conflict resolution beliefs and methods.
Says who? Based on a study you conducted? Yea?
Re: Guys, Can You Get Married To A Lady From A Broken Home?(separated Or Divorced). by fpeter(f): 9:04pm On Sep 24, 2015
You're asking this in 2015 Like seriously is it a contagious disease or a hereditary curse?? What has the person's folk's business got to do with you
Re: Guys, Can You Get Married To A Lady From A Broken Home?(separated Or Divorced). by butterflyatalan: 9:05pm On Sep 24, 2015
This post literally broke my heart into tiny pieces. I'm not sure of how to react

1 Like

Re: Guys, Can You Get Married To A Lady From A Broken Home?(separated Or Divorced). by butterflyatalan: 9:06pm On Sep 24, 2015
I'm mortified, appalled, almost provoked. Not sure how to respond.

1 Like

Re: Guys, Can You Get Married To A Lady From A Broken Home?(separated Or Divorced). by akins56(m): 9:06pm On Sep 24, 2015
NifemiOlu:
No. I can't 'got maried' to her. Odikwa uncool.
Many of them are always on the defensive because of their experiences. I've dated a girl on the defensive, it's really demanding.
gbam!, i dated one, i stylishly broke up with her recently, everything i do, she'll be like, 'i know you are decieving me' she expects me to call her 3 times a day, if not, am not caring.

2 Likes

Re: Guys, Can You Get Married To A Lady From A Broken Home?(separated Or Divorced). by tolustx(m): 9:07pm On Sep 24, 2015
What kinda question is this?
Are they not human beings again?

Mtchew...

3 Likes

Re: Guys, Can You Get Married To A Lady From A Broken Home?(separated Or Divorced). by holwadamilolah(m): 9:07pm On Sep 24, 2015
My mom warn me so much about this Topic, I still don't know why, Anytime I bring up any topic about my gf jokingly, she's always serious about it.. Sha no b person go marry them.. #

1 Like

Re: Guys, Can You Get Married To A Lady From A Broken Home?(separated Or Divorced). by butterflyatalan: 9:08pm On Sep 24, 2015
Who are you to be in the position to ask such a question. Like the bible says, it's important to just ask for wisdom and understanding. Cause, some questions need them. Like.......:l
Re: Guys, Can You Get Married To A Lady From A Broken Home?(separated Or Divorced). by therapistmrs: 9:10pm On Sep 24, 2015
I don't think thats relevant when choosing your partner because we all don't have control in choosing our family nor what happens between our parents.all the best.
therapistmrs..com

3 Likes

Re: Guys, Can You Get Married To A Lady From A Broken Home?(separated Or Divorced). by zikmarty: 9:10pm On Sep 24, 2015
Absolutely,that she's from a broken home doesn't make her less human or morally impair.

2 Likes

Re: Guys, Can You Get Married To A Lady From A Broken Home?(separated Or Divorced). by butterflyatalan: 9:10pm On Sep 24, 2015
Ok, all I will say is rhat, I hope and pray that your children will not be in the position of which you're asking. The devil break homes. Not people. He only uses people. Now If you're gonna blame innocent ladies for the devil's work, God will question you!

1 Like

Re: Guys, Can You Get Married To A Lady From A Broken Home?(separated Or Divorced). by bluecircle470: 9:11pm On Sep 24, 2015
My answer is simply YES cos i see nothing wrong in it so far love n understanding is involve. Being separated or divorce is nt a crime so long it conform to ryt directive or scriptural.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Guys, Can You Get Married To A Lady From A Broken Home?(separated Or Divorced). by butterflyatalan: 9:12pm On Sep 24, 2015
akins56:
gbam!, i dated one, i stylishly broke up with her recently, everything i do, she'll be like, 'i know you are decieving me' she expects me to call her 3 times a day, if not, am not caring.
It is poor and wrong for you to judge a whole jungle, based on one experience with tiger. Not right, man.

2 Likes

Re: Guys, Can You Get Married To A Lady From A Broken Home?(separated Or Divorced). by olajorn(m): 9:13pm On Sep 24, 2015
Why not?...tell me one bad thing about that

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Ethnicity Difference: Should I Stay Or Just Move On Already?? / Man Seeks Divorce Because Wife Ran Mad After Extra-marital Affair / Nigerian Man Drops Bundles Of 100 Dollar Bills For His Child To Play With.Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.