Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,153 members, 7,811,305 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:48 AM

Abuja Gradually Turning To Lagos - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Abuja Gradually Turning To Lagos (34805 Views)

Nigerian Airlines Are Now Turning To Neighboring Ghana For Aviation Fuel / 5 Travel Experiences Every Nigerian Should Have Before Turning 30 / Gradually, Calabar Port Comes Alive Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abuja Gradually Turning To Lagos by jingh(f): 11:19am On Feb 19, 2015
Stop smoking weed on empty stomach
CashdownNG:

SMH, PLAIN SILLY
Re: Abuja Gradually Turning To Lagos by 100Cents: 11:20am On Feb 19, 2015
adanduka:
Places like Nyanya-Keffi express beside checkpoint and not these places you mentioned. Lol @ Shoprite Apo stinking. You should clean your car more often lipsrsealed
And Lagos isn't the only place with stinking places, haven't you been to Aba?

Lagos carry award for odour...

I still wonder what people seek in Lagos .. Very dirty smelling chaotic city.

Isn't it opportunities ? Leveraging on the market provided by the crowd living in Lagos ?

Give me a desert, I will convert it to Lagos..

1 Like

Re: Abuja Gradually Turning To Lagos by jingh(f): 11:22am On Feb 19, 2015
Aiit but both of dem deserve 2 be flog
justhelp:
DONT BLAME THE OP BLAME THE UNEDUCATED MOD THAT MOVE IT TO FP

1 Like

Re: Abuja Gradually Turning To Lagos by 100Cents: 11:23am On Feb 19, 2015
sCun:

Lagos has far more stinking places than Aba.

On can wade through the water in Aba barefooted because they will soon dry up when the sun shines.

Can one say that of Lagos ? NO..

2 Likes

Re: Abuja Gradually Turning To Lagos by jingh(f): 11:23am On Feb 19, 2015
5 billion like 4 u
realmindz:

don't mind him...a total disrespect for Lasgidi..the centre of excellence, economic power house of west Africa, Lagos even more popular than Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Abuja Gradually Turning To Lagos by justhelp(m): 11:25am On Feb 19, 2015
jingh:
exactly
Re: Abuja Gradually Turning To Lagos by 100Cents: 11:28am On Feb 19, 2015
Aarizz:
Please Lagos doesn't smell anymore abeg!

Since when ??

2 Likes

Re: Abuja Gradually Turning To Lagos by Lordleo89(m): 11:28am On Feb 19, 2015
Pictures or adonbelivit
Re: Abuja Gradually Turning To Lagos by Sijo01(f): 11:29am On Feb 19, 2015
Richard6:
Yes, abuja used to smell good until APC started farting every where up and down. Look at lagos here they dominate. A fart from tinubu alone can cause a commotion in a city grin grin

cheesy cheesy cheesy badt guy
Re: Abuja Gradually Turning To Lagos by SpaceWorld2013(m): 11:32am On Feb 19, 2015
This op & namadi sambo are birds of d feather. They both lack critical analysis. Why comparing lagos of about 21m people to abuja? If Lagos is governed by your oga there in abuja it'd have been worst.
Re: Abuja Gradually Turning To Lagos by eaglechild: 11:44am On Feb 19, 2015
utelebaba:
It is true as of 1999,2000 Abuja city is one of the clean city in Africa and also of the fast developing city I could remeber hw cleaners use to clean those area the poster mentioned but today is an I saw.

Did you mean eyesore?

1 Like

Re: Abuja Gradually Turning To Lagos by olas24u(f): 11:46am On Feb 19, 2015
tolexy007:

hahahahahahaha i tire ooo, pls help me ask am oo, dat is whot u get wen u see a man smoking wet weed grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Cracked me up
Re: Abuja Gradually Turning To Lagos by GentleToks(m): 11:47am On Feb 19, 2015
I have always maintain my stand against this useless and western democracy that is not working for us in Nigeria. Democracy is a western way of controlling developing countries around the world by having their stooges as presidents of these countries.

Having seen how Abuja was built, maintained and transformed under Military rule, I think I ll stick to Military rule over this useless democracy any time, any day. I remember how Abuja was in early and late 90s; traffic was excellent, water and electricity services were absolutely fabulous; if Nepa or Water board wanted to carry out maintenance work on a particular municipal, all the companies that ll be involved in carrying out this maintenance usually go on TV and radio to tender apology for the inconvenience their companies would cause the general public.

The Green bins for recycling, refuse and household waste were well maintained, clean and positioned in front of every houses. All refuse and waste collection companies come twice in a week to collect these household waste and rubbish in general so as make our environment safe and clean.

I usually ran to waste companies' truck coming out of Wuse General Hospital couple of times in a week and I presumes that these waste truck were there to collect clinical waste too; Wuse hospital was just a stone's throw away from my house which gives me 24/7 unlimited access to the hospital environment.

It's quite sad to see what Civilian government has turned Abuja city to in 21st century. How I wish someone have maintained Abuja city d way Babangida, Abacha administration did, Abuja city would have remain unrivalled in the whole Africa in terms of road network, enviable business environment, all social services and of course the lovely edifices..

All these useless politicians were only fighting for their pockets then under the pretence of fighting for democracy and the masses. Masses were used in politicians' fight against military government and loads were killed. The same Masses have become and remained poorer since 1999; poverty is everywhere. Middle class have disappeared to thin air. All we have now is few rich people and poor masses.

3 Likes

Re: Abuja Gradually Turning To Lagos by isan(m): 11:48am On Feb 19, 2015
Mumu Op Who tell u lagos dey smell? Very soon lagos will overtake abuja
Re: Abuja Gradually Turning To Lagos by jingh(f): 11:49am On Feb 19, 2015
Re u done ranting, why compare a dirty tin with lag ?
I pressume u ve a dead brain 4 u nt 2 be able 2 decode the op intent
lygn19:
see how stupid u re, sm1 opens a thread with an unbiased mind, without any bad intentions for anyone,but only with the will to pass a message, but u re trying to read tribalism into it... may God help u.
Re: Abuja Gradually Turning To Lagos by Nobody: 11:52am On Feb 19, 2015
jingh:
Re u done ranting, why compare a dirty tin with lag ?
I pressume u ve a dead brain 4 u nt 2 be able 2 decode the op intent
wat if d Op is sm1 who plies Lagos and Abuja... and based his comparism based on d fact of what he knows abt dz two states i.e based on the fact that he thinks they re at par. if dz same OP had used a state like Abia or Imo or Ekiti u ppl wud still insult him and say that he shud compare Abia with only Cities like Lagos,Kano.

1 Like

Re: Abuja Gradually Turning To Lagos by Nobody: 12:01pm On Feb 19, 2015
jamp:

do you need pictures for odour.

You meant one of the cleanest cities.
Re: Abuja Gradually Turning To Lagos by Nobody: 12:05pm On Feb 19, 2015
jamp:

You meant one of the cleanest cities in Nigeria? Abuja is now an I saw tongue
Re: Abuja Gradually Turning To Lagos by jingh(f): 12:08pm On Feb 19, 2015
Proof
killercute16:
He is from Lagos. grin
Re: Abuja Gradually Turning To Lagos by sokera: 12:08pm On Feb 19, 2015
Obascoetubi:
picturesss or we dont biliv
you smell with your eyes
Re: Abuja Gradually Turning To Lagos by killercute16(m): 12:11pm On Feb 19, 2015
jingh:
Proof
Do you need his address as proof?
Re: Abuja Gradually Turning To Lagos by Nobody: 12:13pm On Feb 19, 2015
adanduka:
Places like Nyanya-Keffi express beside checkpoint and not these places you mentioned. Lol @ Shoprite Apo stinking. You should clean your car more often lipsrsealed
LOL u are mean oh
Re: Abuja Gradually Turning To Lagos by Nobody: 12:14pm On Feb 19, 2015
GentleToks:
I have always maintain my stand against this useless and western democracy that is not working for us in Nigeria. Democracy is a western way of controlling developing countries around the world by having their stooges as presidents of these countries.

Having seen how Abuja was built, maintained and transformed under Military rule, I think I ll stick to Military rule over this useless democracy any time, any day. I remember how Abuja was in early and late 90s; traffic was excellent, water and electricity services were absolutely fabulous; if Nepa or Water board wanted to carry out maintenance work on a particular municipal, all the companies that ll be involved in carrying out this maintenance usually go on TV and radio to tender apology for the inconvenience their companies would cause the general public.

The Green bins for recycling, refuse and household waste were well maintained, clean and positioned in front of every houses. All refuse and waste collection companies come twice in a week to collect these household waste and rubbish in general so as make our environment safe and clean.

I usually ran to waste companies' truck coming out of Wuse General Hospital couple of times in a week and I presumes that these waste truck were there to collect clinical waste too; Wuse hospital was just a stone's throw away from my house which gives me 24/7 unlimited access to the hospital environment.

It's quite sad to see what Civilian government has turned Abuja city to in 21st century. How I wish someone have maintained Abuja city d way Babangida, Abacha administration did, Abuja city would have remain unrivalled in the whole Africa in terms of road network, enviable business environment, all social services and of course the lovely edifices..

All these useless politicians were only fighting for their pockets then under the pretence of fighting for democracy and the masses. Masses were used in politicians' fight against military government and loads were killed. The same Masses have become and remained poorer since 1999; poverty is everywhere. Middle class have disappeared to thin air. All we have now is few rich people and poor masses.

I work at Wuse General Hospital right now.
Re: Abuja Gradually Turning To Lagos by Nobody: 12:22pm On Feb 19, 2015
adanduka:
Clearly he hasnt been to Aba... ayan.holu... hehehe... I bn dey fear say ebola go bcum epidermic dea.. buh thank God sha... Abia state needs to work...
Re: Abuja Gradually Turning To Lagos by jingh(f): 12:25pm On Feb 19, 2015
Anoda yabaleft escapee
Richard6:
Yes, abuja used to smell good until APC started farting every where up and down. Look at lagos here they dominate. A fart from tinubu alone can cause a commotion in a city grin grin
Re: Abuja Gradually Turning To Lagos by jamp: 12:26pm On Feb 19, 2015
Thank you mods for moving this thread to front page. At least those in authority will investigate my claims plus other NLs claims regarding the state of Abuja.

I will upload pictures to buttress my points
Re: Abuja Gradually Turning To Lagos by Mikwus(f): 12:27pm On Feb 19, 2015
jamp:

AQbeg ask am oooooooo.............mtcheew
Re: Abuja Gradually Turning To Lagos by jamp: 12:30pm On Feb 19, 2015
jingh:

my dear I did not write this to please anybody. Its just the plain truth.
Re: Abuja Gradually Turning To Lagos by jingh(f): 12:32pm On Feb 19, 2015
Who stole dis kid brain.
Y are u hell bent on deraling this thread with religious and tribalist remark
naijaboiy:

Especially around those mosque areas where these northerners gather.

Those places are always dirty undecided
Re: Abuja Gradually Turning To Lagos by idoo4love: 12:38pm On Feb 19, 2015
I can testify of it,left there about four days ago..I barely enjoyed my stay....holdups about 3hrs at check point
Re: Abuja Gradually Turning To Lagos by kunlebabs(m): 12:44pm On Feb 19, 2015
Lasgidi the state of mind. We enjoy the smelly lagos you badmouthing. It's still a city to reckon with till eternity. Whether they move the capital of nigeria to anywhere in the world. Lagos will always be lagos. And when did lagos start smelling. Your great great grand fathers that trekked several miles down to lagos didn't even complain about the smell. It's now when the government of lagos has succeeded in tackling the waste output generated with integrated and modernized waste management policies and approach that you now start comparing. It seems you guys r idle abi. Highway mangers and street sweepers are still needed in lagos. Apply and be sure of a guaranteed appointment.
Re: Abuja Gradually Turning To Lagos by jingh(f): 12:49pm On Feb 19, 2015
Which state re u 4rm
jamp:

my dear I did not write this to please anybody. Its just the plain truth.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Fuel Tankers Collide And Explode In Zaria, Burn People Alive(photo) / See The Remodeled Port Harcourt Intl Airport - Photos / Accident Along Obosi, Anambra: Four People Feared Dead, Others Injured (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.