Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,470 members, 7,830,363 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:22 PM

1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] - Literature (74) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] (317480 Views)

Black Monday - A Crime Fiction / "Mohammed Ali At The Ring-side, 1985" - A Poem By Wole Soyinka / The Day The Clouds Turned Red (crime Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (112) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by sammyomotola: 11:42pm On Jun 18, 2015
Adeolaa is a loser
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by ayox1(m): 5:13am On Jun 19, 2015
Daniel is a dog, I mean real dog. No shame at all....... As 4 u Adeola continue 2 deceive ur self..... Tina shld better be strong or else.
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by shankies215(f): 5:30am On Jun 19, 2015
Adeola be giving herself hope, our son kor, their son ni.....i just hope Daniel's presence at Natu won't cause drama o......watching with my sleepy Sahur eyes
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by stuff46(m): 6:28am On Jun 19, 2015
ojjp:

No pls, in dis story, no matter wht, chris shouldnt die.
Grace shouldnt b d first to die either, d plot to kill Grace should fall on an innocent person first.

Grace dieing ruins the whole story jor. Grace is the key to so many and so many things in the story!

Btw, allof una wan see blood. If Oga Dee start now, na una go beg! grin
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by stuff46(m): 6:30am On Jun 19, 2015
shankies215:
keep the holy month holy my brother, am with yhu on dis one o

You mean you will not be coming again?
Ts unfair o!!!!
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Shebarh(f): 7:14am On Jun 19, 2015
dee thumbs up!but Daniel sayin 'our son'makes him more stupid angry
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Lilyomi(f): 9:31am On Jun 19, 2015
Fear not Maggie. U wl stl get monthly allowance. I jus hope u get pregnant too. Dnt knw y I'm team Maggie. I unserstand Ade tho.
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by princessadeola(f): 9:42am On Jun 19, 2015
Weldone bros Dee
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by ojjp: 11:13am On Jun 19, 2015
Sapphire06:
Daniel is not a man @all....Eversince he has been d MD, hasn't he been saving undecided

Adeola is just like me, alwys forgivin a cheating man

BTW, thanks for the update Oga Dee and Ramadan kareem.

Really? Wht is d proof dat u always 4giv? Can u giv an instance?
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 11:14am On Jun 19, 2015
#typing#
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by stuff46(m): 11:19am On Jun 19, 2015
D9ty7:
#typing#
Waiting
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 11:21am On Jun 19, 2015
To those who have commented in the past hours/days/weeks/months I say a big thank you and a big shoutout to;
Ojjp, Onemansquad, Sapphire06, Shebarh, shankies215, ayox1, Hennyhorlah, tizblink, labaski, handie, ritzeluv, Jummy604, stuff46, lilyomi, Kwencypresh, blackmarya, Orlolahdey, Pukka36, SofiaAmrozia
If ah no mention your name, abeg no vex o.

2 Likes

Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Nobody: 11:38am On Jun 19, 2015
ojjp:

Really? Wht is d proof dat u always 4giv? Can u giv an instance?
For instance, went to my ex's place on a visit...told me he wnts to go see some1 in a jiffy and dey ended up havin s*x..I later found out, I forgave him bt he became my Ex grin

1 Like

Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Shebarh(f): 11:49am On Jun 19, 2015
D9ty7:
#typing#
still waiting
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by emmansonstronga(m): 12:03pm On Jun 19, 2015
all i comment is, what a captivating story 4rm a great writer...
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Lilyomi(f): 12:03pm On Jun 19, 2015
Sapphire06:
For instance, went to my ex's place on a visit...told me he wnts to go see some1 in a jiffy and dey ended up havin s*x..I later found out, I forgave him bt he became my Ex grin
Lol.....
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 12:07pm On Jun 19, 2015
--continuation--
The remains of the bomb blast victims were being transferred to waiting ambulances amidst tears from on lookers. Tina stood quite a distance watching as people burn beyond recognition are being moved, tears rolled down her cheeks.
"Hey!" Mark said standing beside her.
Her face lit up instantly. "Hi." She replied, but her face fell immediately she saw the sullen look on his face. "Any problem?" She asked.
"No... Nothing. I just felt I failed." He replied.
Tina was shocked to the marrow. If it wasn't for the mood in the air, she would have jumped up twice in happiness. For the first time in months, Mark was looking sober. And not only that, he admitted that he failed. Afterall, the Mark Ashimolowo of this world don't fail. Neither do they make mistakes.
"How do you mean?" Tina replied.
"I felt I was responsible for the deaths of these people." He replied pointing to the victims.
"No, you are not. You should be commended. I think I am the one who failed, because it is my duty to be there beside you and assist you. But where was I when N.A.T.U was under attack? Lagos traffic." Tina replied.
"The ones I felt for most are the two patients in the ICU." Mark said.
"The ICU?" Tina asked to be sure.
"Yeah... The intensive care. An elderly man and a young lady." He replied.
"Oh my God!" Tina gasped as tears rolled down her cheeks.
Mark looked at her in suprise, why the tears? He asked himself.
"Hey guys." Collin's greeted from behind.
Mark turned to face his boss who obviously was in tears too, but the hankie in his hand was doing justice to the freely flowing tears.
"What's wrong with her?" Collins asked with a shaky voice, much to the chagrin of Mark who couldn't place why the Director of the now-reduced-to-ruins terror agency headquarters would be in tears, when he was expected to console his crying subjects.
"Tina, is anything the matter?" Collins asked, but was even more shocked when Tina hugged him like her life depended on it.
"Nigerians have problems." Mark concluded.
"I just heard about Vannesa. Am very sorry." Tina cried.
"Its nothing. Am just glad she lived a worthy life." Collins replied, this time his tears flowing freely.
"May her soul rest in perfect peace." Tina prayed.
"Amen." The three of them chorused, even though Mark didn't know whose soul they are praying for, but he in his short stay in Nigeria had learnt to say amen to every prayers and rebuke every curse, because in 'Naija' they tend to manifest. And the last thing Nigerians want is a curse preventing a prayer from manifesting.
"The president sent his words." Collins said as he cleaned his eyes and immediately walked away.
"What's wrong with him?" Mark asked.
"He lost his sister." Tina replied.
"His sister, Vannesa?" Mark asked.
"Yeah." Tina replied.
"She is a patient in the medical wing. Wasn't she the one that tipped us about Clara killing this computer girl last month?"
"She is, but her health situation worsened last week and had since been moved to Intensive care." Tina replied.
"Oh my God! I had the chance to save her." Mark said regretably. "But guess who asked me to leave her, Collins did."
His mind flashed back to the short encounter he had with Collins inside the ICU. He remembered the strange act of Collins where he threw a small sized book at the lady just before they fled the building.
"I'll be back in a jiffy." Mark said as he walked up to Collins.
"Hey man!" He extended his hand for a handshake which Collins took. "Am sorry about your sister. Vannessa."
"Thanks man. She likely won't make it out of the ICU alive even with all the treatment. The doctors said they were buying time for her, but she'll still die. Its just painful to see her die this way. I mean, she has been on sick bed for months, enduring the pain, and instead of dying peacefully, she had to go through another round of agony. Its a pity." Collins tried to fight back tears.
"Shake it off and be a man. At a point in our lives, we will definitely loose someone close to us. A friend, a close relative, parent or even a colleague at work. All we have to do is put it behind us, no matter how difficult it may seem and forge ahead." Mark preached.
"Thanks man, I appreciate." Collins said.
"Anytime." Mark replied before walking away.
He returned to where he left Tina to find her talking to a light complexioned man in suit.
"Hey Mark! Meet Tony, I bet you have met before." Tina said.
"Yeah. The FBI guy." Mark said before walking away leaving Tony's hand hanging.
"Crazy being." Tony muttered.
Tina laughed. "That's his own way. He gave me the same attitude the first time we met."
"Tell him this is Nigeria." Tony hissed.
"So tell me. How did it happen?" Tony asked.
"I can't explain it. You know. Cos, I wasn't around when the whole thing happened." Tina replied.
"That's serious. And there are no witnesses whatsoever?" Tony asked.
"None at all." Tina replied.
"What of your boy? I heard it in the news."
"He already did his bit. He's said all he saw and we are working on his lead for now." Tina replied.
"Tina!" Collins called from afar.
Tina hurriedly walked towards her boss.
"Mobilise everybody. The ministry is sending vehicles, we are moving into the FBI headquarters for now." He instructed.
"FBI? Why?" Tina asked.
"Tina, no question. Just do as I say. Those with their personal cars can go in their car." Collins instructed.
"Right away." Tina said as she scurried away.
"And instruct all level four and above agents to wait behind." Collins shouted.
By now, the blast scene was becoming almost empty as every ambulance had left with two or more victims while onlookers have been driven far away from the scene by the stern looking men of the Nigerian Army.
"Tony, I have an assignment right now. Maybe we'll talk later if you are still around."
"Okay, but can I speak to your son, for a minute or two." He requested.
"No, you can't." A deep masculine voice replied.
A strong hand grabbed Tina's left arm and dragged her towards her car, walking past Tony in in the process.
"Mark, what's the matter?" Tina asked.
"You should leave." Mark replied.
"What? Why?"
Mark opened the door of the driver side. "You have been through a lot today alone. You should go home and rest. Moreso, Christopher is not safe. He is everywhere in the news, everyone would want to ask him question, and the terrorists are watching him right now." Mark explained.
And without struggle, Tina hopped into the car, switched on the ignition.
"I'll talk to you later." With this, she backed out of the parking lot, made a U-turn and drove out of the gate.
"Bye Madam." A soldier manning the gate said.
Tina stretched her hand to the back seat where she picked her suit and covered a sleeping Christopher with it.
Then she saw him standing beside a black Range rover sport, 2013 model. Her greatest nightmare. Daniel Martin. Immediately, she stepped on the gas and sped off, but much to her chagrin, he ran into his car and followed.

--to be continued--

2 Likes

Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 12:09pm On Jun 19, 2015
That's long enough to last us for the rest of the day. Abi?
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by labaski(f): 12:24pm On Jun 19, 2015
thanks dee, u tried but to answer ur question, no amount of updates will be enough for d day. update more if u can, otherwise, we'll just manage dis and hope u ll gv us more later.. tk cr
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Shebarh(f): 12:25pm On Jun 19, 2015
D9ty7:
ehn long enuf ke... I never belleful o..
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Onemansquad(m): 12:45pm On Jun 19, 2015
Oya lets go dia tina *dis is what we call need for speed hot pursuit*
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by m003: 12:54pm On Jun 19, 2015
Fast and furious in the. Making
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by kwencypresh(f): 1:01pm On Jun 19, 2015
haba madam
na so ur belle big?
Shebarh:
ehn long enuf ke... I never belleful o..
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by sammyomotola: 1:07pm On Jun 19, 2015
D9ty7:
oga dis wont do ooh
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Shebarh(f): 1:08pm On Jun 19, 2015
kwencypresh:
haba madam na so ur belle big?
so u don't know i v a big stomach....
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Pukka36(f): 1:33pm On Jun 19, 2015
D9ty7:
Awww,no ooh....Daniel should swerve abeg!

#TeamMark#!
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Onemansquad(m): 1:54pm On Jun 19, 2015
Pukka36:
Awww,no ooh....Daniel should swerve abeg!

#TeamMark#!
u mean daniel should swerve As in he should let go of his son undecided
#TeamDaniel we mst get chris back
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by ojjp: 2:03pm On Jun 19, 2015
Sapphire06:
Wow! Sweet 4giveness. But u tried sha, atleast u didnt fight n it shows u r principled. But If he were ur hubby nko?
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by ojjp: 2:04pm On Jun 19, 2015
Margerat should v bin pregnant for Daniel sef abi hv they bin usin mtn condom? grin

1 Like

Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by D9ty7(m): 2:06pm On Jun 19, 2015
ojjp:
Margerat should v bin pregnant for Daniel sef abi hv they bin usin mtn condom? grin
Hahahahahaha... You sef know the drill. Everywhere you go.
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by Lilyomi(f): 2:08pm On Jun 19, 2015
Mark o Mark. Does he knw Tony . Daniel shd go humble wif Tina. Even money humbles him how much more a son das a priceless gift. He chose money over his kid! Y worry da mum now? Tony I hope u r a gud man. Am I da only one who thinks Collins needed da sister dead n Mark caught him?
Re: 1985.... 1987.... 2014--[a Crime Story] by ojjp: 2:26pm On Jun 19, 2015
D9ty7:

Hahahahahaha... You sef know the drill. Everywhere you go.

Abi na. because if i were Daniel, i would use 2baba style/method. Fisherman no dey throw net for only one point in a river na. If Tina could giv him christopher, Mag can giv him christian, all na chris.
But i luv Adeola's emotional stability or big heart. Forgiveness is one of d most difficult thin.

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (112) (Reply)

"Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi / An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) / [story] My Life As A Yahoo Boy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.