Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,065 members, 7,810,972 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:47 PM

Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! (29052 Views)

Becareful Of Scammers On Nairaland !!!!! / List Of Scammers Phone Number In Nigeria. / In 1995, Nigerian Scammers Sold A Fake Airport To A Foreign Bank For $242M (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! by electropiz(m): 7:19am On Mar 07, 2015
kilokeys:
NySC handbook having contacts of all passing out corpers..
thats how they got ur info

When i served we didn't add our phone numbers on the handbook because of these fraudsters

1 Like

Re: Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! by kilokeys(m): 7:24am On Mar 07, 2015
electropiz:

When i served we didn't add our phone numbers on the handbook because of these fraudsters

ur names are good enough.. google ur full name for example.. and u would see ur life outside. they could still get ur number if u do business online or advertise online

and if they have ur number.. thanks to true caller.. ur name would be seen

1 Like

Re: Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! by scobaba: 7:36am On Mar 07, 2015
kilokeys:
NySC handbook having contacts of all passing out corpers..
thats how they got ur info

Pally you are absolutely correct. NYSC handbook it is.

One mofo kept sendin me different texts dat he's got a job openin where he works and wants to know if i'm interested.

Today he will say it's shell, 2morw Mobil, upper week chevron etc.

The day he stopped was when he said he works with agip and I told him I work there and would like to see him since we are in the same office.

Jobless mugu.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! by dharn10(m): 7:54am On Mar 07, 2015
I received similar call 2years ago... same supply stuff... this person mention my full name and the church I attend in lag.... that we met in the church, he described himself yet I don't remember meeting anyone like that . beside, I wonder how someone I can't even remember to be willing to help me with a job. and even adviced me to run the biznes with my job... coz I told him am working with a firm.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! by Dovy: 7:59am On Mar 07, 2015
ajixkhid1:
Blame it on #Gej we need change ... VOTE BUHARI
I bu Ewu!! We are talking abt scammer nd how to avoid them nd u dey talk of NonCertificateBuhari, go get life Aturu

1 Like

Re: Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! by marcusagrippa(m): 8:16am On Mar 07, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Am suspecting apc thugs as d criminals, dey nid money badly for Buhari campaign.
Weak-brained fellow. Have you taken your pills today?
Re: Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! by tomiobj(m): 8:31am On Mar 07, 2015
Olld sumtn. Deve been doin dah since d 90's. They check sm1's fone nnd check a number and put down the name or they do it from a stolenn phone. I always catch them. Imagine they stole. My brodas fone nd (mask d voice by putting a handkerchief ova d mic) den dey called me mr adedeji. Plls aw can my broda call me by my llast name wif mr again. Woh I do is I Whyne dem nd sttall (while wasting deiir credit) when m tired ill justt swear for dem nd hanng up.
francizy:
I just got a call this morning from someone that knew my name.

I posted this to make people aware that these scammers have taken a whole new dimension. They may even be someone you know, or have met before but can't really recall them. I posted this because I want you guys out there to be aware of demonic fellows like this because that guy sounded like he knew me in person. Had it been I didn't ask questions, I wouldn't have known he's just another scammer

Although I'm yet to get a job but I don't let desperation set in. Some people might have just given in to this cheap scam.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! by Nobody: 8:52am On Mar 07, 2015
Trying to hustle an hustler, same happened to me last year, called my full name and claimed to be an engineer, I should help supply some heavy-duty equipment to Kainji, wasted the guys time and call unit. Crazy people.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! by DONFASZY(m): 9:44am On Mar 07, 2015
I got dis too n I yab him papa n mama...

1 Like

Re: Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! by iliasaa(m): 10:00am On Mar 07, 2015
francizy:

I posted this to make people aware that these scammers have taken a whole new dimension. They may even be someone you know, or have met before but can't really recall them. I posted this because I want you guys out there to be aware of demonic fellows like this because that guy sounded like he knew me in person. Had it been I didn't ask questions, I wouldn't have known he's just another scammer

Although I'm yet to get a job but I don't let desperation set in. Some people might have just given in to this cheap scam.
infact the same thing happen to me two weeks ago. the same style. the engineer elder and supply of material . I had to believe it because the guy knew my former place of work n my address so I was going along until I call the honorable that I will supply the goods to ,then I discover that na 419 dem be. I believe the guy that initiated the fraud was a friend from my bank

1 Like

Re: Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! by AdemolaA2: 10:06am On Mar 07, 2015
Waoh. thank God you're bringing this to public notice and awareness. It happened to me in 2012 feb while i was on a visit trip to naija. The dude that called me was just very on point that i was almost digressing my real identity to him but got back to my senses when i figured i had wasted my call credit and was about to be scammed. One question i asked him and he was was gibberish was ''why do you want me in this multi million naira shrevon deal and not one of your relatives?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! by osz4real001(m): 10:38am On Mar 07, 2015
This is another scammers number 07018526946.
Guys take note and beware. He will call an tell u he has a job for u. Do not fall for it. Again beware!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! by favouryemmy: 11:12am On Mar 07, 2015
The scam is real. Within last month alone I received two calls from 2 people trying to use the same strategy to scam me. I told them I'll call them back which I didn't and they also didn't call back since then. That was how I took care of them at that time and if they called back I was prepared for them. Those people mentioned my full name as if they knew me well. Right from the start of the conversation, I knew this was a scam. So my people, be very careful. There are no goods to supply, they just want to extort people.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! by liveyoung(m): 11:15am On Mar 07, 2015
this message was sent to me 2days back......."Abdullahi Hi hw are u .my name is charles emmanuel ur ex-kopa mate @ jigawa. state batch .A. 2013,hv u gotten a job if no. Call me nw i work wit.SHELL. S. P.D. C. there is a recuitment going on"...& i replied:

" thank u very much Emma. infact, am working wit forte oil ryt now.Emma? u're a big thief, go & look for sth reasonable to lay ur hands on"......scammer number is +234 813 351 7594

1 Like

Re: Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! by chinnael(m): 12:17pm On Mar 07, 2015
Just like what my friend whom his father is a Rev pastor,the guy now in Thailand aws i told him that things are not going well with me here in Naija he now promise to invite me in Thailand that he will get a job for me.but what make me to think he is a scammer is he told to go and obtain an International passport,i went and do the International passport,i sent him my email address,and he sent me three papers one is from Thailand,another from NDLEA and also another one for Guirantor both Nigeria and out there in Thailand but to make every thing short he said i should go and look for visa money of which he said is 600k and he will pay for my ticket will also give BTA and pay for hotel,but i told i dont have that kind of money after every thing he said i should go and look for 100k and should do every thing fast. So my question is,is it possible to obtain thailand visa outside nigeria with that huge amount of money just visa alone.pls help

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! by Oiselenjakhian(m): 1:54pm On Mar 07, 2015
Hello I am a web developer. My personal website is [url]trustondevcenary.com[/url] please visit my site and get in touch with me if you want a website.

In addition [url]afrogearclothing.com[/url] is a website that I designed for a client. Please visit it and subscribe by email to receive updates when we launch.
Re: Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! by Faposky95: 2:04pm On Mar 07, 2015
can't we play along and get these guys.
arrested and faces shown
we can do alot of good
food for thought.

Nairalanders arise.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! by bigboymegzy: 2:08pm On Mar 07, 2015
francizy:

This exact guy tried to scam me. I played all along and he even gave me an account number. I recorded all our conversation in my phone and wanted to alert the efcc. At the end i told him that i have paid and when he realised that i played him he started abusing, i just told him to f**k off.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! by lafiask: 3:34pm On Mar 07, 2015
thank u bro, i had the same experience, but in my own case the guy said he is ibrahim my class mate in uni, he even went further by calling the names of some of my class mates. He said they are presently working in bayelsa(private power firm) and they need more cables each costing 100,000, he said i should go to a man in julius berger and tell him that i am here through ibrahim so the man will give me the suppply in a lesser price. God have mercy. A long story shaa. I later knew he was a scammer.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! by francizy(m): 4:05pm On Mar 07, 2015
bigboymegzy:

This exact guy tried to scam me. I played all along and he even gave me an account number. I recorded all our conversation in my phone and wanted to alert the efcc. At the end i told him that i have paid and when he realised that i played him he started abusing, i just told him to f**k off.

I actually made a mistake by not playing along with the morĂ´n
Re: Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! by s3nn2x(m): 6:51pm On Mar 07, 2015
Wow!

This is really crazy. The same thing happened to me last week monday or so.

A man called me, he even called my name, I actually thought it was someone I know. In fact, the guy sounded like one guy that works in a court in Abuja. So, I assumed that it was him.

The person used a number '0814', I will go and look for the number. Anyway, the person told me he was in Zungeru, Niger State and they went there to lauch a power plant or something. He said that he got a contract to supply exactly what the OP mentioned, he said they needed like 100 cartons and each cartons costs like 450k. He told me that he told the contractor that it costs 550k per carton, he told me I would get 30 percent of what ever he makes, that's like 3million naira.

He sent a number of one 'Engr Amadi' of MILLS Engineering in Galadima, Abuja to me he said I should call the guy and place an order. I called the guy and the man told me they had it in stock. I was already thinking of how I was going to spend the 3million sef, it was so good to be true. The man even told me not to tell anyone.

After I spoke to the Engr Amadi, the man I thought I knew now sent me the number of the contractor, one Dr, Something. He said I should bargain with him, the Dr. Said they were coming to Abuja from Zungeru that money and they would come with cash and pay to my account.

The said contractor said they would need to see a sample, i called my said friend and he said i should call the engineer, I called the engineer and he said he would have given me the sample for free but he said people were not buying it. He said I had to pay the 450k for the sample.

I called my 'friend' and he said he was not close to bank and that I should look for the money. In my mind, I already said that if I am asked to pay anything, that I wont do that. I told the guy that my account was in the red and there was no money.

He then said he would call the supplier and bargain with him, the guy called me and said i should pay 45k for something requisition that i would buy it. I told the guy that I dont have the money.

I told my colleague about it and they said it was scam.

I then called the guy 2 days later, and he told me the same thing.

After I called the guy, I then called the guy I thought I was speaking with, although I did not mention anything, but the guy did not give any hint as if he was the one that did it.

I have even forgotten about it, until i stumbled on this thread.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! by francizy(m): 7:54pm On Mar 07, 2015
s3nn2x:
Wow!

This is really crazy. The same thing happened to me last week monday or so.

A man called me, he even called my name, I actually thought it was someone I know. In fact, the guy sounded like one guy that works in a court in Abuja. So, I assumed that it was him.

The person used a number '0814', I will go and look for the number. Anyway, the person told me he was in Zungeru, Niger State and they went there to lauch a power plant or something. He said that he got a contract to supply exactly what the OP mentioned, he said they needed like 100 cartons and each cartons costs like 450k. He told me that he told the contractor that it costs 550k per carton, he told me I would get 30 percent of what ever he makes, that's like 3million naira.

He sent a number of one 'Engr Amadi' of MILLS Engineering in Galadima, Abuja to me he said I should call the guy and place an order. I called the guy and the man told me they had it in stock. I was already thinking of how I was going to spend the 3million sef, it was so good to be true. The man even told me not to tell anyone.

After I spoke to the Engr Amadi, the man I thought I knew now sent me the number of the contractor, one Dr, Something. He said I should bargain with him, the Dr. Said they were coming to Abuja from Zungeru that money and they would come with cash and pay to my account.

The said contractor said they would need to see a sample, i called my said friend and he said i should call the engineer, I called the engineer and he said he would have given me the sample for free but he said people were not buying it. He said I had to pay the 450k for the sample.

I called my 'friend' and he said he was not close to bank and that I should look for the money. In my mind, I already said that if I am asked to pay anything, that I wont do that. I told the guy that my account was in the red and there was no money.

He then said he would call the supplier and bargain with him, the guy called me and said i should pay 45k for something requisition that i would buy it. I told the guy that I dont have the money.

I told my colleague about it and they said it was scam.

I then called the guy 2 days later, and he told me the same thing.

After I called the guy, I then called the guy I thought I was speaking with, although I did not mention anything, but the guy did not give any hint as if he was the one that did it.

I have even forgotten about it, until i stumbled on this thread.

They almost played a fast one on you but thanks God you only lost your airtime. If you had borrowed 450k to pay some demonic beings, I wonder how you would have felt afterwards.. Thank God for u..
Re: Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! by s3nn2x(m): 8:11pm On Mar 07, 2015
francizy:

They almost played a fast one on you but thanks God you only lost your airtime. If you had borrowed 450k to pay some demonic beings, I wonder how you would have felt afterwards.. Thank God for u..
Because of them I had to load N100...anyway, I have always had the philosophy of 'if it is too good to be true, then it is not true',,,,thank God ooo!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! by ogbonnayamkpa(m): 9:26am On Mar 09, 2015
Pls stop this rubbish and focus on the issue updated.
Re: Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! by s3nn2x(m): 10:49am On Mar 10, 2015
ogbonnayamkpa:
Pls stop this rubbish and focus on the issue updated.
undecided
Are you by any means referring to someone?
You should learn how to direct your grievances.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! by toniro(m): 5:29am On Mar 20, 2015
abimbawealth:
Scamming are of different forms now, don't be surprised when you discover that these people are ones you know. Not only about job sef, you loaning your friend money and him refusing to pay back nkor?What do we call that?
Do not fall for any opening that requires you paying upfront

lolz. U r right o.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! by toniro(m): 5:29am On Mar 20, 2015
abimbawealth:
Scamming are of different forms now, don't be surprised when you discover that these people are ones you know. Not only about job sef, you loaning your friend money and him refusing to pay back nkor?What do we call that?
Do not fall for any opening that requires you paying upfront

lolz. U r right o. I did reject a job opening lik dat. As in which kind tin be dat nw n thank God I did

1 Like

Re: Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! by michelle5050: 10:49am On Aug 04, 2015
Girls!!! Beware of this no. +447937413334, 08062136790, n 07060460849.This scam is on twoo(Tony Ngwuli, arab contractors jersey from Arochukwu)so he claimed! I have low ba3 would've tell u a lil story about him;My friend is now in shock because of him. He'll promise u marriage n dope u all u got, 2gther with his fake mother he'll introduce to u as ur mother inlaw on phone, lol! so Bizarre! Chai!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NDU Medical Student Plunges Into A River After Failing An Exam / 2 Disabled Friends Fight Over Money In Ghana (Video) / Chuks Okebata: Lady Narrates How Mum Was Murdered In Same Village He Was Killed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.