Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,064 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:41 AM

Who Has Been to London? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Who Has Been to London? (8628 Views)

So There Are Nigerians That Fly From Lagos To London Then To Abuja Than Direct? / Which Airlines Have The Cheapest Tickets From Lagos To London. / My Trip To London With Qatar Airlines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has Been to London? by Z4M4eva(f): 12:20am On Dec 23, 2005
Kokscity:

Loveth it is overrated,If you have to travel on Vacation, instead of London go to Mombasa Kenya or Malinde in Kenya. London is expensive as hell. I could not last more than 72hrs and i had planned to stay a week. Too many Nigerians in a small place that makes it feel just like Lagos with a touch of Abuja but with out the steroids Lagos has. Or do Spain instead if you want to travel.Even Cape Town SA Absolutely Gorgeous!!!!

True talk! cheesy, I mean the place sef is like oshodi market grin,you can't even hear yourself talk!so noisy!so crowded! rolleyes cheesy
Re: Who Has Been to London? by kellorah: 1:47am On Dec 24, 2005
it's gd enuf for most of the ppl dat live here or dat r frm here. cos most of dem have lived here all their lives without stepping out. it's not as if all the houses r small. u can find BIG houses..it just depends on where u check out. and yes..the houses r expensive. council helps ppl get house for free..or smtimes..they have to pay very lil rent. skls r free..even colleges ..i mean..those entitled to it. then when u r 19..u pay for ur college. it's not that bad shaa but if i had my way, i'd live in america. but i think it's safer here. well, i dunno. it depends on where in america or where in london u live. cos where i live,,@ least i know it's safer than most places. nigerians r in london...yes..but not really in north london where i live. there r loadz in south london. and i think there r more ghanians than nigerians here. it's a nice place shaa..it's just OK.nothin fantastic bout it. i still think the states is more fun than here. the highest ppl do here is go clubbing, smoke, go pubs, mug ppl, rape ppl..u knw...dat kind of thinh. u jst have to watch urself and train ur children properly dats all.
Re: Who Has Been to London? by dollygurl(f): 1:50am On Dec 24, 2005
well....nowhere is perfect but true talk..the njgas only adds colour to london.its always fun being arund..reminds me of home.
im ready to start counting the bad things bout it..lol!!!!

houses dey too small
house payment...very very expensive
too expensive shops??
inside london...just too crowdy with cars en all dat
too cold even in sumer..lol
dog en cat poo everywhere..lol
annoying pple...loads more...

there are also sm gud things too..
buff looking guyzzz..oh la la
freedom
dnt even bother to read..but u know the kind of parents u got en u must pass
nice pple
very nice meal variety
1 pound shop...lol
n9ja parties all nite...loads more

i miss n9ja so much..also wanna go sm where else,then can count all the list of things i hate when im fed up..lol..
Re: Who Has Been to London? by dollygurl(f): 1:54am On Dec 24, 2005
@kellorah
u very right tho...i just like messing about..i stay in far south...southeast..not too many n9jas but think they are swarming here like bees....depends on where u live actually and truthfully there are loads of nice things bout london but wld like to stay smwhere else better
Re: Who Has Been to London? by kellorah: 1:55am On Dec 24, 2005
hehehehe...dolly..true u talk shaa
but as i said b4...theyve got BIG houses also....depends on where u looks for them.
buff boys..abi?
£1 shop..omg..u funny but yeah..true talk b dat
i avnt been to a 9ja party yet. i want to but i dnt..incase i end up meetin rubbish ppl there
ehen..london is crowed cos it's a small place and all dem assylum seekers r all over the town..and erm..no offence shaa..all dem indian ppl don take over london. it's now their MOTHERLAND. theyve gt all d good jobs....etc
Re: Who Has Been to London? by kellorah: 1:56am On Dec 24, 2005
i think i'd love to live in the states. but wherever they can afford me.. *koff koff* u get mi
Re: Who Has Been to London? by nike4luv(f): 1:57am On Dec 24, 2005
ey we gat dat too..its poundland/poundworld, we 9jans sabi know de place abi?
Re: Who Has Been to London? by kellorah: 2:00am On Dec 24, 2005
LoL nike.
the one's near my area is pound stretcher etc
Re: Who Has Been to London? by nike4luv(f): 2:01am On Dec 24, 2005
ooh i know dat, it does stretch ur pounds, hehe, i like poundland, stuff that worth £5 outside, na one pound for there so, imagine how many people go there khai!!
Re: Who Has Been to London? by kellorah: 2:04am On Dec 24, 2005
well, shops like dat r gd for stuff like..JESUS/MARY candle..cos i got one for my mom frm there for mother's day Lol cos she's well RELIGIOUS
Re: Who Has Been to London? by hotangel2(f): 2:12am On Dec 24, 2005
Just like a dollar store. But I don't do it much.
Re: Who Has Been to London? by dollygurl(f): 2:23am On Dec 24, 2005
true oooo...asians has taken over london...they av the biggest houses and i dnt even know where they get their money from..lol......no offence..ve got idian/asian friends.they av all the poundland in my areas and all the shops..newsagent and stuffzzz...no offence again but if n9jas are not greedy will propably be on top too and add more shops to the ones we already av but im well interested in the connections weve..i mean in the US,with the artists,in UK and stuffz...guess we are going somewhere too...i brag to my frnds alot bout n9ja and guess they are like tried of hearing me speak..lol..im trying to make it recognised...wat irritates me most is that they show loads of crap places in n9ja/africa on Tv instead of showing the very gud ones we av.......

@kellorah...yea bare buff guys..lol
the ones u cnt trust...ah ah

poundshops....dnt really get much stuff there too...just bowls(i mean my mums kitchen stuffz),batteries,very cute small teddybears,pens and sm other small things....im more interested in clothes which they dnt sell and in bodyshops.get other exp. stuff like ones in a mnth tho..lol..how much is my allowance per wk .. ..greater than £1 but less than £2..lol.. grin
Re: Who Has Been to London? by hotangel2(f): 2:26am On Dec 24, 2005
dollygurl:

how much is my allowance per wk .. ..greater than £1 but less than £2..cheesy.. grin

buhahahahahahaha... Nice joke. cheesy cheesy My friend tells me that when she don't wanna spend her money.. cheesy
Re: Who Has Been to London? by Z4M4eva(f): 3:12pm On Dec 24, 2005
One thing I love about london is all dem fittys, All them fit boys, boiyyy!!!, why can't they be in Bournemouth? tongue cheesy
Re: Who Has Been to London? by kellorah: 8:03pm On Dec 24, 2005
ive gt loadz of dem buff boyz in ma college Lol.

ehen..has n e one watched SAHARA? sebi they said it was NIGERIA in dat film. c how bad ppl r...they jst went and filmed it in one kain african kontry like dat where i even doubt theyve gt electricity...callign it 9JA..i dnt blame dem. true..they keep showing rubbish places in 9ja, spoiling our gd name.
Re: Who Has Been to London? by Funmilola(f): 8:11pm On Dec 24, 2005
well i live in Lodon and its kind of lke lagos except it has some differences liike its got train stations in every toown centre, big shopping malls n its really nice especially at xmas.
Re: Who Has Been to London? by kellorah: 8:14pm On Dec 24, 2005
i'm in london and it DOESN'T feel like LAGOS to me.
it only does when i go into CHLOE'S (where they sell hair stuff) in BURNT OAK.
my area is filled with WHITE ppl. i hardly c BLACK ppl where i live. Even if i do c....they r hardly nigerians,mostly Ghanians and jamaicans
Re: Who Has Been to London? by chrisd(m): 7:28pm On Dec 30, 2005
yes houses very small. Cambridge is nice.
Re: Who Has Been to London? by chrisd(m): 7:29pm On Dec 30, 2005
Crime rate similar to South Africa Johannesburg
Re: Who Has Been to London? by princeonx: 7:34pm On Dec 30, 2005
Scorpio for real? I didn't know you can find almost everybody there! you should have told the U.S Marine this 4yrs ago instead of wasting time in Afghanistan and middle east looking for OBL!
Re: Who Has Been to London? by bedone(m): 11:39pm On Dec 30, 2005
there is something I like about london, it makes you feel close to home(naija). the enviroment is crowded however you still get the naija flavor in it, the music, clothings, shopping and gists. I love places like that. I represent for naija anytime. cool cool cool
Re: Who Has Been to London? by dablessed(f): 9:54pm On Jan 03, 2006
Osuofia is a better person to tell you about London cheesy
Re: Who Has Been to London? by Scorpio(f): 2:01am On Jan 05, 2006
prince_onx:

Scorpio for real? I didn't know you can find almost everybody there! you should have told the U.S Marine this 4yrs ago instead of wasting time in Afghanistan and middle east looking for OBL!
i did ei, but they didn't listen to me grin
Re: Who Has Been to London? by lioness(f): 12:09pm On Feb 08, 2006
Lived in the UK for awhile. I still hate the cold, it doesnt seem like lagos to me. Life isnt green pastures but it sure is comfortable. And you can be rest assured that the system will work. i have met some racist though but then again, who gives a dam abt them. I just do my stuff and mind my business.
I used to live at SE london. Almost every block had a nigerian. That neighbourhood was so nigerian that 9jia pple will still knock u up for a cup of cream... lol . It was fun cos we cld get together sometimes and speak pidgin english forever.
Now i live in a zone where there are barely any blacks let alone nigerians, but am still okay with it, cos its closer to my job. And thats another thing, if you really want to build a career here, you have to have some kind of UK recognised certificate and you'd be willing to move around alot. In five years my cousin moved three times just to get a good job. And yes, pple love shopping here.Sometimes i think thats all they ever do. Stuff are expensive too but you get good stuff sometimes.
By the way, Does any one know where i can get some real cheap stuff in london Clothes, shoes bed spreads etc. Am thinking of taking some for sale when i go visiting 9jia in easter
Re: Who Has Been to London? by nana(f): 3:27pm On Feb 08, 2006
Go to peckham or East street cheesy
Re: Who Has Been to London? by lioness(f): 3:34pm On Feb 08, 2006
smiley oh really! Never knew................. kool
Someone told me about woolwich. Said there was a whole street market of kool/cheap stuff. cheesy
Thanks nana. i'll check it out. wink
Re: Who Has Been to London? by Z4M4eva(f): 3:35pm On Feb 08, 2006
Yeah I go shopping at Peckham sometimes, it's nice
Re: Who Has Been to London? by nana(f): 3:41pm On Feb 08, 2006
Or try Lewisham and brixton.
Re: Who Has Been to London? by lioness(f): 3:51pm On Feb 08, 2006
smiley oh yeah girl, brixton is definitely my place. I got the koolest jean stuff at MADHOUSE at real cheap prices.
i'm lovin Broomley and 'em kool stuff grin grin

*i aint cheap o. I just love gettin my money's worth* grin
Re: Who Has Been to London? by nana(f): 3:51pm On Feb 08, 2006
I understand cheesy
Re: Who Has Been to London? by Rhodalyn(f): 7:01pm On Feb 22, 2006
london is a lovely place i've bn dere b4
Re: Who Has Been to London? by alj(m): 12:34am On Feb 24, 2006
i dont like London its the dirtiest city i ever seen in UK.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

25-yr-old Corps Member Arrested For Swindling Visa Applicants / About Goint To School With Visiting Visa In America / ???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.