Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,357 members, 7,812,014 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:14 AM

Higher Education And The Female Child - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Higher Education And The Female Child (38527 Views)

Over Protectiveness Of The Female Child / 5 Masculine Chores I Did As A Female Child. / MALE Or FEMALE Child: Who Is More Expensive To Raise? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Higher Education And The Female Child by Nobody: 1:14pm On Mar 02, 2015
searching4love:

undecided no she's a Tri

Damn! So you guys are doing 4some. You are one lucky niggah.

1 Like

Re: Higher Education And The Female Child by sarutobi: 1:14pm On Mar 02, 2015
Beamborla:
Except I want to offend God, my parent ,though, not wealthy give me everything I need... everything. They were and are still my only source of income from 100 and Now I'm in my finals. I lack nothing except the normal student brokeness when you use your money for unnecessary things.
I was not placed on monthly alawi I simple ask the moment my account is becoming red and, yes, I get alert from my bank.
At home or in school I get what I want it only reduces when I'm at home. My dad still gives me money to make my hair whenever he notice my hair looks unkept...
What I know is our parents are trying, they can't give what they don't have... we should try to be contented.

baby, can i have your number? cool
Re: Higher Education And The Female Child by safarigirl(f): 1:17pm On Mar 02, 2015
brownlord:

Easy to spot a child from decent home.

Safari trying to justify reasons for her MTN ( PAY AS YOU GO ) SME business. Smh
lol.....if you know how I survive in this school, you won't even say such nonsense

Not trying to justify anything, just stating facts. I have a room mate who is yet to receive shishi from her mum this semester. This girl used 35k to het accommodation, she's been feeding steady and trying to understand her mother who complains of lack of funds, yet this same woman called her to tell her just last week that she sent 100k to her bro in Lead City, which kain thing be that?

See ehn, just no yarn anything wey you no sabi, I don't even ask them for money cuz I don't like asking, they know that about me yet they still expect me to ask. For days now na my room mates dey feed me, me wey het asthma angry....I suppose dey on special care yet provisions I no get, money I no hold, food sef....in fact make I just hold my own

3 Likes

Re: Higher Education And The Female Child by Tvegas(m): 1:17pm On Mar 02, 2015
Great discussion, i agree with the poster on all counts but with few exceptions.Its bad when parents want their girls to show understanding on essential needs,thats an indirect form of pimping. However,Some girls are GREEDY , their needs cannot be easily met. They want to belong, they want the most expensive shoes, bags and all. They see how chief keeps dolling out cash to their friend. Ki olorun fun wa lomo rere

1 Like

Re: Higher Education And The Female Child by samx4real(m): 1:18pm On Mar 02, 2015
safarigirl:
I'm writing this article strictly out of necessity. Not only is this based on the experiences of others, but also on personal experience

I want to start by posting a known fact. It's not by force to have a child, neither is it necessary to send your child to a higher institution, ESPECIALLY a girl child

See ehn, make una forget anything, the truth and the koko of the matter, forgetting all these yeye posts on NL is that most girls go into the University WITH ONLY their PARENTS as their source of finances. There is no money bag somewhere that provides money for us. Na only us waka come

There is a popular saying that when you're in 100 level, money comes in steady, as you progress it becomes less frequent and reduces in amount, by the time you're in your final year, if you even see 1k alert from your family, na to shoki reach ATM.

Many students especially those in government institutions can testify to this fact.....but I digress. It has come to my knowledge that most parents do not pay as much attention to their daughters in higher institution as they do their sons, because the female child is perceived as the 'understanding' one, who is supposed to 'persevere' because she's a 'nurturer'....that is by far the biggest load of BS ever peddled by the male folk (yes, na boys cause am angry)

All those bad belle brothers wey dey like shorten their sisters' monthly allowance on top tales of one (imaginary) boyfriend that is sending her regular money, just know that your village people have already pounded the yam that they'll use and lick soup ontop your head angry.

If not for the fear of God that some girls have, obatala knows that the amount of runs girls that would've been in this country for don reach to rival the entire Cape Verde's population. Not every girl has a business she's doing in school and we all can't combine business with schooling. Why then should parents transfer their burden to one small boy that made the error of toasting their daughter? Boy wey still dey collect money from house go come dey feed your daughter for school on your behalf, unto wetin?

Even if there is a boyfriend, is it his job to provide food, clothes and hair product from your daughter? If he provides all of that, what is her consideration in such a contract? And by consideration, I mean, her sacrifice. You want your daughter to leave school and immediately marry, but you allow her look unkempt while in school and starve thinking she has a guy that does it all, like say the guy follow una conceive.

Please, if you have a daughter in school, do well as a parent to see to her needs, even the petty ones, don't wait for memos from your child before you know your job. The tertiary instituion is hard enough, but peer pressure is a b*tch and not every child is understanding and persevering. Shame on a child is shame on his/her parents too, so nothing like 'shebi na she get herself?'...na una get her

I'm sorry I wasn't able to pass across my message in what some may term a 'civil' manner, but some things gats come in pidgin for the message to make sense smiley.

I'm not hitting at parents who try their best, I'm hitting at those who don't try at all and expect 'understanding'. Thanks for reading

Well this is rubbish because female get more cash from there parent as compared with there male counterpart!!!

In short no parent will send her female child to school without sending her enough cash, except they want her to become otherwise!

2 Likes

Re: Higher Education And The Female Child by safarigirl(f): 1:18pm On Mar 02, 2015
papawemba:

is that why you are fvcking KOK?
no, it fully explains your gross stewpidity

3 Likes

Re: Higher Education And The Female Child by tenry(m): 1:18pm On Mar 02, 2015
Disagree with you. When my twin sister and i were in the university, she enjoyed more than me in terms of allowance from parents and uncles. Most of the time, she receives bank alert before me even when we called home at the same time i once challenged my uncle why he usually sent kenny's'money before mine and his response was,"o boy you are a man, you can sort yourself out before getting money but kenny is a woman, she may be tempted to indulge in vices like 'runz' due to lack of money. So bear with me"

1 Like

Re: Higher Education And The Female Child by brownlord: 1:20pm On Mar 02, 2015
safarigirl:
lol.....if you know how I survive in this school, you won't even say such nonsense

Not trying to justify anything, just stating facts. I have a room mate who is yet to receive shishi from her mum this semester. This girl used 35k to het accommodation, she's been feeding steady and trying to understand her mother who complains of lack of funds, yet this same woman called her to tell her just last week that she sent 100k to her bro in Lead City, which kain thing be that?

See ehn, just no yarn anything wey you no sabi, I don't even ask them for money cuz I don't like asking, they know that about me yet they still expect me to ask. For days now na my room mates dey feed me, me wey het asthma angry....I suppose dey on special care yet provisions I no get, money I no hold, food sef....in fact make I just hold my own

Must you lie?

2 Likes

Re: Higher Education And The Female Child by badesco(m): 1:21pm On Mar 02, 2015
brownlord:
The money I spent on helping girls ( girl friends ) sought out their academic problems in school is enough to set up business that will employ them after graduation.
Are you a bank or your popsy na billionaire?.
Re: Higher Education And The Female Child by safarigirl(f): 1:21pm On Mar 02, 2015
samx4real:

Well this is rubbish because female get more cash from there parent as compared with there male counterpart!!!

In short no parent will send her female child to school without sending her enough cash, except they want her to become otherwise!
you never know anything.
Go to any tertiary school in the country and ask the girls in 200 level to 300/400/600 level when last their parents sent them money and how much, you'll find a majority barely get anything and have become used to that

1 Like

Re: Higher Education And The Female Child by Tvegas(m): 1:21pm On Mar 02, 2015
safarigirl:

sorry about that, so how do you cope? Is it that your folks dont have enough or they have lots of cash but just have the funny belief that you can sort yourself?
Re: Higher Education And The Female Child by brownlord: 1:22pm On Mar 02, 2015
badesco:

Are you a bank or your popsy na billionaire?.

Amaechi! Moving ATM

Stupid question
Re: Higher Education And The Female Child by safarigirl(f): 1:22pm On Mar 02, 2015
brownlord:

Must you lie?
you don't have to believe me, you can keep telling yourself whatever, but that's how it is. Shikena

1 Like

Re: Higher Education And The Female Child by nairalandbuzz(m): 1:23pm On Mar 02, 2015
IVORY2009:

Are you kidding? How does this write-up relates to the topic @ hand, wake up boy!

Olodo na him you be... Its a confirmation and not a complement.

If dem say make una go school, una no go go.... Study literature u go say no be sciences... Olodo like you.

You see one of your topics? I laff...

2 Likes

Re: Higher Education And The Female Child by adambest(m): 1:25pm On Mar 02, 2015
safarigirl:
I'm writing this article strictly out of necessity. Not only is this based on the experiences of others, but also on personal experience

I want to start by posting a known fact. It's not by force to have a child, neither is it necessary to send your child to a higher institution, ESPECIALLY a girl child

See ehn, make una forget anything, the truth and the koko of the matter, forgetting all these yeye posts on NL is that most girls go into the University WITH ONLY their PARENTS as their source of finances. There is no money bag somewhere that provides money for us. Na only us waka come

There is a popular saying that when you're in 100 level, money comes in steady, as you progress it becomes less frequent and reduces in amount, by the time you're in your final year, if you even see 1k alert from your family, na to shoki reach ATM.

Many students especially those in government institutions can testify to this fact.....but I digress. It has come to my knowledge that most parents do not pay as much attention to their daughters in higher institution as they do their sons, because the female child is perceived as the 'understanding' one, who is supposed to 'persevere' because she's a 'nurturer'....that is by far the biggest load of BS ever peddled by the male folk (yes, na boys cause am angry)

All those bad belle brothers wey dey like shorten their sisters' monthly allowance on top tales of one (imaginary) boyfriend that is sending her regular money, just know that your village people have already pounded the yam that they'll use and lick soup ontop your head angry.

If not for the fear of God that some girls have, obatala knows that the amount of runs girls that would've been in this country for don reach to rival the entire Cape Verde's population. Not every girl has a business she's doing in school and we all can't combine business with schooling. Why then should parents transfer their burden to one small boy that made the error of toasting their daughter? Boy wey still dey collect money from house go come dey feed your daughter for school on your behalf, unto wetin?

Even if there is a boyfriend, is it his job to provide food, clothes and hair product from your daughter? If he provides all of that, what is her consideration in such a contract? And by consideration, I mean, her sacrifice. You want your daughter to leave school and immediately marry, but you allow her look unkempt while in school and starve thinking she has a guy that does it all, like say the guy follow una conceive.

Please, if you have a daughter in school, do well as a parent to see to her needs, even the petty ones, don't wait for memos from your child before you know your job. The tertiary instituion is hard enough, but peer pressure is a b*tch and not every child is understanding and persevering. Shame on a child is shame on his/her parents too, so nothing like 'shebi na she get herself?'...na una get her

I'm sorry I wasn't able to pass across my message in what some may term a 'civil' manner, but some things gats come in pidgin for the message to make sense smiley.

I'm not hitting at parents who try their best, I'm hitting at those who don't try at all and expect 'understanding'. Thanks for reading

maybe i'm just alone when she woke me up from my dream...
Re: Higher Education And The Female Child by brownlord: 1:26pm On Mar 02, 2015
nairalandbuzz:

If dem say make una go school, una no go go.... Study literature u go say no be sciences... Olodo like you.

You see one of your topics? I laff...

Na wah o, see uppercut
Re: Higher Education And The Female Child by AfroBlue(m): 1:26pm On Mar 02, 2015
Nollywood has some gems on the topic as well as news stories in the NL archives.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HQJCVZT-t8
Re: Higher Education And The Female Child by nairalandbuzz(m): 1:27pm On Mar 02, 2015
brownlord:

Na wah o, see uppercut

Guy, you just killed me with laughter... lols
Re: Higher Education And The Female Child by safarigirl(f): 1:27pm On Mar 02, 2015
Tvegas:
sorry about that, so how do you cope? Is it that your folks dont have enough or they have lots of cash but just have the funny belief that you can sort yourself?
they don't have lots of cash, that I know so I try to not ask. Sometimes school can even resume and I'll be at home until I feel they're settled.

But when they do have, I'm somewhere around the bottom as far as priorities go, used to be my elder sis, but since she graduated I'm down there. I no dey even bother myself again, I don cry tire
Re: Higher Education And The Female Child by freecocoa(f): 1:28pm On Mar 02, 2015
safarigirl:

Wouldn't this be as a result of them not really having? I just don't see how a mother knowing how growing up can be for a girl and still refuse to give her money.

My dad is not Otedola, on some days, him sef dey dey broke but what they(especially my mum when she was here) never failed to do, was always call us reminding us that even if we didn't have as much as we would love, tomorrow will be better and to be contented with what we have, telling us they loved us endlessly and live practically for us, if I was angry that I got maybe 30k instead of 50, with those words, I was always happy and grateful.
Re: Higher Education And The Female Child by Akinz0126(m): 1:29pm On Mar 02, 2015
I vehemently disagreed with this thread honestly me using strongly disagreed is nt just it.From my own point of view and experience the female needs are always the top priority of our parent at the expense of the male ones what do I mean by this?Many parent believes that the male ones can tolerate all kinds of difficulties they may encounter during the course of their study in school in the sense that the male ones can economise and could capitalise on the token giving to them which can sustain them through out their stay in school ie,parents have the convictions that the male children who knows exactly what took them to school could utilise the financial resources@ their disposal effectively .whereas, the female children are known to be delicate and fragile as such they could easily be manipulated by their peers who have it all(Financial and material resources) and if the need of this female children are not quickly attend to,they lose academic focus and start chasing shadows are some cases whereas,the male children forfeit their needs to their female siblings just to avoid female disaster for those who knows what I mean.
Re: Higher Education And The Female Child by IVORY2009(m): 1:30pm On Mar 02, 2015
nairalandbuzz:

I go give u dirty slap now ooooh, you mean you can not read and comprehend simple english Language?, you were busy telling us, how you schooled in the UK, and dated a girl @ yaba tech, and your lecturer who were marking ur exam script, how intelligent you're, how you do not read and you pass ur exams @ flying colors, the question is who asked you all this mr man? You're too full of yourself simple.

1 Like

Re: Higher Education And The Female Child by samx4real(m): 1:34pm On Mar 02, 2015
safarigirl:
you never know anything.
Go to any tertiary school in the country and ask the girls in 200 level to 300/400/600 level when last their parents sent them money and how much, you'll find a majority barely get anything and have become used to that

Give d name of d school and you will see that the prostitution rate in that school is high!

1 Like

Re: Higher Education And The Female Child by AfroBlue(m): 1:34pm On Mar 02, 2015
just located one of the threads posted by the nl chairman and found a news article

'RUNS' Business In Nigeria: A Multi-billion Naira Industry? - Business - Nairaland

https://www.nairaland.com/761794/runs-business-nigeria-multi-billion-naira

Sex in the city: The shame of campus prostitution

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/10/sex-city-shame-campus-prostitution/
Re: Higher Education And The Female Child by Mavor: 1:34pm On Mar 02, 2015
safarigirl:

I wish the average Nigerian woman had your way of thinking. Have been observing you on Nairaland. Your kind epitomizes the woman being referred to in Proverbs 31:10-31. Keep it up.
Re: Higher Education And The Female Child by nairalandbuzz(m): 1:34pm On Mar 02, 2015
IVORY2009:

I go give u dirty slap now ooooh, you mean you can not read and comprehend simple english Language?, you were busy telling us, how you schooled in the UK, and dated a girl @ yaba tech, and your lecturer who were marking ur exam script, how intelligent you're, how you do not read and you pass ur exams @ flying colors, the question is who asked you all this mr man? You're too full of yourself simple.

"Who were making your exam scripts".... I hear you

I don't need exchange words with you as I can fully comprehend that you don't understand the context of the Original post let alone my reply...

Well, keep reading... and dont comment on Nairaland... the more you read, the more you learn.

I am not "too full of myself" (lol) Its by His grace... If you need to know more, the lecturers even have my phone number on speed dial... Cultists were after me... girls want me... should I go on?

It happens when you read and not talk too much... Start reading guy.... I read last week that we should not be envious of our brethren, instead celebrate them bla bla bla

It is well.

1 Like

Re: Higher Education And The Female Child by Nobody: 1:37pm On Mar 02, 2015
RiffRaff:
thank u for this beautiful thread... Poor people should neva ever procreate...

Oh
Re: Higher Education And The Female Child by safarigirl(f): 1:38pm On Mar 02, 2015
freecocoa:
Wouldn't this be as a result of them not really having? I just don't see how a mother knowing how growing up can be for a girl and still refuse to give her money.

My dad is not Otedola, on some days, him sef dey dey broke but what they(especially my mum when she was here) never failed to do, was always call us reminding us that even if we didn't have as much as we would love, tomorrow will be better and to be contented with what we have, telling us they loved us endlessly and live practically for us, if I was angry that I got maybe 30k instead of 50, with those words, I was always happy and grateful.
my mum is dead, my dad re-married, they have other kids....if my mum were alive, trust me, I wouldn't even understand half of the things I wrote in this article

3 Likes

Re: Higher Education And The Female Child by safarigirl(f): 1:40pm On Mar 02, 2015
samx4real:

Give d name of d school and you will see that the prostitution rate in that school is high!
of course the prostitution rate is high, is there any Government uni that the prostitution rate is low?
Re: Higher Education And The Female Child by safarigirl(f): 1:43pm On Mar 02, 2015
Athanatos:
Safarigirl,are you a lawyer or law student?

Just curious.
Law student o....very nonsense course angry
Re: Higher Education And The Female Child by lordraiden(m): 1:43pm On Mar 02, 2015
tosyne2much:
Observing frm my coconut tree cool
guy y u no were boxers i dey see ur. ...,u knw wetin i dey see and na so all dis gals don see em

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Dad Gave N3m To His Boss' Wife To Buy Vehicle For Him, Now He's Dead / Man Dumps His Blind Wife In Port Harcourt, Packs Out Of His Home With Housemaid / Maid Who Savagely Beat Ugandan Toddler To Face Attempted Murder Charge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.