Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,062 members, 7,835,594 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:12 PM

Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us (36034 Views)

Some Funny Lies Our Parents Use To Tell Us While We Were Growing Up. / See How My Parents Used I And My Siblings To Plot A Graph As Kids(pic) / What Did Your Parents Used To Save Each Others Number? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by Setaje(f): 9:53pm On Feb 28, 2015
My mum and dad said they had no shoes. They always seem to walk from village to village wiv out shoes. My mum said she been dey beat guys wey mess up anyhow in her village that am a weakling. Meanwhile she was very skinny in the picture I saw of her when she was a kid. I don't no how she was beating men? I thought my mum never talked to any man in life except my dad until when she and my dad quarrels. That's when the truth came out of how she would have married someone else. grin

Had to modify. They've been married 38 yrs now.

1 Like

Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by Nobody: 9:53pm On Feb 28, 2015
That if I look out the window by 12AM, I'll see a spirit.

That if I look at the mirror at night, I'll definitely see a ghost- this really lingered in my heart for quite some time...

sad

1 Like

Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by chrisviral(m): 9:54pm On Feb 28, 2015
Godmother:
My mum would always threaten to take us to one baba when she was trying to find out which child was lying. According to her, the baba would touch all of us with 'something' and the lying child would instanly somersault, hit the floor, hit the ceiling, fall down to the floor again and then die. Omo! See me owning up to things I didn't do then cos I was terrified of even going to the baba's presence. When I remember the beatings I ate for things I didn't do, I weep for my mumuness.

You can't try this with my 4 years old nephew now sha. Cos only him will tell you how he will kick the baba and the baba will go and land in the moon. I love kids of nowadays grin

shocked shocked shocked grin grin
You just made me laugh like a fool, Nawao for ya mama grin

1 Like

Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by Sarimah(f): 9:54pm On Feb 28, 2015
especially number one grin
Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by yuzjet(m): 9:55pm On Feb 28, 2015
chrisviral:

grin grin
To them sha it doesn't seem like a lie, probably just over using the figure of speech there. cheesy

Hyperbole!

1 Like

Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by Nobody: 9:56pm On Feb 28, 2015
AndreRose:

Don't joor me

smiley
Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by chelseabmw(m): 9:56pm On Feb 28, 2015
Tval:
Till date i don't take Coconut water because of this.

Lmao!!!
Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by Nobody: 9:57pm On Feb 28, 2015
Setaje:
My mum and dad said they had no shoes. They always seem to walk from village to village wiv out shoes. My mum said she been dey beat guys wey mess up anyhow in her village that am a weakling. Meanwhile she was very skinny in the picture I saw of her when she was a kid. I don't no how she was beating men? I thought my mum never talked to any man in life except my dad until when she and my dad quarrels. That's when the truth came out of how she would have married someone else. grin

lolzz

1 Like

Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by nedz(m): 9:59pm On Feb 28, 2015
I normally read 12 hours a day when I was your age

I always come before the teachers during my school days

I was the first man to shake the then Governor of my state when he visited our village

I single handedly rescued 10 people from a burning 2-storey building when I was young and agile

I ate twice per week when I was suffering to become who I am today wink

I did about 15 bags of cement per day when I served meson

I built the community church in my village without a single kobo from anybody cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by dabrake(m): 10:00pm On Feb 28, 2015
My geography teacher, in his attempt to exaggerate how beautiful the good old days were, told we, his student :
"My EFIK teacher was from KOREA"

2 Likes

Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by Nobody: 10:00pm On Feb 28, 2015
Jesuspikin77:
Touching a girl = pregnancy undecided

My dad also told me same
Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by Nobody: 10:01pm On Feb 28, 2015
I will tell my son I make front page everyday on nairaland!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by hensben(m): 10:05pm On Feb 28, 2015
chelseabmw:
"Don't drink coconut water, it will make you dull" cheesy like WTF
This sh..it still scare me till date even when my inner mind tells me it's a white lie.
Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by Nobody: 10:05pm On Feb 28, 2015
DAD;
during our time Nigeria is easy. if you manage to get A in waec that's automatic scholarship to Cambridge
when am in school I'm brilliant to extent that I had 9A's in waec
i'm the best of my set during my undergraduate at ife.
SON
Dad why don't you school at Cambridge ?
DAD
Sorry did i just say ife , i want to say Cambridge.

1 Like

Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by jerrymej(m): 10:07pm On Feb 28, 2015
Make I hear say they no tell me
That number 1,
That number 2,
That number 5,
That number 6 and
That number 7.

Hmm is a tax to pay. When I get married and bear children, I'll even tell them more than this.

#Their oWn na play yet#.
Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by garriboy(m): 10:08pm On Feb 28, 2015
searching4love:
undecided

REMEMBER WHEN MY DAD TOLD ME IF I TOUCH A GIRL SHE WOULD BE PREGNANT. EVER SINCE I KNEW I'M NOT GOING TO DATE A NIGERIAN GIRL DUE TO THEIR RANDY NATURE WHICH MAKES THEM GET PREGNANT LIKE PIGS undecided

THANK GOD I LISTENED TO DAD COS NOW I SEE NIGERIAN GIRLS AS SHIIT

#TEAM FOREIGN GIRLS cool
whats d maximum level of foolishness one can come across on d internet? just yesterday i tot i've seen it all and den i see dis ur post. none of d lines makes any sense

8 Likes

Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by Nobody: 10:10pm On Feb 28, 2015
I used to walk 10 miles to school and back everyday.

1 Like

Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by brize(m): 10:13pm On Feb 28, 2015
Don't swallow orange seeds or else it will grow in your stomach and grow through my head...

I will be like... Chai!! So i go die.

2 Likes

Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by Nobody: 10:16pm On Feb 28, 2015
englishmart:
my parents never lied to me..
is dis a lie?

1 Like

Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by MALACHY247: 10:18pm On Feb 28, 2015
:Psince i was born, i hv neva sex any man.
Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by Nobody: 10:19pm On Feb 28, 2015
garriboy:

whats d maximum level of foolishness one can come across on d internet? just yesterday i tot i've seen it all and den i see dis ur post. none of d lines makes any sense

Eleriibu

Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by chelseabmw(m): 10:20pm On Feb 28, 2015
hensben:
This sh..it still scare me till date even when my inner mind tells me it's a white lie.

hehehe... I'm telling Yhu bro
Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by Horllamideh(m): 10:20pm On Feb 28, 2015
Setaje:

team once shoeless like jonathan....lol
Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by Nobody: 10:22pm On Feb 28, 2015
If I swallow orange seed it will grow out from my Head cheesy

1 Like

Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by Nobody: 10:22pm On Feb 28, 2015
dechandel:
undecided undecided
My dad still tells me till date that he graduated with a 1st class!!
I can not actually tell if its a lie,but i only see it as some inspirational ish cheesy
yimu...hype ur popsi wella him deserve award!!!
Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by Horllamideh(m): 10:23pm On Feb 28, 2015
nedz:
I normally read 12 hours a day when I was your age

I always come before the teachers during my school days

I was the first man to shake the then Governor of my state when he visited our village

I single handedly rescued 10 people from a burning 2-storey building when I was young and agile

I ate twice per week when I was suffering to become who I am today wink

I did about 15 bags of cement when I served meson

I built the community church in my without a single kobo from anybody cheesy
Laughing myself to sleep

1 Like

Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by Horllamideh(m): 10:25pm On Feb 28, 2015
olad99:
DAD;
during our time Nigeria is easy. if you manage to get A in waec that's automatic scholarship to Cambridge
when am in school I'm brilliant to extent that I had 9A's in waec
i'm the best of my set during my undergraduate at ife.
SON
Dad why don't you school at Cambridge ?
DAD
Sorry did i just say ife , i want to say Cambridge.

Yeeeh.....Ayaff die
Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by Adaeze003(f): 10:28pm On Feb 28, 2015
Chai!!!! How my brothers waited for that bicycle grin grin

They did well in school, excelled in junior wasce just for it but till today! cheesy

They didn't buy it for good reason anyway... those boys rough die.
Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by Sleekyshuga(f): 10:29pm On Feb 28, 2015
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

...... Daddy will always tell us: You people are not reading.. You leave the substance, and chase the shadow cheesy cheesy.. Internet now rocks your world.. When I was your age, I finished P.N Okeke (author of Modern Physics) cover to cover 4 times and summarized it before my school cert undecided undecided undecided...
Na so e easy?

...... He'll also say: In those days, we read, and read, and read..
Under the sun, we read grin..
Under the rain, we read grin..
Going to the farm, we carried our books along and read grin..
Even while sleeping, we read with an eye closed grin grin..
Una know dey taya to read?

I love my daddy joor kiss kiss

2 Likes

Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by Nobody: 10:31pm On Feb 28, 2015
[quote author=Setaje post=31181759]My mum and dad said they had no shoes. They always seem to walk from village to village wiv out shoes. My mum said she been dey beat guys wey mess up anyhow in her village that am a weakling. Meanwhile she was very skinny in the picture I saw of her when she was a kid. I don't no how she was beating men? I thought my mum never talked to any man in life except my dad until when she and my dad quarrels. That's when the truth came out of how she would have married someone else. grin

[/quote
It means they shouldn't even contest for common counsellor because JONA don spoil the day for the shoeless class.
Re: Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us by Benfaco: 10:33pm On Feb 28, 2015
Babyboy1986:
Lol..I grow up in Europe not like this happen.
Europe? wow
I didn't grow up in Europe but if I did I would have written
"Lol... I grew up in Europe but I never experienced any of this"
u can still correct me o

5 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

My Husband Has Become A Pain In My Neck / Thank You All.. / My brother is driving me nut - How Should I Handle This Family Issue?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.