Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,124 members, 7,814,941 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:37 AM

Who Has Been to London? - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Who Has Been to London? (8626 Views)

So There Are Nigerians That Fly From Lagos To London Then To Abuja Than Direct? / Which Airlines Have The Cheapest Tickets From Lagos To London. / My Trip To London With Qatar Airlines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has Been to London? by blackky100(m): 9:44am On Mar 15, 2006
I HAVE BEEN THERE AND THERE IS NOTHING SO FANTASTIC ABOUT LONDON. LONDON IS AN OLD CITY, PARIS IS MORE BEATIFUL. BUT THINGS ARE WELL ORGANISED THERE, U CAN MOVE AROUND WITHOUT UR OWN CAR. WITH A BUS OF TRAIN TICKET OF 3 AND 4 POUNDS YOU ARE DONE FOR THE DAY. LONDON IS VERY SECURITY CONSCIOUS NOW EXPECIALLY AFTER THAT BOMBING. YOU SPEND HOUR AT HETHROW BEFORE BOADING ALL IN THE NAME SECURITY CHECKING.

ALL THE SAME THE PLACE IS CLEAN
Re: Who Has Been to London? by Badman888(m): 6:06am On Mar 17, 2006
There is nothing really too much about London, old buildings small houses stuffs like that, still prefer CANADA, But you hear Yoruba in every bus you enter or pidgeon along the road the number of nigerians there make u feel as if u havnt left nigeria.
Re: Who Has Been to London? by Hunter(m): 5:52am On Mar 18, 2006
I don't know about you guy's but I don't go to other countries to spot out things the same as where I live, kinda pointless I think

Eg, When I was in Paris I didn't go looking for an Australian restruant (though I did see one lol)
Re: Who Has Been to London? by bunkbobo: 10:55am On Mar 18, 2006
London london london - My adopted home, second/next to my beloved village in far away Nigeria .
The Rainbow City kiss
Be you white, black, red, green, yellow , pink, brown or green no one stirs at you because of your colour.
There is every city and its people in London.
There is no City in the world as London. cool
Crowded/congested yes
Costly/expensive  yes
Narrow roads yes
Swinging parties-yes
Zero tolerance Policy- yes
Gothic architecture-yes
Old traditions preserved-yes
Fish and chips - yes
Fashion trends -yes 
Bills bills bills- yes
The postman and letters everyday- yes
The talk about weather in every conversation- yes
Plastic Smiling faces of Londoneers-yes
Stone faced commuters in trains and buses-yes
Fain Politeness of strangers addressing you as : Darlin, sweety, Loving etcetera- Yes
Binge drinking on weekends- ''one pint of lager and a pack of crisps''- Yes
Shopping shopping everywhere- yes
Dream land of every one- yes
Trains and ''minding the gaps between the train and the platform''
The double decker red london buses- yes
The passion for football/soccer -Chelsea , Arsenal, etcetera -yes cool
The london beautiful accent- yes
The beauty of london is the diversity, Stress and  Peace and Warmth london gives every one .
London reminds me of the story of Eko[lagos/nigeria] of the 60'S kiss
When you come here, you can't ever forget the london in you
Still want to visit London

Very much like sleeping under the bridge  in Ojuelegba, Yaba or CMS in Lagos grin

Re: Who Has Been to London? by bunkbobo: 11:22am On Mar 18, 2006
Big Ben,

Re: Who Has Been to London? by bunkbobo: 11:23am On Mar 18, 2006
Trafalgar Square

Re: Who Has Been to London? by bunkbobo: 11:25am On Mar 18, 2006
Night time in London
Looking at River Thames but I call it ''Stream Thames'' compared to our Rivers in Nigeria grin

Re: Who Has Been to London? by Hunter(m): 11:44am On Mar 18, 2006
Here's some of my favourite pictures I took while in the UK :-)

http://www.syncerror.com/photos/henge.jpg Stone Henge
http://www.syncerror.com/photos/DSC_0063.jpg Some Flowers near Buckingham palace
http://www.syncerror.com/photos/DSC_0109.jpg A garden at Hampton court (my favourite picture I've taken in a long time)
Re: Who Has Been to London? by bunkbobo: 11:52am On Mar 18, 2006
Hunter:

Here's some of my favourite pictures I took while in the UK :-)

http://www.syncerror.com/photos/henge.jpg Stone Henge
http://www.syncerror.com/photos/DSC_0063.jpg Some Flowers near Buckingham palace
http://www.syncerror.com/photos/DSC_0109.jpg A garden at Hampton court (my favourite picture I've taken in a long time)

This a glorious work of arts, just Splendid!
That is London for you!
Re: Who Has Been to London? by alj(m): 12:28pm On Mar 18, 2006
@ bunkbobo , you are an excellent photographer , and may i suggest if you ever get the chance to go to Scotland take it Edinburgh is the most beautiful city i have ever seen it blows smelly London away

it is cleaner , greener and the people are much friendlier

Re: Who Has Been to London? by Rhodalyn(f): 11:46pm On Mar 18, 2006
alj:

i don't like London its the dirtiest city i ever seen in UK.
you're right, london is dirty
Re: Who Has Been to London? by Badman888(m): 11:47pm On Mar 18, 2006
telephone boots and places around the street smell like urine
Re: Who Has Been to London? by OldGlory1(m): 8:02am On Mar 19, 2006
Can someone please recommend a hotel,club or party in and around the central London district? I arrive on Friday the 24th of March and leave on sunday the 26th of March. I need ideas of the places in the Party district to hit. Nigerian, African, Jamican, Tech-no,Hip-hop,concerts,comedy clubs ETC. I want to make the best out of the trip, and i will love some ideas.

Thanks
Re: Who Has Been to London? by LoverBwoy(m): 4:06pm On Mar 19, 2006
why are people complaning about london, the city is small and definately most wanted!!! the population is very high i don't think anyone can afford to build their own house except after looting like our ministers

their architecture is unique thats why u don't see fancifl house and damn u can't just paint your house any colour u like or build it anyway u like u have to go through long processes with the council, i think most house are very similar not too over the top which i think is irritating to nigerians, We like big bold NOTICE-ME COLOURS N STYLES

ITS just a city in uk so try elsewhere if u want to but trust me no where else in the Uk is like london, manchester errr second london, birmingham just tryin too much pakistanis n indians,

some people mentioned london is COLD, errr duuuuuuuuuuuuuuh what were u expecting?
before u travel u should do research of where u are going
Nigerian tourist don't go for just for sightseeing they go for party and family,thats if they don't spend everyday complaining about the cold, my uncle came for 4days  undecided

nigerian clubs, Meantime,Nytce,Moonlighting etc<< played out fake big boys
try south london for clubs
Re: Who Has Been to London? by gem87(f): 2:50am On Apr 07, 2006
I live in London
overcrowded, high standard of living
nice shops and tourist sports
so many theatres
fun well neutral, prefer naija sha
weather sucks
best place for equal opportunities esp, race
multicultural diversity
black capital frm african to carribean
good transport system, although costly
lots of stuff sha
post some more later
Re: Who Has Been to London? by angelu(f): 12:30pm On Apr 15, 2006
well london is not bad. its cold as heck though! but blacks rock the place men!but the streets are way too narrow. and sum of the houses are not big. but in summary the place is nice. Its a good tourist site grin
Re: Who Has Been to London? by Badman888(m): 8:04pm On Apr 15, 2006
if you leave canada to london in the winter u feel warm when u get there big time
Re: Who Has Been to London? by Hotstepper(f): 10:59pm On Apr 15, 2006
@Badman888 , here u r is cold datz why u r saying that. Toronto is kinda a same weather as london esp. diz year that we did not experience winter tongue
Re: Who Has Been to London? by Badman888(m): 11:09pm On Apr 15, 2006
Ok hotstepper some parts of canada cheesy cheesy cheesy, The roads in london are tiny.
Re: Who Has Been to London? by Hotstepper(f): 5:04pm On Apr 16, 2006
yes raods are tiny and houses, still go with ma canada tongue
Re: Who Has Been to London? by LoverBwoy(m): 1:49am On Apr 17, 2006
Still the most visited city in the world wink

with a population of 7.3 million inhabiting an area around 174 sq km,

every little space counts grin
Re: Who Has Been to London? by Vieira(m): 2:10pm On Apr 18, 2006
I love London!

It is congested but it just means that is also full of life.

It is expensive, actually the 2nd/3rd most expensive in the world but that ia always the case when there are too many people and demand is high.

Houses on the general are very small due to lack of space and also very very expensive.

London is very multicultural and there is a person from every country in the world in it!

The Westend never sleeps and is bubbling 24 hours a day.

Now people are saying dirty?? This I do not understand, what part? I personally don't think so. It is not as clean as Paris but Paris case na overdo!

But the UK as a whole as other cities that may appeal to other people. I personally love Glasgow as well. Oxford for me was too University oriented, the whole town is like one big Campus.

Funny story about London: A friend who just arrived and was staying with me, asked me how to get about town. I told him to buy a travelcard for the day and this will allow him to enter bus and train to anywhere.

Maybe I made a mistake when explaining to him and did not clarify Bus and Train properly becuase na so my friend call Black cab and enter am, after getting where he is going and the Taxi Driver wanted his money he showed him his travelcard!!!

Come see yawa! I had to go an bail him out o!
Re: Who Has Been to London? by madam: 4:26pm On Apr 18, 2006
Vieira:

Funny story about London: A friend who just arrived and was staying with me, asked me how to get about town. I told him to buy a travelcard for the day and this will allow him to enter bus and train to anywhere.

Maybe I made a mistake when explaining to him and did not clarify Bus and Train properly becuase na so my friend call Black cab and enter am, after getting where he is going and the Taxi Driver wanted his money he showed him his travelcard!!!

Come see yawa! I had to go an bail him out o!

Yeah real funny story- Travelcard 4 black cab ke!
Re: Who Has Been to London? by Badman888(m): 1:28am On Apr 19, 2006
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy he showed his travel card to the driver am sure the guy would have been pissed
Re: Who Has Been to London? by lioness(f): 1:40pm On Apr 19, 2006
grin grin esp. if the cab driver is white grin grin
Re: Who Has Been to London? by kellorah: 3:01pm On Apr 25, 2006
omg, dat's real funny ting. did it happen for real?? hahahahahahahahahahaha
Re: Who Has Been to London? by exu(m): 4:46pm On Apr 25, 2006
Like a lot of people have said there are plenty of places to visit in the U.K besides London.

Bath, Cambridge, Oxford and Edinburgh are all nice cities that aren't as expensive, or congested.

However if you're really into your art and your museums then London is a must, best in the world.

As for shopping, the U.K really is a rip-off. Go to the states if all you want to do is shop.
Re: Who Has Been to London? by kimba(m): 8:04am On Apr 27, 2006
London is another Nigeria,

anyone that goes to London and begins to gan-pa has not even started going abroad, to me grin grin
Re: Who Has Been to London? by lioness(f): 9:14am On Apr 27, 2006
i guess iraq is the place to be,,,,,,, to you undecided grin
Re: Who Has Been to London? by beyonce1(f): 5:44am On May 07, 2006
@BOKUNBOBO :--- Thumbs up for you  'Your list is sooo[b] Londonical'[/b] grin

Brixton is a very scary place to me  shocked reminds me of Oshodi !
Peckham is just too noisy full of lousy Nigerians !

The west end is always bubbly at nites u'd wish u could be there 24/7, if u've got your cash 2 spend  wink
Re: Who Has Been to London? by LoverBwoy(m): 1:59pm On May 08, 2006
beyonce1:

@BOKUNBOBO :--- Thumbs up for you 'Your list is sooo[b] Londonical'[/b] grin

Brixton is a very scary place to me shocked reminds me of Oshodi !
Peckham is just too noisy full of lousy Nigerians
!

The west end is always bubbly at nites u'd wish u could be there 24/7, if u've got your cash 2 spend wink

thats why i love Nigerians

A nigeria thinking nigerians are lousy,hmmmm then they move to white neighbourhood

the white man, hmmm bloody hell these lousy black muthaf**Ker cant just stay with their own people!

other nigerians now move into white neighbourhood to get away from the lousy nigerians

after 5years the white neighbourhood now becomes another lousy area like peckham.

Thamesmead scenario 4 u
Re: Who Has Been to London? by Vieira(m): 2:06pm On May 08, 2006
That scenario is now happeneing to Essex! I'll have to move again soon.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

??? / 25-yr-old Corps Member Arrested For Swindling Visa Applicants / About Goint To School With Visiting Visa In America

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.