Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,779 members, 7,817,218 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:19 AM

CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record (24330 Views)

1984 Photo Of Buhari About Bread Surfaces Online / Full Transcript Of President Buhari's Latest CNN Interview / CNN Interview ; Again, Buhari Goofed.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by hansad: 1:46am On Feb 13, 2015
Today, Somalis and Arabs all over the world are fixated on Nigeria, hoping that Buhari becomes Nigeria's president. Some even taunt some Nigerians "friends" that they are coming to take over Nigeria through Buhari.

Amanpour is Iranian by origin. When extremists killed the US Consul in Libya, Amanpour used CNN and photos to subtly celebrate the Consul's killing as a tit for tat for the Consul's support for those that killed Mumar Ghaddafi.

I just had time now to listen to this Amanpour's CNN interview of Buhari. From her opening statement till the last, Amanpour could not even hide her leaning to Buhari to become next president of Nigeria. She was even putting good words into Buhari's mouth.
Nigerians beware.

6 Likes

Re: CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by OneNaira6: 1:56am On Feb 13, 2015
THEN what should we judge him by? Mtchewwwww

2 Likes

Re: CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by aksule(m): 3:08am On Feb 13, 2015
The beauty of democracy is even those that trancate Democratic set up can come back again and seek for political office and people can decide to either vote for him or her under Democratic set up. If ones record cannot be used then why are people with enlightened mind using the word clueless. We tend to deceive ourselves.
Re: CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by elujah1(m): 3:20am On Feb 13, 2015
lukaino:

But that is not going to change my unflinching support for the General.
The earlier Nigerians tell themselves the bitter truth and stop lying to themselves, the better for them.
what bitter truth?? that if you keep a tortoise for thirsty years, it will become a sheep? you think he has changed to a better man? indeed.

2 Likes

Re: CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by cococandy(f): 6:15am On Feb 13, 2015
Clueless old man

1 Like

Re: CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by Nobody: 7:08am On Feb 13, 2015
southniyikaye:
firstly,ur whole generation including ur untrained father should shut up..secondly,I can see ur people has no money to train u that's why u called a spade spead!! People like u are product of asari dokubo university that's why u r so daft to even comprehend a simple write...now to ur foolishness,that guy was trying to badmouth buhari,I was only giving him reason as to why buhari did whatever he did back then.u didn't even read thru what I wrote,because of sentiment,u just typed nonsense for ur father not me because if u were properly trained,u won't talk like a mannerless she goat...so if u uote me again,na thunder go fire u idiot
...What is dis brainwashed mofos talking abt..? dis unstable hegoats that eat faeces nd drink urine for water!, may that thundet level ur entire recruited almajiri family 2 d ground! desperado idiotas!!!
Re: CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by Nobody: 7:26am On Feb 13, 2015
hedonistic:
Very disingenuous talk. You don't want to be judged by your negative 1984 record, yet the ONLY so-called selling point of your presidential ambition is your 1984 perception of "integrity" and "incorruptibility"!

If you want us to remember you for your so-called incorruptible stance in 1984, why should we not also remember you for the undoubted tyranny and sadism you displayed in the same 1984? You can't pick and choose for us.

You want us to remember only what makes you marketable and forget the things that make you unmarketable! What a shameless hypocrite!

God bless you abundantly my brother. This post is the post of the year for the forth-coming elections.

CC

Berem

Orlandoowoh

Gbawe

Desola

Ilugunboy

Passingshot

Pendy79

Barcanista

Ngeneukwenu

Raumdeuter

Obiagelli
Re: CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by macsilver(m): 7:50am On Feb 13, 2015
southniyikaye:
becos we didn't see anytin sensible in what the brainless pdp goats have been commenting!! What buhari meant was,desperate times requires desperate measures..and we are enjoying the dividends today!! Nigeria would have been like jamaica today in terms of drug..during buhari's regime,the highest nepa can take light a day is 3hrs..we all know what going on today in gej's era..pls when u people have better things to say,let us know..we r tired of cheap propagandas,bring up a big one so we can tackle it together

It is suffice that you are clueless. Its also obvious you're only supporting Buhari only on grounds that you want Jonathan out &amp.
Are you 5 years old? Before Jonathan became president, even when Yar'adua was president, was there light for 21 hours a day?
This issue of electricityy has been Nigeria's problem even before I was born (late 80s), so don't wake up and come here with some lame excuses facing Jonathan for the probmeb that even our fathers faced while they wwere young.
Did your little sibling bedwet today? If yes, please blame it on Jonathan too.
Clueless ranters on NL.

1 Like

Re: CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by balash(m): 8:10am On Feb 13, 2015
babyosisi:
[size=18pt]Haven't we had enough of this man yet?
E don do
Enough already!!![/size]

He doesn't want us to judge him by his 1984 records yet his claim to good leadership and ability to change Nigeria is from the same 1984 record.
It can't go both ways
His record cannot be bad and good all together

God has rejected him and history agrees

U stand for skyscraper dey complain say we tired of this mman already, if u are really tired come back to 9ja and GEJ candidancy *tongue out*

On a lighter mood buhari is not the messier but he would make great changes in corruption,electricity and security then we can get a more younger experienced president. We know what we playing at already, GEJ is too weak for the nigerian we are dreaming about
Re: CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by jaysniggs: 8:12am On Feb 13, 2015
Senjuchiha:
abeg,na who create ds supporter of APC mofo?

When you have nothing reasonable to present kindly keep quiet.
When people with brains are discussing kindly stay far away from there.
In as much as I'm gonna like to make you cry through words I'm afraid I can't belittle myself by exchanging words with you.

What set of people compare a military regime to a civilian regime?
Its like comparing Gaddafi to Mandela
Re: CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by balash(m): 8:29am On Feb 13, 2015
macsilver:

It is suffice that you are clueless. Its also obvious you're only supporting Buhari only on grounds that you want Jonathan out &amp.
Are you 5 years old? Before Jonathan became president, even when Yar'adua was president, was there light for 21 hours a day?
This issue of electricityy has been Nigeria's problem even before I was born (late 80s), so don't wake up and come here with some lame excuses facing Jonathan for the probmeb that even our fathers faced while they wwere young.
Did your little sibling bedwet today? If yes, please blame it on Jonathan too.
Clueless ranters on NL.

in all sincerity do u think its hard for nigeria to have 24hrs power supply?? whats the root of it all if not simply 'corruption' if buhari iss coming in for only that stable power supply we are fine then
Re: CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by jaysniggs: 8:40am On Feb 13, 2015
kuzee:

guy become a president and tell mi if you wnt be worst than any of the president that ruled naija

I can't imagine how happy you are with failure.
You're so comfortable you even generalise failure.
You need help
Re: CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by jaysniggs: 9:03am On Feb 13, 2015
Tonylyte:

Na wao! What is this clown saying?

For anyone who doesn't support your claim to become a clown, trust me you're way worse.
Re: CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by ifeojobas(f): 9:35am On Feb 13, 2015
hedonistic:
Very disingenuous talk. You don't want to be judged by your negative 1984 record, yet the ONLY so-called selling point of your presidential ambition is your 1984 perception of "integrity" and "incorruptibility"!

If you want us to remember you for your so-called incorruptible stance in 1984, why should we not also remember you for the undoubted tyranny and sadism you displayed in the same 1984? You can't pick and choose for us.

You want us to remember only what makes you marketable and forget the things that make you unmarketable! What a shameless hypocrite!

I'm not saying you are not correct o or you haven't brought up valid points. But are we prepared to keep quiet when and if BH continue operations if the incumbent administration is given another chance?

And for goodness sake, there are more than 2 political parties in this country. Where are all their presidential candidates?

#Change
#Transformation
#x
#y
#z?
Re: CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by Senjuchiha: 9:37am On Feb 13, 2015
jaysniggs:

When you have nothing reasonable to present kindly keep quiet.
When people with brains are discussing kindly stay far away from there.
In as much as I'm gonna like to make you cry through words I'm afraid I can't belittle myself by exchanging words with you.

What set of people compare a military regime to a civilian regime?
Its like comparing Gaddafi to Mandela
sharrrrrap!!!!!!!!!
Re: CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by Nobody: 9:40am On Feb 13, 2015
hedonistic:

intelligent write up. am glad we still have people like u in our society,

2 Likes

Re: CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by Nobody: 9:47am On Feb 13, 2015
you dont want to be judged by ur 1984 records, but u re using the same record to fool ur brainless supporters,
Re: CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by jaysniggs: 10:02am On Feb 13, 2015
Senjuchiha:
sharrrrrap!!!!!!!!!

I feel for you. embarassed
You'll be free in no time cry
Sorry cheesy
Re: CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by mesh409: 10:27am On Feb 13, 2015
This old dictator can not even say sorry to the masses...i still see pride and bigotry in him,if them like make them watch with hypo,starch am then iron.

2 Likes

Re: CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by kate3: 11:19am On Feb 13, 2015
Have u seen a leopard that change its spots before. Monkey go london come back na still monkey it will remain. Don't decieve anybody becos of vote. Devil cann't repent forever.
Re: CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by kate3: 11:22am On Feb 13, 2015
Have u seen a leopard that change its spots before. Monkey go london come back na still monkey it will remain. Don't decieve anybody becos of vote.
Re: CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by macsilver(m): 11:40am On Feb 13, 2015
balash:

in all sincerity do u think its hard for nigeria to have 24hrs power supply?? whats the root of it all if not simply 'corruption' if buhari iss coming in for only that stable power supply we are fine then

I haven't seen any president that wouldn't promise good power supply, but upon attaining d post of a president, they make that the least of their Agenda. When he had the chance, he could have done it. Second chance is what we don't think we can afford. Let him go back to the north and retire from Politics honourably rather than fail the fourth time.
Among his prospective agenda is to bring back Sharia law in NIGERIA, not in d north o! Why would he say this?
Re: CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by Tyaladex: 11:47am On Feb 13, 2015
Buhari Buhari. Don't forget that self defence is d bedrock of any form of sucurity... Buhari who could not secure himself in office barely 2yrs he got 2 power is now boasting to have d ability to end Boko Haram whch is an international menace in his 70s when he could not secure himself in his 40s... I'l rather put my faith in GEJ to end the insurgency...

1 Like

Re: CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by balash(m): 11:55am On Feb 13, 2015
macsilver:

I haven't seen any president that wouldn't promise good power supply, but upon attaining d post of a president, they make that the least of their Agenda. When he had the chance, he could have done it. Second chance is what we don't think we can afford. Let him go back to the north and retire from Politics honourably rather than fail the fourth time.
Among his prospective agenda is to bring back Sharia law in NIGERIA, not in d north o! Why would he say this?

When he was head of state then there was stable power supply please go get your achives right, sincerely you are an educated dude and u know your right from wrong why would you believe media propaganda.

Nigeria is not a muslim country its between muslims and christians, this is democracy if he make some very weird decisions he would simply be impeached its as simmple as A.B.C moreover he won't have to go through such terms, do u believe people like tinubu and osinbajo would allow sharia law, bros u go school now? No let propaganda gets u weigh down. That shoeless dude is not disciplined for the nigeria we are now? A nigerian a 10yrs can tell u shutup and u wuld be like where I want beat for your body now.

Nigerians are freaking sturbborn and the corrupt wealthy nigerians are milking us dry. This is a chance for us? People said more shits about late yar'adua would u say he dint reclaim his glories in the eyes of nigerians? Na until those stupid fanatics called bboko haram reach south b4 we go standup to fight? Common na bbbros

1 Like

Re: CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by balash(m): 12:01pm On Feb 13, 2015
Tyaladex:
Buhari Buhari. Don't forget that self defence is d bedrock of any form of sucurity... Buhari who could not secure himself in office barely 2yrs he got 2 power is now boasting to have d ability to end Boko Haram whch is an international menace in his 70s when he could not secure himself in his 40s... I'l rather put my faith in GEJ to end the insurgency...

If u like put faith, and bblessing with gloria or nkechi or chidiebere, GEJ no get that liver to end anything, u better no support wetyn after you die your grandchildren go exhume your dead body and kill you again for supporting a bad leader for there future
Re: CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by melomelo: 12:48pm On Feb 13, 2015
Buhari is a mad man sha
GEJ Till you contest election 8th times

1 Like

Re: CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by VoteWisely: 5:00pm On Feb 13, 2015
#VoteWisely

Re: CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by fritiyo: 5:41pm On Feb 13, 2015
jaysniggs:

Has GEJ said sorry to LSL?
Has he said sorry for comparing the Yoruba leaders to motor park touts?
Has GEJ come out to take full responsibility of boko haram even though it became a menance under his nose?
Has this man apologised for telling Nigerians he didn't give a damn about declaring his assets even though he illegally acquired them from the pockets of the Nigerian government.
What has he done to bring back the abducted girls? I'm sure you won't be thinking like this if it were to be your niece or sister I hope not.
So before you start pointing fingers at someone look within yourself first.
Re: CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by DaBullIT(m): 7:58pm On Feb 13, 2015
hedonistic:

Really? Shameless hypocrite? I bow for you o
Re: CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by whao: 9:17pm On Feb 13, 2015
In Politics, The Best Liar Wins. Dnt Be Deceived. Dnt Kill Urselves for Them. Their Children are all Abroad Relaxing, While u are Here Both on Social Media And Outside Clamouring for Change u Can Bring Abt Urself. instead of Waiting and Relying on ur Government. After d Excitement of a New Government, wat Else? Ask d American People, they will tell u.
Re: CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by londoner: 10:43pm On Feb 13, 2015
LOL, even when this man thinks he is being humble, or apologetic........he is still so stubborn and arrogant in saying that in hindeside he would/should have done something else, and more importantly, saying IN NO UNCERTAIN TERMS, that he would not do the same again.

Nigeria may not still be under military rule, but as a leader Buhari, his mentality and attitude are.

Even now, in 2015 he hs been sked about his antcedences and at every turn he simply justifies it......If thats how he feels, fine but that makes him unsuitable to be the president of Nigeria in 2015.
He has never been presidnet or held any poliical office under a democratic dispensation...........Nigeria can not gamble on Buhari.

In those years after 1984 did he become a statesman and expose himself to non-military set ups? Has he showed any signs at all of a personal change or progression?

Even OBJ with his military background is at least recorded as being active in non-military polital arenas as a "statesman".

Does Buhari think that Tony Blair or George Bush Jnr can ever attempt to be prime minister/president again due to their antecedents?

They would not even attempt it..................he needs to follow suit.

1 Like

Re: CNN Interview: It’s Harsh To Judge Me By My 1984 Record by princemikky001: 5:06am On Feb 14, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Dis mallam cun aboki feels cos his cows re shouting and disturbing d atmosphere wif dem change, he now feels we all cows. He shld know dat we human beings and judging from fulani history, dey don't forgive and dey so cruel and wicked cum dumb. I ve said it before, he ran for president 3 times before and he lost and he's coming again after swearing and crying for naija dat he won't contest again. Its either he wants to steal which he didn't accomplish in 1983 or he is seeking for revenge. Naija Is too big for one old man to use for soap opera!

Very clueless speech dude can see GEJ is ur mentor dude u need 2 change ur tinkin cos dis country rily need chang even if nt 4rm APC but nt dis corupt PDP(GEJ) admin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kashamu Refuses To Appear In Court As NDLEA Maintains Seige / Victoria Obaze Becomes Mayor In UK / Tinubu Cabinet: Muslims Lobby President-elect For More Ministers Than Christians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.