Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,557 members, 7,837,145 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:44 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 - Travel (136) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (896966 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) ... (333) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by lekiks: 6:55pm On Jun 03, 2015
anfanio:

legacy suites 2bdrm $309 + tax+ fees per night
http://www.legacysuitesphx.com/
Get a taxi from the airport should be less than $50 and don't use a particular cab driver for safety reasons - your hotel will have at least 2 or 3 cab company phone numbers they will give you- always call the company
You can use both domiciliary and naira cards inform - your bank/s about your trip - no charges for pos transactions, withdrawals carry transaction and bank fees/charges

Hi Pls what of a bedroom with Twin beds... i also understand you can pay monthly... can i do this on the website or when i come in person?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Arisbel(f): 7:03pm On Jun 03, 2015
Happymum:
Please phoenix mums, for those who have used or who are using legacy suites, are there rooms with twin beds? How much and also please how much does a two bedroom suite inclusive of tax cost? How much do cabs cost from the airport to the hotel? Does anyone have the phone numbers of good cab guys I can use during my stay? I will be arriving in two weeks and I feel these are things I should know,please help. Thanks a lot.
Update on my dollar hunt: for those who stay in Benin city, I was able to buy from fcmb @201.2 Naira to a dollar although they only agreed to give me 7000dollars (used my details and that of my husband). Please if unable to get more with my mum's details can I use first bank Dormicilliary card(has anyone heard of this?)gtb master card or fidelity visa or master card for pos transactions? Shey I won't be charged extra?
Plenty questions please nor vex, I always like to be sure. Thank you so much everyone. Please let's try to maintain the love on this thread by avoiding prolonged quarrels because this thread keeps a lot of us informed and relaxes our hormones. God bless you all

You need to relax and commit your journey into God's hands cos all will be well. Two bedroom cost 999 with tax monthly, you can pay with your ATM or you do money order upon arrival. The best is to get a taxi upon arrival at the airport which I did and it cost me 40 Dollars. When you arrive you can get the number of discount cabs at the reception for ready movement. For me I usebus to go for checkup which cost 4 dollars and you can use your bus pass to anywhere in pphoenix throughout that day. I have only use taxi to go to church and when I have a lot to carry from shopping.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by anfanio: 7:07pm On Jun 03, 2015
lekiks:

Hi Pls what of a bedroom with Twin beds... i also understand you can pay monthly... can i do this on the website or when i come in person?

I would suggest you make reservation and pay upon arrival, monthly (2bdrm) rate is about $900+ could be less, 1bdrm $700+ per month
Note: I edited my earlier post
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by tobzquest: 7:32pm On Jun 03, 2015
ozycy:
the last tym I wanted to buy money order from Walmart using my Fcmb debit Mastercard, dey told me they accept only credit card. I had to use cash to buy the money order. What type of card did U use to purchase the money order. Any body with experience shud answer.

I had exactly the same issue. I tried both GTB and ACCESS bank cards. A friend did the same. All she said was she it only accepts credit cards, mind you I have purchased money orders in the past with this same debit cards.
I think its the $300 cap that was the issue though
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Hawttattoo: 7:49pm On Jun 03, 2015
Happymum:
Please phoenix mums, for those who have used or who are using legacy suites, are there rooms with twin beds? How much and also please how much does a two bedroom suite inclusive of tax cost? How much do cabs cost from the airport to the hotel? Does anyone have the phone numbers of good cab guys I can use during my stay? I will be arriving in two weeks and I feel these are things I should know,please help. Thanks a lot.

Update on my dollar hunt: for those who stay in Benin city, I was able to buy from fcmb @201.2 Naira to a dollar although they only agreed to give me 7000dollars (used my details and that of my husband). Please if unable to get more with my mum's details can I use first bank Dormicilliary card(has anyone heard of this?)gtb master card or fidelity visa or master card for pos transactions? Shey I won't be charged extra?

Plenty questions please nor vex, I always like to be sure. Thank you so much everyone. Please let's try to maintain the love on this thread by avoiding prolonged quarrels because this thread keeps a lot of us informed and relaxes our hormones. God bless you all

Please when did you buy the Pta? Went yesterday to diamond bank and learnt that they had stopped selling Pta as directed by Cbn.
Am seriously looking for dollars as black market is not smiling at all. Please fill me in Biko
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by modath(f): 8:37pm On Jun 03, 2015
Hawttattoo:

Please when did you buy the Pta? Went yesterday to diamond bank and learnt that they had stopped selling Pta as directed by Cbn.
Am seriously looking for dollars as black market is not smiling at all. Please fill me in Biko

Unless the restriction was issued today 3/6,then its that bank/branch cos I was in fidelity on monday(though did mine 2wks ago) & the cash officer was doing GBP transaction while I went for my PIN.

If that is the case then they need to expand the 300$ limit, to get 4k, you'd need to go to the atm 14 days straight!!!! haba.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ozycy: 8:42pm On Jun 03, 2015
tobzquest:

I had exactly the same issue. I tried both GTB and ACCESS bank cards. A friend did the same. All she said was she it only accepts credit cards, mind you I have purchased money orders in the past with this same debit cards.
I think its the $300 cap that was the issue though
ehe, someone else have confirmed this, I know what I heard, that they collect only credit card. Anyway, will still try again when next I go there

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ozycy: 9:00pm On Jun 03, 2015
Hawttattoo:

Dis Is serious. Maybe we should start looking at opening domicillary account for those of us that still have time before travelling. The last time I wanted to traveled to US, I went to FCMB and was given only $1k cash and $4k was transferred into my dollar account cos I ve already collected $4k cash from diamond bank. And with this, you won't bother about conversion or rate.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by modath(f): 9:08pm On Jun 03, 2015
ozycy:
Dis Is serious. Maybe we should start looking at opening domicillary account for those of us that still have time before travelling. The last time I wanted to traveled to US, I went to FCMB and was given only $1k cash and $4k was transferred into my dollar account cos I ve already collected $4k cash from diamond bank. And with this, you won't bother about conversion or rate.

1+4+4=9, 9k from two different banks?

Are you saying you got 9k$ in the same quarter? Or am I misunderstanding you??
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ozycy: 9:14pm On Jun 03, 2015
Happymum:

bless you all
I think the domicilliary card should be fine. I haven't used that of first bank dou. Mine is FCMB dollar Mastercard and dat was the only card I traveled with and it served me well without extra charges on POS but they charge you small interest while loading the dollar into d card. I didn't withdraw cash dou.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ozycy: 9:29pm On Jun 03, 2015
modath:

1+4+4=9, 9k from two different banks?

Are you saying you got 9k$ in the same quarter? Or am I misunderstanding you??
Yes 9k total. I got my normal $4k PTA from diamond bank and I ignorantly went to FCMB to collect another one lol ( didn't know much about PTA limit then) and was told they won't give me another cos I Hv $4k already but was told he can only give me $1k cos my hubby's account with them is entitled to $5k (dunno how, even though he didn't have visa) he gave me the $1k and I asked if he cud transfer to his dollar card and he said yes, dats how he transferred $4k into my hubby's dollar act/ card. Dats 4k + 1k + 4k =9k.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Shawbabe: 10:26pm On Jun 03, 2015
0yin:

The Dr's name pls.

When u contact the office and send in ur records, they assign u a Dr from their 8 Doctors depending on ur case. Send them ur records first.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Hawttattoo: 10:59pm On Jun 03, 2015
ozycy:

I need to have physical cash to tender at Poe,I no wan hear stories...I was advised to open Dom account in diamond bank but I ve less than 7 days to go. Don't know whether the card will be issue before then. Maybe I shd use my Dom account with UBA.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Hawttattoo: 11:02pm On Jun 03, 2015
modath:

Unless the restriction was issued today 3/6,then its that bank/branch cos I was in fidelity on monday(though did mine 2wks ago) & the cash officer was doing GBP transaction while I went for my PIN.

If that is the case then they need to expand the 300$ limit, to get 4k, you'd need to go to the atm 14 days straight!!!! haba.

Modath pls where are you based? Wouldn't mind porting down there for the dollars. Lol
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ozycy: 11:07pm On Jun 03, 2015
Hawttattoo:

I need to have physical cash to tender at Poe,I no wan hear stories...I was advised to open Dom account in diamond bank but I ve less than 7 days to go. Don't know whether the card will be issue before then. Maybe I shd use my Dom account with UBA.
. I doubt if the card can be ready in 7days.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shimk: 11:39pm On Jun 03, 2015
you guys shud bear in mind dat its not just bout opening a dollar account o.
wont u need dollar to fund d account?
where wud dis dollar come from?

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Happymum: 1:57am On Jun 04, 2015
Arisbel:

You need to relax and commit your journey into God's hands cos all will be well. Two bedroom cost 999 with tax monthly, you can pay with your ATM or you do money order upon arrival. The best is to get a taxi upon arrival at the airport which I did and it cost me 40 Dollars. When you arrive you can get the number of discount cabs at the reception for ready movement. For me I usebus to go for checkup which cost 4 dollars and you can use your bus pass to anywhere in pphoenix throughout that day. I have only use taxi to go to church and when I have a lot to carry from shopping.

Ok,thank you so much for your response. Will just use the remaining few days to pray and relax b4 my trip now that I have most answers.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Happymum: 2:04am On Jun 04, 2015
ozycy:
I think the domicilliary card should be fine. I haven't used that of first bank dou. Mine is FCMB dollar Mastercard and dat was the only card I traveled with and it served me well without extra charges on POS but they charge you small interest while loading the dollar into d card. I didn't withdraw cash dou.

Called the banker and he said I need to have dollars to use the dorm card so it boils down to the same thing. Thanks alot
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Happymum: 2:07am On Jun 04, 2015
Hawttattoo:

I bought on tuesday
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Happymum: 2:12am On Jun 04, 2015
anfanio:

legacy suites 2bdrm $329 + tax+ fees per week
http://www.legacysuitesphx.com/
Get a taxi from the airport should be less than $50 and don't use a particular cab driver for safety reasons - your hotel will have at least 2 or 3 cab company phone numbers they will give you- always call the company
You can use both domiciliary and naira cards - inform your bank/s about your trip - no charges for pos transactions, withdrawals carry transaction and bank fees/charges

Ok, thank you so much
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by akindolz(f): 2:43am On Jun 04, 2015
It depends on d branch u r applying from. ....within a wk u can get ur card. Got mine within 3 days (pressurised dem though)

ozycy:
. I doubt if the card can be ready in 7days.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by modath(f): 6:51am On Jun 04, 2015
Hawttattoo:

Modath pls where are you based? Wouldn't mind porting down there for the dollars. Lol

Ayam in FCT... Port to lag (I'm assuming you are flying from there) 2-3 days before your initial planned date & do small waka, you will get unless its a new CBN directive.

@Shimk,

Hw far wit the methylated spirit experiment?, did it work? want to dot my Is& cross my ts.

@ozycy,

It should be when FX rate was still in the 160+ band if I'm correct??
I normally get all worked up when I hear of procedural breaches but I selfishly wish I could get someone to do this for me too.. cheesy Desperate time... *covers face and hide*
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by swappylove: 7:57am On Jun 04, 2015
Hi all.just read something in earlier post that has got me thinking.
I had my baby2years ago and when her social security number came in the mail, my aunty who I was staying with opened the envelope b4 she gave it to me.
Just found out now that people can do illegal things with a baby's social security number.
How can I prevent this
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by doublefavour(f): 9:28am On Jun 04, 2015
Nogen:

I paid 26k to get my medical reports and tests records. We were given two options though. Have a GP write it for you for 5k or a consultant gynecologist and obstetrician prepare it for you is 26k. We had to choose the later because we don't want our results rejected.

Nogen, please I need your assistance with this consultant gynaecologist and obstetrician. Kindly email me on deeville88@yahoo.com
So doctors can be funny. I approached my doctor to write my report for me and he took it personal that after he has helped me with my pregnancy till date, I want to go give white man the glory, as such he can't write anything for me.

Am still in shock. Anyone who have a suggestion on a private doctor I can use please email me. Am willing to pay for the service.
Please treat as urgent
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by doublefavour(f): 9:39am On Jun 04, 2015
Nogen:
Please, this Dr. Akere matter don do! Everyone must not use my doctor likewise I must not use everyone's doctor. Both of you are right. You got a fantastic experience from him, Modath's friend got a horrible experience from him. Doctors are not perfect , they are fallible because they are human.

Just like Modath, my friend had a horrible experience at Dr. FAGBOGUN but a lot of mums and dads here had wonderful experiences with him too. I was duly informed and I did a 360 U turn to El paso which was never in my plan. Whenever, she's ready to come here and share her experience , fine. But if any higher order risk mum pm me and asked why I changed from Oakend to Del Sol, I will gladly help her save herself. So please, let this matter rest.

Nogen, please I don't know how to pm. Kindly email me, am interested in this gist . Lemme know if I can port from Dr .ff to El paso.

My email is deeville88@yahoo.com
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:42am On Jun 04, 2015
swappylove:
Hi all.just read something in earlier post that has got me thinking.
I had my baby2years ago and when her social security number came in the mail, my aunty who I was staying with opened the envelope b4 she gave it to me.
Just found out now that people can do illegal things with a baby's social security number.
How can I prevent this
There are a lot of information online on how to prevent it. Asking your aunt maybe a difficult thing. So look for other ways to go about it

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ozycy: 9:45am On Jun 04, 2015
If your travel date is before July 10 and you are banking wt FCMB, dey are giving their customers 10% discount on British airway flight.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ozycy: 9:51am On Jun 04, 2015
modath:

@ozycy,

It should be when FX rate was still in the 160+ band if I'm correct??
I normally get all worked up when I hear of procedural breaches but I selfishly wish I could get someone to do this for me too.. cheesy Desperate time... *covers face and hide*
. Lol, yes it was still within 160 then.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 10:54am On Jun 04, 2015
doublefavour:

Nogen, please I need your assistance with this consultant gynaecologist and obstetrician. Kindly email me on deeville88@yahoo.com
So doctors can be funny. I approached my doctor to write my report for me and he took it personal that after he has helped me with my pregnancy till date, I want to go give white man the glory, as such he can't write anything for me.

Am still in shock. Anyone who have a suggestion on a private doctor I can use please email me. Am willing to pay for the service.
Please treat as urgent

na wa oh

so petty undecided

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shagaman: 11:12am On Jun 04, 2015
@Nogen that your Doctor get skoin skoin for head.....he actually said he helped you thru the pregnancy... how ridiculous

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nogen: 11:24am On Jun 04, 2015
doublefavour:

Please treat as urgent

Your doctor is sick upstairs. What!!!! Please which hospital is that? I used Lagoon hospital Apapa and my consultant gynecologist and obstetrician was Dr. Ajayi. He can't and won't write reports for you because he doesn't know your medical history and you were never his patient. Do not go to any doctor and get medical records for yourself. It's risky. You may end up putting your life and baby at risk.

You must make him get you your records. It's your right not a privilege. If you need to get yourself a lawyer , please do it as fast as possible. Let me know if you need help!

Another alternative is to come to the US without any records and have them conduct as many tests as possible, but you will certainly pay more!

8 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nogen: 11:27am On Jun 04, 2015
shagaman:
@Nogen that your Doctor get skoin skoin for head.....he actually said he helped you thru the pregnancy... how ridiculous

Shagaman, it's not my doctor o. It's doublefavour 's. My doctor was very helpful , made sure I went with every record needed and he can't wait to see us when we return.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) ... (333)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / Polish Student Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 137
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.