Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:08 AM

What Do Ladies Mean By Saying, "Take Me As I Am"? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Do Ladies Mean By Saying, "Take Me As I Am"? (23061 Views)

What Do Ladies Mean With This Phrase??? / What Does My Neighbour's Wife Mean By This? / 7 Things Ladies Mean When They Say, "I Need A God Fearing Man For A Partner" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do Ladies Mean By Saying, "Take Me As I Am"? by SUNNAPO(m): 11:56am On Feb 27, 2015
It should b use 4 attributes dat are nt morally right 2 change e.g skin colour, height and nt bad attitude.
Re: What Do Ladies Mean By Saying, "Take Me As I Am"? by Misogynist2014(m): 11:57am On Feb 27, 2015
This boring and almost expendable stuff that naturally shouldn't have reached 100 views, made it to fp.
Re: What Do Ladies Mean By Saying, "Take Me As I Am"? by Nobody: 11:57am On Feb 27, 2015
emusmith:
I happened to be "counselling" a junior colleague at my workplace, relationship wise. She had earlier complained to me how her mates not as "beautiful" as she is were getting married while no one was interested in having anything longterm with her.

We got to the part where she always keeps her face like an "angry bird"- frowning mode. sad

I was like, " You should smile often"- She quickly replied, " That's how my face is. If he is really my husband, he won't mind that- He will take me as I am". I hurriedly said, OK.

Then, it got me thinking deep.

Of course, I'm going to take "Her" for who she is but... I sincerely asked myself these questions
I kind of think that the ladies are asking us to accept them, even when they are not at their best....in the same way we expect them to accept us when we are not at our best.

It is difficult....but when we are really in love, I guess looks don't matter too much.

Remember....we are human beings,not immortal perfect beings. We smell, we belch, we do bad things, we are self centered, we refuse to change, and so on.

But it is our ability to love others, in spite of all their imperfections, that defines us as humans.(Especially kids!)

After all Jesus said....Love one another....and he did not specify conditions! grin.

As a single man....I hope to marry a tall, beautiful, always kind, smiling, light complected lady, who will be saying the right things to me at all times, and who will make our boudoir activities divine. But....it does not always work that way. I hope I am not going to be a shallow looks man....or if I am....later on, when that sexy figure has gone....I hope I can still live as if that really was not important....

Then again.....

1 Like

Re: What Do Ladies Mean By Saying, "Take Me As I Am"? by darlingnuel(m): 11:57am On Feb 27, 2015
emusmith:

Lolzzzz!

Some one was said on FB:

She can't cook, wash, read, speak nicely, even make effort to learn a trade etc.

She even loves money, fashion and food.

She doesn't work o... And she comes to you and says : TAKE ME AS I AM...Who are you naa?
She is sexy somborri...
she carry front and back...i
isnt that an achievement ?
Re: What Do Ladies Mean By Saying, "Take Me As I Am"? by Nobody: 12:01pm On Feb 27, 2015
Emusmith has done it again.

I believe there are certain VALUES and ETHICS that shouldn't be compromised in the name of love/relationship. If it gets to that - I would gladly tell you to "take me as I am".
Hence, any attempt to still change me - would be seen as an advertent attempt to denigrate my ego or what I stand for.

In the case of this lady, I see nothing to
take me as I am there.
Why?
In whatever scope we decide to examine her case from, I think it's very apposite that a human being smiles.
For your good and everyone around you.

However, I feel love (true love) is flexible. Never operate your relationship like/with a rigid constitution. If there is need to change - please change.

3 Likes

Re: What Do Ladies Mean By Saying, "Take Me As I Am"? by Nobody: 12:04pm On Feb 27, 2015
Kachisbarbie:
Emusmith has done it again.

I believe there are certain VALUES and ETHICS that shouldn't be compromised in the name of love/relationship. If it gets to that - I would gladly tell you to "take me as I am".
Hence, any attempt to still change me - would be seen as an advertent attempt to denigrate my ego or what I stand for.

In the case of this lady, I see nothing to
take me as I am there.
Why?
In whatever scope we decide to examine her case from, I think it's very apposite that a human being smiles.
For your good and everyone around you.

However, I feel love (true love) is flexible. Never operate your relationship like/with a rigid constitution. If there is need to change - please change.

cheesy...I love the way this lady put words together- touching different parts simultaneously with discretion.

Nice point @ the bolded.
Re: What Do Ladies Mean By Saying, "Take Me As I Am"? by queridasally(f): 12:09pm On Feb 27, 2015
Lol, if she's citing this phrase for something as I'd say trivial as smiling, I can only imagine she'll stick to the same phrase for more serious defects like character-wise or something else.lol again at "take me as I am"

1 Like

Re: What Do Ladies Mean By Saying, "Take Me As I Am"? by theresa12: 12:13pm On Feb 27, 2015
for a single lady there is no need keeping a serious face. always wear a smile, it makes u beautiful and also attractive.
as for the "take me as I am " part she wants a guy to accept her for who she is.be it good or bad. despite the fact that there must b acceptance first for any relationship, there's also room for improvement.
Re: What Do Ladies Mean By Saying, "Take Me As I Am"? by Nobody: 12:20pm On Feb 27, 2015
theresa12:
for a single lady there is no need keeping a serious face. always wear a smile, it makes u beautiful and also attractive.
as for the "take me as I am " part she wants a guy to accept her for who she is.be it good or bad. despite the fact that there must b acceptance first for any relationship, there's also room for improvement.

Room for improvement, Yes. cheesy
Re: What Do Ladies Mean By Saying, "Take Me As I Am"? by Nobody: 12:21pm On Feb 27, 2015
queridasally:
Lol, if she's citing this phrase for something as I'd say trivial as smiling, I can only imagine she'll stick to the same phrase for more serious defects like character-wise or something else.lol again at "take me as I am"

Same goes with most ladies. It cuts across character wise sef undecided
Re: What Do Ladies Mean By Saying, "Take Me As I Am"? by Truckpusher(m): 12:26pm On Feb 27, 2015
emusmith:
I happened to be "counselling" a junior colleague at my workplace, relationship wise. She had earlier complained to me how her mates not as "beautiful" as she is were getting married while no one was interested in having anything longterm with her.

We got to the part where she always keeps her face like an "angry bird"- frowning mode. sad

I was like, " You should smile often"- She quickly replied, " That's how my face is. If he is really my husband, he won't mind that- He will take me as I am". I hurriedly said, OK.

Of course, I'm going to take "Her" for who she is but... I sincerely asked myself these questions

1. isn't there a room for improvement?

2. Could her maintaining a "too serious" attitude all the time be a reason she's still single?

3. How has the " I won't change for any guy" helped her these years? Instead, she is been seen as a "bleeping tool". sad

I truly want to know undecided

sad

What's Your Take?
These ladies always say that after giving you a tough time making you to run after them genuinely while they keep creating this illusions of being larger than life and now she's about to bow to your endless pressure and with all her flaws while playing Cleopatra she's got no choice than to warn you ahead that she's not the queen without blemishes that you took her to be .Hence , the negative remarks.
I simply assure them that all is well with them and they are still the same person that I have always wanted, until those panties drops on the floor. sad

Always assure them and you're good to go.
Re: What Do Ladies Mean By Saying, "Take Me As I Am"? by NemzySeries(m): 12:27pm On Feb 27, 2015
pinkhill:
it simply means i am not perfect..will you accept me with my flaws

i don't smile a lot and my face looks like an angry bird..will you accept me like that..
Do not compare me with your ex(es) or celebs or other girls...so i am asking you will you take me as i am...look beyond my imperfection cause when you accept my imperfect life you simply make it perfect

Yea yea yea but mind u derz rum 4 improvement. Nobody is saying she shd change or wateva but improvement is like using an android 4.2 & upgrading to a 5.0 grin
Re: What Do Ladies Mean By Saying, "Take Me As I Am"? by NemzySeries(m): 12:29pm On Feb 27, 2015
Babe u gatz upgrade ooo....no time 4 mary & martha.......aw much dos a simply smile cost sef?
Re: What Do Ladies Mean By Saying, "Take Me As I Am"? by Appliedmaths(m): 12:33pm On Feb 27, 2015
Dude when a woman tells u to take her as she is boy be ready for some dark past. she probably can't hide that part of her. she probably has done some great stunts she feels when u find out u''ll take off. so in summary, expect d best worse things in all ramifications.

1 Like

Re: What Do Ladies Mean By Saying, "Take Me As I Am"? by queridasally(f): 12:34pm On Feb 27, 2015
I'm new to Naira land, and I'm really trying to grapple with all the technicalities seeing there is no beginners guide or Nairaland for dummies kind of thing undecided,but so far its been heartwarming seeing its a breeding ground for intellectuals...but it amazes me that there are people who still bring their negativity on here...reading through this post and comments I'm appalled that there are people replying negatively at the writer, but equally I'm thrilled at the positive responses too.
Re: What Do Ladies Mean By Saying, "Take Me As I Am"? by Nobody: 12:34pm On Feb 27, 2015
Many women are delusional. ..... with that take me as I am statement many women have remained stagnant..... Always about what a guy can give and sacrifice he must make..... Some ladies even pride themselves in standing by a guy when he was nothing simply because she was available to cook nd have se.x..... smh..... Ladies of my generation need to upgrade mentally.....
Re: What Do Ladies Mean By Saying, "Take Me As I Am"? by pinkhill(f): 12:36pm On Feb 27, 2015
with love sure she will but you need to accept it first
NemzySeries:

Yea yea yea but mind u derz rum 4 improvement. Nobody is saying she shd change or wateva but improvement is like using an android 4.2 & upgrading to a 5.0 grin
Re: What Do Ladies Mean By Saying, "Take Me As I Am"? by Nobody: 12:41pm On Feb 27, 2015
Truckpusher:
These ladies always say that after giving you a tough time making you to run after them genuinely while they keep creating this illusions of being larger than life and now she's about to bow to your endless pressure and with all her flaws while playing Cleopatra she's got no choice than to warn you ahead that she's not the queen without blemishes that you took her to be .Hence , the negative remarks.
I simply assure them that all is well with them and they are still the same person that I have always wanted, until those panties drops on the floor. sad

Always assure them and you're good to go.

Haha @ the bolded, lolzz

That's what we see o...grin
Re: What Do Ladies Mean By Saying, "Take Me As I Am"? by Nobody: 12:41pm On Feb 27, 2015
queridasally:
I'm new to Naira land, and I'm really trying to grapple with all the technicalities seeing there is no beginners guide or Nairaland for dummies kind of thing undecided,but so far its been heartwarming seeing its a breeding ground for intellectuals...but it amazes me that there are people who still bring their negativity on here...reading through this post and comments I'm appalled that there are people replying negatively at the writer, but equally I'm thrilled at the positive responses too.

Welcome to Nairaland! smiley..... Im sure ud easily get a hang of it soon... if u see a comment u wanna reply u simply quote....... The place is fun and annoying sometimes especially when its a topic on politics or tribe related
Re: What Do Ladies Mean By Saying, "Take Me As I Am"? by Nobody: 12:47pm On Feb 27, 2015
pinkhill:

i don't smile a lot and my face looks like an angry bird..will you accept me like that..
Do not compare me with your ex(es) or celebs or other girls...so i am asking you will you take me as i am...look beyond my imperfection cause when you accept my imperfect life you simply make it perfect

How about her becoming a better person, its called growth....at least she should work on it not accept the status quo..... A frowning face is a learned habit and all habits are changeable. ..... Every man likes a lovely happy woman, why settle for the angry one when I see a giiggly :Dhappy lady..uno..
Re: What Do Ladies Mean By Saying, "Take Me As I Am"? by Nobody: 12:47pm On Feb 27, 2015
buygala:
Very funny... 'Take me as I am' undecided

Do dudes look like Jesus Christ who is your Lord and Personal saviour?

Abi you be non-tested phone for Computer Village, wey person go just buy come go pray for Oluwa say make e work well? angry

Or do we look like your parents who have a moral duty to shower you with 'unconditonal love'? ( if there is anything like that) embarassed

Girls should just stop playing the victim, and morally blackmailing us into buying a totally worthless or even toxic commodity ... WORK ON YOURSELF TO MAKE YOURSELF WORTH THE MAN YOU DESIRE angry

MEN ARE NEITHER SCRAP DEALERS NOR SCAVENGERS undecided

You this buygala guy nobody dey drag this FTC with you anymore , this one sef you miss am narrowly. There is god ooo , let your brothers also share in this FTC.

There is always room for improvement even if you're the best at what you do or are but I don't think it's the reason she's not married , the reason she's not married is because she's not condescending. Getting your dream partner isn't realistic in this day and time. Most people have to sacrifice one thing or the other to maintain a relationship these days
Re: What Do Ladies Mean By Saying, "Take Me As I Am"? by Nobody: 1:07pm On Feb 27, 2015
Can ladies take a violent, woman-beating man as he is, if they know that's his nature? I think everybody need to work on themselves to improve their flaws. It doesnt mean u re not being who you are. Being who you are is not changing your values and morals for anybody. But behavioural flaws can be improved on.
Re: What Do Ladies Mean By Saying, "Take Me As I Am"? by owolawitola(f): 1:16pm On Feb 27, 2015
Nobody is ugly
iceberylin:
This is the part where i feel for ugly gurls sad
Re: What Do Ladies Mean By Saying, "Take Me As I Am"? by MrCork: 1:18pm On Feb 27, 2015
emusmith:

2. Could her maintaining a "too serious" attitude all the time be a reason she's still single?

3. How has the " I won't change for any guy" helped her these years? Instead, she is been seen as a "bleeping tool". sad

sad

What's Your Take?

angry
Re: What Do Ladies Mean By Saying, "Take Me As I Am"? by MrCork: 1:20pm On Feb 27, 2015
emusmith:

sad

What's Your Take?

...ok...u date house girls and then u complain they take u as I am?... U don't like women? Classy? angry
Re: What Do Ladies Mean By Saying, "Take Me As I Am"? by justmag(m): 1:24pm On Feb 27, 2015
pinkhill:

perfect! You couldn't have said it better.
Re: What Do Ladies Mean By Saying, "Take Me As I Am"? by AreaFada2: 1:28pm On Feb 27, 2015
Eugenedimgba:
If only women would take men as they are.... Not minding status and other yardsticks.

Abi o, Baba Onikeke at Ajegunle could have married a girl as pretty like Agbani. grin cheesy
Re: What Do Ladies Mean By Saying, "Take Me As I Am"? by Jasperwhizz(m): 1:33pm On Feb 27, 2015
emusmith:

sad

What's Your Take?
There is always room for improvement. Inspire her for her to improve.
Re: What Do Ladies Mean By Saying, "Take Me As I Am"? by Nobody: 1:42pm On Feb 27, 2015
So what would you say to a woman who is considered aggressive. My ex's have said I'm to aggressive because when he F-u:cks up or hurts me I'm guns blazing sharp tongue. I will tell him to kick rocks cause I'm not one to be F@fked with. Lol yes I swear when I'm hurt some women fright some flee and I fight. I've been told that's not womanly and it's off putting. I say TAKE ME AS I AM AND DON'T TAKE THE P¡SS. That's why I'm single lol help! ! Why should I change
emusmith:

Same goes with most ladies. It cuts across character wise sef undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"You Cheated On Me Multiple Times"- New Jersey Lady Slams Her Ex For Shading Her / Guys, Do You Cry When A Lady Break Your Heart / Ladies Am I The Only Obsessed With Dark Skinned Men?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.