Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,858 members, 7,810,287 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:33 AM

Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! (29050 Views)

Becareful Of Scammers On Nairaland !!!!! / List Of Scammers Phone Number In Nigeria. / In 1995, Nigerian Scammers Sold A Fake Airport To A Foreign Bank For $242M (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! by jimohibrahim(m): 10:49pm On Mar 06, 2015
savanto:

Can't you see it's because your are the famous Jimoh Ibrahim?
hmmm we just shared same name..
Re: Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! by Missmossy(f): 10:51pm On Mar 06, 2015
Its a good thing you were wise. He obviously met more than what he bargained for.
Re: Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! by johnsonjosbles(m): 10:51pm On Mar 06, 2015
jimohibrahim:
i was a victim
u be munmun

1 Like

Re: Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! by jimohibrahim(m): 10:54pm On Mar 06, 2015
johnsonjosbles:
u be munmun
thanks... amigo
Re: Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! by savanto: 10:54pm On Mar 06, 2015
It's an old scam. Some tried it on me 3 yrs ago but I decided to allow his waste his airtime. I just played along but I knew I wasn't gonna call him back.

After a lengthy discussion, he ended the call when he realised that I was just stalking him.

Never you buy return their call. They don't want to waste their airtime all on you.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! by Ejodamen1(m): 11:03pm On Mar 06, 2015
[color=#006600][/color] I received same call long tym ago and I almost fell for them but GOD pass them..

1 Like

Re: Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! by Emmasonic4me: 11:10pm On Mar 06, 2015
Am surprised some ppl still fall for this trick. Its an old format.

How do they get your details?
1. You have a registered sim and those hungry looking guys that register the sim can exchange your personal data for just a token.
2. You have been sending your CV indiscriminately to any job opening in the name of "not putting all your eggs in one basket". When you send such CV with your bio data and "any other" required certificate, it lands just inside their harvest basket...so they can call you by your name and even call your mother's maiden name. cheesy
3. During your university days, you must have filled several documents at one point or the other. Don't forget the people that manage those files are humans and anything can happen and your data privacy being compromised.
4. After NYSC and subsequent POP (passing out parade), most if not all states come up with a year book with your pictures and some details...hence they can lay their hands on that magazine and tell you your state of service or even PPA correctly.
5. Are bankers angels? No! Some banks after all their forming of being principled and "no nonsense" due process, still carelessly dispose those documents you filled during account opening (including the affixed passport). Some even sell it in large volumes to firms that use it as raw materials.
...the list is not exhaustive.
The bottom line is that even if the person address you by ALL your names, don't accord him familiarity and always be alert. I don't need to add that in most cases, people that know u hardly call your names officially.

Why do people still fall for such tricks?
Ans : Greed, desperation and lack of critical reasoning. That person that wants to give you a job or a supply to undertake...does he not have a jobless brother, cousin or relative to help first? When you want to use small investment and double the yield in a short period...that's GREED. If the person has a genuine business idea, he should approach the bank with a business proposal.

Finally, some of them are very bold and command you to action **I don't know if they use charm sha*** They also do not want to waste their airtime, hence they ask you to call back. ***So funny though*** grin grin

They have tried their luck on me severally, but God pass them.
Be alert, and be rational when taking decision ( don't let your emotion becloud your sense of reasoning). If you are the type of person that harbours secret a lot, am sorry cos you are on a longggggg thing...people around you will not even know until you have fallen and paid!

Please be wise and expose any new format they devise here for the benefit of all.

***ONYE NWERE NTI, YA NURU***

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! by 100Cents: 11:17pm On Mar 06, 2015
francizy:
I just got a call this morning from someone that knew my name.

I posted this to make people aware that these scammers have taken a whole new dimension. They may even be someone you know, or have met before but can't really recall them. I posted this because I want you guys out there to be aware of demonic fellows like this because that guy sounded like he knew me in person. Had it been I didn't ask questions, I wouldn't have known he's just another scammer

Although I'm yet to get a job but I don't let desperation set in. Some people might have just given in to this cheap scam.

It is very easy to get names attached to phone numbers from the net..

1 Like

Re: Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! by Nobody: 11:29pm On Mar 06, 2015
i got a similar call some yrs ago while still in Lagos and i allowed the tout to say all his stories about a supply business of a product worth 4million naira to an alhaji that will be flying from Abuja that same day to make the payment to me and my share from the transaction is #800k so he gave me the imaginary alhaji's number to call and confirm when his flight will depart from Abuja to Lagos and also find out the hotel he will be lodging so i told the tout that i have heard all he said but that i also have a supplier business for him too in japan and before i could finish giving him the stupid details of the transaction the fool hanged up.

These guys are just so irritating and it still baffles me on how people still fall for all those gibberish.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! by Igbo20(m): 11:29pm On Mar 06, 2015
hmm similar person has call me some time ago telling hw we met during at motor pack in kano on cming bk from nysc serv year in 2011.he told a similar tin ,hw i will suply an oil rig in ph 100 carton . Any well people beware

1 Like

Re: Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! by Nobody: 11:34pm On Mar 06, 2015
In that case, the scam is a family investment handed to generations b'cos a scammer used the the same format on me way back in 2010 with the same contact name ELDER AMADI. People are really jobless undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! by easyp(m): 12:02am On Mar 07, 2015
[/b] :PHim don switch off him phone!! I would have love 2 call him and blast dat bastard. Ounye oshi(thief).

1 Like

Re: Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! by Uchem1(m): 12:02am On Mar 07, 2015
I was with a guy sometime around last year and same method was used on the guy, he was told Julius Berger company is the only company having such goods,that the manager and store keeper has agreed to work with him in the supply,only if he can pay in certain amount. Luckily for him he sort the advice of some persons around and was told to play along and let's see where they were heading to,it got to a point a bank account number was sent to him when the fool thought he has gotten him. And continued calling over and over to know if he has paid in and the deposit slip number. Seems they have insiders in the bank as well. That's why it's Good sometimes to discuss certain things with people

1 Like

Re: Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! by youngelder(m): 12:39am On Mar 07, 2015
Wel, Ryt afta NYSC somebody called me that he got my number from me sometime ago and bla bla bla... That he got a job for me wit Julius Berger... I new twas a scam... My reply to him: YOUR FATHER LEFT NYASH. THUNDER FIRE YOU THERE.. Next.., I ended d call..

1 Like

Re: Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! by kolokolobi(m): 1:38am On Mar 07, 2015
It's an old trick. If they call when I have time on my hands and I'm in the mood to make a fool of a fool I just listen and play along allowing the fool to burn j his credit.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! by joelenesleek(f): 1:50am On Mar 07, 2015
01:49am
Re: Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! by mayibuye: 1:55am On Mar 07, 2015
[b][b]MEADOWS INC. RECRUITMENT AGENCY now recruiting ND/HND/Bsc in the field of marketing or any degree in a related discipline for a Pharmaceutical firm now based in IBADAN. A second degree or MBA will be an advantage. Ideal candidate must have a passion for identifying business trends, developing business ideas and concepts and nurturing them to function. He/she will help consolidate existing business projects and meet revenue target. The individual must be computer literate, self-motivated and goal oriented.
The company is recruiting creative and passionate Marketing Executives (50 Executives) who are ambitious and motivated with the skills and attitude to work in a fast paced sales environment. The successful candidate will play an integral role in the growth of the marketing team.
JOB DESCRIPTION
To create portfolio of clients
Make product presentation
Be able to set business targets and lead a team in achieving them
Assisting in the writing and production of a variety of marketing campaigns including outdoor, brochures, direct mails and e-shouts
General administration
CANDIDATE’S PROFILE
Experience is big advantage but training will be provided for those that do not have the required experience but are quick to learn.
You should be intelligent and ambitious with flair and a hardworking attitude-your drive to be the best will make you best placed to have successful and rewarding marketing career within an established and forward thinking team.
Additional skills and abilities required for this role include:
Computer literacy
Proven presentation skills-verbal and written
Eligible candidates apply by sending Name, Age, Sex, Qualification, and Course of study to 081 7020 5093
TEXT MESSAGE ONLY PLEASE![/b][/b]
Re: Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! by shortisland: 1:56am On Mar 07, 2015
It still beats the heck out of me that people still fell for this scam that is almost as old as time. grin

I'm no longer surprised if you call me with all my details.

They call me every time. I think they must be dense as I never get to call them back.

I never let on I know who they are, I always pick their calls and use every available trick on the block to keep them talking to me for as long as possible. grin
Re: Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! by Nobody: 2:27am On Mar 07, 2015
They advertise fake jobs in jobberman and co
They have all the info on your cv.

The same idiio.t called me
I played along to get him arrested for good
I guess he suspected my move and asked me to waybill the materials instead

Engr Tony
Elder Amadi
God will catch u one day

1 Like

Re: Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! by Nobody: 2:29am On Mar 07, 2015
francizy:

I posted this to make people aware that these scammers have taken a whole new dimension. They may even be someone you know, or have met before but can't really recall them. I posted this because I want you guys out there to be aware of demonic fellows like this because that guy sounded like he knew me in person. Had it been I didn't ask questions, I wouldn't have known he's just another scammer

Although I'm yet to get a job but I don't let desperation set in. Some people might have just given in to this cheap scam.

Same dude called me.
Thanks for sharing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! by sacostyles(m): 4:04am On Mar 07, 2015
francizy:

Smh... I love when these scammers call. In fact I even prayyy that they call me...
I use them as a point of contact to place an IRREVERSABLE CURSE on the rest of them so that their hellfire will start burning them from here! IJN

1 Like

Re: Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! by Mrslimblack(m): 4:24am On Mar 07, 2015
You even did call him back, for the time I had that experience I asked him to hold on and allow me get the pen and pepper, as he can give me all the info. By the time he noticed I was using delay tactics to burn his airtime, he has to hung up. They just get your number from NYSC, album shared @ pass out ceremony.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! by joywendy(f): 4:32am On Mar 07, 2015
prinprina:

kadesin:

opuplai:

angry angry What is the meaning of this nonsense you are posting all around? Don't you have jobs? Why can't you people find something reasonable to do? smh

Seun and mods please these people should be given a ban and their post hidden. For posting illicit pictures on this forum. This is not the first time this is happening angry

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! by joywendy(f): 4:43am On Mar 07, 2015
mayibuye:
MEADOWS INC. RECRUITMENT AGENCY now recruiting ND/HND/Bsc in the field of marketing or any degree in a related discipline for a Pharmaceutical firm now based in IBADAN. A second degree or MBA will be an advantage. Ideal candidate must have a passion for identifying business trends, developing business ideas and concepts and nurturing them to function. He/she will help consolidate existing business projects and meet revenue target. The individual must be computer literate, self-motivated and goal oriented.
The company is recruiting creative and passionate Marketing Executives (50 Executives) who are ambitious and motivated with the skills and attitude to work in a fast paced sales environment. The successful candidate will play an integral role in the growth of the marketing team.
JOB DESCRIPTION
To create portfolio of clients
Make product presentation
Be able to set business targets and lead a team in achieving them
Assisting in the writing and production of a variety of marketing campaigns including outdoor, brochures, direct mails and e-shouts
General administration
CANDIDATE’S PROFILE
Experience is big advantage but training will be provided for those that do not have the required experience but are quick to learn.
You should be intelligent and ambitious with flair and a hardworking attitude-your drive to be the best will make you best placed to have successful and rewarding marketing career within an established and forward thinking team.
Additional skills and abilities required for this role include:
Computer literacy
Proven presentation skills-verbal and written
Eligible candidates apply by sending Name, Age, Sex, Qualification, and Course of study to 081 7020 5093
TEXT MESSAGE ONLY PLEASE!

The irony grin some people refuse to learn lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! by francizy(m): 5:41am On Mar 07, 2015
mrrock:

When will you learn?. They are people you met here on Nairaland. So, stop giving people wrong advise. Beware of people you meet in this forum. 99% of naija scammers use Nairaland like you do.

If it was on Nairaland I met them, at least I should have gotten a call on my airtel line which is the one I gave out here. Rather I got the call on my MTN line which is the main line I had been using for long and I never gave it out. I think the dude must have gotten it by other means and not via Nairaland.
Re: Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! by kaffy4tope(m): 5:50am On Mar 07, 2015
One of them called me yesterday that he is an herbalist that someone brought my name to his shrine to kill me cheesy cheesy.
He then asked me to send 30k to his account no so he can stop the job and revert it back to them.

I asked him to tell me his location and name of who reported me to him, he hung up immediately lol

*neverfallscam# #babawhileuweregone# They tried to scam me cry

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 5:50am On Mar 07, 2015
I have received same call more than 5 times,i no send

1 Like

Re: Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! by francizy(m): 6:02am On Mar 07, 2015
johnsonjosbles:
u be munmun

Haba bro, not nice..
Re: Nigerians, Beware Of These Kind Of Scammers!!! by 1miccza: 6:26am On Mar 07, 2015
francizy:

I've had all of this and more that guy would be living around your area or he knows you..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Travellers Kidnapped Between Ekiti And Ondo Community / 2 Disabled Friends Fight Over Money In Ghana (Video) / Chuks Okebata: Lady Narrates How Mum Was Murdered In Same Village He Was Killed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.