Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,887 members, 7,810,419 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:39 AM

We Must Sin. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / We Must Sin. (1784 Views)

Fornication Is Not A Sin / Why Do Most Churches Dont Preach About Sin And Holiness? / Fornication or Homosexuality, Which is a Greater Sin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Must Sin. by bindex(m): 11:55pm On Jan 02, 2009
Jesus died for our sins. They are already paid for. We are obligated to sin, otherwise, his suffering will have been in vain. It would be like poor parents who scrimp and save for their child to go to university, only to have him drop out in his first year. It would be a giant disappointment for them.

Moreover, we do not want to cheapen his sacrifice by committing small and ordinary sins, like impure thoughts, swearing or not praying. Jesus Christ did not die for those simple sins. I doubt he would have endured a nail and thorns for those. We should get as much mileage as possible out of it, go for the big sins, the deadliest and bad ones.

If we do not, it is like going to an all-inclusive resort, but sleeping on the floor, skipping the expensive dinner, and not going to the beach or riding in the expensive cars available at the resort. That would be a total waste. To not do so is to mock God and Jesus because God sent Jesus to come and die for all of our sins(sin has been defeated). We owe it to god to make every sin count to show how much we appreciate his sacrifice. What do you guys think?
Re: We Must Sin. by mazaje(m): 12:20am On Jan 03, 2009
wow! i never looked at the argument in that way before. i always thought that if jesus supposedly died for the sins of all mankind, then they wouldn't be called sins because jesus erased sin when he died the bible even went ahead and said all sins were nailed to the cross. pastor chris of christ embassy has started teaching in that direction these days. bindex, why do you keep posting threads like this? kai dan iska ne fa, ka haukache ko? grin grin. i am going to start a sect of christainity based on this doctrine(before the messages of pastor chris begin to gain traction).  mazaje's chapel of sin.  the host would be a plate of chicken chops and a cold bottle of beer. imagine the revenue it will bring. . . . . . . . . . . .
Re: We Must Sin. by Image123(m): 2:51pm On Jan 03, 2009
@mazaje
I thought you were an atheist,so you just a God hater.why are your judgements beclouded beyond reason.is the arguement above reasonable or you just want to display how much you're against God.everything against God seems to make perfect sense to you.how is it that someone comes to help an individualA out of his debt,and then the logical show of gratitude in your eyes is that such individualA should get into heaviest of debts since someone has helped him pay his first debt.how reasonable can you get?
Re: We Must Sin. by Chrisbenogor(m): 3:19pm On Jan 03, 2009
Oh no bindex you don kill me today Rotflmao
If I recall well his mercies endureth forever kai lol.
Re: We Must Sin. by mazaje(m): 3:54pm On Jan 03, 2009
Image123:

@mazaje
I thought you were an atheist,so you just a God hater.why are your judgements beclouded beyond reason.is the arguement above reasonable or you just want to display how much you're against God.everything against God seems to make perfect sense to Uhow is it that someone comes to help an individualA out of his debt,and then the logical show of gratitude in your eyes is that such individualA should get into heaviest of debts since someone has helped him pay his first debt.how reasonable can you get?

what debt are you talking about here? grin grin grin grin the christain narrative has just gotten more absurd.
Re: We Must Sin. by Image123(m): 4:08pm On Jan 03, 2009
@bindex and mazaje
if I recall correctly,you said you were once churchgoers.If only you had paid more attention during sermon or attended a better church,you would have being told that all the world i.e every human is already in debt by default.Big debt of condemnation.that one is now making profit by doing good/morally sound things doesn't change the fact of the debt on ground.what the bible says is that all your good works and positives/profits cannot pay for your debts.Only Jesus Christ can and he has paid the price already.what is left is for you to accept his payment.that is freewill.One could remain so proud and choose to remain in debt by refusing to accept Jesus' offer.one could be even adamant and claim he owes no debt and will not accept any help.well,the sorry truth is that such individual will have to pay for his debt by himself and that is by everlasting death.but Jesus has died/paid the price for us.Believing this is what we call belief/faith.that's why we call ourselves believers.Jesus said in the bible that anybody that doesn't believe is condemned already.condemned to judgement,condemned to die eternally.There's hope for any body who chooses to believe today.that is the christian message
Re: We Must Sin. by JJYOU: 4:23pm On Jan 03, 2009
RESTLESS SINNERS STILL AT WORK IN 2009. LORD HAVE MERCY.
THIS IS THE YEAR OF SWEAT AND HEAT UPON SINNERS LIKE YOU HAVE NEVER SEEN OR IMAGINED. THINGS YOU ENJOYED BEFORE ARE GOING TO HURTT YOU SO BAD YOU WONT KNOW WHAT DAY YOU ARE IN. SIN IS NOT GOING TO PLEASURABLE THIS YEAR.

IT IS TIME TO SEEK GOD FOR HIS SALVATION PEOPLE.

STOP DECEIVING YOURSELF. GIVE YOUR LIFE TO JESUS
Re: We Must Sin. by mazaje(m): 4:27pm On Jan 03, 2009
Image123:

@bindex and mazaje
if I recall correctly,you said you were once churchgoers.If only you had paid more attention during sermon or attended a better church,you would have being told that all the world i.e every human is already in debt by default.

debt by default for doing what? no human asked for any loan from any god or gods that's if we are to go by the biblical narrative.

Big debt of condemnation.that one is now making profit by doing good/morally sound things doesn't change the fact of the debt on ground.[/b]what the bible says is that all your good works and positives/profits cannot pay for your debts.Only Jesus Christ can and he has paid the price already.what is left is for you to accept his payment.[b]that is freewill.One could remain so proud and choose to remain in debt by refusing to accept Jesus' offer.one could be even adamant and claim he owes no debt and will not accept any help.well,the sorry truth is that such individual will have to pay for his debt by himself and that is by everlasting death.but Jesus has died/paid the price for us.Believing this is what we call belief/faith.that's why we call ourselves believers.Jesus said in the bible that anybody that doesn't believe is condemned already.condemned to judgement,condemned to die eternally.There's hope for any body who chooses to believe today.that is the christian message

i thought jesus has already paid the price and debt, was that not the point bindex was trying to make. the point am trying to make here is to show how ridiculous the christain narrative is.

here is what i read on another thread with regards to the free will hogwash and the entire christains message.

Before the Earth was created, there were smart and powerful angels with free will living with God. They knew about good and evil because God created them. They live around God and have a pretty good idea of how the Man operates, what He likes and doesn't like. Now, we are told that one of the angels went bad on God, Lucifer, and disobeyed God. God did not like this, so this angel was banished (not destroyed), but simply banished to Hell. Not only that, but a lot of the other angels chose to go also. Lesson #1 is even if beings live with God and already know about good and evil, and clearly know that they will will get in trouble God if they choose badly, they make bad choices. So God files this away for reference.

Now, after this turmoil, at some time later we have God creating His little experiment on Earth. He creates the Earth, and puts two very naive humans on it. They are not very experienced beings. He gives them free will, just like the angels have. But, they do not know anything about good or evil. Which brings up another point, if you know nothing about evil, are you not by default good, even if you don't know "good"? How do you act/react in the world if you neither know "good" or "evil". It would seem that you could do no harm, thus by default be "good". Continuing, He says don't eat of the tree of knowledge of good and evil. But to make it even harder, they get tempted by a serpent, so, surprise, they fail the experiment.

Now what do we have here? God already tried a freewill experiment with angels and what did He learn from that? He learned that, given freewill, an entity may choose any path at all, good or evil (we will forget about the fact that God, being omniscient, already knows what's going to happen in all these cases anyway). The angels certainly knew about the choices they had, and one of them exercised a choice, but not the way God would have liked. So God knows now that powerful, smart entities make bad decisions (from God's point of view anyway). These angels really had no excuse.

Now here's the weird part. Next thing you know God is trying the same experiment again, but with what? Two brand new models that are in no way comparable to powerful and smart angels that He knows ALREADY don't use free will the way He wishes they would. Adam & Eve, two vastly inferior models, two vastly poorer decision makers than angels. Anyone can see what is going to be the result of this grand plan - total failure which was totally predictable.

It seems obvious then, God cannot learn from his past creation attempts. It is a simple extrapolation for even a mere mortal mind to see, given that powerful and smart angels that live with God cannot make evil/good free will choices wisely, there is no chance at all the prototype human models are going to do it. There is simply no need to do this. God should have just created them with the knowledge of good and evil in the first place if He insists on going through with the plan, thus avoiding the initial and useless drama involving serpents, apples, trees of knowledge, etc. Create them with knowledge of good and evil and allow the choice to be made by them with wisdom, fair and square. But lest we all forget, God is Omniscient and entirely knew all of this anyway, which makes it all the more confounding.
Re: We Must Sin. by mazaje(m): 4:31pm On Jan 03, 2009
JJYOU:

RESTLESS SINNERS STILL AT WORK IN 2009. LORD HAVE MERCY.
THIS IS THE YEAR OF SWEAT AND HEAT UPON SINNERS LIKE YOU HAVE NEVER SEEN OR IMAGINED. THINGS YOU ENJOYED BEFORE ARE GOING TO HURTT YOU SO BAD YOU WONT KNOW WHAT DAY YOU ARE IN. SIN IS NOT GOING TO PLEASURABLE THIS YEAR.
IT IS TIME TO SEEK GOD FOR HIS SALVATION PEOPLE.

STOP DECEIVING YOURSELF. GIVE YOUR LIFE TO JESUS

grin grin grin grin now you are back to cursing and hyperventilation grin grin grin grin. this is the year of sweat and sin , what about the previous years, where was your god? was he sleeping or what? please wake him and and tell him to come and wipe away all the sinners from the surface of the earth. stop decieving your self give your life to allah the greatest and most merciful.
Re: We Must Sin. by Image123(m): 7:00pm On Jan 03, 2009
@mazaje
sorry to say,you're a confused man and it'll be difficult to explain this things to you.It's like trying to explain reality to a person in coma.or teaching a madman.these things are possible but they're difficult.its like trying to make a sick baby to understand why he needs to undergo a medical operation.you don't understand God/the Bible and can't really understand him except you're 'in the family'.Everything will just seem mysterious to you and in your understandably human frustration,you likely get angry and term us as unreasonable.you're not the first neither are you the last God hater.Just take it easy on your health
Re: We Must Sin. by Image123(m): 7:26pm On Jan 03, 2009
If you've read the Bible and if you're not a forgetful reader,you'll see that it says all humans are sinners/debtors by default because they all originate from Adam.i guess if you don't believe in something, then you don't bother yourself about it.but your troubles about the bible logically proves that you believe in it.I'm sure you wouldn't waste life and time talking about 'snow white and the seven dwarfs'.because you don't believe it happened and can easily dismiss it as unimportant to you.But your zeal for religion shows that you actually regard it.so what the bible says is that all humans are debtors by default.I've repeated that a couple of times now so that it may probly sink.Don't ask again saying 'who is owing debt and what not.Now as said earlier,Jesus came to pay for that debt.now some accept his payment but some don't.Its not by force to help.He came to help and you have freewill to accept that help or reject and even deny that help.He has offered it already.he has paid it.but the part of the debtor is to accept it.that's the bible story for you. you may choose not to believe it happened but hope it makes better sense to you.It's like a man put in prison for 10years because he owes mr.A an amount he can never afford to pay.but then,MR b hears about it and makes an agreement with A to settle the debt.and they come to tell the debtor in prison to accept the offer and come out.a wise debtor will come out gratefully and be more responsible.its a proud debtor or a foolish debtor that will say no.i love prison or I can't allow someone else to pay my debt.
Also,to help you about adam,mankind was not an experiment.well the bible doesn't say that.the human race was a good and perfect design. adam was created good but he disobeyed God and ate the fruit that could make him good and evil.unfortunately,he became evil,sorry his race became affected.I'll stop here for now
Re: We Must Sin. by mazaje(m): 8:39pm On Jan 03, 2009
Image123:

If you've read the Bible and if you're not a forgetful reader,you'll see that it says all humans are sinners/debtors by default because they all originate from Adam.i guess if you don't believe in something, then you don't bother yourself about it.but your troubles about the bible logically proves that you believe in it.I'm sure you wouldn't waste life and time talking about 'snow white and the seven dwarfs'.because you don't believe it happened and can easily dismiss it as unimportant to UBut your zeal for religion shows that you actually regard it.

this is the lie you god defenders tell yourselves and use to console yourselves. i don't talk about snow white and the seven dwafs because, people do not believe in snow white as the creator of heaven and earth, i do not talk about snow white because nigerians do not depend on snow white to help save them from their man made situations. i do not talk about snow white because no body has ever claimed that snow white has healed or helped them survive any illness or death while so many people attribute so many things that can be explained naturally to their god. christains are fond of looking down and calling people that do not believe in their god fools, all i do here is point to them how ridiculous and foolish their own beliefs actually are.

for example lets just look at a few verses in the bible so that you might get what i am saying. in genesis god makes two lights: "the greater light [the sun] to rule the day, and the lesser light [the moon] to rule the night." but the moon is not a light, but only reflects light from the sun. And why, if God made the moon to "rule the night", does it spend half of its time moving through the daytime sky?

gen 1:30 And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so. all animals were originally herbivores. tapeworms, vampire bats, mosquitoes,tigers and lions -- all were strict vegetarians, as they were created by god. isn't this absurd?

god is rightly filled with remorse for having killed his creatures. he even puts the rainbow in the cloud to remind himself of his promise to the animals not to do it again. but science has showed that rainbows are caused by the nature of light, the refractive index of water, and the shape of raindrops or water. which also occur in oceans and other places where there is water. besides rainbows have existed even before the time of noah.

god worries that people could build a tower high enough to reach him (them?) in heaven, and that by so doing they will become omnipotent.according to the tower of babel story, the many human languages were created instantaneously by god. but actually the various languages evolved gradually over long periods of time.

jacob displays his knowledge of biology by having cattle copulate while looking at streaked rods. the result is streaked baby cattle. 30:37-39 isn't this ridiculous? and later an angel praises jacob for his fancy genetic work. where has this ever been done and how is that possible? why is there no record of this ever happening any where else? in fact how is this possible?

accorging to the bible it took the israelites 40 years to travel from egypt to canaan, yet such a journey, even at that time, would have taken at most a month. because the places are quite close.

this are just a few of the ridiculous biblical assertions that i try to point out here, when moslems say that mohammed divided the moon into 2 halves christains laugh and ridicule the moslems, why? because they know that it never happened just the way that the noah's flood or tower of bable never happened.

christains are quick to point out that their god is a very merciful, kind and compassionate yet the bible says that he helped in the killing of about five hundered thousand men in chronicles. in the largest single god-assisted massacre in the bible, asa, with god's help, kills one million ethiopians. why is it that it is only in ancient jewish, arabic and other ancient text that god or the gods helps in fighting and killing the enemies of his people? why does'nt he do it now? is it because people now know that all this are fairy tales? the old testament is filled with the biblegod killing and destroying people, advocating slavery and giving outlandish commandments like telling moses to kill some one because he was picking sticks on a sabbath. what happened to forgiveness?

i just find it ridiculous that people that believe in these ridiculous and unfactual assertions (of which there are so many more in the bible) look down and call others fools for not believing in them. all i do here is point out the the christain belief is no different than that of the moslems, hindus, jews, buddhist, taoist or other african traditional religions. any way you guys have the excuse of shouting miracle anytime you are confronted with such unfactual biblical assertions.
Re: We Must Sin. by Image123(m): 9:25pm On Jan 03, 2009
@mazaje
So you do like snow white and the 7dwarfs.you sound excited mentioning that.well if you don't believe in God and his stories,just beat it.Leave the religion people alone.leave nigerians alone.why e dey pain you so.I agree christians do call other unwise people but you God haters revel in and are fonder of calling christians stupid fools and unreasonable.you don't stop at that,you also go ahead insulting gods that you don't believe exist.that is ridiculous.by the way who told you that the moon spends HALF its time moving through the DAYTIME sky.by the way,what light rules the night,your generator light or NEPA light?why don't you understand basic communication?you think the bible is a physics/geography textbook?In the beginning God made two great lights.what beginning?the human race beginning,the earth's beginning of history.God made two great.to God?no,why are they great?they're great with respect to the earth and its inhabitants.it doesn't say they're the greatest lights but with regard to the earth,they are two great lights.whether the moon reflects or diffracts light is not the issue.the issue is that it gives light.the bible was written to communicate God to man.it is written simply enough to communicate even to illiterates and literates.its not a science magazine.
Re: We Must Sin. by AKO1(m): 9:39pm On Jan 03, 2009
@Poster

Jesus paid for/covered for our sins. We will definatly sin but what Jesus did covers primarily for the penalty of sin i.e. (ultimately) Hell. A believer is not subject to go to hell by virtue of their belief in, acceptance and confession by word of mouth of what Jesus did on the cross for them.

If for example I say that I've 'paid' for your crimes, it means that even if you commit crimes, you don't have to go to prison. you kind of get the drift?

Of course that is no license to sin. Unfortunately some xtians see what Jesus did as a 'passport to heaven'. It is, in a great sense, but it is not an excuse to perpetually commit sin.

bindex:

Moreover, we do not want to cheapen his sacrifice by committing small and ordinary sins, like impure thoughts, swearing or not praying.  Jesus Christ did
not die for those simple sins.  I doubt he would have endured a nail and thorns for those.  We should get as much mileage as possible out of it, go for the big sins, the deadliest and bad ones.   

There is no such thing as a big or small sin. All unrighteousness is sin, so the bible says. It is judgemental christians who have given different sins ranking.

This came to my mind some time ago: if you ask the average Christian, "which sin is greater, lying or adultery", instictively they will say adultery. Interestingly, somewhere in Psalms, David lists seven things that are abominations to the Lord and guess what is Number 1 on the list? A Lying Tongue! How's that? wink
Re: We Must Sin. by Image123(m): 9:49pm On Jan 03, 2009
If you listened to your teacher in class,you'll know what is called foodchain or cycle.the message in Gen1v29-31 is that everything was available for good food.you were before Noah abi?that's why you can tell us rainbows existed in the cloud before Noah or your ancestors told you that?scientists have showed how rainbows are formed.lol.who sent them,what do they know and when do they know by the way.Trust them,they can come up with a review tomorrow.Who created the nature of light and who shaped water.can he not restructure it to produce a rainbow in the sky.Its a pity you don't know God.God had given man specific instruction to fill up/replenish earth and man wanted to stay in one place,so he scattered them.that baffles you! If you have power over something and the thing seems to be growing powers contrary to what you want,its normal/reason that you cut and divert that power.and make that something do witc you want it to do.then you don't believe in Jacob's miracle or in miracles,well sorry.I believe in miracles and have seen undeniable ones.the foolishness and weak methods of God is stronger and wiser than the greatest strength and intelligence of men.I'm sure you don't believe a virgin can give birth to a man.well thats what we call a miracle.supernatural.above natural.greater than sight or reason.
Re: We Must Sin. by Image123(m): 10:10pm On Jan 03, 2009
If you read your bible carefully,you'll realise that you're not the first person to know that the Israelites could have passed a shorter route to Canaan.Or maybe you read it but didn't believe it and saw it as a farce until you checked your geography map/saw a fellow God hater like you say that.Then you're talking about Murders.Well check up on your history,the world has not always being civilized.people and nations fought to capture lands,defend lands,retain lands,get wealth and so forth.It's reasonable that a alive God should favor his people where needs be.when the time came that gentiles and Jews should be reconciled by Christ Jesus,there arises no more need for God's people to fight.fight who.we've being reconciled,we're all God's people in Christ.no favoritism.b t w ,who taught you about mercy and forgiveness? These are religious terms mr.you know little or nothing about them.I know you have your unbeliefs in bulk.Don't bore me with them please. Stick to the topic.like I said,its difficult to explain things to people like you.its difficult to describe colours to a blind sinner.Its difficult to explain life to a dead sinner debtor.Jesus still remains the Way.the substitute,the sin bearer.all you need to do is believe this things.
Re: We Must Sin. by bindex(m): 11:33pm On Jan 03, 2009
Image123:

then you don't believe in Jacob's miracle or in miracles,well sorry.I believe in miracles and have seen undeniable ones.the foolishness and weak methods of God is stronger and wiser than the greatest strength and intelligence of men.I'm sure you don't believe a virgin can give birth to a man.well thats what we call a miracle.supernatural.above natural.greater than sight or reason.

Please can you go ahead and tell us about the undeniable miracles you have seen or witness?
Re: We Must Sin. by duduspace(m): 11:45pm On Jan 03, 2009
@Bindex

You beat me to it, I am as well interested in narratives of the undeniable miracles.

@Image123 please we are waiting.

I am hoping that you have witnessed any or all of the followin:
1. Going200Km + on an empty tank
2. Changing the weather during winter in a temperate region
3. Expanding a bridge or turned your vehicle into James Bond mode when confronted with an impending accident.
4. Woken up a dead man
5. Changing of someone's height
e.t.c
Re: We Must Sin. by huxley(m): 12:02am On Jan 04, 2009
Is there prophecy in the Old Testament about Jesus Christ coming to die for mankind's sins?
Re: We Must Sin. by mazaje(m): 12:15am On Jan 04, 2009
@ Image123

as i aforementioned i am just here to show you how ridiculous your beliefs are. i pointed out that christains laugh and ridicule moslems when they tell them that the prophet mohammed divided the moon into two halves for the entire world to see. but you have the stories of jonah surving inside a fish for three days, talking donkeys, jesus walking on water, turning water into wine, healing the blind and deaf etc.we have stories about the biblegod sending earth quakes to destroy people or the enemies of his people, engaging in wars, telling people how to kill or enslave each other yet, accepting human scarifice etc you guys go around insulting and ridiculing allah the god of the moslems when your own god is no different from theirs. after your replies i have come to the conclusion that .many atheists look at the bible and ask "what does this book tell us?"
many believers look at the bible and say "how can i make this fit what i already believe?" the answer is of course apologetics and cherry-picking.

duduspace:

@Bindex

You beat me to it, I am as well interested in narratives of the undeniable miracles.

@Image123 please we are waiting.

I am hoping that you have witnessed any or all of the followin:
1. Going200Km + on an empty tank
2. Changing the weather during winter in a temperate region
3. Expanding a bridge or turned your vehicle into James Bond mode when confronted with an impending accident.
4. Woken up a dead man
5. Changing of someone's height
e.t.c

do you know that there are christain that actually believe that pastor adeboye actually performed all those"miracles"  shocked shocked i notice that europeans do not perform miracles the way nigerian pastors perform miracles in fact the christains living here do not believe in miracles as such because the media people will follow you till you can prove beyond reasonable doubt in front of cameras that your miracle is real hence people do not try such fraud and lies here because they know that they will be exposed. any pastor that claims to heal any body from HIV/AIDS, cancer or broken bones by prayers alone will surely be exposed that's why you never hear of any of such miracle claims here in europe only in nigeria where the people are blind deluded and confused. i asked my christain friend why we don't see miracles in our time here in europe, why miracles don't happen anymore, he told me, the reason we don't see miracles is because we have the bible he said the primitive people back in miracle times didn't have the bible, so they needed miracles and magic to believe. i almost laugh out loud,  he doesnt know that there are millions in africa that believe in miracles. american pastors like benny hinn etc have been forced to apologize for all their staged miracles so their own miracle claims have reduced too they don't go around claiming to have raised people from the dead as they used to do before. we have liars like pastor chris healing a girl of about 10 that was born deaf but the girl was able to hear and say daddy when asked to say the word. they did'nt use sign language to communicate to her, pastor chris just told her using words of mouth to say daddy and she said daddy. people were delirious jumping, shouting and praising the "lord". how is it possible for a girl that has never been able to hear or speak for about 10 years be able to know and pronounce words? how did she even know what they were saying to her? this is blatant fraud but we have intelligent people believing all this nonsense? naija no be small thing i wonder when people will open their eyes and see things for what they really are.
Re: We Must Sin. by Image123(m): 9:07pm On Jan 04, 2009
@bindex,duduspace and co.
Your patience is enviable.lol. The problem is that you may not even reply for days now.you and huxley have a hobby of pasting or posting things and abandoning them.maybe your source of inspiration is the same anyway.firstly,I'll like you to know that God is not a magician.He's God.he doesn't work miracles at your whim to show off.He HARDLY manifests in situations of unbelief.He's not obliged to.He's God.It's your cup of hell if you don't believe Him.He usually responds to the HUMBLE and believing,not the skeptical.If you want to hear testimony and miracle,I think there's a thread on that right on nairaland.go and read.perhaps it may even lift your faithless heart with some faith.on 2nd thoughts,let me just tell you about this one miracle.I know of a girl,I still saw her yesterday.Some years ago,she had a problem with her leg.One leg started becoming shorter than the other visible for all to see.She went to hospitalS,at Igbobi(its a popular place for bone issues in lagos),they built her a shoe to make the legs look equal and gave her crutches.the leg continued growing shorter and she was told that she had to cut it.well,she took the case to God in prayer with her church members.within weeks,the leg grew back.she's walking normally today,she can run.I still saw her yesterday.that event was not natural,she used No drug,she got what is called a miracle.I'll be sharing another miracle on the thread 'Today's Rhema' tomorrow incase you're interested.miracles do happen.miracles of healing,provision,protection and so on.Of course there are people who spread fake miracles but it doesn't change the fact of existence of genuine miracles.
Re: We Must Sin. by mazaje(m): 1:41pm On Jan 05, 2009
Image123:

@bindex,duduspace and co.
Your patience is enviable.lol. The problem is that you may not even reply for days now.you and huxley have a hobby of pasting or posting things and abandoning them.maybe your source of inspiration is the same anyway.firstly,I'll like you to know that God is not a magician.He's God.he doesn't work miracles at your whim to show off.He HARDLY manifests in situations of unbelief.He's not obliged to.He's God.It's your cup of hell if you don't believe Him.He usually responds to the HUMBLE and believing,not the skeptical.If you want to hear testimony and miracle,I think there's a thread on that right on nairaland.go and read.perhaps it may even lift your faithless heart with some faith.on 2nd thoughts,let me just tell you about this one miracle.I know of a girl,I still saw her yesterday.Some years ago,she had a problem with her leg.One leg started becoming shorter than the other visible for all to see.She went to hospitalS,at Igbobi(its a popular place for bone issues in lagos),they built her a shoe to make the legs look equal and gave her crutches.the leg continued growing shorter and she was told that she had to cut it.well,she took the case to God in prayer with her church members.within weeks,the leg grew back.she's walking normally today,she can run.I still saw her yesterday.that event was not natural,she used No drug,she got what is called a miracle.I'll be sharing another miracle on the thread 'Today's Rhema' tomorrow incase you're interested.miracles do happen.miracles of healing,provision,protection and so on.Of course there are people who spread fake miracles but it doesn't change the fact of existence of genuine miracles.

grin grin grin grin
Re: We Must Sin. by deebrain(m): 3:56pm On Jan 06, 2009
INSTEAD OF TALKING TRASH TO THE GUY PLEASE, LETS PRAY FOR HIM,

BUT HIS POST IS REALLY FUNNY!!!
Re: We Must Sin. by ttalks(m): 12:27am On Jan 08, 2009
bindex,
The bible is the standard by which Christians live their lives and it is from that standard that they will defend their faith whenever it is challenged by people like you.If you choose to disbelieve or ridicule the accounts of the bible, that is ur own funeral.It doesn't change anything about the Christians faith.
However, in response to ur post which says we must sin:
We as Christians must not sin as you put it, but u as a non christian can continue to sin since you already have the nature of sin as ur controlling factor and master over ur life.Infact,u have no choice in the matter; u must sin.
But we Christians will not sin.It is a choice of ours which you do not have since you are a slave to sin.
Why will we as Christians not sin?
Go and read Romans 6:1-23.
Believe it,disbelieve it,ridicule it; - all to ur own funeral. But we as Christians have chosen and will continue to choose not to sin.
Re: We Must Sin. by ttalks(m): 12:30am On Jan 08, 2009
ttalks:

bindex,
The bible is the standard by which Christians live their lives and it is from that standard that they will defend their faith whenever it is challenged by people like UIf you choose to disbelieve or ridicule the accounts of the bible, that is ur own funeral.It doesn't change anything about the Christians faith.
However, in response to ur post which says we must sin:
We as Christians must not sin as you put it, but u as a non christian can continue to sin since you already have the nature of sin as ur controlling factor and master over ur life.Infact,u have no choice in the matter; u must sin.
But we Christians will not sin.It is a choice of ours which you do not have since you are a slave to sin.
Why will we as Christians not sin?
Go and read Romans 6:1-23.
Believe it,disbelieve it,ridicule it; - all to ur own funeral. But we as Christians have chosen and will continue to choose not to sin.

And that goes for u mazaje and ur fellow co-conspirators.
Re: We Must Sin. by OBVIOUS(m): 1:01am On Jan 08, 2009
If we don't sin, then why did Jesus die ? grin grin
Re: We Must Sin. by Tonyet1(m): 12:37pm On Jan 08, 2009
My dear brother bindex and mazaje,

we all have the choice to say whatever we like about God,believe in God or not

but whether u like it or not, eveyone is a Believer, becos even the athiests[b] believe[/b] that there is no God, at least they believes something

and what you stand to believe is what will judge you in this life and that to come

now let me keep this topic straight here,

[b]Jesus' coming on earth was not only to die for our sins[/b]if incase you guys dont know, so do not make the mistake of summing his coming as just for"dieing for our sins", becos b4 he came, sin has existed on earth and after his ascension he knows it will always continue

here are some of the few reasons he came:

1. to bring about the falling and rising of many in Isreal (Luke 2:34)

2. to liberate and reconcile the gentile nations back to God (their creator)- (col.1:21)

3. He was life, and his life was to become the light of men (john.1:3)

4. to fetch out the selected few that the Father had set aside for HIS kingdom since the inception of the world (Rom.8:29-30, 1cor.2:7)

5. to be the author of the new covenant (Is.9:6, other many passages too)

6. to abolish the old covenant (Heb.10:9), which were just shadows of things to come , whom he was the real substance(col.2:17)

7. and to bring about his Fathers kingdom to mankind (matt.12:34)

and finally but not the least is to bring about a SWIFT JUDGEMENT to every perpetrator of evil, and all those who world not accept the Gospel(good news) he came to bring the world (John.3:15-19)

love you my dear brothers mazaje and bindex, He really needs your heart back to him again (Rev.3:20)
Re: We Must Sin. by janami(f): 12:38pm On Jan 08, 2009
We must sin becos we are flesh and He would forgive if we repent because He is a gracious God, but it would be a BIG mistake to take His grace for granted.
Re: We Must Sin. by Tonyet1(m): 12:42pm On Jan 08, 2009
BABE,

its not true, dont believe their lies. . .

ok!
Re: We Must Sin. by janami(f): 12:51pm On Jan 08, 2009
i know they r just twisting the whole thing, wot i was actually trying to point out is dat man is fallible, but that does not mean they should take Gods grace for granted.

All u have written above is what i would have written too if i could draft the words like u did
Re: We Must Sin. by Chrisbenogor(m): 1:22pm On Jan 08, 2009
and what you stand to believe is what will judge you in this life and that to come

And how do you know there is a life to come?
Re: We Must Sin. by Tgirl4real(f): 1:54pm On Jan 08, 2009
Jesus died for our sins. They are already paid for. We are obligated to sin, otherwise, his suffering will have been in vain. It would be like poor parents who scrimp and save for their child to go to university, only to have him drop out in his first year. It would be a giant disappointment for them.

shocked shocked shocked

U are joking, right undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Peter Was The First Pope Of The Catholic Church And They Don't Collect Tithes / Atheist Defends Islam! / Inspirational Quote Of The Day: God's Novel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.