Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,746 members, 7,817,059 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

Letter To Bishop Oyedepo: Thou Shall Serve No Other God, By Adeolu Ademoyo - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Letter To Bishop Oyedepo: Thou Shall Serve No Other God, By Adeolu Ademoyo (33830 Views)

No Other God Or Allah But Your Conscience / Vanguard Newspaper Apologises To Bishop Oyedepo Of Winners' Chapel / Ismail Haruna Converts To Muslim: Ex-Driver To Bishop David Abioye Of Winners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Letter To Bishop Oyedepo: Thou Shall Serve No Other God, By Adeolu Ademoyo by zurine(f): 4:08pm On Feb 04, 2015
Op, give your self some brains, Nigeria has been greatly destroyed ny past military heads of state before uncle Joe ever came into politics. Bishop Oyedepo has been on the front line praying for the peace and stability of our dear nation. You have never for once made any sacrifice for this nation other than to speak evil of what the president does. it is one of the core duties of a responsible christian to pray for the leaders of their nation, and there is nothing wrong with it. No Imam will ever go to the mosque and tell his congregation to pray for a christian leader to emerge in an electoral race between one of his flock and a christian. Oga, Use ya brains.

2 Likes

Re: Letter To Bishop Oyedepo: Thou Shall Serve No Other God, By Adeolu Ademoyo by muzzol: 4:14pm On Feb 04, 2015
sbaks:
PLS GO AWAY! We don't want pseudo christians anymore. They paved way for the destruction of christianity in the middle-east. We don't want them again. Please carry your kaya and GO. I think GOD would be satisfied with a few christians who will stand their ground and say yes! JESUS MUST REIGN! Than for multitudes who would sell their birth right for a bowl of porridge. I'd rather suffer when a christian is in power (so long he doesn't disrupt my relationship with my God) than for me to vote for someone who would make me feel like an outcast because of my relationship with GOD hence forcing me to change or i die? GOD FORBID! So long I have a relationship with my GOD, I can never suffer, I repeat, NEVER SUFFER

Its hypocritical that people like you who dont want to have any dealings with people of another faith spend more time on facebook and nairaland. Are you aware of the religious lining of the owners of these platforms? Meanwhile, the fighter for Christ, how many souls have you won for Christ this year? is that not the service of faith he gave to christians? Do you know what you and your likes are? Extremists. Christian version of Boko Haram.

1 Like

Re: Letter To Bishop Oyedepo: Thou Shall Serve No Other God, By Adeolu Ademoyo by Nobody: 4:17pm On Feb 04, 2015
JoBabs:

†he moral of †he letter is †o maintain †he incorruptible body of christ, not †hat †he christian leaders should be shielding †he corrupt leaders. Though we don'† know nothing αbou† †heir conversation, I mean Jonathan and Oyedepo, Adeboye, he might have appologised and asked for forgiveness but can/have we masses forgiven/forgive him? For †he pains he inflicted on us. Jonathan is simply like Cain who has been cursed by God, he shall not find rest, he shall not find love before his people......

Before I, Joseph JoBabs can forgive Jonathan he has †o do †he needful, †hat is addressing †he public on how guilty he is on corruption, so †he Christian masses can forgive him. Cuz †his wasn'† Wђã† he promised †he masses, and †he Pastors have no authority/right †o forgive him for his attrocities he commited, he should be told †o go appologise †o †he affected Nigerians before †hey can suppor him simply with †heir votes. Cuz if na me go meet them say make them pray for me them go teLl me †o go do †he needful before †hey can pray for me, so †hey should be bold †o tell Jonathan †o do it. Believe me, should he win †hat election, †he corruption shall continue and would never end.
But Jonathan believe me, if u are reading †his or anyone close †o him is reading †his, Jonathan shall never find peace before God.

God Bless Nigeria....
are you GOD? Fine! He might have done wrong in the sight of our HOLY GOD, but abeg do you have a better option? What you should even be saying is that pastors should correct him in love. But to prefer an uncircumcised philistines who would rather trample on the message of CHRIST is rather disheartening. If you are in such a category then you CHRISTIANITY IS QUESTIONNABLE
Re: Letter To Bishop Oyedepo: Thou Shall Serve No Other God, By Adeolu Ademoyo by ogggy: 4:17pm On Feb 04, 2015
Dear impostor Adeolu Ademoyo, u're clueless & ur accusations baseless. Dr. Oyedepo never said nor did anything dat resembles dis nonsense u vomited.

Ur judgment is foul; ur interpretation of 2Peter 2:19 in relation to Dr. Oyedepo's action is accurately wrong. This very man (Oyedepo) is among d very few who have served d poor, d vulnerable, d broken, etc in d most unique & effective manner in dis country. So b4 u continue with ur irregular vibrations do ur homework properly.

...and in case u're looking for a flaw for which u would condemn d man of God, look harder....ur attack is a total failure!
Re: Letter To Bishop Oyedepo: Thou Shall Serve No Other God, By Adeolu Ademoyo by ibisko04: 4:19pm On Feb 04, 2015
IF THE CHURCH GET IT RIGHT, THE NATION WILL BE AT PEACE.
Re: Letter To Bishop Oyedepo: Thou Shall Serve No Other God, By Adeolu Ademoyo by babamadiba(m): 4:21pm On Feb 04, 2015
demelza:
God bless you too.
My pastor whom I respect so much has also bought into that OIC propaganda. Sunday was scheduled as a prayer for Nigeria service in order to prevent "non-christians" from attaining government seat. I was too mad I couldnt even stand up to pray, had to walk out at a point.
When I heard an elder whom I thought was cerebral and intelligent say he will still vote GEJ no matter how disappointed he was, the anger and sadness that washed over me is a feeling I dont want to experience again.
If Christianity means supporting mediocrity, then to hell with it.
a friend gave me a similar version of ur story on monday. Said she had to stand up cos of what people would say but didn't open her mouth to pray. She said some of her friends too did d same. It's such a shame.
Re: Letter To Bishop Oyedepo: Thou Shall Serve No Other God, By Adeolu Ademoyo by Immortality(m): 4:22pm On Feb 04, 2015
An ICT company dealing in the supply and maintenance of computers and telecommunication equipment, based in Ikeja Lagos requires energetic and creative marketer developers for immediate employment:

Requirements:

•Minimum qualification -BSC/HND in any discipline

•Good communication and interpersonal skills

•Not less than 30 years of age

•Ready to resume by first week of February 2015 with instant delivery

•Minimum of Four years cognate (ICT) experience.

•Report presentation skills.

•Basic computer appreciation skill

Qualified candidates should send their detailed resume with their name and Position applied for as the subject to the following email address: Career@egclimited-online.com
Re: Letter To Bishop Oyedepo: Thou Shall Serve No Other God, By Adeolu Ademoyo by Topgainer: 4:27pm On Feb 04, 2015
Soso990240:
Who told u its only God dat can Curse some one? Its a lie Bro.Try and Read ur bible carefully.
What are you practicing Christianity or Judaism? You are free to believe anything they teach you, however, the new testament remains the standard for Christians. Your pastor can twist the bible to polish his ego
Galatians 3:10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them. 3:11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith. 3:12 And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them. 3:13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree: 3:14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.
Anything outside of this is a SPELL

Matthew 5:38-48 prohibits a Christian from throwing curses here and there. There are other passages read and digest the above first
In addition, BokoHaram is already cursed not by Oyedepo who I said is not permitted to curse anybody not even his worst enemy Satan, BH by their holding onto the laws which are against law are in a position which in that line of thought, the curse is from God and the breaking of it can only come through the newness of life made available by faith in the once and only once atonement of Christ.

1 Like

Re: Letter To Bishop Oyedepo: Thou Shall Serve No Other God, By Adeolu Ademoyo by Nobody: 4:29pm On Feb 04, 2015
muzzol:

Its hypocritical that people like you who dont want to have any dealings with people of another faith spend more time on facebook and nairaland. Are you aware of the religious lining of the owners of these platforms? Meanwhile, the fighter for Christ, how many souls have you won for Christ this year? is that not the service of faith he gave to christians? Do you know what you and your likes are? Extremists. Christian version of Boko Haram.
you that you are not an hypocrite what are you doing on nairaland? Have you ever seen an extremist christian killing? And as for winning souls for CHRIST, I have won souls for him and he knows
Re: Letter To Bishop Oyedepo: Thou Shall Serve No Other God, By Adeolu Ademoyo by bbjummy: 4:30pm On Feb 04, 2015
adeA1:
Oyedepo has neva bn a man of God. Certainly the death of the man and the likes of him wll shock their followers. Noted

Be careful bros and Watch your mouth
Re: Letter To Bishop Oyedepo: Thou Shall Serve No Other God, By Adeolu Ademoyo by FRANKDUFF: 4:35pm On Feb 04, 2015
abeylevels:
Letter To Bishop Oyedepo: Thou Shall Serve No Other God, By Adeolu Ademoyo
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Bishop Oyedepo,

Based on the foundations of our faith in the Acts of the Apostles whereby as Christians we are urged by the living God to proclaim the Gospel with joy, great enthusiasm and minister to the poorest among us, I bring the word of God to you with respect to your decision to be part of the 2015 elections and what they hold for the poor and most vulnerable among us –the friends of our Lord Jesus, our Emmanuel-God among us.

Ordinarily, it ought to be presumed that as a Bishop of your Church that you are aware of this divine message, which rests on the divine unity of the Body Of Christ. But your recent decision which divided members of the Body of Christ in your Church-Winners Chapel, Ota, western Nigeria- when you openly asked them to pray for President Jonathan’s success at the polls, and, which led to the open resistance of your curious prayer point has justified this reminder.

The Incorruptible Body of Christ rests unmistakably on Joy To The World for that Joy To The World is at the core of His Word among us, which is at great risk given your embrace of the source of major corruption in the land-President Jonathan, who is the source of the misery, poverty, joblessness, un-employment of the poor and vulnerable who our Lord Jesus calls us to minister to and proclaim the joy of the Gospel to.

This message concerns the visit of President Jonathan to your church-Winners Chapel- at the thick of the 2015 campaign during your church’s third service on January 25. President Jonathan was in company of Mr. Jones Arogbofa his Chief of Staff and Mr. John Kenny Okpara Executive Secretary of Nigerian Christian Pilgrim Board.

Given the way our kind God is working for Change in Nigeria we have it on record that President Jonathan has been sending emissaries to some Pastors to pray for him meaning to pray against change. The information yet to be confirmed is that money is changing hands and the emissary in this transaction where money is being used in hot pursuit of Pastors and the Body of Christ is allegedly Mr. Okpara Secretary of Nigerian Christian Pilgrim Board.

Dear Pastor David Oyedepo, here is where you come in because you are one of these Pastors praying against Change in Nigeria. And this calls to question our call to serve the poor and most vulnerable among us by our God.

First, as a Bishop, you are expected to say the truth. As a Bishop, you are in the eye of the Nigerian Christian Community. Yes it is true that as Nigerians there are some of us Christians who can reconcile our Christian faith with corruption. There are some of us who in open disregard to the scriptures, which proclaim “They promise them freedom, but they themselves are slaves of corruption.
For whatever overcomes a person, to that he is enslaved. ” Peter 2:19 would force a false reconciliation of the Incorruptible Body of Christ, the scriptures with the insane corruption under the watch of President Goodluck Jonathan.

Regardless of this, you have the faith obligation to say the truth before Nigerian Christian Community whether you visited President Goodluck Jonathan, and whether you asked members of the Body of Christ in your church to pray for President Jonathan who has never been a friend of the Nigerian poor and the vulnerable. So Bishop, I have a simple question for you: did you visit President Jonathan, and did you ask your church members to pray for President Jonathan’s success at the polls?

If you did, did you visit with other brother Pastors? If so, who are these brother Pastors? What are their names? Who organized the visit? Nigerians know that your brother Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor of the Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria who is also supposed to be the president of Christian Association of Nigeria has sold CAN to President Jonathan as part of his campaign structure. Hence, we want to know if Pastor Ayo Oristejafor was part of this visit too.

Now these are what are in the pubic domain. Because the vast body of the laity across all Christian denominations of our faith who are closer to the street conditions of the poor in Nigeria have decided to defend the Incorruptible Body of Christ by distancing themselves from the corruption under President Jonathan, the president has panicked.

The president panicked because unmindful of the history of our nation, he has in a most divisive manner initially sold himself as “the Christian” candidate. That did not gain any traction among Nigerians and the Christian laity because President Jonathan’s regime seethes in corruption, and President Jonathan’s social and moral corruption stands in fundamental contradiction to the Incorruptible Body of Christ.

Hence, Nigerian Christian laity have decided to distance themselves from him in defense of the Incorruptible Body of Christ. This is because if someone is a Christian and he/she is going into politics, and he/she wants to put herself forward as a Christian, then such person must go into the roots of Christianity which is a service to the poor, the socially and economically broken, the lonely and the most vulnerable and socially disabled in our society.

This, the Christian-in-politics must do in defense of the Incorruptible Body of Christ. That is, we know a Christian candidate if there is one, and not the mere parroting that “I am a southerner then I am a Christian candidate” like President Jonathan is mistakenly doing in direct offense and antagonism to our individual Christian and moral consciences.

Sir, Bishop Oyedepo, a Christian candidate is not who is dubiously and on private, personal friendship basis anointed by the CAN president-Ayo Oritsejafor, a business man though a Pastor, whose role is transient and who like all of us mortals must account for his service and sins against the poor, before our God.

Rather, the Christian candidate is that who represents the “poor” roots of Christianity as a service to the broken and who then ministers to the spiritual needs of the poor as the poor is lifted out of poverty as we proclaim the Gospel with joy.

Thus a good Christian must run on an anti-corruption platform for the Body of our Christ is Incorruptible. Sir our faith is fundamentally irreconcilable to corruption. Because our anointment is an anointment to serve the poor ceaselessly without season, our anointment knows this.

Dear Bishop, I am not the one talking. It is a voice from the scriptures, which I commit to you thus “They promise them freedom, but they themselves are slaves of corruption. For whatever overcomes a person, to that he is enslaved. ” 2 Peter 2:19

But on the contrary, Pastor Oyedepo, sadly, you stated your position on the nature of our anointment. Against, 2 Peter 2: 19, Pastor David Oyedepo, you brought in President Jonathan-a corrupt symbol of the negation of the Incorruptible Body of Christ and therefore of our anointment.

Pastor Oyedepo, you chose to abandon the divine roots of Christianity which is service to the poor, the vulnerable, the broken, the lonely and the socially ignored in favor of the artificially “mighty” and possessor of the transient and finite in our lives.

Pastor Oyedepo, against the voice of the lonely, the broken, the ignored, the economically and socially invisible due to poverty, you chose to align with the transiently “powerful” the finite, the mortal, due to the transient “power” of Oil money.

Pastor Oyedepo I put it to you, due to your worship at the altar of the transient, gold, silver and oil, you divided members of your church. It will take the restorative nature of the mercy of God to restore unity. This is why we must see the end and exit of corruption in our society and lives.

For our God gave us a commandment brought down by Moses form the divine Mount, which says “Thou Shall Have No Other god beside me”. Pastor, do you still remember this? When you bow before oil money as you do, you have created other gods.

When you divide members of your church through intimidation as you do, you have created other gods. When you secretly worship at the Mount of Corruption as you do, you have created other gods.

When you look at the poor straight in the face and you say, “I do not care… I care only about my oil and the money it festoons me with” you have created other gods.

But Pastor at this holy hour, just before the decision remember the voice of the poor from the Nigerian streets. At this hour, there are no Christians, there are no Muslims; there is no young there is no old, there is no literate and there is no illiterate, there is no south, there is no north, there is no west, there is no east; you only have the poor and the transiently “mighty” it is one body, one soul, one divine voice reminding you of the “poor” roots of our faith of Christianity in the Acts of the Apostles and commandment handed over to us from generation to generation saying and beckoning “Thou Shall Have no other god before me… Thou shall serve no other god beside me…” This is the word of our Lord.

Dear Bishop David Oyedepo I leave you to your Christian conscience and the loving and kind hand of our God of Change who is ceaselessly patient and kind and who will welcome us and you anytime we change and return to HIM.

Yours in Christ.

Adeolu Ademoyo aaa54@cornell.edu Africana Studies and Research Center, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY.
Source: http://blogs.premiumtimesng.com/?p=166677
HYPOCRITE FOOOL. U FORGET TO ADD A VOTE FOR BUHARI IS A VOTE FOR SHACOW
Re: Letter To Bishop Oyedepo: Thou Shall Serve No Other God, By Adeolu Ademoyo by KingsalemV11: 4:40pm On Feb 04, 2015
demelza:
God bless you too.
My pastor whom I respect so much has also bought into that OIC propaganda. Sunday was scheduled as a prayer for Nigeria service in order to prevent "non-christians" from attaining government seat. I was too mad I couldnt even stand up to pray, had to walk out at a point.
When I heard an elder whom I thought was cerebral and intelligent say he will still vote GEJ no matter how disappointed he was, the anger and sadness that washed over me is a feeling I dont want to experience again.
If Christianity means supporting mediocrity, then to hell with it.
To Hell with Christianity? You don't disown your FAITH just because you feel some people disappointed your expectations. Except you were never saved. Christianity is not a fad but salvation that comes as a result of forgiveness of sin through Jesus Christ. It is life. If you have it, you don't need to throw it away just because your Pastor or one elder disappointed you.

2 Likes

Re: Letter To Bishop Oyedepo: Thou Shall Serve No Other God, By Adeolu Ademoyo by demelza: 4:43pm On Feb 04, 2015
KingsalemV11:
To Hell with Christianity? You don't disown your FAITH just because you feel some people disappointed your expectations. Except you were never saved. Christianity is not a fad but salvation that comes as a result of forgiveness of sin through Jesus Christ. It is life. If you have it, you don't need to throw it away just because your Pastor or one elder disappointed you.
You are right.
After posting, I realized how wrong that statement was, would blame it on my emotions. Had to shaperly ask for forgiveness from the Father.
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Letter To Bishop Oyedepo: Thou Shall Serve No Other God, By Adeolu Ademoyo by iykofias(m): 4:44pm On Feb 04, 2015
ddefoe:
Bishop Oyedepo is free to support any candidate of his choice based on his own convictions just as u are also free to support and canvass support for your candidate.that he choose to support a particular candidate does not warrant trying to cast him in a bad light.more so,u are not the spokesperson to the poor and therefore not in a position to say if the present govt has neglected them.what I found in ur article is a politically motivated and biased write up calculated to shore up sympathy for ur prefered candidate.my advise to u is simple.don't hide under religiopus cloak, ur a pure politician with obvious bias opinion
cn u imagine!
Pls stop trying hard to sound intelligent.
'u r not d spokeperson to the poor' really? Pls mention d name of d spokeperson for me
Re: Letter To Bishop Oyedepo: Thou Shall Serve No Other God, By Adeolu Ademoyo by bossOD: 4:45pm On Feb 04, 2015
I dont know where our right of expression is?

as far as i know, the Bishop has the right to vote who ever he likes, so is every one that believes in bauhari.

pls let us stop this politics of insulting and abusing people,

none of u have the right to judge the Bishop, even if he is wrong. let God judge his own savant.

you that is calling change up and down, how do u know that God is in support of it?

did God himself told u that the kind of change he want for nigeria will come from APC?

pls vote who ever u like and leave God's savant alone. dont carry a curse on ur self and ur family.

a word is enuf for the wise.

2 Likes

Re: Letter To Bishop Oyedepo: Thou Shall Serve No Other God, By Adeolu Ademoyo by JoBabs(m): 4:46pm On Feb 04, 2015
sbaks:
are you GOD? Fine! He might have done wrong in the sight of our HOLY GOD, but abeg do you have a better option? What you should even be saying is that pastors should correct him in love. But to prefer an uncircumcised philistines who would rather trample on the message of CHRIST is rather disheartening. If you are in such a category then you CHRISTIANITY IS QUESTIONNABLE

I'm not God, but †ha†'s Wђã† I'd simply do if in †hat condition. My Christianity might be questionnable but I ensure my integrity isn'† questionnable before man and God. Wђã† do u know αbou† Christianity? In Jerusalem, if u wanna climb mount Sinai you don'† clim in in broad daylight and u don'† climb it alone cuz of †he Arab and Jews who rob pilgrims of †heir pocessions, †hats an Holy Land for †hat matter ooo. Moreover religion shouldnt be brought into politics.

U talking αbou† correction, has he been corrected with love? Isn'† it †hat †hey are controversially seeking support for him. Le†'s face †he fact as a christian cuz CHRISTIANS are all followers of Christ, Jonathan has really failed Christians, while Obj who is a Christain was dere did we hear of any news †hat '†hey don'† wan† me †o contest for third term cuz I'm a Christian'. We have †o think as Nigerian. Would u say †he reason for ur Classmate's failure †o elect u as †heir class governor in 200L is due †o †he fact †hat u r a muslim?

God Bless Nigeria......
Re: Letter To Bishop Oyedepo: Thou Shall Serve No Other God, By Adeolu Ademoyo by eminent007(m): 4:48pm On Feb 04, 2015
my lips r sealed.

*listening from d roof top*
Re: Letter To Bishop Oyedepo: Thou Shall Serve No Other God, By Adeolu Ademoyo by ALISMILE(m): 4:48pm On Feb 04, 2015
linuxuser:
Sorry did you say.

Thank God you walked out of such a prayer meeting if not your sin would have been an hidereance to them because your word simply means you never knew christ in the first instance because if you do, you wont utter such a word like "then to hell with it" even in the midst of your highest provocation. Please go back to the cross. You surely have missed it.
Do u mean that if ur religion actually supports mediocrity u will continue to align wit it. U re openly admitting to be a religious bigot!
Re: Letter To Bishop Oyedepo: Thou Shall Serve No Other God, By Adeolu Ademoyo by beey2(m): 4:52pm On Feb 04, 2015
[quote author=zurine post=30423936]Op, give your self some brains, Nigeria has been greatly destroyed ny past military heads of state before uncle Joe ever came into politics. Bishop Oyedepo has been on the front line praying for the peace and stability of our dear nation. You have never for once made any sacrifice for this nation other than to speak evil of what the president does. it is one of the core duties of a responsible christian to pray for the leaders of their nation, and there is nothing wrong with it.

[size=8pt][b]I was in church (3rd service) on the day our President came to worship (God) and I can confirm to you that all the allegations made against our Bishop are baseless, nonsensical and riddled with no iota of truth.

He never asked anybody to vote for our President

To all christian on this forum lambasting our Bishop can you please honestly answer these questions:

1. Have you ever attended any of Bishop Oyedepo's church service/sermon/program?
2. Were you also in that service?
3. If no to (2) have you viewed it on you-tube?
4. Have you ever read any of his book or publication?
5. Could you have turned the Mr. President back if he had chosen to come to worship God at your church. Even Muslims and other religions would not turn him back if he so wish to worship with them?
6. If he comes to your church will you pray for him or not?

Kindly ponder on the truth of the above questions and let Almighty God be the judge.

Nevertheless, my support for GMB/PYO can never be overemphasize.

Drop pen (keyboard) and shut down computer system.

Peace out.[/b]

2 Likes

Re: Letter To Bishop Oyedepo: Thou Shall Serve No Other God, By Adeolu Ademoyo by Nobody: 4:53pm On Feb 04, 2015
JoBabs:

I'm not God, but †ha†'s Wђã† I'd simply do if in †hat condition. My Christianity might be questionnable but I ensure my integrity isn'† questionnable before man and God. Wђã† do u know αbou† Christianity? In Jerusalem, if u wanna climb mount Sinai you don'† clim in in broad daylight and u don'† climb it alone cuz of †he Arab and Jews who rob pilgrims of †heir pocessions, †hats an Holy Land for †hat matter ooo. Moreover religion shouldnt be brought into politics.

U talking αbou† correction, has he been corrected with love? Isn'† it †hat †hey are controversially seeking support for him. Le†'s face †he fact as a christian cuz CHRISTIANS are all followers of Christ, Jonathan has really failed Christians, while Obj who is a Christain was dere did we hear of any news †hat '†hey don'† wan† me †o contest for third term cuz I'm a Christian'. We have †o think as Nigerian. Would u say †he reason for ur Classmate's failure †o elect u as †heir class governor in 200L is due †o †he fact †hat u r a muslim?

God Bless Nigeria......
May GOD OPEN YOUR EYES IN JESUS CHRIST NAME. AMEN. Only if you were a victim of their extremism
Re: Letter To Bishop Oyedepo: Thou Shall Serve No Other God, By Adeolu Ademoyo by ooshinibos: 4:58pm On Feb 04, 2015
my only issue with GEJ is that he holds the highest number of christians that got matyred or killed merciless in the islamic north of Nigeria during his tenure has a christian president , he should have used his power to protect the people he rules over even if he had to used contract mercenaries to silence those killers called boko haram .
i have noticed when christians come to power they lose their thinking skills and messed up bad ..for example ..all the progress we see in the lagos state where done by moderate muslim governor either military or civilian.
Re: Letter To Bishop Oyedepo: Thou Shall Serve No Other God, By Adeolu Ademoyo by sheymoni(m): 4:59pm On Feb 04, 2015
endymetrix:
and you that is talking, how many lives have you influenced this year. People are not foolish, and if they are not seeing results, they won't be following them. Start your own movement let's see who follows you.

You seriously need help. I follow God & not an ordinary man like oyedepo. The bible is my maual, I don't need to worship any pastor
Re: Letter To Bishop Oyedepo: Thou Shall Serve No Other God, By Adeolu Ademoyo by InglishTeechar(m): 5:02pm On Feb 04, 2015
abeylevels:
Letter To Bishop Oyedepo: Thou Shall Serve No Other God, By Adeolu Ademoyo
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Bishop Oyedepo,

Based on the foundations of our faith in the Acts of the Apostles whereby as Christians we are urged by the living God to proclaim the Gospel with joy, great enthusiasm and minister to the poorest among us, I bring the word of God to you with respect to your decision to be part of the 2015 elections and what they hold for the poor and most vulnerable among us –the friends of our Lord Jesus, our Emmanuel-God among us.

Ordinarily, it ought to be presumed that as a Bishop of your Church that you are aware of this divine message, which rests on the divine unity of the Body Of Christ. But your recent decision which divided members of the Body of Christ in your Church-Winners Chapel, Ota, western Nigeria- when you openly asked them to pray for President Jonathan’s success at the polls, and, which led to the open resistance of your curious prayer point has justified this reminder.

The Incorruptible Body of Christ rests unmistakably on Joy To The World for that Joy To The World is at the core of His Word among us, which is at great risk given your embrace of the source of major corruption in the land-President Jonathan, who is the source of the misery, poverty, joblessness, un-employment of the poor and vulnerable who our Lord Jesus calls us to minister to and proclaim the joy of the Gospel to.

This message concerns the visit of President Jonathan to your church-Winners Chapel- at the thick of the 2015 campaign during your church’s third service on January 25. President Jonathan was in company of Mr. Jones Arogbofa his Chief of Staff and Mr. John Kenny Okpara Executive Secretary of Nigerian Christian Pilgrim Board.

Given the way our kind God is working for Change in Nigeria we have it on record that President Jonathan has been sending emissaries to some Pastors to pray for him meaning to pray against change. The information yet to be confirmed is that money is changing hands and the emissary in this transaction where money is being used in hot pursuit of Pastors and the Body of Christ is allegedly Mr. Okpara Secretary of Nigerian Christian Pilgrim Board.

Dear Pastor David Oyedepo, here is where you come in because you are one of these Pastors praying against Change in Nigeria. And this calls to question our call to serve the poor and most vulnerable among us by our God.

First, as a Bishop, you are expected to say the truth. As a Bishop, you are in the eye of the Nigerian Christian Community. Yes it is true that as Nigerians there are some of us Christians who can reconcile our Christian faith with corruption. There are some of us who in open disregard to the scriptures, which proclaim “They promise them freedom, but they themselves are slaves of corruption.
For whatever overcomes a person, to that he is enslaved. ” Peter 2:19 would force a false reconciliation of the Incorruptible Body of Christ, the scriptures with the insane corruption under the watch of President Goodluck Jonathan.

Regardless of this, you have the faith obligation to say the truth before Nigerian Christian Community whether you visited President Goodluck Jonathan, and whether you asked members of the Body of Christ in your church to pray for President Jonathan who has never been a friend of the Nigerian poor and the vulnerable. So Bishop, I have a simple question for you: did you visit President Jonathan, and did you ask your church members to pray for President Jonathan’s success at the polls?

If you did, did you visit with other brother Pastors? If so, who are these brother Pastors? What are their names? Who organized the visit? Nigerians know that your brother Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor of the Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria who is also supposed to be the president of Christian Association of Nigeria has sold CAN to President Jonathan as part of his campaign structure. Hence, we want to know if Pastor Ayo Oristejafor was part of this visit too.

Now these are what are in the pubic domain. Because the vast body of the laity across all Christian denominations of our faith who are closer to the street conditions of the poor in Nigeria have decided to defend the Incorruptible Body of Christ by distancing themselves from the corruption under President Jonathan, the president has panicked.

The president panicked because unmindful of the history of our nation, he has in a most divisive manner initially sold himself as “the Christian” candidate. That did not gain any traction among Nigerians and the Christian laity because President Jonathan’s regime seethes in corruption, and President Jonathan’s social and moral corruption stands in fundamental contradiction to the Incorruptible Body of Christ.

Hence, Nigerian Christian laity have decided to distance themselves from him in defense of the Incorruptible Body of Christ. This is because if someone is a Christian and he/she is going into politics, and he/she wants to put herself forward as a Christian, then such person must go into the roots of Christianity which is a service to the poor, the socially and economically broken, the lonely and the most vulnerable and socially disabled in our society.

This, the Christian-in-politics must do in defense of the Incorruptible Body of Christ. That is, we know a Christian candidate if there is one, and not the mere parroting that “I am a southerner then I am a Christian candidate” like President Jonathan is mistakenly doing in direct offense and antagonism to our individual Christian and moral consciences.

Sir, Bishop Oyedepo, a Christian candidate is not who is dubiously and on private, personal friendship basis anointed by the CAN president-Ayo Oritsejafor, a business man though a Pastor, whose role is transient and who like all of us mortals must account for his service and sins against the poor, before our God.

Rather, the Christian candidate is that who represents the “poor” roots of Christianity as a service to the broken and who then ministers to the spiritual needs of the poor as the poor is lifted out of poverty as we proclaim the Gospel with joy.

Thus a good Christian must run on an anti-corruption platform for the Body of our Christ is Incorruptible. Sir our faith is fundamentally irreconcilable to corruption. Because our anointment is an anointment to serve the poor ceaselessly without season, our anointment knows this.

Dear Bishop, I am not the one talking. It is a voice from the scriptures, which I commit to you thus “They promise them freedom, but they themselves are slaves of corruption. For whatever overcomes a person, to that he is enslaved. ” 2 Peter 2:19

But on the contrary, Pastor Oyedepo, sadly, you stated your position on the nature of our anointment. Against, 2 Peter 2: 19, Pastor David Oyedepo, you brought in President Jonathan-a corrupt symbol of the negation of the Incorruptible Body of Christ and therefore of our anointment.

Pastor Oyedepo, you chose to abandon the divine roots of Christianity which is service to the poor, the vulnerable, the broken, the lonely and the socially ignored in favor of the artificially “mighty” and possessor of the transient and finite in our lives.

Pastor Oyedepo, against the voice of the lonely, the broken, the ignored, the economically and socially invisible due to poverty, you chose to align with the transiently “powerful” the finite, the mortal, due to the transient “power” of Oil money.

Pastor Oyedepo I put it to you, due to your worship at the altar of the transient, gold, silver and oil, you divided members of your church. It will take the restorative nature of the mercy of God to restore unity. This is why we must see the end and exit of corruption in our society and lives.

For our God gave us a commandment brought down by Moses form the divine Mount, which says “Thou Shall Have No Other god beside me”. Pastor, do you still remember this? When you bow before oil money as you do, you have created other gods.

When you divide members of your church through intimidation as you do, you have created other gods. When you secretly worship at the Mount of Corruption as you do, you have created other gods.

When you look at the poor straight in the face and you say, “I do not care… I care only about my oil and the money it festoons me with” you have created other gods.

But Pastor at this holy hour, just before the decision remember the voice of the poor from the Nigerian streets. At this hour, there are no Christians, there are no Muslims; there is no young there is no old, there is no literate and there is no illiterate, there is no south, there is no north, there is no west, there is no east; you only have the poor and the transiently “mighty” it is one body, one soul, one divine voice reminding you of the “poor” roots of our faith of Christianity in the Acts of the Apostles and commandment handed over to us from generation to generation saying and beckoning “Thou Shall Have no other god before me… Thou shall serve no other god beside me…” This is the word of our Lord.

Dear Bishop David Oyedepo I leave you to your Christian conscience and the loving and kind hand of our God of Change who is ceaselessly patient and kind and who will welcome us and you anytime we change and return to HIM.

Yours in Christ.

Adeolu Ademoyo aaa54@cornell.edu Africana Studies and Research Center, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY.
Source: http://blogs.premiumtimesng.com/?p=166677

If "The information yet to be confirmed" then why the long epistle...any tongue that call on the name of our lord Jesus christ in vain shall surely perish.

1 Like

Re: Letter To Bishop Oyedepo: Thou Shall Serve No Other God, By Adeolu Ademoyo by endymetrix(m): 5:03pm On Feb 04, 2015
sheymoni:

You seriously need help. I follow God & not an ordinary man like oyedepo. The bible is my maual, I don't need to worship any pastor
are you sure you follow GOD? What colour of cloth did HE put on today Keep on sounding spiritual and deceiving yourself. Look at the harsh word you used on pastors and you say you follow God. So God that instituted pastors and prophets is a Fool. When the israelites were following moses, does that mean they were not following God's instructions. Oga re-visit your bible. I guess you need greater and urgent help!

1 Like

Re: Letter To Bishop Oyedepo: Thou Shall Serve No Other God, By Adeolu Ademoyo by Toofan007: 5:07pm On Feb 04, 2015
Nice one. But to me personally it's needless because I don't need any Bishop or pastor to tell me who to vote. They can't even tell me how to pray or worship God. They ain't got no stranglehold on me, so I'm not obligated to obey them. So if they like they endorse anyone they want I'm not obligated to obey. Simple.
Re: Letter To Bishop Oyedepo: Thou Shall Serve No Other God, By Adeolu Ademoyo by Spaxon(f): 5:18pm On Feb 04, 2015
u guys beta leave OYEDEPO alone ......
Re: Letter To Bishop Oyedepo: Thou Shall Serve No Other God, By Adeolu Ademoyo by uchesino(m): 5:25pm On Feb 04, 2015
Trailblazer1:
Good
wot is gud abt dis crap eh FOOL
Re: Letter To Bishop Oyedepo: Thou Shall Serve No Other God, By Adeolu Ademoyo by Toofan007: 5:29pm On Feb 04, 2015
sbaks:

May GOD OPEN YOUR EYES IN JESUS CHRIST NAME. AMEN. Only if you were a victim of their extremism
so what happens when Jona finishes his tenure? Nigeria would cease to exist? All Christians would leave Nigeria? Bro, these guys are just hiding behind Christianity to hide their ineptitude. Do you think it was a only Christians that voted for him in 2011? Jona has disappointed people as the president for six years, that doesn't have anything to do with religious beliefs.
Re: Letter To Bishop Oyedepo: Thou Shall Serve No Other God, By Adeolu Ademoyo by Blazingsun: 5:30pm On Feb 04, 2015
Permit me to start a tread with these your comments about things to know
acidtalk:
Which Oyedepo?

Oyedepo the GATE KEEPER OF HELL? or

Oyedepo THE GUINESS WORLD RECORD SLAPPER THAT SLAPS INNOCENT CHILDREN? or

The Oyedepo who USES THE GULLIBILITY OF HIS SHEEPS TO MAKE HIMSELF THE RICHEST PASTOR IN THE WORLD? or

The Oyedepo whose university's architectural Aerial view of QUESTIONABLE AND SCARY CIRCUMSTANCE? or

The Oyedepo who named his school "CONVENANT" whereas my gullible Nigerian parents can't seem to think deep what covenant their children's destiny is signing with this man.

OYEDPO IS A FRAUD! CRIMINAL!! and NOT from God.

Can he still claim to preach the word of God if God takes away his entire "stolen" wealth?

MY PEOPLE ARE SHEEPS. THEY HAVE FORGOTTEN GOD GAVE THEM A BRAIN AND HEART SO THEY CAN CALL UNTO HIM DIRECTLY INSTEAD OF GOING THROUGH ANYONE. MOST PEOPLE TODAY FEAR THEIR PASTORS MORE THAN THEY FEAR GOD.

In other news:

THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW BEFORE FEBRUARY 14.

* POWER : The power situation of the country will NEVER improve if this government remains in power, as the money bags supporting this government are the sole importers of fuel and diesel and they make billions of naira in profit everyday by gaining from the epileptic power situation of the country.

* SECURITY : Billions are budgeted for security but yet nothing to show for it , especially in the North East of the country. Jonathan has politicized the military and made it equally Corrupt. The military, police, sss only flex their powers at the opposition and harmless citizens.

*YOUTH EMPOWERMENT: Sure P and the likes are money siphoners the government setup to siphon money. Those who needed to benefit from it aren't as every penny is being embezzled by the same government.

*TRANSPORTATION: Before you start pointing at the railways which is Jonathan's ONLY achievement, ask yourself if that is the same kind of coaches used in this present day world. Brazil, Czech, Venezuela, Mexico and others just resuscitated their rail transport and each country spent FAR LESS than what our government claimed to have spent and with a more modernized end product.

*ECONOMY: Nigeria's economy is SINKING SERIOUSLY. Whether you believe Charles Soludo, Sanusi Lamido, and other economist or not, the truth remains that an economy tsunami is about to take place in the coming months. Over 30% of government workers, banks, oil and gas, Marine, insurance, fund managers, manufacturing will be out of job in the next few months. Ngozi Iweala and others can twist figures and refute the truth as much as they can but the truth is about to unveil itself soon.

IF YOU AGREE JONATHAN EBELE AZIKIWE THE CLUESS DRUNKARD IS A THIEF AND WON'T RETURN TO ASO ROCK SIGNIFY HERE NOW WITH THE LIKE BUTTON.
Re: Letter To Bishop Oyedepo: Thou Shall Serve No Other God, By Adeolu Ademoyo by uchesino(m): 5:35pm On Feb 04, 2015
endymetrix:
Mr Right, you also failed it. It is spelt ''CURSE''. Based on the context of where it is used. So cure your errors b4 u cure someone else's...
gbam
Re: Letter To Bishop Oyedepo: Thou Shall Serve No Other God, By Adeolu Ademoyo by eprynce(m): 5:39pm On Feb 04, 2015
This op has based all his conclusions on what he has read in the mostly anti-Jonathan press from the comfort of his distant home away from home. So, your point holds no water. You cant claim to know more about how things go in Nigeria than Bishop Oyedepo and others like him. Winner's Chapel is a massive church and I bet you, it cant be run by mean men. Stop wishing for the mirage you call "change" from Buhari and his cohorts. They simply cant give it! Why? Because Buhari has not changed from the man we have known since 1984! Remember, you cannot give what you dont have!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Spirit Boyfriend/Girlfriend & Husband/Wife: How True? / The Day I Watched A Pastor’s Televised Healing Session(+pics) / Insecurity: Father Mbaka Absolves Buhari Of Blames

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.