Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,237 members, 7,811,662 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:49 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 - Travel (118) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (891944 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) ... (333) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by cuteade: 9:30am On May 21, 2015
[quote author=Nogen post=33944645]Pls El Paso mums and dads, ejo, biko answer me. Was the package inclusive of lab tests and ultra sound scans or were you asked to pay differently for them?

Please help a sister!

Dear Nogen, Good morning and congratulations for the bundle of joy you have within you. Well as at October last year that i used El paso the lab test was not inclusive with the package.
For the initial blood test i paid $85 and for blood work because i did CS i paid #219 not sure exactly and for those that did a 3D scan they were asked to pay over $100.
May God bless the baby you have with you AMEN
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by hadetola: 9:34am On May 21, 2015
please what the name of that socks that was mentioned in the group sometimes ago.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by gaggle: 9:39am On May 21, 2015
compression socks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 9:42am On May 21, 2015
Nogen:
Pls El Paso mums and dads, ejo, biko answer me. Was the package inclusive of lab tests and ultra sound scans or were you asked to pay differently for them?

Please help a sister!

El Paso mamas and Papas pls help!
@Tvegas did you use El paso?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 10:03am On May 21, 2015
hotmummy2015:

na wa oh.is it only me that feels weird that this ppl know nairaland choi.. grin congrats on ur POE story

If you google give birth in USA, This Thread is one of the 1st sites to be listed.
Anyways, it's like Houston POE don de humble, seeing how they have been labelled oversabi on this Thread. Maybe the powers that be have even called them to order.

The power of NL! Kudos to Seun, we have impacted almighty Houston
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Happymum: 10:30am On May 21, 2015
[quote author=cuteade post=33949991][/quote]

I guess it depends on what test they decide to run. February last year, I paid $180 for all the test and $250 for ultrasound. For cs, I paid some additional $700 to the $5400 or so but I know it was cheaper than the 6950 I was suppose to pay because the accounts lady I met said I spent just two days and not the usual 3days.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Happymum: 10:40am On May 21, 2015
Latolly:
Just go with a comprehensive report from your present hospital stating tests done and results. All the best with MIHS.

Ok,thanks alot
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Happymum: 10:42am On May 21, 2015
Arisbel:

Anyway I came with all my test and scan results from the very first day I registered for antenatal to the last day I left Nigeria. I gave it to them at MIHS upon request.

Ok,thanks alot
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Happymum: 10:43am On May 21, 2015
MadameU:
Please MIHS mum's, are there test I need to do from nigeria? Thanks
alot

You may or may not, they would redo those tests anyway, but just so they have an idea you may take copies of tests, scans and a doctor's report. But most importantly your earliest scans are required.

Thank you so so much
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by modath(f): 10:45am On May 21, 2015
Newmum15:
I sent my letter as change of intent tho I told them I was pregnant during my interview but I didn't say I was going to give birth in the U.S.The lady only told me to call if I changed my mind about that but it's ok,just like you guys said she shouldn't give all her information to be on the safe side.

Babe, "you guys did not "said" she shouldn't give "all" her information. smiley She knows what she told the VO and is in the best situation to know how to go about it based on other people's experiences and suggestions.

I stated already that my case was different cos I didn't have an interview,my visa was a renewal so the question of "misinformation" at the interview about the pregnancy issue is null.

I know my B1/B2 covers healthcare, I already have both Dr & hospital correspondence to support my stand. I only did it so cbp will not keep me longer than necessary& it cost me nothing to do it..
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 11:03am On May 21, 2015
Good morning NLs,please has any one used Dr Webb of West houston Medical Centre before?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shagaman: 11:04am On May 21, 2015
[quote author=Nogen post=33940224][/quote]

@Nogen Apologies for late response ,the fees is not inclusive of tests,we did all our tests there and paid $425 however its better to do scan here because scan alone was $250,so you can find out the results they need if you can do from Nigeria and take there,tests take style expensive for US oooo.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Tvegas(m): 11:25am On May 21, 2015
nefertitiram:
El Paso mamas and Papas pls help! @Tvegas did you use El paso?
Nope, Houston.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 12:07pm On May 21, 2015
Hi Nogen. Yes you have to pay for any additional tests that the doctor requires and like others said $250 for 3d scan if required. I remember paying maybe like a$80 for a test I can't remember now, dr. Martell accepted my other tests results from NAija. Cheers
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Gratefulaheart: 12:23pm On May 21, 2015
Hello all. Pls i would like to know if Rubella test is important. Can one decline it?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nogen: 12:24pm On May 21, 2015
Thanks to Shagaman, damsell, cuteade and Nefetitiram. God bless you all.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 12:51pm On May 21, 2015
Tiwalope:
Good morning NLs,please has any one used Dr Webb of West houston Medical Centre before?

Please anyone?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Popri(f): 1:13pm On May 21, 2015
[quote author=Gratefulaheart post=33955379]Hello all. Pls i would like to know if Rubella test is important. Can one decline it?[/quote

Rubella test is a part of a test called TORCH test (Torch diseases are detected by this test), and it's an acronym for the following diseases:

Toxoplasmosis

Toxoplasmosis is a parasite that typically enters the body through the mouth.
Consumption of undercooked meat, raw eggs, and exposure to cat litter or cat feces are possible sources of this parasite.

Rubella

Rubella, also known as German measles, is a virus that causes a rash.
While the side effects of the virus are minor in children, if a fetus is exposed to the virus, it can cause serious birth defects.

CMV

Cytomegalovirus, or CMV, is part of the herpes virus group. In adults, it causes flu-like symptoms, but in a developing fetus, it can cause hearing loss, epilepsy, and mental retardation.

Herpes Simplex

Herpes simplex is usually transmitted from the mother to the fetus in the birth canal during delivery.
It is also possible for the fetus to become infected in the uterus. Severe symptoms of the nervous system due to this infection typically appear during the baby’s second week of life.

When this test includes testing for syphilis, it is referred to as a TORCHS test.

While it is typically done on newborns, this test is also ordered if a woman shows symptoms for any of these diseases during pregnancy, however, its not bad having it as a routine investigation esp. in early pregnancy when organs are just forming.

As we all know, it's not a routine investigation in Nigeria largely due to the cost and of course unavailability of reagents etc..but it's been requested mostly in women that have recurrent abortions to rule out any of these infections.it's about 80k thereabout.

The test itself screens for antibodies to the diseases, and can provide information as to whether an individual has been recently infected, has had a past infection, or has never been exposed to the infection.

Newer tests for these infections have been developed in other countries that are more sensitive and specific than the TORCH test. As a result, the TORCH test is becoming less common. Antibodies can take weeks to develop, and since the test relies on finding antibodies, diagnosis can be delayed.

The choice is yours, there's no harm in doing it if u feel it's important, the choice is absolutely yours just like the hearing test.
Once an infection is found, the appropriate treatment can be given.

Sorry for the long post..

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ewa2014: 1:19pm On May 21, 2015
Thank you so much @newmum15, @phema, @modath and @MadameU.

Now I am very confused at to whether or not to send the letter. Going with my husband for the trip, maybe I should just risk it although I am already showing.

When I got the visa it was for holiday honestly but along the line plans have now changed especially since the visa allows for both purpose.

So now we are going for vacation but I want to stay back and have the baby...

What do you guys think. Should I just risk it and go in through New York since its a friendlier POE.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by mabels: 1:38pm On May 21, 2015
[quote author=nefertitiram post=33918287]In addition to the above US president discussion...

Please, if my baby is born in US, I hope he can become Nigerian president o! I'm gunning to acquire one or two oil wells as the Mother of the Commander in Chief of the armed forces of the Federal Republic of Nigeria). Was reading on a gossip site that na $1k de them Obama joint account. After 6yrs of being POTUS and all the premature grey hair! shocked

See how GEJ is retiring to Otuoke in grand style and nothing less than billions of $$$ .
A
Seriously, it is worth considering. I want to be the mother of a Nigerian president.

As per the blood stuff , it is like they are saving blood for America or d world sef with Africans' blood. The blood they re taking from us is too much. Enough to open a blood bank

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by weaseloo: 1:49pm On May 21, 2015
tbaby2015:
@weaseloo and @bloggerina, pls I sent u PMs. Pls respond

Send it again. I did not see it.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ojsimsim: 2:50pm On May 21, 2015
[quote author=cuteade post=33949991][/quote]
Hello sister, please can you help a friend here. you said you did CS in el paso. please can you share your experience. or please send me a pm. would really apprecaite
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ojsimsim: 2:55pm On May 21, 2015
Happymum:

Please was it dr. martell. how was the cs experience. please help a sister.

Ok,thanks alot
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Gratefulaheart: 3:01pm On May 21, 2015
[quote author=Popri post=33956908][/quote] Thanks dear. But if the mother doesn't do it, will it have an implication when baby comes? Like the hospital testing the baby for it.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by kimbly: 3:07pm On May 21, 2015
@justwise pls, can i get ur email address pleaseee
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by justwise(m): 3:09pm On May 21, 2015
kimbly:
@justwise pls, can i get ur email address pleaseee

PM will do.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by cuteade: 3:12pm On May 21, 2015
ojsimsim:

Hello sister, please can you help a friend here. you said you did CS in el paso. please can you share your experience. or please send me a pm. would really apprecaite

My dear you don't need to be scared CS is a mind thing. Go into the theatre with a positive mind and focus on the bundle of Joy that will emerge after wards. Immediately after surgery while been wheeled out i was handed a chilled jar of water filled with ice. I was asked to walk by the second day and was discharged by the third day. Please do not entertain any fear.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ojsimsim: 3:47pm On May 21, 2015
cuteade:

My dear you don't need to be scared CS is a mind thing. Go into the theatre with a positive mind and focus on the bundle of Joy that will emerge after wards. Immediately after surgery while been wheeled out i was handed a chilled jar of water filled with ice. I was asked to walk by the second day and was discharged by the third day. Please do not entertain any fear.

@cuteade thanks a lot I really feel strengthened.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ojsimsim: 3:49pm On May 21, 2015
ojsimsim:

@cuteade thanks a lot I really feel strengthened.

@cuteade where you able to care for your baby by yourself as I will be travelling alone. in the hospital how did you care for your baby?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by hadasther: 3:51pm On May 21, 2015
Phema:

Her name is sufficient (Last name and initials).

@phema I sent you a mail. Please reply.....thanx
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 3:54pm On May 21, 2015
hadasther:
@phema I sent you a mail. Please reply.....thanx

Replied. . .

(1) (2) (3) ... (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) ... (333)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Polish Student Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.