Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,126 members, 7,829,015 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:33 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 - Travel (165) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (894357 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) ... (333) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by firsttymum(f): 12:28pm On Jun 29, 2015
Olaideodes:
hello dear pls can you pm me the form too I need my hubby to fill it too as I won't be able to come over.thanks

Pls pm me the form too wink
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Beryl15: 12:31pm On Jun 29, 2015
firsttymum:

I thought u can only get naija passport in newyork, Washington and Atlanta
Yes, but Maryland to Washington is not up to 1 hour drive depends on where you're leaving from.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by queenestty: 12:53pm On Jun 29, 2015
0yin:

Which hospital are you using in Atlanta?

Northside hospital, atlanta
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by 0yin: 1:34pm On Jun 29, 2015
queenestty:

Northside hospital, atlanta

Like Shawbabe mentioned earlier, you might not get any appointment with an obgyn till you send in your medical reports. I suggest you get in contact with one affiliated to Northside, then you can print out you email convos with them for you to hold for POE. In the mail, they'll mention how much you are expected to pay, schedule you for an appointment (they'll ask when you are getting into town, so it should be around then) upon review of your records from Nigeria.
You can contact Judy Furbish (North Atlanta Obgyn Patient Care coordinator) 770-752-0824 ext 5101.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by bisilola: 1:52pm On Jun 29, 2015
ekweresplace:

The doctor's letter, email correspondence and prayers should be enough...

Thank you dear.....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by bisilola: 1:55pm On Jun 29, 2015
ewa2014:
Cc: bisilola and Toks07

I sent the notification to the Abuja embassy. Don't have the address for Lagos but it's on the thread somewhere.

consularabuja@state.gov

Dear Sir/Madam,

NOTIFICATION OF CHANGE IN TRAVEL PLAN

I am writing to notify the embassy of a change in my travel plans. I have a B1/B2 visa which was obtained for a family vacation. I am now pregnant and we have decided to have our baby in the USA.

I have made proper arrangements by contacting a hospital and a doctor in the USA for this purpose and we have adequate finances to cover all expenses.

I understand that my Visa covers for the purpose but would like to request that you kindly update my records to reflect this change in travel plans.

Kindly advise if there is any other thing I would need to know before embarking on my trip.

Thank you.

@ewa2014,thank you so much .
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shadetwins: 1:56pm On Jun 29, 2015
which hospital are you using in newark
Darius84:

Newark New Jersey was awesome. Came in with wifey and spent less than 3mins with the cbp officer. Asked why we were in the US, told him vacation and childbirth. That was it. I was surprised. Took wife's pic and stamped us in. Went through Agriculture and also had to fill a form cos we declared having food and funds in excess of 10k. No biggie, no food siezed, money was not checked either. Just filled the fund declaration form and that was it
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by akindolz(f): 2:55pm On Jun 29, 2015
Babes, the passport offfice & bc office no far frm each other.....told u I v some docs 4u 2check out....olodo

nefertitiram:

I'm in a hurry ooo! Haven't even had my baby yet and I'm planning my exit frm ds country. Lolz.
Thanks for the info, will update my plans
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by HotChoco2(f): 3:03pm On Jun 29, 2015
Hello House,

My travel date is finally here (tomorrow) and i have a little glitch. I have like $5k in my BOA account, $5k cash and want to buy more but the Banks are saying that i cant use my mum's ticket to buy now since her travel date is still in August.

As at today, black market is 226 and i think that is too high compare to 200 at the bank.

Can i just leave the naira in my account and print my statement? I reckon i am better off using GT card rate than buying black market.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 3:05pm On Jun 29, 2015
akindolz:
Babes, the passport offfice & bc office no far frm each other.....told u I v some docs 4u 2check out....olodo

Ohhh, it didn't click jare. Will look at d docs, you too much! grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Shawbabe: 3:09pm On Jun 29, 2015
HotChoco2:
Hello House,

My travel date is finally here (tomorrow) and i have a little glitch. I have like $5k in my BOA account, $5k cash and want to buy more but the Banks are saying that i cant use my mum's ticket to buy now since her travel date is still in August.

As at today, black market is 226 and i think that is too high compare to 200 at the bank.

Can i just leave the naira in my account and print my statement? I reckon i am better off using GT card rate than buying black market.

Wetin u wan carry ur bank statement do?

I don't why u people are killing urselves with carrying all that cash. Pls 5k is enough for poe. Them wey they question u, them get 5k cash like that? Lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Toks07: 3:31pm On Jun 29, 2015
[quote author=bisilola post=35283610][/quote]

God bless you ewa 2014
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by hadetola: 4:10pm On Jun 29, 2015
Shawbabe:

Lol relax! U are too stressed. Letter and correspondence from Dr doesn't guarantee entry. I traveled with no letter or choice of Dr sef. And only 40 dollars in my bag becoz hubby had wired all the money to his Bank of America acct. I just had his Atm cards. And I told the border agent that I have a Dr and hospital in mind and will decide when I visit both. He said ok and stamped me in. I made up my mind when I was settled in Atl. It's all about confidence and how u answer their questions abeg. I no carry any burden of proof oh.

Atl obgyns will not give u an appointment till they get ur records. So u can send it to them if u want appointment but they won't send u any letter or correspondence.
. Shawbabe I guessed that was not your first time in US. Your case is peculiar. It might not work for someone else. It's better to be prepared and most importantly prayerfully do your preparation

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by HotChoco2(f): 4:21pm On Jun 29, 2015
Shawbabe:

I don't why u people are killing urselves with carrying all that cash. Pls 5k is enough for poe. Them wey they question u, them get 5k cash like that? Lol

Lol.. i totally agree with you. Some of them cant boast of $1k talk more of $5K.

I would just show evidence of my BOA and cash then.

Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Fatima007: 5:33pm On Jun 29, 2015
thanks a lot for this information. please does this letter require to be notarised or just the signatures are fine?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Fatima007: 5:35pm On Jun 29, 2015
thanks a lot for this information. please does this letter require to be notarised or just the signatures are fine?

mamacajah:
However, for those who want to process the Nigerian Passport /Visa by theirself, here's a sample of the consent form I developed for my baby.
"DIRECTIONS FOR COMPLETING THE VISA AND PASSPORT APPLICATION PROCESS YOURSELF (not using an agent)

Sample of Parental Consent letter
Parents Names,
US Home Address,
Date Month 2015.

To: Consulate-General of Nigeria,
8060 Roswell Road,
Atlanta, GA, 30350.
[or use the Nigerian Embassy closest to your accommodation]

Dear Sir,

Parental Consent to process Nigerian e-Passport (or visa) for Childs’ Name (infant)

We, Fathers’ Name and Mothers’ Name, the parents of Childs’ name , wish to obtain a Nigerian e-passport (or Nigerian visiting visa) for her/him and hereby give our consent for your office to process a passport(or Visa) on her/his behalf.

Please find attached the following documents

- Completed and signed e-Passport Application Form
- 2 recent passport photographs of child
- Payment and Acknowledgement Slips
- Parents Bio-data pages
- Copy of child’s birth certificate
- Processing fee of $30 in money order

We deeply appreciate your assistance and thank you in advance for the usual swift co-operation in this matter.
Warm Regards,

__________________ _____________________
Father Mother "

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by glassy2606(f): 5:53pm On Jun 29, 2015
Just wise please can I have your contact.maybe your number or Email address.please!!!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by queenestty: 7:09pm On Jun 29, 2015
0yin:

Like Shawbabe mentioned earlier, you might not get any appointment with an obgyn till you send in your medical reports. I suggest you get in contact with one affiliated to Northside, then you can print out you email convos with them for you to hold for POE. In the mail, they'll mention how much you are expected to pay, schedule you for an appointment (they'll ask when you are getting into town, so it should be around then) upon review of your records from Nigeria.
You can contact Judy Furbish (North Atlanta Obgyn Patient Care coordinator) 770-752-0824 ext 5101.

Thank you so much, I did sent her a mail over the weekend as I come across it when searching for obgyn, and she has reply and ask me to send my record which I have sent.

Waiting for her reply now.

Thanks so much.

One luv. U guys are the bomb.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 8:28pm On Jun 29, 2015
Shawbabe:

I tire oo! Some POE's have brain touch sha
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by damonas: 9:03pm On Jun 29, 2015
Hello House,
I just got my visa approved but my name on Passport is still carries my maiden name. Pls would Marriage certificate and newspaper Publication fly when I want to do baby's documentation so he bears hubby's surname or what other documentation do I need.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Xenadarl: 9:29pm On Jun 29, 2015
You really dont need to show any documentation, just give them the names for your baby n it will be processed. No one is going to ask for marriage cert n all.
My own passport is still in my maiden name n when I filled my baby's forms for processing of birth cert n passport, no body asked why the surnames were different. Am sure it happens all the time over there as some parents r not usually married when they have kids.

Hello House,
I just got my visa approved but my name on Passport is still carries my maiden name. Pls would Marriage certificate and newspaper Publication fly when I want to do baby's documentation so he bears hubby's surname or what other documentation do I need.[/quote]

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by damonas: 9:39pm On Jun 29, 2015
[quote author=Xenadarl post=35299363]You really dont need to show any documentation, just give them the names for your baby n it will be processed. No one is going to ask for marriage cert n all.

@Xenadarl many thanks appreciate ur response
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by orientaltravels: 10:48pm On Jun 29, 2015
Nasadiva:

shocked shocked @justwise, pls keep some part the pomo for me. Lol

i tell u say i dey sell pomo ? lol
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by mamacajah: 11:08pm On Jun 29, 2015
Fatima007:

only your signature is required. This does not require notarisation.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 11:25pm On Jun 29, 2015
Nasadiva:

Justwise, oya, do what you do best in 5, 4, 3, 2...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 11:27pm On Jun 29, 2015
Nasadiva:

Justwise, oya do what you do best in 5, 4, 3, 2...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by bbaby84(f): 12:03am On Jun 30, 2015
damonas:
Hello House,
I just got my visa approved but my name on Passport is still carries my maiden name. Pls would Marriage certificate and newspaper Publication fly when I want to do baby's documentation so he bears hubby's surname or what other documentation do I need.

You're fine with your marriage certificate. With my first I didn't need anything but with my second I needed my marriage certificate if not I would have been on a long thing. I guess it depends on the state and their issues with paternity.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by bbaby84(f): 12:11am On Jun 30, 2015
Nef I hope you're already bearing hubby's name? If not you need BC. Meanwhile, if you use post office you'll have to wait for a week or two. It's better to use the agency downtown Chicago.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by nefertitiram: 3:10am On Jun 30, 2015
bbaby84:

Nef I hope you're already bearing hubby's name? If not you need BC. Meanwhile, if you use post office you'll have to wait for a week or two. It's better to use the agency downtown Chicago.

Nope am still using my maiden name, I need BC? Or Marriage certificate?
Also, can I use a regular notary public for the consent letter frm hubby for Passport or he must go to the embassy? I'm hoping he can send it b4 am due, I want to be out of here a mth after baby is born

(1) (2) (3) ... (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) ... (333)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / Polish Student Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.