Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,590 members, 7,812,921 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:33 PM

Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? (14068 Views)

Is Terrorism A Muslim Monopoly? / Is Terrorism A Muslim Monopoly? / Islam And Terrorism: A Christian Responds To Tbaba1234 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Go Down)

Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by gbeborun(m): 12:45am On Aug 23, 2006
All over the western world today if you happen to find yourself in an airport and the name on your passport bears any semblance to an Islamic name or you look like someone from the middle-east, security officials treat you with suspicion, you undergone extra security checks and fellow passengers are even wary of you? Is terrorism a muslim problem?
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by Nobody: 2:23am On Aug 23, 2006
gbeborun:

All over the western world today if you happen to find yourself in an airport and the name on your passport bears any semblance to an Islamic name or you look like someone from the middle-east, security officials treat you with suspicion, you undergone extra security checks and fellow passengers are even wary of you? Is terrorism a muslim problem?

Very unfortunate that racial profiling is now becoming the only means by which we can at least stem the tide of mass murder by these barbarians hiding under the cloak of islam to perpetrate the commands of one immoral fellow who called himself a prophet.
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by gbeborun(m): 5:00am On Aug 23, 2006
Thanks bro, racial profiling is now the in-thing. A case at hand now is the botched or should i say alleged terror attack on transatlantic flights from London to America, all those arrested are muslims and they all have close ties to the middle-east. I dont think the God they are fighting with support such dastardly, henious and evil deeds. God help us all!!!
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by TayoD(m): 3:32pm On Aug 23, 2006
I see absolutely nothing wrong with racial profiling. Infact, I support it whole-heartedly. Why should we neglect common sense just for the purpose of being politically correct?

The trend shows that terrorism is a muslim problem, especially Arabic muslim in nature. I see no reason why we shouldn't be extra cautious when they come on our planes. It is better to be safe than to be sorry.

If these people are sick and tired of the attendant inconvenience and possible embarrassment it brings them, then they should work extra hard to get their fellow brothers to quit this evil practice.

Nigeria is known all over the world for the menace called 419. Don't you think it is common sense for anyone outside the country to relate to a Nigerian with sceptism until the person proves he is honest? My green passport means I get checked more closely at the Airports and while it is inconvenient, I do not blame the security men, rather I put the blame on the Nigerians who have soiled our country's image and on the rest of us who are doing next to nothing about it.

In any case, those 3,000+ people that died on 911 would have supported racial profiling if it could have saved their lives.
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by Nobody: 4:21pm On Aug 23, 2006
Racial profiling is not new! It's been going on for yrs, you observe it when you flash your green passport at international airports, you see it when you attempt to obtain a credit card from nigeria, it is observed when foreign sellers simply refuse to sell online to you simply because you are buying from Nigeria.

In the past i disliked it, but having lived in the US for a while i have come to wholeheartedly support it. If it makes me uncomfortable, i do not mind realising i would do the same if i were in their shoes!
Why should Arabs hope to avoid racial profiling especially when terror attacks have become the favorite past time of their folks? Tell me why as a pilot, i would fly an aircraft with 7 arabs on board for the simple reason of wanting to be politically correct? Why do you expect a victim of 9-11 not to react negatively on sighting an arab muslim?
The more we keep pretending that terrorism is an act of an "extremist minority" the more people continue to get murdered. It is high time the world stood up and tackled this hydra headed monster called Islam head on. I am sure if western nations began expelling Arab muslims from their soil, the "moderates" will begin to take another look at their "extremist minority" brethren! If you were denied an opportunity to live in the west for the simple reason of being Arab, you would think twice about supporting terrorists!
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by dayokanu(m): 9:13pm On Aug 23, 2006
Unfortunately yes.
terrorism is a muslim problem; 9-11, July 7, Aircraft bombs in England, Lebanese bomber in German train station, Northern Nigerians Muslims Killing every none moslem, Indian Moslems blowing up trains in Bombay the list is endless and points to the same thing that this thread is unfortunately right
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by olabowale(m): 12:18am On Aug 27, 2006
I read your entries with heavy heart. Some of you have no shame and can't guide your tongues, hence from your heart through your fingers come some of the most vile statements. To those who talk ill of the prophet Muhammad (SAW), desist from doing so and seek forgiveness from the Creator of all things. If you continue in your evil ways, be certain that you will be consumed by the fire of Hell, you and those who have the same hard hearts like you. You will never receive the mercy of God.
There as never been any Muslim, who will talk evil of your god. Of course, the Muslims revere Jesus (AS) as a prophet of God and believed in the miraculous birth, one of the signs of his prophethood and nobility.
As to the terrorism, at present, Islam is not in the driver seat. Hence, you have what I call the law of the Golden rule; who ever have the gold, makes the rule. Be the gold be pyrite (fools gold) or low grade to the purest 24 carats of 999.95/1000. The west, for those of you big time historians, from Nigeria will remember the crusades, the progrom and the Inquisitions, to name just a few.As to the Indians before its Independence, the British made sure that there was a wedge between the muslims and the Hindus, Sikhs. Before the English arrival to subcontinental India, Islam had ruled the inhabitants for hundreds of years without forcing anyone to become a Muslim and without any major religious strife. The English brought their filth to this people and created that climate of distrust. the same thing they and their European brothers/sisters have done to the whole of Africa and other so called third world nations.
Anyone who knows the history of the creation of Israel will not be too proud of the tactics of the Zionist, the Balfor groups and the likes. The bombing of the King David hotel quicken the capitulation of the British overseers. Menicham Began who became prime Minister of this nation known as israel was a participant, so was Moshu Dayan and even others.
I have many more example for you but I need to let you know a US jewish Rabbi by the name of Jerry Lerner was just telling Bobby kennedy Jr. on the radio program known as Ring of Fire on Air America radio, his experience with the christian conservatives headed by the likes of jerry Forwell, Pat Robertson, etc.
These famous religious leaders are edging-on the jews to have a religious war with the Muslims and they are also edging-on the christians to wage wars with the Muslims known as clash of civilization, etc. This people are blood thirsty in their quest for the return of Jesus's 'second coming' via amageddon or the apocaliptic occurence. By the way was not August 25, 2006 billed as the end of the world. Nothing happaened. Just like many of what the christians have said in the past and it came to zero, nil, naught,none event.
The christians talk as if they have covenant with God, the Almighty. In every case you are ashamed. Yes, there are muslims who behave badly and that include taking lives of people and even their own lives. But that is not to take away from a complete and perfect way of life, Islam.
Yes jesus is good,as a prophet. No he is not that good to be God. For God, the Almighty is beyond and greater than all things. God has no need to eat, sleep, tiredsome, fatigue, use the bathroom and behave like human, His creation. God, the earth can not take Him, it does not befit His magesty to walk amoung men. His heavens cannot be over Him.It does not befit His majesty. Glory be to Him, the One and nothing is like Him.
It is your desire to go to astray, continue. You will know, soon when your life will be a reality to you at the point of dying.
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by nilla(f): 9:24pm On Aug 27, 2006
@ topic

Capital NO.

Terrorism is not a muslim problem. Its a worldwide problem.
A terrorist is one that instills fear in the minds of people.
You don't have to be muslim to instil fear in the minds of people
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by dayokanu(m): 7:59am On Aug 28, 2006
Did you hear that the kidnapped fox news journalists were forced to profess Islam at GUNPOINT. Funny?
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by Logical(m): 10:33am On Aug 28, 2006
Is terrorism a Muslim problem? When you ask such a question, I would be obliged to agree that you do not honestly know the meaning of terrorism. So if I must answer that question, I would have to define what terrorism entails, how or how not the Muslim community, have linkage with terrorism and when to use the word, and when not to, and how the world hypocritically use terrorism when it suits them and use freedom fighting when it doesn't.

@Olabowale
May God forgive you for your self indulgence and Assumptions.

The unlawful use or threatened use of force or violence by a person or an organized group against people or property with the intention of intimidating or coercing societies or governments, often for ideological or political reasons.

Now considering this definition which would be accepted, we need to point out what ways of force or violence that are unlawful.

Is it waging a war against another nation?
Or
Is it one person blowing himself up in shopping complexes?
Or
Is it waging a Civil War against a government?
Or
Is it blowing up complexes of a country or destroying a country?

If we agree that all this do count for a terrorist act, based on the actual definition presented to us, then we are then allowed to account for death tolls everyday caused by various act of force or attack around the world with equal justice.

So with this we tend to ask ourselves this question.

Is US presence in Iraq an act of terrorism?
Is the civil war waged by the Tamil tigers an act of terrorism?
How about the Northern Ireland issues?
Israel's attack on Lebanon?
Suicide bombings in Israel?
Bomb explosions in Russia?

If we agree to the before questions and choose not to agree to the later question, since an association would change the way you see things, then we might as well rest the thread and agree that our judgements arent fair at all, and doesnt stand outsides our prejudices.

Considering the major acts of terrorism in the world, be it war, destruction of property and assets with political or personal agendas. How many percent are accounted to source from the what you term as Muslims?

We should treat this thread with precise and accurate facts and not just sentiments and blunders that wouldn't exist beyond what we make ourself believe based on concentrated media coverages that have motives.
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by Nobody: 3:03pm On Aug 28, 2006
dayokanu:

Did you hear that the kidnapped fox news journalists were forced to profess Islam at GUNPOINT. Funny?

Yeah, just one more proof that Terrorism really is NOT a muslim problem!
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by Nobody: 12:19am On Sep 01, 2006
hmmmmmm,just passing by.
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by olabowale(m): 3:03pm On Sep 07, 2006
@Logical; Thank you my brother for seeking the forgiveness of Allah (God, the Almighty ), for me, body and soul. may the Lord of the worlds accept that prayer from you. May God then forgive you, make your feet firm on a straight path. the path that has no crookedness.

may God the Almighty have mercy on all of us.
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by Nobody: 3:06pm On Sep 07, 2006
make your feet firm on a straight path. the path that has no crookedness.

Yet more evidence of christian descriptions being smuggled into Islam via the back door! Since when did muslims begin to walk on a "straigth path that has no crookedness"?
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by TayoD(m): 3:38pm On Sep 07, 2006
Since when did muslims begin to walk on a "straigth path that has no crookedness"?

I wonder o!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by olabowale(m): 4:15pm On Sep 07, 2006
@davidylan; I hope you have some understanding. In the Bible you still have remnant of truth, not in the exact word for word that it was originally revealed. The truth is what is supported by the Qur'an; like One God, and others. Where we differ is that the Bible is not in its original stae, in which it was revealed to those that were the prophets; Moses, David and Jesus (AS). I have challenged all of the christians on nairaland. I have responded to you, but can you accept my humble challenge that i will show you and others, including my sister babyosisi, that you abandone Christianity upon my presenting to you that the Qur'an confirmed in portion that the bible is corrupted.

I understand the Yoruba language/culture, so i will use it to tell you that even the Olorishas, the Onishangos and others who worship Idols even believe that there feet are firm on straight path.

I wish i know other Cultures, like Igbo, hausa and others, i could have used their Idol worshipping system of believe in the same way. Look Seun the Moderator believes that he is on the right path, with both feet firmly planted. If he believes that he is on a path that is crooked, don't you know he will rush to that new path that is now acceptable to him as straight away.

I admire seun, he has created something that has allow all of us to have our view points, somewhat with a little kinks, here and there. Maybe as we all work toward bridging that great divide, seun might see reasons.
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by Nobody: 6:05pm On Sep 07, 2006
olabowale:

@davidylan; I hope you have some understanding. In the Bible you still have remnant of truth, not in the exact word for word that it was originally revealed. The truth is what is supported by the Qur'an; like One God, and others. Where we differ is that the Bible is not in its original stae, in which it was revealed to those that were the prophets; Moses, David and Jesus (AS). I have challenged all of the christians on nairaland. I have responded to you, but can you accept my humble challenge that i will show you and others, including my sister babyosisi, that you abandone Christianity upon my presenting to you that the Qur'an confirmed in portion that the bible is corrupted.

I understand the Yoruba language/culture, so i will use it to tell you that even the Olorishas, the Onishangos and others who worship Idols even believe that there feet are firm on straight path.

I wish i know other Cultures, like Igbo, hausa and others, i could have used their Idol worshipping system of believe in the same way. Look Seun the Moderator believes that he is on the right path, with both feet firmly planted. If he believes that he is on a path that is crooked, don't you know he will rush to that new path that is now acceptable to him as straight away.

I admire seun, he has created something that has allow all of us to have our view points, somewhat with a little kinks, here and there. Maybe as we all work toward bridging that great divide, seun might see reasons.

undecided
Of what relevance is this long diatribe on the topic or my rejoinder to your last post?

The bible has been corrupted? How can a man who came hundreds of yrs after the bible was compiled, someone who even read the bible, have the temerity to tell us the bible is corrupted?
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by olabowale(m): 6:36pm On Sep 07, 2006
@davidylan;
Unfortunately, you seem to be unsure of yourself. My challenge to all of my brothers and sisters is simple; I want you to take a sincere oath that you will abandone Christianity and become Muslim, if i show you the followings;

The Qur'an confirms that it is God that sent down, Torah, Sabur, Injil and Qur'an to the receipant prophets.

At one time, before Qur'an, Torah, Sabur and injil were pure and unadulterated. The time of each prophet was available in his community.

For our discussion; we will talk about Injil/Gospel.

I will provide the portion of the Qur'an that clearly states that the Bible that existed during the time of Muhammad (AS) was corrupted. Therefore if this is the base of the present day Bible, the so many versions and other revisions, then it proves that you have no leg to stand on.

If this is the case, then will you open your heart and accept Islam.

When you are ready, let me know.

I am even willing to provide my phone number to anyone. But i want serious minded people.

What will it benefit you in the day of Judgement to finally realize that what you have hung your HAT on is UNACCEPTABLE. Infact you will realize this at the point of death, when the soul is being removed from the body. LIFELESS.
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by Nobody: 7:01pm On Sep 07, 2006
olabowale:

The Qur'an confirms that it is God that sent down, Torah, Sabur, Injil and Qur'an to the receipant prophets.
The quran cannot be "confirming" what was written thousands of yrs before the proponent of this fraud called Islam was born! If it is true that the same "God" sent down the gospels and the quran:
1. How is it that the bible does not mention Mohammed once? Dont give me that crap about the "comforter"!
2. How is it that the bible prophets all lead a life that was completely at odds with the "last prophet"?
3. why do their messages all sound so completely disimilar? Was it not sent from the same "God"?

olabowale:

At one time, before Qur'an, Torah, Sabur and injil were pure and unadulterated. The time of each prophet was available in his community.

Since neither you nor your scholars has ever seen this oft bandied "pure and unadulterated" bible but rely on the mere words of a quraish bandit, is it possible that someone is lying desperately somewhere?

olabowale:

I will provide the portion of the Qur'an that clearly states that the Bible that existed during the time of Muhammad (AS) was corrupted. Therefore if this is the base of the present day Bible, the so many versions and other revisions, then it proves that you have no leg to stand on.

this is the THIRD time you have made this promise to provide us your quranic "proof". Isnt it time you posted them rather than running about in circles?
Isnt it odd that a bible that remained pure for more than 2000 yrs suddenly became "corrupted" during the time of Mohammed?
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by Nobody: 5:50pm On Sep 08, 2006
hmmm,Mo, corrupted the Bible?
na wa oooo
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by dayokanu(m): 9:20pm On Sep 08, 2006
On Monday 04 sept 2006, A gunman has opened fire on a group of foreign tourists in the Jordanian capital Amman, killing a British man.
The shooting happened at the Roman amphitheatre, a popular attraction.

Five other tourists were injured - two British women as well as tourists from New Zealand, the Netherlands and Australia. The gunman was arrested
Eyewitnesses said the attacker, said to be a Jordanian, approached the tourists shouting "God is great" in Arabic before firing at least 12 shots at the small group of tourists.

What are we now arguing about when your Moslem brothers in the Mid East are proving me right and you wrong that Islam and terrorism go together
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by Nobody: 8:24pm On Sep 15, 2006
To answer the question,
terrorism is now our problem
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by mukina2: 10:40pm On Sep 15, 2006
is terrorism a muslim problem
no
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by nilla(f): 10:47pm On Sep 15, 2006
they will never believe its not a muslim problem.
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by mukina2: 10:57pm On Sep 15, 2006
so you think it is? angry
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by nilla(f): 11:06pm On Sep 15, 2006
cool your temper.

i don't.

read my post(s) above.
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by Nobody: 11:45pm On Sep 15, 2006
let us watch out for the reaction to the recent speech by the Catholic pope.
The Muslims are already demanding apology,next they will start slaughtering Christians in Zamfara and Katsina.
No, terrorism is not a Muslim problem
It is an Islamic problem that is affecting us all
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by nilla(f): 11:46pm On Sep 15, 2006
babyosisi:

It is an Islamic problem that is affecting us all

Terrorism is not an Islamic problem. I think somehow people have forgotten what terrorism means.
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by Nobody: 1:13am On Sep 16, 2006
nilla:

Terrorism is not an Islamic problem. I think somehow people have forgotten what terrorism means.

Indeed it isnt, its just queer that it seems to rear its ugly head ONLY when Islam is involved!
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by Nobody: 1:20am On Sep 16, 2006
Particularly at the mention of the name Mohammed
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by mukina2: 11:38am On Sep 16, 2006
i dont know why some people wait for topics like this to come up before making malicious comments angry
as far as i am concerned terrorism and[b] islam[/b] do not go together.
if people think that they can use recent unrests inthe world to blame muslims that their problem,
the former pope went into a mosque in syria
this one makes a comment that he knows will bring problem so why the fuss?
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by kenshin(m): 2:17pm On Sep 16, 2006
@mukina,why is it that no muslim has come out publicly to oppose what Al-Qeada is doing?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11)

Is Islam The Most Discriminated Religion In The World? / The Procedure Of How Muslims Use The Toilet (simply Hilarious) / Alhaji Gawat Is Still Missing A Year On

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.