Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,422 members, 7,815,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:06 PM

Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? (33404 Views)

Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? / Pastors Reading From Ipad And Tablet Instead Of Holy Book. Right Or Wrong ? / Inside The 100,000 Seat Auditorium Bishop Oyedepo Is Planning To Build (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by djhenry(m): 8:28am On Feb 08, 2015
in my own perception breastfeeding in church is naturally accepted by me because naturally she ought to do that... we don't expect her to consistently go outside d church premises on how long n how many time a day if d new baby desires d breastfeeding for 10times in d church....check it out guys...? only d canal minded guys in church will certainly b distracted by seeing a nursing mother breast...even some young ladies breast don't even move me not to talk of a nursing mothers breast...wat a shame to those that tinks or lost by d breastfeeding breast...
Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by TrishaP(f): 8:31am On Feb 08, 2015
It is totally wrong. I can't stand the sight of my fellow lady pulling out her bosom from her dress in public. Not right! Whatever happened to privacy.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by jnrbayano(m): 8:33am On Feb 08, 2015
babyosisi:

Please cut that out
The breast was right in front of him and everyone else
It is indecent to do that in public
People should carry a cloth and cover that breast when they whip it out
I would have said something to her too
That is totally unacceptable

I pray she gets a fair judgement from God and not the way she judged me by calling me a pervert.

1 Like

Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by Ekeke1(m): 8:34am On Feb 08, 2015
Do u want 2 lead people into temptation? Pls o some people in diz world r nt just normal, datz y u v 2 luk 4 a hiden place 2 breast feed u child.

1 Like

Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by jnrbayano(m): 8:36am On Feb 08, 2015
dadoctore:
Most of wat I read ere is pure hypocrisy! Hw many of u men chiding d Op will be comfy sitting beside ur wife who's doing exactly wat d Op described? ITS JUST NOT RIGHT!!! Hw can a woman(a learned 1 I wana believe) in dis age n time do dat in public...much less a place of worship?? Let's cut d bullshiit talking bout d Op's wandering eyes cos we all knw he can't av been d only one who saw it(n felt uncomfy bout it) so u can imagine dere would av been sm whispers going on concerning wat d woman in question did,only tin is no1 had d guts to speak up prolly for fear of wat d Op is presently facing atm ere...n dat really is part of wat 'kills' us as a people...dis no-be-me-talk-am attitude we adopt.
My conclusion is dis...an usher(female pref) shulda done her duty dere by coming to lead d woman to a secluded area of d church whr she can feed her baby as well as pay attention to d service.

May God bless you for this.
Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by HARMYMY(f): 8:38am On Feb 08, 2015
jnrbayano:

I was distracted by the noise.

Can't a noise distract you?

Tell your mum her decency is skin deep. Make sure you take after that woman.

Breast feeding inside the church or Public place can be ABSOLUTE Right or Wrong based on the Mother dressing.
Nursing mother has to dress decent. I ave friend nursing baby u can't even see her Nipple outside talk less of the milking bag. Because she wear decent cloth and nursing cloth throughout d nursing period. She wears cloth that allow her breast feed comfortable.

I felt disgusting any time I see nursing mother pulling breast up from their cloth and exposing it to People all in the name of breast feeding. Nursing mother should wear nursing cloth throughout the nursing period. They can tell their fashion designer to sow their cloth in a fashion way by putting zip beside their Top not @the back or putting two zip @ the front in a fashion way and for the gown style by putting Zip below the milking bag.

Me as expected Mother I can breast feed my baby in public if d baby need arise for it.

1 Like

Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by jnrbayano(m): 8:41am On Feb 08, 2015
Kei144:
Tit. 1:15 To the pure, all things are pure, but to those who are corrupted and do not believe, nothing is pure. In fact, both their minds and consciences are corrupted.

Any male who is disturbed by a woman breastfeeding her child in the church needs sanctification.

Oh yes! I need it.

Only the righteous don't need it.
Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 8:47am On Feb 08, 2015
jnrbayano:

I couldn't believe she called me a pervert after reading the Op.

Was I ever rude to her?
Don't mind her. Women are looking for excuses to go nude. See the leggings they wear now... the whole cunnt is out. Chai.

1 Like

Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by krystal101(f): 8:48am On Feb 08, 2015
This op tho...
What exactly are you driving at? You're a very confused fellow. I have two children, I'm educated & well exposed. I feed my children well, infact 2wks ago my baby was crying while in church, I brought out breast to feed her, she's 4months & we're doing exclusive so I've not started giving her other foods. What would you expect a baby of that age to do? Leave the child to keep crying?

Ppl like this op will see women that are scantily dressed, do you correct such ppl

1 Like

Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by jnrbayano(m): 8:50am On Feb 08, 2015
Joel3:
what if i bring oit my dick imside the church to scratch it. Will ladys get distracted?

Is that ok in their sight

Don't mind them

They said it's a natural thing to breastfeed a baby anywhere the need arises, I agreed.

Bringing out the joystick to scratch on in the church isn't it non-distracting and right?

Someone already called them "hypocrites" and I agree totally.

God bless you.
Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by AreaFada2: 8:56am On Feb 08, 2015
musb92yahooco:
It is safe to say Goodluck Ebele Jonathan is behind the Boko Harram insurgency in #Nigeria by refusing to deal with terrorism until election .

Fellow Nigerians, Lets shun violence and peacefully March4Buhari

Wetin concern bros Jona plus Boko with bossom feeding in the church again? Abi you hear say the thing happen for Otuoke? shocked

You nor know say mentioning Boko & church na bad market?
Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by jnrbayano(m): 8:56am On Feb 08, 2015
Mega72:
It should be done decently,not only in church but in any public area,even if the church has no place for nursing mother,she should use her sence and look for a hiden place and feed the baby...some women no get shame!!

I don't really understand the young women of this age sometimes.

Well there are exceptions though.

It's a shame really.
Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by Sacramento4real(m): 8:57am On Feb 08, 2015
jnrbayano:

I don't
Why u go get am?After u don see oversize bobby.
Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by jnrbayano(m): 8:59am On Feb 08, 2015
productad:

Thank you jare,
I can bet the speakers are loud enough for her to hear from outside.
Some women just want to always prove a point with their stubbornness.
My pastor frowns at baby crying in the congregation.
Why? Because you won't hear and you won't allow others to hear the preaching (the primary purpose of coming is to worship not breastfeed).
Hiaaan! Some women sef cheesy

Certifiedboss:
My dear you have a brain and you make use of it... Nice comment

God bless you
Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by AreaFada2: 9:01am On Feb 08, 2015
jnrbayano:

Don't mind them

They said it's a natural thing to breastfeed a baby anywhere the need arises, I agreed.

Bringing out the joystick to scratch on in the church isn't it non-distracting and right?

Someone already called them "hypocrites" and I agree totally.

God bless you.

Joystick ko, wrinkly blokkors ni. grin cheesy
Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by baywatch84(m): 9:03am On Feb 08, 2015
MarvellousGod:
It's neither right nor wrong. . but to me, it's indecent. . Will rather find an isolated place where there will be less prying eyes, can't let every Tom, dick and Harry see my bwest abeg...
I wonder how old you are, let see how protective and conscious it when you are pregnant, it will be free for all
Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:03am On Feb 08, 2015
KillerBeauty:

This is africa of the new age/modern africa/21st century africa. Most women in africa don't go out with their chest bare anymore like it use to be in prehistoric times. Or when was the last time you saw women in your neighbourhood walking around barechested.
Also the female boobs has always caught the fancy of the male eyes like it caught the eyes of the op. Like it or not to men the boobs is part of their sexual fantasy.

You dey craze. Im talkin about the context pf breastfeeding with a child attached to your tin.

Wats wrong with you??
Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:05am On Feb 08, 2015
jnrbayano:

So you wish death upon me?

Why Pagan?

Im just hia to change your way of thinking. I hope you read all the comments on this thread.

But then again, our menfolk are naturally stubborn. I am. So i dont know really. .
Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by jnrbayano(m): 9:06am On Feb 08, 2015
Purehuman:
From what I've in the first and second page, I will have to say that many women do not know how to air their views without being rude.

Goes to show how their brains work.

Me too, they hauled abuses on me non-stop without recourse to decorum and respect.

The lady that first brought that word "pervert" to this thread I wondered what wrong I did to her to use such demeaning word on someone he hasn't seen before nor read his comments before.

Thanks
Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by mutter(f): 9:08am On Feb 08, 2015
It is like you are trying to justify what is obviously indecent and unrighteous to do in the house of God. If it is true that there is no better place to bosom-feed one's child than in the church, one can also say that there is no better place to serve one's children and husband food and make love to him than in the church!
God said His house shall be called a house of prayer, should we make it a house of free show of boobs and bosom-feeding?

@ Anointed are you God? How do you know what is pleasing to him?

Imagine a woman in church with her baby trying to follow the mass. Getting inspired and communicating with her God. The spirit coming down on her, and then...

Hang on God, I have to go out and breast feed!

Certainly not ! Do you want to deprive her of the word of God for so many months?

If I have to go to the car to breast feed I can as well stay at home.
Blame the community for not making provision for the mothers.

1 Like

Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 9:11am On Feb 08, 2015
Anyone who has seen a mother breastfeeding a baby knows that the baby's head covers almost her entire bosom.
Besides a mother breas*tfeeding her baby is one of the most natural and innocent things and should not be thought of as decent or indecent.

If you have dirty thoughts because you see a mother feeding her child, then you really need to work on yourself instead of telling mothers where to feed their children.

I have a friend with a newly-born and sometimes we would like to go out somewhere but it's impossible to go to some places with the child because it is tiresome, inconvenient and stressful for mother and child. Why? Because some people hyperventilate on seeing a mother feeding her child.

1 Like

Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by jnrbayano(m): 9:15am On Feb 08, 2015
zigger:
C'mon give him a break, he didn't say he was uncomfortable he was distracted by noise he looked back and his eyes met the boobs (dat makes him human) he then gave it a thought and looked a second time to correct the woman. I don't think there is anythin wrong in that. If u are seated and den u saw a very sane man coming to ur direction na.ked(maybe someone u know) u will look @ him a second and even third time and will definetly look @ his JT. Its involuntary. That's wot makes us human

This was what I have explained time and again but they have refused to comprehend.

Their minds have already been programmed to attack attack attack attack him.

God bless you and give you more wisdom and discerning mind.
Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by delishpot: 9:20am On Feb 08, 2015
jnrbayano:

Let them also do that during board meetings.

Humans will deny fellow humany many things God will not. You can annioint people in church as a pastor but not in board meeting, you can sing and dance in a church but not in board meeting ,you cannot just walk out of a board meeting but you cant do so in a board meeting, you can decide not to attend church for any reason but you cant just miss a board meeting if you want to keep your job.
You can just burst out speaking in tongues in church but not in a board meeting.
Even Jesus said, give unto ceaser what is ceasers. Board oga did not give tge woman boobs or babies so its understand able if he chooses not to see a breast feeding child or even a child sleeping in the office.
God gave the woman her child, and her boobs and every christian sees the child and the mother feeding it as blessing, as increase and as a good thing so they clap and cheer when the baby enters church.

1 Like

Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by rigarmortis: 9:26am On Feb 08, 2015
Depends on who is sucking.

The baby or ''your baby''
Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by dadoctore(m): 9:27am On Feb 08, 2015
delishpot:

Humans will deny fellow humany many things God will not. You can annioint people in church as a pastor but not in board meeting, you can sing and dance in a church but not in board meeting ,you cannot just walk out of a board meeting but you cant do so in a board meeting, you can decide not to attend church for any reason but you cant just miss a board meeting if you want to keep your job.
You can just burst out speaking in tongues in church but not in a board meeting.
In both places u need full concentration,in both places uve gotta be appropriately dressed,in both places uve gotta be mindful dat ur actions dnt -vely affect others,in both places distractions(like ur mobile) won't be condoned...need I say more?!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by dapojaja(m): 9:43am On Feb 08, 2015
What many pple here don't know is that sometimes d spirit could be strong but d flesh weak. King David, a God's anointed , told us his ordeal with beasheba in his book. He could have looked away but couldn't resist d temptation of d sight of a beautiful woman's nudity. Or what could have made King Solomon, the wisest on earth and an anointed, to go with 700 wives and 300 concubines. Such acts like this have lured some pastors into conjuring up fake private deliverance. We are talking about desist in from things u do that make a weak brother to fall.
Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by davide470(m): 9:55am On Feb 08, 2015
KillerBeauty:
Women are free to breastfeed their babies anywhere they want but they shouldn't expose their boobs in the process of doing so. That part of the body have sexual representation and should not be expose with reckless abandonment.
To a normal guy, there's nothing absolute enticing in seeing a breastfeeding mother boobs. So exposing the boobs has none or minute effect, as compared to a young killer beauty boobs.

So the main crux should be, Young ladies should stop exposing their boobs.

Yes, I have said boobs like 4 times now. Its part of the body.

1 Like

Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by loomer: 9:56am On Feb 08, 2015
U no know wetin u find go church,
Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by foxgiovani(m): 10:03am On Feb 08, 2015
A lactating boobs shouldn't be attractive. Though I know for younger mothers with probably the first child, she may still look enticing to male folks but the bottom line is once a woman is married, try not to find anything about her attractive. Men take note!
Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by oloyede252(m): 10:06am On Feb 08, 2015
carefreewannabe:
Anyone who has seen a mother breastfeeding a baby knows that the baby's head covers almost her entire bosom.
Besides a mother breas*tfeeding her baby is one of the most natural and innocent things and should not be thought of as decent or indecent.

If you have dirty thoughts because you see a mother feeding her child, then you really need to work on yourself instead of telling mothers where to feed their children.

I have a friend with a newly-born and sometimes we would like to go out somewhere but it's impossible to go to some places with the child because it is tiresome, inconvenient and stressful for mother and child. Why? Because some people hyperventilate on seeing a mother feeding her child.

hy sis the op asked a simple question.why d story if u cant ans it.na so ppl dey fail exam.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by Purehuman(m): 10:07am On Feb 08, 2015
jnrbayano:

Me too, they hauled abuses on me non-stop without recourse to decorum and respect.

The lady that first brought that word "pervert" to this thread I wondered what wrong I did to her to use such demeaning word on someone he hasn't seen before nor read his comments before.

Thanks
In their minds, they'll think they have given a very good opinion. I just wish some people can be taught how converse in public.
Re: Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? by kunlenkirol(m): 10:10am On Feb 08, 2015
EfemenaXY:

You were in the wrong.

You should have minded your own business. The baby's needs over-ride your "fragile" senses. This is so irritating to read. When you guys take a p.is.s up tree trunks in the middle of the road for all and sundry to see, do women come up to you to chastise you for being anti-social?
is anything wrong in his post. The nursing mother did not apply sense even in the church. When a woman exposes her big boobs, what do you expect flesh and blood to do. The woman should have looked for a corner to breast feed her baby.

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

HIV Positive Man Dies After He Stopped Taking His Drugs To Show Off His Faith / The Sin Of self-service And Its Consequencies In The Life Of God's People / See What A Prophet Made A Man Go Through

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.