Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,456 members, 7,812,401 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:46 PM

Letter To Bishop Oyedepo: Thou Shall Serve No Other God, By Adeolu Ademoyo - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Letter To Bishop Oyedepo: Thou Shall Serve No Other God, By Adeolu Ademoyo (33810 Views)

No Other God Or Allah But Your Conscience / Vanguard Newspaper Apologises To Bishop Oyedepo Of Winners' Chapel / Ismail Haruna Converts To Muslim: Ex-Driver To Bishop David Abioye Of Winners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Letter To Bishop Oyedepo: Thou Shall Serve No Other God, By Adeolu Ademoyo by iboman(m): 3:14pm On Feb 04, 2015
The right spelling cannot be [b][/b]cause. [left][/left]It should be curse.
Re: Letter To Bishop Oyedepo: Thou Shall Serve No Other God, By Adeolu Ademoyo by endymetrix(m): 3:15pm On Feb 04, 2015
Aren't we tired of this open letter nonsense What you wrote is Open-Text Book. Some of this critics would do worst things if they were operating at the capacity of Bishop Oyedepo. If God knew you would be a better Bishop Oyedepo, He would have installed you in that capacity. Let's leave these men of God alone and let the Almighty judge them Himself. You have not taken care of your little character flaws and weaknesses and you look into the life of a man who has positively imparted lives in millions. If you had respect, would you have written an open letter to a man who may not even find you qualified to be his personal driver!

Come to Nigeria and contribute your own ''Change Movement''

4 Likes

Re: Letter To Bishop Oyedepo: Thou Shall Serve No Other God, By Adeolu Ademoyo by EmoBoy(m): 3:15pm On Feb 04, 2015
Euckybaby:
Wish portion of the bible

Can't remember. Will post it when I have the time
Re: Letter To Bishop Oyedepo: Thou Shall Serve No Other God, By Adeolu Ademoyo by kazey123(m): 3:16pm On Feb 04, 2015
Every man will be held accountable for what they did.
Re: Letter To Bishop Oyedepo: Thou Shall Serve No Other God, By Adeolu Ademoyo by mrrock: 3:16pm On Feb 04, 2015
Buhari was the first politician that started mixing politics with religion. In 2003 while addressing his supporters in Kano Buhari said ''Muslims should only vote those who will promote Islam''.

Say NO to recycled leaders. Give the youths a chance. Details at https://www.nairaland.com/2128319/give-youths-chance-say-no

1 Like

Re: Letter To Bishop Oyedepo: Thou Shall Serve No Other God, By Adeolu Ademoyo by Bloggz74(m): 3:16pm On Feb 04, 2015
abeylevels:
Letter To Bishop Oyedepo: Thou Shall Serve No Other God, By Adeolu Ademoyo
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Bishop Oyedepo,

Based on the foundations of our faith in the Acts of the Apostles whereby as Christians we are urged by the living God to proclaim the Gospel with joy, great enthusiasm and minister to the poorest among us, I bring the word of God to you with respect to your decision to be part of the 2015 elections and what they hold for the poor and most vulnerable among us –the friends of our Lord Jesus, our Emmanuel-God among us.

Ordinarily, it ought to be presumed that as a Bishop of your Church that you are aware of this divine message, which rests on the divine unity of the Body Of Christ. But your recent decision which divided members of the Body of Christ in your Church-Winners Chapel, Ota, western Nigeria- when you openly asked them to pray for President Jonathan’s success at the polls, and, which led to the open resistance of your curious prayer point has justified this reminder.

The Incorruptible Body of Christ rests unmistakably on Joy To The World for that Joy To The World is at the core of His Word among us, which is at great risk given your embrace of the source of major corruption in the land-President Jonathan, who is the source of the misery, poverty, joblessness, un-employment of the poor and vulnerable who our Lord Jesus calls us to minister to and proclaim the joy of the Gospel to.

This message concerns the visit of President Jonathan to your church-Winners Chapel- at the thick of the 2015 campaign during your church’s third service on January 25. President Jonathan was in company of Mr. Jones Arogbofa his Chief of Staff and Mr. John Kenny Okpara Executive Secretary of Nigerian Christian Pilgrim Board.

Given the way our kind God is working for Change in Nigeria we have it on record that President Jonathan has been sending emissaries to some Pastors to pray for him meaning to pray against change. The information yet to be confirmed is that money is changing hands and the emissary in this transaction where money is being used in hot pursuit of Pastors and the Body of Christ is allegedly Mr. Okpara Secretary of Nigerian Christian Pilgrim Board.

Dear Pastor David Oyedepo, here is where you come in because you are one of these Pastors praying against Change in Nigeria. And this calls to question our call to serve the poor and most vulnerable among us by our God.

First, as a Bishop, you are expected to say the truth. As a Bishop, you are in the eye of the Nigerian Christian Community. Yes it is true that as Nigerians there are some of us Christians who can reconcile our Christian faith with corruption. There are some of us who in open disregard to the scriptures, which proclaim “They promise them freedom, but they themselves are slaves of corruption.
For whatever overcomes a person, to that he is enslaved. ” Peter 2:19 would force a false reconciliation of the Incorruptible Body of Christ, the scriptures with the insane corruption under the watch of President Goodluck Jonathan.

Regardless of this, you have the faith obligation to say the truth before Nigerian Christian Community whether you visited President Goodluck Jonathan, and whether you asked members of the Body of Christ in your church to pray for President Jonathan who has never been a friend of the Nigerian poor and the vulnerable. So Bishop, I have a simple question for you: did you visit President Jonathan, and did you ask your church members to pray for President Jonathan’s success at the polls?

If you did, did you visit with other brother Pastors? If so, who are these brother Pastors? What are their names? Who organized the visit? Nigerians know that your brother Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor of the Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria who is also supposed to be the president of Christian Association of Nigeria has sold CAN to President Jonathan as part of his campaign structure. Hence, we want to know if Pastor Ayo Oristejafor was part of this visit too.

Now these are what are in the pubic domain. Because the vast body of the laity across all Christian denominations of our faith who are closer to the street conditions of the poor in Nigeria have decided to defend the Incorruptible Body of Christ by distancing themselves from the corruption under President Jonathan, the president has panicked.

The president panicked because unmindful of the history of our nation, he has in a most divisive manner initially sold himself as “the Christian” candidate. That did not gain any traction among Nigerians and the Christian laity because President Jonathan’s regime seethes in corruption, and President Jonathan’s social and moral corruption stands in fundamental contradiction to the Incorruptible Body of Christ.

Hence, Nigerian Christian laity have decided to distance themselves from him in defense of the Incorruptible Body of Christ. This is because if someone is a Christian and he/she is going into politics, and he/she wants to put herself forward as a Christian, then such person must go into the roots of Christianity which is a service to the poor, the socially and economically broken, the lonely and the most vulnerable and socially disabled in our society.

This, the Christian-in-politics must do in defense of the Incorruptible Body of Christ. That is, we know a Christian candidate if there is one, and not the mere parroting that “I am a southerner then I am a Christian candidate” like President Jonathan is mistakenly doing in direct offense and antagonism to our individual Christian and moral consciences.

Sir, Bishop Oyedepo, a Christian candidate is not who is dubiously and on private, personal friendship basis anointed by the CAN president-Ayo Oritsejafor, a business man though a Pastor, whose role is transient and who like all of us mortals must account for his service and sins against the poor, before our God.

Rather, the Christian candidate is that who represents the “poor” roots of Christianity as a service to the broken and who then ministers to the spiritual needs of the poor as the poor is lifted out of poverty as we proclaim the Gospel with joy.

Thus a good Christian must run on an anti-corruption platform for the Body of our Christ is Incorruptible. Sir our faith is fundamentally irreconcilable to corruption. Because our anointment is an anointment to serve the poor ceaselessly without season, our anointment knows this.

Dear Bishop, I am not the one talking. It is a voice from the scriptures, which I commit to you thus “They promise them freedom, but they themselves are slaves of corruption. For whatever overcomes a person, to that he is enslaved. ” 2 Peter 2:19

But on the contrary, Pastor Oyedepo, sadly, you stated your position on the nature of our anointment. Against, 2 Peter 2: 19, Pastor David Oyedepo, you brought in President Jonathan-a corrupt symbol of the negation of the Incorruptible Body of Christ and therefore of our anointment.

Pastor Oyedepo, you chose to abandon the divine roots of Christianity which is service to the poor, the vulnerable, the broken, the lonely and the socially ignored in favor of the artificially “mighty” and possessor of the transient and finite in our lives.

Pastor Oyedepo, against the voice of the lonely, the broken, the ignored, the economically and socially invisible due to poverty, you chose to align with the transiently “powerful” the finite, the mortal, due to the transient “power” of Oil money.

Pastor Oyedepo I put it to you, due to your worship at the altar of the transient, gold, silver and oil, you divided members of your church. It will take the restorative nature of the mercy of God to restore unity. This is why we must see the end and exit of corruption in our society and lives.

For our God gave us a commandment brought down by Moses form the divine Mount, which says “Thou Shall Have No Other god beside me”. Pastor, do you still remember this? When you bow before oil money as you do, you have created other gods.

When you divide members of your church through intimidation as you do, you have created other gods. When you secretly worship at the Mount of Corruption as you do, you have created other gods.

When you look at the poor straight in the face and you say, “I do not care… I care only about my oil and the money it festoons me with” you have created other gods.

But Pastor at this holy hour, just before the decision remember the voice of the poor from the Nigerian streets. At this hour, there are no Christians, there are no Muslims; there is no young there is no old, there is no literate and there is no illiterate, there is no south, there is no north, there is no west, there is no east; you only have the poor and the transiently “mighty” it is one body, one soul, one divine voice reminding you of the “poor” roots of our faith of Christianity in the Acts of the Apostles and commandment handed over to us from generation to generation saying and beckoning “Thou Shall Have no other god before me… Thou shall serve no other god beside me…” This is the word of our Lord.

Dear Bishop David Oyedepo I leave you to your Christian conscience and the loving and kind hand of our God of Change who is ceaselessly patient and kind and who will welcome us and you anytime we change and return to HIM.

Yours in Christ.

Adeolu Ademoyo aaa54@cornell.edu Africana Studies and Research Center, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY.
Source: http://blogs.premiumtimesng.com/?p=166677

For mentioning the name of our Lord Jesus in ur senseless and biased write up may u be reminded that God is waiting and willing to forgive u. But u must appologise.
Change indeed!

1 Like

Re: Letter To Bishop Oyedepo: Thou Shall Serve No Other God, By Adeolu Ademoyo by micrep3030(m): 3:17pm On Feb 04, 2015
Ppl sud not take Dis things personal if am sporting anyone is my choice I support gej
Re: Letter To Bishop Oyedepo: Thou Shall Serve No Other God, By Adeolu Ademoyo by Uncletony(m): 3:18pm On Feb 04, 2015
LastProphet:
May God bless u OP, Oyedepo is not working in the best interest of the masses as usual but I can assure u none of his followers will see anything wrong with his openly compromised stance on the forthcoming election. He openly supports GEJ for monetary gains, and he is also envious of what Osinbajo will achieve for Redeem should he succeed. I have always observed that living faith church and the CAN always go against any pastor that tries to go into politics, they see it as a competition and instead of rallying to the person or silently disapprove, they actively work against the person. Only a blind and daft person will tell me that he dosent know that Osinbajo will be given maximum power by GMB to perform (GMB has always had strong deputies, go and research), so what Oyedepo is championing is a course that will bring down Osinbajo and Adeboye who has little knowledge of anything outside the Bible does not know. He has been convinced to also reject Osinbajo. All of them act on the conviction of some hopelessly false information GEJ has been passing round among pastors - about how OIC (organization of Islamic Countries) is trying to make Nigeria a muslim country and why he is the last hope of christians to ensure that dosent happen. I pity christians in this country

Since u are nt a christain why not just sharap!!. U dnt knw anything & u hav'nt been to any part of dis country apart from ur low life slump!. We will vote in jonathan weda muslims like it or not!!
Re: Letter To Bishop Oyedepo: Thou Shall Serve No Other God, By Adeolu Ademoyo by iboman(m): 3:18pm On Feb 04, 2015
LastProphet:

The right spelling is CAUSE! And however, it was a thought shared, the cause can only be on the perpetrator if my assumptions are true.
The right spelling cannot be 'cause' which is akin to because. The right spelling should rather be 'curse'
Re: Letter To Bishop Oyedepo: Thou Shall Serve No Other God, By Adeolu Ademoyo by tbaba1234: 3:18pm On Feb 04, 2015
sbaks:
AM I not just fed up with all these so-called open letters honestly? Abeg na who read everything? undecided
Christians are so gullible! Their gullibility paved way for their destruction in antioch, turkey, etc. Their gullibility may still destroy them in Nigeria. [b]Where have you ever seen an islamist support a christian?
You guys should open your eyes o.
Btw, are pastors not really supposed to interfere into politics? Who anointed Saul and David in the bible? Who was always advising David in the bible? I need answers. Thanks [/b]

@bolded

Obasanjo is a christian and won many majority muslim states.

Jonathan won Kwara in 2011, he got 300,000 votes in Sokoto, 400,000 in Katsina, etc.. These are majority muslim states. This shows that he had many muslims behind him.

Buhari did not get up to 20,000 votes in the whole south.east

Let us be honest.
Re: Letter To Bishop Oyedepo: Thou Shall Serve No Other God, By Adeolu Ademoyo by tbaba1234: 3:20pm On Feb 04, 2015
resty4:
U wrote from the comfort of yr room in NY.
Tell us where were u when buhari and lawan kaita threatened to make nig. ungovernable? 2day lo n behold BH. Where were u when buhari enjoined muslims to vote for one of theirs then? Tell us where were u when buhari said last year that 'karai jini beri jini' where were u? Meaning there will be bloodbath from dogs and monkeys. Tell us who are the dogs n monkeys?
Bewise my brother and yr likes -DON'T SELL YR BIRTHRIGHT 2 THE ISMAILITES.

Buhari never said that
Re: Letter To Bishop Oyedepo: Thou Shall Serve No Other God, By Adeolu Ademoyo by Nobody: 3:20pm On Feb 04, 2015
Guy wetin you dey yan here. Oyedepo has shown us the video, we have reviewed it, he has done nothing unscriptural. Jonathan is still the president, so the bible says we must pray for him, even if he goes to the parish where Osibanjo is pastoring he must lead the congregation to pray for him......so why are you betraying unnecessary emotion. CASE CLOSED and don't bring up the issues again!

4 Likes

Re: Letter To Bishop Oyedepo: Thou Shall Serve No Other God, By Adeolu Ademoyo by Uncletony(m): 3:20pm On Feb 04, 2015
There goes another fool!!. We will vote 4 GEj weda muslims like it or not
Re: Letter To Bishop Oyedepo: Thou Shall Serve No Other God, By Adeolu Ademoyo by kendrick9(m): 3:20pm On Feb 04, 2015
Topgainer:

I don't know where they get all these things from
Oyedepo does not have any such keys in his possession. It is the height of arrogance for him to claim he does
He controls Covenant University and Winners limited which is very distant from matters concerning Hell or Heaven
are u this foolish, when did oyedepo say this?
it has already been rubbished as fake news.. u guys should stop being silly
Re: Letter To Bishop Oyedepo: Thou Shall Serve No Other God, By Adeolu Ademoyo by DoctorJones: 3:21pm On Feb 04, 2015
Adeolu Ademoyo - One of the professional bloggers who sit abroad, have no clue what is going on in the country and make statements without facts.
It is quite unfortunate that there are many like him living in the US, UK and other countries who cook up stories (like the alleged murder of the principal who released Buhari's fake result) and make provocative statements. If there is war in Nigeria tomorrow, they will sit in New York and be saying "oh this is sad" meanwhile the gullible people who followed their comments will be the victims here in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Letter To Bishop Oyedepo: Thou Shall Serve No Other God, By Adeolu Ademoyo by endymetrix(m): 3:21pm On Feb 04, 2015
sbaks:
AM I not just fed up with all these so-called open letters honestly? Abeg na who read everything? undecided
Christians are so gullible! Their gullibility paved way for their destruction in antioch, turkey, etc. Their gullibility may still destroy them in Nigeria. The foolish things of GOD is wiser than the wisdom of man [of which he (GOD) is not foolish]. Where have you ever seen an islamist support a christian? You guys should open your eyes o.
Indeed some so-called educated people would have their freedom snatched from them because of their so-called wisdom (which is FOOLISHNESS). GOD indeed uses fools(foolish things) to spite the wise (the so-called wisdom of men.)
Btw, are pastors not really supposed to interfere into politics? Who anointed Saul and David in the bible? Who was always advising David in the bible? I need answers. Thanks

Seriously, I wonder what's wrong with a pastor interfering in politics The running mate of Buhari is also a pastor o! We Christians in Nigeria need massive re-orientation. Politics in itself is not a dirty game, but the politicians are making it appear dirty. I love the questions you asked, I think giving answere to them will change some pre-determined orientations.

Thanks!
Re: Letter To Bishop Oyedepo: Thou Shall Serve No Other God, By Adeolu Ademoyo by druid06(m): 3:21pm On Feb 04, 2015
I thought the reason why the government made religious institutions tax free is to remove their direct involvement in politics. I'm still not sure why these same bodies go around solidifying their acknowledgement of a candidate aspiring for a political post. With the way things are going with these same religious bodies interfering with politics, it wouldn't be a surprise when a government comes and start levying taxes on their organizations. I hope they don't yell "blue murder" when that time comes.

Moreover, I thought the fundamental bases of religion is to enrich the moral, ethos and the spiritual growth growth of their members/individuals willing to grow consciously. I'm not sure how their involvement in politics helps in that scenario.

Also for a christian church publicly offering supporting to a candidate known to be highly corrupt says a lot about the decadence of the church itself as a religious entity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Letter To Bishop Oyedepo: Thou Shall Serve No Other God, By Adeolu Ademoyo by godsveryown(f): 3:22pm On Feb 04, 2015
LastProphet:

The right spelling is CAUSE! And however, it was a thought shared, the cause can only be on the perpetrator if my assumptions are true.
and he didn't mean CAUSE he meant curse. Don't attract it 4 d sake of ur innocent generation.
Re: Letter To Bishop Oyedepo: Thou Shall Serve No Other God, By Adeolu Ademoyo by Nobody: 3:22pm On Feb 04, 2015
resty4:
U wrote from the comfort of yr room in NY.
Tell us where were u when buhari and lawan kaita threatened to make nig. ungovernable? 2day lo n behold BH. Where were u when buhari enjoined muslims to vote for one of theirs then? Tell us where were u when buhari said last year that 'karai jini beri jini' where were u? Meaning there will be bloodbath from dogs and monkeys. Tell us who are the dogs n monkeys?
Bewise my brother and yr likes -DON'T SELL YR BIRTHRIGHT 2 THE ISMAILITES.

what jesus has done for you?
Re: Letter To Bishop Oyedepo: Thou Shall Serve No Other God, By Adeolu Ademoyo by tbaba1234: 3:24pm On Feb 04, 2015
watchman111:
do you know the implication of having an unbeliever as president

Please enlighthen us...
Re: Letter To Bishop Oyedepo: Thou Shall Serve No Other God, By Adeolu Ademoyo by Naigerian(m): 3:24pm On Feb 04, 2015
One word sums it up "CRAP"

2 Likes

Re: Letter To Bishop Oyedepo: Thou Shall Serve No Other God, By Adeolu Ademoyo by watchman111: 3:25pm On Feb 04, 2015
tbaba1234:

Please enlighthen us...
.....wait till buhari becomes your president.
Re: Letter To Bishop Oyedepo: Thou Shall Serve No Other God, By Adeolu Ademoyo by Decryptor(m): 3:26pm On Feb 04, 2015
Yoruba people and letter writing. Was it all they were taught with awo's fake free education? : undecided
Re: Letter To Bishop Oyedepo: Thou Shall Serve No Other God, By Adeolu Ademoyo by endymetrix(m): 3:27pm On Feb 04, 2015
sheymoni:
We christians just like to worship these pastors as if they are God
for crying out loud these people only care about their pocket and jets.
No pastor can decide for me on who to vote in as much as he doesn't feed my
family or clothed us

Let them keep romancing, winning and dinning with the corrupt politicians ,the
hottest part of hell await all the fake pastors
and you that is talking, how many lives have you influenced this year. People are not foolish, and if they are not seeing results, they won't be following them. Start your own movement let's see who follows you.
Re: Letter To Bishop Oyedepo: Thou Shall Serve No Other God, By Adeolu Ademoyo by pastorgodswillm(m): 3:27pm On Feb 04, 2015
[color=#990000][/color]SO BECAUSE HE DID NOT CHANNEL HIS PRAYER POINT TO THE SUCCESS OF GMB HE IS NO LONGER A MAN OF GOD ABI.

SEE HYPOCRITE IN THE HEART OF PEOPLE

OR I SHOULD ASK
abeylevels:
Letter To Bishop Oyedepo: Thou Shall Serve No Other God, By Adeolu Ademoyo
SO PRAYING FOR GMB IS SERVING ANOTHER GOD. AS IF GMB IS A CHRISTIAN OR IS HE SUPPOSE TO BE SERVING GMB'S god? -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Bishop Oyedepo,

Based on the foundations of our faith in the Acts of the Apostles whereby as Christians we are urged by the living God to proclaim the Gospel with joy, great enthusiasm and minister to the poorest among us, I bring the word of God to you with respect to your decision to be part of the 2015 elections and what they hold for the poor and most vulnerable among us –the friends of our Lord Jesus, our Emmanuel-God among us.

Ordinarily, it ought to be presumed that as a Bishop of your Church that you are aware of this divine message, which rests on the divine unity of the Body Of Christ. But your recent decision which divided members of the Body of Christ in your Church-Winners Chapel, Ota, western Nigeria- when you openly asked them to pray for President Jonathan’s success at the polls, and, which led to the open resistance of your curious prayer point has justified this reminder.

The Incorruptible Body of Christ rests unmistakably on Joy To The World for that Joy To The World is at the core of His Word among us, which is at great risk given your embrace of the source of major corruption in the land-President Jonathan, who is the source of the misery, poverty, joblessness, un-employment of the poor and vulnerable who our Lord Jesus calls us to minister to and proclaim the joy of the Gospel to.

This message concerns the visit of President Jonathan to your church-Winners Chapel- at the thick of the 2015 campaign during your church’s third service on January 25. President Jonathan was in company of Mr. Jones Arogbofa his Chief of Staff and Mr. John Kenny Okpara Executive Secretary of Nigerian Christian Pilgrim Board.

Given the way our kind God is working for Change in Nigeria we have it on record that President Jonathan has been sending emissaries to some Pastors to pray for him meaning to pray against change. The information yet to be confirmed is that money is changing hands and the emissary in this transaction where money is being used in hot pursuit of Pastors and the Body of Christ is allegedly Mr. Okpara Secretary of Nigerian Christian Pilgrim Board.

Dear Pastor David Oyedepo, here is where you come in because you are one of these Pastors praying against Change in Nigeria. And this calls to question our call to serve the poor and most vulnerable among us by our God.

First, as a Bishop, you are expected to say the truth. As a Bishop, you are in the eye of the Nigerian Christian Community. Yes it is true that as Nigerians there are some of us Christians who can reconcile our Christian faith with corruption. There are some of us who in open disregard to the scriptures, which proclaim “They promise them freedom, but they themselves are slaves of corruption.
For whatever overcomes a person, to that he is enslaved. ” Peter 2:19 would force a false reconciliation of the Incorruptible Body of Christ, the scriptures with the insane corruption under the watch of President Goodluck Jonathan.

Regardless of this, you have the faith obligation to say the truth before Nigerian Christian Community whether you visited President Goodluck Jonathan, and whether you asked members of the Body of Christ in your church to pray for President Jonathan who has never been a friend of the Nigerian poor and the vulnerable. So Bishop, I have a simple question for you: did you visit President Jonathan, and did you ask your church members to pray for President Jonathan’s success at the polls?

If you did, did you visit with other brother Pastors? If so, who are these brother Pastors? What are their names? Who organized the visit? Nigerians know that your brother Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor of the Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria who is also supposed to be the president of Christian Association of Nigeria has sold CAN to President Jonathan as part of his campaign structure. Hence, we want to know if Pastor Ayo Oristejafor was part of this visit too.

Now these are what are in the pubic domain. Because the vast body of the laity across all Christian denominations of our faith who are closer to the street conditions of the poor in Nigeria have decided to defend the Incorruptible Body of Christ by distancing themselves from the corruption under President Jonathan, the president has panicked.

The president panicked because unmindful of the history of our nation, he has in a most divisive manner initially sold himself as “the Christian” candidate. That did not gain any traction among Nigerians and the Christian laity because President Jonathan’s regime seethes in corruption, and President Jonathan’s social and moral corruption stands in fundamental contradiction to the Incorruptible Body of Christ.

Hence, Nigerian Christian laity have decided to distance themselves from him in defense of the Incorruptible Body of Christ. This is because if someone is a Christian and he/she is going into politics, and he/she wants to put herself forward as a Christian, then such person must go into the roots of Christianity which is a service to the poor, the socially and economically broken, the lonely and the most vulnerable and socially disabled in our society.

This, the Christian-in-politics must do in defense of the Incorruptible Body of Christ. That is, we know a Christian candidate if there is one, and not the mere parroting that “I am a southerner then I am a Christian candidate” like President Jonathan is mistakenly doing in direct offense and antagonism to our individual Christian and moral consciences.

Sir, Bishop Oyedepo, a Christian candidate is not who is dubiously and on private, personal friendship basis anointed by the CAN president-Ayo Oritsejafor, a business man though a Pastor, whose role is transient and who like all of us mortals must account for his service and sins against the poor, before our God.

Rather, the Christian candidate is that who represents the “poor” roots of Christianity as a service to the broken and who then ministers to the spiritual needs of the poor as the poor is lifted out of poverty as we proclaim the Gospel with joy.

Thus a good Christian must run on an anti-corruption platform for the Body of our Christ is Incorruptible. Sir our faith is fundamentally irreconcilable to corruption. Because our anointment is an anointment to serve the poor ceaselessly without season, our anointment knows this.

Dear Bishop, I am not the one talking. It is a voice from the scriptures, which I commit to you thus “They promise them freedom, but they themselves are slaves of corruption. For whatever overcomes a person, to that he is enslaved. ” 2 Peter 2:19

But on the contrary, Pastor Oyedepo, sadly, you stated your position on the nature of our anointment. Against, 2 Peter 2: 19, Pastor David Oyedepo, you brought in President Jonathan-a corrupt symbol of the negation of the Incorruptible Body of Christ and therefore of our anointment.

Pastor Oyedepo, you chose to abandon the divine roots of Christianity which is service to the poor, the vulnerable, the broken, the lonely and the socially ignored in favor of the artificially “mighty” and possessor of the transient and finite in our lives.

Pastor Oyedepo, against the voice of the lonely, the broken, the ignored, the economically and socially invisible due to poverty, you chose to align with the transiently “powerful” the finite, the mortal, due to the transient “power” of Oil money.

Pastor Oyedepo I put it to you, due to your worship at the altar of the transient, gold, silver and oil, you divided members of your church. It will take the restorative nature of the mercy of God to restore unity. This is why we must see the end and exit of corruption in our society and lives.

For our God gave us a commandment brought down by Moses form the divine Mount, which says “Thou Shall Have No Other god beside me”. Pastor, do you still remember this? When you bow before oil money as you do, you have created other gods.

When you divide members of your church through intimidation as you do, you have created other gods. When you secretly worship at the Mount of Corruption as you do, you have created other gods.

When you look at the poor straight in the face and you say, “I do not care… I care only about my oil and the money it festoons me with” you have created other gods.

But Pastor at this holy hour, just before the decision remember the voice of the poor from the Nigerian streets. At this hour, there are no Christians, there are no Muslims; there is no young there is no old, there is no literate and there is no illiterate, there is no south, there is no north, there is no west, there is no east; you only have the poor and the transiently “mighty” it is one body, one soul, one divine voice reminding you of the “poor” roots of our faith of Christianity in the Acts of the Apostles and commandment handed over to us from generation to generation saying and beckoning “Thou Shall Have no other god before me… Thou shall serve no other god beside me…” This is the word of our Lord.

Dear Bishop David Oyedepo I leave you to your Christian conscience and the loving and kind hand of our God of Change who is ceaselessly patient and kind and who will welcome us and you anytime we change and return to HIM.

Yours in Christ.

Adeolu Ademoyo aaa54@cornell.edu Africana Studies and Research Center, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY.
Source: http://blogs.premiumtimesng.com/?p=166677

1 Like

Re: Letter To Bishop Oyedepo: Thou Shall Serve No Other God, By Adeolu Ademoyo by dre11(m): 3:27pm On Feb 04, 2015
sharon763:
Smh....to all those questioning a man of God,people die because they know nothing.God forgive dem for they know not what they do

Bible say and you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free......

That's why apostle Paul admonished us to always check the scriptures when we hear the message of our men of God and not just take their words hook,line and sinker .........

Am sure you're vast with information ..... Check it with the bible concerning biblical principles and things about past..... Check about that person from the papers, web pages and so on.

Gone are the days you take the word of them.for the voice of God because we are in the perilous time
Where FALSE PROPHETS abounds every were and that won't be an excuse for you in the last days because you were warned

2 Likes

Re: Letter To Bishop Oyedepo: Thou Shall Serve No Other God, By Adeolu Ademoyo by BreezyRita(f): 3:28pm On Feb 04, 2015
acidtalk:
Which Oyedepo?

Oyedepo the GATE KEEPER OF HELL? or

Oyedepo THE GUINESS WORLD RECORD SLAPPER THAT SLAPS INNOCENT CHILDREN? or

The Oyedepo who USES THE GULLIBILITY OF HIS SHEEPS TO MAKE HIMSELF THE RICHEST PASTOR IN THE WORLD? or

The Oyedepo whose university's architectural Aerial view of QUESTIONABLE AND SCARY CIRCUMSTANCE? or

The Oyedepo who named his school "CONVENANT" whereas my gullible Nigerian parents can't seem to think deep what covenant their children's destiny is signing with this man.

OYEDPO IS A FRAUD! CRIMINAL!! and NOT from God.

Can he still claim to preach the word of God if God takes away his entire "stolen" wealth?

MY PEOPLE ARE SHEEPS. THEY HAVE FORGOTTEN GOD GAVE THEM A BRAIN AND HEART SO THEY CAN CALL UNTO HIM DIRECTLY INSTEAD OF GOING THROUGH ANYONE. MOST PEOPLE TODAY FEAR THEIR PASTORS MORE THAN THEY FEAR GOD.

In other news:

THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW BEFORE FEBRUARY 14.

* POWER : The power situation of the country will NEVER improve if this government remains in power, as the money bags supporting this government are the sole importers of fuel and diesel and they make billions of naira in profit everyday by gaining from the epileptic power situation of the country.

* SECURITY : Billions are budgeted for security but yet nothing to show for it , especially in the North East of the country. Jonathan has politicized the military and made it equally Corrupt. The military, police, sss only flex their powers at the opposition and harmless citizens.

*YOUTH EMPOWERMENT: Sure P and the likes are money siphoners the government setup to siphon money. Those who needed to benefit from it aren't as every penny is being embezzled by the same government.

*TRANSPORTATION: Before you start pointing at the railways which is Jonathan's ONLY achievement, ask yourself if that is the same kind of coaches used in this present day world. Brazil, Czech, Venezuela, Mexico and others just resuscitated their rail transport and each country spent FAR LESS than what our government claimed to have spent and with a more modernized end product.

*ECONOMY: Nigeria's economy is SINKING SERIOUSLY. Whether you believe Charles Soludo, Sanusi Lamido, and other economist or not, the truth remains that an economy tsunami is about to take place in the coming months. Over 30% of government workers, banks, oil and gas, Marine, insurance, fund managers, manufacturing will be out of job in the next few months. Ngozi Iweala and others can twist figures and refute the truth as much as they can but the truth is about to unveil itself soon.

IF YOU AGREE JONATHAN EBELE AZIKIWE THE CLUESS DRUNKARD IS A THIEF AND WON'T RETURN TO ASO ROCK SIGNIFY HERE NOW WITH THE LIKE BUTTON.

Dear fool, Oyedepo was a prophet even before he had money! Go and be enlightened! Stop advertising your stupidity..........

I'm. not even talking about your silly political stufff
Re: Letter To Bishop Oyedepo: Thou Shall Serve No Other God, By Adeolu Ademoyo by oluspencer(m): 3:28pm On Feb 04, 2015
Ayobami97:
Oyedepo won't read this, he is very busy at the moment.

Counting
Offering, tithes and jona's bribe
Re: Letter To Bishop Oyedepo: Thou Shall Serve No Other God, By Adeolu Ademoyo by Nobody: 3:28pm On Feb 04, 2015
demelza:
God bless you too.
My pastor whom I respect so much has also bought into that OIC propaganda. Sunday was scheduled as a prayer for Nigeria service in order to prevent "non-christians" from attaining government seat. I was too mad I couldnt even stand up to pray, had to walk out at a point.
When I heard an elder whom I thought was cerebral and intelligent say he will still vote GEJ no matter how disappointed he was, the anger and sadness that washed over me is a feeling I dont want to experience again.
If Christianity means supporting mediocrity, then to hell with it.
PLS GO AWAY! We don't want pseudo christians anymore. They paved way for the destruction of christianity in the middle-east. We don't want them again. Please carry your kaya and GO. I think GOD would be satisfied with a few christians who will stand their ground and say yes! JESUS MUST REIGN! Than for multitudes who would sell their birth right for a bowl of porridge. I'd rather suffer when a christian is in power (so long he doesn't disrupt my relationship with my God) than for me to vote for someone who would make me feel like an outcast because of my relationship with GOD hence forcing me to change or i die? GOD FORBID! So long I have a relationship with my GOD, I can never suffer, I repeat, NEVER SUFFER

3 Likes

Re: Letter To Bishop Oyedepo: Thou Shall Serve No Other God, By Adeolu Ademoyo by savanto: 3:29pm On Feb 04, 2015
linuxuser:
Thanks for pointing the spelling mistake out and am glad you got my message as well. For your education, assumption is not always the TRUTH. Hope you repent.

Did you mean CURSE?
You were both wrong.
Re: Letter To Bishop Oyedepo: Thou Shall Serve No Other God, By Adeolu Ademoyo by tbaba1234: 3:29pm On Feb 04, 2015
watchman111:
.....wait till buhari becomes your president.

You can do Nigerians a service by teaching us why we should not vote for a 'muslim'
Re: Letter To Bishop Oyedepo: Thou Shall Serve No Other God, By Adeolu Ademoyo by fumeric(f): 3:32pm On Feb 04, 2015
SMH for d ppl talking against d Prophet of God, rmbr wat append to d 40 children n Prophet Elisha . A word is enuf for d wise

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

"N42million Tithe In Benue Is Chicken Feed" - Bishop Kukah / A different View on COZA Sex Scandal / 8 Types Of People Who Are Consistently Late For Church Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.