Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,398 members, 7,815,868 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:50 PM

Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? (33399 Views)

Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? / Pastors Reading From Ipad And Tablet Instead Of Holy Book. Right Or Wrong ? / Inside The 100,000 Seat Auditorium Bishop Oyedepo Is Planning To Build (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 12:36pm On Feb 08, 2015
jnrbayano:
Behind the pew I sat this morning during morning mass, some noise filtered into my ears. Taking a look backwards, I saw a young nursing mother with a big "well-ovallized" bosom breastfeeding her baby.

I must admit, I lost concentration on the mass proceedings for a few minutes.

After a while, I turned back again and told her that it isn't proper for her to breastfeed her baby inside the church.

Her response was, "my baby is hungry, why won't I feed him?"

And my rejoinder was, "you ought to have done that outside the church building"

Whether she took the correction in good faith or not I wouldn't know because I never looked back again.

In your candid opinion, who was right, myself or the lady?

it became now very popular of new moms to take out their boobs everywhere- restaurant, swimming pool, park, church, etc. am strictly against it. its 21st century- there are bottles, other equipment to feed the baby. no need to show your boobs in public. baby 4 months old is fed ~3hours apart. theres no need to take baby out younger than 3 months because of immune system. so 3 hours i think its plenty!

1 Like

Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by darlenese(f): 12:45pm On Feb 08, 2015
Its a shame u are posting this, ur prob is not the breastfeeding but the kinda young succulent boobs that caught ur fancy , shame on your perv mind evn in church .

my question to u is , if it were to be an advanced lady with slacked boobs, would y hv posted this ?
Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by oloyede252(m): 12:49pm On Feb 08, 2015
carefreewannabe:

I will do you the favor and help you. There is nothing wrong with breastfeeding a child ANYWHERE. Only a dirty mind will consider it indecent when in fact it's innocent.
my sister u lyk story o...it not wrong.simple.so wen are we SEEING UR BOSOM.
Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by oloyede252(m): 12:51pm On Feb 08, 2015
LaRoyalHighness:
Keep having a turn on while my baby enjoys tongue
can I TAKE A SELFIE wit ur bosom
Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by LaRoyalHighness(f): 12:57pm On Feb 08, 2015
Why is this little child disturbing me? I warned your mother... I told her to breastfeed when ever you are hungry ... But she wouldn't listen.... Now see!
oloyede252:

Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by oloyede252(m): 1:26pm On Feb 08, 2015
LaRoyalHighness:
Why is this little child disturbing me? I warned your mother... I told her to breastfeed when ever you are hungry ... But she wouldn't listen.... Now see!
lwkmd.so wat time wil u b coming to church na
Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by Motolank: 1:27pm On Feb 08, 2015
jnrbayano:

That suggested she was done breastfeeding as at the time I turned the second time.

Nothing.
She was behind u...? The second time why did you turn undecided
Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by jnrbayano(m): 1:32pm On Feb 08, 2015
Motolank:

She was behind u...? The second time why did you turn undecided

Please, Reread the Op.
Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by Motolank: 1:34pm On Feb 08, 2015
jnrbayano:

Please, Reread the Op.
No time
Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by nora66(f): 2:09pm On Feb 08, 2015
jnrbayano:
Behind the pew I sat this morning during morning mass, some noise filtered into my ears. Taking a look backwards, I saw a young nursing mother with a big "well-ovallized" bosom breastfeeding her baby.

After a while, I turned back again and told her that it isn't proper for her to breastfeed her baby inside the church.

Whether she took the correction in good faith or not I wouldn't know because I never looked back again.

I cannot do that it is not proper to feed a baby inside the church, me I cannot do that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by delishpot: 2:14pm On Feb 08, 2015
dadoctore:

In both places u need full concentration,in both places uve gotta be appropriately dressed,in both places uve gotta be mindful dat ur actions dnt -vely affect others,in both places distractions(like ur mobile) won't be condoned...need I say more?!

No. Just that in one of those, you can come as you are.
Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by lacedup(m): 6:19pm On Feb 08, 2015
jnrbayano:

Yes sir but can I just laugh?

cheesy cheesy

Laff it up bruv...laff catch me sef cheesy
Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by delishpot: 7:04pm On Feb 08, 2015
oloyede252:

Do you have to go that far? grin grin
Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by SenatorJames(m): 7:14pm On Feb 08, 2015
jnrbayano:

You are right sir. she can go to one of the rooms or outside the church to breastfeed her baby. That is what i face everyday, mostly from the illetrate nursing mothers, they are always proud as if they are doing the right things. Seeing full package of those good shape something you mostly see in nollywood is highly tempting.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by sparta(f): 8:09pm On Feb 08, 2015
glogirl:
@Op,
Just admit that you are a pervert.
The boobs are called mammary glands. Their primary function is to feed babies and not whatever fantasies in your head.
Before you start feeling more righteous than the pope, Maybe you should asked your mum if she ever breastfed you in a public place.
Next time when you see boobs in a baby's mouth , think of them as mammary glands and not boobs. And for God sake, smile at the little baby.
man you bad.hehehehe.
Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by oloyede252(m): 8:43pm On Feb 08, 2015
delishpot:

Do you have to go that far? grin grin
dnt mind me.just havin fun b4 lecture 2maro
Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by delishpot: 8:44pm On Feb 08, 2015
oloyede252:

dnt mind me.just havin fun b4 lecture 2maro

grin
Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by LewisO: 9:23pm On Feb 08, 2015
Why will she bring out bosom in church? undecided

1 Like

Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by plendil: 9:49pm On Feb 08, 2015
krystal101:
This op tho...
What exactly are you driving at? You're a very confused fellow. I have two children, I'm educated & well exposed. I feed my children well, infact 2wks ago my baby was crying while in church, I brought out breast to feed her, she's 4months & we're doing exclusive so I've not started giving her other foods. What would you expect a baby of that age to do? Leave the child to keep crying?

Ppl like this op will see women that are scantily dressed, do you correct such ppl

Exposing your breast for all to see? You're the confused one, my dear.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by lordf: 12:22am On Feb 09, 2015
Bros wat do u hav to say abt dis

Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by wimpey(m): 2:06am On Feb 09, 2015
creepsyme:
breastfeeding anywhere is wrong, this shuld be done in secluded places, I notice with interest a white woman wuld never breastfeed her baby in the public but will find a way to manage it until its convenient.
I have seen plenty of white women breastfeeding in public , but you are right , they normally use a cover , but I did see one once feeding at a swimming pool without a cover .The site of a large white bosom did not offend at all and it was being used to feed her baby !
Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by clemostika: 6:44pm On Feb 09, 2015
Guys! U all are hitting too hard at Op. Describing what he has  seen doesn't make him a pervert  ‎or lust. I think he's only trying to give a clear picture of what he saw to enable readers and people who were not there have a broader understanding and appreciation of what exactly happened, and let us know d level of distraction that shape/size of boobs are capable of causing to mankind, be the purest man on earth. Remember we re not perfect, most times our attempt trying  to near perfection we end up making more mistakes.

Now on the subject matter, breast is‎ should be considered one of d secret and private part of a woman and therefore, under no circumstances must it be exposed in d public. There are modest ways of breastfeeding a child outside your home. Girls of nowadays are becoming something else, they don't care anymore, u see girls, including  married women, showing their cleavages, exposing 95% of their boobs in d name of fashion. Now consider such a girl getting married, she wouldn't care, except they are constantly corrected to order else women like that are capable of causing serious distraction in d church. 

How would you married guys feel if your wife exposes are boobs in d public in d name of breastfeeding? ‎

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by jnrbayano(m): 7:46pm On Feb 09, 2015
clemostika:
Guys! U all are hitting too hard at Op. Describing what he has  seen doesn't make him a pervert  ‎or lust.
I think he's only trying to give a clear picture of what he saw to enable readers and people who were not there have a broader understanding and appreciation of what exactly happened, and let us know d level of distraction that shape/size of boobs are capable of causing to mankind, be the purest man on earth.
Remember we re not perfect, most times our attempt trying  to near perfection we end up making more mistakes.

Now on the subject matter, breast is‎ should be considered one of d secret and private part of a woman and therefore, under no circumstances must it be exposed in d public. There are modest ways of breastfeeding a child outside your home. Girls of nowadays are becoming something else, they don't care anymore, u see girls, including  married women, showing their cleavages, exposing 95% of their boobs in d name of fashion. Now consider such a girl getting married, she wouldn't care, except they are constantly corrected to order else women like that are capable of causing serious distraction in d church. 

How would you married guys feel if your wife exposes are boobs in d public in d name of breastfeeding? ‎

That was to make the Op kinda amusing and also bring out what can be a distracter to men in the breastfeeding process.

If it where to be an older woman I honestly don't think she would have thrown caution to the wind and besides a younger woman's bosom will have a more potent distracter.

Behold, the above quote was exactly what I explained to someone here who thought that my describing what I saw signalled my lusting for the booobs.

I'm even surprised at her to say the least.

May God give you more wisdom for putting the one he already gave you at work here.

Thanks amigo.
Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by wimpey(m): 5:17pm On Mar 13, 2015
To be honest . It would not bother me if my Wife breastfed in public. You see plenty of women on the beaches of Southern Europe sunbathing topless at the side of their Husbands and this does not mean that there are countless perverts watching. Because it is so accepted no one bothers and it is seen as natural . !
clemostika:
Guys! U all are hitting too hard at Op. Describing what he has  seen doesn't make him a pervert  ‎or lust. I think he's only trying to give a clear picture of what he saw to enable readers and people who were not there have a broader understanding and appreciation of what exactly happened, and let us know d level of distraction that shape/size of boobs are capable of causing to mankind, be the purest man on earth. Remember we re not perfect, most times our attempt trying  to near perfection we end up making more mistakes.

Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by wimpey(m): 5:20pm On Mar 13, 2015
I God would mind as the main reason he created bosoms was for feeding babies. It is just unfortunate that they have become sexualized. I love bosoms as much of the next man , but you have to be able to see them in a different light when they are feeding babies .There is nothing sexual about this at all .
oloyede252:

hello ma,are trying to justify unclothedness in public..or what your point in general.nd leave story o
Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by wimpey(m): 5:25pm On Mar 13, 2015
oloyede252:
Very well said. I beautiful bosom is sexy , a baby feeding from it is not . We need to be able to understand the difference ! That was a good example you quoted about the ass !
hi sir,nd ur not a pervert after discribing what d op discribed.na u o
Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by wimpey(m): 5:28pm On Mar 13, 2015
I agree , for a gentleman who was so offended about a lady bosom feeding , he certainly gave a very detailed description of her bosom !
oloyede252:

hi sir,nd ur not a pervert after discribing what d op discribed.na u o
Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by wimpey(m): 5:33pm On Mar 13, 2015
I would rather a mother bosom feed a hungry baby whilst listening to the word of the Lord , than listen to a crying baby who then has to be taken outside,. This causes more of a distraction !
djhenry:
in my own perception breastfeeding in church is naturally accepted by me because naturally she ought to do that... we don't expect her to consistently go outside d church premises on how long n how many time a day if d new baby desires d breastfeeding for 10times in d church....check it out guys...? only d canal minded guys in church will certainly b distracted by seeing a nursing mother breast...even some young ladies breast don't even move me not to talk of a nursing mothers breast...wat a shame to those that tinks or lost by d breastfeeding breast...
Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by wimpey(m): 5:37pm On Mar 13, 2015
It depend s how big the dick is lol ! A bosom is brought out to feed a baby . A dick is brought out to urinate , there is no comparison .s
jnrbayano:

Don't mind them

They said it's a natural thing to breastfeed a baby anywhere the need arises, I agreed.

Bringing out the joystick to scratch on in the church isn't it non-distracting and right?

Someone already called them "hypocrites" and I agree totally.

God bless you.
Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by wimpey(m): 5:54pm On Mar 13, 2015
hould bosom feed wherever they are if their baby needs it . I agree with you .
LaRoyalHighness:
Most churches (like mine) don't even make provision for nursing mothers. No where to run to.... Used to brea.st feed in the car but days i don't drive to church what do i do... Breast feed in the toilet?
Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by wimpey(m): 5:56pm On Mar 13, 2015
I agree . Why should a mother miss out on the word of God because she wants to do what is natural and feed her baby ( which is a gift from God )>
mutter:
It is like you are trying to justify what is obviously indecent and unrighteous to do in the house of God. If it is true that there is no better place to bosom-feed one's child than in the church, one can also say that there is no better place to serve one's children and husband food and make love to him than in the church!
God said His house shall be called a house of prayer, should we make it a house of free show of boobs and bosom-feeding?

@ Anointed are you God? How do you know what is pleasing to him?

Imagine a woman in church with her baby trying to follow the mass. Getting inspired and communicating with her God. The spirit coming down on her, and then...

Hang on God, I have to go out and breast feed!

Certainly not ! Do you want to deprive her of the word of God for so many months?

If I have to go to the car to breast feed I can as well stay at home.
Blame the community for not making provision for the mothers.

Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by jnrbayano(m): 11:51am On Mar 16, 2015
wimpey:
hould bosom feed wherever they are if their baby needs it . I agree with you .

In a railway track too

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Primate Ayodele: No President, No Governor, Nobody Can Take Over My Church / HIV Positive Man Dies After He Stopped Taking His Drugs To Show Off His Faith / The Sin Of self-service And Its Consequencies In The Life Of God's People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.