Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,154 members, 7,815,024 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:18 AM

Who Has Been to London? - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Who Has Been to London? (8627 Views)

So There Are Nigerians That Fly From Lagos To London Then To Abuja Than Direct? / Which Airlines Have The Cheapest Tickets From Lagos To London. / My Trip To London With Qatar Airlines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has Been to London? by beyonce1(f): 2:45pm On May 08, 2006
@LoverBwoy

Thamessssssmeeeeead shocked   Don't even go there ! I was out there this w-end, yesterday 2 be precise and waoh ! I could not just not believe I was still in London Gosh! All the areas especially 'close' were full of 99% Blacks mostly Nigerians enjoying d Summer weather, hanging out by there cars or just strolling down. all the buildings were so so clusteredly built just like a TYPICAL Nigerian's big family house/ Compound  undecided
Re: Who Has Been to London? by LoverBwoy(m): 2:47pm On May 08, 2006
thats london for you plus

we can't run away from each can we  wink wink ara kon sa fun ara , u know now @ beyonce1  grin
Re: Who Has Been to London? by eveseh(f): 5:06pm On May 08, 2006
me one time,it was cool
Re: Who Has Been to London? by folkzy(f): 12:55am On Feb 02, 2007
I live in London. I mus say, ir's full of Nigerians. A only street could be full of Nigers. There is a street in Thamesmead , where all d even numbers r Nigerian own properties and they are all Yorubas lol
Re: Who Has Been to London? by Ndipe(m): 11:06am On Feb 02, 2007
London is among the world's most famous city and its standing in the 21st century is still unrivalled among other European countries. I flew into London in the 90's enroute to Naija, and to be frank, I wasnt sold on the city. Brown painted houses and their dreary weather are not exactly what would lure me into staying there permanently. And for those who might not know, London drivers drive on the left lane.
P/S: Naija people plenty for London, but their population pales in comparison to those of Indians.
Re: Who Has Been to London? by lioness(f): 10:20am On Feb 08, 2007
cool
Re: Who Has Been to London? by gem87(f): 11:25pm On Mar 05, 2007
Ndipe:

Brown painted houses and their dreary weather are not exactly what would lure me into staying there permanently. And for those who might not know, London drivers drive on the left lane.
P/S: Naija people plenty for London, but their population pales in comparison to those of Indians.

1st of all, d hses r not painted, it's all bricks

my family stay in london i hate d place dat's y i chose to go to uni in portsmouth, to stay away from niger ppl n their wahala still they're everywhere.
u leave naija thinking u're going 2 live in a white man's country, u end up meeting more blacks and naija pple 4 dat matter!!!
Re: Who Has Been to London? by Ndipe(m): 3:53am On Mar 06, 2007
I'd rather live in a place, teeming with Nigerians, than dwell in one that has few Nigerians. The more we are, the merrier it is. wink
Re: Who Has Been to London? by LoverBwoy(m): 1:34pm On Mar 06, 2007
Ndipe:

I'd rather live in a place, teeming with Nigerians, than dwell in one that has few Nigerians. The more we are, the merrier it is. wink

spot on wink

gem87:

1st of all, d hses r not painted, it's all bricks

my family stay in london i hate d place that's y i chose to go to uni in portsmouth, to stay away from niger people n their wahala still they're everywhere.
u leave naija thinking u're going 2 live in a white man's country, u end up meeting more blacks and naija people 4 that matter!!!

Erm what are you, are you running away from yourself grin
Re: Who Has Been to London? by babasin(m): 10:31pm On Mar 06, 2007
not really impressed.

If they could bring a little law and order to Lagos; there would be no difference between London and Lagos.

Also, I was disappointed; I could not see what they did with the colonial loots from Africa; the U-train were not reliable.

I was in tube from Liverpool str to Wemble and it was like riding in Molue from Lagos Island to Iyana Ipaja: standing, sweating and praying that it does not brake down in those dark-tunnels,

But I don't like the Cab Drivers' saying: Thanks Mate in their tick accent!
Re: Who Has Been to London? by OmoEko1(f): 10:40pm On Mar 06, 2007
babasin:

not really impressed.

If they could bring a little law and order to Lagos; there would be no difference between London and Lagos.

Also, I was disappointed; I could not see what they did with the colonial loots from Africa; the U-train were not reliable.

I was in tube from Liverpool str to Wemble and it was like riding in Molue from Lagos Island to Iyana Ipaja: standing, sweating and praying that it does not brake down in those dark-tunnels,

But I don't like the Cab Drivers' saying: Thanks Mate in their tick accent!
u damn right ja ra, i dislike that plz like hell.
i didn't even enjoy my vacation
i went there around summer 2002, that was the worst place ever, i don't see the difference btw London and Lagos
they don't have sense of fashion at all.
if am ever gonna go for vacation again am going to Dublin
Re: Who Has Been to London? by gbeborun(m): 11:03pm On Mar 06, 2007
Comparing Lagos and London to me sounds very crazy. If you dont like London, pls stay back in your Country. Nobody forced you lot to come over. Ppl complain about the cold, my brother just try Canada, then you'll cherish the english weather. As for Paris, it's beautiful no doubt, but language barrier for me, takes the shine of the place away.
Pls nobody shld bombard me with questions oh! Just saying my bit. Cheers mate!
Re: Who Has Been to London? by Badman888(m): 11:07pm On Mar 06, 2007
when people actually compare lagos to london, its basically with the amount of yoruba u hear, i havnt heard yoruba where i hv stayed in 9ja unlike London, And the weather in london is loveley it probably just rains abit. to sum it all the place sucks
Re: Who Has Been to London? by gbeborun(m): 11:16pm On Mar 06, 2007
Badman888:

when people actually compare lagos to london, its basically with the amount of yoruba u hear, i havnt heard yoruba where i hv stayed in Nigeria unlike London, And the weather in london is loveley it probably just rains abit. to sum it all the place sucks
yea yea, it sucks but londoners dont mind! you hear too much yoruba, no probs - it gives us a sense of belonging. Canada, OMG, boring as hell, even with the big cars and houses, wide roads etc. I no dig the place. The weather self na wa. Missed London like crazy when i visited Canada and was delighted when i left. to sum it all, London rocks!!
Re: Who Has Been to London? by Badman888(m): 11:18pm On Mar 06, 2007
was i insulting london now, who said canada is as boring as hell, ehh ehh if u like London fine ok this is not a thread for canada. Most of people that liked London is because they live there
Re: Who Has Been to London? by gbeborun(m): 11:21pm On Mar 06, 2007
Badman888:

was i insulting london now, who said canada is as boring as hell, ehh ehh if u like London fine ok this is not a thread for canada. Most of people that liked London is because they live there
Sorry bro, no disrespect. Very sorry
Re: Who Has Been to London? by Badman888(m): 11:25pm On Mar 06, 2007
am not veksing oo lol, at least u guys got chance to watch premiership and football around thumbs up 4 that one wink
Re: Who Has Been to London? by LoverBwoy(m): 11:26am On Mar 07, 2007
who said canada is not boring  shocked

canada is like cornwall isle of wight grin
Re: Who Has Been to London? by gem87(f): 9:55pm On Mar 08, 2007
i love isle of wight! it's kinda hard not to, lol considering i stay in portsmouth
Re: Who Has Been to London? by ikorodu(m): 4:45pm On Dec 27, 2007
does not have to be london.
Rest assured you are less likely to be shot by a wannabe gangster who thinks he is a crip or blood rapper
Re: Who Has Been to London? by Dantecmu(m): 11:13pm On Dec 27, 2007
i think ur crew determines how far u can actually enjoy an enviroment if u got no crew in da US n u gat some nice crew in da desert u would prefer em desert to yankee.

ciao
Re: Who Has Been to London? by dremoney(m): 11:57pm On Dec 27, 2007
Uk as a country brings out the best in you, Its a level playing field for career growth compared to Nigeria.

No matter ow bad it is here, you'll still survive, If you're good at something,ur chances of utilising the potentials is very high.

Houses? though small, still nice depends on ur kindda aparty.

I like d place sha, very organised, advanced and orientating.

no place like home sha o
Re: Who Has Been to London? by mystikal(m): 3:38pm On Jan 27, 2008
i doesnt have 2 be london, try kent reminds you of peace
Re: Who Has Been to London? by amsky(m): 4:11pm On Jan 27, 2008
raising kids out here in london is not the best i must say,but most times you really cannot help it. was in slough for a bit.i thoroughly enjoyed my time there.

there is work to do out here in London,so,we have to stay put. sad
Re: Who Has Been to London? by amsky(m): 4:16pm On Jan 27, 2008
talking about Nigerians here, i sometimes feel like i'm in Lagos.the yoruba i heard in thorntonheath made me wonder if i was in western Nigeria. During summer/winter sales shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked.you'll find them everywhere-clarks,m&s, ikea,,
Re: Who Has Been to London? by anusule(m): 10:53pm On Jan 27, 2008
amsky:

talking about Nigerians here, i sometimes feel like i'm in Lagos.the yoruba i heard in thorntonheath made me wonder if i was in western Nigeria. During summer/winter sales shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked.you'll find them everywhere-clarks,m&s, ikea,,

lmao, nigerians and sales. especially next clearance,
Re: Who Has Been to London? by tipsy289(m): 6:40am On Jan 28, 2008
the last time i went to london was 2002, but its pretty good there.much better than lagos seun.i cant remember too much and i stayed in Victoria,i dont remember seeing or jamming any nigerian in that area.and notting hill carnival yeah it ROCKS!!!!.If u still want naija to be close to u and ur outside nigeria,London is where to be.dont come to Canada,well Ottawa if naija dey ur mind all the time(i mean friends,food,e.t.c)
Re: Who Has Been to London? by tipsy289(m): 6:46am On Jan 28, 2008
@ loverbwoy
canada is not borin it depends on the crowd ur with, its like me saying london is boring, u might not know many nigerians there and u came for hols.
Re: Who Has Been to London? by chyk91(m): 2:11am On Dec 12, 2008
i have been to london, nothing much there, but they have good tourist attraction like madame tussauds, big ben,london eye, the museum, the dungeon. yea small roads, cars parked mainly on the roads, small houses and the most annoying part to me; too many blacks especially nigerians and ghanians. somalians are also increasing. please stop comparing london to lagos because i cant remember seeing potholes on their roads and i cant recollect and power outage like lagos and nigeria generally.
Re: Who Has Been to London? by MrImole: 1:32am On Nov 02, 2016
Seun:
I'm yet to go to Togo, not to talk of London. I hear that there's nothing spectacular about the city, that it's just like Lagos. And the houses you can get are very small, too, right?

What about now?

Have you now been to London?

1 Like

Re: Who Has Been to London? by castiello(m): 7:24am On Nov 02, 2016
Was there for 3weeks London is cool but very boring and expensive to leave but no matter how boring it may look you can't compare with any African country that u can go out in the morning and not come back because the list of things below might kill u

Police fit shoot u say accidental discharge
Danfo fit jam u cos of rough driving
Ritualist fit kidnap u use your head do money
Rain fit fall carry but u are ur motto go bad drainage

Boko boys fit hug you with sucide bomb
Fulani fit invade ur area and cut ur head
Army fit catch u beat u to death
You fit chop mama caro food die of cholera
Please add yours

So please don't compare Nigeria with London

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

25-yr-old Corps Member Arrested For Swindling Visa Applicants / About Goint To School With Visiting Visa In America / ???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.