Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,308 members, 7,819,049 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:33 AM

I Am In Dilemma, Do We Relocate To Canada Or Stay Back - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Am In Dilemma, Do We Relocate To Canada Or Stay Back (68663 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am In Dilemma, Do We Relocate To Canada Or Stay Back by esere826: 9:54am On Feb 28, 2015
irridemi:
Hello Nairalanders, Please I need ur advise. Am currently 2months pregnant, and My husband is thinking of us relocating to Canada. I currently work in the bank while my husband is into Forex and Securities Trading Business. We were doing averagely okay until last year when business started shaking, my husband has lost a lot and now he is thinking of us relocating to Canada to start afresh. If I resign and we sell our properties, and the little savings we have should be enough to sponsor him for a Postgraduate Course (2years), while I follow him as his wife ( then I get a job), he wants this option cos am a professional and I have good work experience. Option 2 is for me to do a post graduate course and he accompanies me (mayb I will get a good job fast cos of my qualifications). if I wait till we have our baby, the expenses will be much(I.e the financial requirement for the visa). My hubby's uncle is ready to assist us, but my husband doesn't want to take the risk of investing in business again. He has Sasacheskwan or Toronto in mind. I will really appreciate advise thanks

Option 1: He goes for his studies (and tries to find part time job) while you remain in Nigeria working and supporting him. Later, you take leave from your job, join your husband born your pikin for Canada

Option 2: You take study leave in Nigeria and go to Canada to study while he he looks for work in Canada that does not require experience for the main time. As the man, it's better that he bears the work stress during uncertain times. Also remember that you go don born by the end of this year. How u wan take work with small pikin?

Experience doesn't always count for all skill types when changing countries.
Believe me, even Aig-imokhuede of Access bank might not be given a senior management position at a bank in Canada

5 Likes

Re: I Am In Dilemma, Do We Relocate To Canada Or Stay Back by Nobody: 9:54am On Feb 28, 2015
You are the only sensible man here.
kingpin4real:
Nigeria wil always be a beta place becou no much tax
Re: I Am In Dilemma, Do We Relocate To Canada Or Stay Back by sukkot: 9:56am On Feb 28, 2015
solomonwis:

Quoting from the above:

i can see your flawed way of thinking already

1. ( even if it is face me i face you ) and thats all a man needs in life. food clothing and shelter

2. drive a small golf car instead of a benzo or bmw. the problem with nigerians is their ostentatious tendencies. this is what causes the discomfort in society at large.

3.the problem is the rich people flaunting their wealth in their faces because no matter the poverty in nigeria, there is always food clothing and shelter

Bro,you've lost touch with the reality at home,please come back home grin grin grin
and what is the reality at home ? i implore you to take a trip to california or chicago and you will see up to 1 million homeless people living on the streets. homelessness in america is up to 50 million people. people are living in bushes called tent cities. you never jam at all. you think the condition in nigeria is bad ? take a trip to wilson and clarendon in chicago every evening and you will see thousands of hungry men queuing for bread and soup from salvation army trucks. this is the only food they will eat for the day. A POOR MAN IN NIGERIA WILL WACK HEAVY EBA WITH ALL KINDS OF MEAT AND DRINK FANTA. THATS LUXURY.Lmao. you are the one who dont know the conditions all over the world. you are still watching p diddy on youtube thinking america is a bed of roses grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5-cKTCU-QQ

5 Likes

Re: I Am In Dilemma, Do We Relocate To Canada Or Stay Back by Nobody: 9:59am On Feb 28, 2015
correct advice,i hope she hear?
lighternote:
Hmmmmm!!! It is only a child that will tell you to quit ur job and run to Canada to face uncertainties. The ensuing tension and depression may crack ur relationship if care isn't taken. Pls, pls, my advice;
1. Let him go over to Canada for further studies while u stay back and face ur job. I know you will miss him but stay put with ur pregnancy and ur job, it is all for a while.
2. Let him make plans for inviting you over during your maternity leave (if possible take ur leave early enough before u look too bloated) so that u can ve ur baby over there and gain citizenship.
3. Come back to Nigeria joor and nurse ur baby and go back to ur God given job.
4. while doing all these, you allow him time to find his feet, settle accommodation and other provisions before you join him kpatakpata!
It isn't easy at all abroad especially ab initio.
It would ve bn easier if there's no forthcoming baby. As it is now, going to Canada without enough money and good job waiting while losing ur naija job is tantamount to small suicide. Take calculated risks. There is no midas touch anywhere, it takes a while to permeate the system.[color=#990000][/color]

1 Like

Re: I Am In Dilemma, Do We Relocate To Canada Or Stay Back by shawndhabi: 10:06am On Feb 28, 2015
[quote author=sukkot post=31162278] and what is the reality at home ? i implore you to take a trip to california or chicago and you will see up to 1 million homeless people living on the streets. homelessness in america is up to 50 million people. people are living in bushes called tent cities. you never jam at all. you think the condition in nigeria is bad ? take a trip to wilson and clarendon in chicago every evening and you will see thousands of hungry men queuing for bread and soup from salvation army trucks. this is the only food they will eat for the day. A POOR MAN IN NIGERIA WILL WACK HEAVY EBA WITH ALL KINDS OF MEAT AND DRINK FANTA. THATS LUXURY.Lmao. you are the one who dont know the conditions all over the world. you are still watching p diddy on youtube thinking america is a bed of roses grin

Bullcrap.... I have lived in Canada and currently living in US..... Better than Nigeria any day anytime... It's the lazy ones that will always suffer so please stop saying crap here.... I spit on Nigeria and Africa generally....Mschewwww

3 Likes

Re: I Am In Dilemma, Do We Relocate To Canada Or Stay Back by solomonwis(m): 10:06am On Feb 28, 2015
sukkot:
and what is the reality at home ? i implore you to take a trip to california or chicago and you will see up to 1 million homeless people living on the streets. homelessness in america is up to 50 million people. people are living in bushes called tent cities. you never jam at all. you think the condition in nigeria is bad ? take a trip to wilson and clarendon in chicago every evening and you will see thousands of hungry men queuing for bread and soup from salvation army trucks. this is the only food they will eat for the day. A POOR MAN IN NIGERIA WILL WACK HEAVY EBA WITH ALL KINDS OF MEAT AND DRINK FANTA. THATS LUXURY.Lmao. you are the one who dont know the conditions all over the world. you are still watching p diddy on youtube thinking america is a bed of roses grin

Back to economics!

What is the life expectancy ratio in United States of America (including California,Chicago,Wilson,Clarendon, and so on and so forth cheesy) and the life expectancy ratio in Nigeria even with "wacking heavy eba with all kinds of meat with Fanta"?

We don't even have electricity to know if Pdiddy exist or not! We are comfortable seeing our P-square, Don-Jazzy and so on and so forth.

Did you say Youtube? internet is not beans here except of course you go for internet (data) cheat - The effect of stealing to stupor by the political class and so called business men!

No one can tell you the reality better than coming home. Leave obodo oyinbo,come hia come wack heavy eba plus Fanta. You will realize Khacki is not leather.... grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: I Am In Dilemma, Do We Relocate To Canada Or Stay Back by shawndhabi: 10:07am On Feb 28, 2015
Bullcrap.... I have lived in Canada and currently living in US..... Better than Nigeria any day anytime... It's the lazy ones that will always suffer so please stop saying crap here.... I spit on Nigeria and Africa generally....Mschewwww

2 Likes

Re: I Am In Dilemma, Do We Relocate To Canada Or Stay Back by sukkot: 10:10am On Feb 28, 2015
[quote author=shawndhabi post=31162521][/quote] some people would say you were the lazy one in nigeria who had to run away because you couldnt make it in the same nigeria that whites and arabs and chinese are rushing into and making serious money. see how the finger you are pointing is pointing backwards at you ? same nigeria where the chineses and arabs are breaking their necks to immigrate to, you ran out of. does that mean you are lazy and mentally slow ? wink

2 Likes

Re: I Am In Dilemma, Do We Relocate To Canada Or Stay Back by shawndhabi: 10:16am On Feb 28, 2015
sukkot:
some people would say you were the lazy one in nigeria who had to run away because you couldnt make it in the same nigeria that whites and arabs and chinese are rushing into and making serious money. see how the finger you are pointing is pointing backwards at you ? same nigeria where the chineses and arabs are breaking their necks to immigrate to, you ran out of. does that mean you are lazy and mentally slow ? wink

Haha...i think you should take a visit to my bar in Lekki. You should worry about yourself not someone else,lol... ... I would rather be a millionaire and live in US than be a billionaire and live in Africa.... You prefer a country were you can evade tax,lol... oh God forgive these blacks for they do not know they are nothing but monkeys... The sooner you realise this, the faster you would become a better person....

3 Likes

Re: I Am In Dilemma, Do We Relocate To Canada Or Stay Back by sukkot: 10:16am On Feb 28, 2015
solomonwis:

Back to economics!

What is the life expectancy ratio in United States of America (including California,Chicago,Wilson,Clarendon, and so on and so forth cheesy) and the life expectancy ratio in Nigeria even with "wacking heavy eba with all kinds of meat with Fanta"?

We don't even have electricity to know if Pdiddy exist or not! We are comfortable seeing our P-square, Don-Jazzy and so on and so forth.

Did you say Youtube? internet is not beans here except of course you go for internet (data) cheat - The effect of stealing to stupor by the political class and so called business men!

No one can tell you the reality better than coming home. Leave obodo oyinbo,come hia come wack heavy eba plus Fanta. You will realize Khacki is not leather.... grin grin grin grin
i think you suffer from a case of THE GRASS IS GREENER ON THE OTHER SIDE. listen, let me whisper a secret to you. and make sure you dont tell anyone. ALL THOSE NIGERIANS WHO THOUGHT THEIR LIVES SUCKED BACK IN NIGERIA, I ENCOUNTER THEM ALL THE TIME AND THEY WISHED THEY NEVER LEFT NIGERIA. THEY SAY THEY DID NOT KNOW HOW GOOD THEY HAD IT IN NIGERIA EVEN WITH LITTLE INFRASTRUCTURE. see it is a case of NOT KNOWING WHAT YOU HAVE UNTIL YOU LOSE IT. thats the problem. and so many are returning home now grin grin

5 Likes

Re: I Am In Dilemma, Do We Relocate To Canada Or Stay Back by sukkot: 10:19am On Feb 28, 2015
shawndhabi:

Haha...i think you should take a visit to my bar in Lekki. You should worry about yourself not someone else,lol... ... I would rather be a millionaire and live in US than be a billionaire and live in Africa.... You prefer a country were you can evade tax,lol... oh God forgive these blacks for they do not know they are nothing but monkeys... The sooner you realise this, the faster you would become a better person....
if you had a bar in lekki you would never relocate to the US. you would go to the US for holidays or to shop but you would not relocate wink

2 Likes

Re: I Am In Dilemma, Do We Relocate To Canada Or Stay Back by Olaone1: 10:20am On Feb 28, 2015
esere826:

Believe me, even Aig-imokhuede of Access bank might not be given a senior management position at a bank in Canada

it is not a case of "might".

HE WILL NOT!

6 Likes

Re: I Am In Dilemma, Do We Relocate To Canada Or Stay Back by solomonwis(m): 10:23am On Feb 28, 2015
sukkot:
i think you suffer from a case of THE GRASS IS GREENER ON THE OTHER SIDE. listen, let me whisper a secret to you. and make sure you dont tell anyone. ALL THOSE NIGERIANS WHO THOUGHT THEIR LIVES SUCKED BACK IN NIGERIA, I ENCOUNTER THEM ALL THE TIME AND THEY WISHED THEY NEVER LEFT NIGERIA. THEY SAY THEY DID NOT KNOW HOW GOOD THEY HAD IT IN NIGERIA EVEN WITH LITTLE INFRASTRUCTURE. see it is a case of NOT KNOWING WHAT YOU HAVE UNTIL YOU LOSE IT. thats the problem. and so many are returning home now grin grin

Show me the company you keep, I'd tell you how lazy/hardworking you are!

Why are you always in contact with extremely poor Nigerians outside Nigeria? Are you into some humanitarian business? Wait, you play basketball, you have something to do with the NBA right? Help me understand what's amiss...

Nigerians are doing well both home and abroad and some Nigerians are doing very badly both home and abroad.....To each his own!

Find "home" wherever and make it your place of abode......Solomonwis.

5 Likes

Re: I Am In Dilemma, Do We Relocate To Canada Or Stay Back by Olaone1: 10:25am On Feb 28, 2015
We are not saying that Canada is bad or not conducive. In fact, it is better than what at least 80% of Nigerians in Nigeria have at present.

But, for a lady with a good job - in a good profession; with properties here and there, what does she really want again?

She is already doing well in Nigeria. Visiting is not a bad idea for now. But, selling your properties for some intangible Eldorado/unreal expectation? nah..nah...nah!

If you are not doing well in Naija, please go and you will not regret it

1 Like

Re: I Am In Dilemma, Do We Relocate To Canada Or Stay Back by Nobody: 10:27am On Feb 28, 2015
Has anyone told you how cold the colder regions of Canada are?

There is a reason why for nearly 100 years of existence it is still mostly uninhabited. You pour water out of a cup in winter and it freezes before hitting the ground.

Try the US if you can get a visa. The F1 visa permits you to work while you school. If you doing any of the STEM courses, your chances of staying back are better.

The reason why several persons complained about your husband's nature of job is simple. FOREX trading especially in Nigeria is fickle. Let him not get you to throw your all into a pursuit of his choice at the expense of an uncertain (with chances of deportation if things don't work out) future. I have done banking. I have done FOREX. I live on two continents. So this is from an experienced view point.

You need to have concrete expenses for 6-12 months after all other expenses like Tuition and child birth. So the 20k large ones are essential. Also don't consider selling your assets to send only him. He will follow other women and probably marry them cos that will be the easiest route to citizenship for him.

Let him get a real job in Nigeria and work/save for at least one year before you consider moving. But by any means go abroad and have your baby and give them a future with options.

5 Likes

Re: I Am In Dilemma, Do We Relocate To Canada Or Stay Back by sukkot: 10:34am On Feb 28, 2015
solomonwis:

Show me the company you keep, I'd tell you how lazy/hardworking you are!

Why are you always in contact with extremely poor Nigerians outside Nigeria? Are you into some humanitarian business? Wait, you play basketball, you have something to do with the NBA right? Help me understand what's amiss...

Nigerians are doing well both home and abroad and some Nigerians are doing very badly both home and abroad.....To each his own!

Find "home" wherever and make it your place of abode......Solomonwis.

[b]you miss the point. these are not poor nigerians. they are upper middle class to middle class. however if you have grown up in nigeria past a certain age, ill say about the age of 20, before you leave for abroad, it is a spiritual culture shock that you can never understand. people miss the familiarity of culture and foods and the parties and celebrations and the atmosphere. over here it is a sterile atmosphere and you are supposed to be quiet and subtle at all times. if you speak a little loud people frown at you. you are supposed to be sterile, quiet, composed. you are not allowed to show too much emotions here or you can be arrested and taken for mental evaluation. and when you walk you are supposed to walk with a sense of purpose or you will be arrested for suspicious activities. see you dont understand. when you have lived in a vibrant and exuberant atmosphere like nigeria, it is very hard for you to be spiritually satisfied in the west. it is not a monetary thing. it is spiritual and cultural. let me give you an example. this indian man came to america a few days ago to help his son take care of his grandson. he thought he was still in india. he came out of the house and was walking around the neighborhood with no sense of purpose, just relaxing admiring the houses etc. well people called police on him. the police came and beat him up and paralyzed him. this is what people miss about their home countries. the video of the indian man is below[/b]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmhJjKia2TY

2 Likes

Re: I Am In Dilemma, Do We Relocate To Canada Or Stay Back by solomonwis(m): 10:45am On Feb 28, 2015
sukkot:
[b]you miss the point. these are not poor nigerians. they are upper middle class to middle class. however if you have grown up in nigeria past a certain age, ill say about the age of 20, before you leave for abroad, it is a spiritual culture shock that you can never understand. people miss the familiarity of culture and foods and the parties and celebrations and the atmosphere. over here it is a sterile atmosphere and you are supposed to be quiet and subtle at all times. if you speak a little loud people frown at you. you are supposed to be sterile, quiet, composed. you are not allowed to show too much emotions here or you can be arrested and taken for mental evaluation. and when you walk you are supposed to walk with a sense of purpose or you will be arrested for suspicious activities. see you dont understand. when you have lived in a vibrant and exuberant atmosphere like nigeria, it is very hard for you to be spiritually satisfied in the west. it is not a monetary thing. it is spiritual and cultural. let me give you an example. this indian man came to america a few days ago to help his son take care of his grandson. he thought he was still in india. he came out of the house and was walking around the neighborhood with no sense of purpose, just relaxing admiring the houses etc. well people called police on him. the police came and beat him up and paralyzed him. this is what people miss about their home countries. the video of the indian man is below[/b]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmhJjKia2TY

Bro, this could have happened anywhere even in India.

Shock is part of life. It could be cultural shock (and this knows no boundary neither does it understand mileage/distance), organisational shock, whatever shock it is. Don't misinterpret what fate brings to what moving to another country brings.

The sad reality is so many people are spiritually and culturally detached from Nigeria. How many people do you see in traditional attire on the streets of Nigeria? Even our pastors no longer put on the cassock and robes, they put on the most expensive suites, jackets from the western,advanced nations!

Many people are already spiritually and culturally living outside Nigeria but physically in there....

6 Likes

Re: I Am In Dilemma, Do We Relocate To Canada Or Stay Back by Nobody: 10:47am On Feb 28, 2015
Another good one.[quote author=raayah post=31151543][/quote]
Re: I Am In Dilemma, Do We Relocate To Canada Or Stay Back by sukkot: 10:50am On Feb 28, 2015
solomonwis:

Bro, this could have happened anywhere even in India.

Shock is part of life. It could be cultural shock (and this knows no boundary neither does it understand mileage/distance), organisational shock, whatever shock it is. Don't misinterpret what fate brings to what moving to another country brings.

The sad reality is so many people are spiritually and culturally detached from Nigeria. How many people do you see in traditional attire on the streets of Nigeria? Even our pastors no longer put on the cassock and robes, they put on the most expensive suites, jackets from the western,advanced nations!

Many people are already spiritually and culturally living outside Nigeria but physically in there....
am not talking about peoples attires. am saying white people are robotic and expect everyone to be robotic or else you will have a hard time. you have to kill your exuberant spirit to fit in . you have to be stiff and wooden. but i guess you wouldnt understand because i dont think you have lived abroad before. now me myself ? i have never had a problem adapting to this way of life because i was born here and i am naturally a subtle person and i try to be as sophisticated as i can be. thats my nature. however as i get older i yearn for a culture where people express themselves more. where people can express their spirituality. this why i am returning to naija. wink

2 Likes

Re: I Am In Dilemma, Do We Relocate To Canada Or Stay Back by ttmacoy: 10:51am On Feb 28, 2015
Re: I Am In Dilemma, Do We Relocate To Canada Or Stay Back by Nobody: 10:52am On Feb 28, 2015
Great advice too,iredemi hear o,we abroad people are speaking,you dnt regret until you leave that green naija.
cachilike12:
I am really not too clear of what your questions are? But Sincerely speaking Nigeria is best for anyone that has a foundation. All you need do is put in more effort towards trying to Re-establish because life is free and easy in Nigeria. However, if you guys decide to come to Canada then you must put certain things into consideration.
First, that regardless of whatever qualification you have, you just have to start life afresh like a hustler. By that I mean do certain menial job for survival pending when you or your husband put in place certain requirement to get a better job. Example, skill training, vocational and academic training that will at least give you an opportunity to fit into public offices. That is if your God is still with you guys.

Secondly, finance is of great importance pending when you start making income here. However, the good thing is as a student you are allowed to work 20hrs school time and 40hrs when on class break. On the average you will be paying $1000 for rent a month and about $300-400 for feeding at home. Extra $200 for other minus expense. For convenient you need a car, which can be purchased based on choice from at least $1000 and pay monthly insurance of about $200. Please try to get a Nigeria insurance before coming as that will help you a little to be allowed to go for a higher class of driver's license which enable you to drive with a road test conducted.

Thirdly, Saskatchewan is known to be a place for aboriginal with less job opportunities.

Fourthly, I will not advise Toronto for certain reasons, because is full of immigrants and people easily influence and can a times get into trouble trying to mix with certain few. However, it a place where things goes. Considering people with mix culture. Let's say the Lagos of Canada. You can find certain help in Toronto, but if you have your cash I really don't see the need of people, as there problem might be more than the help you get.

Fifth, you or your husband after studies of two years will have to wait to get jobs in certain field and position for three years before given a permanent residence,which now enables the other to sponsor either of you. As for your child once born in Canada. He/she becomes a citizen but has no place in you guys staying in Canada. As you or your husband will be inadmissible to Canada the moment you stop school without completion of your program or you guys go into full time work. That becomes a problem!

Lastly, my advice will be for you guys to get skilled in certain field and move to Alberta province which comprise of Edmonton and Calgary they seems to be lots of jobs there and tuition are around 7-8k per semester. However, much more colder than all other province. But that's why there are jobs and pay well.

Wish you guys the very best in your quest in these did difficult moment of you guys life.

CAC from Toronto.

1 Like

Re: I Am In Dilemma, Do We Relocate To Canada Or Stay Back by solomonwis(m): 11:02am On Feb 28, 2015
sukkot:
am not talking about peoples attires. am saying white people are robotic and expect everyone to be robotic or else you will have a hard time. you have to kill your exuberant spirit to fit in . you have to be stiff and wooden. but i guess you wouldnt understand because i dont think you have lived abroad before. now me myself ? i have never had a problem adapting to this way of life because i was born here and i am naturally a subtle person and i try to be as sophisticated as i can be. thats my nature. however as i get older i yearn for a culture where people express themselves more. where people can express their spirituality. this why i am returning to naija. wink

You will be received with open arms but make sure you don't join the bandwagon.

It all boils down to the same thing, you got tired of "home" abroad and you find "home" in Nigeria suitable, that's why you are returning (not returned) to naija. To some other, they got tired of "home" in Nigeria and they find "home" abroad suitable - To each his own!

To look back and condemn the same place that was magnanimous enough to accommodate you for the period that you were in there isn't fair!

3 Likes

Re: I Am In Dilemma, Do We Relocate To Canada Or Stay Back by RaptorX: 11:05am On Feb 28, 2015
sukkot:
You returning to Nigeria for real? grin

1 Like

Re: I Am In Dilemma, Do We Relocate To Canada Or Stay Back by emitheo(m): 11:05am On Feb 28, 2015
u know wat eh? y not just stay in this our beloved country naija & try to make things work out..
'sides,whoever says abroad is a land of 'milk & honey?'
Re: I Am In Dilemma, Do We Relocate To Canada Or Stay Back by Nobody: 11:28am On Feb 28, 2015
danmike1:
Has anyone told you how cold the colder regions of Canada are?

There is a reason why for nearly 100 years of existence it is still mostly uninhabited. You pour water out of a cup in winter and it freezes before hitting the ground.

Try the US if you can get a visa. The F1 visa permits you to work while you school. If you doing any of the STEM courses, your chances of staying back are better.

The reason why several persons complained about your husband's nature of job is simple. FOREX trading especially in Nigeria is fickle. Let him not get you to throw your all into a pursuit of his choice at the expense of an uncertain (with chances of deportation if things don't work out) future. I have done banking. I have done FOREX. I live on two continents. So this is from an experienced view point.

You need to have concrete expenses for 6-12 months after all other expenses like Tuition and child birth. So the 20k large ones are essential. Also don't consider selling your assets to send only him. He will follow other women and probably marry them cos that will be the easiest route to citizenship for him.

Let him get a real job in Nigeria and work/save for at least one year before you consider moving. But by any means go abroad and have your baby and give them a future with options.
Thanks for the advise

2 Likes

Re: I Am In Dilemma, Do We Relocate To Canada Or Stay Back by ttmacoy: 11:34am On Feb 28, 2015
That's in the assumption that every Nigerian in Canada is only interested in money / material things.

Some people just want peace of mind and a stable good life in an environment that works.

I don't live in Canada but I know many Nigerians with very good jobs in the UK and US, and giving them a house in Nigeria will not really move them. Having a house for rent in Nigeria doesn't still mean stability as we know a the wahala with managing tenants in Nigeria and the hypertension that comes with it.

I agree with your point about the vibe, if you don't feel the place the it makes sense not to stay, but I disagree that you have to return to Nigeria to make it. You can make it anywhere in the world, and I will also say In Places like the US, Canada etc there is a lot more opportunity to make it as a professional based on what you bring to the table and not who you know.

I know people in jobs in Nigeria e.g. at glo or banks who hate the job but cannot leave because they got the job through one uncle and have no connection to move to another company.

I always get people telling me about coming back to Nigeria and while it is something I consider for the future, I also notice the only advantage they can tell me is you can make money easily. That's it, just money, but they don't mention there is also a huge chance of not making hour so called money.

And besides this money making is so volatile in Nigeria. Because you hit it by knowing one politician this year doesn't mean next year you will still make it.

Some people are more concerned with being context, fulfilled, happy and healthy rather than chance to hit money but so much stress.

sukkot:
brother, you and i know that if you poll 10,000 nigerians in canada and give them this option. you can either remain in canada or you can pack your bags tomorrow and return to nigeria and when you get to nigeria we will have 2 houses signed over to you as your property. the 2 houses are a gift to you for returning home. one of the houses you live in with your family and the other you use for rent to feed yourself. you and i know all 10,000 nigerians in canada will be on the next flight smoking out of canada back to nigeria. you and i know this if we are going to be truthful with ourselves. now this woman and her husband have properties and they are trying to sell it to go to canada . does that make sense to you ? lmao. really ?

5 Likes

Re: I Am In Dilemma, Do We Relocate To Canada Or Stay Back by Nobody: 11:58am On Feb 28, 2015
Sunnybobo3:

If you have a good paying job in Nigeria and your husband insists on the family relocating, I would suggest he goes alone initially and you can join him when he finds his feet. It's never an easy task when the whole family relocates and could sometimes lead to depression and even unnecessary friction between the couple.

plan 2, if you are qualified to get study leave from your place of work, you can get that and go for the PG studies yourself while he accompanies you as your spouse. After your studies, you can then try to get a good job and if it doesn't work out as planned, you can always go back to your job in Nigeria.

This is my humble logomachy (apologies to Obahiagbon)
this comment deserves an award

1 Like

Re: I Am In Dilemma, Do We Relocate To Canada Or Stay Back by Awoofawo(m): 12:03pm On Feb 28, 2015
You are lucky that he even want to take you along; some men will not even tell you when they going. I knew someone who left his wife and two children behind in Nigeria for over 18years now with the usual promise (I will arrange for you to join me soon) Only for him to end up marrying oyinbo!

Dear made sure he didn't leave you behind o! Start packing your luggy and baggy now, so as not to hear story that could touch heart later....

irridemi:
. Thank you, I don't mind following my husband anywhere but am just confused on the best option, that's why am asking for advise, people who av been in this situation b4, people who have relocated to canada with their family members(using study permit). I forgot to add my sis in law is in Vancouver studying too. I just don't want him to be frustrated, he really wants out but he doesn't want to leave me behind.

1 Like

Re: I Am In Dilemma, Do We Relocate To Canada Or Stay Back by ttmacoy: 12:12pm On Feb 28, 2015
Re: I Am In Dilemma, Do We Relocate To Canada Or Stay Back by Nobody: 12:16pm On Feb 28, 2015
Awoofawo:
You are lucky that he even want to take you along; some men will not even tell you when they going. I knew someone who left his wife and two children behind in Nigeria for over 18years now with the usual promise (I will arrange for you to join me soon) Only for him to end up marrying oyinbo!

Dear made sure he didn't leave you behind o! Start packing your luggy and baggy now, so as not to hear story that could touch heart later....

that's why am not discouraging him totally but also trying to reason out the best option. He doesn't want to leave me behind at all!!!, he believes we should go and do all together. He grew up in a home where the dad spent so many years away (although in an african country), that's why he doesn't believe in distant marriage at all even if its 6months lol.

4 Likes

Re: I Am In Dilemma, Do We Relocate To Canada Or Stay Back by Nobody: 12:16pm On Feb 28, 2015
Osahon7:
this comment deserves an award
yes it does. Thank u to the writer

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply)

4 Beautiful Places You Should Visit In Africa In Your Lifetime / Inside Aksaray Underground Market Where Nigerians Buy Food In Turkey / Shocking: Popular Cities That Are Not Capitals Of Their Countries.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.