Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,114 members, 7,811,133 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:41 AM

Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! (29058 Views)

Becareful Of Scammers On Nairaland !!!!! / List Of Scammers Phone Number In Nigeria. / In 1995, Nigerian Scammers Sold A Fake Airport To A Foreign Bank For $242M (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! by Ademusiwa1: 10:05pm On Mar 06, 2015
grin angry
Re: Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! by 9jatatafo(m): 10:07pm On Mar 06, 2015
Hahahahahaha
Re: Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! by SuperSuave(m): 10:07pm On Mar 06, 2015
Samething happened to my pastor. Thank God my mom advised him to ask some questions at the last min, he would have sent 300k to get the first 2(150k each)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! by Obikodo(m): 10:08pm On Mar 06, 2015
ajixkhid1:
Blame it on #Gej we need change ... VOTE BUHARI
my friend shatap ya mat

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! by Nobody: 10:08pm On Mar 06, 2015
This same thing happened to me. He saw my compete info in the nysc year book. He requested for my email and sent me a job application from with AGIP header,i was pretty shocked. I fill everything and submitted then he asked for funds which I would be paying.

To my greatest suprise, my brother works with AGIP and he didn't tell am about any opening, I began to wonder how they knew about the opening which my bro didn't.

All in all, I didn't fall prey for their scam. You can only get scammed be these people if you aren't smart or If you are greedy.

Modified.

Finally I'm unbanned. I await the next ban

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! by xandy84: 10:09pm On Mar 06, 2015
It not new scam bro. Such scam has been on for time immemorial. My uncle almost got scam for 35 million for such supply scam years back. The bottom line is ask questions and make your findings in life. Never for once believe what you hear or what you are told until you make your findings. Never assume you know people bro, ask them questions and if they are not asnwering your questions, time to let them go. That saves you lots of stories for the gods

1 Like

Re: Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! by Nobody: 10:10pm On Mar 06, 2015
This scam has been around since 1999. What surprised me was that they knew my name. There is this chinedu chap from NNPC, another Pastor Micah from Port Harcourt . The variations are just too much. I finally found out from a police friend of mne how these scammers know your name. They get it from BULK SMS sellers. and companies who run shortcodes for promos of major businesses. Nbl, Nigerian idols, project fame etc.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! by Nobody: 10:12pm On Mar 06, 2015
No job should be paid for , no matter what. Even if na #20!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! by eedrees(m): 10:13pm On Mar 06, 2015
I was once a victim of dis kinda poo..
Bt d story is kinda different

Loose 40k

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! by leonn(m): 10:13pm On Mar 06, 2015
I got same call from same person last week same number and same technique he stylishly ask my present location and told me get the stock from a warehouse manager at igando lagos then he gave that same number, i ignored Him not calling any warehouse manager cos i knew it was a scam......
Now how did they get my contact from investigation i discovered that they get ones info by posting fake job opening and asking one to send cv to certain email address from there they get ones full details i also went ahead with my investigation and discovered that these guys are some jobless dude from portharcourt with cohort in lagos, having little knowledge in oil and gas processing and trying to scam despirate job seekers indirectly....SO NIGERIANS BEWARE!!!!!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! by holusormi(m): 10:15pm On Mar 06, 2015
I also got a text from one of them ,
Here's my reply

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! by mrrock: 10:20pm On Mar 06, 2015
francizy:
I just got a call this morning from someone that knew my name.

I posted this to make people aware that these scammers have taken a whole new dimension. They may even be someone you know, or have met before but can't really recall them. I posted this because I want you guys out there to be aware of demonic fellows like this because that guy sounded like he knew me in person. Had it been I didn't ask questions, I wouldn't have known he's just another scammer

Although I'm yet to get a job but I don't let desperation set in. Some people might have just given in to this cheap scam.

When will you learn?. They are people you met here on Nairaland. So, stop giving people wrong advise. Beware of people you meet in this forum. 99% of naija scammers use Nairaland like you do.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! by tonquendo4u(m): 10:26pm On Mar 06, 2015
Anybody asking me to pay cash for a job,even if na 5h don jam tipper wey carry concrete. Anyway,where u c money wey u wan scam sef

1 Like

Re: Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! by emerald2play(m): 10:27pm On Mar 06, 2015
Had a similar experience last wk. Mistery guy sent a text to me. Apparently he impersonated sum1 from my nysc yearbook and claimed he knew me. He gave me d no of an engineer who works in shell. dis so called engr had a strong local accent and asked me to send 25k. A whooping 25k ohh.dose guys hv mind sha.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! by Plus234(m): 10:28pm On Mar 06, 2015
Op what will happen if you decided to visit Julius Berger as he instructed you ?
Re: Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! by Nobody: 10:30pm On Mar 06, 2015
I think it's this same guy who called me to supply 2way radio I guess he got my contact on olx and after he requested for some doc I don't av so I introduced him to my uncle as my boss cos he owns a big warehouse on the island, he got everything he requested for from my uncle and to our surprise he knew we got his pranks and luckily for my uncle he travelled to the UK and his mobile phone was with his driver who he called and collected my uncle's house address , u won't believe that he went into his house and rob him but fortunately he was away and the house was empty without anyone so pls everyone should be careful

1 Like

Re: Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! by charly4tex(m): 10:31pm On Mar 06, 2015
francizy:

I posted this to make people aware that these scammers have taken a whole new dimension. They may even be someone you know, or have met before but can't really recall them. I posted this because I want you guys out there to be aware of demonic fellows like this because that guy sounded like he knew me in person. Had it been I didn't ask questions, I wouldn't have known he's just another scammer

Although I'm yet to get a job but I don't let desperation set in. Some people might have just given in to this cheap scam.

Thank God u r able to identify them as scammer, they tried same technique but different dimension on me mid last year but fail them, they knew that d youths r desperate when it comes to job openings and quick cash.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! by kennykendo(m): 10:31pm On Mar 06, 2015
francizy:

d same thing happened to me last year he called me by my native name that only my family knows he told me i had served at Delta State .....a state i have never been to in my life...he gave the same description of items u gave that's the JULIUS BERGER thing......there is GOD grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cool

1 Like

Re: Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! by abimbawealth(f): 10:35pm On Mar 06, 2015
Scamming are of different forms now, don't be surprised when you discover that these people are ones you know. Not only about job sef, you loaning your friend money and him refusing to pay back nkor?What do we call that? May God just direct us and make us sensitive.

Do not fall for any opening that requires you paying upfront

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! by Divinehenrich(m): 10:37pm On Mar 06, 2015
hmmmm, I also face a similar situation this week. I got a call from some one who claimed to be Benjamin okereke and that he also work with PHCN. He told me about a deal of supplying materials to PHCN.according to him, the materials will be brought at cheaper rate and be supplied to the company at a very profitable rate.........and bulabula....., I should get pen and paper to call him back so that he can give me the full details. I know it was a scam, I completely ignore that stupid fallow.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! by biuti(f): 10:39pm On Mar 06, 2015
Na wa for dis scammers o

1 Like

Re: Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! by evea: 10:39pm On Mar 06, 2015
Mine was he is my sister husband and dt he sent sm1 to give me goods. He asked where do I work. I told him I am an army officer working in Ikeja barracks. bt I told him my sister husband don't have my number n don't even know me. He hang up

1 Like

Re: Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! by Ubyy: 10:40pm On Mar 06, 2015
I got back from work and my mum tells me the exact same thing...

1 Like

Re: Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! by yassjib: 10:41pm On Mar 06, 2015
I fall 4 dem exactly what u said no - no + 3 yrs back. God will protect us

1 Like

Re: Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! by onadana: 10:42pm On Mar 06, 2015
Recycled scam...this is old..ooooo...people keep being magad on a daily bases because of greed. Real success comes only through hard work.
Re: Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! by linusbnn(m): 10:43pm On Mar 06, 2015
francizy:

Bros I got this same call wen I was in 200level or so 2009. The guy called me and call me my native name wic made me belive dis person knows me very well and said he was Engineerthat he used to visit my dads shop blablabla and said sometin about supply of machinery to RCC construction company @sapele road in benin.I told him that am in ekpoma at the moment and I can't travel to benin,he now went forward to explain my profit and gave me one other numba to call,the chinise man who will assist me on the supply,bro I enta bus wit one of my guy for sch from ekpoma to benin, I called d number agn after we 1st spoke and d man way saying I will pay for d machines b4 I will carry it to RCC company,that d 1st caller was supposed to have informed me, many many talk,I just waste my tfare and sun wan kill person that day...many more but can't type agn

1 Like

Re: Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! by savanto: 10:46pm On Mar 06, 2015
jimohibrahim:
i was a victim

Can't you see it's because your are the famous Jimoh Ibrahim?
Re: Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! by onadana: 10:48pm On Mar 06, 2015
Old story....one wanted to hit me..told him I was on a journey... don't have credit to call until I get to my destination. I said if its that important... send me credit let me make the call.I maga the maga mtn 1500.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

EndSARS Protesters Sold Two Policemen’s Skulls For N1,000 / Woman Dies After Husband Set Her Ablaze For Insisting To Travel For Mum's Burial / Oba Solomon Akinola & 10 Oyo Chiefs To Face Kidnapping, Terrorism Charges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.