Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,093 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:39 AM

Higher Education And The Female Child - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Higher Education And The Female Child (38543 Views)

Over Protectiveness Of The Female Child / 5 Masculine Chores I Did As A Female Child. / MALE Or FEMALE Child: Who Is More Expensive To Raise? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Higher Education And The Female Child by Bode2: 5:52pm On Mar 02, 2015
searching4love:
undecided

OP YOUR ARTICLE REEKS OF PURE IGNORANCE AND SIMPLY SHOWS HOW LAZY AND DEMANDING NIGERIAN GIRLS OF THIS GENERATION ARE undecided

BEEN A RUNS GIRLS IS A CHOICE EVERY GIRL HAS TO MAKE DUE TO PEER PRESSURE IN SCHOOL. WE HAVE SEEN GIRLS FROM WEALTHY HOMES WITH REASONABLE POCKET MONEY DO RUNS. IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH PARENTS.

ALL YOU NIGERIAN GIRLS ARE WAYWARD AND MATERIALISTIC IN NATURE. YOU ARE ALL PROMISCUOUS AND MENTALLY LAZY TO THINK OF A LITTLE BUSINESS TO START UP IN SCHOOL.

INSTEAD YOU NIGERIAN GIRLS SEE RUNS AS A EASY WAY OUT AND YOU START JUMPING FROM DICK TO DICK ALL IN THE NAME OF MAKING A LIVING.

THIS IS WHY I DECIDED TO MARRY A FOREIGN LADY.

#TEAM FOREIGN GIRLS cool
Have you now got one or you are still searching?
Re: Higher Education And The Female Child by cococandy(f): 5:56pm On Mar 02, 2015
safarigirl:
it's not just the son getting more money, it's the daughter having to draft 12 pages of an application letter to get money for petty stuff like hair and all

You may be different, but many girls have to go through unnecessary hassles for 'basic girl stuff'
this wasn't true for me.
My parents believed a girl is higher maintenance than a boy.

And were totally against us taking gifts from men.
Even though we disobeyed sometimes cheesy

1 Like

Re: Higher Education And The Female Child by Grinrubee(f): 6:13pm On Mar 02, 2015
[quote author=safarigirl post=31202303] I'm writing this article strictly out of necessity. Not only is this based on the experiences of others, but also on personal experience

I want to start by posting a known fact. It's not by force to have a child, neither is it necessary to send your child to a higher institution, ESPECIALLY a girl child

See ehn, make una forget anything, the truth and the koko of the matter, forgetting all these yeye posts on NL is that most girls go into the University WITH ONLY their PARENTS as their source of finances. There is no money bag somewhere that provides money for us. Na only us waka come

There is a popular saying that when you're in 100 level, money comes in steady, as you progress it becomes less frequent and reduces in amount, by the time you're in your final year, if you even see 1k alert from your family, na to shoki reach ATM.

Many students especially those in government institutions can testify to this fact.....but I digress. It has come to my knowledge that most parents do not pay as much attention to their daughters in higher institution as they do their sons, because the female child is perceived as the 'understanding' one, who is supposed to 'persevere' because she's a 'nurturer'....that is by far the biggest load of BS ever peddled by the male folk (yes, na boys cause am angry)

All those bad belle brothers wey dey like shorten their sisters' monthly allowance on top tales of one (imaginary) boyfriend that is sending her regular money, just know that your village people have already pounded the yam that they'll use and lick soup ontop your head angry.

If not for the fear of God that some girls have, obatala knows that the amount of runs girls that would've been in this country for don reach to rival the entire Cape Verde's population. Not every girl has a business she's doing in school and we all can't combine business with schooling. Why then should parents transfer their burden to one small boy that made the error of toasting their daughter? Boy wey still dey collect money from house go come dey feed your daughter for school on your behalf, unto wetin?

Even if there is a boyfriend, is it his job to provide food, clothes and hair product from your daughter? If he provides all of that, what is her consideration in such a contract? And by consideration, I mean, her sacrifice. You want your daughter to leave school and immediately marry, but you allow her look unkempt while in school and starve thinking she has a guy that does it all, like say the guy follow una conceive.

Please, if you have a daughter in school, do well as a parent to see to her needs, even the petty ones, don't wait for memos from your child before you know your job. The tertiary instituion is hard enough, but peer pressure is a b*tch and not every child is understanding and persevering. Shame on a child is shame on his/her parents too, so nothing like 'shebi na she get herself?'...na una get her

I'm sorry I wasn't able to pass across my message in what some may term a 'civil' manner, but some things gats come in pidgin for the message to make sense smiley.

I'm not hitting at parents
My dear werin you talk sweet me well well. Na the truth of the matter be that
God go do beta things for your life..

1 Like

Re: Higher Education And The Female Child by simdam500(m): 6:26pm On Mar 02, 2015
I don't see how reading the op article will stop the situation already. Once a child was brought up well and decided to do his own will when he/she is all aline..

Whatever comes after that he/she bear the consequences...

Tag me a bad father or bad bro... I've got a lot on my shoulders
Re: Higher Education And The Female Child by hahn(m): 6:30pm On Mar 02, 2015
nairalandbuzz:
Read and Understood.

OP, I just got married last year and my wife asked me last month saying... that I attended a top UK University and at the end didn't marry a girl that did same or someone in my cadre like a Nigerian University Graduate but I just laughed and then explained to her what you just described... ...

I stand to be corrected but I told her that I dont trust them... Most of them are runs girls cos I also attended Yaba Tech and I hear UNILAG girls stories cos they are so close to us like lips and nose.

There are exceptions, which I dont want to delve into but the bad ones don paint the good ones bad and they all look greyish to everyone.

I would prefer a lady that did OND or just Advanced Levels, work and then do part time school studies... To me, they are more material than those in full time school that have gone greyed.

When I was in YABATECH, I dated a lady and at the end of the courtship, she mentioned the conditions that pushed her into dating in school and most especially someone like me.

1. I was brilliant and I pass without reading cos while in lecture room, I seem to grab everything and don't need to read so I can devote my time to teach her the more. [This she got cos I had enough time to teach her thereby knowing it more myself cos i love programming and calculations... even for exam revisions, she does not give me any breathing space to read but only to teach her, which is at no expense for me]
2. I was the class governor and so, she has upper hand with the lecturers. [Lecturers will even call me to see her paper (ODO) before being marked lol funny right? and Dating the governor made some other lecturers excuse dating her for me]
3. Funds. [I gave it to her cos money NEVER [always] came on time from Ijebu and I should be there to support]

She got full package and she got the best deal.

I hope you are no longer a mugu. I will have to first be dead before doing those things you mentioned. Warri can never carry last

Proudly a wafarian!

1 Like

Re: Higher Education And The Female Child by timilinda(f): 6:31pm On Mar 02, 2015
searching4love:

Wetin concern you undecided

Hahahahahahahaha!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin cheesy cheesy cheesy I want u 2 be happy na!
Re: Higher Education And The Female Child by RazziP(m): 6:33pm On Mar 02, 2015
Is allowed
Re: Higher Education And The Female Child by ebosse(m): 6:42pm On Mar 02, 2015
mmsen:

Again, you are trying to pretend as if that second category (so called "spoiled brats"wink of female are few.

The reality is that there are more of them around than many people are comfortable with.

Of course, probably 9o% ... But that's not my concern.. I'm interested in the other 10% and how to stop them from crossing the line.

Oga oh, I don come across the disgraceful typical 9ja girl more than I can count but I've also seen the ones worthy of infinite respect...as far as there is still 1% out there then I don't see y we shouldn't talk about them... No b everyday we go dey talk about gold diggers, whor_es and runs girls naoooo.
Re: Higher Education And The Female Child by mmsen: 6:43pm On Mar 02, 2015
ebosse:

Of course, probably 9o% ... But that's not my concern.. I'm interested in the other 10% and how to stop them from crossing the line.

Oga oh, I don come across the disgraceful typical 9ja girl more than I can count but I've also seen the ones worthy of infinite respect...as far as there is still 1% out there then I don't see y we shouldn't talk about them... No b everyday we go dey talk about gold diggers, whor_es and runs girls naoooo.

I can respect your opinion.
Re: Higher Education And The Female Child by Nobody: 7:00pm On Mar 02, 2015
From safarigirl's imbecilic OP, we now know that there are at least 84 prosstitutes on nairaland, Safarigirl inclusive. This is akin to saying parents should give their sons more money if they don't want their sons to become career armed-robbers or kidnappers. Na God go punish all of una wey dey rationalise fvcking for money. What rubbish.
Re: Higher Education And The Female Child by Nobody: 7:02pm On Mar 02, 2015
freecocoa:
I watched my elder sister come home most weekends from the university, to demand for money, she taught me the trick of coming unannounced, because your demands would be met faster than when you called on the phone, my brother(her twin) was placed on a monthly allowance and somehow, he managed to stick to that, except on very few occasions when he had to call and gave detailed/reasonable explanation of what he needed the money for, and whenever he complained of the girls getting all the love, he was always reminded that our needs are much higher than his, with my mum listing some of the things a girl needs, he never won the argument so he stopped complaining.

The girls always and I mean always got more money in my house, because my parents knew we had to buy clothes, make hair, make up, cream and other girly things. Same with most girls I know, tbh, I'm surprised at this your article.
no mind that woman, to put it nicely. And that man @sirshymexx was there backing her up with some kind of false propaganda.

When i was in secondary school in boarding house, my sisters were in a sister boardinghouse too. My father gave us, me and my brother, only 500naira a term. And my sisters he gave 1500. This was around 1998 to 2002. Because me and my brother were young, my father gave our money to a guardian to keep for us so that anytime we needed money, we would go to him to get it. Do you know that because we were not too confident to stand before older people very much, the 500 naira would remain even till the end of the term.

When my sisters' money finishes, my father would call them to go to our school and collect ours since we are not using it! Lol. That was the lesson where i learnt how true it was what the bible says "...even the little you have will be taken from you".

That was the case with most of my friends who had sisters in the same sister secondary school.

If the op is trying to pull another feminist debate, i think she's done a poor job with this one!

1 Like

Re: Higher Education And The Female Child by safarigirl(f): 7:10pm On Mar 02, 2015
Timbuktou:
From safarigirl's imbecilic OP, we now know that there are at least 84 prosstitutes on nairaland, Safarigirl inclusive. This is akin to saying parents should give their sons more money if they don't want their sons to become career armed-robbers or kidnappers. Na God go punish all of una wey dey rationalise fvcking for money. What rubbish.
from your post, it's easy to decipher that you're part of the 21 million deranged people roaming the country

Meanwhile the topic posted on FP is NOT the message I was trying to pass across. Grow a brain or hush kiss
Re: Higher Education And The Female Child by Nobody: 7:12pm On Mar 02, 2015
cococandy:
this wasn't true for me.

ori e pe o jare! I was thinking you would just buy into the lies the op is telling. He speaks lies as if people wey dey here never attend uni or boarding house.

My perception of you is begining to change. Next time, i will relate with you more in a civil way even if we disagreed.
Re: Higher Education And The Female Child by freecocoa(f): 7:12pm On Mar 02, 2015
craziebone:
no mind that woman, to put it nicely. And that man @sirshymexx was there backing her up with some kind of false propaganda.

When i was in secondary school in boarding house, my sisters were in a sister boardinghouse too. My father gave us, me and my brother, only 500naira a term. And my sisters he gave 1500. This was around 1998 to 2002. Because me and my brother were young, my father gave our money to a guardian to keep for us so that anytime we needed money, we would go to him to get it. Do you know that because we were not too confident to stand before older people very much, the 500 naira would remain even till the end of the term.

When my sisters' money finishes, my father would call them to go to our school and collect ours since we are not using it! Lol. That was the lesson where i learnt how true it was what the bible says "...even the little you have will be taken from you".

That was the case with most of my friends who had sisters in the same sister secondary school.

If the op is trying to pull another feminist debate, i think she's done a poor job with this one!
You are one funny dude.grin grin
Re: Higher Education And The Female Child by safarigirl(f): 7:13pm On Mar 02, 2015
cococandy:
this wasn't true for me.

for house, nothing like higher maintenance, you must still defend why you need more money than your bro. We operate a 'gender equality' house

I don't take gifts from men, I'm paranoid about that- highly
Re: Higher Education And The Female Child by cococandy(f): 7:18pm On Mar 02, 2015
craziebone:

ori e pe o jare! I was thinking you would just buy into the lies the op is telling. He speaks lies as if people wey dey here never attend uni or boarding house.

My perception of you is begining to change. Next time, i will relate with you more in a civil way even if we disagreed .

Agamaeyesonyou....

Let's see how that goes
Re: Higher Education And The Female Child by Nobody: 7:20pm On Mar 02, 2015
Vock:

Safari!!!! please fear God, how will a mother send 100k to the guy and nothing to the girl.. this one must be fabricated

don't mind pathetic liers here on NL who insist on doing a poor job trying to bring up a feminst debate. I understand feminism has some reasonable course to fight but why go about telling lies so as to draw attention to a course? No body will ever send 100k to a boy in a university that probably takes care of his feeding, and refuse to give even 1k to a daughter who has to take care of herself.
Re: Higher Education And The Female Child by Nobody: 7:24pm On Mar 02, 2015
freecocoa:
You are one funny dude.grin grin

na true na! Even the little you have will be taken away from you. They taught we were being economical. Infact, at that time, they thought we were children so we didn't need money. They no know say na fear dey catch us to go beging ask for our money from teacher.
Re: Higher Education And The Female Child by Nobody: 7:27pm On Mar 02, 2015
cococandy:

Agamaeyesonyou....

Let's see how that goes

hmmm. ***kisses and hugs***

sorry to have made you avoid me.
Re: Higher Education And The Female Child by cococandy(f): 7:28pm On Mar 02, 2015
safarigirl:
for house, nothing like higher maintenance, you must still defend why you need more money than your bro. We operate a 'gender equality' house

I don't take gifts from men, I'm paranoid about that- highly

There's really nothing to defend. Every child was given money in my house according to their needs Except the basic house rent, school fees and text book monies which were similar.

Clothing and personal maintenance for girls is usually higher so they tried to be fair to every person in the house by giving them according to their needs.

Really has nothing to do with gender equality.
Except the boy wants to braid his hair, wear make up and jewelry, do regular manicure and pedicures,buy sanitary pads,tampons and all the miscellaneous stuff that ends up eating into a girl's pocket little by little then we would be talking gender equality.

It is just a by-your-need care for each child in a way that makes sure non of them lacks anything in order to prove pointless points of gender equality
Re: Higher Education And The Female Child by ejikeme(m): 7:36pm On Mar 02, 2015
safarigirl:
I'm writing this article strictly out of necessity. Not only is this based on the experiences of others, but also on personal experience

I want to start by posting a known fact. It's not by force to have a child, neither is it necessary to send your child to a higher institution, ESPECIALLY a girl child

See ehn, make una forget anything, the truth and the koko of the matter, forgetting all these yeye posts on NL is that most girls go into the University WITH ONLY their PARENTS as their source of finances. There is no money bag somewhere that provides money for us. Na only us waka come

There is a popular saying that when you're in 100 level, money comes in steady, as you progress it becomes less frequent and reduces in amount, by the time you're in your final year, if you even see 1k alert from your family, na to shoki reach ATM.

Many students especially those in government institutions can testify to this fact.....but I digress. It has come to my knowledge that most parents do not pay as much attention to their daughters in higher institution as they do their sons, because the female child is perceived as the 'understanding' one, who is supposed to 'persevere' because she's a 'nurturer'....that is by far the biggest load of BS ever peddled by the male folk (yes, na boys cause am angry)

All those bad belle brothers wey dey like shorten their sisters' monthly allowance on top tales of one (imaginary) boyfriend that is sending her regular money, just know that your village people have already pounded the yam that they'll use and lick soup ontop your head angry.

If not for the fear of God that some girls have, obatala knows that the amount of runs girls that would've been in this country for don reach to rival the entire Cape Verde's population. Not every girl has a business she's doing in school and we all can't combine business with schooling. Why then should parents transfer their burden to one small boy that made the error of toasting their daughter? Boy wey still dey collect money from house go come dey feed your daughter for school on your behalf, unto wetin?

Even if there is a boyfriend, is it his job to provide food, clothes and hair product from your daughter? If he provides all of that, what is her consideration in such a contract? And by consideration, I mean, her sacrifice. You want your daughter to leave school and immediately marry, but you allow her look unkempt while in school and starve thinking she has a guy that does it all, like say the guy follow una conceive.

Please, if you have a daughter in school, do well as a parent to see to her needs, even the petty ones, don't wait for memos from your child before you know your job. The tertiary instituion is hard enough, but peer pressure is a b*tch and not every child is understanding and persevering. Shame on a child is shame on his/her parents too, so nothing like 'shebi na she get herself?'...na una get her

I'm sorry I wasn't able to pass across my message in what some may term a 'civil' manner, but some things gats come in pidgin for the message to make sense smiley.

I'm not hitting at parents who try their best, I'm hitting at those who don't try at all and expect 'understanding'. Thanks for reading

not as easy as you may think. I took the last place whenever it comes to monetary issues with my parent. and i never complained. I'm not looping you in but i must confess during my time in school 8 yrs ago, i know some girls who can't cut their clothes according to their size
Re: Higher Education And The Female Child by safarigirl(f): 7:52pm On Mar 02, 2015
cococandy:

There's teally nothing to defend. Every child was given money in my house according to their needs Except the basic house rent, school fees and text book monies which were similar.

Clothing and personal maintenance for girls is usually higher so they tried to be fair to every person in the house by giving them according to their needs.

Really has nothing to do with gender equality.
Except the boy wants to braid his hair, wear make up and jewelry, do regular manicure and pedicures,buy sanitary pads,tampons and all the miscellaneous stuff that ends up eating into a girl's pocket little by little then we would be talking gender equality.

It is just a by-your-need care for each child in a way that makes sure non of them lacks anything in order to prove pointless points of gender equality
I don't even get textbook money....I just photocopy materials and find my seniors who aren't using theirs anymore

Clothing money is out of the question sef, but we dey manage, wetin (wo)man go do?
Re: Higher Education And The Female Child by safarigirl(f): 7:57pm On Mar 02, 2015
ejikeme:

not as easy as you may think. I took the last place whenever it comes to monetary issues with my parent. and i never complained. I'm not looping you in but i must confess during my time in school 8 yrs ago, i know some girls who can't cut their clothes according to their size
I know such girls as well. Difference is, I don't even got a cloth to cut smiley

Lots of people won't even understand, most girls don't even call their parents for money at all cuz they know the drill so they get jobs and stuff. If I must get a job, it has to be something that won't interfer with my schooling, apart from stuff like ushering (which I think is coded ashawo work) and the likes which I'm way too small (not young, just small) to get as jobs, what else is there really?
Re: Higher Education And The Female Child by cococandy(f): 8:57pm On Mar 02, 2015
craziebone:

hmmm. ***kisses and hugs***

sorry to have made you avoid me.
shocked shocked
Re: Higher Education And The Female Child by cococandy(f): 9:00pm On Mar 02, 2015
safarigirl:
I don't even get textbook money....I just photocopy materials and find my seniors who aren't using theirs anymore

Clothing money is out of the question sef, but we dey manage, wetin (wo)man go do?
well.... They are your parents. Try manage what they can provide.

I'm sure it is the best they can do. They probably would do more if they could.

1 Like

Re: Higher Education And The Female Child by Nobody: 9:12pm On Mar 02, 2015
cococandy:
shocked shocked

why the face? wink could you pls explain, wo de ai ren?
Re: Higher Education And The Female Child by Nobody: 9:13pm On Mar 02, 2015
Boys getting more money than girls, this is news to me.
Re: Higher Education And The Female Child by cococandy(f): 9:23pm On Mar 02, 2015
craziebone:

why the face? wink could you pls explain, wo de ai ren?

@bold. What are you speaking? I don't get that.

The face? Oh that's the face people make when Obama declares that he's turning best friends with Osama.

They are both surprised and keenly watching grin
Re: Higher Education And The Female Child by Nobody: 9:27pm On Mar 02, 2015
safarigirl:
I know such girls as well. Difference is, I don't even got a cloth to cut smiley

Lots of people won't even understand, most girls don't even call their parents for money at all cuz they know the drill so they get jobs and stuff. If I must get a job, it has to be something that won't interfer with my schooling, apart from stuff like ushering (which I think is coded ashawo work) and the likes which I'm way too small (not young, just small) to get as jobs, what else is there really?

that it is happening to you doesn't mean it is happening to most girls. Girls are taken far more seriously than guys by uncles, auntys, parents cousins etc.

Talking about hustling while in school, guys do this far more than girls do. Many guys in school are into tutorials. How many girls are doing that? When it comes to being a brand ambassador, yes there are ladies there but we have men too. When it comes to mobilization of young people for political rallies, guys do it more. When it comes to photocopying and offering internet and barbing services close to school and by students, you find guys dominating it. When it comes to having viewing centres close to school and for students, guys are the ones who do it.

Infact, it is absolutely untrue what you said that parents believe girls can understand. Parents don't think like that! Instead, what's obtainable is that parents don't care about boys very much and they find it so easy to tell him "afterall, you are a boy".
Re: Higher Education And The Female Child by tpiah01: 9:31pm On Mar 02, 2015
safarigirl:
it's not just the son getting more money, it's the daughter having to draft 12 pages of an application letter to get money for petty stuff like hair and all

You may be different, but many girls have to go through unnecessary hassles for 'basic girl stuff'

I really cant make sense of what you're ranting about.

are you speaking of your own experiences?

Ie is this a personal thing for you, couldnt make sense of your original post either.

What is it with women and hating on each other especially if men are in the picture?
Re: Higher Education And The Female Child by Nobody: 9:33pm On Mar 02, 2015
90% of those part time prostitutes are from rich or at least average homes, their problem is just greed. The contented ones always happen to be from less buoyant backgrounds. Been through uni myself, so I know. Life is so ironical.
Re: Higher Education And The Female Child by Nobody: 9:34pm On Mar 02, 2015
naijababe:
Boys getting more money than girls, this is news to me.

i think the op is only using her own experience, which i don't think is the way she is saying it, to generalize for everyone. It could even be that her parents are still giving her more that they give to anyone else in the house but you know...sometimes, we are just blind to some of our privilages.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Dad Gave N3m To His Boss' Wife To Buy Vehicle For Him, Now He's Dead / Man Dumps His Blind Wife In Port Harcourt, Packs Out Of His Home With Housemaid / Maid Who Savagely Beat Ugandan Toddler To Face Attempted Murder Charge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.