Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,798 members, 7,831,585 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 09:46 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 - Travel (137) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (894662 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) ... (333) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shimk: 11:38am On Jun 04, 2015
[quote author=modath post=34408211]

Ayam in FCT... Port to lag (I'm assuming you are flying from there) 2-3 days before your initial planned date & do small waka, you will get unless its a new CBN directive.

@Shimk,

Hw far wit the methylated spirit experiment?, did it work? want to dot my Is& cross my ts.

I havnt o. if d card works on atms and pos which chip re we cleaning again na? dnt buy d idea.

Instead will check dose oda places smone mentioned n get bk to u.but fear not my sister. lol
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shimk: 11:42am On Jun 04, 2015
ozycy:
If your travel date is before July 10 and you are banking wt FCMB, dey are giving their customers 10% discount on British airway flight.

isnt der a return date to dis catch plus the type of card to be used?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by zeezahbee(f): 12:20pm On Jun 04, 2015
swappylove:
Hi all.just read something in earlier post that has got me thinking.
I had my baby2years ago and when her social security number came in the mail, my aunty who I was staying with opened the envelope b4 she gave it to me.
Just found out now that people can do illegal things with a baby's social security number.
How can I prevent this
She might have probably been filing tax with it. As such, she will claim your child as a dependent and get more money. It doesnt have any effect tho but if you not confortable with that. Contact IRS ANd file a report

http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/How-Do-You-Report-Suspected-Tax-Fraud-Activity%3F

Fill form 14039 and your aunt will be contacted to return the money she claimed or might be arrested. Your choice tho

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by FinanceFitness: 12:30pm On Jun 04, 2015
Hello house, has anyone flown united at 35 weeks +? Their agents are saying they don't fly beyond 32 weeks which is different from their website says. Anyone?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shimk: 1:14pm On Jun 04, 2015
FinanceFitness:
Hello house, has anyone flown united at 35 weeks +? Their agents are saying they don't fly beyond 32 weeks which is different from their website says. Anyone?

dnt mind dose people. I flew dem 2wks ago and I was lucky my doctor put 30wks for me on my fit to fly instead of my 35 wks + and at abj airport dey will send u to d health section to re confirm. der I was confirmed 31wks.
u might just hv to reduce ur wks a bit to fit into dier 30 -32wks ( God forgive us).

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by FinanceFitness: 1:40pm On Jun 04, 2015
Thanks Shimk. May have to fly delta don't want to lie. Thanks.

shimk:

dnt mind dose people. I flew dem 2wks ago and I was lucky my doctor put 30wks for me on my fit to fly instead of my 35 wks + and at abj airport dey will send u to d health section to re confirm. der I was confirmed 31wks.
u might just hv to reduce ur wks a bit to fit into dier 30 -32wks ( God forgive us).

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shimk: 2:29pm On Jun 04, 2015
FinanceFitness:
Thanks Shimk. May have to fly delta don't want to lie. Thanks.

oh kk. since u havnt bought ur ticket der isnt any need to.

got my ticket since January so I didnt hv a choice.

delta is better.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by modath(f): 2:50pm On Jun 04, 2015
doublefavour:

So doctors can be funny. I approached my doctor to write my report for me and he took it personal that after he has helped me with my pregnancy till date, I want to go give white man the glory, as such he can't write anything for me.

*i was restraining myself from saying nothing but I can't help it*..

It seems its this your Dr that impregnated you, is the uterus that is housing the baby & is also the umbilical cord that is transporting the needed nutrients to the baby, Has his services been pro bono ? ori e o pe rara!!! He has missed a dose of his kolo medication..

@Nogen,
Sound idea about the lawyer but for lack of time & the Naija way of treating litiigation.
I'll advise @ doublefavour to go to a good Govt hospital and register with and approach a "thick matron" and calmly explain her needs, your tests,med history will be taken and within 3 days she should get what she requires at a token sum.

@doublefavour,
If your Dr refuses to listen to reason, go and come back to treat his F-up, parade don change gear, even if it will take months, make sure he regrets ever setting eyes on you!!!

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by lekiks: 3:04pm On Jun 04, 2015
anfanio:

I would suggest you make reservation and pay upon arrival, monthly (2bdrm) rate is about $900+ could be less, 1bdrm $700+ per month
Note: I edited my earlier post

@Anfanio ....thanks..pls i PMed you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by anfanio: 3:33pm On Jun 04, 2015
lekiks:

@Anfanio ....thanks..pls i PMed you.

Check your mail!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by woaini(f): 3:42pm On Jun 04, 2015
Please has anyone used the passport office in dallas? Or can anyone refer me to a page or someone post that used dallas passport office? I want to know if they accept consent form notorised in court or other notary public.

Please it's urgent, I need help
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nogen: 3:45pm On Jun 04, 2015
@modath, doublefavour doesn't need to go to court. What she needs is a letter from a lawyer telling him to release all her medical records with immediate effect or face the medical board. It's her right not a privilege! There were tests and scans she did in her first and 2nd trimesters, how will a Matron produce them?

If you are based in Lagos, just pm me, we will take it from there. It seems your doctor wants to lose his licence.

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by woaini(f): 3:47pm On Jun 04, 2015
To God's glory alone, I gave birth to my little princess on the 31st may. Everything went so well I am just grateful to God and I appreciate all the contributions on this thread.
I am right now at the last phase of this journey, birthcert is out and I am working on other documents.

May God see us through in this huge project, amen

19 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jun 04, 2015
woaini:
To God's glory alone, I gave birth to my little princess on the 31st may. Everything went so well I am just grateful to God and I appreciate all the contributions on this thread.
I am right now at the last phase of this journey, birthcert is out and I am working on other documents.

May God see us through in this huge project, amen

Congratulations!!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by woaini(f): 3:55pm On Jun 04, 2015
[quote author=Phema post=34424437]

Congratulations!![/quote

Thank you smiley

I sent you a pm. I could as well ask the question here.
So I have the consent form already notorised, there is a portion that talks about expiration or sometin like that, the Lawyer left it blank even my hubby went there twice. So is it ok like that? Was anything written on the one you used?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jun 04, 2015
[quote author=woaini post=34424588][/quote]

It's fine hun. Use it like that.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by woaini(f): 4:19pm On Jun 04, 2015
Phema:

It's fine hun. Use it like that.

Thanks! Now I pray it would be accepted in dallas passport office. I just hope they won't insist on the one notorised at the embassy. I need to get back home ASAP
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by modath(f): 4:36pm On Jun 04, 2015
Nogen:
@modath, doublefavour doesn't need to go to court. What she needs is a letter from a lawyer telling him to release all her medical records with immediate effect or face the medical board. It's her right not a privilege! There were tests and scans she did in her first and 2nd trimesters, how will a Matron produce them?

If you are based in Lagos, just pm me, we will take it from there. It seems your doctor wants to lose his licence.

Babe, you'll notice I put "if your dr refuses to see reason" cos if his head really nor correct, he may disregard her request,keep her hanging and waste her time..

He is aware he has zero right to hold on to her records but is overstepping his boundary cos he knows how our legal system works.

Getting her records is of course the sane thing, my advise is a plan b in case. you understand?

**The result won't be produced by the matron, definitely not,! she'll do all necessary tests, do scan & even see consultant ob gyn sef and admin dept will prepare her records. These matrons are like institutions in these hospitals and can get things done with a snap in record time.**

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nogen: 4:39pm On Jun 04, 2015
[quote author=modath post=34425967]

Babe, you'll notice I put "if your dr refuses to see reason" cos if his head really nor correct, he may disregard her request,keep her hanging and waste her time..

He is aware he has zero right to hold on to her records but is overstepping his boundary cos he knows how our legal system works.

Getting her records is of course the sane thing, my advise is a plan b in case. you understand?[/quote
]
I understand but the authenticity of the records she will get elsewhere is what bothers me especially the ones she ought to have done early and middle of her pregnancy.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jun 04, 2015
shagaman:
@Nogen that your Doctor get skoin skoin for head.....he actually said he helped you thru the pregnancy... how ridiculous

beyond ridiculous

hiss
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shimk: 5:01pm On Jun 04, 2015
[quote author=shimk post=34416817][/quote]
modath dis card didn't work at the post office o
now am getting angry.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 5:34pm On Jun 04, 2015
shimk:

now am getting angry.

Bwhahahaha *evil laugh* Where are all the people that swore by money order?
Did you try the Walmart? I I gave up ages ago, blaming it on my UBA and Access bank cards. It's to count losses and move on cry

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by hastee: 5:38pm On Jun 04, 2015
@nefertitiram. Pls i sent u a pm. Kindly respond. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 5:47pm On Jun 04, 2015
hastee:
@nefertitiram. Pls i sent u a pm. Kindly respond. Thanks

Forgive me, I didn't get your pm.
Pls ask me here, I suck at responding to PM's
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by dyout: 5:52pm On Jun 04, 2015
please go through use this link.

http://www.travel.state.gov/content/passports/english/passports/information/where-to-apply/agencies/dallas.html

woaini:
Please has anyone used the passport office in dallas? Or can anyone refer me to a page or someone post that used dallas passport office? I want to know if they accept consent form notorised in court or other notary public.

Please it's urgent, I need help
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by hastee: 5:57pm On Jun 04, 2015
@nef, just checked my mail and got a response from you. I sent another message already. But let me paste it here.

Hi nef. Thanks for your prompt response. Pls i am also having my baby in chicago. I am an august mum planning to use dr akere since i had no alternative. But i saw in your contribution on the forum that you got a doctor cheaper than dr akeres 7500 for vaginal delivery and 9000 for CS. You also mentioned that he is a gynecologist. Pls i will be grateful if u can give me more details on this package. I would appreciate alot. I plan on arriving mid july. God bless you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by modath(f): 6:00pm On Jun 04, 2015
shimk:

now am getting angry.

Shimk,thanks sweerie for the heads up!! You no go ever waka loss something. Make I go collect my widow's mite, I can't do countless atm runs, mbano.. e...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by darellone: 6:06pm On Jun 04, 2015
Im trying to book my flight through United Airlines website and i found this info......... Please, what does the $50 Card Statement Credit mean?

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 6:08pm On Jun 04, 2015
hastee:
@nef, just checked my mail and got a response from you. I sent another message already. But let me paste it here.

Hi nef. Thanks for your prompt response. Pls i am also having my baby in chicago. I am an august mum planning to use dr akere since i had no alternative. But i saw in your contribution on the forum that you got a doctor cheaper than dr akeres 7500 for vaginal delivery and 9000 for CS. You also mentioned that he is a gynecologist. Pls i will be grateful if u can give me more details on this package. I would appreciate alot. I plan on arriving mid july. God bless you

Hi dear.
Please go through my April post on analysis of Chicago hosps. The hosp prices are there. Please contact the hosps and they link you up to the doctor, cos he is the only one taking self pay patients. All others take only insurance.
I have no intention to promote any doc on this platform.
Goodluck dear.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by doublefavour(f): 6:08pm On Jun 04, 2015
modath:

*i was restraining myself from saying nothing but I can't help it*..

It seems its this your Dr that impregnated you, is the uterus that is housing the baby & is also the umbilical cord that is transporting the needed nutrients to the baby, Has his services been pro bono ? ori e o pe rara!!! He has missed a dose of his kolo medication..

@Nogen,
Sound idea about the lawyer but for lack of time & the Naija way of treating litiigation.
I'll advise @ doublefavour to go to a good Govt hospital and register with and approach a "thick matron" and calmly explain her needs, your tests,med history will be taken and within 3 days she should get what she requires at a token sum.

Myself n hubby will pay him a visit on Saturday , he no get craze. All he will do is over charge me for it. Mshewwww.

@doublefavour,
If your Dr refuses to listen to reason, go and come back to treat his F-up, parade don change gear, even if it will take months, make sure he regrets ever setting eyes on you!!!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shimk: 6:15pm On Jun 04, 2015
nefertitiram:

Bwhahahaha *evil laugh* Where are all the people that swore by money order?
Did you try the Walmart? I I gave up ages ago, blaming it on my UBA and Access bank cards. It's to count losses and move on cry

money order isnt the issue o.

its d card day isn't being recognised.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 6:16pm On Jun 04, 2015
shimk:

money order isnt the issue o.

its d card day isn't being recognised.

I know jare. It's very frustrating!

(1) (2) (3) ... (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) ... (333)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / Polish Student Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.