Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,157 members, 7,815,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:32 AM

What Do Ladies Mean By Saying, "Take Me As I Am"? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Do Ladies Mean By Saying, "Take Me As I Am"? (23064 Views)

What Do Ladies Mean With This Phrase??? / What Does My Neighbour's Wife Mean By This? / 7 Things Ladies Mean When They Say, "I Need A God Fearing Man For A Partner" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do Ladies Mean By Saying, "Take Me As I Am"? by Nobody: 9:20am On Feb 27, 2015
ayogabriel:

At all, its above your pay grade, and it doesn't make any difference, you can drown in your own thought dear brother.

I'm sorry if I wasn't sensitive enough.

Your story is just the same reason I and my ex went separate ways...

She said, " She is scared of our relationship because that's what her ex did to her"

She has "tagged" me as one who will hurt her as her exes... Did I strike a cord?

Why are you angry BTW, it's morning smiley
Re: What Do Ladies Mean By Saying, "Take Me As I Am"? by pinkhill(f): 9:25am On Feb 27, 2015
well my earlier comment was about physical appearance but for the examples you highlighted as untrue as it may sound some wives learned how to cook in their husbands' house either they were sent to schools or hired someone or the husband himself.....now talking about ones imperfection varies in different aspect of ones life....that is were true love is put to test not lust oooo
emusmith:

No one one is Perfect. We know that already.

Capitalizing on it... For instance...

1. She lies to you and tell you to take her as she is.

2. She cheats on you and says the same.

3. She has little or no culinary skills and keeps saying that- No o, go and learn abeg. That's a Lazy girl talking.

undecided
Re: What Do Ladies Mean By Saying, "Take Me As I Am"? by Nobody: 9:26am On Feb 27, 2015
ayogabriel:

But will she accept her prospectus bf or suitors the way they are? Left to me, I think if we are willing to spend the rest of your life with someone, we should be ready to change what we don't like about each other. That's my take .

Beautiful... So beautiful... A girlfriend of mine once said, " LOVE changes people". If it's Real Love o, it must automatically change you.

It changed me too. Ok, let me share...cheesy

When we swallow eba together, she doesn't like me putting my hand back in the water ( even when the eba is so hot)

That was my flaw! I grew up that way.

I had to change and endure for her.

I still find it difficult (even if I'm eating alone) doing that undecided

1 Like

Re: What Do Ladies Mean By Saying, "Take Me As I Am"? by Nobody: 9:31am On Feb 27, 2015
pinkhill:
well my earlier comment was about physical appearance but for the examples you highlighted as untrue as it may sound some wives learned how to cook in their husbands' house either they were sent to schools or hired someone or the husband himself.....now talking about ones imperfection varies in different aspect of ones life....that is were true love is put to test not lust oooo

Why must you learn in his house? Is it a sign of a domesticated girl or a "flexing" girl?

She should learn before entering. I know of marriages going through hitches because of this...She can't cook; he eats out; they quarrel.

Besides: My points are from real life stories.

1 Like

Re: What Do Ladies Mean By Saying, "Take Me As I Am"? by ayogabriel(m): 9:36am On Feb 27, 2015
emusmith:

Beautiful... So beautiful... A girlfriend of mine once said, " LOVE changes people". If it's Real Love o, it must automatically change you.

It changed me too. Ok, let me share...cheesy

When we swallow eba together, she doesn't like me putting my hand back in the water ( even when the eba is so hot)

That was my flaw! I grew up that way.

I had to change and endure for her.

I still find it difficult (even if I'm eating alone) doing that undecided

Am really happy for you bro, that's the way it should be, and in this girl's case, I feel she should anticipate what the guy will like and do it. If someone say something bad about me once, I may not or never take it serious, but when a 3rd party make mention of it, I put it in my to-do list immediately. That's how I feel it should be. Be what you want to see in others. @lol at the eba and water.
Re: What Do Ladies Mean By Saying, "Take Me As I Am"? by amareto: 9:39am On Feb 27, 2015
No mind her,, when she grow reach 40 for house she go learn how to smile.
Take me as i am koo, take me from behind ni.. Nansense!
Re: What Do Ladies Mean By Saying, "Take Me As I Am"? by ayogabriel(m): 9:46am On Feb 27, 2015
emusmith:

I'm sorry if I wasn't sensitive enough.

Your story is just the same reason I and my ex went separate ways...

She said, " She is scared of our relationship because that's what her ex did to her"

She has "tagged" me as one who will hurt her as her exes... Did I strike a cord?

Why are you angry BTW, it's morning smiley

Lol naa am not angry I was only using what the chinese call tai-chi, using some ones offense against him. It wasn't what you think, imagine having a gf that does things without letting her so called bf know about it. *

Me:PING!!! Good evening dear
she: Sup
Me: ??
She: sorry dear, am just coming down from the bus
Me: where are you upto
She: am in abuja
Me: Na wa oo, when did u get to abj, we still spoke yesternight, and u didn't say anything about that
She: am sorry jare, I didn't plan for it.

Now u see this conversation, has happen several times, she even started working some where and I got to know, 2days after. She kept changing dps in office, curiosity
Me: who are u visiting everyday
She: sorry I forgot to tell u I started 2days ago.

Now am sure u getting my point. A gf that doesn't carry you along, who doesn't listen about a particular thing her supposed bf is blabbing about.

Dating for over a year and doesn't even know the names of my 2 brothers.

Well that's among all.
Re: What Do Ladies Mean By Saying, "Take Me As I Am"? by pinkhill(f): 9:48am On Feb 27, 2015
so are mine
emusmith:

Why must you learn in his house? Is it a sign of a domesticated girl or a "flexing" girl?

She should learn before entering. I know of marriages going through hitches because of this...She can't cook; he eats out; they quarrel.

Besides: My points are from real life stories.
Re: What Do Ladies Mean By Saying, "Take Me As I Am"? by ayogabriel(m): 9:52am On Feb 27, 2015
ronald4lif:
Hmmm

I think any lady that says such is trying to convey a certain message, that she might not be your first choice, but she's a great choice. She doesn't pretend to be someone she is not, because she's good at being her. She might not be proud of some of the things she did in the past, but she's proud of who she is today. She may not be perfect, but she doesn't need to be. That you should take her as she is or watch her walk away. Practically, look beyond her shortcomings and embrace her strengths.

As for a lady taking a broke guy as he is; tough tough one. Every one wants financial security, comfort and a better life. The over 7billion people worldwide are exploring ways to better their lives. So to expect someone, male or female, to consider a man who can't guarantee her at least the basic needs of life is not an easy one, especially when she knows she has the abilities to attract someone better.

The take me as I am phrase hardly comes in play in men's part, it's more about the women. And even if it does, not in the monetary aspect of it. Nobody or to be subtle very few people are ready to put up with hardship and only money keeps hardship at length

I totally agree with you, but say the truth, what's the % of you talking to a girl that hardly smile, most time our facial expression, our outer looks sometimes buttress what's inside.

2 Likes

Re: What Do Ladies Mean By Saying, "Take Me As I Am"? by Nobody: 10:24am On Feb 27, 2015
pinkhill:
so are mine

I'm all ears cheesy
Re: What Do Ladies Mean By Saying, "Take Me As I Am"? by Nobody: 10:27am On Feb 27, 2015
ayogabriel:

Am really happy for you bro, that's the way it should be, and in this girl's case, I feel she should anticipate what the guy will like and do it. If someone say something bad about me once, I may not or never take it serious, but when a 3rd party make mention of it, I put it in my to-do list immediately. That's how I feel it should be. Be what you want to see in others. @lol at the eba and water.

Thanks bro grin

Me, if someone corrects me once, I may reply but after that, I feel terrible inside.

I try not to repeat it.

Relationships are very important to us. None is irrelevant smiley
Re: What Do Ladies Mean By Saying, "Take Me As I Am"? by Nobody: 10:31am On Feb 27, 2015
ayogabriel:

Lol naa am not angry I was only using what the chinese call tai-chi, using some ones offense against him. It wasn't what you think, imagine having a gf that does things without letting her so called bf know about it. *

Me: Na wa oo, when did u get to abj, we still spoke yesternight, and u didn't say anything about that

Now u see this conversation, has happen several times, she even started working some where and I got to know, 2days after. She kept changing dps in office, curiosity

Now am sure u getting my point. A gf that doesn't carry you along, who doesn't listen about a particular thing her supposed bf is blabbing about.

Well that's among all.

OK grincheesy

I get it now...
She didn't really love then... I hear my Lady frienda say " My husband/ bf knows all about you even if he hasn't met you in person" Why?

The Principle is same: YOU TELL EVERYTHING to you lover without Knowing.
Re: What Do Ladies Mean By Saying, "Take Me As I Am"? by shesluvin(f): 10:38am On Feb 27, 2015
It means if u met me good. Dnt try to change ma person. Ie my bf constantly forcing me to take alcohol. And wen I keep sayin no, its as if am chaff.
Re: What Do Ladies Mean By Saying, "Take Me As I Am"? by CodeineJunkiee(m): 10:39am On Feb 27, 2015
Take me with my flaws I guess grin
Re: What Do Ladies Mean By Saying, "Take Me As I Am"? by Rapsainot(m): 10:40am On Feb 27, 2015
I won't take rubbish.....
Re: What Do Ladies Mean By Saying, "Take Me As I Am"? by Nobody: 10:41am On Feb 27, 2015
buygala:
Very funny... 'Take me as I am' undecided

Do dudes look like Jesus Christ who is your Lord and Personal saviour?

Abi you be non-tested phone for Computer Village, wey person go just buy come go pray for Oluwa say make e work well? angry

Or do we look like your parents who have a moral duty to shower you with 'unconditonal love'? ( if there is anything like that) embarassed

Girls should just stop playing the victim, and morally blackmailing us into buying a totally worthless or even toxic commodity ... WORK ON YOURSELF TO MAKE YOURSELF WORTH THE MAN YOU DESIRE angry

MEN ARE NEITHER SCRAP DEALERS NOR SCAVENGERS undecided

Bros, I love dis ya statement die abeg. Mbok d tin make sense too musscheesy
Re: What Do Ladies Mean By Saying, "Take Me As I Am"? by Muhammadkhan: 11:36am On Feb 27, 2015
Don't judge me
Re: What Do Ladies Mean By Saying, "Take Me As I Am"? by Slimmos(m): 11:37am On Feb 27, 2015
@op.. always u and ur colleague and na u dey always advice them.. na community market secretariat u dey work ne?
Re: What Do Ladies Mean By Saying, "Take Me As I Am"? by AJOT99(m): 11:37am On Feb 27, 2015
I tire ooo. They don't want to change their bad behavior ni
Re: What Do Ladies Mean By Saying, "Take Me As I Am"? by okonelfg(m): 11:41am On Feb 27, 2015
it means i am that i am.......it only money that can change me thou says the ladies.
Re: What Do Ladies Mean By Saying, "Take Me As I Am"? by bastien: 11:44am On Feb 27, 2015
No single girl comment for front page... gays full the forum o grin

1 Like

Re: What Do Ladies Mean By Saying, "Take Me As I Am"? by JosephineM: 11:44am On Feb 27, 2015
Ladies who say this tend to be dogmatic in their approaches and do not give in to correction.
as in stubborn!
Re: What Do Ladies Mean By Saying, "Take Me As I Am"? by bastien: 11:44am On Feb 27, 2015
pinkhill:
it simply means i am not perfect..will you accept me with my flaws

i don't smile a lot and my face looks like an angry bird..will you accept me like that..
Do not compare me with your ex(es) or celebs or other girls...so i am asking you will you take me as i am...look beyond my imperfection cause when you accept my imperfect life you simply make it perfect

hmmm
Re: What Do Ladies Mean By Saying, "Take Me As I Am"? by Nobody: 11:46am On Feb 27, 2015
emusmith:
I happened to be "counselling" a junior colleague at my workplace, relationship wise. She had earlier complained to me how her mates not as "beautiful" as she is were getting married while no one was interested in having anything longterm with her.

We got to the part where she always keeps her face like an "angry bird"- frowning mode. sad

I was like, " You should smile often"- She quickly replied, " That's how my face is. If he is really my husband, he won't mind that- He will take me as I am". I hurriedly said, OK.

Then, it got me thinking deep.

Of course, I'm going to take "Her" for who she is but... I sincerely asked myself these questions

I kind of think that the ladies are asking us to accept them, even when they are not at their best....in the same way we expect them to accept us when we are not at our best.

It is difficult....but when we are really in love, I guess looks don't matter too much.

Remember....we are human beings,not immortal perfect beings. We smell, we belch, we do bad things, we are self centered, we refuse to change, and so on.

But it is our ability to love others, in spite of all their imperfections, that defines us as humans.(Especially kids!)

As a single man....I hope to marry a tall, beautiful, always kind, smiling, light complected lady, who will be saying the right things to me at all times, and who will make our boudoir activities divine. But....it does not always work that way. I hope I am not going to be a shallow looks man....or if I am....later on, when that sexy figure has gone....I hope I can still live as if that really was not important....

Then again.....

1. isn't there a room for improvement?

2. Could her maintaining a "too serious" attitude all the time be a reason she's still single?

3. How has the " I won't change for any guy" helped her these years? Instead, she is been seen as a "bleeping tool". sad

I truly want to know undecided

sad

What's Your Take?
Re: What Do Ladies Mean By Saying, "Take Me As I Am"? by remsonik(f): 11:48am On Feb 27, 2015
Well your topic is dicey op, This is where love is really put to test...................I will marry someone who has all the qualities I want in a guy and doesn't want me to change to who I am not. Now to your colleague, she might be an uptight person but trust me there's something that makes her smile. I don't keep friends and I don't smile too often, I am a very straightforward person but if you see me with my true friends I could be very playful and jovial
Re: What Do Ladies Mean By Saying, "Take Me As I Am"? by adahgold(m): 11:49am On Feb 27, 2015
Chai wen gals r getting old DAT is dere normal language n for dey ugly ones hmmmm..... I no talk anything but dey always say "I no u don't love me".
Re: What Do Ladies Mean By Saying, "Take Me As I Am"? by Slimmos(m): 11:51am On Feb 27, 2015
ayogabriel:

Well that's among all.

thankGod u run for ur life, dat girl didnt love u. she was just using u as a backup plan
Re: What Do Ladies Mean By Saying, "Take Me As I Am"? by Nobody: 11:52am On Feb 27, 2015
remsonik:
Well your topic is dicey op, This is where love is really put to test...................I will marry someone who has all the qualities I want in a guy and doesn't want me to change to who I am not. Now to your colleague, she might be an uptight person but trust me there's something that makes her smile. I don't keep friends and I don't smile too often, I am a very straightforward person but if you see me with my true friends I could be very playful and jovial

I like your point. It's straightforward.

I think we should smile "sometimes".

People get closer to us when they believe we are happy enough to receive them.
Re: What Do Ladies Mean By Saying, "Take Me As I Am"? by LewisO: 11:54am On Feb 27, 2015
undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Guys, Do You Cry When A Lady Break Your Heart / Ladies Am I The Only Obsessed With Dark Skinned Men? / Is There Anything Wrong For A Woman To Carry Condom In Her Bag?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.