Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,674 members, 7,816,762 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:40 PM

My Bitter Experience, Undergraduates "Keep Record Of All Your Results" - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My Bitter Experience, Undergraduates "Keep Record Of All Your Results" (19393 Views)

18 Photos Graduates And Undergraduates Can Relate To / My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday / Neco Gce Nov/dec 2014 Released Check And Share Your Results (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Bitter Experience, Undergraduates "Keep Record Of All Your Results" by elantraceey(f): 12:45pm On Feb 11, 2015
Emlina:
I'm sure d wise has taken note of this. Nl still being Nl, is sure 2 mk gd posts look stupid. Congrats OP. 3.55 no b beans. Sm ladies Sleep wit old smelling men jst 2 get it. Go n enjoy.

Speaking from experience? tongue
Re: My Bitter Experience, Undergraduates "Keep Record Of All Your Results" by Nobody: 12:50pm On Feb 11, 2015
I was supposed to graduate with a CGPA of 3.72 last year cry
Now i have to go back this semester to rewrite a course because of some stupid mistakes from my dept. Its bout luck bro. I dont know anybody here.
Re: My Bitter Experience, Undergraduates "Keep Record Of All Your Results" by LuckyLadolce(m): 12:53pm On Feb 11, 2015
flolancracker:
Wow. I'm so proud of you, Son.
Ur son can't shout abeg grin Yoruba go say.. Ori lomo olola lola. Nah destiny know the wealthy one in the future grin
Re: My Bitter Experience, Undergraduates "Keep Record Of All Your Results" by jimcaddy(m): 1:45pm On Feb 11, 2015
The same thing happened to me but i didnt bother to follow it up because i still didnt leave Third Class anyway, so no point..

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience, Undergraduates "Keep Record Of All Your Results" by SkinnyDude(m): 1:57pm On Feb 11, 2015
Ezegozie:
I will like to use this opportunity to share with you (especially the undergraduates), what I passed through last three weeks when I came for my clearance, and I hope you all will learn from it and form the habit of keeping record of your results.

Problem started when I came to my school for my B.sc clearance like others, and I found out that my department recorded 3.48 as my FCGPA.

Immediately, I became dead in shock, because I had calculated my GP myself even before coming for my clearance and I got 3.55.

Immediately, I suspended my clearance and typed my whole result starting from first year to final year with my Laptop, calculated it, printed it into two copies and submitted one to HOD (with letter of GP re-calculation) and another one to another Prof. Who happens to come from my village.

It was really a great battle. I was insulted, and was even told to leave office repeatedly.
But through the grace of God and the help of that Prof from my village, my result was reviewed, and it was discovered that the person that computed my GP made a grave mistake and recorded 129points for me in my final year instead of 139points which brought me to 2nd class lower.

Glory be to God that the error was detected and corrected and my deserved GP (3.55) was given to me.
Had it been that I didn't keep record of all my results, there wouldn't have been any strong evidence to back-up my case.
And the department is not ready to show you any result, I still wonder why .

So undergraduates, I advise you to keep record of your results incase of any error in GP computation, and also make friends with lecturers, so that if you have any problem, somebody will be there to speak for you.
my aunt is a lecturer in my school. but in different departmant and facaulty. i'm in Banking and finance, while she is in O.T.M. do i need to make friends with another lecturer?
Re: My Bitter Experience, Undergraduates "Keep Record Of All Your Results" by okooloyun1(m): 1:58pm On Feb 11, 2015
Tmex:
na the final year results dem dey take ruin person , since they wouldn't release it until you finally see it on your transcript
Very true bro, in some schools u will not see your 400/500Level result not until after you have graduated coz the same thing happened to my result. At d end of my 300L my CGPA was 3.48, on my transcript the CGPA is 3.48 is it that at d end of my 400L all d courses I did were not added because there should be a change(either it increases or decrease)
Re: My Bitter Experience, Undergraduates "Keep Record Of All Your Results" by SkinnyDude(m): 1:59pm On Feb 11, 2015
MrPresident1:
why did you finish with a meagre 3.55?
guy, congratulate him. must everyone graduate with first class?
Re: My Bitter Experience, Undergraduates "Keep Record Of All Your Results" by gogodaye(m): 2:22pm On Feb 11, 2015
Basic problems we find in a system that lacks or suffers from a dearth of supervisory mechanisms...and good report back systems....culminating in tardy record keeping and retrieval systems in all our public service institutions.
We have lot of folks engaged in tasks who are overwhelmed by the sheer volumes of paperwork they need to process within so short a period of time at break neck speed levels.......their ogas do not check the records they yank out.....and they exude anger at any request by some for a review....who is caught up at the other end by their act of inadvertence.....
Re: My Bitter Experience, Undergraduates "Keep Record Of All Your Results" by Tmex(m): 3:24pm On Feb 11, 2015
okooloyun1:
Very true bro, in some schools u will not see your 400/500Level result not until after you have graduated coz the same thing happened to my result. At d end of my 300L my CGPA was 3.48, on my transcript the CGPA is 3.48 is it that at d end of my 400L all d courses I did were not added because there should be a change(either it increases or decrease)
it could actually be coincidental to have ur cgpa look like its static,which according to that could mean that u Ve not put more effort and that your avérage points for 400 and 500 is 3.48 .Nonetheless most schools are in the habit of not releasing the final year results because they use it as an adjustment tool in order to regulate the classes of degree they will eventually give out
Re: My Bitter Experience, Undergraduates "Keep Record Of All Your Results" by ayodijex(m): 3:52pm On Feb 11, 2015
daxon001:
This balderdash doesn't happen in d premier uni wer I study
calm down bro,there are countless cases of result mistakes already.
Btw
Remember me??.
Re: My Bitter Experience, Undergraduates "Keep Record Of All Your Results" by daxon001(m): 3:56pm On Feb 11, 2015
ayodijex:

calm down bro,there are countless cases of result mistakes already.
Btw
Remember me??.
d only uni whose common name is just 2 letters
Re: My Bitter Experience, Undergraduates "Keep Record Of All Your Results" by ayodijex(m): 4:07pm On Feb 11, 2015
daxon001:

d only uni whose common name is just 2 letters
yes,i know you in chemistry na(not in person though),just asking if you remember me in our thread?..the so called 'gbagaun' guy
Re: My Bitter Experience, Undergraduates "Keep Record Of All Your Results" by daxon001(m): 4:28pm On Feb 11, 2015
ayodijex:

yes,i know you in chemistry na(not in person though),just asking if you remember me in our thread?..the so called 'gbagaun' guy
I'v bin reckonin dat ur monicker rings a bell myself,howfar na.It's bin a wyl tho.wat department?
Re: My Bitter Experience, Undergraduates "Keep Record Of All Your Results" by ayodijex(m): 4:44pm On Feb 11, 2015
daxon001:

I'v bin reckonin dat ur monicker rings a bell myself,howfar na.It's bin a wyl tho.wat department?
yeah,quite a while,as expected....in civil.
Re: My Bitter Experience, Undergraduates "Keep Record Of All Your Results" by Jasperwhizz(m): 5:36pm On Feb 11, 2015
[quote author=Ezegozie post=30614221]I will like to use this opportunity to share with you (especially the undergraduates), what I passed through last three weeks when I came for my clearance, and I hope you all will learn from it and form the habit of keeping record of your results.

Problem started when I came to my school for my B.sc clearance like others, and I found out that my department recorded 3.48 as my FCGPA.

Immediately, I became dead in shock, because I had calculated my GP myself even before coming for my clearance and I got 3.55.

Immediately, I suspended my clearance and typed my whole result starting from first year to final year with my Laptop, calculated it, printed it into two copies and submitted one to HOD (with letter of GP re-calculation) and another one to another Prof. Who happens to come from my village.

It was really a great battle. I was insulted, and was even told to leave office repeatedly.
But through the grace of God and the help of that Prof from my village, my result was reviewed, and it was discovered that the person that computed my GP made a grave mistake and recorded 129points for me in my final year instead of 139points which brought me to 2nd class lower.

Glory be to God that the error was detected and corrected and my deserved GP (3.55) was given to me.
Had it been that I didn't keep record of all my results, there wouldn't have been any strong evidence to back-up my case.

So undergraduates, I advise you to keep record of your results incase of any error in GP computation, and also make friends with lecturers, so that if you have any problem, somebody will be there to speak for you.[/quote
THANK GOD! I would try to Keep the records by GOD'S GRACE!
Re: My Bitter Experience, Undergraduates "Keep Record Of All Your Results" by Jasperwhizz(m): 5:39pm On Feb 11, 2015
Ezegozie:
I will like to use this opportunity to share with you (especially the undergraduates), what I passed through last three weeks when I came for my clearance, and I hope you all will learn from it and form the habit of keeping record of your results.

So undergraduates, I advise you to keep record of your results incase of any error in GP computation, and also make friends with lecturers, so that if you have any problem, somebody will be there to speak for you.
THANK GOD! I would try to keep the records by GOD'S GRACE AMEN.
Re: My Bitter Experience, Undergraduates "Keep Record Of All Your Results" by STENON(f): 5:58pm On Feb 11, 2015
Ezegozie:

something similar to this has happened to me in my 200 level, though I eventually missed the mtn scholarship because of this cgpa issue with my dept secretary. After applying for the mtn scholarship, a form was sent to my department to confirm my studentship status and cgpa. the secretary entered the CGPA of the next person after my matric number(3.10) for me instead of mine (4.71). it was late before I discovered. It was a bitter experience.
Re: My Bitter Experience, Undergraduates "Keep Record Of All Your Results" by obiak4(m): 6:10pm On Feb 11, 2015
[quote author=ubong560 post=30624335]

Dump the result?[/quote
yea why I used dump is because haven't used it to get a job I relied on my hands and brain!!!"""
if you want it come and get it !!"!!
Re: My Bitter Experience, Undergraduates "Keep Record Of All Your Results" by ubong560(m): 6:53pm On Feb 11, 2015
[quote author=obiak4 post=30638094][/quote]

If to say na another person name dey dia.
Re: My Bitter Experience, Undergraduates "Keep Record Of All Your Results" by Theultimate(m): 8:30pm On Feb 11, 2015
This must be what happened to my friend. We all expect him to have nothing less than 3.50 "but not.
Re: My Bitter Experience, Undergraduates "Keep Record Of All Your Results" by Ezegozie(m): 8:33pm On Feb 11, 2015
somebody asked me how to calculate FCGPA.

In my school, they use a very critical method contrary to the normal way students think is how they do it.

The method is this.

Summation of the total quality points of all your courses throughout the duration of your course divided by the summation of your credit unit.

Example.

If the total number of courses you do from year one to final year is 20 courses and they are all 2 credit units.

If you happen to score B in all the 20 courses, then you FCGPA will be.

FCGPA====160/40 = 4.00

So the persons GP will be 4.00 (2nd class upper).

So that method does not encourage approximation.

Like my own was
526/148 which gave
3.55 (2nd class upper)

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience, Undergraduates "Keep Record Of All Your Results" by Ezegozie(m): 8:44pm On Feb 11, 2015
i studied GEOLOGY in a reputable federal university.

For those that are saying getting GP that are not within the boundary.

Heaven knows that my target when I gained admission was to have first class.
But things dont always work out the way we think.

Geology department in my school are known to have very strict lecturers.

Like in our department, we were like 121 students. Out of these students. Only 51 names has come out for clearance.

And out of these 51 students.
15 second class uppers.
25 second class lowers and
12 third class students.

And we still have numerous carry over students waiting to serve which are likely to be our second batch.

You wont understand shaa. But Heaven knows that I am telling you guys the fact

This is the department you get first class once in a blue moon.
And the best graduating student in our set is not even first class.

So who no wan get 3.85, 4.21.
But you cant go more than your capacity.

And the last time I checked
4.49 na 2nd class upper.
3.50 na 2nd class upper.
Re: My Bitter Experience, Undergraduates "Keep Record Of All Your Results" by adezjamz(m): 11:25pm On Feb 11, 2015
solarview:

The mistake normally happen when inputting the figures. Remember ...garbage input... garbage output.
Regarding that, results are always uploaded in a section(raw score) 4 correction b4 confirmation.
Re: My Bitter Experience, Undergraduates "Keep Record Of All Your Results" by dljbd1(m): 9:48am On Feb 12, 2015
Your own better na. @least your sch knw say u b their student and dm get ur name for record.
I remember sometime in 300L during course registration. I approached my department to register course na so them talk say I no be their student. Shu! I nearly burn the school that day. Nobody tell them before them fine my record comot. lolz angry imagine...@ 300L
Re: My Bitter Experience, Undergraduates "Keep Record Of All Your Results" by roughdiamond(m): 10:57am On Feb 12, 2015
Ezegozie:

Make friends with my lecturer's? Hell no.Those people are too insultive&deceptive.Though it could be those in my school only sha.But i always know my right&defende.I remember a lady in my class that had 42&was later given 36 at time of computation.when she meet the HOD,he said she should rewrite it&nothing more even the lecturer too.I couldn't take it likely,took all of them to the management&they provided the result.But others in her boat rewrote the course.I so much hate Nigerian Lecturers,too wicked,pompous&greedy.some though
Re: My Bitter Experience, Undergraduates "Keep Record Of All Your Results" by MrPresident1: 11:44am On Feb 12, 2015
SkinnyDude:
guy, congratulate him. must everyone graduate with first class?

SkinnyDude, says I should congratulate the OP.

Ezegozie, congrats! grin
Re: My Bitter Experience, Undergraduates "Keep Record Of All Your Results" by MrPresident1: 11:48am On Feb 12, 2015
vonn:

Oga, what did you graduate with?...

Ask Google tongue

But you are fine sha cool
Re: My Bitter Experience, Undergraduates "Keep Record Of All Your Results" by MrPresident1: 11:49am On Feb 12, 2015
doubleDx:

2.1 for 9ja universities no easy bros!

Some departments na few Second Class Upper dem dey get as best result sef

My comfam Bros, I dey feel U jare.

I just felt the OP could have done better.

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience, Undergraduates "Keep Record Of All Your Results" by MrPresident1: 11:51am On Feb 12, 2015
Sigo86:

Mumu, does dat make d OP a dullard like u

I forgive you. Go and sin no more tongue
Re: My Bitter Experience, Undergraduates "Keep Record Of All Your Results" by MrPresident1: 11:52am On Feb 12, 2015
Dammysmart:
fool!

You lack breeding.
Re: My Bitter Experience, Undergraduates "Keep Record Of All Your Results" by Ezegozie(m): 12:44pm On Feb 12, 2015
Re: My Bitter Experience, Undergraduates "Keep Record Of All Your Results" by Ezegozie(m): 12:50pm On Feb 12, 2015
MrPresident1:

My comfam Bros, I dey feel U jare.

I just felt the OP could have done better.

My friend Shut Up! If you dont have anything meaningful to say and stop derailing my thread.

You spend your whole time in religion still you dont know what it means to rejoice and give glory to God with your friends.

#Bunch of Hypocrites.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Institute Of Management And Technology (imit)enugu Post Ume / Monica Osagie: I Can’t Get Justice From ICPC; They Think I’m Psychotic / Admission At Federal School Of Dental Technology And Therapy Enugu State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.