Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,944 members, 7,817,769 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:11 PM

CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record (24339 Views)

1984 Photo Of Buhari About Bread Surfaces Online / Full Transcript Of President Buhari's Latest CNN Interview / CNN Interview ; Again, Buhari Goofed.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by ramalot(m): 8:17pm On Feb 12, 2015
mikeansy:
Buhari is missing the point! No matter the system a leader is judged by the choices they make in office. So yes Buhari's 1984 record is an indication of what he will do now.

But it is clear for all to see that even Buhari is not proud of Buhari's records in 1984 and yet this man does not have the courage to say sorry to Nigerians!

EXACTLY!

3 Likes

Re: CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by kent79: 8:22pm On Feb 12, 2015
The evil done by pple always follow them

3 Likes

Re: CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by JustCalMeDBoss(m): 8:22pm On Feb 12, 2015
If you can not show me your plans for the future then I have every right to judge U by ur past.

4 Likes

Re: CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by Nobody: 8:23pm On Feb 12, 2015
hedonistic:
Very disingenuous talk. You don't want to be judged by your negative 1984 record, yet the ONLY so-called selling point of your presidential ambition is your 1984 perception of "integrity" and "incorruptibility"!

If you want us to remember you for your so-called incorruptible stance in 1984, why should we not also remember you for the undoubted tyranny and sadism you displayed in the same 1984? You can't pick and choose for us.

You want us to remember only what makes you marketable and forget the things that make you unmarketable! What a shameless hypocrite!
Even so...he has been endorsed by OBJ...and he's campaigning against corruption and wants to instill "change" into the nation... Wasn't Obasanjo a corrupt president? How come his endorsement will win him more votes? Why would his endorsement convince us? When we know that Obasanjo is corrupt!

2 Likes

Re: CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by emonye6(m): 8:25pm On Feb 12, 2015
Vote for buhari 2015 as EFCC chairman,corruption must be killed,b4 it kill us o

3 Likes

Re: CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by Popemax(m): 8:26pm On Feb 12, 2015
azimibraun:
Buhari you are on point jare... morons are never going to understand you.
you're managing his cow in d village

1 Like

Re: CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by harsay(m): 8:28pm On Feb 12, 2015
mikeansy:
Buhari is missing the point! No matter the system a leader is judged by the choices they make in office. So yes Buhari's 1984 record is an indication of what he will do now.
that's just one thing have always believe in. "change is the constant thing in life"and u can't judged a man by its past.
and if the option they choose then were not taking I believe nigeria wouldn't have survive this long. Cos their administration then create fear and it didn't allow people to behave astray or anyhow. do u all think people he judged then and those that lost their life's are as much as people that bad administration that create boko haram have killed? I suggest we give him a chance.

But it is clear for all to see that even Buhari is not proud of Buhari's records in 1984 and yet this man does not have the courage to say sorry to Nigerians!

3 Likes

Re: CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by PapiWata: 8:28pm On Feb 12, 2015
emonye6:
Vote for buhari 2015 as EFCC chairman,corruption must be killed,b4 it kill us o

Boko Hari cannot become Seriki of his village and also chairman of anything else, so it is best he stays in Buhari Village, Chad Republic, from 2015 until the rest of all time has elapsed.

3 Likes

Re: CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by delpee(f): 8:28pm On Feb 12, 2015
Watching him being interviewed by a young team of panelists on ebonylife TV now and enjoying it!

1 Like

Re: CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by Popemax(m): 8:30pm On Feb 12, 2015
Poddy:
All is well sir
all is not well.....he feels he owns this great nation...bt he will fail again

2 Likes

Re: CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by solarview(m): 8:38pm On Feb 12, 2015
Aw

3 Likes

Re: CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by dunkem21(m): 8:42pm On Feb 12, 2015
ellechrystal:
Truth b told, some ppl hate to b criticised, but love to criticize n condemn others, smh..

What else can I say ..You have said it all.

If we decide to judge him by his certificate, he will refer us to 1983. If we check his activities in 1983, he will tell us to forget it.

Let him tell us where to judge him from because he has been judging GEJ based on his past performances.

4 Likes

Re: CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by psalmsjob: 8:42pm On Feb 12, 2015
mikeansy:

The fuel subsidy removal is the harshest policy ever! Let GEJonathan apologize for that singular action that has kept many in abject poverty since and uptil now.

What GMbuhari was alluding to is that the circumstances compelled him to take those actions then and that is the hallmark of a true leader; he has to be proactive.

You just raised our point really ie. Cluelessness cannot continue in Aso Rock because the selfishness and corruption of GEJonathan in 6 years is what he'll continue if not worst if we make the mistake of re-electing him and his economic team of stealing is not corruption ( We understand their Transformation Agenda better now).

#WeWantChange #VoteForBuhari #VoteForChange #VoteForNigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by Nobody: 8:44pm On Feb 12, 2015
Then I guess we should not judge the president by his past as well. This is ridiculous, so what should we judge him by? his future? If you live in a glasshouse, don't throw stones

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by solarview(m): 8:46pm On Feb 12, 2015
A

Re: CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by Chienex24(m): 8:47pm On Feb 12, 2015
azimibraun:
Buhari you are on point jare... morons are never going to understand you.

What is this one saying?

3 Likes

Re: CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by Nobody: 8:48pm On Feb 12, 2015
tellmoon:
So many pple missing the General's point. All he is saying is, pple who are shouting to high heavens that his decisions had no recourse to the constitution are not being fair in their jiudgement. As a military administrator, u can not work with the constitution which is civil. It does not however implies that he would embark on the same track of suspending the constitution under a civilian administration.

Na you get time to dey explain to block heads
Re: CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by solarview(m): 8:50pm On Feb 12, 2015
##

2 Likes

Re: CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by TalkItAll: 8:51pm On Feb 12, 2015
[/quote]
“All those things you mentioned were
done under military administration; if
we did not suspend the constitution
then, it would have been difficult for us
to operate under those circumstances.
So I do not think I should be judged as
an individual for those things that
happened then.” - #Buhari1984 [/quote]

How can u not be judged for those things that happened then, when u were the leader. So who should take the responsibility for ur actions, ehn, general? If as a leader u can't take responsibility for ur actions then it means u should go back to ur parlor in ur house in Daura, spread ur mat, sit on it in silence, then contemplate with hands on ur chin whether ur ready to start taking responsibility for ur actions as a leader. After that, come back in 2019, who knows I might consider voting for u then, if I see any TRANSFORMATIONs in u. While ur at it, consider attending one of those almajiri schools where u will be taught how to take responsibility for ur actions.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by solarview(m): 8:52pm On Feb 12, 2015
@1

4 Likes

Re: CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by PapiWata: 8:55pm On Feb 12, 2015
Chai ! See how Boko Hari dey face that pit, to see where he go fit pick the kindergarten diploma wey dem say make he go bring come.

2 Likes

Re: CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by Chienex24(m): 8:56pm On Feb 12, 2015
tellmoon:
So many pple missing the General's point. All he is saying is, pple who are shouting to high heavens that his decisions had no recourse to the constitution are not being fair in their jiudgement. As a military administrator, u can not work with the constitution which is civil. It does not however implies that he would embark on the same track of suspending the constitution under a civilian administration.

You and your General are high on J.anj.aweed!
How did he become a military administrator? Was it not through a coup against a civilian govt?
E-warriors without common sense!
Find sense pls

4 Likes

Re: CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by adenine02: 8:56pm On Feb 12, 2015
Ikengawo:
LMFAO.

So he annuls the constitutions and announces he was jailing and killing journalists because there was no constitution?
[img]http://media./media/G1Zu26ae7mZr2/giphy.gif[/img]
small brain
Re: CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by adenine02: 8:57pm On Feb 12, 2015
jacksparrow1207:
[size=26pt]THE EVIL THAT MEN DO, LIVE WITH THEM AND EVEN AFTER THEM
LIVE WITH IT MR DICTATOR
[/size]

1 Like

Re: CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by billyG(m): 8:57pm On Feb 12, 2015
D events happen 30yrs ago,time has heal nigerians,he is now a democrat,afterall other paste head of states,presidents did worst & hav worst human right records,after all politicians of today are still dehumanizing the poor masses,he is considerate he did exercute corrupt politicians(vampires) that stole our common wealth like JJ Rawlings did in ghana,ghana was ever grateful 2 rawlings d messiah& that is why ghana is better than nigeria today.
Re: CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by solarview(m): 8:58pm On Feb 12, 2015
Z

2 Likes

Re: CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by billyG(m): 9:00pm On Feb 12, 2015
adenine02:

small brain
Dnt listen 2 all u hear verify facts,he ddnt kill journalists,he didnt jail journalist d law existing @ that time did.
Re: CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by anwo247: 9:05pm On Feb 12, 2015
mikeansy:

My brother God will bless you. Was OBJ not milatary head of state? Was Gowon not military head of state? What about Muritala Muhammed? IBB He (Buhari) is wicked man and that is it. So based on what record does he want us to judge him? 2015 to 2019 record? Very daft to the marrow.

2 Likes

Re: CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by Tonylyte(m): 9:05pm On Feb 12, 2015
jaysniggs:

Has GEJ said sorry to LSL?
Has he said sorry for comparing the Yoruba leaders to motor park touts?
Has GEJ come out to take full responsibility of boko haram even though it became a menance under his nose?
Has this man apologised for telling Nigerians he didn't give a damn about declaring his assets even though he illegally acquired them from the pockets of the Nigerian government.
What has he done to bring back the abducted girls? I'm sure you won't be thinking like this if it were to be your niece or sister I hope not.
So before you start pointing fingers at someone look within yourself first.
Na wao! What is this clown saying?

2 Likes

Re: CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by solarview(m): 9:07pm On Feb 12, 2015
Qa

1 Like

Re: CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by TalkItAll: 9:08pm On Feb 12, 2015
jaysniggs:

"So before you start pointing fingers at someone look within yourself first".

it appears apc have not looked within themselves properly before they started pointing fingers?

2 Likes

Re: CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by Nobody: 9:11pm On Feb 12, 2015
tellmoon:
All he is saying is, As a military administrator, u can not work with the constitution which is civil.
Hehehehehe.... You mean...he never wanted a civil society? And now he wants to lead a civilized society!
It does not however implies that he
would embark on the same track of suspending the
constitution under a civilian administration.
It does mean that...he shouldn't embark on the same track of suspending the constitution under this civilized administration! Which he fought against!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Amaechi Sues Felix Obuah, Rivers PDP Chairman / Raymond Dokpesi Congratulates Uche Secondus, Thanks Delegates / #EndSARS Protesters Lock Down Osogbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.