Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,257 members, 7,829,500 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:06 AM

Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? - Islam for Muslims (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? (14107 Views)

Is Terrorism A Muslim Monopoly? / Is Terrorism A Muslim Monopoly? / Islam And Terrorism: A Christian Responds To Tbaba1234 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Go Down)

Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by haywhy(m): 1:05am On Nov 09, 2006
ITS A SURPRISE THAT RELIGIONS NO LONGER TEACH MORALS BUT HEALING & STUFFS Because if i were to choose a religion, i'll be so dissappointed @ d way some religious representative are almost attacking themselves here. I HAVE NOT HEARD OF A RELIGION WHICH PERMITS THAT We should try & remain calm in situations that will arouse our indignations.

Lets us imagine the religious representative of a religion replying so calm & respectful & the other replying in an harsh manner.  Which one are you likely to choose? Ask yourself!
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by Nobody: 2:36am On Nov 09, 2006
The one whose god does not ask me to snap other peoples necks.
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by gbadex1(m): 8:05am On Nov 09, 2006
@nilla:

you know, i've been reading your posts for a while now, even back to the "Israel vs Hezbollah" thread and i have to conclude on one thing:
YOU DON'T HAVE ANYTHING TO SAY, PERIOD!

Your arguments, most times if not all, are based on your emotions rather than facts. And in the long run, the result is that you turn a blind eye to that which is happening in the soceity and the world at large.

Islam not synonymus with terrorism? Please! Wake the schmuck up from your self-induced slumber and see world events for yourself!!
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by lafile(m): 8:53am On Nov 09, 2006
@belloti

can you please explain these quotes from the koran fro all on this topic to understand?

When you meet the unbelievers, smite their necks, then when you have made wide slaughter among them, tie fast the bonds, then set them free, either by grace or ransom, until the war lays down its burdens. - 47:4
(different translation: ) When you meet the unbelievers in the battlefield, strike off their heads, and when you have laid them low, bind your captives firmly.

Those who are slain in the way of Allah - he will never let their deeds be lost. Soon will he guide them and improve their condition, and admit them to the Garden, which he has announced for them. - 47:5

Muslims are harsh against the unbelievers, merciful to one another. - 48:25

Muhammad is Allah's apostle. Those who follow him are ruthless to the unbelievers but merciful to one another. Through them, Allah seeks to enrage the unbelievers. - 48:29
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by belloti(m): 12:05pm On Nov 09, 2006
Lafile,

You know i dont trust Babyosisi with a 100 meter stick. She almost always quotes The Holy book from God knows where. I dont know what she intend to achieve. Below is the correct Quranic verses.

48 : 25 They are the ones who denied Revelation and hindered you from the Sacred Mosque and the sacrificial animals, detained from reaching their place of sacrifice. Had there not been believing men and believing women whom ye did not know that ye were trampling down and on whose account a crime would have accrued to you without (your) knowledge, ((Allah) would have allowed you to force your way, but He held back your hands) that He may admit to His Mercy whom He will. If they had been apart, We should certainly have punished the Unbelievers among them with a grievous Punishment.  

48 : 29 Muhammad is the apostle of Allah. and those who are with him are strong against Unbelievers, (but) compassionate amongst each other. Thou wilt see them bow and prostrate themselves (in prayer), seeking Grace from Allah and (His) Good Pleasure. On their faces are their marks, (being) the traces of their prostration. This is their similitude in the Taurat; and their similitude in the Gospel is: like a seed which sends forth its blade, then makes it strong; it then becomes thick, and it stands on its own stem, (filling) the sowers with wonder and delight. As a result, it fills the Unbelievers with rage at them. Allah has promised those among them who believe and do righteous deeds forgiveness, and a great Reward.  

The Holy Book is the Book of guidance and verses were revealed in their relevant contexts. You cant say when you ve got headache you just go for amoxycillin because its a Beecham's product. Quran 47 : 4 was referring to the war period and has no direct relevance to our current situation. But if indeed there is a religious war i believe The Holy Book comes handy in ethical rules of engagement.

47 :4 Therefore, when ye meet the Unbelievers (in fight), smite at their necks; At length, when ye have thoroughly subdued them, bind a bond firmly (on them): thereafter (is the time for) either generosity or ransom: Until the war lays down its burdens. Thus (are ye commanded): but if it had been Allah.s Will, He could certainly have exacted retribution from them (Himself); but (He lets you fight) in order to test you, some with others. But those who are slain in the Way of Allah,- He will never let their deeds be lost.  

47 :5 Soon will He guide them and improve their condition,  

If you want authentic quotations from the Holy Quran just go to www.searchtruth.com.
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by enugu(f): 12:43pm On Nov 09, 2006
belloti:

Lafile,

You know i don't trust Babyosisi with a 100 meter stick. She almost always quotes The Holy book from God knows where. I don't know what she intend to achieve. Below is the correct Quranic verses.

48 : 25 They are the ones who denied Revelation and hindered you from the Sacred Mosque and the sacrificial animals, detained from reaching their place of sacrifice. Had there not been believing men and believing women whom ye did not know that ye were trampling down and on whose account a crime would have accrued to you without (your) knowledge, ((Allah) would have allowed you to force your way, but He held back your hands) that He may admit to His Mercy whom He will. If they had been apart, We should certainly have punished the Unbelievers among them with a grievous Punishment.

48 : 29 Muhammad is the apostle of Allah. and those who are with him are strong against Unbelievers, (but) compassionate amongst each other. Thou wilt see them bow and prostrate themselves (in prayer), seeking Grace from Allah and (His) Good Pleasure. On their faces are their marks, (being) the traces of their prostration. This is their similitude in the Taurat; and their similitude in the Gospel is: like a seed which sends forth its blade, then makes it strong; it then becomes thick, and it stands on its own stem, (filling) the sowers with wonder and delight. As a result, it fills the Unbelievers with rage at them. Allah has promised those among them who believe and do righteous deeds forgiveness, and a great Reward.

The Holy Book is the Book of guidance and verses were revealed in their relevant contexts. You can't say when you ve got headache you just go for amoxycillin because its a Beecham's product. Quran 47 : 4 was referring to the war period and has no direct relevance to our current situation. But if indeed there is a religious war i believe The Holy Book comes handy in ethical rules of engagement.

47 :4 Therefore, when ye meet the Unbelievers (in fight), smite at their necks; At length, when ye have thoroughly subdued them, bind a bond firmly (on them): thereafter (is the time for) either generosity or ransom: Until the war lays down its burdens. Thus (are ye commanded): but if it had been Allah.s Will, He could certainly have exacted retribution from them (Himself); but (He lets you fight) in order to test you, some with others. But those who are slain in the Way of Allah,- He will never let their deeds be lost.

47 :5 Soon will He guide them and improve their condition,

If you want authentic quotations from the Holy Quran just go to www.searchtruth.com.

@belloti,

with all due respect, how does your own elongated version differ from babyosisi's. the idea is still the same; so what are you saying? that she quoted out of context or that their heads wouldn't be lopped off? Please enlighten!
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by belloti(m): 1:04pm On Nov 09, 2006
Enugu, Read my post very well and objectively
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by lafile(m): 1:30pm On Nov 09, 2006
belloti:

The Holy Book is the Book of guidance and verses were revealed in their relevant contexts. You can't say when you ve got headache you just go for amoxycillin because its a Beecham's product. Quran 47 : 4 was referring to the war period and has no direct relevance to our current situation. But if indeed there is a religious war i believe The Holy Book comes handy in ethical rules of engagement.

In other words according to you, the statement in Quran 47 : 4 is only applicable at war times or times of conflict. Question is who determines when its a time of war? you? on just anybody with a copy of the Quran? these terrorist have decided that they are at war. therefore the verse is applicable. you even said But if indeed there is a religious war i believe The Holy Book comes handy in ethical rules of engagement. including Quran 47:4. as has been pointed out time and time again, there are enuff verses in the Quran for any terrorist to use with justification for blowing up anything they want to.
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by belloti(m): 2:05pm On Nov 09, 2006
I guess you are right Lafile, Its basically a matter of interpretation. I dont think we are in a war time now. But that may also depend on my location. We all need to be cautious and avoid giving wrong signals where there is none. Religion is guidance and destructions and Killings are definitely not right and cant be justified anytime.
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by gbadex1(m): 2:23pm On Nov 09, 2006
Lol, tell that to the Muslim terrorists worldwide!!
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by lafile(m): 2:40pm On Nov 09, 2006
belloti:

Religion is guidance and destructions and Killings are definitely not right and can't be justified anytime.

tell that to Osama bin laden and those 911 killers
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by Nobody: 5:10pm On Nov 09, 2006
enugu:

@belloti,

with all due respect, how does your own elongated version differ from babyosisi's. the idea is still the same; so what are you saying? that she quoted out of context or that their heads wouldn't be lopped off? Please enlighten!

My dear sister,they have called me all sorts of names,a muslim hater,Islamophobic,hipocrite etc when all I've continually said is that the Koran is a manual of hate and destruction.
Now I quote the Koran,rather than Bellotti admit that those verses of the Koran indeed are embarrassing to moderates like him,he quotes a longer version that even makes it worse.

Terrorists have no other injunctions but the words of Allah and his Mohammed.
That's why I still insist that Muslims as humans are not the problem,Mohammed enjoins them to kill and destroy.

Christ says,come to me all you who are weak and heavy laden,and I will give you rest.
He is the bread of life.
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by Nobody: 5:15pm On Nov 09, 2006
www.blueletterbible.org.

great site,you can also click to listen on audio Bible after choosing any chapter and verses.
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by Nobody: 5:50pm On Nov 09, 2006
The words of Christ.

Luk 11:9 ¶ And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.

Luk 11:10 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

Luk 11:11 If a son shall ask bread of any of you that is a father, will he give him a stone? or if [he ask] a fish, will he for a fish give him a serpent?

Luk 11:12 Or if he shall ask an egg, will he offer him a scorpion?

Luk 11:13 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall [your] heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by Nobody: 12:27am On Nov 10, 2006
the words of allah

"Seize them and put them to death wherever you find them." (Sura 4:89)

"Believers, make war on the infidels who dwell around you." (Sura 9:123)

"When the sacred months [Ramadan] are over, slay the idolaters wherever you find them. Arrest them; besiege them; and lie in ambush everywhere for them. If they repent [convert to Islam] and take to prayer and render the alms levy, allow them to go their way." (Sura 9:5)

Sura 2:216
216. Fighting is prescribed for you and ye dislike it. But it is possible that ye dislike a thing which is good for you and that ye love a thing which is bad for you. But Allah knoweth and ye know not.
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by olabowale(m): 1:58am On Nov 10, 2006
@Babyosisi: You think your cherry picking of Qur'anic verses means anything to a true Believer? No, my dear sister. Any muslim who is embarrased by 'any' verse of the Qur'an is not a true muslim. Read the first 5 verses of suratul baqarah. that will dismiss your bias opinion of the Qur'an. As must as i am fond of you, i am very clear that you are wrong in your choice of religion. but of course, it is your hide, not mine. As stated before, if all that have been created amongst jinn and man, all together turn against islam, from Adam to the last man on earth, before it ends, Muhammad (AS) will be a majority. His lord, your God and mine, Allah the Almighty is on his side and He is sufficient as a Witness!

I hope you are okay in the warm southern state you are in. You should visit the North, sometimes. Let me know.
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by gbadex1(m): 2:45am On Nov 10, 2006
Dude, it's not about cherry-picking Q'uranic verses, it's about saying it as it is!
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by belloti(m): 12:34pm On Nov 10, 2006
I have said it time and time again. You guys justify terrorism more than me and Bro. Olabowale, who indeed should know better. Babyosisi, you are very wrong to expect any muslim anywhere on the face of earth to be embrassed by Quranic verses. That can never be a trait of a practising muslim.

When the name was chosen for our Religion it was carefully coined to emphasis Peace. The word Islam is literally translated to mean Peace. That alone is a pointer to the mission of the religion. But if it makes you more comfortable to link Islam with violence and terrorism, then i can only say its a free world.
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by olabowale(m): 1:48pm On Nov 10, 2006
@Belloti: As-Salaamualaykum. May Allah The Almighty continues to make your heart strong. May He forgive you all your sins, the past and the future, all together, as He did for those who participated in Badr. We can only try to talk to our brothers and sisters on Nairaland and the world over, indeed. We do not have power to change anyone. It is God, alone, in His Might and Power that can do it!

Please visit this website; www.shareislam.com. It is ownes by Sheikh Yusuf Estes, a former Priest from Texas. His family is one of the nobliest from Texas' Midland township. This website along with other contains extensive materials you can share with the folks of Nairaland. I tried, without any success to invite Babyosisi to it. But she will not have none of it. I am sure you are better on computer rgan me, hence you will be able to paste some of the writings so that Babyosisi and co., will just have to read.

I believe that if only that they are giving the tools to aggitate their family passed-on belief, then, maybe one may before death realise that God and Jesus are separate and their relationship to each other is Master and servant.

WWW.shareislam.com
www.answering-christianity.com
www.bilalphilip.com
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by Nobody: 3:55pm On Nov 10, 2006
belloti:

I have said it time and time again. You guys justify terrorism more than me and Bro. Olabowale, who indeed should know better. Babyosisi, you are very wrong to expect any muslim anywhere on the face of earth to be embrassed by Quranic verses. That can never be a trait of a practising muslim.

When the name was chosen for our Religion it was carefully coined to emphasis Peace. The word Islam is literally translated to mean Peace. That alone is a pointer to the mission of the religion. But if it makes you more comfortable to link Islam with violence and terrorism, then i can only say its a free world.

1. The LITERAL meaning of a word does not automatically confer on it that same meaning in the real world! We only judge a book by its contents, so far Islamic adherents have not shown that Islam truly means "peace"! In contrast there are more peaceful non-muslims than there are muslims!

2. Yes its a free world ONLY up to the middle east and muslim nations where the words "free" have a new meaning!
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by gbadex1(m): 5:26pm On Nov 10, 2006
@david:

Rof-lmao!!
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by gbadex1(m): 5:28pm On Nov 10, 2006
@david:

Rof-lmao!!
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by Nobody: 11:17pm On Nov 10, 2006
by the way Islam means submission not peace.
Submission whether you like it or not and head chopped off when you try to leave it.
How peaceful is that?

and olabowale my dear,I probably heard about yusuf estes before you did.
He is free to worship whatever he chooses.
I wish Christians in Muslim countries could boldly advertise and proclaim their faith as he does his Islamic faith without fear of beheadings.

Ours is a faith not of works but a free gift of God.
God of mercy and grace.

Allah on the other hand asks for the rolling heads of apostates, severed fingers and hands of petty thieves,the mangled and stoned bodies of victims of rape and incest.
Thats why he needs to be exposed.

The violent calls of allah is posted here not just for you but for anyone who cares to know who and what Islam is really about.
Many would read those verses and ask questions.
Many testimonies abound of muslims who left Islam just by its teachings.
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by olabowale(m): 1:30am On Nov 11, 2006
@Babyosisi; Somehow, you have been gender identified as 'm', on this board! I have met Sheikh Estes. He knows more Bible that most practicing Christian. You must read his piece on Jesus, The Bible, etc. Again, I will continue to invite you to peace. Islam is coined from salaam and Silm. Read the Qur'an. Read it for your own good. It is a healing for the soul of a believing person.
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by Nobody: 4:58am On Nov 11, 2006
my dear I no sabi how I come become man for nairaland.
Help Seun,I am still all woman lol.

Olabowole let me tell you something you don't know about the Bible that makes you see it as any other religious book.
The Bible says[b]",the letter kills but the spirit giveth life[/b]" meaning that it is possible for one to read the Bible daily,memorize it from Genesis to revelation,teach it excellently in religious knowledge as a history book and have absolutely no change in their lives and end up in hell fire at the coming of Christ.
That is what the scriptures refer as reading the Bible as a letter,that will lead no where,it will kill.

However,for the Bible to change anyones life,that person must first be born again.
The Bible said we must be born of the water and of the Spirit.
It is only when one has committed totally to Christ,filled with the Spirit can the Bible come truly alive and be of benefit i.e the spirit not the letters.
It is then only the living word,that living word Christ that can change a man.

Me hearing the Bible from Yusuf Estes,an unsaved sinner would profit me nothing,for if he believed in its teachings,it would have profitted him and saved his own soul.
He read and reads the letters,it would lead him no where.
The Spirit is lacking in him so all he has is head knowledge,only a repented,saved soul filled with the Holy Spirit can speak of Christ with authority and in the power of the Holy Ghost and Yusuf Estes is not one yet.
This may be hard for you to understand because in Islam you are required to cram and recite the Koran in Arabic so often to be accepted by Allah.
In Christianity,a man who gives his life to Christ today and repents of his sins and dies 10 seconds later without ever reading a verse of Scriptures or being water baptized(like the thief on the cross besides Jesus,goes to be with our Lord in paradise)
The Bible says" the race is not to te swift,nor the battle to the strong but of God who showeth mercy".
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by olabowale(m): 2:26pm On Nov 11, 2006
@Babyosisi: Shelkh Yususf Estes, is not alone, amongst Europe's and America's Islamic leasdership! there is a ton of people like him. All of them former Christian Preacher men. What I kind of enjoy from his writing is the simplicity of the truth of it all. He spoke about the production of the Bible in English, by telling us that English was not developed before 1066 A. D. He then brought about the first Bible that he owned. A gift from his father and it was  a 1901 or thereabout KJ. He then told us that it was a revised version of some Bible produced earlier, then that one, was of an earlier version and so on. I think you know where I am going with this. The truth of it is that he sets our mind up to ask this question: If this Bible is revised and rewritten these many times, and the process is still going on, where is the proof that this Bible is still unchanging, hence Words of God? Compounded with the fact you know that the christendom believ that the Bible writers are inspired men. Even these men are not bold enough or are they intentionally obscured by the church hierrachy, keeping their identities from you and other christians.

At least we know that Muhammad (AS) says that the words in the Qur'an are from his Lord. That indicates a single Author. Which is more accurate, a single Author or so many Authors of a single book from each group? A single Author sets the direction of the book. On the other hand, the book with many Authors have so many directions as many as the Authors. Some direction(s) may negate or completely opposite others. You see that in the Bible. The case of Peter versus Paul comes to mind. Further, in the hadith, the chain of narration(s) are known. This is one of the reasons we are able to know the classifications of hadith entries. hadith ranges from Sound to weak. Weak hadith is probably narrated maybe once and then with doubtful individuals in the chain. Maybe, you will have impossible conditions, eg, individuals who never or not likely to be in the company of the prophet on a possible occassion that they record the hadith for. In Madina, you have the hypocrites infitrating the Muslim community. Some of them wre Christians and Jews and of course, the Pagans of Arab tribes. All of the hypocrites tried to impure the religion, but God exposed them.

You should not be blind. You are a good woman. Worship your Lord. Do not fall for the 'Rapture' Okey dokey, Munshu Kunshu! Everyone will die. If Ibrahiim (AS) died, even though God referred to him as His Personal Friend, yet he was the father of Faith. If Musa (AS) died, even though God spoke to him directly without Malaika Jibril (AS), yet God defeated Pharaoh and his army through him, then be sure you and me and every thing will perish from the face of the earth. The tragedy of death, is not dying. It is the realisation that death brings. One live will flash pass one eye, so quickly, regardless of how long one have lived.Everything is replayed and death took hold of the live. You will also know your station, because, if you are from paradise, the Angel of death comes as a comely person and he will not be harsh to the soul. However, if the person is from fire of Hell, the Angel will come with hard and ugly personality, angry and violates the body and soul. You may see some death with blood and bruised up body. Even though, they have died in their sleep or bed.

Did you receive my letter in your mail few weeks ago? Whats stopping you from responding? You should pay great consideration to my suggestion therein.
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by enugu(f): 5:11pm On Nov 11, 2006
[table]
olabowale:

@Babyosisi: Shelkh Yususf Estes, is not alone, amongst Europe's and America's Islamic leasdership! there is a ton of people like him. All of them former Christian Preacher men. What I kind of enjoy from his writing is the simplicity of the truth of it all. He spoke about the production of the Bible in English, by telling us that English was not developed before 1066 A. D. He then brought about the first Bible that he owned. A gift from his father and it was  a 1901 or thereabout KJ. He then told us that it was a revised version of some Bible produced earlier, then that one, was of an earlier version and so on. I think you know where I am going with this. The truth of it is that he sets our mind up to ask this question: If this Bible is revised and rewritten these many times, and the process is still going on, where is the proof that this Bible is still unchanging, hence Words of God? Compounded with the fact you know that the christendom believ that the Bible writers are inspired men. Even these men are not bold enough or are they intentionally obscured by the church hierrachy, keeping their identities from you and other christians.

At least we know that Muhammad (AS) says that the words in the Qur'an are from his Lord. That indicates a single Author. Which is more accurate, a single Author or so many Authors of a single book from each group? A single Author sets the direction of the book. On the other hand, the book with many Authors have so many directions as many as the Authors. Some direction(s) may negate or completely opposite others. You see that in the Bible. The case of Peter versus Paul comes to mind. Further, in the hadith, the chain of narration(s) are known. This is one of the reasons we are able to know the classifications of hadith entries. hadith ranges from Sound to weak. Weak hadith is probably narrated maybe once and then with doubtful individuals in the chain. Maybe, you will have impossible conditions, eg, individuals who never or not likely to be in the company of the prophet on a possible occassion that they record the hadith for. In Madina, you have the hypocrites infitrating the Muslim community. Some of them wre Christians and Jews and of course, the Pagans of Arab tribes. All of the hypocrites tried to impure the religion, but God exposed them.

You should not be blind. You are a good woman. Worship your Lord. Do not fall for the 'Rapture' Okey dokey, Munshu Kunshu! Everyone will die. If Ibrahiim (AS) died, even though God referred to him as His Personal Friend, yet he was the father of Faith. If Musa (AS) died, even though God spoke to him directly without Malaika Jibril (AS), yet God defeated Pharaoh and his army through him, then be sure you and me and every thing will perish from the face of the earth. The tragedy of death, is not dying. It is the realisation that death brings. One live will flash pass one eye, so quickly, regardless of how long one have lived.Everything is replayed and death took hold of the live. You will also know your station, because, if you are from paradise, the Angel of death comes as a comely person and he will not be harsh to the soul. However, if the person is from fire of Hell, the Angel will come with hard and ugly personality, angry and violates the body and soul. You may see some death with blood and bruised up body. Even though, they have died in their sleep or bed.

Did you receive my letter in your mail few weeks ago? Whats stopping you from responding? You should pay great consideration to my suggestion therein.
[/table]

@Olabowale,

so does that mean it's alright then to kill and maim because as you say, the quran is from mohammed's lord and therefore accurate. anyway, to be honest, I don't really care.  Muslims are always claiming that the Bible is not accurate and so on and so forth; like Bilquis Sheikh asked in her book I Dared To Call Him Father, what part of the Bible is changed and who changed it and why does it still have the power to transform lives

Question is for a religion that claims to mean 'peace', why don't they turn the other cheek when their faith comes into question?

Whether we like it or not, we are in the age when as the Lord says
[center]"Yet once more I shake not only the earth, but also the heavens. Now this, "Yet once more," indicates the removal of those things that are being shaken, as of things that are made, that the things which cannot be shaken may remain'[/b]Hebrews 12: 26a-27[/center]

[b]Everything
is being shaken by the Lord Most High, Jehovah El-Shaddai; Islam, Christianity, Governments everything! That is why Islam is in the limelight and being exposed for what it really is and Christians whose lives are not reflecting the Word of God are also being exposed.

So Olabowale, forget it! Whether you believe the Bible is the Word  or you believe that 27 men  or  women wrote it  is immaterial. Our God is a consuming fire; receive His Kingdom which cannot be shaken that is the only surety you have. He who calls upon the Name of the Lord shall be saved for His Name is a strong tower!!!!!
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by olabowale(m): 7:34pm On Nov 11, 2006
@Enugu: Thanks for your entry. At least, I see why i decide to respond to the women, more than my occassional response to the men of christendom of nairaland. The women, even though are clearly astray in their Doctrinal belief, are not as wild as the men. The men can learn the decorum of civility from people like Enugu.

Now, Enugu, the topic is about Terrorism being Muslim problem, exclusively. If you look thoroughly, the starter of this thread is a christian. hence, you will be forced to ask, which group, is trying to malign the other, Christians or muslims? The answer is very obvious. However you may see it differently. The christians are even going as far as insulting Allah and His messenger (AS)! Yet, you can never find any muslim, anywhere on earth that will ever insult Jesus (AS)! Any insult levelled against any prophet is a direct insult on every prophet, from Adam all the way to jesus and ending up with Muhammad. so when a christian thinks that he/she is insulting Muhammad, it is also unknowingly directly insulting all of these men which include jesus (AS to all of them).

Enugu, the concept of turning the other cheek, is not in the Qur'an and the Sunnah. However, muslims are given the encouragement and commanding advise to not over step the bound of revenge and not to start a conflict. We know from the Qur'an that God says that Oppression is worse than Killing. On the other hand, from the bible, you are commanded to turn the other cheek. Please tell me here and now, have you ever seen any individual, group or society or country mong the christians that has turned the other cheek? Please let me know, from all the recorded history of christian nations or groups or individuals.

Unfortunately, the reverse is always the case. You will see the christians practicing preemptive strike, or instigating conflicts among people. Inshort, they are always itching for a fight. I guess all the preaching of Jesus (AS), fell on deaf ears! You ask any unbiased historian, under the rulership of Muslims, you found the renaissance of Europe's Jews and christians. They became enlightened and men and women of scholarship and it was this period that laid the foundation of today's Europe and indeed America's advancement.

It was the openess of the Muslims that the palestinians practiced in palestine that made it possible for the Jews to even lhave a noticeable presence o that land, before 1850. Then the Zionist movement began with the help of the Crusaders' offspring in Europe, specifically in England. Well, you know the rest of the story. Enugu, even though i am a Nigerian, how will you like it even if i were to spent a trillion USD in Igboland, that i displace the indigenous Enugu people, for example your family? If the shoe is on the other foot, the story is always different. think about it, my sister. Think about it before you answer.
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by gbadex1(m): 10:07pm On Nov 11, 2006
@ olabowale:

concerning the Bible not being original, . . . like they, "they have ears but cannot hear, they have eyes but they cannot see."

I personally don't know how many times Christians have to keep pounding it in ya brains.

First, the Bible is a divine inspiration from God, written by men over different time periods! Take note: it was inspired by God!! The number of individuals that it took to write the Bible doesn't matter. What matters itself is the Living Word of God, period!!

Secondly, if we take a look at the various versions of the Bible written over time, one would find that the differences these versions have IS in their diction and NOT in their meaning!! Take for example, John 3:16 or John 1:1 in  the KJV and the NIV. Their diction is probably different, but those passages have the same meaning in both different versions!!

Another factor is that if the original copies of the Bible were copied throughout the centuries, does it mean the Bible has been adulterated? No with a capital N!!! The original Bible, as inspired by God,  over the centuries has been recopied due to the demand, and growing numbers of converts in the world. Due to geographical locations, many versions arose but never lost their meaning despite the differences in diction and writing arrangement!

Thirdly, if the Bible is as corrupted as you muslims claim it to be, then why is it that Biblical characters and stories are found in the Quran? Let us not forget that Christianity has been existence for about 2000 years, and Islam for about 1500 years. Taking the time difference, Christianity was existing 500 years before Islam. And so if u muslims say the Bible is not the Word of God, then what would you say about your Quran? If characters and stories from another religion that existed well over 500 years before yours, are contained in your own religion, then technically the Quran is corrupted, a flawed copy of that Bible u feel is adulterated.

More will be coming from me. . . .
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by gbadex1(m): 10:08pm On Nov 11, 2006
@ olabowale:

concerning the Bible not being original, . . . like they, "they have ears but cannot hear, they have eyes but they cannot see."

I personally don't know how many times Christians have to keep pounding it in ya brains.

First, the Bible is a divine inspiration from God, written by men over different time periods! Take note: it was inspired by God!! The number of individuals that it took to write the Bible doesn't matter. What matters itself is the Living Word of God, period!!

Secondly, if we take a look at the various versions of the Bible written over time, one would find that the differences these versions have IS in their diction and NOT in their meaning!! Take for example, John 3:16 or John 1:1 in  the KJV and the NIV. Their diction is probably different, but those passages have the same meaning in both different versions!!

Another factor is that if the original copies of the Bible were copied throughout the centuries, does it mean the Bible has been adulterated? No with a capital N!!! The original Bible, as inspired by God,  over the centuries has been recopied due to the demand, and growing numbers of converts in the world. Due to geographical locations, many versions arose but never lost their meaning despite the differences in diction and writing arrangement!

Thirdly, if the Bible is as corrupted as you muslims claim it to be, then why is it that Biblical characters and stories are found in the Quran? Let us not forget that Christianity has been existence for about 2000 years, and Islam for about 1500 years. Taking the time difference, Christianity was existing 500 years before Islam. And so if u muslims say the Bible is not the Word of God, then what would you say about your Quran? If characters and stories from another religion that existed well over 500 years before yours, are contained in your own religion, then technically the Quran is corrupted, a flawed copy of that Bible u feel is adulterated.

Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by Nobody: 10:22pm On Nov 11, 2006
gbade. x:

@ olabowale:

Mohammed not only copied and rearranged some biblical stories,he also copied in his quarysh pagan ancestral worship into Islam,dusting off the 'many gods' part,got rid of the daughters of allah and knowing that the death and resurrection of Christ is the only way to salvation,he quickly added that it did not happen.

God is not mocked.
Mohammed claimed to have received revelations from allah while under the sheets with a nine year old girl.
How can that be the same Lord God almighty.
How can a man with countless wives and concubines ,a man who was permitted by allah to sleep with anyone his heart desired,be a prohet?

A man who even admitted to be demon posessed and in the height of his sinfulness declared that he did not know what his allah would do to him.
A deviant preoccupied with sexual immorality,asked his followers to marry max of 4 and could not keep his pants up.

Mohammed was no prophet,he led a filthy life.
Re: Is Terrorism A Muslim Problem? by gbadex1(m): 11:37pm On Nov 11, 2006
Lol @ babyosisi.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11)

Is Shayton Also Whispering In Your Ear? Read This And Beware! / Alhaji Gawat Is Still Missing A Year On / NYSC: Advice To Muslim Brethren On Camp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.