Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,201 members, 7,811,535 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:04 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 - Travel (119) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (891926 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) ... (333) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by cuteade: 4:01pm On May 21, 2015
ojsimsim:

@cuteade where you able to care for your baby by yourself as I will be travelling alone. in the hospital how did you care for your baby?

My hubby was with me at the hospital but be rest assured that if you are the friendly type at your place of residence people will rally round you after birth at least for the first week.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ugosimba: 4:17pm On May 21, 2015
Beautiful tread I must say.pls pardon me am going to be lengthy. I wld need ur candid advice. I got a B1/B2 visa after two painful refusal sometime in July 2013 although I was a month pregnant and fully aware. The V.O asked if I wld seek medical attention and I said NO, I was so scared if I said YES that I wld b denied again.i heard the golden words "PICK UP UR VISA IN 2 DAYS My destination at the point of the interview was Pennsylvania but I went to Los Angeles b cos I left in Dec and it was so cold to go to that part of the states. I left wit 2 kids (5 yr & 2yr).it was so stressful I must say . EXTREMELY.at the POE I was asked y I was in the U
S and I said for Christmas and was stamped in for 6 months.L.A is extremely expensive I rented an apartment, put my kids in a day care where I paid $250 weekly. Had my baby in march Dr's fee $4,500, hospital $5,000+epidural and a 3 days stay.but my baby was sent to the NICU for one week for an infection where a bill of $48,000 was given. But was given an 81% discount and ended up paying $8,450.90. (I don't wish anyone that NICU experience)i have cleared all payment. My question is my visa expires in July and i want to get it right this time.am i qualified for drop box.if yes do i include all proof of payment. I learnt that on a 2 year visa (not sure) that one has to use it more than once to qualify. I intend travelling with my last baby (the Americana) for two weeks which line do I queue up in at POE. I wish I had know about this thread earlier, I wouldn't have lied at all.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by hadasther: 4:21pm On May 21, 2015
Phema:

Replied. . .

Seen it. Thanks a million
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nogen: 4:28pm On May 21, 2015
@Ugosimba, when one tells the truth, he/she is saved from unnecessary torture. After getting denied twice, you still lied your way through? It's not fair on the genuine Nigerians and Nigeria as a whole.

I appreciate the fact you paid all your bills, but you may be called at the Embassy when you want to renew or even at your next Poe , it may be an issue for you. On the other hand, you may be lucky and get your visa renewed without further questioning. All the best!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by lala4sure: 4:31pm On May 21, 2015
Hello everyone, please I am planning to travel with $5k cash or less along side my mastercard and visa card. Has anyone succeeded at the poe with such amount? And do I need to print out my account statement for the cards I will be holding? Please guys help me
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by chuckdee13(m): 4:36pm On May 21, 2015
werent u given a 2yrs visa before leaving?
ugosimba:
Beautiful tread I must say.pls pardon me am going to be lengthy. I wld need ur candid advice. I got a B1/B2 visa after two painful refusal sometime in July 2013 although I was a month pregnant and fully aware. The V.O asked if I wld seek medical attention and I said NO, I was so scared if I said YES that I wld b denied again.i heard the golden words "PICK UP UR VISA IN 2 DAYS My destination at the point of the interview was Pennsylvania but I went to Los Angeles b cos I left in Dec and it was so cold to go to that part of the states. I left wit 2 kids (5 yr & 2yr).it was so stressful I must say . EXTREMELY.at the POE I was asked y I was in the U
S and I said for Christmas and was stamped in for 6 months.L.A is extremely expensive I rented an apartment, put my kids in a day care where I paid $250 weekly. Had my baby in march Dr's fee $4,500, hospital $5,000+epidural and a 3 days stay.but my baby was sent to the NICU for one week for an infection where a bill of $48,000 was given. But was given an 81% discount and ended up paying $8,450.90. (I don't wish anyone that NICU experience)i have cleared all payment. My question is my visa expires in July and i want to get it right this time.am i qualified for drop box.if yes do i include all proof of payment. I learnt that on a 2 year visa (not sure) that one has to use it more than once to qualify. I intend travelling with my last baby (the Americana) for two weeks which line do I queue up in at POE. I wish I had know about this thread earlier, I wouldn't have lied at all.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by hadasther: 4:36pm On May 21, 2015
hadasther:

Seen it. Thanks a million

@phema please sent you another mail. Thanks n waiting
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by hadasther: 4:41pm On May 21, 2015
lala4sure:
Hello everyone, please I am planning to travel with $5k cash or less along side my mastercard and visa card. Has anyone succeeded at the poe with such amount? And do I need to print out my account statement for the cards I will be holding? Please guys help me

Why don't you withdraw from the cards and make it up to be on a safer side based on previous suggestions on this thread than risking it. Am thinking the physical cash in $$$$ would turn them from scrutinising your cards and wasting your time if it arises. Just saying......

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 4:55pm On May 21, 2015
[quote author=mabels post=33957735][/quote]

Lol @Africans blood. It seems there's something very useful about our blood.

That even reminds me... did any US mama consider or even do cord blood banking/donation?

I hear umbilical cord blood from Africans is used to treat various forms of blood related diseases.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 5:02pm On May 21, 2015
ewa2014:
Thank you so much @newmum15, @phema, @modath and @MadameU.

Now I am very confused at to whether or not to send the letter. Going with my husband for the trip, maybe I should just risk it although I am already showing.

When I got the visa it was for holiday honestly but along the line plans have now changed especially since the visa allows for both purpose.

So now we are going for vacation but I want to stay back and have the baby...

What do you guys think. Should I just risk it and go in through New York since its a friendlier POE.

Lagos Embassy usually says there is no legal obligation to inform them about your delivery plans...
But to fulfill all righteousness, send the embassy your change of intent, it can save you. Imagine getting to NY and you are being harassed, when a simple Email would have prevented all the plenty scrutiny.
Send in the letter, don't add PP number, get your response, use JFK airport in NY and you are fine.

Best of luck!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by modath(f): 5:59pm On May 21, 2015
lala4sure:

Lala,we are in the same boat and I have decided to rough it with my PTA,cos we aint buying @ 223, its not gonna happen...

Can the CBP people with their gra gra cough out even 2k$ in cash with their total dependence on credit et al ??

They will just have to make do with the cash I have,my cards and my chase debit card... If not for blue pali and blue pali only I go dey carry big belle up and up down when my GH's total bill for a CS is less than 100k!!!

Ayaf liff am for God's hands. Dats all.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Newmum15: 6:34pm On May 21, 2015
lala4sure:
I travelled with $4k and my cards.They didn't make a fuss about it when I told them.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by demiiii(f): 8:19pm On May 21, 2015
did anyone take the baby to the padeatrician in us or in nigeria and how long did it take. were you given a specified period of time to take the the baby to see a padeatrician?

Also nairalanders, after the padeatricians saw the baby at the hospital, is it compulsory to take the baby to another padeatrician?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by demiiii(f): 8:21pm On May 21, 2015
i travelled with just 5000dollars and i wasnt even sent for a sencondary interview. just be yourself. the only asked if i had more money on my card.
lala4sure:
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by lala4sure: 8:43pm On May 21, 2015
hadasther:

Why don't you withdraw from the cards and make it up to be on a safer side based on previous suggestions on this thread than risking it. Am thinking the physical cash in $$$$ would turn them from scrutinising your cards and wasting your time if it arises. Just saying......

Thanks for your advice dear but I am considering the increasing exchange rate and I intend to pay my bills with the card. Besides I wouldn't want to declare any money at poe as I heard it's from 10k
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by lala4sure: 8:48pm On May 21, 2015
It's well dear @Modath, I will just go with 5k and probably print my statement and keep my cards handy. I can't possibly buy more dollars now as the rate is outrageous-No way

modath:

Lala,we are in the same boat and I have decided to rough it with my PTA,cos we aint buying @ 223, its not gonna happen...

Can the CBP people with their gra gra cough out even 2k$ in cash with their total dependence on credit et al ??

They will just have to make do with the cash I have,my cards and my chase debit card... If not for blue pali and blue pali only I go dey carry big belle up and up down when my GH's total bill for a CS is less than 100k!!!

Ayaf liff am for God's hands. Dats all.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by lala4sure: 8:52pm On May 21, 2015
Newmum15:
I travelled with $4k and my cards.They didn't make a fuss about it when I told them.

Great to hear but did you print your statement or prove the amount in the cards? What POE please? Curious Mum here please
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by lala4sure: 8:53pm On May 21, 2015
demiiii:
i travelled with just 5000dollars and i wasnt even sent for a sencondary interview. just be yourself. the only asked if i had more money on my card.

Great to hear but did you print your statement or prove the amount in the cards? What POE please? Curious Mum here please
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by demiiii(f): 9:06pm On May 21, 2015
i didnt print any statement cos even they know people forege statements. they dont rely on statements and they never requested for any.
just my cards
lala4sure:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by demiiii(f): 9:12pm On May 21, 2015
my dear, you must declare money/ cash at the POE. max of 10,000 dollars in cash. its really dificult to pay all your bills with the card. you can take at least 5000dollars
lala4sure:

Thanks for your advice dear but I am considering the increasing exchange rate and I intend to pay my bills with the card. Besides I wouldn't want to declare any money at poe as I heard it's from 10k
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by iolite88(f): 9:59pm On May 21, 2015
My People,

Please is there anybody in this thread that has had twins/triplets and had their babies in houston? If yes pls kindly advice on what Dr you used, what your experience was and what hospital. The matter done begin dey speak Urobo pls help a sister planning for triplets and I need all the cost saving I can get.

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nasadiva: 10:38pm On May 21, 2015
iolite88:
My People,
Please is there anybody in this thread that has had twins/triplets and had their babies in houston? If yes pls kindly advice on what Dr you used, what your experience was and what hospital. The matter done begin dey speak Urobo pls help a sister planning for triplets and I need all the cost saving I can get.

Check Sayoberry's post, she had twins this year in Houston. Don't know of any triplet mom in the house.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 10:45pm On May 21, 2015
iolite88:
My People,

Holla @nogen you babes are colleagues
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nogen: 10:55pm On May 21, 2015
nefertitiram:

Holla @nogen you babes are colleagues
Lol. I see am. Make she carry her load dey go El paso. The truth is that some of the popular hospitals we rush to in Houston are not level 3 and the doctors may not have the patience and time she desires. She's a higher order risk mum. She will need that special care and management.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Amother4life: 10:57pm On May 21, 2015
ugosimba:

Telling lies is always a bad idea. You may be called for interview during renewal.
As per line to join during POE...VISITORS. Having an American baby doesn't entitle you to join the citizen line.So, to avoid embarrassment respect ya self grin

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 11:00pm On May 21, 2015
Nogen:

Lol. I see am. Make she carry her load dey go El paso. The truth is that some of the popular hospitals we rush to in Houston are not level 3 and the doctors may not have the patience and time she desires. She's a higher order risk mum. She will need that special care and management.

Yer, that's why I wanted her to pm you. There's a lot she needs to know about the higher order risk and the need for NICU on standby. It's not child's play at all

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by iolite88(f): 11:01pm On May 21, 2015
@nogen so you would advice me to go to El paso. Am considering Houston cause I have family there and can stay with them for the first 2 months before I move to an apartment just to reduce cost. Pls advice me and let me know what the reasons are I will PM you.

Nogen:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nogen: 11:07pm On May 21, 2015
iolite88:
@nogen so you would advice me to go to El paso. Am considering Houston cause I have family there and can stay with them for the first 2 months before I move to an apartment just to reduce cost. Pls advice me and let me know what the reasons are I will PM you.

I have answered. Waiting for you now.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by weaseloo: 11:13pm On May 21, 2015
Wow. 118 pages already!!! Have been away from this thread for that long?

I have the amazing people of this forum to be thankful to for all the information I gathered here.

I have been back to Nija for a few months now (Feb). Baby girl is doing great and growing and changing everyday. I thank God for the smooth journey. I owe all to Him.

I wish I will have the time to catch up but between nursing the baby and going to work and taking care of the house and sleeping well, whew. Hope to be back in the next journey.

Wishing future mums a smooth trip as well and may God be with you.

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Newmum15: 11:29pm On May 21, 2015
lala4sure:

No I didnt(tho I considered it).My POE was Atlanta.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by dittobaby: 11:35pm On May 21, 2015
Please what is the real advantage of having an American bank account over a Gtbank mastercard?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 12:13am On May 22, 2015
dittobaby:
Please what is the real advantage of having an American bank account over a Gtbank mastercard?

Exchange rate

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) ... (333)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Polish Student Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.