Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,253 members, 7,815,383 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:29 AM

What Do Ladies Mean By Saying, "Take Me As I Am"? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Do Ladies Mean By Saying, "Take Me As I Am"? (23071 Views)

What Do Ladies Mean With This Phrase??? / What Does My Neighbour's Wife Mean By This? / 7 Things Ladies Mean When They Say, "I Need A God Fearing Man For A Partner" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do Ladies Mean By Saying, "Take Me As I Am"? by Nobody: 1:48pm On Feb 27, 2015
Jasperwhizz:

There is always room for improvement. Inspire her for her to improve.

lolzz...I'll try o...smiley
Re: What Do Ladies Mean By Saying, "Take Me As I Am"? by Pdizzle(m): 1:49pm On Feb 27, 2015
It means after you should manage her after she's become damaged goods
Re: What Do Ladies Mean By Saying, "Take Me As I Am"? by Dewze(m): 1:59pm On Feb 27, 2015
ronald4lif:
Hmmm

As for a lady taking a broke guy as he is; tough tough one. Every one wants financial security, comfort and a better life. The over 7billion people worldwide are exploring ways to better their lives. So to expect someone, male or female, to consider a man who can't guarantee her at least the basic needs of life is not an easy one, especially when she knows she has the abilities to attract someone better.

Shouldn't a lady guarantee herself the basic needs of life? I mean, your parents should ve done all that until you are matured enough to do it yourself. You should not expect to be taken care of all your life.
Re: What Do Ladies Mean By Saying, "Take Me As I Am"? by ronald4lif(m): 2:18pm On Feb 27, 2015
Dewze:

Shouldn't a lady guarantee herself the basic needs of life? I mean, your parents should ve done all that until you are matured enough to do it yourself. You should not expect to be taken care of all your life.

That's true but do the ladies cares? Guess as good as mine
Re: What Do Ladies Mean By Saying, "Take Me As I Am"? by ayogabriel(m): 2:20pm On Feb 27, 2015
emusmith:

cheesy...I love the way this lady put words together- touching different parts simultaneously with discretion.

Nice point @ the bolded.

Unaa hear? CHANGE, make una vote buhari ooo
Re: What Do Ladies Mean By Saying, "Take Me As I Am"? by Nobody: 2:27pm On Feb 27, 2015
ayogabriel:

Unaa hear? CHANGE, make una vote buhari ooo

smiley
Re: What Do Ladies Mean By Saying, "Take Me As I Am"? by ayogabriel(m): 2:40pm On Feb 27, 2015
queridasally:
I'm new to Naira land, and I'm really trying to grapple with all the technicalities seeing there is no beginners guide or Nairaland for dummies kind of thing undecided,but so far its been heartwarming seeing its a breeding ground for intellectuals...but it amazes me that there are people who still bring their negativity on here...reading through this post and comments I'm appalled that there are people replying negatively at the writer, but equally I'm thrilled at the positive responses too.

Well NL is the home for all, trust me, you have to have great sense of humour to enjoy NL, some people will get on your nerves , just make sure you don't get caught up, there are lots of drama kings and queen here, also the un civilised baboons are here beware
Re: What Do Ladies Mean By Saying, "Take Me As I Am"? by chachanga: 3:19pm On Feb 27, 2015
Many gyals do realize the need for a man to take them on an "as-is" basis having reached the end of a long rope or having realized they might have certain insurmountable shortcomings e.g. the obvious impossibility of a Kate Henshaw suddenly sprouting mamarries the size of Cossy's or Booties rivalling Elke Da Stallion....fine, we guys are down with dat.

Many ladies tell you to take them as they is...just becos you might've been reaching across the gulf in de first place. Imagine you acting your own Notting Hill or Dumebi, ehn? When you're attempting a blend of cultures, lifestyles, socio-economic pedigrees etc, it might become imperative for the damsel to introduce that TAKE-Me-As-I-Am clause into your prenups.

When you're running around with a chick claiming you wanna get serious and she chooses your proposal date to inform you of her HIV status...Guy, you gotta take her as she ARE o, or you let your legs do your talking for you. And if you can cope you stay.

To me, these are all real and legitimate considerations.

But, when a feisty, dumb, worworcious, pretender babe tells you to take her as she is...guy, she expects to be your CROSS for life.

Tell her to seek out the Savior, only Jesus fit help her case and I doubt, if she call am, say the number gor ring sef becos even Christ nor carry that kind mumucious cross, so, why should you?
Re: What Do Ladies Mean By Saying, "Take Me As I Am"? by creative11(m): 4:21pm On Feb 27, 2015
Join us @ Breakthrough 4 singles to Learn how to prepare for marriage because for you to have a great marriage there some characters you must let go and be replaced with home building characters. See handbill for more details

Re: What Do Ladies Mean By Saying, "Take Me As I Am"? by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 4:23pm On Feb 27, 2015
buygala:
Very funny... 'Take me as I am' undecided

Do dudes look like Jesus Christ who is your Lord and Personal saviour?

Abi you be non-tested phone for Computer Village, wey person go just buy come go pray for Oluwa say make e work well? angry

Or do we look like your parents who have a moral duty to shower you with 'unconditonal love'? ( if there is anything like that) embarassed

Girls should just stop playing the victim, and morally blackmailing us into buying a totally worthless or even toxic commodity ... WORK ON YOURSELF TO MAKE YOURSELF WORTH THE MAN YOU DESIRE angry

MEN ARE NEITHER SCRAP DEALERS NOR SCAVENGERS undecided
Re: What Do Ladies Mean By Saying, "Take Me As I Am"? by Revolva(m): 4:44pm On Feb 27, 2015
angry na when e don red...time don dey go for her side she go dey say dat....lol
Re: What Do Ladies Mean By Saying, "Take Me As I Am"? by Nightingale(m): 6:18pm On Feb 27, 2015
I believe it's crap when a lady tells you to take her as she is. It's just a play safe card they deal. What they actually mean is:

"I'm going to keep giving you attitude, You just have take it like that."
"I'm still going to keep my old habits."

If any girl or guy desires change, he or she won't even say that.
I've even had a girl tell me,"I know I get my own for body but I'll make amends." It's been 7 months now and still she never for once cautioned herself o her bad habits. If someone keeps repeating that to you, you pack ur baggage and leave.

1 Like

Re: What Do Ladies Mean By Saying, "Take Me As I Am"? by kandiikane(m): 6:49pm On Feb 27, 2015
ronald4lif:
Hmmm

I think any lady that says such is trying to convey a certain message, that she might not be your first choice, but she's a great choice.

A woman should never be ok with being second best, if you can't be first choice, there are other men who would want you as first choice. Do not settle for less.
Re: What Do Ladies Mean By Saying, "Take Me As I Am"? by marcel399(m): 7:05pm On Feb 27, 2015
emusmith:
I happened to be "counselling" a junior colleague at my workplace, relationship wise. She had earlier complained to me how her mates not as "beautiful" as she is were getting married while no one was interested in having anything longterm with her.

We got to the part where she always keeps her face like an "angry bird"- frowning mode. sad

I was like, " You should smile often"- She quickly replied, " That's how my face is. If he is really my husband, he won't mind that- He will take me as I am". I hurriedly said, OK.

Then, it got me thinking deep.

Of course, I'm going to take "Her" for who she is but... I sincerely asked myself these questions

1. isn't there a room for improvement?

2. Could her maintaining a "too serious" attitude all the time be a reason she's still single?

3. How has the " I won't change for any guy" helped her these years? Instead, she is been seen as a "bleeping tool". sad

I truly want to know undecided

sad

What's Your Take?
u ar tellin a guy lov u 4 who u ar, den who ar u
Re: What Do Ladies Mean By Saying, "Take Me As I Am"? by tosyne2much(m): 8:45pm On Feb 27, 2015
Qiewz11:
Enu.smith and partner in crime, tosyne2much are ladies' albatross. What did they do to you guys? Na wa o

Anyway, back to matter. It means you should take her for her personality and not her character. Like if she frowns her face, you should take her for a soldier not as an angry person! Who would want to date a soldier? Enusmith, you?
hahahahahaha cheesy
Re: What Do Ladies Mean By Saying, "Take Me As I Am"? by Edusouls(m): 10:52pm On Feb 27, 2015
it simply means the girl in question is loaded with various sorts of hidden, repulsive and unpredictable behaviours, and the worst thing here is the girl knows, but dosen't even have the power and determination whatsoever left in her to amend her ways, this type of girls are very bold with impunity in their iniquities and they dont like being corrected.most girls are so much loaded with faults upon faults that they cant deal or control it anymore, and most women have a very weak and underdeveloped brain that they dont even know what is right and good for their ownselves for God's sake...

1 Like

Re: What Do Ladies Mean By Saying, "Take Me As I Am"? by buoye1(m): 7:41am On Feb 28, 2015
ayogabriel:
Its people like the girl that think there problem is spiritual. Its just a simple thing, most guys are already half in love with a girl that smiles at them. its a pity most girls don't think and check themselves. About same reason why I broke up with my gf yesterday, they don't think, and they expect we guys to do that for them. Imagine a gf telling her bf, see there is nothing you can do to me that will surprise me, it can't be more than what all my ex did to me. We should always learn to choose our words when using them.
Gbam!!I love this...Or she asking "do you believe in love?"Annoying thing

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Guys, Do You Cry When A Lady Break Your Heart / Ladies Am I The Only Obsessed With Dark Skinned Men? / Is There Anything Wrong For A Woman To Carry Condom In Her Bag?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.