Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,935 members, 7,828,264 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:31 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 - Travel (163) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (894278 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) ... (333) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by sucre26: 10:48pm On Jun 26, 2015
ekweresplace:
Hello House, my wife is bound to travel next month. But there is a problem... Her initial destination was supposed to be Houston but now she feels staying in Maryland would be better as she has a friend that would host her. All her documents bear Houston... And I intend to route her flight through JFK, NY to Houston but at JFK after POE interviews, she could change course to Maryland, maybe by plane (domestic) or by train... I'm just wondering if there is any risk to this!!! Please, your candid opinions will be highly appreciated...

It doesn't matter. I was meant to go to Phoenix, Arizona but I also changed my destination to Maryland. I flew Delta from Naija and My point of entry was in Atlanta, then I took a connecting flight to Maryland from there.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by queenestty: 11:12pm On Jun 26, 2015
Shawbabe:
So Northside mamas, when are we having Northside babies parry...so we can gbedu grin

Hello shawbabe, pls I need to email you, can I pls get ur e-mail address. I PM u though, don't knw if u get it?.

Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shimk: 11:35pm On Jun 26, 2015
ekweresplace:
Hello House, my wife is bound to travel next month. But there is a problem... Her initial destination was supposed to be Houston but now she feels staying in Maryland would be better as she has a friend that would host her. All her documents bear Houston... And I intend to route her flight through JFK, NY to Houston but at JFK after POE interviews, she could change course to Maryland, maybe by plane (domestic) or by train... I'm just wondering if there is any risk to this!!! Please, your candid opinions will be highly appreciated...

I hope she finds a doctor wit a straight forward breakdown cus so far dis maryland waka wants to turn to smtn else o.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by sucre26: 11:50pm On Jun 26, 2015
shimk:

I hope she finds a doctor wit a straight forward breakdown cus so far dis maryland waka wants to turn to smtn else o.

Exactly. You get a quote of 1 thing, but when you get here, you get another quote entirely
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by deltawife: 12:51am On Jun 27, 2015
Hello people, reading this thread has helped me a lot bless you all. Will be travelling end of the month to houston any july/ august mothers there in houston or going. Love to have ladies to chat and shop with. Pls send me a mail so we hook up thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Shawbabe: 12:57am On Jun 27, 2015
queenestty:

Hello shawbabe, pls I need to email you, can I pls get ur e-mail address. I PM u though, don't knw if u get it?.

Thanks

I'm not good with checking my messages. But I got a notification. U can ask me on here and I'll answer.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by deltawife: 8:44am On Jun 27, 2015
UnTee06:

Please will like more information on the intown suites rates n all or how to contact them thanks.Due to be in houston I July for August birth.Thanks
hello @ores mum pls can I have dr Glen no and no of the hospital he uses with a breakdown bill of all d hospital bills. Am a august mum your advice will of much help. Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by deltawife: 8:48am On Jun 27, 2015
@untee and @ores mum
Pls let's hook up in houston I will be in houston in july am a august mum. Don't worry God will bless your POE but I think you should not use houston as your POE maybe Newyork will be better
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ekweresplace: 9:31am On Jun 27, 2015
sucre26:

It doesn't matter. I was meant to go to Phoenix, Arizona but I also changed my destination to Maryland. I flew Delta from Naija and My point of entry was in Atlanta, then I took a connecting flight to Maryland from there.

Thanks for your response. But I still need some clarifications... How did you changed it? Did you book your flight directly to Maryland from Naija connecting from Atlanta? If yes, didn't they suspect or ask any question? Hope to hear from you soon...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by ekweresplace: 9:36am On Jun 27, 2015
sucre26:

Exactly. You get a quote of 1 thing, but when you get here, you get another quote entirely

Please, how much was your quote in Maryland? and which hospital did you used? Really urgent... Thanks...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by woaini(f): 10:36am On Jun 27, 2015
ekweresplace:
Hello House, my wife is bound to travel next month. But there is a problem... Her initial destination was supposed to be Houston but now she feels staying in Maryland would be better as she has a friend that would host her. All her documents bear Houston... I'm just wondering if there is any risk to this!!! Please, your candid opinions will be highly appreciated...

I don't really understand your post especially about the routing. However as much as I agree that changing destination is not really a problem I feel you should be prepared incase questions arise in that regard. I remember phema had to even write the embassy that she was changing destination, some feel it's over-do but I felt that was ok (I am not saying you must do this, just citing an example)
From my personal experience when I traveled in November for vacation my plan when I applied for the visa was atlanta but my friends invited me to Texas. My flight was to atlanta then Houston, at POE atlanta I was taken for secondary inspection and questioned, the officer said they get suspicious when people change destination within short period of time. He eventually said he'll give me benefit of doubt and stamped me in for 2weeks.
Sorry the post is long but my advise is for her to prepare her answer in case the question as to why she changed destination comes up

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by sucre26: 10:44am On Jun 27, 2015
ekweresplace:

Thanks for your response. But I still need some clarifications... How did you changed it? Did you book your flight directly to Maryland from Naija connecting from Atlanta? If yes, didn't they suspect or ask any question? Hope to hear from you soon...

Yes I booked my flight to Maryland from Lagos. I wasn't even asked for correspondence or anything at the POE in Atlanta. You can get a correspondence from the Doc you want to use in Maryland and a fee breakdown of the Doc's fee to hold just Incase your questioned at the POE
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by sucre26: 10:48am On Jun 27, 2015
ekweresplace:

Please, how much was your quote in Maryland? and which hospital did you used? Really urgent... Thanks...

I'm using Dr Chaudhry and Prince George Hospital. I paid Doctor's fee which was about 2,350 ( can't remember the exact fig). I was also given this quote at the hospital when I went there on Wednesday. The quote I got from the doc before I left Naija was an estimate of $4k not between $5k to $5500

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by sucre26: 10:55am On Jun 27, 2015
woaini:

I don't really understand your post especially about the routing. However as much as I agree that changing destination is not really a problem I feel you should be prepared incase questions arise in that regard. I remember phema had to even write the embassy that she was changing destination, some feel it's over-do but I felt that was ok (I am not saying you must do this, just citing an example)
From my personal experience when I traveled in November for vacation my plan when I applied for the visa was atlanta but my friends invited me to Texas. My flight was to atlanta then Houston, at POE atlanta I was taken for secondary inspection and questioned, the officer said they get suspicious when people change destination within short period of time. He eventually said he'll give me benefit of doubt and stamped me in for 2weeks.
Sorry the post is long but my advise is for her to prepare her answer in case the question as to why she changed destination comes up

I agree with you on her writing to the embassy that she is changing her location. My husband wanted to come over and went for the interview 2 weeks back but he was denied the visa for 2 reasons. 1 of the reason was that the VO asked him why I changed the state I was going to. Thou I feel it's because it's the black lady that interviewed him, that was why she wasn't lenient cos my husband said she didn't even go thru his documents
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 11:07am On Jun 27, 2015
Hello Everyone ! My first time here; Nice thread.

@ Fruitfull1 pls i sent you a PM (noticed you're more active here). Pls i have some questions i want to ask.
Pls reply, thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by glassy2606(f): 11:36am On Jun 27, 2015
Hello everyone,am new here please I need your help.I was at d embassy on wednesday and I was refused.the interview was a long one I almost could not believe I will be refused please help me.VO morning madam why re you going to d US I replied for child birth and holiday.VO okay you are pregnant,cos I stil don't look it even at 23weeks,I said yes.VO what do you do,I told him I own a supermarket.VO how much do you earn I told him from 280k to 350 as my income varries depending on turnover each month.I quickly hand him my bank statement and quickly mentioned that my husband is sponsoring.I showed him husbands bank statements but he did not really check,cos I got his statements from 3different banks,He thenasked if I ve contacted any hospital in US I said yes at thet point I showed him d letter I got from the hospital and at that point he went away,showed d letter to another man came back to ask wher I got the letter,I repeated that it was sent to me on mail.I guess he entered d address on his system and at dat point he said sorry.I want to re apply,I am also tinking of getting another letter from a different hospital,and probably go for interview in abuja.please help me.what do u tink went wrong? What can I do please help me
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by glassy2606(f): 11:42am On Jun 27, 2015
Please say something house,am loosing my mind.Justwise please advice me.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by dyout: 12:24pm On Jun 27, 2015
@glassy2606
Just relax don't loose ur mind, u will get different advice. A lot of people have got experience to share just relax ur mind and watch the thread at intervals okay?

glassy2606:
Please say something house,am loosing my mind.Justwise please advice me.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by glassy2606(f): 12:57pm On Jun 27, 2015
Ejo esanu mi.I need advice on what to do,how to go about it.you ppl are not talking pls save my helpless soul
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shelly23: 1:18pm On Jun 27, 2015
You realize that people do other things beside wait for questions on Nairaland to answer right?

And please ehn, your soul is not helpless, don't confess such things on yourself.

What hospital correspondence did you give the VO? Seems like that's what triggered the refusal. Let's start from there.

glassy2606:
Ejo esanu mi.I need advice on what to do,how to go about it.you ppl are not talking pls save my helpless soul

12 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by glassy2606(f): 1:36pm On Jun 27, 2015
The address is TLM obstetrics&gynecology womens healthcare llc. W.M stevens MD F.A.C.0.G 1023 medical center pkwy suite #401 selma,A1 36701
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by sucre26: 1:41pm On Jun 27, 2015
glassy2606:
The address is TLM obstetrics&gynecology womens healthcare llc. W.M stevens MD F.A.C.0.G 1023 medical center pkwy suite #401 selma,A1 36701

Is it a health centre or a hospital ?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by glassy2606(f): 1:50pm On Jun 27, 2015
From the address I guess it is a health care center
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by favoredgal: 1:52pm On Jun 27, 2015
ekweresplace:

Once you fly delta to anywhere you must transit at Atlanta. That is their hub
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by olokings(m): 2:46pm On Jun 27, 2015
You don't sound so sure and confident.
These VOs are trained to read such countenance.
My advice get back to your drawing board.
Get an authentic proforma bill from a recognised hospital (not health care centre)
Get a detailed quote from a ob/gyn.
Arrange ur burden of proof with just a single bank statement.... they don't have time to scrutinise multiple statements when they got other applicants to attend to.
Reorganise ursef in totality n
One more thing. ..may I ask y the VO doubted ur pregnancy status. ...pregz ve clear cut signs aside from tummy growth. .buh then again I'm a dude. .what do I know.

Gud luck with ur application.

glassy2606:

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by shelly23: 2:50pm On Jun 27, 2015
It seems like the doctor's office to me. Did the letter include details like cost, etc? What kind of information was on it?

glassy2606:
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by dunwun: 3:52pm On Jun 27, 2015
glassy2606:
Hello everyone,am new here please I need your help.I was at d embassy on wednesday and I was refused.the interview was a long one I almost cowill be done.not believe I will be refused please help me.VO morning madam why re you going to d US I replied for child birth and holiday.VO okay you are pregnant,cos I stil don't look it even at 23weeks,I said yes.VO what do you do,I told him I own a supermarket.VO how much do you earn I told him from 280k to 350 as my income varries depending on turnover each month.I quickly hand him my bank statement and quickly mentioned that my husband is sponsoring.I showed him husbands bank statements but he did not really check,cos I got his statements from 3different banks,He thenasked if I ve contacted any hospital in US I said yes at thet point I showed him d letter I got from the hospital and at that point he went away,showed d letter to another man came back to ask wher I got the letter,I repeated that it was sent to me on mail.I guess he entered d address on his system and at dat point he said sorry.I want to re apply,I am also tinking of getting another letter from a different hospital,and probably go for interview in abuja.please help me.what do u tink went wrong? What can I do please help me
Glassy, calm down. I know how you feel. Felt that way about 3 weeks ago, you are not the only one who has encountered refusal.

First things first, hope your ds160 form didn't contradict any of your answers, just wondering why VO asked how much you earn and why your quick response was that your hubby was sponsoring.
with 280-350k a month as your earnings, would have expected that you had your own statment with you to prove that.

Yea, it is a good idea when reapplying to get an estimate from a hospital instead of a health centre.

You seem to be quite anxious, you'll need to keep calm for your next interview in order not to be appear desperate. I've told my self as much as I want this the worst case scenario is that I'd have my baby in Naija ie it's not a do or die affair.

If a VO wants to scrutinize all 3 SOAs, trust me they will, my VO spent a good time looking through mine but in the end had no questions for me. But again you might want to consider streamlining to just 2 so that you have something significant in each.

You can try Abuja, but I don't think it's a guarantee. There's the assumption that folks there are more lenient. But I think there are some gaps in your application you have to fill esp. The hospital thing.

Lastly it doesn't matter if your weren't showing in another 4-6 weeks when you'll get a reappointment date, you'll be showing.

All the best dear. Keep calm and tell God, let your will be done.

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by glassy2606(f): 4:19pm On Jun 27, 2015
Thanks all,it was clearly stated in my form that my husband was sponsoring,I also applied for a tourist medical visa,so I don't knw why he looked surprised when I told him I was travellin for child birth.although I was wearing a big gown but truth me,I told him nothing but the truth.I no only presented my husbands soa I presented mine too,and trust me I have more than enof to foot d bill even on my own.I think it was the letter I presented,cos he asked me twice how I came about the letter,he even went and showed the letter to another man,it was on his arrival that he told me sorry.I just can't explain why
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by msfavor: 4:44pm On Jun 27, 2015
Phewwww this has been long journey but really worth it.

Not POE experience ooo.

Congrats to all new mums and babies and safe delivery to those still cooking.

Very informative and educative also entertaining sometimes grin. Stumbled on this thread and started reading part 1. But then jumped to part 2 and after 3 days I have finished. I can begin sleeping well again cheesy.

Actually not pregnant yet but I have gained so much knowledge from here. God bless you all.

Now let me go back to part 1 grin

9 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Sometingud: 1:43am On Jun 28, 2015
My fellow Northside parents esp. Shawbabe, West300,Nana89, MrsDan, I need your advise on how to procure my daughters US passport. We picked the bC up on Friday. My challenge now has to do with the consent letter as my Husband is in Nigeria at the moment. How do I go about getting it signed from embassy or court? Which is acceptable in Atlanta. If its embassy, how do we schedule appointment for him ?. Secondly, can you please recommend any walk in county or post office where I can get the passport issued in Atlanta, as the POst office around me are scheduling me for later dates. Thirdly, any agent that can help with the Nigeria passport. Lastly, any reliable shipping agent.
Please help a sister, obodo oyinbo don tire me o.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by egwon: 2:25am On Jun 28, 2015
glassy2606:
That letter is from the doctors office. I think you should also g et an appointment Wi th the hospital also( Vaughan hospital selma) Used him for the delivery of My son. He is a great obstetrician.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jun 28, 2015
@ glasshouse, am also using the same doctor. Did u go to d embassy with only the doctor's appointment letter? Cos I think u shd still get d hospital fee from one of the hospitals d doc is affiliated. I have d same letter too from the doc's office but yet to get across to Vaughn hospital. How much is the doc's fees on ur letter?

Does anybody knows how much Vaughn hospital charge for delivery and their contact Addy. Thanx

(1) (2) (3) ... (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) ... (333)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / Polish Student Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.