Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,334 members, 7,815,657 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:06 PM

Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? (33394 Views)

Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? / Pastors Reading From Ipad And Tablet Instead Of Holy Book. Right Or Wrong ? / Inside The 100,000 Seat Auditorium Bishop Oyedepo Is Planning To Build (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by jnrbayano(m): 10:59pm On Feb 07, 2015
Sleekyshuga:
Lol @ noise distracted you grin grin grin. You never wan talk truth..

Yeah!! Mum is decent, and before now, I gave the attribute to her church (she is a Deeper lifer), not until I went thru her pics in the oldies.. Then it dawned on me that it has always being her lifestyle to be decent, and not cos of her religion.. I envy her modesty, trust me..

That's lovely.
Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by jnrbayano(m): 11:02pm On Feb 07, 2015
EfemenaXY:

You asked a question. You got the response. You didn't have to like it. It is what it is. You were in the wrong. Next time mind your own business.

Thanks for your input.
Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by Lexusgs430: 11:51pm On Feb 07, 2015
Pickin must chop regardless of location nah
Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by free2ryhme: 11:52pm On Feb 07, 2015
angry angry

She should have done the breast-feeding outside not to distract fellow church members

1 Like

Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by dinocy(m): 11:53pm On Feb 07, 2015
wrong, it should be done outside the church but within the compound

1 Like

Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by eminent007(m): 11:54pm On Feb 07, 2015
glogirl:
@Op,
Just admit that you are a pervert.
The boobs are called mammary glands. Their primary function is to feed babies and not whatever fantasies in your head.
Before you start feeling more righteous than the pope, Maybe you should asked your mum if she ever breastfed you in a public place.
Next time when you see boobs in a baby's mouth , think of them as mammary glands and not boobs. And for God sake, smile at the little baby.

On POINT!!! grin
Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by Francon(f): 11:55pm On Feb 07, 2015
Hello!Pls kindly like my picture on this link to make us win a sum! I Want to start up an initiative with it! https://www.facebook.com/GIGMOTORS/photos/a.217928821606202.55697.217054755026942/840441626021582/?type=1&theater!ThanksGod bless u all
Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by lyrikx(m): 11:59pm On Feb 07, 2015
Imagine dat,maybe we shud b talkin about u controllin ur wanderin eyes.its only a jerk do wud find a nursing mother's boobs attractive,even worse in church...I bet u dint even kno wot d sunday message was bt u did remember seein boobs.

4 Likes

Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by bayo6(m): 11:59pm On Feb 07, 2015
This i will say is like women covering or not the head in church. We see this everyday outside of the church yet we make no plavar. That woman is the same we meet outside of the Church.You sef commot eye and worship God in your heart.Such issues are not important. For all i know the person that sat beside,behind or below you may have committed ritual before coming to church.
Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by Yehman(m): 12:00am On Feb 08, 2015
hushmail:
most churches do have a section for nursing mothers

so if ur church doesnt have one, its time the create one;

as for who is right or wrong, you dont expect the mothers to allow

the child to be disturbing the service with cries, and you dont expect

a believer who came to church to hear the word of God to be outside

during the service.

hope you got my point
When u are done with chanting then, u answer the OP

1 Like

Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by AroOkigbo(m): 12:01am On Feb 08, 2015
KillerBeauty:
Women are free to breastfeed their babies anywhere they want but they shouldn't expose their boobs in the process of doing so. That part of the body have sexual representation and should not be expose with reckless abandonment.
I reread your second sentence.
No wonder they say I'm different....
....of a breastfeeding mother?
Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by HumbledbYGrace(f): 12:01am On Feb 08, 2015
Indecent, but I've never bothered myself with that.

Just that a modest mother should prepare a bottle for her child if she knows there won't be a place "private" for her to br.eastfeed. Especially with the male folks around, they are males and shouldn't be put in awkward situations with things that could easily be avoided.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by motherlode: 12:04am On Feb 08, 2015
shocked i don't think it's right!

1 Like

Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by masties2(f): 12:05am On Feb 08, 2015
Been worried about starting church tomorrow with my 2months baby until I saw this topic.thanks op

2 Likes

Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 12:08am On Feb 08, 2015
Why the bash on the op, calling him pervert? The young mother could have excused herself to the back pew or go out to a secluded place...theres a way you can do a right thing in a wrong way...there is something called decency.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by Reference(m): 12:12am On Feb 08, 2015
EfemenaXY:

You were in the wrong.

You should have minded your own business. The baby's needs over-ride your "fragile" senses. This is so irritating to read. When you guys take a p.is.s up tree trunks in the middle of the road for all and sundry to see, do women come up to you to chastise you for being anti-social?

Ouch! Piss up tree trunks. Below the belt ma'am.

1 Like

Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by phemybof(m): 12:15am On Feb 08, 2015
Anyway, we stil waxing stronger,
#Marchoutjonathan

Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by samplegirl(f): 12:16am On Feb 08, 2015
MrAfrica1:
It is not meant to be. Its either she leaves the church to feed the baby or go home. Bringing out booobs in church can cause a whole lot of distractions.
#myview

When you marry tell your wife to starve your baby because you don't want people to see her boobs. Even make sure the doctor doesn't see them.

5 Likes

Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by MadCow1: 12:16am On Feb 08, 2015
jnrbayano:
Behind the pew I sat this morning during morning mass, some noise filtered into my ears. Taking a look backwards, I saw a young nursing mother with a big "well-ovallized" bosom breastfeeding her baby.

I must admit, I lost concentration on the mass proceedings for a few minutes.

After a while, I turned back again and told her that it isn't proper for her to breastfeed her baby inside the church.

Her response was, "my baby is hungry, why won't I feed him?"

And my rejoinder was, "you ought to have done that outside the church building"

Whether she took the correction in good faith or not I wouldn't know because I never looked back again.

In your candid opinion, who was right, myself or the lady?

You must be a 'MotherFhucker'.. angry

You got aroused at the sight of a breastfeeding mother t!tt!es?! You will be in front of me on the Queue to hell fire on judgement day.. angry

You were wrong.. The mother has a right to breastfeed her baby when the baby is hungry. Inside church o, Molue or where ever..

The problem is not the woman, it's you who got aroused at the sight of a lactating t!tt!e that should be stoned..

4 Likes

Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by ajadematanle: 12:17am On Feb 08, 2015
How do i post a thread
Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by DotaOfAKnig(f): 12:18am On Feb 08, 2015
Not wrong..just indecent
Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by cococandy(f): 12:19am On Feb 08, 2015
mutter:
Abeg remove you eye and concentrate on your mass.

Why should she go outside to breastfeed. Do you know that breast feeding can go on for ages and you want the woman to miss the service because she is feeding the child God gave her.

No better place to breast feed a child than in God`s presence.
God smiles and is gladdened to see her do so.

It is God`s house and not yours!

The important thing is that it is pleasing in his eye.
He is probably more disturbed about people entering his house in tolerant and unclean.

Next time you see such a thing smile at the lady and appreciate her service to mankind and then mind your biz.

grin grin grin

This woman will not kill me

2 Likes

Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by MadCow1: 12:19am On Feb 08, 2015
BlaqCoffee109:
Why the bash on the op, calling him pervert? The young mother could have excused herself to the back pew or go out to a secluded place...theres a way you can do a right thing in a wrong way...there is something called decency.

What is indecent about breastfeeding? undecided

Or is it the b-reast that is indecent?

3 Likes

Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by cococandy(f): 12:20am On Feb 08, 2015
Jnrbayano face your work cheesy
Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by David0(m): 12:20am On Feb 08, 2015
hushmail:
most churches do have a section for nursing mothers

so if ur church doesnt have one, its time the create one;

as for who is right or wrong, you dont expect the mothers to allow

the child to be disturbing the service with cries, and you dont expect

a believer who came to church to hear the word of God to be outside

during the service.

hope you got my point

I get ur point, but I think ur wrong. As a nursing mother and a believer who really wants to hear d word, shud knw dat her baby will at some point b hungry. She doesn't hv to breastfeed d baby, thr r alternatives. Besides if she has to breastfeed d child, she can move to a secluded area or go outside d church auditorium. U really don't know how much distractions she ll cos in d name of I want to hear d word of God. Right thing done at the wrong time, makes it wrong.

Imagine Op look back d first tym see tins, then he was moved to look d 2nd tym. I sure say na mk e for no b like say d tin dey affect im neck, na im make am form correction o. Op we understand ur question. grin

1 Like

Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by samplegirl(f): 12:21am On Feb 08, 2015
Many people are in the church for many reasons. But people who are in the church to worship GOD are not distracted by such things like a mother showing love to her God given baby.

@Op you are rotten in your heart. Who knows how far you went, maybe you even had some arousal. Na you sabi.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by Kentrasso(f): 12:21am On Feb 08, 2015
Bros you need to be sanctified. Ask God to circumcise your heart and mind

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by MadCow1: 12:23am On Feb 08, 2015
DotaOfAKnig:
Not wrong..just indecent

What makes breastfeeding indecent?

If a child is hungry inside a Molue in traffic on third mainland bridge, should be mother come down and breastfeed the child on the bridge so as not to offend the sensibility of the passengers on board or feed the child there on the bus?

If u see a breastfeeding mother and get aroused or offended, you have some serious issues that needs therapy.. fact!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by ITbomb(m): 12:24am On Feb 08, 2015
Wey the pix

3 Likes

Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by Kentrasso(f): 12:25am On Feb 08, 2015
masties2:
Been worried about starting church tomorrow with my 2months baby until I saw this topic.thanks op

Dont let anybody make you not to go to the house of God. Dirty minds will continue to be dirty whether you are there or not.
Your soul is important to God.
Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by cococandy(f): 12:25am On Feb 08, 2015
glogirl:
@Op,
Just admit that you are a pervert.
The boobs are called mammary glands. Their primary function is to feed babies and not whatever fantasies in your head.
Before you start feeling more righteous than the pope, Maybe you should asked your mum if she ever breastfed you in a public place.
Next time when you see boobs in a baby's mouth , think of them as mammary glands and not boobs. And for God sake, smile at the little baby .
grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by MadCow1: 12:27am On Feb 08, 2015
David0:

I get ur point, but I think ur wrong. As a nursing mother and a believer who really wants to hear d word, shud knw dat her baby will at some point b hungry. She doesn't hv to breastfeed d baby, thr r alternatives. Besides if she has to breastfeed d child, she can move to a secluded area or go outside d church auditorium. U really don't know how much distractions she ll cos in d name of I want to hear d word of God. Right thing done at the wrong time, makes it wrong.

Outside the church no be public area?

What if she was in a bus?

And speaking of alternatives, what if the child is being exclusively breastfed?

When I see a breastfeeding woman, my mind does not even go to 'O!! Nice t!tt!es'.. because that shiit isn't supposed to be sexual.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Rev. Ladi Thompson's 2018 Prophecy About Nigeria: "Blood Will Spill" / Primate Ayodele: No President, No Governor, Nobody Can Take Over My Church / The Sin Of self-service And Its Consequencies In The Life Of God's People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.