Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:21 AM

1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] - Literature (104) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] (317200 Views)

Black Monday - A Crime Fiction / "Mohammed Ali At The Ring-side, 1985" - A Poem By Wole Soyinka / The Day The Clouds Turned Red (crime Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) ... (112) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 7:14am On Aug 16, 2015
Rounakid:
Good one sire... But remember, u have'nt reply my mail for some days now... Cc D9ty7
Baba, I got your mail
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Onemansquad(m): 10:36am On Aug 16, 2015
Viewing this topic: wizkris(f), fakab(f), olarafiat(f),
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Rounakid(m): 1:12pm On Aug 16, 2015
D9ty7:
Baba, I got your mail
Hmmmmmm... *sigh of relief* owka, am waitin for ur feedback
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Uthman51(m): 6:26pm On Aug 16, 2015
Lilyomi:

Is dat hw u greet adults?

sorry ma'am
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Omololamide(f): 9:07pm On Aug 16, 2015
Hmmmmmmm, this is gobe o
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 8:39am On Aug 17, 2015
--continuation--
Chris opened his eyes slowly as he heard footsteps approaching him. He was in a semi-dark room, probably because all the windows and shutters were firmly locked.
"Wake up boy." A croaky voice like the sound of a frog said.
Chris slowly, but carefully sat up and came face to face with five big guys. He immediately began crying as soon as the realization of being kidnapped hit him.
"Please sir, let me go. My mum will pay you any amount." He cried.
"What do you take us for?" One of them asked angrily landing a slap which sent him rolling on the floor.
"You all should avoid hitting the boy. We do not need him. Just kidnap him and eliminate him as soon as Mrs Adeola gives the go ahead." The man with the frog sound cautioned the one who slapped Chris. After which he bent down and helped him up. "And his is such a handsome boy. He'll be a perfect match for my daughter." He said.
Everyone bursted into laughter. "I hate to see small boys suffering."
"Name your price, my mum will pay." Chris pleaded.
"On the other hand boy, we've been asked to kill you, and more so, your mum is not rich. She is only comfortable with her meager salary. Asking for a ransome from her will drain all she has saved over the years." Frogy replied.
"My dad will pay. He is a billionaire. Call him." he said at the top of his voice.
The men exchanged strange looks. "Who is he?" They asked.
"Daniel Martins." Chris replied.
The air became hot around the men. "Daniel Martins is Madam Adeola's husband, isn't it.?" One of the men asked in a whisper.
"Let's talk about this else where." Frogy said walking out of the room.
--------------------
Clara walked out of her room to find Malik lying on the couch in the living room. For the past three days, he has been pleading and begging to be spared from the brutal decision making between Danny Lovato and his group of advisers.
"You are still here?" She asked as she sat on the center table.
Malik sat up looking gloomy.
"Clara, you and I know you can convince Lovato or anybody to expunge the thought of me sacrificing for the group." He said.
"But you know it's for the best. Sacrifices has to made." Clara replied.
"Not in this case Clara. This sacrifice is way too much. I facilitated your escape despite the heavy security presence at the hotel. I risked everything and made the call. Clara, I have lost my job, Mark is probably looking for me right now. And you still want me to return to N.A.THE.U and hand myself over. What information will I get from inside the cell?"
"Malik, you will pretend to corporate with them and they will trust you. You tell them you know where Lovato is, they tell you their next line of action, you relate it to the other moles inside the N.A.T.U, they in turn reports to Lovato who will block them even before they started." Clara explained.
"It is very easy to say Clara, but you and I know we don't discuss in front of criminals. Why are you this selfish?" This time, he was on his feet. "The same way you carried out an attack against N.A.T. U, we facilitated your escape. No one asked you to hand yourself in to get information. Mark was almost closing up on you, we still facilitated you escape, now you want me to hand myself in. Who does that?"
"Remember your mum is with Lovato. She could be killed. This sacrifice would be worth it, believe me." Clara urged.
"Fine, I will do it, but terms and conditions applies. If at any point there is a breach, I know where to find Lovato and even you." He threatened.
Clara scoffed.
------------
Jimmy sat in front of Daniel as they discussed.
"That woman is a witch." Jimmy said.
"I can attest to that. She must be the most powerful of all witches in Africa." Daniel replied.
Jimmy could not but burst into laughter. "You are in a big fix then." He laughed even more.
"A big fix if you ask me. What do I do?" Daniel replied.
"Why not use your fine boy charm on Tina. She is single, you are as good as being single. Work the mathematics, get her to go out with you, and trust me, with little or no efforts she will allow the boy come to you." Jimmy explained.
A knock sounded on the door interrupting their discussion.
"Come in." Jimmy said.
The door opened and Halima, Daniel's secretary walked in with two men.
"I am inspector Moses. You are under arrest." One of them said flashing his identity card.
--tbc--

3 Likes

Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Hennyhorlah(f): 9:08am On Aug 17, 2015
Chai!! I don miss o,thank God I'm nw back.....Daniel needs to suffer a little b4 d truth comes out nd dat Tony guys is a no go area for Tina o,i prefer Mark

#Team Tina/Mark cool
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Nobody: 9:41am On Aug 17, 2015
I can only imagine Tina pains
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by kwencypresh(f): 11:11am On Aug 17, 2015
yes arresting Daniel will make Adeola to confess

i pity Tina sha
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by PwettyNini(f): 12:38pm On Aug 17, 2015
Adeola undecided U are done for.
Hot soup.
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Osman1996(m): 4:34pm On Aug 17, 2015
Action films Ghen gen gen
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Omololamide(f): 5:18pm On Aug 17, 2015
OMG. Interesting
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by LaJose78(m): 8:24pm On Aug 17, 2015
Eeyah...c wahala.
Oga dee, wht abt mark's sister? I knw d dream labake had has smtin 2 do wit her. Suspence is nt gud 4 my heart pls do dis tin sharpaly sharpaly.
*sits back nd watch*
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by adewealth027(f): 9:38pm On Aug 17, 2015
lipsrsealed ADEOLA.......
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 10:16pm On Aug 17, 2015
adewealth027:
lipsrsealed ADEOLA.......
Your namesake grin
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Ziziola: 10:59pm On Aug 17, 2015
Hmmmm...... See what Adeola has caused
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Rounakid(m): 10:36am On Aug 18, 2015
D9ty7:

Your namesake grin
sire... I have'nt get any feedback yet ooo... Plz consider me nao... sadsadsad
God bless...
---------------------------------------------------------
That frogy voice tho... Reminds me of my one time stern teacher back then in sec school... grin grin
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by uniquebandi(f): 11:34am On Aug 18, 2015
i pray nothing bad should happen to chris.
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by donPhill(m): 5:13pm On Aug 18, 2015
Suspense noni....mayor's friends will betray adeola .....who are the cops arresting? Jimmy or Daniel? Pray Chris stays safe.....been a while I logged in....have missed free books opportunity
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Omololamide(f): 10:25pm On Aug 18, 2015
No updates tonight. Ohohohohoh...... I ll cry o......
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 10:30pm On Aug 18, 2015
--continuation--
Mark was driving at a very high speed, despite not being familiar with the Lagos road, but being a man who hardly give up, he still drove anyways. His mind was filled with so many thoughts, ranging from what the kidnappers would demand as ransome, how Tina was fearing and most importantly, how Chris was doing in the kidnappers den.
Truly, the boy has been through a lot of troubles despite having spent only thriteen years on earth. He is the one who was left in the dark as to who his father is, he is the one who was kidnapped right inside his school months ago and thanks to his being smart and senses alert, he was able to escape even though not without sustaining some injuries. In the same stead, help seemed to have come to him finally when Clara picked him up, but the world is full of evil, and Clara picking up was not to save him, but to plunge him into further misery. As if that was not enough, the little boy almost lost his life days ago when the Headquater of the N.A.T.U was attacked. Mark could vividly remember how broken down Tina was and the joy in her eyes the moment the boy showed up. Now that he has been kidnapped again, Mark could not but feel pity for Christina.
"The boy is suffering for his mother's job." He concluded as he brought the car to a halt at the turn of the traffic light to red.
Even if the boy was found unhurt, there are chances of him getting kidnapped in the future or even getting killed. Something no one would be happy to hear and for these reasons, someone has to do something.
"Maybe Tina doesn't think as deep as she should have. The boy should be allowed to leave the town, probably to another state or America if she can afford it." He thought as he matched the accelerator which returned the car back to life.
Another pressing issue is that of Chris' father, Daniel Martin. With his connection in the high places, one can only imagine what would be come of Tina by the time he discovered what has happened to his son.
"This woman need a break. Her life is so complicated." He concluded.
------------------------------------------
Tony walked out of the GODSON group into the parking lot where his car was parked. He had no idea why the police would want to have him questioned, and he was interested to know what the problem is. He recieved two police officers some twenty minutes ago who demanded that he followed them to their station, but considering his status, class and the power he wields, he was able to convince the officers who left without him, but not without him promising to be in their office within an hour, and immediately, he summoned his own lawyer, as well as GODSON group of companies attorney. With the two top class barristers waiting for him at the police station, he was confident the case would be settled before the end of the day, but the issue remains having no idea of what his offense was.
He unplugged his phone from the car charger and dialled a number.
"Hello, Daniel Martins on the line. I will like to speak with the Chairman." He said once the line clicked in connection.
"Just a moment sir." His father-in-law's secreatry replied and moments later, Chief Olukolade came on in his usual playful manner.
"Daniel the bad Martins." His father-in-law said on picking up.
Daniel could not but shake his head for the old man who refused to behave like the old man he is. "Only God knows the kind of vodka he is drinking." Daniel thought.
"Good afternoon sir." Daniel greeted.
"Yeah. Good afternoon. My office is now a place you can't visit anymore. Don't lie to me cos I saw you drive in an hour ago and I'm sure you are still in the building." The old man attacked.
"Its not like that sir. Something came up and I have to go out again." He defended.
"Is it about Adeola?" The old man asked.
"No sir. I need the IGP's number." Daniel replied.
"The Inspector General of Police?"
"Yes sir. Some police officers just left my office. They claimed I have some questions to answer." Daniel explained.
"Go back to your office or go home. You have no question to answer to anybody." Chief Olukolade said angrily. "I will call the IGP and everything will be settled."
"No sir. Let me go first and know why I am being questioned and the person behind it. I know I can't spend an hour the, not to talk of being locked up. I just want the IGP to be aware so that by the time my lawyers are done, the DPO in charge of the station and whoever asked them to arrest me will regret the first time they heard about me." Daniel explained.
"Okay, I will send the number."

--tbc--
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 10:49pm On Aug 18, 2015
--continuation--
Mayor who after Tina left him in the common room still sat foolishly waiting for her return, but when he had sat for thirty five mintues, he made up his mind to leave and that moment, his phone rang and it was his sister.
From all indications, he knew Chris couldn't have been kidnapped by non other persons than his gang members. Afterall, he lrt them at home with the boy. He was even more convinced when Tina told him there were no signs of them ever occupying the apartment downstairs, and judging from the fact that Tina is a public security agent, Mayor knew her conviction couldn't be wrong.
As he walked out through the gate towards his car, he dialled a number.
"Hello guy, its me Mayor." He said very quickly.
"Mayor, how far?" The person at the other end replied.
"I dey, abeg you help me see Majid?" Mayor asked reffering to one of the three guys he left at home.
There was silence at the other end and Mayor could here voices, but in whisper.
"Majid never show today." The guy replied.
"You don't have to lie to me. You should simply have hanged up instead of lying." Mayor spat before ending the call. This time, he was inside his car. He ignited the engine and furiously drove away. Punching in another number in the process.
After six trials with Tina refusing to answer his call, he decided to send her a text.
Hey Tina, please don't get yourself worked up over nothing. I promise to get Chris back in the next twelve hours. Just keep your calm.
---------
Daniel Martins walked into the DPO's office confidently.
"Good afternoon Mr Martins. Am glad you came." The DPO said rising up to his feet while Daniel ignored him and instead shook hands with the two attorneys representing him.
It was obvious that the police boss was offended, but he expertly hid it. Afterall, thats what you get when you invite the 'who is who' in the society for questioning.
"The reason for inviting you is clear to your lawyers as I have explained to them in details......"
Daniel raised his hand in objection which made the DPO stop talking.
"I will prefer getting the details from the attorneys." He said.
"Go ahead." The DPO found himself consenting to his request.
The DPO knew he needs to be in control, or he will end up being dictated to.
"Who is the complainant?" Daniel asked minutes later.
"Barrister Isreal." The DPO replied.
"Who is he working for and what's my relationship to the kidnapped boy."
"The complainant is acting on oders from his client. Miss Christina James." The DPO replied.
Daniel could feel his blood drying up. All the anger he felt towards those who asked that the police lock him up seemed to have disappeared. And was replaced by hatred and desperation.
"Tina, this is your end. Unless my son returns safely within the next twelve hours." He said to himself.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Osman1996(m): 10:52pm On Aug 18, 2015
Following jeh jeh
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Pukka36(f): 10:52pm On Aug 18, 2015
Oh,I pray Tina nd' Mark finds Chris...

Thanks Deecheesy
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Nobody: 11:06pm On Aug 18, 2015
this story is complicated. Its unpredictable
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by jide219(m): 8:56am On Aug 19, 2015
U all want the boy in 12hrs
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Lilyomi(f): 9:19am On Aug 19, 2015
I wud not b surprised if Chris dies in da process. This is a D9ty7 story. Nothn is predictable.
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by zimoni(f): 9:41am On Aug 19, 2015
Still, I read.

Patiently following.

You are doing a good job D9ty7.
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by omotalkie(f): 11:33am On Aug 19, 2015
Dee abeg dont try anything funny wit Chris ooh... Chris must return back to Tina safely cos I dont just understand the twist again ooh
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by blackmarya(f): 1:02pm On Aug 19, 2015
aaaargh! tina has suffered a lot, chris must not die oh d9ty, adeola and d criminals must be punished.
this kim self let her go if she wants to then join mark and tina together. to hell with daniel and his threat

i was late, i missed the questions, i didnt get an update for my birthday! all thesame i'm happy to share bday month with lovely people.
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by adewealth027(f): 1:08pm On Aug 19, 2015
Daniel........common shatap jare
ADEOLA..........my able namesy,ur case dey sambisa o
Tina.........pele,ku oro omo
Mark.......Mr vandam
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by donPhill(m): 2:17pm On Aug 19, 2015
Feeling Martin's pain...Mayor ll sure know where to track his gang....
But dee seems you mistaken Martin for Tony in your first line...

(1) (2) (3) ... (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) ... (112) (Reply)

"Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi / An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) / [story] My Life As A Yahoo Boy

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.