Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,270 members, 7,829,589 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:10 AM

1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] - Literature (55) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] (317460 Views)

Black Monday - A Crime Fiction / "Mohammed Ali At The Ring-side, 1985" - A Poem By Wole Soyinka / The Day The Clouds Turned Red (crime Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (112) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Onemansquad(m): 2:40pm On May 15, 2015
omotalkie:
Finally sha, i'd rily love it if Mark &Tina end up with each other wink
shey u rememba he has a wife already
*it can only happen if mark is still available
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by omotalkie(f): 6:50pm On May 15, 2015
ojjp:

Hw can they, when Kim Mark's wife is at d door nw?
It doesnt mara. I'm perceiving a breakup already wink
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Nobody: 1:17am On May 16, 2015
am loving this and also imagining what will happen
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Onemansquad(m): 7:43am On May 16, 2015
prettydiva89:
am loving this and also imagining what will happen
what do you think wil happen
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 7:58am On May 16, 2015
--continuation--
"Kim, what are you doing here?" Mark asked calmly, but the shock was evident.
"Would you at least welcome me?"
"Why should I?" Mark replied.
"Fine, its like you want it the hard way right?" Kim asked as she dropped her travelling bag. She stepped up a step higher till she was level on ground with Mark, save for the few inches which seperated them in height. "Mark! I have been in this country for twenty four hours and I haven't seen you. You and I know I have no one in Nigeria. It is only you and as expected, I put a call through to you immediately I landed at the airport and what did you say? A caring husband."
Mark hated being the centre of attraction, he hated causing scenes, and here he was making one himself. As much as Kim had over the years tried to blend into the American way of life, the African blood is still very dominant and has pushed the American blood in her into obscurity.
"Will you at least calm down?" Mark asked calmly.
Even though he knew himself to be a man with craze, the key to making him sober rests with his wife. Hence, once Kimberly starts acting up, he'll be gentle so as to calm her down, two wrongs they say never makes a right.
"You can't tell me to calm down. Mark! How could you do this to me? Mark! Are you this inhummane? Don't you have feelings? Even if not for me, what about our baby?" She was starting to annoy him as tears rolled down her cheeks. "I called you, you told me you didn't invite me. Mark! I was stranded for twenty four hours in a strange land. And my coming here was because of you." She poured out.
"Kim, I knew I behaved irrationaly and I should be spanked for that, but believe me, when I don't call you for days, its my job. As at when you called yesterday, we were on a case involving three kidnapped students. And immediately after tracking that down, we went immediately into breaking into a terror General's home." Mark explained calmly. "See." He raised his sweater up a bit to reveal a deep cut on his arm. "That was one of the numerous injuries I sustain every other day."
"Oh my God!" Kim moved closer to inspect the wound.
"Your coming is dangerous for my assignment here and even for you yourself. No soldier takes his wife to war. Kim, you knew all of this and yet, you were hell bent on coming down. I must confess, I am very mad at you."
"Am very sorry, you know I can't sleep well knowing fully well that you are somewhere in the cold in Africa without me." she said with a wink.
"Come in." He picked her travelling bag and collected her handbag as he led her into the house.
"A nice apartment you've got." Kim remarked as soon as they entered the hallway.
"Thanks, but how did you get this place?"
"I called your boss at the CIA, he in turn made some calls, and in the end, I got picked up in my hotel by a car from the ministry this morning which brought me here." Kim explained.
"Oh! Networking." Mark laughed.
"You can say that again."
"This is my living room." Mark said happily.
"You did this? The decor and the paintings? Handmade artworks too?" Kim asked as she moved closer to the wall. "They look fresh."
"Yeah.. A friend helped me out. Be right back. Let me drop your bags inside." with this Mark exited the living room.
Talk of the devil. Something must have caught Tina's attention, probably, the voices she was hearing or the fact that Mark spent a lot of time checking who was at the door.
She walked into the living room with an apron tied to her front and the stranger she met threw her off guard. Before she could shake it off completely, Kim had turned to look at the intruder whose reflection she saw in the glass frame.
"Hum, hi." Tina said almost stuttering.
"Hello?" Kim replied flashing her a plastic smile. "Am Kim." She said.
"Tina."

--to be continued--

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 8:07am On May 16, 2015
--continuation--
Mark returned to the living room to find his wife staring at Tina with contempt.
"Hey! Sweety, you have met already." He said as he walked over to Kim's side and held her waist.
"Sweetheart, this is Christina, a very good friend and my colleague at work." He began the introduction. "Tina, this is Kimberly, my beautiful wife that I have always talked about."
"Hey! Hey! Hey! Hold it right there." Kim cut him short.
"What?" He asked.
"Is she the one?" She asked.
"What?"
"I said is she the one?" She asked once again, this time, her voice on a high.
"What the hell are you talking about?" Mark was having none of these from his wife.
"Is she the reason why you have not been calling?" Kim asked. "Is she the one that has been occupying your mind during and after work? Mark, where did you put me?" She was starting to cry once again.
"Kim, I don't know what you are talking about."
"Why would you know what I was talking about when she is all you think of. And you claimed minor injuries kept you from calling me everyday. Did I ask you to call? When I do, did you always pickup? She has been warming your bed since when....?"
"Excuse me, you can't talk about me in that manner while am still here." Tina cuts in calmly.
Mark knew the look on both women's faces and he knew the next to come after those looks could put his new apartment on fire.
"I will talk about you anyhow I like. You are a pest to my husband. Is it because he came from America, you think he'll take you back with him? You think you can get a large chunk of money off him?" Kim asked in mockery.
"You wish. I am comfortable where I am and anytime I want to travel out of the country, I have my money." Tina replied.
"Am glad you have your own money, but stop being a sl*t. It won't take you anywhere. The bed owner is her, now fvck off and steer clear of my husband's bed."
"My appearance doesn't potray me as a sl*t. One last check at the mirror won't hurt you dear, you can check yourself and know who the sl*t is." Tina replied.
"Can you hear her calling me degrading names? Mark!"
Mark remained motionless on his feet with a forlon look on his face.
"One last advice Kim. I think the next time you find yourself in this situation, rather than attack a good samarithan who helped your husband set up his apartment to look this good which you complimented and did him some favours by driving him to and from work everyday and providing him food since he can't cook. I think the first thing you should say is THANK YOU." Tina adviced as she untied the apron on her and threw it on the nearest couch.
"Am not gonna say thank you. Saying thank you means permission to keep on with whatever you have been doing." Kim screamed. "In fact, am gonna break all these decorations and designs to show that they mean nothing to me."
"Hey! Don't you dare touch any of my things. If you don't want them anymore, I could come pick them, but nothing must happen to them, not the slightest scratch." Tina warned.
"I will pay you off. I am worth millions of dollars, I'll pay you." Kim screamed.
"Mark, see you in office tomorrow." With this Tina picked up her handbag. "My car keys." She said jingling the keys for Kim to hear before walking out of the house happily.
Happy because she was able the keep her anger in check. Happy because she didn't breakdown in tears as she would have done when Kim used the word 'sl*t' on her. And happy because she taught the Americanah some sense.

--to be continued--

2 Likes

Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by labaski(f): 10:12am On May 16, 2015
this Kim is a big time mumu. she needs to be taught a lesson.. weldone Dee.
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by adewealth027(f): 10:17am On May 16, 2015
Wow............I love Tina's maturity jare,she resemble me wella
Kim.........no worry,dem go soon kidnap u
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Nobody: 10:37am On May 16, 2015
Oh Tina! I really like your style.... U did the right thing jare.

Kim is just annoying me with her attitudes, Abi is it because she's pregnant or something?

Mark I reserve my comment ooo.

Dee! i don't know wat to say..... U are really amazing.... * Rolls eyes*

*Kisses*

Thanks for the updates.
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by ElvisGee94(m): 10:56am On May 16, 2015
KIM: Wen i said Kim is a pest somebody was against me. U can see hw Kim bhaves imaturely.. Kim needs to grow up..
MARK: Wats Mark's problem.. Y would he treat his wife like dat.. For me.. He doesnt hv any reason to live his WIFE stranded in a strange land like dat.. He needs to b flogged..
TINA: I love U to d moon joor.. Will U marry me?
GOD BLESS DEE.... AMEN
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Onemansquad(m): 11:06am On May 16, 2015
labaski:
if u ar in kim's shoe tel me u wont do thesame??
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Onemansquad(m): 11:13am On May 16, 2015
U pple should free kim jor she is jst trying to protect what is hers
and as 4 u tina stp tripping mark is married undecided
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 11:51am On May 16, 2015
Onemansquad:
U pple should free kim jor she is jst trying to protect what is hers
[b]and as 4 u tina stp tripping mark is married [b]undecided
Help me tell her o
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Shebarh(f): 12:15pm On May 16, 2015
lol....Kim i pray u don't die like d way racheal did...
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by myndd(m): 12:37pm On May 16, 2015
Shebarh:
maam abeg neva alow kim die ooo biko
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by donPhill(m): 1:18pm On May 16, 2015
adewealth027:
Wow............I love Tina's maturity jare,she resemble me wella
Kim.........no worry,dem go soon kidnap u
hmm....sure say na like Tina u be?
Tina behaved well, but I expected Kim with all her civilization to at least ask who Tina is first
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Nobody: 3:40pm On May 16, 2015
Onemansquad:

what do you think wil happen
one thing is that Kim won't pick a fight,neither Tina

Wrong,but Kim disappointed me
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by ojjp: 4:56pm On May 16, 2015
labaski:

i disagree wt u on dis. Mark has been a suspect to kim based on his backslidin attitude of callin n pickin Kim's calls.

lesson:
no matter hw busy we r, we should always set our priority ryt. d job cant b compared to his family-his soulmate, haba.

after God, ur "Honey" den every other thin follows.
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by labaski(f): 8:26pm On May 16, 2015
ojjp:

i disagree wt u on dis. Mark has been a suspect to kim based on his backslidin attitude of callin n pickin Kim's calls.

lesson:
no matter hw busy we r, we should always set our priority ryt. d job cant b compared to his family-his soulmate, haba.

Onemansquad:

if u ar in kim's shoe tel me u wont do thesame??
ojjp:

lesson:

she ought not to v fought Tina like dat. d fact dat she met a woman in ha spouse's home doesn't mean he is bedding her. not every woman thinks d right way wen being faced wt situations like dis though she's just being immature..
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Onemansquad(m): 8:54pm On May 16, 2015
prettydiva89:

one thing is that Kim won't pick a fight,neither Tina

Wrong,but Kim disappointed me
disappoint u how??
U wil do same if u ar d one
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Onemansquad(m): 8:57pm On May 16, 2015
labaski:
she ought not to v fought Tina like dat. d fact dat she met a woman in ha spouse's home doesn't mean he is bedding her. not every woman thinks d right way wen being faced wt situations like dis though she's just being immature..
is because kim is an american dats why if its lyk an african lady 9ja 2 b precise
i bet tina wil receive 2 hot slaps before she allows her to talk
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Onemansquad(m): 9:00pm On May 16, 2015
Shebarh:
are you d one dat want to kill her undecided
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by kwencypresh(f): 11:23pm On May 16, 2015
Tina thumps up jare If na me, i for gv dat America mumu hot slap
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by primquin(f): 9:58am On May 17, 2015
Kim was just too rude and for Tina, not after all those names calling, her maturity trips me big time.
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Nobody: 12:36pm On May 17, 2015
omotalkie:
Finally sha, i'd rily love it if Mark &Tina end up with each other wink
i tink Tina is Mark long lost sister.
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by ojjp: 3:08pm On May 17, 2015
tsquare29:

U r nt far frm d truth

1 Like

Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by stuff46(m): 4:28pm On May 17, 2015
If Kim should have acted like a human being when she saw her husband's soposed Mistress in his new apartment, then Tina would have labelled her a human being.

For now, I think Mike would be impressed with Tina's character so far and be forced to file a divorce and get away from that stupid garl called Kim.

Nice work Oga Dee, More Mb to your phone.

Meanwhile

Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Onemansquad(m): 4:58pm On May 17, 2015
kwencypresh:
Tina thumps up jare If na me, i for gv dat America mumu hot slap
u c wat am saying 9ja gals
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by misslambo(f): 5:06pm On May 17, 2015
Started reading dis interesting literature yesterday, άŋϑ here I am, it shows how ħąνƹ engrossed in it, more ink to your pen Dee, can't wait fr another update. Thank you fr keeping moi lonely company wt this.
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by FuroGintle(m): 5:32pm On May 17, 2015
tsquare29:
i tink xo
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by misslambo(f): 5:50pm On May 17, 2015
Pls don't let Mark's Father have Tina'ƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇ head because can't withstand Christopher losing only person he grew up with. After all, Tina is His long lost daughter if I guess ryt.
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Nobody: 7:03pm On May 17, 2015
Onemansquad:
disappoint u how?? U wil do same if u ar d one
maybe

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (112) (Reply)

"Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi / An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) / [story] My Life As A Yahoo Boy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.