Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,088 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:25 AM

Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? - Islam for Muslims (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? (14079 Views)

Is Terrorism A Muslim Monopoly? / Is Terrorism A Muslim Monopoly? / Islam And Terrorism: A Christian Responds To Tbaba1234 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Go Down)

Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by enugu(f): 12:24pm On Oct 13, 2006
babyosisi:

and Muslim terrorism started with 911?,never heard PANAM 183?,several in Naija and other places?

Thank you! i really do not know what else to say or ask
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by enugu(f): 12:29pm On Oct 13, 2006
nilla:

why do you guys always think that the people that are not on your side in calling muslims terrorist are muslims.

I never gave you the impression or said i was muslim.

Like i keep saying i don't know what kind of answer you expected from me.

Dont tell me what to answer or not answer. its a free for all thread isn't it.

the question is " Is terrorism a muslim problem"
to which my answer is no. We've had terrorists long before 911.

I don't believe I've told you what to answer or what not to answer as the case may be. I only took you up based on your reply to other people's comments. Fair enough, you've managed to clarify your stance- you are not a muslim and terrorism is not a muslim problem- that is clear enough.

However, the terrorists we had long before 9/11, were also synonymous with muslims; majority of them. (just for your records)

But of course, you're entitled to your opinion.

Cheers smiley
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by enugu(f): 12:31pm On Oct 13, 2006
olabowale:

@Bhola: Thank you. Fortunately, there is not sign of bitterness in by heart and I am not a one who retched looking. Glory belonds to Allah, alone. I am a person who practices any thing other than depend on God, without any other. However, if you read my entries in the general sense of it, I have ignored a few of people who have personally attacked me.

When I was a little boy, I had friends who could actually have me as a grandchild. Now, I do have friends who are a lot younger that my own children. I have Nigerian friend who I could easily be his father. I do not let him or anybody give me undue respect. The reason is that I do not let age differences come between real personality. However, every person should be his/her own critic, before others. Majority is not always right, but it could rule. So is age. The truth is always right.

So read my entries and read other entries in response to me. When I descovered this board, I thought what you will have are mature people. I concentrated on religion alone. I avoid even the christian entries, because I do not want to offend anyone. If the nigerian mind is such that every other word is to abuse people and be very caustic, then what kind of future are we hoping for, say 100 years from now?

Some people will seaze at a chance to abuse the living and the dead, without any reflection, whatsoever. You want to abuse Muhammad (AS) and his Lord (Alla), go ahead. One is actually doing that at one's own peril. Some call Muhammad (AS) mo and Allah the Almighty allah. However, you need to caution yourself, always.

Thanks, again, Bhola. At the end, All thanks belong to Allah. I am neither bitter nor saddened "old man". God is good to me. I am successful and known in what I do. I am healthy and not sick. All of these are from the mercy of The Most Merciful on me. I have a lot of Christians and Jews as personal fiends and also as business associates. And they are not all Nigerians and Americans, alone. I also have Hindu and Buddist as friend. Inshort, I am a very happy man and grateful to God Almighty Allah for it.

@Olabowale,

Is that why I am yet to receive a reply from you
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by olabowale(m): 2:56pm On Oct 13, 2006
@Enugu: I had to look back at past entries to realize you may need a response from me. To me, most entries are very rhetorical.

Now to your question or hypothesis; Every one, male and female, young and old have a direct access to God, The Creator. You do not have to go through any of God's creations to connect to Him. Contrary to believe of a sizeable population of mankind, there is no need to have a mediem between the creation to the Creator. However, God, the Creator sent successions of Prophets and Messengers to mankind. The functions of these noble souls were to guide, warn and lead mankind, according to the revelation the received. The revelations are the blueprints and it was fully understood by the receiver. It is this receiver, who the people of his time would follow, in way of worshipping and need. First, we must all believe in the real Oneness and the indivisibility of God.

I believe that the core difference of all world's religions is what Creator means to each group. I person who does not even believe in the existence of God, can be an instrant believer under extrem stress. For example, if the vessel this person is sailing on hits rough water and about to break apart. Inshort, if people fear that their life is ending, you hear the quickness of calling God to bring them to safety. Although, after the terrible condition has passed and there is no more immediate of death, the unbeliever may go back to the old ways about God.

It is true that you really cannot fight God's fight. God is the Owner of all things, no one can fight Him and not be total destruction. The destruction that we as human being most is the destruction of after life. From all that I have read and experienced, God defeat all His enemies through the hands of His believing servants. A good example is the case of Ibrahiim (AS) and Numerod, the evil king of babylonian.
Another example is Musa (AS) and Pharaoh, the evil king of Egypt. There are others. Daud (AS0 was one who defeated Goliat. God could have defeated this people and entities without using any of these noble souls at I listed. However, you see that the heart of the true believers are strenghten , be it when the events listed were happening or those who hear about these in later generations.

I am going to tell you now about a story dear to my heart, to further clarify any murkiness. In the time of the last receiver of revelation, Muhammad (AS). In the 15th year of the revelation, he (AS) and his companions (RA), had their first battle, against the Makkans. The story abound with the essence of the persecution that the Muslims suffered up to this time. At the battle front, even though the Muslims were just 1/3 the size of the opposing makkans. The muslims were ill equiped and lacked the essential sustaining provisions and of course, it was the time of the obligatory fasting month of Ramadan.

However Muhammad (AS), by his Lord, was commanded to through a handful of dirt to the direction of the galant makkans. Immediately, the muslims were able to defeat this group of enemy. The makkans lost 77 people and the muslims, just only 7! This event of throwing a hand full of dirt is written in the Qur'an, if you search on the Battle of Badr.

However, some of the enemies of Islam in this battle, who later became Muslims spoke about the event that, it was as if grains of sand got into their eyes. The muslims, without proper equipment were surprised when they inspected the makkan dead, found some of their necks to have burnt marks. Muhammad (AS) explained to them that God, the Almighty had sent His Angels to reinforce the muslim rank. The weapon used by the Angels in this battle had a burning effect in it. The reinforcement of the muslims was also available in the Qur'an.

Inshort, God is capable to defend Himself. However, you His creation should be able to stand firm on truth, defending God, if only through dialogue.
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by Nobody: 4:44pm On Oct 13, 2006
@ Olabowole
How I wish your last sentence there was one Muslims can confidently say.
If y'all really preached that,there would be no need for this conversations
and all the other atrocities in the name of allah.
Start by wiping the areas calling for our heads off the Koran because that is the driving force for your brethren slaughtering us and each other.

You are not even safe from Shittes,ask the Iranians.
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by olabowale(m): 6:22pm On Oct 13, 2006
@Babyosisi: It is in the Qur'an that nothing happens to any creation, except God knows about it and He has permitted it. God, the Almighty Allah, is in control of all events, so much so, that if leaf falls off it contact to the branch of the biggest tree in the forest, eg, the Californian Red tree, God is aware of it. Its precise timing and its occurrence is in the book, already recorded.

So, coming back to the Shia, no soul can be separated from its host body, except that it has used up its measured sustenants. Even the number of breath is known. No one can be shortchanged nor take more that whatever the measurement is. It is through shia from Iran and Egypt that I began to look at Islam, not as a tradition, but a critical way of discriminating between right and wrong, in all matters of life.

Perhaps, it is something you may look into, in the future. As per your recent entry, where you alluded that the Muslims may be crusading in the future, probably following the footstep of the christians. I just have to say this, if there is an advantage in any thing, as long as it is good, anybody can adopt it, even from an Idol worshipper. Afterall, it is God, the Almighty Allah who created the individual and to Him is our return. However, the Muslims have been making Tafsir, Wahsy and Jaulla, as early as the beginning of the Islam of Muhammad (AS). Also, Musa (AS), preached to Pharaoh. Preaching or crusading did not start with the 'christians'. Its is in the DNA of mankind.
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by Nobody: 6:34pm On Oct 13, 2006
olabowale:

@Babyosisi: It is in the Qur'an that nothing happens to any creation, except God knows about it and He has permitted it. God, the Almighty Allah, is in control of all events, so much so, that if leaf falls off it contact to the branch of the biggest tree in the forest, eg, the Californian Red tree, God is aware of it. Its precise timing and its occurrence is in the book, already recorded.

So, coming back to the Shia, no soul can be separated from its host body, except that it has used up its measured sustenants. Even the number of breath is known.

NOTE: Pls look closely at how the above highlighted text sounds eerily similar to Matthew 10:  29Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? and one of them shall not fall on the ground without your Father.
  30But the very hairs of your head are all numbered.

olabowale:

However, the Muslims have been making Tafsir, Wahsy and Jaulla, as early as the beginning of the Islam of Muhammad (AS). Also, Musa (AS), preached to Pharaoh. Preaching or crusading did not start with the 'christians'. Its is in the DNA of mankind.

When did Moses "preach" to pharaoh? how on earth did that story too find its mangled way into that (un)holy quran?

Yeah right, "preaching" indeed is in the DNA of man, it must have just been a late genetic mutation that the muslims acquired. I cant remember a muslim "preaching" as far back as 1990! What are they preaching? I thought the spread of the quran was by the sword, deceit and mass procreation?

Can someone pls help me with any shango worshipper that "preaches" too?
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by enugu(f): 11:48pm On Oct 14, 2006
olabowale:

@Enugu: I had to look back at past entries to realize you may need a response from me. To me, most entries are very rhetorical.

Now to your question or hypothesis; Every one, male and female, young and old have a direct access to God, The Creator. You do not have to go through any of God's creations to connect to Him. Contrary to believe of a sizeable population of mankind, there is no need to have a mediem between the creation to the Creator. However, God, the Creator sent successions of Prophets and Messengers to mankind. The functions of these noble souls were to guide, warn and lead mankind, according to the revelation the received. The revelations are the blueprints and it was fully understood by the receiver. It is this receiver, who the people of his time would follow, in way of worshipping and need. First, we must all believe in the real Oneness and the indivisibility of God.

I believe that the core difference of all world's religions is what Creator means to each group. I person who does not even believe in the existence of God, can be an instrant believer under extrem stress. For example, if the vessel this person is sailing on hits rough water and about to break apart. Inshort, if people fear that their life is ending, you hear the quickness of calling God to bring them to safety. Although, after the terrible condition has passed and there is no more immediate of death, the unbeliever may go back to the old ways about God.

It is true that you really cannot fight God's fight. God is the Owner of all things, no one can fight Him and not be total destruction. The destruction that we as human being most is the destruction of after life. From all that I have read and experienced, God defeat all His enemies through the hands of His believing servants. A good example is the case of Ibrahiim (AS) and Numerod, the evil king of babylonian.
Another example is Musa (AS) and Pharaoh, the evil king of Egypt. There are others. Daud (AS0 was one who defeated Goliat. God could have defeated this people and entities without using any of these noble souls at I listed. However, you see that the heart of the true believers are strenghten , be it when the events listed were happening or those who hear about these in later generations.

I am going to tell you now about a story dear to my heart, to further clarify any murkiness. In the time of the last receiver of revelation, Muhammad (AS). In the 15th year of the revelation, he (AS) and his companions (RA), had their first battle, against the Makkans. The story abound with the essence of the persecution that the Muslims suffered up to this time. At the battle front, even though the Muslims were just 1/3 the size of the opposing makkans. The muslims were ill equiped and lacked the essential sustaining provisions and of course, it was the time of the obligatory fasting month of Ramadan.

However Muhammad (AS), by his Lord, was commanded to through a handful of dirt to the direction of the galant makkans. Immediately, the muslims were able to defeat this group of enemy. The makkans lost 77 people and the muslims, just only 7! This event of throwing a hand full of dirt is written in the Qur'an, if you search on the Battle of Badr.

However, some of the enemies of Islam in this battle, who later became Muslims spoke about the event that, it was as if grains of sand got into their eyes. The muslims, without proper equipment were surprised when they inspected the makkan dead, found some of their necks to have burnt marks. Muhammad (AS) explained to them that God, the Almighty had sent His Angels to reinforce the muslim rank. The weapon used by the Angels in this battle had a burning effect in it. The reinforcement of the muslims was also available in the Qur'an.

Inshort, God is capable to defend Himself. However, you His creation should be able to stand firm on truth, defending God, if only through dialogue.

@Olabowale,

Thanks for finally replying my post and clarifying yourself on some points; especially the ones about God fighting for you etc. You did not however clarify the issue of Noah nor did you mention anything about the other points I made about God's injunction to us to love our enemies.

Be that as it may, I will let that pass because in the final analysis, that is not the issue at hand.

However, the last and pertinent point which is the issue at hand, was left out which is why is terrorism synonymous with muslims? or like the thread asked is terrorism a muslim problem?

Awaiting your reply
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by Wumine(f): 1:04pm On Oct 17, 2006
Oh yes it is! am still standing firm on that. if it is not then it is related to islam cos to me 99.9% of terrorists are muslims. i leave the 0.1% to those that will say this statistic is a lie.
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by Nobody: 5:19pm On Oct 17, 2006
Muhammad never killed anyone unjustly or anyone who disagreed with him,how can terrorism be a Muslim problem?
he led an examplary peaceful life,taught people to love their neighbors,live in peace and give alms to the poor.
Where do you get these ideas from.
The Koran never sanctioned the killing of any infidels.

playing the devils advocate
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by Hugoboi(m): 5:20pm On Oct 17, 2006
nobody is saying terrorism is a muslim problem.Seems to me its one tenet/dogma of Islam as a wholeno pun intended
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by Seun(m): 5:32pm On Oct 17, 2006
Judaism is as violent as Islam if not more.
Muslims should please emulate the Jews and practice their 'violent' religion in a more civil manner.
It's a matter of interpretation. The religion is not so different, but it's interpreted in a violent manner.
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by belloti(m): 4:33pm On Oct 18, 2006
Can you tell me who post more violent messages on nairaland. The muslims or the christians. To tell you the truth i only hear about violence when i log on to nairaland
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by Nobody: 5:24pm On Oct 18, 2006
belloti:

Can you tell me who post more violent messages on nairaland. The muslims or the christians. To tell you the truth i only hear about violence when i log on to nairaland

Stop being melodramatic! Is any one here posting about cutting off heads and hands and suicide bombing muslims? Is free expression of our frustration equivalent to "violence"? Do you really understand the meaning of the word violence? would you rather be a muslim in USA or a christian jew in Iran?
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by Aggressa(m): 12:44am On Oct 19, 2006
belloti:

Can you tell me who post more violent messages on nairaland. The muslims or the Christians. To tell you the truth i only hear about violence when i log on to nairaland

@Belloti,
You know, you really really remind me of an 'Ostrich' with your statements and positions most times. You'll rather bury your head in the sand and 'pretend' as if you dont see the 'going-ons' in the world vis a vis Islam. That is the position of an Ostrich. That is just a 'figure of speech' before you start accusing me abusing you no. grin grin
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by belloti(m): 4:25pm On Oct 27, 2006
One funny thing again is that your opinions are always suppose to reign supreme. What i was saying was that you guys talked about violence and killings in 90% of your posts. Is that the only thing we can discuss as comrades? why cant we speak about positive things?

Instead of straining our nerves on middleeast politics which forever will continue to polarise us why cant we dissect the need for us to unite as one community to face the global challenges threatening our world?.
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by Aggressa(m): 4:47pm On Oct 27, 2006
belloti:

One funny thing again is that your opinions are always suppose to reign supreme. What i was saying was that you guys talked about violence and killings in 90% of your posts. Is that the only thing we can discuss as comrades? why can't we speak about positive things?
Instead of straining our nerves on middleeast politics which forever will continue to polarise us why can't we dissect the need for us to unite as one community to face the global challenges threatening our world?.

@ 'Oga Belloti'
OK now, make you start, tell us the positive things make we discuss. grin Seriously
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by Nobody: 4:49pm On Oct 27, 2006
go to the political threads and do so.
The question here s clear.
Terrorism is a Muslim problem.

http://www.republicanandproud.com/warning.htm
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by belloti(m): 9:52am On Nov 07, 2006
Babyosisi. If Terrorism is a muslim problem, why then the question? it could have being obvious. I dont know if you ever heard of Timothy Mcveigh or George W. Bush?
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by lafile(m): 12:49pm On Nov 07, 2006
Question: why is terrorism synonymous with muslims?

Answer: Acts of Terrorism may have been carried out by people of all religions, race and ideological persuasions in the past but in this day and age most Acts of Terrorism are carried out by muslims. Terrorists like the baader-meinhof gang and the red brigade in the past never used 'god' or religion as justification for their acts. if they did maybe adherents of their religion would have been associated with terrorism. but terrorists like the ones we have today use islam as their justification and there is never any clear cut rebuke from the muslim community.
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by belloti(m): 1:48pm On Nov 07, 2006
Thats not true. Does the sunnis or shiites in Iraq uses religion as their justification? Does the Palestinians uses Islam as their justification or Does Bin laden totally used Islam as his Justification. You only see terrorism where there is invasions and injustice. Thats why you dont see terrorism in UAE, Qatar, Kuwait or the rest of the peaceful world. Then who do you think hold the solutions? Thats my own question
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by nilla(f): 1:53pm On Nov 07, 2006
Once again. Terrorism is not a muslim problem.
But some people on this thread wont get that.
There will continue to be terrorism when people keep on discriminating. now they are discriminating against muslims.
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by Aggressa(m): 2:41pm On Nov 07, 2006
belloti:

Thats not true. Does the sunnis or shiites in Iraq uses religion as their justification? Does the Palestinians uses Islam as their justification or Does Bin laden totally used Islam as his Justification. You only see terrorism where there is invasions and injustice.

@Belloti, grin
At times when I read your post, I wonder whether you live on the moon and occasionally visit planet earth or probably get your information on occurences on earth by watching the news clips on Moon TV. Seriously!! So what do all your brothers you mentioned above use as their justification to wreck havoc if not their faith? Do you even know the history of the sunnis' and the shiites,? they've been at each others throat since the 11 century, why did iranian presidents and the Ayatollahs and palestines declared they want to wipe out israel and it's allies?. Do you simply think it is because of the land issues? Belloti, Belloti, do your research well well my brother!
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by belloti(m): 3:30pm On Nov 07, 2006
Havila, you cant tell me the sunni and shiites are fighting the infidels. they are fighting for regional supremacy and control. its all political. The Israel issue is about occupation and invasions. They dont care if the jews decide to be pagans or whatever, but give them their land and all goes well. I tell you nobody will just slaughter an innocent unbeliever just because he is not a muslim. The Holy Quran says

And in their footsteps We sent Jesus the son of Mary, confirming the Law that had come before him: We sent him the Gospel: therein was guidance and light, and confirmation of the Law that had come before him: a guidance and an admonition to those who fear Allah.
( سورة المائدة , Al-Maeda, Chapter #5, Verse #46)

This is the guidance of Allah. He giveth that guidance to whom He pleaseth, of His worshippers. If they were to join other gods with Him, all that they did would be vain for them.
( سورة الأنعام , Al-Anaam, Chapter #6, Verse #88)

Thy Lord knoweth best who strayeth from His way: He knoweth best who they are that receive His guidance.
( سورة الأنعام , Al-Anaam, Chapter #6, Verse #117)

Say: "O ye men! Now Truth hath reached you from your Lord! those who receive guidance, do so for the good of their own souls; those who stray, do so to their own loss: and I am not (set) over you to arrange your affairs."
( سورة يونس , Yunus, Chapter #10, Verse #108)
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by Nobody: 8:59pm On Nov 07, 2006
read these also.
Allahs commands.

[b]KORAN commands to kill infidels:

Allah is an enemy to unbelievers. - Sura 2:98

On unbelievers is the curse of Allah. - Sura 2:161

Slay them wherever ye find them and drive them out of the places whence they drove you out, for persecution is worse than slaughter. - 2:191

Fight against them until idolatry is no more and Allah's religion reigns supreme. (different translation: ) Fight them until there is no persecution and the religion is God's entirely. - Sura 2:193 and 8:39

Fighting is obligatory for you, much as you dislike it. - 2:216
(different translation: ) Prescribed for you is fighting, though it is hateful to you.

, martyrs, Enter heaven - Surah 3:140-43

If you should die or be killed in the cause of Allah, His mercy and forgiveness would surely be better than all they riches they amass. If you should die or be killed, before Him you shall all be gathered. - 3:157-8

You must not think that those who were slain in the cause of Allah are dead. They are alive, and well-provided for by their Lord. - Surah 3:169-71

Let those fight in the cause of God who sell the life of this world for the hereafter. To him who fights in the cause of God, whether he is slain or victorious, soon we shall give him a great reward. - Surah 4:74

Those who believe fight in the cause of God, and those who reject faith fight in the cause of evil. - 4:76

But if they turn renegades, seize them and slay them wherever you find them. - 4:89

Therefore, we stirred among them enmity and hatred, which shall endure till the Day of Resurrection, when Allah will declare to them all that they have done. - 5:14

O believers, take not Jews and Christians as friends; they are friends of each other. Those of you who make them his friends is one of them. God does not guide an unjust people. - 5:54

Make war on them until idolatry is no more and Allah's religion reigns supreme - 8:39

O Prophet! Exhort the believers to fight. If there are 20 steadfast men among you, they shall vanquish 200; and if there are a hundred, they shall rout a thousand unbelievers, for they are devoid of understanding. - 8:65

It is not for any Prophet to have captives until he has made slaughter in the land. - 8:67

Allah will humble the unbelievers. Allah and His apostle are free from obligations to idol-worshipers. Proclaim a woeful punishment to the unbelievers. - 9:2-3

When the sacred months are over, slay the idolaters wherever you find them. Arrest them, besiege them, and lie in ambush everywhere for them. - 9:5

Believers! Know that idolators are unclean. - 9:28

Fight those who believe neither in God nor the Last Day, nor what has been forbidden by God and his messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, even if they are People of the Book, until they pay the tribute and have been humbled. - 9:29 (another source: ) The unbelievers are impure and their abode is hell. (another source: ) Humiliate the non-Muslims to such an extent that they surrender and pay tribute.

Whether unarmed or well-equipped, march on and fight for the cause of Allah, with your wealth and your persons. - 9:41

O Prophet! Make war on the unbelievers and the hypocrites. Be harsh with them. Their ultimate abode is hell, a hapless journey's end. - 9:73

Allah has purchased of their faithful lives and worldly goods, and in return has promised them the Garden. They will fight for His cause, kill and be killed. - 9:111

Fight unbelievers who are near to you. 9:123 (different translation:
Believers! Make war on the infidels who dwell around you. Let them find harshness in you. (another source: ) Ye who believe! Murder those of the disbelievers,

As for those who are slain in the cause of Allah, He will not allow their works to perish. He will vouchsafe them guidance and ennoble their state; He will admit them to the Paradise He has made known to them. - 10:4-15

Allah has cursed the unbelievers and proposed for them a blazing hell. - 33:60

Unbelievers are enemies of Allah and they will roast in hell. - 41:14

When you meet the unbelievers, smite their necks, then when you have made wide slaughter among them, tie fast the bonds, then set them free, either by grace or ransom, until the war lays down its burdens. - 47:4
(different translation: ) When you meet the unbelievers in the battlefield, strike off their heads, and when you have laid them low, bind your captives firmly.

Those who are slain in the way of Allah - he will never let their deeds be lost. Soon will he guide them and improve their condition, and admit them to the Garden, which he has announced for them. - 47:5

Muslims are harsh against the unbelievers, merciful to one another. - 48:25

Muhammad is Allah's apostle. Those who follow him are ruthless to the unbelievers but merciful to one another. Through them, Allah seeks to enrage the unbelievers. - 48:29

Prophet! Make war on the unbelievers and the hypocrites and deal sternly with them. Hell shall be their home, evil their fate. - 66:9

The unbelievers among the People of the Book and the pagans shall burn forever in the fire of hell. They are the vilest of all creatures. - 98:51

Fight them so that Allah may punish them at your hands, and put them to shame. (verse cited in Newsweek 2/11/02)

-------

:[/b]
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by Nobody: 9:05pm On Nov 07, 2006
Don't let the moderate Muslims deceive you,in Islamic soil,there are no moderates.
Mohammed was not moderate.
Moderates are trying to be politically correct.

Islam is death and destruction to anyone that rejects it.
Mohammed ruled by the sword and by violence,physical and sexual.
He commands his followers to do same.
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by haywhy(m): 9:07pm On Nov 07, 2006
       TERRORISM IS NOT A MUSLIM PROBLEM!!!
                      HOW MANY CHRISTIAN DOMINATED COUNTRIES HAVE BEEN ATTACKED? LET THE CHRISTIAN COUNTRIES BE ATTACKED & THEN WE ARE ALL GONNA KNOW WHAT'S UP!
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by Nobody: 9:14pm On Nov 07, 2006
haywhy:

HOW MANY CHRISTIAN DOMINATED COUNTRIES HAVE BEEN ATTACKED? LET THE CHRISTIAN COUNTRIES BE ATTACKED & THEN WE ARE ALL GONNA KNOW WHAT'S UP!

what a genius!!,I am flabberghasted!!!.
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by Nobody: 11:08pm On Nov 07, 2006
belloti:

Does Bin laden totally used Islam as his Justification.

وقال "ليعلم (الرئيس السوداني عمر البشير و(الرئيس الأميركي جورج) بوش أن هذا الاتفاق لا يساوي قيمة الحبر الذي كتب به ولا يلزمنا بمثقال ذرة وليس لأحد مهما كان أن يتنازل عن شبر من أرض الإسلام وسيبقى الجنوب جزءا لا يتجزأ من أرض الإسلام بإذن الله ولو استمرت الحروب لعقود قادمة".
Let Bashir (Sudan's President) and Bush know that this agreement has no value whatsoever and does not engage us. No one has to concede any inch of Islamic land and the south (Darfur) will remain an unseparable piece of Islam's land, by Allah, even if wars will continue for decades to come.

كما حث هؤلاء على الاستعداد للقتال من خلال التعرف على "أرض وقبائل ولاية دارفور وما حولها فقد قيل قتل أرضا عالمها وقتلت أرض جاهلها، مع العلم أن المنطقة مقبلة على موسم تكثر فيه الأمطار غالبا مما يعيق الحركة ويقطع الطرق الترابية وهذه من الأسباب الرئيسية التي أخرت الاحتلال إلى ما بعد ستة أشهر قادمة، فينبغي السرعة والاستفادة من عامل الوقت بأقصى ما يمكن مع الاهتمام بشكل خاص بتوفير كميات هائلة من الألغام والقناصات والمدافع المضادة للدروع كالآر بي جي".
The (Jihadists) need to scout the area and get ready for fight on the tribal region of Darfur. The rain season is coming forward, which may obstruct movement. Which is why the occupation (Western-UN) postponed its advance for six months. We should take advantage of factor time to provide huge amounts of land mines, snipers and anti-tank launchers.

- Osama Bin Laden April 23, 2006

belloti:

You only see terrorism where there is invasions and injustice. Thats why you don't see terrorism in UAE, Qatar, Kuwait or the rest of the peaceful world. Then who do you think hold the solutions? Thats my own question

What of terrorism in Jordan, Yemen, Saudi Arabia, Kenya, Madrid, Java, Bombay? Which invasion and injustice where they fighting?

belloti:

Havila, you can't tell me the sunni and shiites are fighting the infidels. they are fighting for regional supremacy and control. its all political. The Israel issue is about occupation and invasions. They don't care if the jews decide to be pagans or whatever, but give them their land and all goes well.

Whose land? Is it palestinian land because:
a. it was historically palestinian land or
b. the imam says so?

Who historically owned Jerusalem long before Christ? The Jew or the Palestinian? When Jesus Christ was walking the streets of Jerusalem as a Jew, Mohammed himself was not born, how then can the palestinians lay claim to the land?

belloti:

I tell you nobody will just slaughter an innocent unbeliever just because he is not a muslim. The Holy Quran says

The quran can say whatever it likes, i'm not sure the hausa muslims are reading it! What of the thousands of innocent Khaferis killed in the north till present? Where you living in Nigeria during the numerous religious riots?

haywhy:

OK folks, here goes a list of Shango dominated countries that have been recently attacked:

1. USA
2. UK
3. Denmark
4. Isreal
5. Kenya
6. Darfur - the southern and mainly christian part of Sudan
7. Spain - they are mainly catholics
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by Aggressa(m): 2:14am On Nov 08, 2006
@Belloti,
This is why I said you should do your research well. Your understanding of the history of war between Shiites and Sunnis seems to be limited to their fight for political domination in Iraq, my friend, it goes way back to 9-11th century. Research it, because both of them are not my bussiness or interest. As per Israel, it goes more than the land or Jerusalem issue; it goes down to the anti-semitic, anti-christian instructions in the Quran as posted by Babyosisi.
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by belloti(m): 1:06pm On Nov 08, 2006
Whenever we argue issues like these we always come up with our different versions of our "different truth or facts". Its quite obvious we can never share the same source of the reported history. i dont expect you to totally agree with me but i believe in my source and i expect you to stick to yours. The bottom line is that i cant blow myself off just because someone refuse to believe in Islam, thats not what Islam says.  There is more to terrorism than just faith and belief.

Holy Qur'an, Surah #109  The Disbelievers    سورة الكافرون  

1 Say : O ye that reject Faith!  
2 I worship not that which ye worship,  
3 Nor will ye worship that which I worship.  
4 And I will not worship that which ye have been wont to worship,  
5 Nor will ye worship that which I worship.  
6 To you be your Way, and to me mine.
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by Nobody: 12:56am On Nov 09, 2006
and let's not forget allahs injunctions here for he is indeed all merciful.
What other manuals do terrorists need when allah says it all.

When you meet the unbelievers, smite their necks, then when you have made wide slaughter among them, tie fast the bonds, then set them free, either by grace or ransom, until the war lays down its burdens. - 47:4
(different translation: ) When you meet the unbelievers in the battlefield, strike off their heads, and when you have laid them low, bind your captives firmly.

Those who are slain in the way of Allah - he will never let their deeds be lost. Soon will he guide them and improve their condition, and admit them to the Garden, which he has announced for them. - 47:5

Muslims are harsh against the unbelievers, merciful to one another. - 48:25

Muhammad is Allah's apostle. Those who follow him are ruthless to the unbelievers but merciful to one another. Through them, Allah seeks to enrage the unbelievers. - 48:29

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11)

The Procedure Of How Muslims Use The Toilet (simply Hilarious) / Alhaji Gawat Is Still Missing A Year On / NYSC: Advice To Muslim Brethren On Camp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.