Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,938 members, 7,817,747 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:30 PM

CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record (24338 Views)

1984 Photo Of Buhari About Bread Surfaces Online / Full Transcript Of President Buhari's Latest CNN Interview / CNN Interview ; Again, Buhari Goofed.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by seedorfg(m): 7:51pm On Feb 12, 2015
what is cnn
Re: CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by dont8(m): 7:52pm On Feb 12, 2015
tellmoon:
So many pple missing the General's point. All he is saying is, pple who are shouting to high heavens that his decisions had no recourse to the constitution are not being fair in their jiudgement. As a military administrator, u can not work with the constitution which is civil. It does not however implies that he would embark on the same track of suspending the constitution under a civilian administration.
You cannot say it any better, people have problem comprehending. Watching the one he granted Al-Jazeera, he said he doesn't have any regret with his actions as Head of State because those things were necessary to be done then, especially the illicit drugs people were bringing in.
Re: CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by undefeated(m): 7:53pm On Feb 12, 2015
Records are kept Nt to show The weakness of our memory But a tool to forecast The future. And Buhari's records is not ideal for our modem day world, how dear u tell us to forget ur past n judge u with what na

5 Likes

Re: CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by M4gunners: 7:53pm On Feb 12, 2015
onagoodday1:
CHAI...THE RUG HAS BEEN PULLED UNDER THE FRAIL ELDERLY GENERAL,EVEN HIS E-RATS ON NAIRALAND ARE LOSING HOPE
For sure, but find it difficult to admit it.

1 Like

Re: CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by qadeerkug(m): 7:53pm On Feb 12, 2015
GoodBoi1:
Dude
even goat will not call dis man dude lack ov respect""clueless ugly fool
Re: CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by Nobody: 7:54pm On Feb 12, 2015
imoleay0:
Let there be fairness!
Then, let's judge him by his 2003, 2007 and 2011 records.

Abi o

3 Likes

Re: CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by potentials: 7:54pm On Feb 12, 2015
Hu gave aboki mobile phone? Hu even thought him how to operate it?

2 Likes

Re: CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by Meti99(m): 7:55pm On Feb 12, 2015
[quote
author=hedonistic post=30665400]Very disingenuous talk. You don't want
to be judged by your negative 1984 record, yet the ONLY
so-called selling point of your presidential ambition is your 1984
perception of "integrity" and "incorruptibility"!

If you want us to remember you for your so-called incorruptible stance
in 1984, why should we not also remember you for the undoubted tyranny
and sadism you displayed in the same 1984? You can't pick and choose for
us.

You want us to remember only what makes you marketable and forget the
things that make you unmarketable! What a shameless hypocrite! [/quote]

Gbamm!!!

Burr
guy you wicked o.
Re: CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by manny4life(m): 7:55pm On Feb 12, 2015
qadeerkug:
even goat will not call dis man dude lack ov respect""clueless ugly fool

You say respect? You know respect is reciprocal... I have seen your kind call GEJ clueless among other names.... Anyway, back to the topic.

4 Likes

Re: CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by Poddy(m): 7:55pm On Feb 12, 2015
All is well sir
Re: CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by manny4life(m): 7:56pm On Feb 12, 2015
@OP, if Buhari doesn't want to be judged, he needs to admit his mistakes of the past and present hope for the future. You cannot use your actions of yesterday to present your case today but don't want to be judged on the outcomes from yesterday. You can't eat your cake and have it back.

2 Likes

Re: CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by PapiWata: 7:58pm On Feb 12, 2015
Boko Hari is a LIFETIME foe of freedom, a murderer of democracy, an organizer of genocide, but above all, a sniveling coward, so pathologically desperate to RULE, yet studiously avoiding a public debate against his highly articulate opponent, even as the countdown to election day commences.

There is NO back door to presidential power open for any scheming pretender like Bokko Hari to sneak in without having tendered even the most basic academic credentials, and without having bothered to honor any of SEVERAL invitations for a pre-election televised debate before the electorate.

For regarding the Nigerian voting population, and the electoral commission's constitutionally mandated qualifying requirements with such open contempt, Bokko Hari will, as always, be served up another steaming hot plate piled TALL with abject, humiliating defeat, per his assured fate.

5 Likes

Re: CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by Hallmark08(m): 7:59pm On Feb 12, 2015
tellmoon:
So many pple missing the General's point. All he is saying is, pple who are shouting to high heavens that his decisions had no recourse to the constitution are not being fair in their jiudgement. As a military administrator, u can not work with the constitution which is civil. It does not however implies that he would embark on the same track of suspending the constitution under a civilian administration.
it will be an understatement if I said the old man ran out of idea because he has none, other than his tyrannical, religious bigotry and ethic jingoism. Simply put he is a despot.

3 Likes

Re: CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by Nobody: 7:59pm On Feb 12, 2015
of course.
Re: CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by 49cents(m): 7:59pm On Feb 12, 2015
mikeansy:
Buhari is missing the point! No matter the system a leader is judged by the choices they make in office. So yes Buhari's 1984 record is an indication of what he will do now.

But it is clear for all to see that even Buhari is not proud of Buhari's records in 1984 and yet this man does not have the courage to say sorry to Nigerians!

Very intelligent bro!!!

He lacks the humitly to say he is sorry as though his axtion is justifiable

2 Likes

Re: CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by lukaino(m): 8:01pm On Feb 12, 2015
jacksparrow1207:
[size=26pt]THE EVIL THAT MEN DO, LIVE WITH THEM AND EVEN AFTER THEM
LIVE WITH IT MR DICTATOR
[/size]

But that is not going to change my unflinching support for the General.
The earlier Nigerians tell themselves the bitter truth and stop lying to themselves, the better for them.
Re: CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by tolexy007(m): 8:02pm On Feb 12, 2015
don't even no what to say, May God forgive GMB for his past atrocities......
Re: CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by Nobody: 8:02pm On Feb 12, 2015
hedonistic:
Very disingenuous talk. You don't want to be judged by your negative 1984 record, yet the ONLY so-called selling point of your presidential ambition is your 1984 perception of "integrity" and "incorruptibility"!

If you want us to remember you for your so-called incorruptible stance in 1984, why should we not also remember you for the undoubted tyranny and sadism you displayed in the same 1984? You can't pick and choose for us.

You want us to remember only what makes you marketable and forget the things that make you unmarketable! What a shameless hypocrite!

Thanks for this submission.
As someone earlier said,let us then remember him for his records at presidential elections

1 Like

Re: CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by chronique(m): 8:03pm On Feb 12, 2015
And they aren't even good to judge him by,most especially his 2011 record. It's still fresh like yesterday.
imoleay0:
Let there be fairness!
Then, let's judge him by his 2003, 2007 and 2011 records.

1 Like

Re: CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by preselect(m): 8:03pm On Feb 12, 2015
and he doesn't think it was harsh to execute young men for an offence that didn't carry the death penalty.

2 Likes

Re: CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by Arysexy(m): 8:03pm On Feb 12, 2015
ellechrystal:
Truth b told, some ppl hate to b criticised, but love to criticize n condemn others, smh..

I Love u for this summary

1 Like

Re: CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by kech00(f): 8:04pm On Feb 12, 2015
Gbam!!
Re: CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by Hallmark08(m): 8:05pm On Feb 12, 2015
He finally reacted to his unholy behaviour of the past, but he fail to tender unreserved apologies, meaning that he will do more if he is given 2nd chance. In other word THE APC's CHANGE is actually CHAIN!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by redcliff: 8:05pm On Feb 12, 2015
mikeansy:
Buhari is missing the point! No matter the system a leader is judged by the choices they make in office. So yes Buhari's 1984 record is an indication of what he will do now.

But it is clear for all to see that even Buhari is not proud of Buhari's records in 1984 and yet this man does not have the courage to say sorry to Nigerians!

You want him to say sorry so that tomorrow you would come out and say he is not man enough to do something and have a reason for doing it..real men stick to their actions and take responsibility for it..Buhari is a real man. I would not apologize if i were him because in this circumstance it takes your manhood away from you.. now if you dont like him, there are 24 more mushroom parties you can cast your vote for or better still, cast it for the clueless one!
Re: CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by gospeller: 8:07pm On Feb 12, 2015
I think he should rethink again.
Re: CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by sparkleRed(f): 8:07pm On Feb 12, 2015
kay1one2:
Guessing we shouldn't judge jonathan by the events of his last 6yrs in office!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by PapiWata: 8:07pm On Feb 12, 2015
Hallmark08:
He finally reacted to him unholy behaviour of the past, but he fail to tender unreserved apologies, meaning that he will do more if he is given 2nd chance. In other word THE APC's CHANGE is actually CHAIN!!!

Good analogy. Let Bokko Hari go and CHAIN the nomadic cattle-herders in Buhari Village, Chad. They are waiting for their new Seriki Buhari there.

3 Likes

Re: CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by Collynzo9: 8:08pm On Feb 12, 2015
tellmoon:
We are being asked to vote the person called Buhari not military or democracy.
There is no law that says a military government must be against free speech, arrest and imprison people randomly and execute people for no reason. There are military governments devoid of all those vices and we have had other military governments in Nigeria that weren't nearly as bad.
The point is that Buhari as a person is undemocratic, wicked, averse to criticism and very vindictive, his lack of remorse for those actions cleary proves that.
He cannot continue to hide under the fact that his was a military government.

4 Likes

Re: CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by Nobody: 8:10pm On Feb 12, 2015
redcliff:

You want him to say sorry so that tomorrow you would come out and say he is not man enough to do something and have a reason for doing it..real men stick to their actions and take responsibility for it..Buhari is a real man. I would not apologize if i were him because in this circumstance it takes your manhood away from you.. now if you dont like him, there are 24 more mushroom parties you can cast your vote for or better still, cast it for the clueless one!

Buhari is not sticking to his actions or taking responsibility! He is neither defending his records but instead asking us to selectively remember them. That's not what real men do!

4 Likes

Re: CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by redcliff: 8:12pm On Feb 12, 2015
mikeansy:

Buhari is not sticking to his actions or taking responsibility! He is neither defending his records but instead asking us to selectively remember them. That's not what real men do!

Like i said, cast your vote elsewhere
Re: CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by Nobody: 8:13pm On Feb 12, 2015
Southerners with dia daftness.. Anything movie-like sells very cheaply to their head.. All you do is rant about islamisation and other craps.. Forgetting that, things like this don't happen in a democratic settings.. Allow those anti-buhari tv adverts to keep robbin you of the chance to know the man properly.. When una suffer well, una go think, drop sentiment aside and vote leaders that mean well for us.. Afterall, buhari is not the only presidential aspirant.. But they are focusing on him cos they know his antecedents.. Bad politicians will not sleep with their eyes close in this country with Buhari as President..
Re: CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by Nobody: 8:16pm On Feb 12, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Dis mallam cun aboki feels cos his cows re shouting and disturbing d atmosphere wif dem change, he now feels we all cows. He shld know dat we human beings and judging from fulani history, dey don't forgive and dey so cruel and wicked cum dumb. I ve said it before, he ran for president 3 times before and he lost and he's coming again after swearing and crying for naija dat he won't contest again. Its either he wants to steal which he didn't accomplish in 1983 or he is seeking for revenge. Naija Is too big for one old man to use for soap opera!
But another clueless man can use u for immigration scam where your family and friends lost their life and no money refunded to individuals, you're heartless

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

El-Rufai Visits Vice-President, Osinbajo Today / President Buhari To Visit Seme Border / Tinubu: I Will Convert Yahoo Boys To Tech Experts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.