Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,676 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:41 PM

HND Certificate: An Embarrassment? - Career (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / HND Certificate: An Embarrassment? (48621 Views)

Top HND Holders In Nigeria / Hnd Graduates Can Now Rise Above Level 14 / Why This Discrimination Between B.Sc & HND? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HND Certificate: An Embarrassment? by ishmael(m): 8:21am On Oct 05, 2006
Donmayor, are you out of your mind?? What do you mean by that?? Why is it that university graduates always get scared when ever they here the word "Poly" or "HND" ?? So you think some HND holders cannot outperform people with masters degree or what? You are a proper nigerian. I think you are the one that is dreaming. Some ND holders have done what a lot of people with Bsc and Msc cannot do talk more of HND holders. Hiding behind certificate will never help you, let me tell you. Make we hear word jo, university graduate; olodo!! embarassed lipsrsealed embarassed lipsrsealed
Re: HND Certificate: An Embarrassment? by Hndholder(m): 8:48am On Oct 05, 2006
Arrogance first before fall yes they say.
zebra:

HND holders should be allowed to compete favorably with even people with masters degree, that is what we want.
donmayor:

They would compete favorably in your dreams

To go into university you seat for jamb.
you graduate with degree

To go into polytechnic you seat for jamb.
You graduate with National Diploma

For Higher studies

You buy form from the university
you Obtain Higher Degree

You buy form from the polytechnic
you Obtain Higher National Diploma (HND)

You buy form from University
for PhD

You also buy form from the polytechnic for PGD

But arrogant people made the equation not to balance.

Many HND holder compete in life even with PhD holder
Check yourself  Esteem before insulting somebody  donmayor you look like Aje  Butter.

Remember the fastest horse may not come first.  Obasanjo, Bill Gate , Henry Ford, Galileo etc never had university degree yet  the compete with degree holders and even became their boss.

Donmayor , please if you are not psychologically sensitive, learn how to avoid frustrated person.
We frustrated HND holders  try to make ourselves happy but you chose to annoy us the more.
By the way you sabi book? no be buy you buy your certificate!
Re: HND Certificate: An Embarrassment? by ishmael(m): 2:14pm On Oct 05, 2006
HND-holder, you dey mind Donmayor?? Which course you read sef Donmayor?? Tell me make i give you one small mathematics whether you go fit solve am sef; mind you na polytechnic maths i wan give you oo.
Re: HND Certificate: An Embarrassment? by donmayor(m): 4:58pm On Oct 05, 2006
I might be wrong if I say polytechnic students won't compete favorably with BSc. students but I cannot be wrong if I say polytechnic students wont compete favorably with masters student. Even a BSc. graduate would be rated lower than a Msc or MBA graduate. He is a step ahead. Give me ur polytechnic maths and I would teach u some few tricks to answer the maths that probably ur poly lecturer has never heard of. It's not by maths. It's by who you are
Re: HND Certificate: An Embarrassment? by ishmael(m): 7:10pm On Oct 05, 2006
Donmayor, we agree that you people in the university know more than us, but just help us solve this small maths wey dem been teach us for polytechnic:

Find[b] t[/b] if s = ut + 0.5at^2

You would probably under-rate it as a uni graduate, but please we need the solution because we poly graduates can't solve it. so please help us with the solution.

Lets see the solution 2morrow morning o!! No run hide o!!
Re: HND Certificate: An Embarrassment? by donmayor(m): 8:06pm On Oct 05, 2006
I honestly believe that u poly guys can't solve dat question or it might have taken u a year to solve it. I don't need to wait till tomorrow morning to giv u the solution.Substitute the value of ur a in the equation which is velocity/time which is also distance s/t^2. I think u shuld be able to do the rest from there.If u have further problems u can always feel free to contact the university undergraduate/graduate.He would always have the right answer
Re: HND Certificate: An Embarrassment? by ishmael(m): 7:21am On Oct 06, 2006
grin cheesy grin Laughing. So you cannot solve poly mathematics?? See the sense wey him want take dodge. I beg make[b] t[/b] the subject of that formula. No use sense dodge oo. If you know you're uni grauate make t the subject of the formula:

s = ut + 0.5at^2

grin cheesy grin Laughing!! Any university graduate can as well help him out o!! Poly graduates dem say we no know book so make we leave am for dem wey be uni graduates to do the change of subject. Donmayor we are eager to see the solution o!!
Re: HND Certificate: An Embarrassment? by Hndholder(m): 9:21am On Oct 06, 2006
To hell,

ishmael, You know that Common sense is not always common.

I have no time for this donmayor kind of person.

I always ask GOD to punish anybody who will not respect polytechnic product.

Let their car spoil without a mechanic to help.

Let them have no shoe to wear for no shoe maker will help them. Shoe makers belong to us

Let them never have clocks as Orology stand to be one of the courses that was removed from yaba tech in yhe olding days

May they never have light in their street and any where they use polytechnic and Technical product turned

But if you love polytechnic product, he go better for you. Amen
Re: HND Certificate: An Embarrassment? by Hndholder(m): 9:52am On Oct 06, 2006
This silenced me. I just had to send it out to all the thinking people I know,

VACANCIES IN NIGERIA
Do you prefer imported products? Please read this:
Ever wondered why it's so hard to find a job in Nigeria ?

Chukwu Emeka had just been retrenched from a high flying job, and now he
set out hoping to bounce back into the job market. He started the day
early having set his alarm clock (MADE IN JAPAN) for 6a.m.

While his coffee pot (MADE IN CHINA) was perking, he shaved with his electric razor (MADE IN HONG KONG), and bathed with his sponge (FROM SOUTH AFRICA) and soap (from Ivory Coast ) and sprayed his designer perfume (from France ).

He put on a dress shirt (MADE IN ENGLAND, IMPORTED FROM DUBAI), designer
jeans (MADE IN SOUTH AFRICA) and tennis shoes (MADE IN KOREA).
After
cooking his breakfast on his new electric cooker (MADE IN INDIA) he sat
down with his calculator (MADE IN MEXICO) to see how much he could spend
today.

After setting his watch (MADE IN TAIWAN) to the radio (MADE IN JAPAN)
according to BBC(BROADCASTING FROM LONDON) time, he got in his car
(MADE IN GERMANY AND REFURBISHED IN BELGIUM) and continued his search for a good paying NIGERIAN JOB.

At the end of yet another discouraging and fruitless day, Chukwu decided
to relax for a while. He sat on his leather couch (MADE IN CANADA) reading
a best-seller novel (PUBLISHED IN USA).
After a while he wanted to
refresh himself. He put on his sandals (MADE IN BRAZIL) poured himself a
glass of wine (MADE IN FRANCE) and turned on his TV (MADE IN INDONESIA),
to CNN (TRANSMITTED FROM AMERICA) and then wondered why he can't find a
good paying job in, NIGERIA, !

This is food for thought. Keep this circulating, !

LEARN TO PATRONIZE MADE IN NIGERIA GOODS SO THAT WE CAN CREATE MORE JOBS
FOR OURSELVES

STOP HND DISCRIMINATIONS TODAY
Re: HND Certificate: An Embarrassment? by ishmael(m): 10:43am On Oct 06, 2006
HND-holder, lets wait for Donmayor to solve this small poly mathematics for us. I think he's still battling to get the solution. To make T the subject of the formula will definitely not be easy, but the university guys seem to know mathematics more than we poly products so let Donmayor save them o, else we will never give honour to any university graduate again.

N.B. Donmayor, there is nothing like velocity, acceleration and time there oo; You're taking it for one of the equations of motion abi?? It has nothing to do with that o. This one is just to test ur logical and mathematical skills. Ok let me change the variables for you.

Make Q the subject of the formula:

K = NQ + 0.5 YQ^2

Please Donmayor (University graduate) give us the solution; we are still waiting for you. Make sure say you use your brain solve am o, no go use MATLAB o.
Re: HND Certificate: An Embarrassment? by SixSigma1(m): 5:31pm On Oct 06, 2006
@ Ishmael:

This will be the first and the last time I will contribute to this thread. Ishmael, enough of this unnecessary university bashing. Coming here to bash the university graduates is not what will give polytechnic education the respect you want for it. Apart from this, the fact that one university graduate could not solve the equation and you a polytechnic graduate could solve it does not in anyway mean that all the university graduates could solve it neither does your being able to solve it mean that all polytechnic graduate could.

Furthermore, if my memory is not failing me, your so-called polytechnic mathematics is a secondary school additional mathematics question. I learnt it in my class 4 additional mathematics back in my secondary school days and not at the university. I am really ashamed that such simple equation is only being taught at the polytechnic level these days. What is happening to Nigeria education now?

I am going to solve this problem for you now. As I do not intend to contribute to this thread after this first and last post, I will not pose any question to you to solve. If you post any question directly to me I will not respond as I do not have time for this.

The two equations are basically the same. The only different is that you have changed the variables. This will not affect the solution in any way. The equations can be solved either from the first principle or by using the almighty formula.

From the first principle:

S = UT + 0.5AT^2

Divide both sides of the equation by 0.5A, the equation becomes:
(2S/A) = (2U/A)T + T^2

Square half coefficient of “T” and add this to both sides of the equation, then you have
(2S/A) + (U/A)^2 = (U/A)^2 + (2U/A)T + T^2

Add the left side of the equation and re-write (2U/A) as (U/A + U/A) in the equation, then you have:
(2AS + U^2)/A^2 = (U/A)^2 + (U/A)T + (U/A)T + T^2

Now factorize the right side of the equation, you have:
(2AS + U^2)/A^2 = (T + U/A)^2

Take the square root of both sides of the equation:
T + (U/A) = +/- ((2AS + U^2)^0.5)/(A^2)^0.5

T = - (U/A) +/- ((2AS + U^2)^0.5)/A   

Using the almighty formula: x = -b/2a +/- ((b^2 – 4ac)^0.5)/2a

Rewrite the original equation as: 0.5AT^2 + UT – S = 0

From the original equation, T = x, (0.5A) = a, U = b and -S = c,
Therefore, T = - (U/A) +/- ((U^2 + 2AS)^0.5)/A
Re: HND Certificate: An Embarrassment? by ishmael(m): 6:58pm On Oct 06, 2006
pally you have saved Donmayor and university people. Hey, i also did it in my further mathematics too in secondary school. And you must have come across it in one of your physic courses in the university just like we did in the polytechnic. You tried. But why did you have to waste so much time dividing both sides by 2, taking squares of both sides and all that?? Very easy re-arrange the equation:

s = ut + 0.5at^2 (From here one shld be able to know that it is a quadratic equation)

ut + 0.5at^2 - s = 0

0.5at^2 + ut - s = 0

This corresponds to  ax^2 + bx + c = 0

with a = 0.5a, b = u and c = -s

using X = -b +- SQRT(b^2 - 4ac)
               ------------------------------------
                               2a

Then substitute the values of a, b and c into the quadratic formula

Chikena!! Na him Donmayor no fit solve. Thank you for saving him.
Re: HND Certificate: An Embarrassment? by donmayor(m): 7:00pm On Oct 06, 2006
It's not even secondary schul additional maths, dats normal maths in a gud schul. you give me equation of motion and u dey tell me to do some change of subject? I did not run away o, it's just dumb for me to go thru long solution when the answer is staring right at my face. Well Six-sigma has answered u.
Re: HND Certificate: An Embarrassment? by ishmael(m): 7:05pm On Oct 06, 2006
Donmayor, since yesterday you no fit solve this small maths with all the university Degree wey you get; imagine na now we dey hear from you again since yesterday. Because six-sigma don solve am you decided to come out. Shame suppose dey catch you oo. I doubt if you know maths sef.
Re: HND Certificate: An Embarrassment? by donmayor(m): 8:23pm On Oct 06, 2006
Na dat solution go bring chop come ur table? It is sumthing very glaring that a greater percentage of uni graduates end up more successful than poly. Face the facts and do sumthing abt it like gettin a masters from the uni grin. Anyway I hav nto been online all day to see the repost of ur question and wen i saw it six sigma has answered
Re: HND Certificate: An Embarrassment? by naijaman3: 8:52pm On Oct 06, 2006
ishmael, the fact that you think six sigma was wasting time solving the problem from the first principle suggest to me that you have no clue about the first principle and that such method of solving this kind of problem exist. to me showing us the steps to solving the problem before rushing to using a formula suggests that this guy knows the stuff and not just throwing formula at us. read his message again, he did said he was going to solve the problem in two ways and he did:

The equations can be solved either from the first principle or by using the almighty formula.

his second solution, using the same formula you used took just 4 lines:

Using the almighty formula: x = -b/2a +/- ((b^2 – 4ac)^0.5)/2a

Rewrite the original equation as: 0.5AT^2 + UT – S = 0

From the original equation, T = x, (0.5A) = a, U = b and -S = c,
Therefore, T = - (U/A) +/- ((U^2 + 2AS)^0.5)/A

so, what is wrong in showing us the steps and another method of solving the problem so that people like you can learn how to solve similar problems without having to memorize a formula?
Re: HND Certificate: An Embarrassment? by ishmael(m): 3:26pm On Oct 07, 2006
Hey, Naija man where have you been all these while?? You were hiding abi?? So you too cannot solve this small maths problem? Na wa oo. Anyway sha Six-sigma has given us the solution. His name suggest that he's a logical and analytical fellow.
Re: HND Certificate: An Embarrassment? by Hndholder(m): 11:07am On Oct 09, 2006
Only old people, discribe HND as inferior now such people may be risking five years . Even some OLDER university now respect and accept Good HND
Re: HND Certificate: An Embarrassment? by dryver: 12:51pm On Oct 09, 2006
PALLY HOW CAN U POSSIBLY THINK THAT THE HND GIVEN TO YOU BY GOD IS A MISTAKE- EH?
LOOK HND, BSC DOESN'T MAKE A DIFFERENCE, WHAT MAKES THE DIFFERENCE IS WHAT YOU THINK YOU CAN ACHIEVE WITH WHAT U HAVE. NOBODY IS BETTER THAN YOU, FORGET WHAT U HEAR JUST WORK HARDER.

CHAO!!!!!!!!!!
Re: HND Certificate: An Embarrassment? by Hndholder(m): 12:56pm On Oct 09, 2006
Thank you, are an HND holder like me? The thing get as he be for NIGERIA Kai I do not think GOD made HND. Polytechnic is not a school for Pastors or Immam
Re: HND Certificate: An Embarrassment? by ishmael(m): 1:34pm On Oct 09, 2006
Hnd-holder:

Thank you, are an HND holder like me? The thing get as he be for NIGERIA Kai I do not think GOD made HND. Polytechnic is not a school for Pastors or Immam

you're funny.
Re: HND Certificate: An Embarrassment? by ishmael(m): 1:39pm On Oct 09, 2006
Donmayor, no try me again oo, else i go give you another maths wey you no go fit solve again.
Re: HND Certificate: An Embarrassment? by donmayor(m): 5:46pm On Oct 09, 2006
ishmael:

Donmayor, no try me again oo, else i go give you another maths wey you no go fit solve again.
I did not go to university to learn how to solve maths but problems. I understand where u r comin from.
Re: HND Certificate: An Embarrassment? by ishmael(m): 7:30pm On Oct 09, 2006
donmayor:

I did not go to university to learn how to solve maths but problems. I understand where you're comin from.

And MATHEMATICS happens to be one of the techniques used in solving PROBLEMS. Better learn how to use Mathematics to solve problems o. How you take graduate from university sef??
Re: HND Certificate: An Embarrassment? by donmayor(m): 7:45pm On Oct 09, 2006
Not secondary schul maths dat u r askin. I never grad na my finals i dey undecided
Re: HND Certificate: An Embarrassment? by ishmael(m): 7:25am On Oct 10, 2006
donmayor:

Not secondary schul maths that you're askin. I never grad na my finals i dey undecided

Pally forget that thing, there is no secondary mathematics that is not utilized in the university or polytechnic. Matrices and determinants are taught to secondary school students who do further mathematics and are as well taught to students in the university and polytechnic, although this time around you concentrate on how to apply it in solving practical problems. Again you will always use the techniques of quadratic and simultaneous equations to solve many problems even at Msc level. You said you are in your final year abi?? I wish you well sha; you are coming out with flying colors by His Grace; but one thing you need to do is: give repect to poly graduates too, for they have their own way of contributing to the building of any economy.
Re: HND Certificate: An Embarrassment? by Hndholder(m): 9:25am On Oct 10, 2006
Public opinion turn polytechnic into what it is. It made me what I am today.
Re: HND Certificate: An Embarrassment? by donmayor(m): 5:27pm On Oct 10, 2006
Thanx Ishmael. My position on HND is not that of disrespect. I know u guys are useful so also university guys. Poly grads are better in their own way than uni grads and uni grads are better in their own way than poly grads. The way u r representing it is as if poly grads are superior to uni grads.
@Hnd-holder
Yeah it's partially public opinion that has reduced the value of polytechnic education and also illiteracy. Nigerians don't know the role of polytechnics in the society.
Re: HND Certificate: An Embarrassment? by ishmael(m): 6:13pm On Oct 10, 2006
donmayor:

@Hnd-holder
Yeah it's partially public opinion that has reduced the value of polytechnic education and also illiteracy. Nigerians don't know the role of polytechnics in the society.

That is why we need people like you to help us educate nigerians, especially those who don't know the role of polytechnics in nation building. Please do all you can to make people see polytechnics in nigeria as a place to be. Some university graduates are already doing that; especially those who work or teach in the polytechnic.
Re: HND Certificate: An Embarrassment? by bencoffi(m): 12:59pm On Oct 12, 2006
my people,let us not to conderm ourselves over HND or Bsc instead we should trust on our GOD.
wht i usually tell anybody that comes my way is that,wht matters is not the paper but wht's up there.pls donnot listing to those advise so as u will not be mislead.If u want to follow their advice 4get about certificate.All we are talking is cash not certificate
Bill gate, we go to NIIT to obtain his signature a no graduate for that matter
Work to learn but not 4 money
Any place that will not give u knowlwgde better leave there no matter the amount,instead get the cash and then impart ur own knowledge,guys.
Re: HND Certificate: An Embarrassment? by zebra(m): 1:36pm On Oct 12, 2006
your english is so poor; why not use yoruba, if that's your local language!! And hope you're not a graduate?? because emm people go dey wonder where you from graduate.
Re: HND Certificate: An Embarrassment? by Hndholder(m): 4:37pm On Oct 13, 2006
Leave that to the person face your own

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Diamond Bank Sacks over 1000 Staffs / Breaking news : ICAN releases the result of 2016 May Diet Exam / Where Can A Zoologist Or Parasitologist Work In Nigeria?(HELP)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.