Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,501 members, 7,819,817 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:40 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 - Travel (151) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (893522 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) ... (333) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by mitchelle1989(f): 3:59pm On Jun 16, 2015
@ xyzabcuo. Pls reapply asap and try and book appointment as soon as possible cos the last tym I checked, the next available date was 6th august and you said you ll be due by September.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Remen: 4:14pm On Jun 16, 2015
For those who have been looking for how to get cash(dollars), Fidelity bank does PTA with a maximum of 4000 dollars.
If you dont have an account with them you can quickly open one and do d needful.
Their exxchange rate today is 199.40.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by xyzabcuo: 4:32pm On Jun 16, 2015
yes @ Michelle...

its even 14th july today..

Am torn between 2 things: should i use the same MIHS, same details i used to apply before or change hospital and plans on where to stay...should i apply with my family embarassed

That is what am just checking now cos i cant think of anything i can change right now...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 4:44pm On Jun 16, 2015
xyzabcuo:
yes @ Michelle...

Am torn between 2 things: should i use the same MIHS, same details i used to apply before or change hospital and plans on where to stay...should i apply with my family embarassed

That is what am just checking now cos i cant think of anything i can change right now...

In my opinion, don't change anything. Maybe inflate your budget sheet a bit, increase your shopping list and miscellaneous and add a few more bucks into your acct. You did nothing wrong, the black VO needs a man real bad to grease her engine.
Am sure the night she gets laid, she will approve everybody with a big grin on her surly face

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by akindolz(f): 4:51pm On Jun 16, 2015
God forgive u!

nefertitiram:

In my opinion, don't change anything. Maybe inflate your budget sheet a bit, increase your shopping list and miscellaneous and add a few more bucks into your acct. You did nothing wrong, the black VO needs a man real bad to grease her engine.
Am sure the night she gets laid, she will approve everybody with a big grin on her surly face

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 4:52pm On Jun 16, 2015
akindolz:
God forgive u!

Amen! *straight face*

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by CallMeFavoured: 5:19pm On Jun 16, 2015
Apply soonest. But i would assume 3things. Your travel history, rejected UK visa and indirect communication for your hospital package.

xyzabcuo:
@hot mummy:

Yeah i had the money for hospital bills and my stay with a little extra..my dear that lady body dey pepper am.Did any Naija boy break her heart?it seems to be her against the whole Naija...they will post her to Iraq as she does not like it here..The Oyinbos are way better and more objective than she is.Never heard them act like anyone was fighting with them,never talking tru speaker phones at applicants,always calm and ready to listen even to some korokoro white lies.They do the denial very nicely and calmly like well trained people.
well...will reapply and make a little modifications here and there.Save up one more month,use a doctors appointment from NC,use my uncle as primary contact instead of using a rented accommodation somewhere else...maybe that will be the change in circumstances cos i cant think of anything out of place now really.this one na test of faith or what will i call it?its well...

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by mitchelle1989(f): 5:29pm On Jun 16, 2015
xyzabcuo:
yes @ Michelle...

did you say 14th july or 14 august. You can choose to use same hospital or change it if you wish. I dont think it really matters. The fact is that you will be interviewed by another VO who will look at your case differently and will give you your visa asap. I really need to behold that blackVO's face grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by zeezahbee(f): 5:48pm On Jun 16, 2015
queenestty:
Morning my people.

Pls I contacted ob/gyn office and was ask to fax my antinantal report to them, ask for e-mail, they told me they don't do e-mail, they do fax.

My question now is, where on earth can I see where to fax in Abuja.

Pls someome help me. Thks

It's so easy. Scan the document and save on your computer. Go to http://www.myfax.com/free/
It's free

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by wondermum(f): 5:58pm On Jun 16, 2015
Phema:

Congrats to you and your family!
Nope. You don't need to notify the embassy since you already stated you will be going for childbirth.
. Thanks Phema. It was your budget sheet and "burden of proof" list that I followed diligently. Lol! My husband was even fed up at a point, he had to ask me if we were going for exams. I just ignored him and continued gathering the documents you stated on your list.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Toks07: 6:13pm On Jun 16, 2015
Beryl15:

Me too I'm waiting for an answer. Though I plan to fill the medic form, traveling at 35weeks.

Pls anybody that have answer should answer us o plssssS.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by egwon: 6:16pm On Jun 16, 2015
Amother4life:

Everyone who enters an airport, including babies, needs to show some form of ID, but while a government-issued photo ID is required of adults, often a birth certificate will do just fine for infants and children when traveling domestically. For a journey outside the country, however, each passenger, regardless of age, must possess a valid passport. Make sure your infant has the proper ID to board the plane before you reach the airport, or your trip might be cut drastically short. Like I earlier mentioned your U.S citizen baby requires a US passport to leave the country.

Had a friend leave usa with her baby with only a nigerian passport because she didn't want to exceed her stamped in date. She has scheduled an appointment with American embassy in nigeria for her baby's American passport. Will give u feed back of the outcome afterwards.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by egwon: 6:34pm On Jun 16, 2015
Amother4life:

Everyone who enters an airport, including babies, needs to show some form of ID, but while a government-issued photo ID is required of adults, often a birth certificate will do just fine for infants and children when traveling domestically. For a journey outside the country, however, each passenger, regardless of age, must possess a valid passport. Make sure your infant has the proper ID to board the plane before you reach the airport, or your trip might be cut drastically short. Like I earlier mentioned your U.S citizen baby requires a US passport to leave the country.

When i returned to nigeria from usa with my baby. I was only asked for his nigerian passport At the airport.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by sucre26: 7:09pm On Jun 16, 2015
I heard 1 can buy an appointment date for U.S interview. Please anyone with info on how to go about it. It's very urgent. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by woaini(f): 7:36pm On Jun 16, 2015
Please for those that got their infant ticket how did you manage it? I just called the airline and they gave me a quote of almost 370usd.
Some have said they booked return ticket instead for the baby, pls how did you do this because though i got a cheaper quote I was told a baby can't have a ticket alone, an infant ticket must be attached to an adult's. So how was this managed
Help pls
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by queenestty: 7:50pm On Jun 16, 2015
Remen:
For those who have been looking for how to get cash(dollars), Fidelity bank does PTA with a maximum of 4000 dollars.
If you dont have an account with them you can quickly open one and do d needful.

Thks for this info.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by queenestty: 7:58pm On Jun 16, 2015
zeezahbee:
It's so easy. Scan the document and save on your computer. Go to http://www.myfax.com/free/
It's free

Thks so much ZeeZahbee will give it a try.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shelly23: 8:35pm On Jun 16, 2015
It depends on your travel date and class of ticket you have. I don't know that there's a trick to it. They calculate a percentage (10% I think) of the cost of a return ticket for the adult.
If your baby doesn't have a naija passport, you have to book a return ticket. They won't let you buy a one way ticket with a naija tourist visa in the US passport. When you get to naija, you can process a refund for the return leg.

woaini:
Please for those that got their infant ticket how did you manage it? I just called the airline and they gave me a quote of almost 370usd.
Some have said they booked return ticket instead for the baby, pls how did you do this because though i got a cheaper quote I was told a baby can't have a ticket alone, an infant ticket must be attached to an adult's. So how was this managed
Help pls
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shelly23: 8:36pm On Jun 16, 2015
Don't waste your money, sounds too shady already.

sucre26:
I heard 1 can buy an appointment date for U.S interview. Please anyone with info on how to go about it. It's very urgent. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by xyzabcuo: 8:56pm On Jun 16, 2015
@mitchell:yeah 14th July today,I checked.will apply soonest..honestly the black VO has pretty face but a mean soul.she wears some funky glasses.i don't blame nerf when he says she needs to get some...she needs a real hot one cool
@nerf:you are right on point...I intend to do just that.save up some more by month end..wish I was asked for a budget sheet sf but the nag did not.#sigh .by the way you are a clown oh...you said amen to the prayer.lol
@callmefavored:sorry please what is indirect communication for hospital package? ..a lot of people have used same appointment so I don't really want to believe there's anthing wrong with it.its the way this particular hospital offers maternity services for non residents...kindly explain.we learn everyday..for travel history :how about those that got visas on virgin passport or that have only been to Ghana or even with rejected visa stamps? This one I go call am trial or tribulation o grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by xyzabcuo: 9:00pm On Jun 16, 2015
[quote author=sucre26 post=34835761]I heard 1 can buy an appointment date for U.S interview. Please anyone with info on how to go about it. It's very urgent. Thanks

Please dear won't advise...are you running out of time or something?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by hadetola: 9:08pm On Jun 16, 2015
shelly23:
It depends on your travel date and class of ticket you have. I don't know that there's a trick to it. They calculate a percentage (10% I think) of the cost of a return ticket for the adult.
If your baby doesn't have a naija passport, you have to book a return ticket. They won't let you buy a one way ticket with a naija tourist visa in the US passport. When you get to naija, you can process a refund for the return leg.

Do you think that refund is applicable to those that git their ticket from an agent. May be if you get the ticket from through the airline
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by woaini(f): 9:14pm On Jun 16, 2015
shelly23:

Thanks shelly you have been so helpful. I did not even ask about the passport. They just said if I want return then an adult has to also make the trip. I am just confused. The return ticket is like 118 dollars but it must be tied to an adult ticket. Did you book return for just your infant? I will call them back concerning the passport atleast to avoid any drama on the day of travel
I got my ticket through an agent but they told me from beginning that they don't handle inclusion of infant ticket that I have to call the airline for that when I am ready and I don't really know the class of ticket I've got
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by favoredgal: 9:29pm On Jun 16, 2015
shelly23:

It depends on the airline. It's mostly American airline most likely delta that will insist on a return ticket

I bought a one way ticket for my baby on BA with no Nigerian passport just a tourist visa in her blue pali
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by favoredgal: 9:34pm On Jun 16, 2015
woaini:
Help pls

Your baby ticket is ten percent of the full ticket cost for the day you are traveling, it's almost or already summer hence the cost of full tickets are high hence your baby's ticket is high
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shelly23: 9:42pm On Jun 16, 2015
They're referring to the return portion of the ticket you're buying for your baby. Maybe you should mention the fact that your baby doesn't have a naija visa and hear what they say.

woaini:

Thanks shelly you have been so helpful. I did not even ask about the passport. They just said if I want return then an adult has to also make the trip. I am just confused. The return ticket is like 118 dollars but it must be tied to an adult ticket. Did you book return for just your infant? I will call them back concerning the passport atleast to avoid any drama on the day of travel
I got my ticket through an agent but they told me from beginning that they don't handle inclusion of infant ticket that I have to call the airline for that when I am ready and I don't really know the class of ticket I've got
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by sucre26: 10:36pm On Jun 16, 2015
[quote author=xyzabcuo post=34839071][/quote]

Yes. Will just wait it out
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Amother4life: 12:03am On Jun 17, 2015
egwon:

When i returned to nigeria from usa with my baby. I was only asked for his nigerian passport At the airport.

Which airport are you referring to?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Toks07: 8:50am On Jun 17, 2015
Hawttattoo:
Reporting Live from the city of Houston. Lol.. In the spirit of giving back to this forum that has made this journey successful.i left my state with hubby to lagos on friday to avoid being stressed on Saturday. A few minutes before leaving for the airport,I noticed I could not find my compression tight. Hmmmm tight that I ordered all the way from Abuja undecided
Got to the airport some few minutes past 6 o'clock armed with my $4k I needed more dollars to add so ended up buying $5k more at 222..
Checked in and hubby couldn't stop laughing at me in the wheelchair. Thank God I requested for it.
Flew Delta, paid for economy comfort which is a little roomy than the normal cabin. Got to Atlanta today about 10:15am Nigerian time. Got wheeled to POE and the following ensued

Cp: good morning
Me: good morning
Cp:what are you here for?
Me:vacation and childbirth
Cp:Okk how much do you have on you?
Me:9k,some coins and my card
Cp:have you contacted any hospital?
Me: yes I have quotation from 2 hospitals.
Cp: how much is their bill?
Me: 5k something
Cp: is your husband coming?
Me: yes before I put to bed.
Cp: ok madam. It's not a crime to come and have your baby here. Make sure you pay all your bills. Don't access any Medicaid.when next you are coming bring all your receipts.
In all I spent about 2mins with him
And that was all... No secondary inspection no agriculture even though I came with a truck load of food.lol

Resting and waiting for my 1st appointment on Wednesday.

Congratulation on good POE story. I pray mine too goes the same way. Pls what kind of food did you take because am kind of lost on what is allowed. Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Lalaska(m): 12:20pm On Jun 17, 2015
lollll

nefertitiram:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Toks07: 12:46pm On Jun 17, 2015
Remen:
Hi has anyone use fidelity bank for PTA in ibadan? I went to the one at ring road and they said I have to have account with them for atleast 3 month before I can get PTA. Pls I need PTA o. Pls help anyone in ibadan.

(1) (2) (3) ... (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) ... (333)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Polish Student Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.